New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1472

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #1351
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Congratulations--you've linked to a video that proves a sniper-focused Zer0 with around x4 critical damage can, in fact, one-shot robots using a type of damage they're particularly susceptible to. How about trying the same trick with a non-sniper focused character?
    would you also be disappointed to learn that a smg-focused siren doesn't do a lot of melee damage?

of course he's sniper-focused. if you want to do something well you need to focus your character around it. that's basic game knowledge. of course he's using an elemental type to which they're weak. that's basic game knowledge.

don't complain that the game is poorly designed if you don't care enough to use the tools that the games provides you. it's not the game's fault that you don't want to select good skills, equip good weapons, aim well, use elemental weaknesses, or apply slag.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, after trying out a variation of the Sniper/Cunning build, I have few notes:
    Crippling Overspecialization: To use the full potential of Critical Ascensi0n, it requires Zer0 to juggle between different sniper rifles. However, using sniper rifles exclusively makes many enemies that are either fast and or have small critical areas (Psychos, Skags, Angry Goliaths, etc.) will be difficult to deal with. Hyperion Scopes (scopes with the octagonal eye piece,) while have amazing zoom, makes hitting close targets difficult if they are constantly moving in and out of view. Another downside is that Sniper rifles are not the best weapon to use for giving yourself second wind. Sniper Stockpile relic is recommended, and maximized Sniper Ammo capacity from the Black Market is a must. In UVHM, Maliwan is the king, so keep a Fire, Corrosive, and Shock Rifles handy. Slag is also a big plus.
    Difficult But Awesome: Once Zer0 builds up stacks, he can wreck enemies. In the previously posted video, Fiber used a ridiculously underleveled Vladof Sniper to build up stacks on an isolated foe, before finishing off with an appropriate Maliwan Snider. I substituted with a White lvl 61 Dahl, which worked well for getting 5-10 stacks, but ironically also killed enemies too quickly. As previously stated, not all foes are lumbering as a Loader, or a Raid Boss, so learning how to fire from the hip with a sniper rifle is also recommended. Luckily, At 0ne with the Gun helps, with a maximized +125% hip shot accuracy. Also thanks to A0wtG and Fast Hands, you shouldn't be losing stacks from switching between rifles and reloading.
    Last edited by Geno9999; 2013-09-01 at 07:14 PM.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Banned

The video shows that you can snipe effectively...as long as you're able to stack critical ascension 80 times, and you're up against one of the few enemies in the game who have giant crit spots, low health pools, and slow, predictable movement patterns. The fact is that the vast majority of the enemies in the game are not loaders who will stand perfectly still and let you crit them 80 times in a row without moving.

Maintaining critical ascension stacks against loaders is easy. I'd like to see you do it against stalkers, or even some of the more mobile humanoid enemies like rats.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2013-09-02 at 01:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    would you also be disappointed to learn that a smg-focused siren doesn't do a lot of melee damage?
    OK, I worded my complaint badly. I believe that a sniper rifle headshot *should* be able to take down a common or garden mook, even at higher difficulties. Sniper-focused character would be able to take down better enemies, that's all. This is how the first game worked, and it worked rather well, so why did they change it? After all, it's not like sniping is particularly useful after the first kill because everyone and their dog is then returning fire, making it somewhat tricky to line up for the second shot (especially in higher difficulties where the enemies will pretty much wipe you out in two hits).

As for the video, I echo Anteros' comment above, with the addition that the chap running the video specifically chose an area with a very high density of mooks and which has very few hiding places to do his demo. What if he was trying that in a place where he couldn't so easily make the kill every few seconds to maintain his super-high CA? For example, Lynchwood, where enemies have a habit of avoiding your fire and even hiding behind things, and where non-mook enemies like Bruisers are quite common?

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    It's very effective in the right circumstances. He has an off-element vladof sniper to rack up crits for Ascensi0n, he's in an area populated by a single enemy type so he can stack his gear towards their weakness, he's fighting slow-moving foes with large critical spots and predictable spawn locations... I could go on. I don't think sniping is ineffective, but that video is set in a very controlled environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

OK, I worded my complaint badly. I believe that a sniper rifle headshot *should* be able to take down a common or garden mook, even at higher difficulties. Sniper-focused character would be able to take down better enemies, that's all. This is how the first game worked, and it worked rather well, so why did they change it? After all, it's not like sniping is particularly useful after the first kill because everyone and their dog is then returning fire, making it somewhat tricky to line up for the second shot (especially in higher difficulties where the enemies will pretty much wipe you out in two hits).
    Get yourself that nice pearlescent sniper and a Bee shield and you can one shot a good variety of mooks.

