New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: PTA: Heralds of a New Dawn (IC)

At the pale woman's words Donny writes out a quick paragraph onto a piece of paper detailing a plan and the estimated time it would take. He passes it to each of the other 4 members of their little squad, making changes where appropriate and slight adjustments. Finally he brings it to Sabrina and says, "We seem to agree on this. We'll need transport tomorrow to get to that first destination. I also have a list of supplies that I'm requesting, out of that ^10,000 you mentioned."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Plan is outlined in the Pad (to not encourage our rivals). Donny's list is: 2 Great Balls, 1 Dusk Ball, 1 Quick Ball, 3 Burn Heals, 2 Full Heals, 2 Super Potions, 1 Lum Lum Juice, 1 Super Soda Pop. This equates to ^5,950. Leaving ^4,050 for Camping gear and Rations.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to handle it.
    Ennis bites her lip and pulls a sour face. Yet. We wouldn't be able to handle it YET. Luckily, only Sabrina would be able to hear those thoughts.

'Cool, plan looks good. Doc, if you wanna run those tests you can do it now. Just don't go messing with my Mark too much.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna nods to the plan, noting they seem to have everything under control.

Spoiler
    Show
    Items: 5 burn Heals, 5 Full heals, 2 Dusk Balls, 2 Quick Balls, 2 Super Potions.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Sabrina and Maron had remained quiet during Byron's tale. It seems this was the first they had heard about it as well. Sabrina didn't react to Ennis stray thoguht, but if from ignorance or intent was unclear. Sabrina snaps out of her own thoughts at Donny handing her the plan and shopping list. She nods as she reads it with a small smile. Oh this will be fun to watch. We will gather your supplies for you, we can ship you out tomorrow. I suggest going to bed early. Its a long flight to Hoenn.

The door opens once again, and Maron motions for you to follow him to your quarters.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

'Do you have any Botanists here? I'd rather stock upon Rawst berries than Burn Heals.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna follows attentively, wanting to let her pokemon out since they've been cooped up and she has been a bit thrown by today's events and kind of wishes she had their companionship.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The doctor nods at the other's answers. "Good. I am happy to know that none of us are that stupid." He reaches into his bag and pulls out a syringe, which he pushes into Ennis's arm after grabbing her shoulder to keep her still. "This vill only sting for a second..." he mutters as he retracts the plunger, the vial filling with dark blood.

When the needle is full, he removes it from her bicep and hands her a small bandage. "Keep pressure on it. That vill help prevent bruising," he advises, before turning to their hosts. "I vould like to do some basic tests. I am sure you have access to some sort of medical facility?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not really expecting to find anything, this is mostly just fluff. But just in case there is something to find...
    Wisdom check: (1d20+5)[22]

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan nods, following Maron to his quarters, trying to remember the path.

Spoiler
    Show
    Supplies: 3x Super Potion(^1050), 2x Revive(^800), 1x Super Soda Pop(^400), 2x LumLum Juice(^700), 4x Burn Heal(^800), 2x Great Ball(^1000), Camping Gear(^500) and Food(Aidan - ^50x30=^1500, Zex - ^50x30=^1500, Kiran - ^25x30=^750, Eleara - ^25x30=^750, Total: ^4500. Diets: Aidan, Zex - Omnivore; Kiran, Eleara - Herbivore). Total: ^9750.
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-09-09 at 07:20 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny agrees and lets himself be led out of the room. When he's brought to his sleeping quarters he releases Masque and connects mentally to the Cubone. Hey, we had a crazy day, but I think we're better off now, he thinks to it. Well, we're inside. Echo and 'Rachnia alright? Masque replies. Yeah, no battling today, not for us anyway. Maybe tomorrow. I'll be looking forward to it, the Cubone replies before they both go to sleep.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-09-09 at 03:37 PM.
    Games GMed

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Ennis

We've got a Botanist. Maron will show you. The man gives you a charismatic grin before leading you and the rest to your destinations.

Vlad

Of course we do. I'll take it to the lab to get tested. It will take a while. We will have the results when you get back. Don't want to risk blowing your cover.

Mini Time Skip!

