New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Depends on factors such as CS and jungler help. That, and if you want to improve I'd be cautious on setting on what's "alright" and focus on doing better. Ask yourself why you died, I suppose. Actually, just inject efdf's DNA into your bloodstream. Or Laudandus'. Top lane learned easy way.
    Me: 193 minions by game end
    Yorick: 146 by game end

My deaths during laning were because I: Evaded a gank, and then realized that if I b'd I'd end up giving them my tower on a silver platter. Saved my tower, at the cost of myself. Not sure if that's fair. (the other death was stupid, when a 4 man team decided that my turret was the one they wanted to push first.

2. - Top - End - #362

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    So, Darius...

Who's a bad lane matchup for him up top? I assume since he has no inherent sustain, anyone with a good amount of sustain or ranged harass or both (stupid Yorick) should be able to trade effectively with him.

I think I'd also be scared of someone like a Riven, who'd trade well since she does stupid early damage based off of her passive.

I've only dealt with Teemo and Shen so far and they were quite scared of me.
    Shen can actually win lane against Darius if you play carefully. By carefully, I mean every time it's up, Dagger+Passive Darius and absorb the counterattack with Feint and the lifegain on dagger. Darius can't outsustain Shen by any means.

Darius actually heavily outtrades Riven unless Riven plays really, really well.

Teemo is surprisingly weak against Darius, mainly because every time he tries to AA poke you, grab him and beat him up a bit. Low range hurts the little yordle.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    My deaths during laning were because I: Evaded a gank, and then realized that if I b'd I'd end up giving them my tower on a silver platter. Saved my tower, at the cost of myself. Not sure if that's fair.
    That kinda depends. If the enemy takes a sufficiently early turret from you then you can freeze it at the turret and deny them the ability to farm. Though you also can't roam if such a thing happens which might be a burden to Garen.

Though it seems like you won your lane overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

So I just had propably my best ever dominion game as AP Soraka. It was spectacular. So much fun. Turns out I couldn't duel Jax tho, but everyone else kept engaging me - then realising just how much pain they were in, try to run, and die. Shaco, Malphite, Sivir, Draven (well - maybe I never ran into Draven?!).

Fun fun fun =)

Of course Draven quit when they were doing their worst. If he hadn't, they might actually have turned it around. Their Jax was pretty damn strong towards the end.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Jayce scales better given his semi-carry status and seems to handily defeat Darius in lane. I remember Jayce giving Westrice's Darius some grief on a tournament a while ago.
    Jayce is in a stupid place right now. Free poke on a Bruiser frame, okay! Excellent engage/disengage skills, absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    Teemo is surprisingly weak against Darius, mainly because every time he tries to AA poke you, grab him and beat him up a bit. Low range hurts the little yordle.
    I was dreading the Teemo since I expected to be poked to death by his AA/blinding dart harass. Then I hit level 3 and could Grab, Spin, Auto-attack, Auto-Attack reset and get him down to really low health. Once I hit 6, I could just dive him at will with a full combo.
    Last edited by Joran; 2012-09-25 at 02:30 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

Just had a game where we invade, and in response the enemy jungler fed 5-6 kills.

It completely killed my competitive spirit. We lost, because... I just couldn't get my head in the game. Even after the jungler pulled his head out of his posterior, I just was not feeling it.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Due to a pre-game chat mixup I ended up playing support Irelia.

AWESOME. Even when the whole 'jump them, burst' thing killed me half the time, it was just so much fun. I don't think I did anything but hurl myself into lane fights (and one teamfight) or BD all game, but it was so cool.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

So, Darius...

Who's a bad lane matchup for him up top? I assume since he has no inherent sustain, anyone with a good amount of sustain or ranged harass or both (stupid Yorick) should be able to trade effectively with him.
    Darn near everyone with strong 600+ range(disengages help if you're close to 600, like Jayce and Akali) beats the hell out of him top lane. While that's a long way for some traditional top laners(Riven, E-based Olaf), its not that far in general. Caitlyn would hand Darius his arse on a silver platter, for instance.

