New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1472

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    Ah, my playthrough was on my level 30-ish Commando, so I didn't have access to the seraph shop. Might be enough of a temptation to play it through with my UVHM Siren who has quite a stock of crystals built up.

What are the chances of her dropping gem guns, though? This isn't a rhetorical question, I'd quite like to know.
    WHOA! WHOA! Get the edited text out of your quote! I whited the text so it wouldn't be a clunky spoiler!

As for the chances of dropping guns, there's someone on /r/borderlands running a crowdsourced test on that right now.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    WHOA! WHOA! Get the edited text out of your quote! I whited the text so it wouldn't be a clunky spoiler!

As for the chances of dropping guns, there's someone on /r/borderlands running a crowdsourced test on that right now.
    Oops, fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    Oops, fixed.
    *Phew* Saved us from spoiling a big spoiler.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Okay this only for the people that have completed the Tins' DLC.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay how awesome is that the Diamond Coated Butt Stallion that you give her five eridium to get a gun out of her butt!

You have to love the crazy old Tina. Makes me itch to actually play a RPG with a crazy DM.

Next time I play through I am going to count the all the references to popular culture geeky stuff.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wagadodo View Post
    Okay this only for the people that have completed the Tins' DLC.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay how awesome is that the Diamond Coated Butt Stallion that you give her five eridium to get a gun out of her butt!

You have to love the crazy old Tina. Makes me itch to actually play a RPG with a crazy DM.

Next time I play through I am going to count the all the references to popular culture geeky stuff.
    yeah, bunkers and badasses is awesome!

Spoiler
    Show
    As for the references, I stopped counting hte individual and instead counted the referenced works: Dnd, obviously, Game of Thrones, Downton Abby, and a lot mroe (can't remember them all, but you can bet on just about every fantasy trope out there)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

Dark Souls, a particularly obscure joke referring to an old sketch-comedy show, Warhammer, etc.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    yeah, bunkers and badasses is awesome!

Spoiler
    Show
    As for the references, I stopped counting hte individual and instead counted the referenced works: Dnd, obviously, Game of Thrones, Downton Abby, and a lot mroe (can't remember them all, but you can bet on just about every fantasy trope out there)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dwarf Fortress
    Last edited by Artanis; 2013-06-30 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

OK, completed the Tiny Tina DLC--was fun, but not fun enough to draw me back into playing the game now it's over. I'm really hoping that in B3 they get rid of the ridiculous bullet sponge enemies and maybe up the loot drop rate again--unlike B2, it's definitely not on my "must buy" list!

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    OK, completed the Tiny Tina DLC--was fun, but not fun enough to draw me back into playing the game now it's over. I'm really hoping that in B3 they get rid of the ridiculous bullet sponge enemies and maybe up the loot drop rate again--unlike B2, it's definitely not on my "must buy" list!
    My loot drops in the new DLC have been abysmal. I spent most of the DLC using guns I brought in with me, and I still haven't found something to best the corrosive level 44 Hot Kitten I got from Torgue's DLC and that was 6 levels ago! I agree with the bullet spong enemies. They can die in a fire. If that's the best way the developers can add "challenge" to a game, then they need to go back to game design school. I hate that kind of artificial difficulty. It ranks right below that frickin' Blue Shell from Mario Kart.
    JediSoth
    Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D

"The quality of our legacy is measured in the lives we touch."

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Troll in the Playground

while I hate the bulletsponge as well, I loved the blue shell, I used to freak my roommates out when using it and winning on babyoval in double dash
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

Do the Skeletons even have a elemental weakness? Because I could have sworn I've seen the Resist! message when they are hit with Fire, Shock is useless due to almost no one in the DLC having shields at all, but Corrosive doesn't seem to deal any extra damage.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Do the Skeletons even have a elemental weakness? Because I could have sworn I've seen the Resist! message when they are hit with Fire, Shock is useless due to almost no one in the DLC having shields at all, but Corrosive doesn't seem to deal any extra damage.
    No weakness, but if you bump off their noggin, they'll wander around confused and slowed. On the other hand, Treants seem to suffer critical hits regardless of where you shoot them and with what. Fire does do bonus damage, of course.

So far, trying to get a character to level 62 has been an exercise in nearly absolute futility. The only bosses that haven't required some amount of cheese have been Knuckledragger and Boom Bewm. Flint was dealt with by getting him to stand on those metal beams and plinking away at his shields from the bottom of the spire, while another player ran back and forth getting rockets to blow chunks from his health bar. Took around 20 minutes of constant damage from level-appropriate (52) gear to take him down.

God knows how long it would have taken if we'd tried to fight him in his arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Bugbear in the Playground

Explosive wrecks the crystal ones. I'm not sure about the rest. Slag + anything seems to be pretty effective against most enemies and I've almost finished the entire thing using my corosive SMG as my primary.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Are there any more DLCs coming out for Borderlands 2? I want to pick this up, but I also want to wait for everything so I can play it all together. i.e. - I much perfer to buy the GOTY Edition over piecemeal.
    Last edited by Sharoth; 2013-07-01 at 01:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Banned

I love the infinity.

I got Patriot's Infinity (with a bayonet) as a lucky level 6 drop with Zer0. It never got any more accurate (not actually true, but whatevs) so I have it to a friend who was playing Krieg. I then switched back to the Siren because Zer0 plays better solo for me. And when I got restoration (or the skill where shooting heals allies) I got Patriot's infinity back.

I got another at level 23, and the damage boost was great! Suddenly I was healing 144 instead of 22 with each shot (great because the spread is atrocious; it's a lemniscate) and we managed some neat victories with that because ne'er having to reload is fantabulous.

Well, now I found a friend who was selling some! "Here," he said, "I don't ever use these" and now I've got some level appropriate Infinity guns with Acid and Fire elemental effects! Really made things easier too, because I got them and the slag orb at the same time. I enjoy the qualitative shift in what I can accomplish, now.

I think every ten levels or so I will fish for additional Infinity weapons.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love the infinity.

I got Patriot's Infinity (with a bayonet) as a lucky level 6 drop with Zer0. It never got any more accurate (not actually true, but whatevs) so I have it to a friend who was playing Krieg. I then switched back to the Siren because Zer0 plays better solo for me. And when I got restoration (or the skill where shooting heals allies) I got Patriot's infinity back.

I got another at level 23, and the damage boost was great! Suddenly I was healing 144 instead of 22 with each shot (great because the spread is atrocious; it's a lemniscate) and we managed some neat victories with that because ne'er having to reload is fantabulous.
    The Infinity pairs up really well with Zer0 if you get 0ne sh0t, 0ne Kill skill. You'll constantly fire with the the bonus, all the time. Get Tw0 Fang and it is GLORIOUS.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I think every ten levels or so I will fish for additional Infinity weapons.
    Well, first of all, Doc Mercy is glitched. The chance of him dropping an Infinity is so stupidly low (it's close to a millionth of a percent; I couldn't joke about this), that it's absolutely not worth going to the trouble.

Besides, he'll always be level 8 in Normal Mode, and level 36 in TVHM. Only in UVHM do enemies always scale to your level.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I never really understand why Tuesday is the normal release days in the States--it doesn't give people who *work* a chance to have a good go at them! The Friday releases that are more usual in the UK and Europe are much better, because people who work during the week but have the weekends off can really play the heck out of them. (I think my record was staying up till 2.30am on Saturday morning playing Might and Magic VII).

For that reason I haven't had much of a chance to play the DLC myself--got it started off last night, and even the couple of hours I've played of it with my level 31 Anarchy Mechromancer suggests it's the best yet.
    Tuesday is typically the release date in the United States for box purchases because of shipping concerns. Most things can be guaranteed to arrive by Monday, whether by freight or mail, so Tuesday has been the default release date for physical copies of DVDs, CDs, computer software and video games.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, damn. There's so many good uses for Eridium in the new DLC that I realized I should farm up some more before I need it. So I went to fight Terramorphous for the first time in a while, with my new and massively improved gear... and I couldn't take off more than 10% of his HP before I went down, when I used to be able to kill him before he went underground the third time, even after the Bee nerfs.

