New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1472

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #1111
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Alright...so I was able to gnab the Lightning and Chain Lightning grenade mods from the new DLC...but I want, not I need all the spell mods. Where's a good place to kill a bunch of sorcerers to try and get Magic Missile, Fireball, and Fire Storm?
    The climb to the top of the castle is relatively populated, especially in the grand hall, just before the bridge.

Spoiler
    Show
    How/when do you encounter Butt Stallion? Is it part of the main quest/storyline or is there a side-quest for it that I just haven't seen yet? For the record, I'm at the part where you first get into the Pit of Infinite Agony and I'm trying to find the Handsome Sorcerer's prisoner.
    You have to beat the HS. You'll understand why.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alright...so I was able to gnab the Lightning and Chain Lightning grenade mods from the new DLC...but I want, not I need all the spell mods. Where's a good place to kill a bunch of sorcerers to try and get Magic Missile, Fireball, and Fire Storm?
    The run-up to the final boss in Dragon Keep has a guaranteed Badass Fire Mage spawn, so you can get the Fireball and Fire Storm there.

Badass Wizards drop Magic Missiles, but I don't remember where they spawn other than the Circle of Slaughter.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

In Murderlin's arena, they drop so many I couldn't pick them all up after a round. I need backup beating the Badass round so I can try for the Ogre, if you want to come along and loot a ton of grenade mods, just say when you're available.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    In Murderlin's arena, they drop so many I couldn't pick them all up after a round. I need backup beating the Badass round so I can try for the Ogre, if you want to come along and loot a ton of grenade mods, just say when you're available.
    I'm always up for a bit of BL2 UVHM'ing, either early or late. I can also do late-game normal and TVHM runs, and mid-game normal runs.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Banned

We are both in the 35~ level range right now, so may not be much use.

Lightning bolt is awesome. Takes me back to my LARP days; animu, inaccurate, and insanely powerful if you hit something.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Lightning bolt is awesome. Takes me back to my LARP days; animu, inaccurate, and insanely powerful if you hit something.
    It's not inaccurate, though! It's even faster than a longbow grenade! You point, press "G", and suddenly your enemy has eaten 110k damage.

7. - Top - End - #1117

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    No weakness, but if you bump off their noggin, they'll wander around confused and slowed. On the other hand, Treants seem to suffer critical hits regardless of where you shoot them and with what. Fire does do bonus damage, of course.

So far, trying to get a character to level 62 has been an exercise in nearly absolute futility. The only bosses that haven't required some amount of cheese have been Knuckledragger and Boom Bewm. Flint was dealt with by getting him to stand on those metal beams and plinking away at his shields from the bottom of the spire, while another player ran back and forth getting rockets to blow chunks from his health bar. Took around 20 minutes of constant damage from level-appropriate (52) gear to take him down.

God knows how long it would have taken if we'd tried to fight him in his arena.
    Personally, I've almost managed to kill him solo, but then I seem to have acquired a ridiculously broken level 50 shotgun, 40300 x 3 damage, 2 shots and fires as fast as you can pull the trigger.

My problem though is that I don't have anyone to take the focus off of me, so I die ridiculously fast. I just get downed until my FFYL lasts two seconds.
    Fantastic avatar by Akrim.elf.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    I'm always up for a bit of BL2 UVHM'ing, either early or late. I can also do late-game normal and TVHM runs, and mid-game normal runs.
    My highest is 53, since I don't play co-op enough to get anywhere in UVHM. That said, I wouldn't mind at all if a level 61 assisted me in killing King of Orcs, considering I haven't been able to get far enough through the round to get him to spawn yet.
    =====

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I recently beat the game's normal mode for the first time.
    Jack was an absolute pushover, to the point where I'm pretty sure I did something wrong and/or brilliant.
    I dropped my nuke-turret next to him the moment the fight started, and drilled a round into his noggin and a couple more into his chest and then the cutscene triggered.

The Warrior pretty much threw me into the lava right away and I couldn't get out in time, though. Which ended up being okay because I found a couple of outcroppings of cover could hide behind and just put bullets into him to my heart's content until his health finally dropped down to zero.

Underwhelming final boss fights! Go!
    I'm having more trouble in Liar's Berg during playthrough 2.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos 51-50 View Post
    Jack was an absolute pushover, to the point where I'm pretty sure I did something wrong and/or brilliant.
    That's because normal mode is pretty darned easy, all told. It's not until TVHM that the thumbscrews really start to tighten. (Having said that, it *is* a bit strange that Jack and the Warrior are easier to defeat than, say, a Badass Constructor...).

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Banned

It's not inaccurate, though! It's even faster than a longbow grenade! You point, press "G", and suddenly your enemy has eaten 110k damage.
    My problem is that I scope in to aim it, and the delay between dropping scope and delivering the charge usually involves some camera motion on my part, ruining my aim. I've gotten better since that post.

I've also gotten magic missile, making it moot.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    That's because normal mode is pretty darned easy, all told. It's not until TVHM that the thumbscrews really start to tighten. (Having said that, it *is* a bit strange that Jack and the Warrior are easier to defeat than, say, a Badass Constructor...).
    Normal is also not level-scaled, right?

Although I had no trouble with constructors. Hell, Jack's entire half of the game, involving robots, was cake. Just constant spraying of acid rounds everywhere and eventually launching slag orbs to make it go quicker. The Warrior probably would have been easier, but I had a team mate tell me he was weak against fire, so I used fire rounds... Until the last quarter of his health, when I switched to acid and BOOM no more warrior.

12. - Top - End - #1122

BlackDragon

Although I had no trouble with constructors.
    Normal constructors, I'd agree, but Badass ones are vicious even in normal difficulty; in TVHM they're insane!

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

I have an absurdly bad streak of luck when it comes to legendary items. Even at a drop rate of 1% I should have run into 2 or 3 of them with each of my characters (since I've looted a few hundred weapons and probably a good number of other things as well) and yet the only orange item I've ever seen is the shield you get from Lilith.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Normal is also not level-scaled, right?
    Things dont propperly scale until UVHM.

15. - Top - End - #1125

Normal constructors, I'd agree, but Badass ones are vicious even in normal difficulty; in TVHM they're insane!
    Constructors and Badass Constructors in UVHM have earned my undying hatred. Even with a Twin Hornet it takes forever to get them down due to being immune to slagging effects. Whoever thought it was a good idea to multiply the healths of enemies who are immune to being slagged?

Same goes with that one set of bosses in the new DLC. Immunity to slagging made one heck of a tedious boss fight.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    I have an absurdly bad streak of luck when it comes to legendary items. Even at a drop rate of 1% I should have run into 2 or 3 of them with each of my characters (since I've looted a few hundred weapons and probably a good number of other things as well) and yet the only orange item I've ever seen is the shield you get from Lilith.
    I'm pretty sure the drop rate is significantly lower than 1% - except for bosses, which generally have a boosted chance to drop one specific legendary (or several specific legendaries, in the case of the Warrior, Terramorphous, and similarly major bosses).
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

17. - Top - End - #1127

Speaking of Terramorphous, anyone up for killing him and maybe more? I haven't really gotten around to doing much of the four man content as I keep forgetting to join random groups (that and I'm not particularly keen on just jumping in to a random game).

I'm going to be available from somewhere around 10 AM GMT +10 tomorrow (so about 29 hours from now). Hit me up on steam if you want to give it a go, I'm Arcane_Snowman.

Whoops: I've currently got a level 52 Assassin for the job, so it'll likely have to be True Vault Hunter Mode.
    Last edited by Arcane_Snowman; 2013-07-04 at 02:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos 51-50 View Post
    I dropped my nuke-turret next to him the moment the fight started, and drilled a round into his noggin and a couple more into his chest and then the cutscene triggered.

The Warrior pretty much threw me into the lava right away and I couldn't get out in time, though. Which ended up being okay because I found a couple of outcroppings of cover could hide behind and just put bullets into him to my heart's content until his health finally dropped down to zero.

Underwhelming final boss fights! Go!
    I'm having more trouble in Liar's Berg during playthrough 2.
    well, to be honest, I had a Zer0 and had quite some trouble with both (focusing more on few shots+some time to aim undisturbed->kill with him) since it was tanky. I needed the back to the exit wall glitch to kill him (that and an insane amount of ammo). It depends on classes i guess. then again, with Gaige I had the easiest time ever, I mean ZOMG dmg and a crit hitbox the size of antarctica do really make it easy. Btw, overlvld gaige (42) in Tiny Tina's is insanely fun, hit 48 stacks on my deathtrap and then there were no more enemies in the stronghold...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Snowman View Post
    Speaking of Terramorphous, anyone up for killing him and maybe more? I haven't really gotten around to doing much of the four man content as I keep forgetting to join random groups (that and I'm not particularly keen on just jumping in to a random game).
    I seriously need people to play with so I can take down the major bosses. I haven't killed Vermivorous once since I got the game. I'm on Steam pretty much all the time, and my highest characters are Sal at 53, Axton at 50 and Gaige at 43.
    =====