Of the people with lower overall range, I'm not sure who can beat Darius, but there's enough long-range top laners that Darius can be counter-picked fairly easily.

1.Darius has zero sustain and no answer to blinding dart's range. With some intentional MP5 spec and Doran's Rings in your early items, Darius is a sitting duck to Teemo's poke.

2.Teemo's auto outranges Darius' pull by a little(roughly <50, teemo is small). Its not exactly a sure thing that Darius can pull him. With superb play, the yordle can get off free autos.

3.Why the hell would Teemo go in to auto while Darius' pull is up? Bait it out while being happy with Q poke.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

9. - Top - End - #369

Teemo is decent against Darius, but as soon as Darius gets a Vamp Scepter or a couple of Doran's Blades, Teemo starts running into problems. Also, I feel compelled to remind you again that 50 range is really,really small, and without superb timing from Teemo will result in Darius walking closer during the animation and landing the pull. For comparison's sake, Swain's non-root spells have a range of 650, and I've been able to consistently pull Swains when they try to slow me.
    Last edited by TheShrike; 2012-09-25 at 03:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Teemo is decent against Darius, but as soon as Darius gets a Vamp Scepter or a couple of Doran's Blades, Teemo starts running into problems. Also, I feel compelled to remind you again that 50 range is really,really small, and without superb timing from Teemo will result in Darius walking closer during the animation and landing the pull. For comparison's sake, Swain's non-root spells have a range of 650, and I've been able to consistently pull Swains when they try to slow me.
    You'll note that I pointed out exactly that in my own point, man. I even used the word superb, too.

And I've played enough Jayce v. Darius to know exactly how rough it is to pull it off. Well, Jacye does have a slightly longer auto(due to champ model size), but it can't be that much of a difference, all told(makes you wonder the distance a Teemo-Jayce is).
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.

11. - Top - End - #371

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    Well, Jacye does have a slightly longer auto(due to champ model size
    Autos are from edge of hitbox to edge of hitbox. If he's trading autos, no matter your model size, melee is going to hit at the same time (barring odd scenarios like Riven ult etc). If he's trying to eke an advantage from his larger model giving his AA more range, what possible scenario could it be an advantage?

12. - Top - End - #372
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was dreading the Teemo since I expected to be poked to death by his AA/blinding dart harass. Then I hit level 3 and could Grab, Spin, Auto-attack, Auto-Attack reset and get him down to really low health. Once I hit 6, I could just dive him at will with a full combo.
    Did you get a frail teemo? My couple times as teemo vs darius were pretty even trades thru most of laning. Level six had me worried about burst during an extended fight, but there was no free diving.
    "You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
    "No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."

[3.5] Mana Mage

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sohala View Post
    Did you get a frail teemo? My couple times as teemo vs darius were pretty even trades thru most of laning. Level six had me worried about burst during an extended fight, but there was no free diving.
    Possibly. I also happen to have flat AD runes >.> <.<

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Autos are from edge of hitbox to edge of hitbox. If he's trading autos, no matter your model size, melee is going to hit at the same time (barring odd scenarios like Riven ult etc). If he's trying to eke an advantage from his larger model giving his AA more range, what possible scenario could it be an advantage?
    In the exact scenario we were just talking about: Trying to eke an Auto from outside Darius' pull range. Since the pull is on spell range(center to center), Jayce's larger frame comes into play(compared to Teemo), allowing him to eke out shots from slightly longer distances.

Also, there are a few champs(Ex: Diana) who have longer-than-standard melee auto range, without even counting the champs who have ways of upgrading it(Ex: Cho'gath).

15. - Top - End - #375

Possibly. I also happen to have flat AD runes >.> <.<
    Armor seals, health quints, 9/21/0, shield start for those games.
    "You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
    "No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."

[3.5] Mana Mage

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

Heya ladies and gents.

I can't last hit (well).

