New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 1

Bandit Bonanza

Lucky is still unconscious.

Flim and Flam both peek out from behind their rock. They see the pony holding the grenade. Their eyes go wide, and they promptly hunker down behind the bolder.

"Flam, how good is your shield-casting ability?"

"About as good as yours, Flim."

"So we're screwed?"

"Essentially."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Unity Outpost

Ebon doesn't really know much about the Steel Rangers beyond the basic "they are absurdly dangerous and don't let them think you have something they want" lesson. He's curious, but not curious enough to just stare and listen intently. He does pick up the bluster about "Traitor!" and one of the Steel Rangers being knocked out, but doesn't intervene.

Turning to Fantasia, he slurs quietly: "Told ya we'd esscape. We shud get moving, though."

Forgiveness so quickly for attempted murder, Ebon? Jeez, you are getting soft.

Ponyville

Pineapple Blast can't exactly match that kind of pants-soilingly terrifying display, but she CAN make it very clear that there is a really big Grenade Launcher pointed at anypony who tries to run...

3. - Top - End - #633
    Troll in the Playground

[North of New Appleloosa-Bandit Palooza]

Well cow manure pies on a Sunday afternoon. Whatever that means. Gwendolyn's sharp eyes took sight of the new shiny grenade in the rifle pony's mouth. As for the fleeing pony, she'll kick his ass in a moment, but right now...

She raced through the air down to Lucky and shouted at Flim and Flam. "You two, seek cover now!" She then scooped Lucky and the gun near him holstered it, and slung Lucky over her back before shooting to the air.
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Southwestern Equestria- Afternoon 1:15 PM

Maul Steel smirks, an expression that Tough Stomp had learned over time to mean "There's nothing better to do" And besides, these people seemed nice and friendly, so Maul went along with their "Mass". Definitely not stepford smiles or anything. Still.... Maul throws a nervous glance to Foxfire. All this smiling was really creeping him out....

[Tag Benson]
    Southwestern Equestria- Afternoon 1:17 PM

"Splendid! I'll think you'll enjoy yourselves and feel enlightened. What are your names so that we may call you by them brothers?" Chief Green Spike asked as he ushered them towards town. Others around them chattering and quickly heading off to where this Mass was going to be.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Bandit Madness]

Flim and Flam are already behind a boulder. So they just grab onto each other and scream.

Lucky's limp form is flopped over Gwendolyn's shoulders. She takes flight. How heroic!

And then she probably notices that Lucky is mumbling. At least he's alive! But what is he mumbling?

"Oh yeah, Miss Gwen, spread those wings..." the concussed pegasus grumbles in an undeniably pervy fashion. "Watch the beak... A bit lower... Aw yeah... Now show me what that fine flank can do..."

And then he spanks her.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-17 at 09:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ettin in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- Afternoon 1:18 PM

Maul smiles at the chief weakly and says "My names Steel, this is my friend Stomp. It's nice to meet you Chief Spike." he extends his hoof out to shake before following the crowd to whatever this "Mass" thing was.

[TAG Beneon]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

6. - Top - End - #636
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Toward Shattered Hoof]

The hippogriff shakes his head. "Nah, nothing like that there. Shattered Hoof is an old prison that doubled as a gem mine. We've got gems aplenty, but none of the machinery to actually build things. That's mostly Red Eye's business."

THAT pony.

"We've got raw materials. But when it comes to actually building things? We're out of luck there."

A talon is waved at the pony. "You should probably get some sleep. We've got a long walk ahead of us tomorrow."

[Unity Outpost]

To be fair Fantasia didn't choose to stab Ebon in the neck. And she isn't too opposed to leaving, either. Though she IS pestering Ebon about finding her parents. Apparently no one has had the heart to tell her that they were absorbed into Unity yet.

...and worse?

If she IS told she'll probably want to go to them.

"...so you're also true to what Applejack desired... There's no place for you within the Rangers. It's only a matter of time before you'll be asked to do terrible things and if you refuse only death will be waiting. Sometimes I wish..." Anoma shakes her head sadly. "You're wrong. About those in Unity losing themselves. They choose to drift within the dreams of Unity and allow their bodies to be used as instruments of the Goddess' will. They want nothing of the Wasteland anymore and instead dream in peace."

