New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Is it just me, or would Nashor's Tooth be a pretty good item on Lulu? Aspd for the passive, CDR and AP for everything else.

Because really, if your passive can be better used when you give it to an ally that doesn't seem too good.
    Yeah, basically what MathMage said. Glass cannon item on bruiser Lulu is not so good, too much money on AS for AP Lulu, etc.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

Y'know, the League forums really need people like Roland and the Mod Squad who know how to do their jobs well. Would make it much more tolerable to be in.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Bugbear in the Playground

Played AP Eve mid, went 9/0/12 against a Gragas. Game was a total shutout. Malphite, at one point, stayed top behind his tower, not even going back, while I was clearly nowhere to be seen on the map. He had about 50 health left, until I waltzed out of a bush and hit Q.

End of game, I mention it was my first time playing Eve as an AP mid. Our Rumble tells me I have to build a DFG. One of my other team-mates points out my score and says 'Clearly he doesn't.'

Good times.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    Y'know, the League forums really need people like Roland and the Mod Squad who know how to do their jobs well. Would make it much more tolerable to be in.
    This I agree. But they need an army of Rolands, less they won't get any sleep for 6 months.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Troll in the Playground

So last night I learned that volunteering to play 1v2 on Proving grounds is a bad idea.

Especially when between them, the two you're playing against have about four years of experience over you.

AP Taric/AP Sona completely wrecked me as Kog'Maw, as I expected. 4/11 and dead in 14:05.

On the bright side I managed to (to cut a long story short) ace them with Icathian Surprise and quote Captain Ahab in all-chat, so I suppose it's all good.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    End of game, I mention it was my first time playing Eve as an AP mid. Our Rumble tells me I have to build a DFG. One of my other team-mates points out my score and says 'Clearly he doesn't.'
    That's just awesome. Clearly he deserved some honor, no?

(On a side note, DFG is normally core on AP Eve, afaik, but if you're getting that kind of success without it, w/e)
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

7. - Top - End - #1267

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    So last night I learned that volunteering to play 1v2 on Proving grounds is a bad idea.

Especially when between them, the two you're playing against have about four years of experience over you.

AP Taric/AP Sona completely wrecked me as Kog'Maw, as I expected. 4/11 and dead in 14:05.

On the bright side I managed to (to cut a long story short) ace them with Icathian Surprise and quote Captain Ahab in all-chat, so I suppose it's all good.
    I volunteered to play a 1v3 mid only in Summoner's Rift, and as expected totally stomped. Granted, one player wasn't level 30, one is barely better than him and one is leagues above the other two, but still far below me in skill.

Then I picked Morde.

8. - Top - End - #1268

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    That's just awesome. Clearly he deserved some honor, no?

(On a side note, DFG is normally core on AP Eve, afaik, but if you're getting that kind of success without it, w/e)
    I was aiming to get it, and had my Kage's, but I felt getting Revolver+Lichbane was going to be more helpful for my style midgame. Didn't want to be dependent on an active for that much of my burst, since getting DFG would have meant giving up Lichbane until much later.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Troll in the Playground

So I figured out why 1v2 wasn't working for me.

Spoiler
    Show

Should've gone 1v3.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    Played AP Eve mid, went 9/0/12 against a Gragas. Game was a total shutout. Malphite, at one point, stayed top behind his tower, not even going back, while I was clearly nowhere to be seen on the map. He had about 50 health left, until I waltzed out of a bush and hit Q.

Good times.
    How do you play AP Eve, by the way? I've seen it once or twice and wanted to give it a go; I played against it as Swain, and apart from having to call MIA every five seconds, it didn't seem that scary, though Swain is scary if you can land his snare.

What does AP Eve focus on leveling? Q for farming/DPS? W for speed boost when ganking? E for burst? I'm assuming she builds something like:
    Revolver > Deathcap > DFG > Lichbane > Gunblade?

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Troll in the Playground

AP Eve is R>Q>E>W, boots+3 > 1x or 2x doran's > kage's > DFG > mobility or sorcs > Deathcap or Abyssal > Void Staff or Deathcap, AFAIK.

Last two slots should probably be some combination of Zhonya's, Guardian Angel, the MPen item you didn't buy, and perhaps Lichbane.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-10-16 at 07:24 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ettin in the Playground

So what are people's thoughts on the coming jungle changes?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...59813#30259813

EDIT: And this is also one hell of a free week. I have 5 champions I want to try
    Brace yourselves, Sona/Ezreal lanes are coming

13. - Top - End - #1273

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post

EDIT: And this is also one hell of a free week. I have 5 champions I want to try
    Definitely look forward to this. I've noticed that recently as jungle I really do either tend to snowball way ahead, or else end up floundering and trying desperately to find a way back into the game. It'll be interesting to see how much tougher they decide to make the camps. Are junglers still going to do wolves/wraiths before their first buff camp? If I remember correctly, in the old jungle they couldn't; blue/red were quite a challenge to take at level one even from full health. Also interested to see what this does with regards to double golems - right now most junglers ignore them for the beginning of the game because they're considered too tough for the reward they give.