Then I tried taking on Pete the Invincible, who I used to be able to kill with characters who were underleveled. By the time I got his shield down, it had taken so much time that the rats were spawning at +10 levels.

What the heck did they change that much in the couple of months I wasn't playing? Since I've never had the slightest bit of success at getting people to play with, I've got a problem if there's something I can't solo...
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Well, first of all, Doc Mercy is glitched. The chance of him dropping an Infinity is so stupidly low (it's close to a millionth of a percent; I couldn't joke about this), that it's absolutely not worth going to the trouble.

Besides, he'll always be level 8 in Normal Mode, and level 36 in TVHM. Only in UVHM do enemies always scale to your level.
    Well crap, now I feel insanely lucky for getting one of those on my 2nd playthrough.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    The Infinity pairs up really well with Zer0 if you get 0ne sh0t, 0ne Kill skill. You'll constantly fire with the the bonus, all the time. Get Tw0 Fang and it is GLORIOUS.
    So I've heard! My Zer0 is getting up there slowly, so I'll probably pass on one of them when I get him higher.

Wow. So my first play through, before anything else, I got a 1/100,000,000 shot drop?

Bein ginger is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Well crap, now I feel insanely lucky for getting one of those on my 2nd playthrough.
    I know, right?

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Barbarian in the Playground

This only applies to T/UVHM. His drop table in Normal mode isn't glitched.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    This only applies to T/UVHM. His drop table in Normal mode isn't glitched.
    Not that it'll matter. He'll always be level 8 on Normal mode.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Orc in the Playground

Besides, he'll always be [...] level 36 in TVHM. Only in UVHM do enemies always scale to your level.
    Not quite -- after finishing Talon of God in TVHM, Mercy will scale to the player's level, to a maximum of 50. Still isn't worth farming Infinities off of him, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Well, damn. There's so many good uses for Eridium in the new DLC that I realized I should farm up some more before I need it.
    In my experience, Eridium drops are (even more) plentiful in T/UVHM Tina's, specifically because of how many uses there are for it. I actually had more drop during the first part of the main questline than I could spend opening every 5E chest I ran across -- didn't need ammo shrines due to how much was in the pots, and offense/defense shrines are generally moot when you're waving around an Unkempt Harold.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    What the heck did they change that much in the couple of months I wasn't playing? Since I've never had the slightest bit of success at getting people to play with, I've got a problem if there's something I can't solo...
    I have a sneaking suspicion that some of the UVHM balance changes (read: more bulletsponging) have leaked their way into TVHM over the last few months, or at least into the raid boss fights. The January and UVHM updates also closed a pair of massive-damage exploits, if you happened to be using them -- January fixed dual-wielding rocket launchers with a Torgue main-hand gun, UVHM closed the Evil Smasher glitch.

For Terra specifically, check the last few pages -- there's a post that shows the "safe spot" in his arena. For Pete, try using the other faucet when you get burned -- I find the spiderants that it spawns are (much) easier to deal with than the rats (not least since they lack shields and a ranged attack).
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lunix Vandal View Post
    Not quite -- after finishing Talon of God in TVHM, Mercy will scale to the player's level, to a maximum of 50. Still isn't worth farming Infinities off of him, though.
    Like I said. 1:1,000,000.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

So, this happened.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

27. - Top - End - #1107

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Please tell me you kept it like that
    I thought about it, but didn't want my teammates to shoot at me the whole time.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Troll in the Playground

That happened for me with Krieg, too.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright...so I was able to gnab the Lightning and Chain Lightning grenade mods from the new DLC...but I want, not I need all the spell mods. Where's a good place to kill a bunch of sorcerers to try and get Magic Missile, Fireball, and Fire Storm?

...Also, and this is spoilery,

Spoiler
    Show
    How/when do you encounter Butt Stallion? Is it part of the main quest/storyline or is there a side-quest for it that I just haven't seen yet? For the record, I'm at the part where you first get into the Pit of Infinite Agony and I'm trying to find the Handsome Sorcerer's prisoner.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."