New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave VI: What Is a Mag? A Miserable Little Pile of Circuits!

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Monster Mash - Carrie & Angie & Tobias]

Between Carries huffiness and Tobias flirtation Angie breaks down laughing obviously finding both of them very amusing.
    Daaaaad, that's creepy! Also I'm taken like three to four times over, jeez...
    ... She is not strong enough. The giggles take her as well.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave VI: What Is a Mag? A Miserable Little Pile of Circuits!

Monster Mash - Discotok, Ruby-Caelynn, and Weeping Lady-Charity

Charity smiles, making the Weeping Woman look even more terrifying. "I know. I'm hard to look at, but you have to admit it fits the theme."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Monster Mash - Discotok, Ruby-Caelynn, and Weeping Lady-Charity

Magtok bites back the urge to shudder when he sees Charity's costume. He's seen a lot of horrible, terrifying monsters, experienced a wide gamut of human suffering and happiness, and was there for almost every apocalypse, but somehow that cubist face is absolutely awful. At least the catgirl in the dress from some web series doesn't seem quite so difficult to look at.

"Hello Charity, stranger. Yes, I'm Magtok."

Table for Two

Magtok shrugs. "Sparring right here in the MagCave, then? I think I could find an open space somewhere for pretend fight."
    Celica offers a hand to shake. Magtok may notice Caelynn is wearing silver bracers under her costume.
    Glad to meet you! I'm Caelynn.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Barbarian in the Playground

Monster Mash - Disco, Weeping Lady, and Ruby

Discotok shakes the hand warily, eying the silver bracers suspiciously. Nah, nothing to worry about, I'm sure. I mean, nobody would really be so bold as to try to attack him via a handshake, at his own party, in his own home, right? No, of course not. He should stop worrying and just relax, everything will be fine.

"Charmed. Hope you're enjoying the party? And does it? I'm going to be honest, Charity, I don't know much of anything about high art. If there's a story there, I'd love to hear it. Hear it while awkwardly avoiding eye contact for fear that observing it too long will make your mask start magically contorting and then lunge out and bite my face."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Troll in the Playground

"The Weeping Woman is a painting by Picasso, a great artist from my homeworld. He was depicting the suffering of war, after a village in his homeland became the first civilian population in our world to experience carpet bombing," Charity says. She looks at Caelynn. "Are you ignoring me on purpose?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #1296

Monster Mash

The bracers have electrum inlays on it in the design of a rose with a lightning bolt for the stem
    So far.
    Well, maybe because of the phrase "Scared to Death".
    What? No!
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-10-25 at 01:58 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria spots the other She-Hulk and heads over to her.

Greaat minds think alike, I see.

Table for Two

Magtok shrugs. "Sparring right here in the MagCave, then? I think I could find an open space somewhere for pretend fight."
    Now that sounds much better.

Gotta work on those skills.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

8. - Top - End - #1298

Magtok holds his tongue, letting this play out before he injects himself back into the conversation. He watches them both (though obviously Caelynn more than Charity), ready to jump in and assume the role of neutral arbitrator, on the off-chance this gets ugly.

Table for Two

Magtok starts finishing up that steak. "I'd have to insist in advance that you not take anything I say personally, though. Daedra knows you just as well as you know her, and she'll be trying to exploit any and all advantages she can get. Toning down the banter would just be a disservice to you later, even if it'd be more polite here and now."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Troll in the Playground

"This isn't scary. War is scary." Charity says to Caelynn. "Magtok, have you spoken to Sunny lately?"

Monster Mash - She Hulks

"Oh? My friend picked out this costume. I do not understand it," Nora says to Felandria.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1300

Monster Mash

It... Kinda is. War is terrifying though. I know that well.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground

[Monster Mash - Valente, Astrana, and Angie]

Subtlety is rare in the Nexus as well. When I first came here it was at the tail end of the regin of a naked emporer who lived in a castle in the clouds. Oh and watch what you drink, parties here often have someone spiking the punch with some magical potions." A faint blush appears on her face as she remembers the last party she came to in the Nexus and what, and who, she did that night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Astrana looks down at her glass. "...I'm not feeling anything, are you? If someone spiked all these drinks without anyone noticing, I think we know who to blame at least." The tiefling says with a glance at Magtok. Not that she actually though the drinks were spiked in the first place. "But some drugs would liven up the party though." She teases.