If I were to take a full AD (yes, full AD, Marks, Seals, Quints, and the blue thingy-s), how screwed over would I be if I went bot?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

17. - Top - End - #377

spell range(center to center)
    Spell range is not centre to centre. Spell range starts from the centre of the caster but every single targeting method in League of Legends uses the target's hitbox, not just the centre of it.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Heya ladies and gents.

I can't last hit (well).

If I were to take a full AD (yes, full AD, Marks, Seals, Quints, and the blue thingy-s), how screwed over would I be if I went bot?
    I don't think the seals and glyphs are worth it, but if you played certain champs, you'd do fine. Ezreal and Caitlyn come to mind, since their range makes up for the general squishyness this page would give them. Graves and Draven might also work, just cause of how bursty-well they scale with AD, but you're going for kill-lane power with those guys, I'd expect.

19. - Top - End - #379

My Teemo play involves baiting the grab by moving to autoattack, then darting back as soon as he moves my way, then spending the next 13 seconds whittling merciless at that big hunk of Noxian badness.

In other news, I should start playing with you guys more often. My usual crew has bad attitudes about a lot of champions they consider uncounterable, and an unnerving hatred for Ignite, often claiming after a teamfight that 'all they did was hit that ***** ignite'.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    In other news, I should start playing with you guys more often. My usual crew has bad attitudes about a lot of champions they consider uncounterable, and an unnerving hatred for Ignite, often claiming after a teamfight that 'all they did was hit that ***** ignite'.
    You've complained about your 'usual crew' before. Seriously, just start friending everyone on your server from the first page and join the mumble server.

21. - Top - End - #381

Planetar

Spell range is not centre to centre. Spell range starts from the centre of the caster but every single targeting method in League of Legends uses the target's hitbox, not just the centre of it.
    False. Targeted spells are center to center, IE rengar bola.

22. - Top - End - #382

Are you entirely sure? I've seen it said a few places that it's the edge of the hitbox that matters.

EDIT: A quick test shows that unless I've managed to find the exact centre of Nautiluses hitbox on my first try, it's edges that matter. This hits Nautilus without any movement.
    Last edited by TheShrike; 2012-09-25 at 10:43 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Heya ladies and gents.

I can't last hit (well).

I've met a 2k+ elo AD carry on EU West who went AD reds/quints and various ideas such as Mana Regen yellows or CDR blues. He also ran the AD/Armor/Magic Resist/AD for harder lanes but otherwise he said that his playstyle rarely has him get hurt. But that's a really experienced AD carry player speaking. I figure Seals and Glyphs are overkill in your case. Just get that last hitting down instead of relying on a crutch, I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

Are you entirely sure? I've seen it said a few places that it's the edge of the hitbox that matters.

EDIT: A quick test shows that unless I've managed to find the exact centre of Nautiluses hitbox on my first try, it's edges that matter. This hits Nautilus without any movement.
    Doesn't the white circle sometimes under-estimate actual range, though?

25. - Top - End - #385

I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that when that little circle touches his foot, I can hit him. When I moved very slightly away, Annie had to take a half-step towards him to attack.

EDIT: Oh, and we actually continued messing around for a while after that as well.
    Last edited by TheShrike; 2012-09-26 at 12:36 AM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh, and I rented Borderlands so that's where I've been the last few days >.>
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #387
    Orc in the Playground

Ha! My most recent win just tipped me over the scales. 199 wins, 198 losses. I am officially less awful than awesome.
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    Ha! My most recent win just tipped me over the scales. 199 wins, 198 losses. I am officially less awful than awesome.
    Sweet. My latest win now officially put be back into having 100 more wins than losses. But its awesome that you're positive. Its a good statistic to have.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think the seals and glyphs are worth it, but if you played certain champs, you'd do fine. Ezreal and Caitlyn come to mind, since their range makes up for the general squishyness this page would give them. Graves and Draven might also work, just cause of how bursty-well they scale with AD, but you're going for kill-lane power with those guys, I'd expect.
    & Vayne's too squishy to not have armor runes on, right?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

30. - Top - End - #390

Vayne's range is too short not to have armour runes. She already has trouble laning, don't gimp it more by not taking armour.