Anome (Starfall?) glances down at the unconscious Ranger. Then gives her officer an quizzical look. Then turns her attention toward the slowly retreating Ebon.

Back to the unconscious Ranger the alicorn turns her head and then FLASH as a ray of silver light lances forth! The pony will likely find herself teleported out of her armor should it strike true. That's a pretty nifty trick. Great way to disarm a pony in powered armor at least.

"Ebon Flame," she begins, tone level as she does her best to push away her frustration and anger. "If you want to save your friends still then please come with me. If we can find one of my sisters you can beg the Goddess for forgiveness and she may spare your friends. And you-"

Fantasia flinches away from the alicorn. Anoma seems... hurt... by that reaction. "And you, my little pony. Your mother and father are safe within Unity. If you come with me you can see them again."

The filly's eyes go as big as saucers at the prospect of seeing her family again. "Is that true?" she manages to squeak out.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Firbolg in the Playground

Near Ponyville

Having seen what he needs to see, Razoreye begins backing off to rendezvous with the others. Not being privy to their little ambush, he'd stay in the air observing whatever is going on. If they need him, it would make for a dramatic entrance.

New Appleoosa

Luka might just run into Finder. In fact, let's say the two do meet. Finder's got not much that needs packing and would be ready to go quickly. The only thing stopping him is making sure that the stable-colt doesn't do something stupid in a sensitive situation and get captured by a pitchfork-wielding mob.

"We're leaving kid, fast."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #638
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [Bandit Madness]

Flim and Flam are already behind a boulder. So they just grab onto each other and scream.

Lucky's limp form is flopped over Gwendolyn's shoulders. She takes flight. How heroic!

And then she probably notices that Lucky is mumbling. At least he's alive! But what is he mumbling?

"Oh yeah, Miss Gwen, spread those wings..." the concussed pegasus grumbles in an undeniably pervy fashion. "Watch the beak... A bit lower... Aw yeah... Now show me what that fine flank can do..."

And then he spanks her.
    There was literally the sound of screeching tires as Gwendolyn came to a halt mid air, wings flapping slowly in a dramatic manner. Her eyes went wide, her pupils shrunk, her face enveloped in a deep crimson mixed with a angry fluster and she squawked in embarrassment. She held her magnum between her beak, and without thinking grabbed Lucky with both talons and held him over her head.

And then.......she comically tossed him in the air like a Lucky-torpedo...or Inverse-Lucky style? Coincidentally right towards the sniper pony.

Southwestern Equestria- Afternoon 1:18 PM

Maul smiles at the chief weakly and says "My names Steel, this is my friend Stomp. It's nice to meet you Chief Spike." he extends his hoof out to shake before following the crowd to whatever this "Mass" thing was.

[TAG Benson]
    Southwestern Equestria- Afternoon 1:25 PM

Hooves were shook vigorously. And so they were lead into the center of town which was not very far. The ramshackle houses as mentioned, forming a semi circle.

In the middle, they would spy a small fancy as it can be out here shrine built around a single tulip. Behind the shrine was a raised platform where an old wizened pony was standing and completing some minor pre-mass prayers.

All the ponies sat around in a semi circle of their own, seemed to be around twenty five ponies in total, with a decent mix of mares, stallions, and children, though stallions seemed to make a larger number. No unfortunate implications there.

Chief Green Spike lead the way and sat up in the front with his three wives and five foals. He gestured to Tough Stomp, Maul Steel, and Foxfire to come join them. 'Please...yes..yes...sit sit, meet my family." Smiles all around.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-17 at 10:41 PM.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Reaver Madness

There is nothing more graceful than the beauty of a pegasus in flight.

There is nothing less graceful than an unconscious pegasus being hurled through the sky by a livid griffin.

Lucky soars through the air, having been turned into an organic missile without his knowledge. Just before impact with the target, his right eye flutters open slightly, as he partially awakens from his stupor. He has just enough time before impact to make one small observation.

"Buck."

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- Afternoon 1:27

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS WITH THE SMILING.

Maul Steel felt like shrinking into a tiny ball and just absorbing his knives around him like a porcupine. Porcupines were cool right? There had to be more people who thought that aside from Maul Steel. I mean really, they're armored tanks with spikes that freaking reproduce. That's kinda awesome.

