New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Most of the DLC is best saved until you beat the game. I'd wait until then, and if you're still interested in the game buy it at that point.
    Especially considering that Gaige is one of the hardest characters in the game to play.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Banned

Personally I'm the type that picks one character and sticks with them. I never buy DLC characters because I know I'll never use them.

I guess if I found a character particularly interesting I might consider buying them to make my main character...but neither Gauge nor Krieg really interest me.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

I've played Gaige and Krieg, haven't played Maya or Zer0 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Wow, I'm going to need to use a spoiler box because I can't not sig this.
    I'm something of a wit!

Half of one.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

4. - Top - End - #874
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Especially considering that Gaige is one of the hardest characters in the game to play.
    I thought the objective during Gaige's development was that she was supposed to be the easy character? The one that someone who rarely plays videogames could do OK with?

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

Most of the DLC is best saved until you beat the game. I'd wait until then, and if you're still interested in the game buy it at that point.
    Yeah. I am slightly underwhelmed by the game, actually, so I'll wait for now.

Pros:
    Graphical design, Diablo With Guns, A lot of humor, of all kinds, pretty Meta.

Cons:
    Not good enough shooter mecanics to really warrant a FPS perspective, Gender locked (knew that one already), no true single player (biggest problem being the instant respawn of enemies and the inability to actually clear an area).

I am not very far, I just got to sanctuary fooled around a bit and got my golden key. I got very disappointed by those guns btw... The Golden Ticket Key gave me two purple weapons and neither of them are better than the white shotgun I am carrying that I found at level 6 (I am now level 12, I think). It almost feels like I wasted the key, but I know it is random stats and weapon types but they still seem subpar for the level I am at.

The hitboxes (on PC) are too large, it is very hard to aim with precision. It probably has to do with it being a console port (with all that means with artificial aiming aids etc). A crosshair would be a great help.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

6. - Top - End - #876
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    The hitboxes (on PC) are too large, it is very hard to aim with precision. It probably has to do with it being a console port (with all that means with artificial aiming aids etc). A crosshair would be a great help.
    Aroo? All my guns have crosshairs. Granted, the empty space in the center varies depending on the gun's accuracy, but there are still crosshairs.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I thought the objective during Gaige's development was that she was supposed to be the easy character? The one that someone who rarely plays videogames could do OK with?
    That was one of the stated intentions of her Best Friends Forever tree, yes -- early on, it makes poor aim and health/shield management less of a handicap, and (especially later in the tree) emphasizes "press [Action Skill] to win" gameplay. Gaige's "top-tier" or "endgame" builds, however, typically revolve around her Ordered Chaos tree and its finicky (but awesome) Anarchy mechanic ... which in turn ignores, subverts, or inverts half of what other FPSes and RPGs have long held as standard.

That said, I personally adapted to Anarchy's quirks rather quickly, and my Gaige is/has having/had an easier time of things than my (admittedly undergeared) Salvador.
    Last edited by Lunix Vandal; 2013-05-20 at 02:25 AM.
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

8. - Top - End - #878
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Knight View Post
    Aroo? All my guns have crosshairs. Granted, the empty space in the center varies depending on the gun's accuracy, but there are still crosshairs.
    Is it always there? I think I only see it if I aim with the right button.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

9. - Top - End - #879

BlackDragon

Is it always there? I think I only see it if I aim with the right button.
    It should definitely always be there, yes. There might be an option to turn it off? Can't remember, been a while since I played.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground

It should definitely always be there, yes. There might be an option to turn it off? Can't remember, been a while since I played.
    I might just be blind, too. That helps.

So, what build for a Siren who will most likely be 99,98% single player?

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

Well the middle tree won't be nearly as useful since the rez ability will be wasted. You also won't have a buddy to slag your enemies. The Ruin/Converge build ignores those problems.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

12. - Top - End - #882
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Okay my take on Krieg. I am doing a completely Melee build with him. The short timer is not as big of deal when you hit his final tree on Mania Tree line. Feed the Beast is plan nasty if you are not like me and accidently hit it right before you hit your 33% health.

You can almost stay it as long as you are taking damage. Going up that tree is a BEAR and a half. Don't expect to have a lot of money. But after you hit the Feed the Beast, he is just PLAN nasty. I was taking down Bad*** constructors in four hits with Melee. Normally it would take me 5 to ten minutes to take those suckers down.

Now I just need to see which tree helps him out the most with this kind of build.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

I might just be blind, too. That helps.

So, what build for a Siren who will most likely be 99,98% single player?
    Motion and Harmony. Harmony for healing, Motion for handling a lot of enemies at once. Harmony has a lot of nice Phaselock buffs in Tiers 1 and 2.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Banned

The game really only shines in co-op. Plus it probably doesn't help that you're playing the games closest thing to a support character in single player.

As for the purples...they're almost certainly better. A lot of guns have benefits that may not be immediately obvious on the stat sheet.

How do you struggle with constructors? They have a GIANT crit zone. Equip a sniper or shotgun, plop down in front of them, and kill them in 20 seconds.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2013-05-20 at 12:41 PM.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

The game really only shines in co-op. Plus it probably doesn't help that you're playing the games closest thing to a support character in single player.

As for the purples...they're almost certainly better. A lot of guns have benefits that may not be immediately obvious on the stat sheet.
    As far as I understand it it is possible to build her to make as much DPS (almost) as a gunzerker, if you want.

And I know, multiplayer... I have no friends that have the game on PC, and playing with strangers is something I do not want to do.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

I disagree. I've been having a hell of a lot of fun playing Krieg almost exclusively in single-player, just like I did for Maya, Gaige, and Salvador.