Valente looks down at his drink, almost suspiciously. "I think I prefer my drinks unspiked. Regular old alcohol is plenty for me." Heck, Valente doesn't even have much experience drinking even that. He's never actually been drunk. Regardless of the idea that the drinks could possibly be spiked, he takes a sip.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It seems early in the night for someone to spike the drinks yet. If you start to see people start to change gender, or start making out with each other, then check your drinks. Though the last one might happen anyways. Either that or someone will try to kill someone." Angie perdicts glancing around the room. She frowns a bit seeing the table with the fortune teller/deadtime talker. "It does seem pretty calm at the moment."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Day of the Deadtimed]

Lady Dickinson (for that is her name) quietly intones a few magic words, and the orb glows, as it accesses the weakened dimensional barriers that hold so many of the lost...

((What someone sees and happens from here is up to the player. ))
    Sophie peers into the crystal, and sees blurry, flashing images of that day she first met Tarin. The fae was surprised she could see her... and that there are better ways to find people for her tea parties than hooking them on a fishing rod. It's so strange to hear her own voice explain it to her...

The Hunter blinks back a stray tear.

"I... thank you. It's a good memory."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Orc in the Playground

Table for Two

Magtok starts finishing up that steak. "I'd have to insist in advance that you not take anything I say personally, though. Daedra knows you just as well as you know her, and she'll be trying to exploit any and all advantages she can get. Toning down the banter would just be a disservice to you later, even if it'd be more polite here and now."
    completely understand, I'm a big girl, I can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Monster Mash - She Hulks

"Oh? My friend picked out this costume. I do not understand it," Nora says to Felandria.
    Felandria smiles and sits down on the floor.

You're dressed like the best superhero ever.

See, so many of the other heroes, they whine and moan about their lives, they dwell on the tragedies, the loss of family members, the responsibility of their duties, the constant dangers they face everyday.

But not She Hulk.

She is so grateful for her powers and her life, okay, she used to be just an ordinary girl, right?

Well, she got shot and was about to die, but her cousin, Bruce Banner, gave her a blood transfusion.

But her cousin was secretly the Hulk, and she got new powers, she could become tall, strong and beautiful.

And she loves every minute of it.

At one point, something happened to her, and she was stuck as the She Hulk, she couldn't become normal anymore.

And when she was told that she was stuck as the She Hulk, the first words out of her mouth?

What's the bad news?

She embraces who she is, she has this incredible gift, she doesn't complain, she does what's right, and she couldn't be happier.

That's why she's my favorite superhero, because she's not like everyone else, and she doesn't want to be, she's different, she's special, and she loves who she is.

She wouldn't give it up for anything.

She's my hero.

15. - Top - End - #1305

Monster Mash

Spoiler: Weeping Lady Costume Chat
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Monster Mash

It... Kinda is. War is terrifying though. I know that well.
    [QUOTE=happyturtle;16290704]Monster Mash - Disco, Weeping Lady, and Ruby

"This isn't scary. War is scary." Charity says to Caelynn. "Magtok, have you spoken to Sunny lately?"

"I haven't. She's still upset about the MagSat thing. The thing where, during a time of war, I tried to bomb myself and the enemy, and only succeeded in hurting a lot of civilians. Wow, that...that's not a coincidence, is it?"

Magtok raises an eyebrow at the ugly face Charity's hidden behind, while idly considering a means by which to bring Caelynn back into the conversation. He'd rather not see another Sophie/Invidia situation, especially seeing as Caelynn is actually the one he'd rather be talking to right now. No burnt bridges or ugly history with her; he's never even met her before.

Table for Two

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    I completely understand, I'm a big girl, I can handle it.

"I'll have to hope you're a woman of your word, then." Magtok stands up from the table, and pulls out a toy lightsaber and some sort of Nerf gun. "Let's start things off simple. First jab, you fight like a cow," he announces, swinging the saber towards her face. It doesn't look like he's holding back, either. Insofar as someone using a toy lightsaber could be said to not be holding back, I mean.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-10-25 at 11:38 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Orc in the Playground

Table for Two

"I'll have to hope you're a woman of your word, then." Magtok stands up from the table, and pulls out a toy lightsaber and some sort of Nerf gun. "Let's start things off simple. First jab, you fight like a cow," he announces, swinging the saber towards her face. It doesn't look like he's holding back, either. Insofar as someone using a toy lightsaber could be said to not be holding back, I mean.
    Felandria dodges the blow as she gets up from the table.

Okay, uh...

You.....have a jerk face.

No, that sucks.

Um........

I'll kick your butt so hard you cry and your face will rust.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Troll in the Playground

Monster Mash - Weeping Woman, Ruby, Disco

"You're so vain you probably think this costume's about you?"
    Charity says. "If it makes you less likely to drop bombs, then go ahead ad think so. But Sunny... well, she found out about Reinholdt getting clones."