Oh yeah. Creepy smiling happy family funtimes. Nervously looking them over he gets the feeling that he might be eaten by this creepy family. Would explain the smiling, probably. "So... Where is this tulip you all worship anyway? Foxfire told me about it..." He says, tryingto grt their faces in a different shape that wasn't smile based. He might have inadvertly thrown Foxfire under the bus but he didn't care... Those smiles man.

[TAG Benson]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #641

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Unity Outpost]
    Spoiler
    Show

To be fair Fantasia didn't choose to stab Ebon in the neck. And she isn't too opposed to leaving, either. Though she IS pestering Ebon about finding her parents. Apparently no one has had the heart to tell her that they were absorbed into Unity yet.

...and worse?

If she IS told she'll probably want to go to them.

"...so you're also true to what Applejack desired... There's no place for you within the Rangers. It's only a matter of time before you'll be asked to do terrible things and if you refuse only death will be waiting. Sometimes I wish..." Anoma shakes her head sadly. "You're wrong. About those in Unity losing themselves. They choose to drift within the dreams of Unity and allow their bodies to be used as instruments of the Goddess' will. They want nothing of the Wasteland anymore and instead dream in peace."

Anome (Starfall?) glances down at the unconscious Ranger. Then gives her officer an quizzical look. Then turns her attention toward the slowly retreating Ebon.

Back to the unconscious Ranger the alicorn turns her head and then FLASH as a ray of silver light lances forth! The pony will likely find herself teleported out of her armor should it strike true. That's a pretty nifty trick. Great way to disarm a pony in powered armor at least.

"Ebon Flame," she begins, tone level as she does her best to push away her frustration and anger. "If you want to save your friends still then please come with me. If we can find one of my sisters you can beg the Goddess for forgiveness and she may spare your friends. And you-"

Fantasia flinches away from the alicorn. Anoma seems... hurt... by that reaction. "And you, my little pony. Your mother and father are safe within Unity. If you come with me you can see them again."

The filly's eyes go as big as saucers at the prospect of seeing her family again. "Is that true?" she manages to squeak out.
    so much Blue and Orange morality, obviously trying to get her to not go into the Unity again was going to be hard

Ray just shakes his head
    "Theres no place for me in Unity either, I refuse to wander the wastes and take others against their will, even less shooting the ones that resist or just do something to endanger your leader. Sorry, but I don't really believe you're doing as much good as you say.... I haven't seen or heard about your sisters doing any good for others..." He says, still pretty lowly and starts moving towards the top floor, to retrieve whatever tech there was

THEN Burnshine gets teleported off her armor, her cutiemark is a small bolt of flame with a 4 pointed "bright star" on it point, possibly descripting a speciality with explosive/incendiary rounds, besides that not much new, except what was described before

Blaster just nudges her once and she doesn't wake up
    "Eh..... Sorry about that one, my armor got stuck with the lightning and couldn't stop.....Crap, I still haven't got to kiss one...." he kind of half-regretful half-scared points to the dead alicorn Ray carried inside, he comically trotted hastily to the top floor, fearing Anoma's wrath upon him

Both rangers start gathering the tech, besides that, there's just Burnshine laying down

-----------------------------------------------

[New Appleloosa]

The stable colt perks ups when Finder calls him
    "Wha-? We gotta find the others first, Elestre shouldn't be far..."

[Tag: MCerberus]
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-17 at 11:48 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #642
    Troll in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- Afternoon 1:27

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS WITH THE SMILING.

Maul Steel felt like shrinking into a tiny ball and just absorbing his knives around him like a porcupine. Porcupines were cool right? There had to be more people who thought that aside from Maul Steel. I mean really, they're armored tanks with spikes that freaking reproduce. That's kinda awesome.

Oh yeah. Creepy smiling happy family funtimes. Nervously looking them over he gets the feeling that he might be eaten by this creepy family. Would explain the smiling, probably. "So... Where is this tulip you all worship anyway? Foxfire told me about it..." He says, tryingto grt their faces in a different shape that wasn't smile based. He might have inadvertly thrown Foxfire under the bus but he didn't care... Those smiles man.