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

I seriously need people to play with so I can take down the major bosses. I haven't killed Vermivorous once since I got the game. I'm on Steam pretty much all the time, and my highest characters are Sal at 53, Axton at 50 and Gaige at 43.
    Since everyone's doing it, I have a lvl 55 Zer0, lvl 30 Axton, and a lvl 20 Maya. As a bonus, Maya is currently running the Harmony tree, so free heals for early-midstory.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

21. - Top - End - #1131

With Vermivorous, a big part of the problem is just getting him to spawn in the first place. It's such a ridiculously finicky, long, and random process that I am not ashamed at all to admit that I resorted to a third party cheat to do it.

Taking him down without further cheating once spawned proved quite a difficult enough challenge, and that was with a high level Bee on a high rate of fire gun and shamelessly exploiting the most abusive cover I could find in the available terrain.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been with one group that spawned him. However, we weren't trying to do it, and Verm was 6 levels above us when he appeared. We gave up after we were all broke from respawning, and Verm was still at 90% HP.
    =====

23. - Top - End - #1133

I've been with one group that spawned him. However, we weren't trying to do it, and Verm was 6 levels above us when he appeared. We gave up after we were all broke from respawning, and Verm was still at 90% HP.
    Try it single player some time. Enemy health bars reset when you die, so you have to do it all from full hp without dying.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1134

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Try it single player some time. Enemy health bars reset when you die, so you have to do it all from full hp without dying.
    That reminds me of the time I tried to solo Dexiduous—got it down to 5% or so and ran out of ammo trying to hit those crit spots, then got killed through the wall of the lodge buying more ammo.

I was successful the second time, but damn.

25. - Top - End - #1135

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Enemy health bars reset when you die, so you have to do it all from full hp without dying.
    Which is *really, really* annoying. Torchlight 2 had the right idea--once the boss has spawned he keeps the same hit point total, so if you're playing it single player and are struggling, hit and run tactics are a viable option, as is the repeated corpse-run. I mean, I *know* the developers intended both Borderlands games to be a multi-player experience, but at least a small nod of the head to the fact there are people who prefer to play solo would have been nice.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

Which is *really, really* annoying. Torchlight 2 had the right idea--once the boss has spawned he keeps the same hit point total, so if you're playing it single player and are struggling, hit and run tactics are a viable option, as is the repeated corpse-run. I mean, I *know* the developers intended both Borderlands games to be a multi-player experience, but at least a small nod of the head to the fact there are people who prefer to play solo would have been nice.
    They do it so an underleveled player doesn't rush through everything and beat a level 30 while level 20. It makes perfect sense.

27. - Top - End - #1137

BlackDragon

They do it so an underleveled player doesn't rush through everything and beat a level 30 while level 20. It makes perfect sense.
    If a level 20 player has the inhuman levels of patience it would take to kill a level 30 boss via hit-and-run or corpse-run tactics, let them do it, I say. Spending 20 hours killing one boss isn't my idea of fun so it's certainly not something *I* would do! (Either that, or make it like Diablo 2 where a level 20 character would barely be able to scratch a level 30 boss, much less kill it).

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Troll in the Playground

If a level 20 player has the inhuman levels of patience it would take to kill a level 30 boss via hit-and-run or corpse-run tactics, let them do it, I say. Spending 20 hours killing one boss isn't my idea of fun so it's certainly not something *I* would do! (Either that, or make it like Diablo 2 where a level 20 character would barely be able to scratch a level 30 boss, much less kill it).
    I disagree. It'd result in absurdly slow progression, and limit the player's enjoyment of the game. It'd also result in sequence breaking, which is exactly what every developer tries to avoid.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

I think you can barely scratch any enemy that's +10 levels above you as is.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

30. - Top - End - #1140

Okay, Terramorphous run is about to begin, if we can get the people, for those of you who wanted to join. Adding me to your contacts (see above, or search for Arcane_Snowman) or giving me yours would be most helpful.