R.I.P Zz'dtri. You'll always be the best the LG ever had in my opinion. 'Tis a shame you weren't defeated by V in an epic battle of wizards.

7. - Top - End - #1357

BlackDragon

Which just comes back to the only way of doing well in B2 is to grind like crazy or cheat yourself weapons...

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

Which just comes back to the only way of doing well in B2 is to grind like crazy or cheat yourself weapons...
    That seems fine for the hardest difficulty to need effort, and the end game of this sort of game is always grinding.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Barbarian in the Playground

I grinded my level 61 commando full legendary weapons, and while it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences, it wasn't too unbearable. Mainly due to the legendaries I farmed for:

The Slagga I got through Tector Hodunk, who is right at the start of the spawnpoint, and really quick to kill.
    The Hornet is likewise. I actually have two of them, as I was lucky to get a Twin Hornet from Knuckledragger really soon after the first 61 version of it (I currently have around 5 or 6 Hornets of various levels). It's a really good corrosive pistol that fires a 5-round burst with high damage.

And finally pretty much all the Torgue legendaries you can get. I did this through the Mr Torgue DLC, in Pyro Pete's bar. In normal or TVHM, the patrons of the bar cap at level 50, making grinding Torgue Tokens ridiculously quick, as you just grab the quest, kill the dudes and go back. Takes around 30 minutes for enough tokens to buy a legendary. I also boosted some of my friends to higher levels there, which allowed me to get even more of them. Thankfully, the Torgue Tokens are valid regardless of play mode, so I then just played the DLC on UVHM until I got to the first Torgue vending machine and bought the legendaries I wanted to. Level 61 Nukem, a Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold, and quite a few other goodies. It's easy, relatively quick, and you can get the legendary with the stats you want.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Bugbear in the Playground

On UVM it helps to have legendary weapons. But you don't need them, unless your build is especially item dependent, like the sniper one.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, today I have found one of the new legendary class mods made available by Raid on Digistruct Peak. Unfortunately it's a lvl 65 Legendary Catalyst class mod. Unfortunately, my Gaige is nowhere near that high of level to actually make use of it. But rather than simply selling it off or storing in until my Gaige can use it, I'm willing to put it up for trade:
    I'm looking for Legendary Killer or Hunter class mods for Zer0, preferably those at least lvl 61.
    You can find me here.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I picked up Borderlands 2 last night and I am enjoying it. IMHO Borderlands 1 was more fun. But this is also enjoyable.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground

Borderlands 2 starts off pretty slow, but if you're liking it from the start, just wait until you've got enough skill points for the insanity to truly begin...
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sharoth View Post
    I picked up Borderlands 2 last night and I am enjoying it. IMHO Borderlands 1 was more fun. But this is also enjoyable.
    Which Vault Hunter are you starting out with? Because the two DLC Vault Hunters (Gaige the Mechromancer, and Krieg the Psycho) have trees that revolve around mechanics that can be difficult to master.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Which Vault Hunter are you starting out with? Because the two DLC Vault Hunters (Gaige the Mechromancer, and Krieg the Psycho) have trees that revolve around mechanics that can be difficult to master.
    I'd recommend starting with Axton or Salvador, frankly. They're straightforward characters, but don't require any special builds to be effective. Give them the right specs, though, and they're a valuable ally.

Salvador is also completely overpowered.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am playing Maya on my X-Box 360 with Vanilla Borderlands 2 and no DLCs (for now). The thing that is slightly annoying is the lack of side quests.
    Last edited by Sharoth; 2013-09-30 at 07:02 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    I'd recommend starting with Axton or Salvador, frankly. They're straightforward characters, but don't require any special builds to be effective. Give them the right specs, though, and they're a valuable ally.

I will have to try them out later. Maya is fun, but she takes some getting used to. Also, how do I get more Eridium? It has been slightly frustrating that some things that I could just buy are now reliant on the supply of Eridium.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ettin in the Playground

I will have to try them out later. Maya is fun, but she takes some getting used to. Also, how do I get more Eridium? It has been slightly frustrating that some things that I could just buy are now reliant on the supply of Eridium.
    Just keep moving through the game, and soon enough you'll have more Eridium than you know what to do with.

Also, the Tiny Tina DLC has Eridium coming out its ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

Side quests will show up more often in Sanctuary after major story chapters, there's enough of them that running the majority you're given will keep you overleveled for the entire game.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Just keep moving through the game, and soon enough you'll have more Eridium than you know what to do with.

~sighs~ Well, Tiny Tina's DLC is only $5 right now... I may just pick it up tonight.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Side quests will show up more often in Sanctuary after major story chapters, there's enough of them that running the majority you're given will keep you overleveled for the entire game.
    Doing the DLC is more fun, though. If you level up and get stuck, go beat a DLC. They all scale to your level, and you've got four to pick from, so there's some variety here and there.

The latter three are best saved for after you complete the game, though.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post

Alternatively, blow half your cash on the slots at Moxxi's whenever you find yourself back in Sanctuary.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

~sighs~ Well, Tiny Tina's DLC is only $5 right now... I may just pick it up tonight.
    Tiny Tina's DLC is the best of the four, IMHO, followed by Torgue's DLC. I'm not sure, since you're playing on Xbox 360, but on PC you can get the Season Pass which gives you Tiny Tina, Torgue, Scarlett, and Hammerlock DLCs, along with a Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack, which gives you +11 to maximum levels and pearlescents.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Tiny Tina's DLC is the best of the four, IMHO, followed by Torgue's DLC. I'm not sure, since you're playing on Xbox 360, but on PC you can get the Season Pass which gives you Tiny Tina, Torgue, Scarlett, and Hammerlock DLCs, along with a Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack, which gives you +11 to maximum levels and pearlescents.
    If I had the money, then I would pick up the Season pass. Sadly, I am a bit broke right now.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

If I had the money, then I would pick up the Season pass. Sadly, I am a bit broke right now.
    It's what, $30? Just wait until XBL drops the price. It'll happen.

26. - Top - End - #1376

BlackDragon

I am playing Maya on my X-Box 360 with Vanilla Borderlands 2 and no DLCs (for now). The thing that is slightly annoying is the lack of side quests.
    Lack of side quests? For all my complaints about the game, that's certainly one issue I'd never level at it--there are sidequests out the wazoo all over the place. What you might be complaining about is that the game feels a bit restricted and linear, which it *does*, at least until you reach Sanctuary and get a few more choices about where to go.

TL;DR--don't worry, it opens out later on, just keep plugging at it!

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, there are only a couple side quests in Liarsburg, and I'm not sure there are any between Flint and the first time you reach Sanctuary, but after that...
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

Care to elaborate? I find Salvador to be fun, and niche, but I haven't experienced overpowered shenanigans.

Another reason I ask for elaboration is a friend of mine claims Salvador is the weakest vault hunter, and I usually accept his opinions on game mechanics*.

*(This friend basically turned World of Warcraft and League of Legends into jobs. He was one of THOSE guys.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Care to elaborate? I find Salvador to be fun, and niche, but I haven't experienced overpowered shenanigans.

Another reason I ask for elaboration is a friend of mine claims Salvador is the weakest vault hunter, and I usually accept his opinions on game mechanics*.

*(This friend basically turned World of Warcraft and League of Legends into jobs. He was one of THOSE guys.)
    • Ammo and health regen while gunzerking
    • Can wield a DPUH and Rubi and effectively never die.

Really, the DPUH and Rubi/Grog Nozzle break the game.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

• Ammo and health regen while gunzerking
    • Can wield a DPUH and Rubi and effectively never die.

Really, the DPUH and Rubi/Grog Nozzle break the game.
    Hmm. Good to know. (I had to Google search DPUH, luckily, Google knows exactly what I am looking for.)

EDIT: I take it you maximize this with a Sheriff's Badge and Divergent Likeness?
    Last edited by Logic; 2013-10-01 at 03:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.