Brrzzzzzt! Brzzzzzzt! Brzzzzzt! An alarm, which hadn't been in your quarters when you went to sleep, blares in your ears the next morning. 6 a.m. Sabrina wasn't kidding when she said to get to bed early. As you shuffle to get dressed, you notice all your gear and the supplies you requested were neatly packed at the foot of your bed. A quick look shows your wallets are a bit fatter (for those who didn't blow all of their advance) and a bit lighter (for those who did). Byron gather's the boys and Sabrina the girls, who lead you to the hanger bay. They shuffle you onto a small plane, not nearly as luxurious as the last one. A few rough seats and a storage compartment. The cabin was big enough to let your pokemon out, but not for a battle. Fighting in a pressurized steel cage thousands of feet above the ground with super-powered animals who can shoot electricity and fire from their bellies was never a good idea.

Another Time Skip!

The flight was uneventful, especially compared to the last one. In about 17 hours, you finally see land beneath you. You have arrived in Hoenn. The pilot tells you that your drop off point is coming up and to gear up. Five backpacks on hooks fall out of the cieling, one for each of you. You can see soot plumming out of Mt. Chimney in the distance and a clearing half way up which you assume is Lavaridge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Berries 1-20 are available but the spoil overtime, about a week. Shopping lists are still editable for costs. Camping gear costs ^500 a person, food costs for human's and mon are on the pad to take into account. Make a final list of shopping pre-departure and put it in your post. After that you'll have to go buy it in a Mart. Please don't post till your shopping list is finalized.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny goes through the motions of the day in his normal silence. His tendency to talk a lot the previous day was likely a side effect of the amount of excitement surrounding the events. He keeps his pokemon in their balls and manages to snooze a bit on the plane. When prompted he takes the backpack off the hook. Okay, two weeks ago I was trekking through Johto. Now I'm flying above Hoenn on a mission to cause hell. Life is complex.

He releases Echo and quickly connects with the Zubat. We're about to jump out of a plane. I'd like you to be around, it's been a while since I've flown through your wings. It's fun. How high up are we? I can't tell. Really high, you'll find out soon.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-09-09 at 07:43 PM.
    Games GMed

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan wakes up, checking over the supplies provided before nodding. When led onto the plane with the others, he goes over the plan in his head again, to make sure he's got it committed to memory. Over the course of the flight, he spends his time watching the clouds pass and occassionally conversing briefly with the others.

When the pilot announces the upcoming drop, Aidan looks at the parachutes for a moment before taking one and putting it on. Making sure he's got all of his gear, he nods, ready to drop with the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    Final shopping list is in previous post.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis wakes up as grumpy as ever. She grabs the berries she asked for, and packs away the rest of her supplies.

When they were above the drop off point, Ennis let's out Aire, her Swablu. 'Hey little darling. Look down there. Hoenn, back home. Race you down to the bottom.' The little bird swoops about and chirps in response. The air smelled so much fresher over here compared to the big cities. Even the ash filling her lungs was better than the big city pollution. 'So much better than Unova.'

Spoiler
    Show
    temp hair dye: 300, food for 3 small pokemon for 1 week: 525, 1 week of Ennis food (**** and booze and sweets): 350, 2 quick balls: 2000, survival gear: 500, 3 fresh water: 900, 3 lumlum juice: 1050, 3 rawst berries: 675, 3 super potions: 1050

Total: 7350

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The doctor sighs heavily, looking down at the distant ground as he shrugs on his backpack. "I really don't vant to do this," he mutters. "I am too old for this."

Spoiler
    Show
    Shopping list: Camping gear - 500, 1 week of person food - 350, 1 week of pokemon food - 700

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna strolled from her room to join the rest, surprised by the weight of her gear, but hoping she would have enough to get her through... well whatever this was, she kept her pokemon in their balls by her side, not willing to risk them should they be attacked again.

She stayed silent throughout the journey, ready to begin the adventure!