She-Hulks

"I... see..." Nora says. "But I don't understand... why does her name include her gender?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #1308

Monster Mash: Ruby, Weeping, and Disco

Who's Sunny?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

Monster Mash

Well, Reina's conversation partner might be a while, so gentle plot clone time.

Hela in particular is heading over to Morticia Addams, seeing her free.
    "Hello." Hela says, doing a curtsy attempt from someone who has no experience at all at it. "Who are you?" She means the costume, but saying 'who are you supposed to be' feels just a little rude, so she tried to be more tactful and leave it a little open for interpretation.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #1310

Diner Dinner Duel

Spoiler: Insult Swordfighting
    Show
    Felandria dodges the blow as she gets up from the table.

Okay, uh...

You.....have a jerk face.

No, that sucks.

Um........

I'll kick your butt so hard you cry and your face will rust.

"Weaksauce. You're supposed to be fighting me as you speak, too. Find something and fight with it. I can teleport something in if you need me to. A chair, your fists, a foam sword, whatever. Also, don't tell me what you're going to do to me, just do it. Look for chinks in my armor, weaknesses you can exploit. My face is a good one. I'm a vain megalomaniac all about image, so if you can say something that really cuts deep there, you might have a chance."

Magtok steps up onto his chair and then onto the table, leaping into the air to swing the lightsaber down at Felandria. He does a lot to telegraph the attack, pulling a crazy stunt like that. She should have more than enough time to get out of the way.

"The only tears being shed tonight will be your own, my dear giantess! Once the Giant Doomsday Plot Device is in position and your lover is ashes, you'll wish you had pledged fealty to me when you had the chance!"

Monster Mash

Spoiler
    Show
    Monster Mash - Weeping Woman, Ruby, Disco

"You're so vain you probably think this costume's about you?"
    Charity says. "If it makes you less likely to drop bombs, then go ahead ad think so. But Sunny... well, she found out about Reinholdt getting clones."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Monster Mash: Ruby, Weeping, and Disco

Who's Sunny?

"A former intern of mine, and Charity's sister. She works with Remnant now, blames me for some things. As for Reinholdt, he stole that cloning tech. If she wants to hate me for what happened with MagSat, that's fine. I'm willing to concede it was my fault and I deserve to have someone hate me for that. I'm not collaborating with the cat, though."

Liar. You're collaborating with Reina, and you know it! Admittedly, it's on business unrelated to clones, and part of your motive in that stems from wanting to prevent her from getting up to any sort of evil apocalypse nonsense, but that still counts!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Troll in the Playground

Monster Mash - Discotok etc

Charity shakes her head. "She doesn't blame you for that. She hasn't even mentioned you. But ever since then, she's been working crazy hours, falling asleep at her lab bench, barely spending time with Carl and Luke. I've tried to get through to her, but she insists nothing's wrong. Carl's worried sick. I thought maybe if you tried...."

Monster Mash - Hela and Morticia Addams

"Morticia Addams, from a classic television show. And you?" Willow asks, not recognizing Reina's costume either.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Orc in the Playground

She-Hulks

"I... see..." Nora says. "But I don't understand... why does her name include her gender?"
    Well, her cousin gave her her powers, and he was called the Hulk, so she calls herself She Hulk as a tribute to him.

Diner Dinner Duel

"Weaksauce. You're supposed to be fighting me as you speak, too. Find something and fight with it. I can teleport something in if you need me to. A chair, your fists, a foam sword, whatever. Also, don't tell me what you're going to do to me, just do it. Look for chinks in my armor, weaknesses you can exploit. My face is a good one. I'm a vain megalomaniac all about image, so if you can say something that really cuts deep there, you might have a chance."

Magtok steps up onto his chair and then onto the table, leaping into the air to swing the lightsaber down at Felandria. He does a lot to telegraph the attack, pulling a crazy stunt like that. She should have more than enough time to get out of the way.

"The only tears being shed tonight will be your own, my dear giantess! Once the Giant Doomsday Plot Device is in position and your lover is ashes, you'll wish you had pledged fealty to me when you had the chance!"
    Felandria listens to Magtok a little too well...

A lovely dinner party you've thrown.

Let me return the favor.

As she grabs him from midair and flings him across the room.

Last edited by Felandria; 2013-10-26 at 02:43 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1313

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Valente looks down at his drink, almost suspiciously. "I think I prefer my drinks unspiked. Regular old alcohol is plenty for me." Heck, Valente doesn't even have much experience drinking even that. He's never actually been drunk. Regardless of the idea that the drinks could possibly be spiked, he takes a sip.

