New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Ranked. That is all. >:|
    I don't know how you feel... No seriously, I don't. Ranked is something I don't do. ^^"
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, weird game. Finished 0/0/11.

How? The plan was to get Miss Fortune fed. I picked exhaust specifically for this (although I'll probably keep using it, it was too effective not to). I would Alpha Strike/Exhaust, couple autoattacks, let Fortune finish.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

3. - Top - End - #303

Exhaust is a very strong spell. While it doesn't directly make people dead the way Ignite does, it basically lets you tell one enemy champ, "No, I don't think you'll be running or doing any damage" for two and a half seconds.
    Last edited by dgnslyr; 2012-09-24 at 01:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    Exhaust is a very strong spell. While it doesn't directly make people dead the way Ignite does, it basically lets you tell one enemy champ, "No, I don't think you'll be running or doing any damage" for two and a half seconds.
    Exhaust is definitely my favorite summoner spell. I find it helps pick up more kills than Ignite does, and has more defensive uses at the same time.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Sonofzeal, you should get online and we'll go a game or two.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Exhaust is definitely my favorite summoner spell. I find it helps pick up more kills than Ignite does, and has more defensive uses at the same time.
    There's a strong case to be made that this is true. The only real advantages ignite has over exhaust are healing reduction to shut down mundos and the like, a dot that can tower dive people without getting killed by the tower, and the fact that burst champions get much more out of ignite than exhaust.

I think Exhaust is generally better on most sustained people, though, or on any non-burst-caster who won't necessarily win lane.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Banned

I don't like Shyvana's title, never have. The Half-Dragon? How plain can they get? Besides, she isn't really half a dragon all the time. Maybe we should go with Shyvana, the Part-Time Dragon. With such lines as "The League doesn't even offer me health benefits," "It's nice having half-days all the time," and "This is just a waypoint on the way to my future career."

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

I like ignite on my Morde.

R+Ignite is a fair bit of DoT, and when you've got as much magic penetration as you can muster to punch through what defenses they've got, the DoT should be enough to kill them, and suddenly you've got a ghost.

EDIT:

I think her title says a lot more than you'd think. Valoran doesn't strike me as the sort of place where dragons are breeding all the time.
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2012-09-24 at 06:05 AM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

I don't like Shyvana's title, never have. The Half-Dragon? How plain can they get?
    Ahri the Nine Tailed Fox. Alistar the Minotaur. Amumu the Sad Mummy. Miss Fortune the Bounty Hunter. Wukong the Monkey King. Warwick the Blood Hunter. Tryndaderp the Barbarian King. Lee Sin the Blind Monk. Ashe the Frost Archer. Annie the Dark Child. Anivia the Cryophoenix. Nidalee the Bestial Huntress. Morgana Fallen Angel.

I'm not seeing a broken pattern here. Shyvana the Half-Dragon fits in nicely with a good deal of champions who have generic names that describe their physicality or vocation. Or names that are shaped like themselves(Mr. Blind Monk).
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-09-24 at 07:23 AM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Reminds me of how people complained about "Infinite Light", but it never really seemed out-of-place to me. Thunder Claws, Tremors, Petrifying Gaze, Cannon Barrage, Explosive Cask...

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Just had an awful game, and it threw off my entire equilibrium. Then I end up as support (my worst role) in the next game.

Sigh.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Reminds me of how people complained about "Infinite Light", but it never really seemed out-of-place to me. Thunder Claws, Tremors, Petrifying Gaze, Cannon Barrage, Explosive Cask...
    Because "Infinite Light" doesn't sound threatening, and it has nothing to do with the simplicity of it. Saying "Exposure to the light of a thousand light bulbs" isn't threatening either. Dragons though? They're always dangerous.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

I don't like Shyvana's title, never have. The Half-Dragon? How plain can they get? Besides, she isn't really half a dragon all the time. Maybe we should go with Shyvana, the Part-Time Dragon. With such lines as "The League doesn't even offer me health benefits," "It's nice having half-days all the time," and "This is just a waypoint on the way to my future career."
    We have Corporate Mundo... Why not Intern Shvyana? Actually, which champion would be the best intern?

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Just had an awful game, and it threw off my entire equilibrium. Then I end up as support (my worst role) in the next game.

Sigh.
    Yeah, I find in solo queue (both ranked and unranked) I play mostly jungle, because I'm not assertive enough to declare "top" or "adc". In Ranked, my only support character, Alistar, is frequently banned =P

Also, since I jungle Nautilus, if my team pushes the team to their turret, there isn't much I can do.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

The game I was support in, the carry had 30 cs at 19 minutes.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    We have Corporate Mundo... Why not Intern Shvyana? Actually, which champion would be the best intern?
    Teenage Internmumu. Amumu the Sad Intern?
    Last edited by Eurus; 2012-09-24 at 11:33 AM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    The game I was support in, the carry had 30 cs at 19 minutes.
    At that point, you need to start last hitting. Screw support, you're the carry now. 0 cs support only works if your lanemate is good enough to get last hits.

I had a Nautilus in a game demanding a creep wave when I was the ADC. I ignored him and took the wave anyway.

Oh solo queue ranked, I hate you so, but I can't quit you.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Whenever you have an issue with a champion name, just remember that they're not as bad as Sion, The Undead Champion.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Yeah, I find in solo queue (both ranked and unranked) I play mostly jungle, because I'm not assertive enough to declare "top" or "adc". In Ranked, my only support character, Alistar, is frequently banned =P
    I find a similar problem in normal or draft queue. I'm fairly comfortable with my bot lane, both support and AD carry, to the point where I would lack to practice other lanes. I find myself unable to get mid or top lane basically ever in these instances.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I find that simply saying "I'd like top please" early on is enough. I don't bother to fight for a position in solo queue because... solo queue. I've started to jungle a lot more again and I've had some success with that. But I'm pretty sure thats entire because I'v stopped playing Nocturne. I have TERRIBLE decision making when I play assassin-type heroes.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Whenever you have an issue with a champion name, just remember that they're not as bad as Sion, The Undead Champion.
    That's almost as bad as Alistar the Minotaur. Except at least Sion's title includes his vocation. Unless Alistar's vocation is also being a minotaur.

21. - Top - End - #321

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    That's almost as bad as Alistar the Minotaur. Except at least Sion's title includes his vocation. Unless Alistar's vocation is also being a minotaur.
    YOU CAN'T MILK THOSE!
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

22. - Top - End - #322

Oh Plentakill.... what have you done....
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Oh Plentakill.... what have you done....
    They ulted... Gragas style.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

24. - Top - End - #324

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    I find that simply saying "I'd like top please" early on is enough. I don't bother to fight for a position in solo queue because... solo queue. I've started to jungle a lot more again and I've had some success with that. But I'm pretty sure thats entire because I'v stopped playing Nocturne. I have TERRIBLE decision making when I play assassin-type heroes.
    I do the opposite thing and pick nocturne at every given opportunity to do so. Free elo mang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Teenage Internmumu. Amumu the Sad Intern?
    Amumu already has too many awesome skins; although, I can imagine him crying with a swirl of papers around him...

I'm a programmer so Code Monkey Wukong would appeal to me ;)

26. - Top - End - #326

Amumu already has too many awesome skins; although, I can imagine him crying with a swirl of papers around him...

I'm a programmer so Code Monkey Wukong would appeal to me ;)
    Code Wukong get up get coffee. Code Wukong go to job. Code Wukong go to boring rift match, with nooby Summoner Rob.
    The League say Code Wukong very powerful, but Rob's laning skills stink. His strategies not functional or elegant, what do Code Wukong think?

That would be fun I think. Very very fun.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

So, long time since I posted here. Been away from the forums for a while, and so forth, but decided to make a post here to talk about some of the things floating around the PBE at the moment.

Kha'zix: I like him, but I really think he's really too strong in his current state. I know this could be swayed by the quality of players I'm usually against on the PBE (It's like the old days, man. Like early season one.), but he seems to fall into Diana-levels of murdering fairly easily, but can be built a lot tankier and still do decent damage. Haven't lost a game top yet with Boots->HoG+Philo->Random bits of Triforce and Gunblade.

His Q's cooldown is short. Really short for the damage it can do. And it's pretty cheap as well, at 25 mana per stab. I've been evolving this second, since level 11+ is usually when it becomes most important.

His W is only really good in even lanes and the jungle, sadly. It's alright poke, but it's mana cost is a bit high. I haven't found many/any situations when evolving it is a good idea, either.

His E is amazing. Yeah, you max rank Q first, but this skill really shouldn't be ignored. I evolve it first, because the kill/assist cooldown refresh makes towerdiving a piece of cake. E in when they're considered isolated, passive proc, Q, they're probably dead now, and you jump out. if not, just use the massive speed from your R to get out.

However, his base skin needs to be improved for one simple reason, that Mecha Kha'zix is easier to play, because it's easier to tell when someone is isolated. Regular bugman just has a faint dark purple ring around them. Mecha has a great big orange targeting reticule that's actually easily visible.

Rewards: The whole new rewards system rolled out on the PBE last week, and if it's any indication of what's to come on the actual servers, the rewards are really quite good. The test so far has been "Soon as one person says you're a half-decent dude, you get a 20% ip boost and access to all of the champions." But I'd be very very surprised if it's what they go for when they implement it.

I've got a few friendly/honourable reports on me, and it does make you feel good just to see them there.

Soraka: The model/skin/particles/joke change is nice and pretty looking. The heal's armour buff particle is much more visible than before. The starcall animation still doesn't sync up with it's damage, though. There's a slight pause between it landing and the damage hitting, just like there always has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    I know this could be swayed by the quality of players I'm usually against on the PBE (It's like the old days, man. Like early season one.)
    Is... that a good thing or a bad thing?

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Is... that a good thing or a bad thing?
    More like is it an easy thing or a hard thing, and my guess is that he's meaning its an easy thing.

The good/bad part is all a matter of preference.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, it's definitely a good thing. The META isn't as omnipresent, and nobody gets as butthurt over people not slavishly following it.

Everyone's just there to have fun and play champs/skins early. The IR/RP allowance isn't dependent on win/loss, so they have nothing to lose but the game, as it were. But because of that, sometimes people aren't trying.

Or, in other cases, are just not as skilled as I'm used to playing against. Seems egotistical, but it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show