Spoiler
    Show
    Shopping list as above, plus camping gear (500) food for Tarna for a week (350) food for 3 small pokemon for a week (525)
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

One by one, each of you jump out of the plane and see your target. Or targets, rather. Lavaridge is still a few miles to the east, while a small flat clearing in the trees with a small campfire seems to be your landing zone. Everyone has no problem maneuvering to the landing zone, the parachutes were very user friendly. Ennis, however, enjoyed the thrill of free fall a bit too much and only from the pleading of Aire does she engage her parachute. She lands a bit hard, making her rump sore.

A quick survey shows that no one is in the clearing, just the small signal fire that could be put out with a quick stamping. You can still see the ambient light from the resort town over the thicket of trees.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

That was fun. You didn't fly, you fell slowly. Can't catch prey like that. Still, it's not always about prey. What else is there? We fly to catch and eat prey. We eat prey to fly. We fight and become stronger so we can eat bigger prey! During this mental conversation of the philosophical reason why one flies, Donny packs up the parachute back into it's bag. One by one the others land, too. Like that blue thing! With the white stuff, that looks like prey! Don't. We need those friends. Together we take down bigger prey. Like a pack? Like a pack. We have a strange pack. Trust me, Echo. I know that.

The Zubat flies lazily around his head in slow circles during the conversation. Once everyone else seemed to be okay, Donny asked, "Should we go into town? I don't think I could sleep if I tried right now."
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-09-11 at 11:28 AM.
    Games GMed

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Vell. That vent better than I expected," the doctor admits, standing up and brushing himself off. "It vas actually kind of fun."

He shakes his head as if clearing it, and when he speaks again, his voice has lost the note of excitement it had had a moment before. "Maybe ve should start looking for firestarters. After all, our plan depends on us catching one."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna nodded to the doctor's suggestion: "We don't want to waste any time, the longer we're here, the more likely that something bad happens." Though based on their adventures so far, that really could be just about anything.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

'Well, I'm heading off into the town' said Ennis, rubbing her sore butt. 'I'll ask about any information on Groudon, as well as any new news since the declaration of war from Bruno. Maybe try and pick up a flute too. If I remember my news, the Gym Leader here is a Leaguer, so I'll keep my head low. Anybody want to come too? If not, I can manage by myself.' Aire was swooping about and flying round Ennis's head, still happy with the flight down.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"I'll go with you. But I really think we should all go to town, it's pretty late out and we can start fresh in the morning," Donny says to the red haired woman. His shoulder twitched a little at the sight of the signal fire, catching a fire type pokemon was still beyond him.
    Games GMed

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

"Perhaps we should stick round here and set up camp. If you still want to go, then some of us should stay and maybe scout out the surrounding landscape."

Tarna knew she wasn't a people-person, so any information gathering should probably be left to the others, she also didn't want to stop in a town that had a pro-league leader, not so soon after they'd been declared enemies.
    War she thought, shuddering, never thought that would be something we'd have in our lifetimes. The dark thought solidified her caution, and set to scanning the area in case there was someone, or something out there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perceptions check?
    [roll]1d20-2[/roll]
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-09-11 at 05:18 PM.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding, Aidan says, "Yeah, heading into town would probably be a good thing. We can split up tomorrow, Ennis and Donny can see what they can learn about Groudon while the rest of us see about trying to catch a few fire-types. The decent ones will likely be asleep right now, anyway."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

As you discuss your next course of action, Donny and Ennis hear rustling in the bushes. Donny! I smell scaries!Suddenly, from all directions pops out four purple pokemon, sporting pointed ears, fangs, a barb'd tail and a membrane between it's limbs allowing it to float in the air (1m). Then hiss and look ready to pounce

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=”head”]#|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
    1|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T
    2|T|T|G3|||||G4|T|T
    3|T|||||||||T
    4|T|||Ec|DO|||||T
    5|T||||TA|||||T
    6|T||Ai|EM|Fi|VL||||T
    7|T||||AI|||||T
    8|T|||||||||T
    9|T|T|G1|||||G2|T|T
    10|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T[/table]
    Init:
    Trainers (Aidan, Tarna and Vlad can’t act round 1)
    Wilds
    Echo=Ec
    Aire=Ai
    T's are trees. Only Ennis, Donny, Echo and Aire can act this round. Fi is FIRE!
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-09-11 at 09:49 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I see them, Echo, Donny thinks to his Zubat. He quickly scans one with his Dex before tapping deeper into his channeled Pokemon. "I got this one," he says as he moves next to one and stabs with his knife. Echo, bite this one. Be bigger than him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Donny moves to 3C and attacks G3.
    Donny's Arms Attack:
    AC vs 6. (1d20)[6]
    Normal, Physical Damage: (1d10+10)[15]