It will be nice to see sustain junglers having a place now. I learned WW way back, but now... yes, he's very safe in the jungle. But turns out that means pretty much nothing when *everyone* is safe in the jungle. Also hoping this gives Fiddles a good place again.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, I'm not aware of individual names on the league forums, but Iaw definitely made some very good points.
    Yeah... I knew of him as one of the greats. :(

Bet this is deliberate as an attempt to see just how OP they are. (Mainly ez)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Are junglers still going to do wolves/wraiths before their first buff camp? If I remember correctly, in the old jungle they couldn't; blue/red were quite a challenge to take at level one even from full health.
    They've always been able too, just that most players don't know how to leash properly so they wouldn't. That has changed now, and players know how to leash properly.

I'm excited because I want WW to be viable again.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

I think 1v2 on the PG map is a wonderful thing. At first you learn how to try and work with a hopeless situation as best you can, then you learn to say 'eff this, jukes for charity'.

You can never been good enough at juking. Ever.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

So I figured out why 1v2 wasn't working for me.

Spoiler
    Show

snip

Should've gone 1v3.
    Hahahaha. Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Bet this is deliberate as an attempt to see just how OP they are. (Mainly ez)
    Only as OP as the Arcade Sona and PFE skins.

19. - Top - End - #1279

someone summarize the jungle change? can't access the site to look for myself at the moment.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

Jungle camps give more gold and are harder to kill, the gold gain is based on game time (more time -> more gold gain from killing them), so that more offensive item-based junglers work and can do more than 'snowball or gp/10'.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    someone summarize the jungle change? can't access the site to look for myself at the moment.
    They want to mix things up in the jungle by making the creeps stronger, give more gold over time, and try to buff certain offensive capabilities to make jungling more dynamic and thus getting it out of it's stagnat position.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

22. - Top - End - #1282

Could've sworn they tried that already somewhere in the early days of jungle 2.0, and scores of dead/underleveled jungler caused them to nerf jungle to its current form.

Unless they mean to buff late game jungle so that jungling difficulty doesn't decrease but you get more reward.

Sometimes it really does seem like Riot just keep doing the same buff/nerf cycle over and over.
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2012-10-16 at 12:04 PM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

23. - Top - End - #1283

I feel like there was an intiative a while ago to "balance out the jungle by lowering the gold generated by the neutral minions" or something along those lines about a year ago... Now this seems like its running in circles, but real-time game design and balancing is a process so there will be spikes in both directions.. plus riot like throwing a wrench in the current meta to shake things up a bit. So long as this doesn't spiral out like Xin Zhao release was...-shudders- I think it'll be fine. People will play more aggressive Jungle champions that tend to favor top lane to allow multiple of those champions on the team. Currently it seems to me people favor junglers with a more...supportive based gank ability rather than someone who's mainly damage based. You have a couple you see from time to time that are typical fighter carries or something along those lines.. but generally those characters favor top lane because they're farm heavy and item dependent.. Pantheon, Jax, Riven, Tryndamere, Darius... They're really strong top lanes, while Amumu is a better ganker with his stun/snare/aoe % damage.

The other reason you see these champions go top IMO is because of the risk factor of jungling. Jungling relies on its gold and these champions, as said before, are item dependent and farm heavy champions. I'd rather take reliable income with some gank boosts rather than low income with a chance of gank boosts. This update will help those more farm reliant champions that WOULD be good junglers start jungling. (Except Darius probably.. but just because he's such a good bully TOP lane)
    -Wrath
    "If you can, then do. If you cannot, then find a way so you can."
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

24. - Top - End - #1284

Could've sworn they tried that already somewhere in the early days of jungle 2.0, and scores of dead/underleveled jungler caused them to nerf jungle to its current form.
    The monsters were a lot stronger in the S1 jungle, but Riot feels they've nerfed it too much to the other side. They want to come out somewhere in the middle , so there's more advantage to not going GP5 and farming the jungle. This way, older sustain junglers that did well in the early jungle and fell off now (Warwick, Fiddle) get a spike in viability, too.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm taking a wait-and-see approach.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

26. - Top - End - #1286

Unless they mean to buff late game jungle so that jungling difficulty doesn't decrease but you get more reward.

Sometimes it really does seem like Riot just keep doing the same buff/nerf cycle over and over.
    In the early days of Jungle 2.0, creeps were scaling much harder than the gold/exp they generated. The jungle was definitely easier than the old version, but by 15 minutes in or so the creeps had huge pools of health and it just wasn't worth the effort of grinding them down for the rather meager reward they gave.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    I'm excited because I want WW to be viable again.
    I want lanewick to be ridiculous again. Oh, man, with his Q change and the introduction of AUG I want to play AP WW so very, very much. The jungle doesn't support that very well.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

I was wondering about making a Team Void, and they're missing a support.

Void Lulu. Why isn't this a thing? Why isn't this a skin? A legendary skin? With all-new effects?

Change Pix so that it shoots spikes. Transmogrify transmogrifies the enemy into a weird void-thing. Growing bigger comboes well with Cho'Gath because it's hilarious. It's perfect!

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ettin in the Playground

The results sound like at least a bit of an improvement, but the transition is going to be 100% annoying for us primary junglers, since we're going to have re-learn *EVERYTHING*, including every jungler's normal routes and weaknesses.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    The results sound like at least a bit of an improvement, but the transition is going to be 100% annoying for us primary junglers, since we're going to have re-learn *EVERYTHING*, including every jungler's normal routes and weaknesses.
    I didn't jungle for a long time because of this. I just got back into the jungle and they're doing it to me again!