If you check the manufacturer, then you'll know the benefits immediately. If you know about Legendary weapon effects, there's another tick to knowing which gun is better.

Hyperion: never makes ARs; Guns become more accurate as you fire them.

Maliwan: never makes ARs or shotguns; Guns are always elemental, and have the highest elemental chance and DOT.

Torgue: never makes SMGs or SRs; all guns deal contact damage and explosive damage via gyrogets. If you only hit near an enemy, they'll take the explosive damage at a slight reduction based on where they are in the splash. Shotguns are still affected by the Bee, but only with the explosive splash.

Jakobs: never makes SMGs or Launchers; all guns have an extremely high rate of fire, and are semi-automatic. This means trigger spam is encouraged.

Vladof: never makes SMGs or SRs; all guns have an extremely high rate of fire, and are fully automatic. This is offset by low accuracy and generally small magazines for the massive clip size. Launchers tend to fire less ammo per shot, which means they fire 2/3rds of a rocket instead of 1. Spinigun barrels are not exclusive to Vladof, but it is the Vladof barrel for assault rifles. They will benefit from it.

Bandit: never makes SRs; most guns by Bandits are low-damage, low-accuracy, low-ROF, extremely-high-magazine weapons. The Orks called, the Bandits answered.

How do you struggle with constructors? They have a GIANT crit zone. Equip a sniper or shotgun, plop down in front of them, and kill them in 20 seconds.
    Well, they're armored, have an insane amount of HP, on higher difficulties, deal a lot more damage than normal (as in, a lot more than normal mode), and have a rather small crit zone (it's not that big) that also shoots really powerful laser beams if you get close. The jump attack is nothing to shake a stick at, either.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Banned

I don't know why you would assume that I haven't played on higher difficulties. Maybe it's because I generally play as Zero with all the crit damage increase, but I find them to be one of the easiest enemies. I don't see how you can say they have a small crit zone. Literally about a fourth of their body is vulnerable to crits if you're attacking from the front.

I just run straight at them. I'll generally get knocked down into fight for your life mode, but they go down before it runs out, and I get my second wind. Much easier than sitting back plinking at them and dealing with all their spawns.

Also, I never said that it was impossible to have fun in single player...it's simply a fact that the game is made primarily to be played in co-op. I'm sure the developers of the game would tell you the very same thing.

On manufacturers: What you're saying is generally true, but there are many guns even outside of the rare and red text ones that are more than they appear simply from the label.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2013-05-20 at 03:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Troll in the Playground

On manufacturers: What you're saying is generally true, but there are many guns even outside of the rare and red text ones that are more than they appear simply from the label.
    I don't think that's true. Can you cite something?

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd say regular constructors have very generous crits areas. The more advanced ones, like the Jet or Angel ones, are much harder. Even with 60+ anarchy, my Mechromancer can still consistently hit constructor with crits and take those limbs off.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ObadiahtheSlim View Post
    I'd say regular constructors have very generous crits areas. The more advanced ones, like the Jet or Angel ones, are much harder. Even with 60+ anarchy, my Mechromancer can still consistently hit constructor with crits and take those limbs off.
    Those are Loaders. Constructors are the big, quadrupedal machines that spawn Loaders and shoot laser beams. The Badass Constructors are even bigger than that.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Banned

I don't think that's true. Can you cite something?
    What I mean is that some guns will do things you wouldn't expect just from the stat sheet. It's been a while since I've played, but I may go load the game up in a bit to see if I can find you a specific example.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2013-05-20 at 03:32 PM.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

Those are Loaders. Constructors are the big, quadrupedal machines that spawn Loaders and shoot laser beams. The Badass Constructors are even bigger than that.
    Right I derped there for a sec. Constructors have that giant red crit zone on the front of them. They are pretty easy to kill if you have good LOS and some cover for when your shields are down. Badass ones can be annoying because of their high HP.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone playing on sundays European time?

24. - Top - End - #894
    Troll in the Playground

You left Dahl off your manufacturer list.

They don't make launchers or shotguns. Burst fire when aiming. (Based off memory, so subject to possible inaccuracy.) Under no circumstances should Zer0 ever even consider equipping a Dahl sniper rifle - they're terrible for any character, but particularly bad for him.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Troll in the Playground

And Tediore. I was just trying to make a point (they don't make ARs or SRs, and reload by throwing a full mag at an enemy for an explosive finish).

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

I wish Atlas was still around as a manufacturer. They had some pretty nice gear.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

27. - Top - End - #897

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I wish Atlas was still around as a manufacturer. They had some pretty nice gear.
    Which is probably why they're not around anymore--as a general rule, unless you were going for some extremely specialised build, Atlas were always the best guns to have in B1, which kind of made all the other manufacturers redundant. You get a genuine choice in B2 (though I still have no idea why Hyperion even bother manufacturing sniper rifles, with their massive aim penalty on the first shot!).

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

Atlas were always the worst guns to have in B1
    FTFY. I don't think I ever found an Atlas gun that didn't have a massive negative recoil reduction and worse stats overall than an equivalent Dahl or Torgue.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

I tried the purple weapons last night and they were, at least against skags, worse than the "white" Torge shotgun I got several levels earlier.

Of course since I have to get close to use my power, a shotgun is more useful anyway.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Troll in the Playground

You get a genuine choice in B2 (though I still have no idea why Hyperion even bother manufacturing sniper rifles, with their massive aim penalty on the first shot!).
    Because if you've got a steady hand, those first shots are tough, and the rest are dead-on with no sway at all. It makes a Sniper-spec Zer0 incredibly dangerous.