[TAG Benson]

Southwestern Equestria- Pricklytown- Afternoon 1:28 PM

"Why right in front you Brother Steel," Chief Green Spike still smiled and and pointed to the shrine in front of them about fifteen feet away. The shrine was made of sheet metal and protected the tulip from three sides leaving the front exposed and in view for the townsponies. Foxfire was occupied with happily chatting with some townsponies sitting behind her that she met her first time here.

Tough Stomp was somewhat nervous and glanced around, so many smiles and he found the corners of his mouth twitching upward themselves.

[Tag TyChris1]
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-17 at 11:16 PM.

13. - Top - End - #643

New Appleoosa

Finder looks around, there's enough stinkeye to go around at the very least. "Listen, we don't have much time to leave. How long until somepony decides to be a hero and bring you in?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #644
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Bandit Battles]

"Huh. Well, I was always for being reasonable." Bright Eyes backed off obediently, although she remained prepared in case he decided to pull something. She still had one shot left, and if he threw the grenade, she knew what to use it for.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

15. - Top - End - #645

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    New Appleoosa

Finder looks around, there's enough stinkeye to go around at the very least. "Listen, we don't have much time to leave. How long until somepony decides to be a hero and bring you in?"
    "I don't know but it's a lot more than what could it take for me to fight back, we need to find Elestre and Night Jewel, quick!"
    He says before starting to look for a building and jump on it's roof, he could still be interrupted though.

[Tag: Finder, Drowlord and Purity if he finds them, or they find him]
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Unity Outpost]

Ebon sighs. It wasn't like he could protect the filly from painful truths forever, though.

[Speech]"It's a half-truth. They are within Unity, but they're not your parents as you remember them any more than she-" Ebon nods in Anoma's direction. "-is a Steel Ranger. You could join them, but you wouldn't really be yourself anymore."

He then turns toward Anoma, to address her properly:

"Anoma, I trust the Goddess less than you trust me. In the short period since the first time I heard her voice, I've learned that she allies herself with Red Eye and the slavers, that she regularly and without regret kidnaps ponies against their will, and most of all that she is so absurdly spiteful as to go out of her way to track down a number of innocent ponies and kill them in what amounts to a temper tantrum because somepony else escaped her."

He takes a step forward confrontationally, fire in his eyes as he snarls out a single question.

"All of these similarities to a typical raider in mind, why in Celestia's name should I even consider taking you at your word when you say that she doesn't want to weaponize my magic?"

(Note that the slurring in Ebon's dialogue is still present; I just don't want to transcribe it because that's annoying to read and my RL brain is going to go crazy if I keep it up.)

17. - Top - End - #647

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    New Appleloosa

The filly pegasus who looks like an older Eledwgen's necklace flares, and she flies close towards the ground next to Elestre.

Eledwhen? No... Who are you and what have you done with my sister?
    New Appleoosa

Elestre loooked at the ground. "I'm Elestre. I met her and tried to join her, to make up for my lack of care for her all these years. Then, at Old Appleoosa, she went another way, with one she trusted more. I didn't know my cousin had survived until I met her, and that was too late. She trusted a traitor. And now I meet another cousin of mine. What is your name?

Radroach Grate

Sparky dives into the grate, slicing around him in a smooth arc and looking deeper into the dark for the creatures' source.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Radroach Grate

Sparky dives into the grate, slicing around him in a smooth arc and looking deeper into the dark for the creatures' source.
    Steel Creel keeps the flash light focused on where Stormy Skies faced, revealing a few more lazing Radroaches. The water was murky and squishy, and smelly.

To the right, the light would reveal a dead end, just another grate with dripping gunk. To the left, the path continued on, with more rad roaches.

19. - Top - End - #649

[Unity Outpost]

"Then at least flee the Rangers. If you want to stay true to Applejack's ideals then all you have to look forward to within the Steel Rangers is execution. Or a sullied soul and blood on your hooves," the alicorn replies. Her morose tone suggests that she really wishes it wasn't that way. "We do good. But it tends to be overlooked. The Hellhound population would be quite a bit larger if not for our work."

Then Ebon speaks up! The filly looks kind of... confused. She's just a filly after all. And this sort of talk about ponies changing is kind of weird. On the one hoof the monster says she can see her parents again. And she seems kind of nice for a monster, if a little scary. On the other she's been told all sorts of bad things will happen if she's taken to Maripony.

Like that story of how there's a big blob monster there that will gobble her up. This leaves Fantasia rather conflicted.

Anoma gives a weary sigh, covering her face with one of her wing tips. "Why does everypony think they understand Unity better than somepony who was part of it..." she regards Ebon, trying her best to muster her patience. "You're wrong. Nopony is lost within Unity. They either find themselves as I did or they drift peacefully within the dreams of Unity. This filly would be reunited with her parents in a fashion closer and more intimate than you can even begin to understand."

And she leaves that subject at that.

"Our alliance with Red Eye is... regrettable. He has a generous heart and he truly wants a better future for Equestria. But his methods leave much to be desired. However he may have a way to solve our biological problem and he's one of the few ponies to treat us as anything other than monsters. What would you have us do, betray his trust?" Anoma asks, honestly curious. "Slay him and allow all of those he holds in check to fall into chaos? Fight against his forces and cause the deaths of countless ponies? This world is decaying, Ebon Flame. Slowly but surely, it is dying. We have to unite Equestria again if we're to have a future. And I believe Unity is our best chance. It isn't a perfect solution. But... the world hasn't been perfect for a very long time."

Another deep sigh from the alicorn. She sounds quite genuine in all that she's saying. If any of this is falsehood then it is most likely that she believes it to be true.

"You and your friends attacked our ally without provocation. You murdered ponies who had done you no harm. The Goddess extended your friends mercy in a show of good faith to your deal. The Goddess isn't throwing a tantrum. She's carrying out the sentence that should have and would have been done to begin with. Even then... I suspect your friends won't be killed. They'll be sold to Red Eye to work as penance for their crimes. Neither the Goddess nor Red Eye gain anything by killing them."

Anoma raises a wing before a reply can be given. "But. They still may be set free if you're willing to beg the Goddess for forgiveness and submit to Unity. You have already broken your word. Please don't spite the Goddess further."

Then comes that small, sad smile again. A deep breath. And she simply turns to trot away. Several of the crazy cultist types follow her, giving Ebon varying looks between hatred and pity as they go.

Fantasia looks very conflicted.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ettin in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- Afternoon 1:30

Oh no you don't!

Maul Steel thought as he saw Tough stomp's lips begin to curl. This was no time to devolve into the grinch stole christmas esque shenanigans. He bumps his hoof against Tough Stomp's shoulder to get his attention, his eyes narrowing a bit to tell Tough Stomp to knock it off. Last thing he needed was a tulip worshipper covering his back. Looking down at the cactus strewn about Maul Steel's stomach grumbles "Umm... I don't mean to be rude but would you excuse me? I have to go get something." he begins to try and move away from his seating and back towards the Wagon. He wasn't going to eat a bunch of cactus' and dance in circles and all that nonsense. His cutie mark was bloody knives damnit! He'd go grab his knives, find some animal, and eat it instead. Hopefully he'd get back intime to not offend them......

[TAG Benson]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

21. - Top - End - #651
    Bugbear in the Playground

NA

The filly attempts to pull Elestre away from the alicorn. Her eyes widen.

I'm Eleyew... you're our cousin? Where is she? Where's you family?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Unity Outpost]

Ebon's expression softens somewhat, still clearly conflicted and a bit angered but simultaneously caught off guard by a number of well-made points. He's thrown off-kilter to the point where he neglects to acknowledge Fantasia at all.

"And I suppose I'd know all about good intentions with questionable methods, wouldn't I?"

He remains composed, just barely, but it's easy to tell that he's only about a hair away from breaking down into sheer despair.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Troll in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- Afternoon 1:30

Oh no you don't!

Maul Steel thought as he saw Tough stomp's lips begin to curl. This was no time to devolve into the grinch stole christmas esque shenanigans. He bumps his hoof against Tough Stomp's shoulder to get his attention, his eyes narrowing a bit to tell Tough Stomp to knock it off. Last thing he needed was a tulip worshipper covering his back. Looking down at the cactus strewn about Maul Steel's stomach grumbles "Umm... I don't mean to be rude but would you excuse me? I have to go get something." he begins to try and move away from his seating and back towards the Wagon. He wasn't going to eat a bunch of cactus' and dance in circles and all that nonsense. His cutie mark was bloody knives damnit! He'd go grab his knives, find some animal, and eat it instead. Hopefully he'd get back in time to not offend them......

[TAG Benson]

Southwestern Equestria- Pricklytown- Afternoon 1:30 PM

"Brother Steel! Where are you going? Don't leave us yet, we're all about to have some prickly pears! Its part of the ritual to eat the food the gods have given us before Mass. A spiritual cleansing of bodies," Chief Green Spike smiled and gently tugged on Maul Steel.

"Oh? We get to have more?"
    Tough Stomp asked a little eagerly. He had found the prickly cactus that he and Foxfire ate along the way while Maul was sleeping to be rather delicious. "You haven't had one eh..Steel, right? They're really tasty and made me feel happy eating it." He smiled.

24. - Top - End - #654

[Unity Outpost]

Fantasia looks up at Ebon. Then back at- None of the ponies who had been telling her these big beautiful royal (and kind of scary) looking ponies are monsters. They've all left already. Then up at that nice blue unicorn with the funny stick cutie more.

"We've gotten quite a bit of bad publicity, I'll admit it," Pure Touch sighs as he stops aside Ebon and Fantasia. "We're doing our best despite our mistakes. And between you and me..."

The pony glances back and forth conspiratorially.

"...I don't doubt that the Goddess has made some herself. Hopefully she can learn from them and do better like anypony else. Whether you choose to come with to Maripony or not-"

A soft forest green glow surrounds the unicorn's horn as he directs healing magic toward Ebon's injured mind. A healing potion might not be able to do the trick, but this unicorn seems to be VERY talented when it comes to healing spells.

"-I think I can leave you with that gift at least. I hope you make the right decision."

And with that he sets off as well.

AND THEN SUDDENLY!

"Wait!" the little filly cries out. "I want to come too! I want to see mommy and daddy again!" She goes bounding off at full speed and begins prodding at the alicorn with a hoof. "Umm... Monster? Is... is there really a big blob at Maripony that's going to gobble me up?"

That manages to get Anoma to blank mid-step. Once again that sad, weary smile crosses her face as she kneels down in front of the filly. "Oh my little pony. Don't fret, there won't be any monsters to harm you in Unity. You'll be safe in the Goddess' embrace. And you'll never ever ever ever be apart from your mommy and daddy again."

With that the alicorn reaches out her regal wings and pulls Fantasia into an embrace. The filly stiffens at first, but soon her fear melts and she begins crying into Anoma's coat. She cries and sobs and snots up the false-princess' fur something terrible.

"I just miss them so much..."

"I know, my little pony. I know..."

[New Appleloosa]

"THE GREAT AND POWERFUL GODDESS GROWS WEARY OF THIS GAME, OH WICKED PONIES. SHOW YOURSELVES AT ONCE."

There then comes a pause as though the invisible and totally not in the town alicorn considers something further.

"SINCE THESE COWARDLY PONIES SEEM UNWILLING TO GIVE THEMSELVES UP IT FALLS TO YOU, CITIZENS OF NEW APPLELOOSA, TO BRING THEM TO US. DELIVER THE CRIMINALS TO THE GATE LEST YOU SHARE IN THEIR PUNISHMENT!"

And then what's this?

A pony walking out of the gate? Oh excellent! One of them has finally come to their senses. The alicorn doesn't recognize this one, but that hardly matters. They were probably hiding up on that hill or something.

"GOOD! YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOURSELF TO JUSTICE, OH WICKED PONY!"
    the mental voice thunders at Night Jewel. "AS THE FIRST TO YIELD WE WILL SEE THAT YOU ARE GIVEN SOME DEGREE OF COMFORT ON THE JOURNEY TO RED EYE'S SLAVE PITS."

Something about the voice suggests that the alicorn is displeased with this punishment. But apparently orders have come from on-high to sell the rebels to Red Eye rather than to kill them. Probably to appease the slavers in Old Appleloosa and make up a few of the murdered slaves.

25. - Top - End - #655

New Appleoosa

Oh boy, things just seem to be getting less and less good around here. They're going to have to book it out pretty quickly. Also it looks like whatever it is is watching the gates

"You realize how quickly we need to get out now?" Finder asks of Luka before an exasperated sigh. "We need to get out in the next few minutes."
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #656
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Toward Shattered Hoof]

The hippogriff shakes his head. "Nah, nothing like that there. Shattered Hoof is an old prison that doubled as a gem mine. We've got gems aplenty, but none of the machinery to actually build things. That's mostly Red Eye's business."

THAT pony.

"We've got raw materials. But when it comes to actually building things? We're out of luck there."

A talon is waved at the pony. "You should probably get some sleep. We've got a long walk ahead of us tomorrow."

[Towards Shattered Hoof]

"Hrm, Red Eye has the machines..."
    Speaking of machines, little cogs are almost-visibly whirring away in Rusty's head.
    "Well! We'll just have to take things a step at a time. Got a security system to hack first, if I recall."

Slight directness from him! How peculiar.

A little smile later and he begins maneuvering back up to his three hooves.
    "Always game for a nap. I don't recommend any of those mysterious rainy walks though. Making folks worry is silly business."
    Then obediently back to his little corner he goes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pponyville

The would be Conquerer's are looking for the closest isolated group, that's what.

After a bit of looking around and studying which group gets the farthest and most isolated Lamianos signals Pineaaple to follow him and hunt the scouting party. When they are at their most farthest Lamianos leaps out of his attempts at camouflage "DROP YOUR WEAPONS OR DIE!" he growls as the full brunt of his force is put on display for all to see.

[TAG Chaotic, Obliviom]
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Ponyville

Pineapple Blast can't exactly match that kind of pants-soilingly terrifying display, but she CAN make it very clear that there is a really big Grenade Launcher pointed at anypony who tries to run...
    Near Ponyville

Having seen what he needs to see, Razoreye begins backing off to rendezvous with the others. Not being privy to their little ambush, he'd stay in the air observing whatever is going on. If they need him, it would make for a dramatic entrance.

[Ponyville - Outskirts]

An outer patrol is jumped!
    Or more specifically: two patrol ponies are jumped as their Zones intersect.

They both stare at Lamianos and Pineapple rather blankly for around two seconds, before sickly grins appear on their faces.
    What proceeds is probably exactly what they were not supposed to do:

They both lift guns (a dirty, two-shot shotgun and a strangely clean pistol) and fire at their ambusher. Probably not the most accurate things in the world, but if Lami is close enough that doesn't matter.

Pineapple has the honor of not being shot at due to being quieter.
    Literally no other reason. No one said the raiders had to be sane.

Gunshots are loud.
    Razoreye will probably note the attention it acquires from...pretty much everyone in the town in a hurry. Although not everyone descends upon the situation. Mostly just stare over in the general direction with bored curiosity.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bandit Bonanza

Lucky is still unconscious.

Flim and Flam both peek out from behind their rock. They see the pony holding the grenade. Their eyes go wide, and they promptly hunker down behind the bolder.

"Flam, how good is your shield-casting ability?"

"About as good as yours, Flim."

"So we're screwed?"

"Essentially."
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    [North of New Appleloosa-Bandit Palooza]

Well cow manure pies on a Sunday afternoon. Whatever that means. Gwendolyn's sharp eyes took sight of the new shiny grenade in the rifle pony's mouth. As for the fleeing pony, she'll kick his ass in a moment, but right now...

She raced through the air down to Lucky and shouted at Flim and Flam. "You two, seek cover now!" She then scooped Lucky and the gun near him holstered it, and slung Lucky over her back before shooting to the air.
    [Bandit Madness]

And then he spanks her.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    There was literally the sound of screeching tires as Gwendolyn came to a halt mid air, wings flapping slowly in a dramatic manner. Her eyes went wide, her pupils shrunk, her face enveloped in a deep crimson mixed with a angry fluster and she squawked in embarrassment. She held her magnum between her beak, and without thinking grabbed Lucky with both talons and held him over her head.

And then.......she comically tossed him in the air like a Lucky-torpedo...or Inverse-Lucky style? Coincidentally right towards the sniper pony.
    Reaver Madness

There is nothing more graceful than the beauty of a pegasus in flight.

There is nothing less graceful than an unconscious pegasus being hurled through the sky by a livid griffin.

Lucky soars through the air, having been turned into an organic missile without his knowledge. Just before impact with the target, his right eye flutters open slightly, as he partially awakens from his stupor. He has just enough time before impact to make one small observation.

"Buck."
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Bandit Battles]

"Huh. Well, I was always for being reasonable." Bright Eyes backed off obediently, although she remained prepared in case he decided to pull something. She still had one shot left, and if he threw the grenade, she knew what to use it for.

Flim and Flam continue to be useless!
    Thankfully this has kept them fairly safe this whole time.

Bright Eyes seems amiable to a (not necessarily polite) truce with Rifle/Grenade-in-Mouth Stallion, who begins taking more measured steps backwards, despite the shouting of Pale Blue off behind him.

Gwen and Lucky...what in sky's name are they doing?

That question (possibly more vulgarly) is very clearly present on Pale Blue's face as a certain pegasus is torpedo'd in his direction.
    "...what. No wait, what the fu-"

His sniper rifle quickly whirls orientation, from the foal's head, towards Lucky...but fails to get further than that before the organic missile smashes into the captor & hostage with an idle curse.

The colt squeals, but is released from the telekinetic grip around him, which means he immediately begins trying to squirm away from the tangle of older ponies around him.
    Pale Blue suffers a critical case of having two ponies crushed into him and his gun bounces a short distance away.

He may be in slight shock.

Really, what just happened here?

Meanwhile, Pistol Stallion #2 continues to flee off into the horizon.
    Run awaaaaay!
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-10-18 at 06:11 PM.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Highway Robbery]

Welp, Lucky's out cold again.

The bandit now has an unconscious pegasus sprawled out on top of him. That's a lot of dead weight. Probably not going to make it easy for the bandit to move around...

For once, Lucky being useless is actually useful.

Flim and Flam, meanwhile, continue to cower behind their beloved boulder. How heroic...

28. - Top - End - #658

New Appleoosa

Oh boy, things just seem to be getting less and less good around here. They're going to have to book it out pretty quickly. Also it looks like whatever it is is watching the gates

"You realize how quickly we need to get out now?" Finder asks of Luka before an exasperated sigh. "We need to get out in the next few minutes."
    The Stable colt just shakes his head quickly, overlooking at the building's roof
    "Just plain get it! NOT without my fr- THERE!"
    He spots Elestre and kickly jumps off the roof and rushes towards him
    "Hey! We gotta go, whatever it is that's saying that could get us in real tro-.." His eyes go wide after seeing Eleyew...
    "E-Eledwhen? Wha-? you ran away? how did you grow up so fast??!"

[Tag: Drowlord, MCerberus, Dark Elf Bard]

--------------------------------------------------
    [Unity outpost]

"Just that?.... That's still not convincing, what the Unity has done to others far outweights that, and to be honest, others could do it too with the right tools" He doesn't comment on leaving the Rangers though

He just goes upstairs and starts collecting the tech around the place with Blaster.

Burnshine's still unconciouss, but she begins to twitch and move a bit
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #659
    Troll in the Playground

[Unfortunate be the bandits]

It took a second or four when it dawned to Gwendolyn what she just did to Lucky. Aw crap sack left on a door step on fire. She raced down almost not wanting to see the damage she caused to Lucky. Though a part of her thought it funny...Anyways!

When she gets there she takes notice of that other pony being referred to as Pale Blue in the narrative underneath Lucky and some colt. She punches Pale Blue in the face as she then attends to Lucky.

"Aw....crap...Lucky you're not dead are you?"
    She held the stallion's head in her talons, being careful not to stab him.
    --------------------------------------

30. - Top - End - #660
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Bandits And Bright Eyes]

Bright Eyes nodded. "Good! Now, remember, if I were more like you and your friends, you'd be a mess on the ground at this moment."

She turned her attention to the others. "Huh! That colt sure made quite a weapon. Hopefully he survived, but if he didn't, keep him around anyway in case we run into more of these guys, okay?"

[New Appaloosa]

Night Jewel hadn't expected that. How could they recognise me so easily? I don't think my build and hairstyle are that distinctive... Oh, maybe they're just guessing I'm involved and surrendering myself. I might as well keep trying.

She cleared her throat and spoke in a rather different voice. "Me? A meere slave? Zat ees not senseeble. I can do more for you zan just petty labour. Can we deescuss thees on the way?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)