Echo will move wherever needed to hit G3.
    Echo's Bite:
    AC vs 2. (1d20)[10] Flinch on 15-20.
    Dark, Physical Damage: (2d10+16)[32]

Echo: 40/40 HP, 5 Def, 5 SDef, 7 Spd.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-09-12 at 03:57 AM.
    Games GMed

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis chucks a pokeball at the hing in G2 in the off chance it could catch, while Aire rushes at G1 and Fury Attacks it.

Spoiler
    Show
    capture roll:
    (1d100+5)[97]

(1d20)[16], base 4
    (1d20)[8]
    (1d20)[3]
    (1d20)[16]
    (1d20)[19]
    until it misses
    (1d6+7)[13]
    (1d6+7)[10]
    (1d6+7)[9]
    (1d6+7)[11]
    (1d6+7)[9], normal physical

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=”head”]#|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
    1|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T
    2|T|T|G3|Ec|||||T|T
    3|T||DO|||||||T
    4|T||||G4|||||T
    5|T||||TA|||||T
    6|T|||EM|Fi|VL||||T
    7|T||||AI|G2||||T
    8|T||||G1|Ai||||T
    9|T|T|||||||T|T
    10|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T[/table]
    Init:
    Trainers
    Wilds
    Echo=Ec
    Aire=Ai
    T's are trees. Fi is FIRE!

Donny's knife bounces harmless off the pokemon's hide, as Ennis ball lands in the bushes behind Vlad (her aim was that bad). Hissing, the pokemon whip their tails, flinging poison barbs at you. G2 and G4 aim wildy, plunging barbs into the ground. G1 nails Aidan in the shoulder and G2 impales Donny on the sternum.

Echo retailiates against the pesky bat thing, chomping down onto his hard flesh, a screeech of pain indicating success. Aire flies to her target and pecks at him rapdily, though only the first 2 hit.

Vlad snaps out of his confusion and surprise and realizes that these are Gligar! (not that you didn't know).

Spoiler
    Show
    17 to Aidan
    18 to Donny
    Luckily, no poison. Trainers are up now, everyone can act. Need a Preception from Vlad and don't forget to post Spd and S/Def when you release your mon. Makes it much easier to access for me.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-09-12 at 09:45 AM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis pulls out 2 pokeballs, and chucks one at the one Donny had injured. Then she summons out Mar and holds onto him like a gun.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use my TA to chuck a ball, and my Shift to send out Mar

Capture roll: (1d100+5)[73]

Pokemon stats:

Aire: Speed: 1, Def: 11, SDef: 11
    Mar: Speed: 9, Def: 10, Sdef:5 (can't act this turn)

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna saw the flying creatures swarm around them, and tried to shield her face as a couple of the others made desperate efforts to attack them. Once she'd recovered from her surprise she grabbed the ball by her belt and released Setha (Nidoran) in a blaze of light, and at the same time spun around sinking a flashing knife into the creature before her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action release Setha (D5)
    Use Poison Jab. roll to hit (1d20)[2] AC 2 (15-20 poisons)
    Damage: (3d10+17)[46] (Posion, so resisted)

Also posting Setha's action for sake of speed.

"Setha use Shadow Claw"
    Tarna instructed.
    Setha darted forward, her claws suddenly distending and laced with shadowy force.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Setha Moves to F3.
    Roll to hit (1d20)[10] AC 2 (18-20 crits)
    Damage (3d8+21)[34] (Dark type)

Setha: HP 40, Speed 5, Sp Def 5, Def 8.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny strikes at his target again, ruthlessly persistent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Donny: 40/68
    Arms attack:
    AC vs 6, (1d20)[12]
    Normal, Physical Damage, (1d10+10)[19]
    Games GMed