"It seems early in the night for someone to spike the drinks yet. If you start to see people start to change gender, or start making out with each other, then check your drinks. Though the last one might happen anyways. Either that or someone will try to kill someone." Angie perdicts glancing around the room. She frowns a bit seeing the table with the fortune teller/deadtime talker. "It does seem pretty calm at the moment."

"Too bad." Astrana muses with a smile on her lips. "Then again, you should never wish for something exciting to happen as it just might. I should know." She chuckles. "But are you from HALO as well? I'm kind of curious about the organizations."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-10-26 at 02:44 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Troll in the Playground

Well, her cousin gave her her powers, and he was called the Hulk, so she calls herself She Hulk as a tribute to him.

"If I were her, I would have chosen a synonym. Behemoth or Hefty or Shipwreck perhaps."
    Nora says. I really don't think she grasps the concept of superheros or comics at all.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, I've heard a bunch about them, but you don't really see much in Riverside." Except AMEN of course, but that was a factor in them moving away from Riverside to begin with. "HALO... Fights criminals and stuff, right?" He doesn't say 'evil' because that just sounds ridiculous to his ears. They might be assuming too much about Angie's knowledge, but they'll soon find out.

26. - Top - End - #1316

Monster Mash - Discotok etc

Charity shakes her head. "She doesn't blame you for that. She hasn't even mentioned you. But ever since then, she's been working crazy hours, falling asleep at her lab bench, barely spending time with Carl and Luke. I've tried to get through to her, but she insists nothing's wrong. Carl's worried sick. I thought maybe if you tried...."
    Caelynn simply listens and can be skipped unless addressed.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I was." She sounds like she isn't quite sure of her current status with the group. "For awhile I was actually leading it. Then I parted ways with the group and haven't really started working with them again."

Angie would probably disagree about fighting evil as being ridiculus. But that just runs in her family. "Yes HALO was created to fight the good fight so to speak. A much more... powerful isn't the right word. Martial group then say GLoG, another good orginization that focuses more on redemption and chairity. It sounds like Angie thinks highly of GLoG's mission.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

28. - Top - End - #1318

Monster Mash

"I can try, but I can't make any promises." Magtok frowns, deeply bothered by this news. If her husband and son aren't enough to get her out of this funk, what hope does Magtok have? He's terrible at helping people, he only knows how to help himself.

"You sure she'd even let me, though? I mean, we haven't spoken since MagSat, so..."

Seriously, he doesn't even know where to begin with this. She took MagSat away without a word, and it's not like he can promise that he'll go on a Reinholdt genocide for her. I mean, he could try, but it's very unlikely to ever succeed.

Dinner Duel

"Bravo! Wordplay! It wasn't immediately obvious what you did there until after my banged my head against a wall! Now, this is usually where the bad guy would probably say something about you throwing like a girl, but that line is so trite even Ridiculous Pretend Nemesis Magtok isn't lame enough to go there."

Magtok hovers back to his feet. He hit the wall, but nowhere near as hard as he could've, thanks to that little levitation trick of his. Honestly, I think the only reason he impacted against the wall at all was because he decided it'd just be too lame to counter the throw entirely. That encouraging smile of his suddenly vanishes once more as he goes back into Cartoonish Self-Parody mode, his voice reclaiming that cold, vicious edge to it.

"Such churlish acts of violence will get you nowhere, godling. I possess all the cunning, resources, and charm you wish you could be capable of. You haven't a snowball's chance in hell of besting me, especially not here, in my own lair! Cease this pointless charade, and I'll allow you a quick, dignified end. Beg, and I might just be persuaded to keep you as a pet."

He brings up that Nerf gun, scowling as he puts Felandria in his sights, and squeezes the trigger. A Nerf dart flies at the giantess. A nerf dart, I should clarify, that's been soaked in an unusual substance that will explode in a small kinetic blast of force once it hits something. Getting stuck with one would feel like getting kicked in the gut, but shouldn't do any real damage beyond that. A fancy sort of 'rubber bullet', if you will.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-10-27 at 09:51 AM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground

Monster Mash - Hela and Morticia Addams

"Morticia Addams, from a classic television show. And you?" Willow asks, not recognizing Reina's costume either.
    Monster Mash - Hela and Morticia

"I'm Hela, keeper of Asgardian souls who don't die in battle, according to Marvel legend." Reina explains.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

Monster Mash - Discotok

"Maybe she won't. I know she was angry at you, and she's the world's worst for holding a grudge. But I can't just give up on her,"
    Charity says. "I hope you won't either."

MM - Hela and Morticia

"Ah. Comic books are more of my younger sister's thing," Morticia says. "Did you see the two She-Hulks? How embarrassing is that?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs