New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside V

[Electronics Asylum]

A slim woman of no particular height slips inside the store. She's blonde, with hair nearly as pale as her skin and dark, watery eyes. Her sharp, stark features are pretty enough to make cover models jealous - if they weren't so obviously unnatural.

Kailee the android flicks her gaze around the room, hesitant to go any further. What if the cashier's seen Elexxion's ads? The rewards for her capture? What will she do then?

"Ashley, I'm afraid," she whispers to the young woman who's hopefully still beside her.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-02-24 at 10:49 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #932
    Barbarian in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

Ashley likely provides a bit of a contrast to Kailee, with her only unusual feature being her slightly pointed ears that mark her as a half-elf.

"Don't worry, we won't be here long," Ashley replies. "I'll keep you safe." She glances inside the store, not understanding any of the items inside.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

The store keeper walks up. She's wearing a burgundy sweater, thick glasses, and name tag identifying her as Eliza, and a smile that almost radiates exuberance.

"Hello and welcome to the Electronics asylum! I'm Eliza Hexidecimal, and I'm not a robot! How may I help you today?"

4. - Top - End - #934
    Bugbear in the Playground

Baby Shopping

There is much changing of outfits! After about half an hour, Gala has picked out five shirts; four jeans and one pair of black trousers; and two hoodies - one red and one dark grey. Once Gala is satisfied, she smiles at Nadia. "I believe this will be more than sufficient. Thank you very much for your guidance. I am in your debt." She nods deeply, and will move to walk out of the store.
    Hang on Gala you need to pay for that! D:
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

[Baby Shopping]

"Oh, Gala wait." Nadia says before the android can get too far. "You've got to pay for those too, remember? Just bring what you're buying up to the woman at the counter there."

6. - Top - End - #936
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

[Mallside to Bunny Ears Boutique]
    August strides into Mallside and takes in the scenery. Escalators, elevators, neon signs… it was all a kind of magic he couldn't in his wildest dreams ever have imagined. After finding a sign with a map of the remarkable structure, he charts his course to the Bunny Ears Boutique, his boots clacking hard on the marble surface with each step.

August Tribolde reaches the green, fluffy entrance to the store. His lip curls at the general cuteness of it, but still… this is the place the anise recommended. He takes a stabilizing breath, and walks in. The smells of nature are at least soothing to him. The forest theme reminds him vaguely of his hunting grounds back home.

It's then that he notices two rabbit-eared females finishing up with a customer and then turning to wave him in. He struts over to them and flips his cape back over his shoulders, peacocking as much as he can to demonstrate his wealth and importance.

"I seek new attire… one more suitable to the Nexus. What is in fashion here? I desire something of quality without being ostentatious." An ironic request, considering his current getup.

How August Tribolde is dressed:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black Velvet Tunic, with a gray skull embroidery
    Crimson Belt with Silver Buckle
    Sleek Black Leather Breeches
    High Black Riding Boots, polished to a shine, and from the sounds of it, with taps on the bottom of his soles
    A long black cape with the symbol of a gauntlet holding 6 crimson arrows.
    An ornate dagger with an intricately patterned silver sheath.

He basically could pass for a cosplay of the Sherriff of Rottingam from Men In Tights.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

7. - Top - End - #937
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Doo Wop Diddies Concert

The concert goes on for another half hour or so (which can be acted out if anyone interacts with them a bit more, but otherwise can be considered timeskipped), and at the end all the orphans are lead back to their home. As the rest of the clerics, priests, nuns, and monks start cleaning up, Taul and Arla go through the crowds smiling and thanking people while Plat heads off to MagMart to try and link up with Willow and Wendy.
    Doo Wop Diddies Concert

They may want to talk with the giant stone skorpion who listened to the show as well. After all they should find small crystal shardes between the donations, coming from the scorpions tail. They aren't worth much, but at least more than nothing right?

The scorpion won't head over to the groupe until the kids are gone, since you know giant stone scorpions tend to scare them.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #938
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Wandering the Mall]

Yuki flies up to the mall and lands by the front doors. She had been feeling a bit cooped up at GLoG and decided to fly into the city to explore some. When she spotted the large mall she figured that would be a good place to wander around for awhile and get her mind off her problems. She walks through the halls of the mall eyes wide trying to look at everything at once. She doesn't have any money to spend but will be more then happy to browse through many of the stores. She finds the mask shop fascanating and spends nearly an hour looking through all the different types of masks. A similar experiance in the hat shop, but she tries on more hats then masks. She wanders through the arcade looking more then a little intimidated by all the lights and sounds. She spends sometime watching a group of kids play Dance Dance Revolution before wandering off to the food court. She spends sometime there smelling all the food which makes her very hungry. In an effort to get away from all the delicious smells Yuki finds her way to the fountain where she takes a seat and just watches people for a bit.

((Interaction Welcomed))
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

9. - Top - End - #939

Wandering the Mall

Yuki may spot a woman in a white, hooded robe carrying several bladed weapons on her walking towards the fountain as well. This is the first time that Iamar has been in the mall, even though she's spotted it several times on patrol, and this fountain is very interesting to her.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Fountain]

Yuki does notice the robed woman and wonders to herself what she could use so many blades for. Yuki is wearing second hand winter clothing, a pair of jeans and a thick wool sweater, she also has a pair of white feathered wings coming out of her back. Yuki catches herself staring at all the weapons and looks up at the woman with a smile. "Hello."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

11. - Top - End - #941

Fountain

Iamar looks back at the other woman upon her greeting. Yuki will probably be able to tell, despite the hood obscuring her upper face, that she is of Middle Eastern descent, if she knows what that means. She'll also probably notice she's missing a ring finger.

Some time ago, Iamar likely would have been distracted by the white wings. Nowadays, it's just part of her daily routine. So she nods to Yuki. "Good day."

12. - Top - End - #942
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fountain

Probably cut off her finger with all those bladed weapons. Yuki not knowing the first thing about the Middle east or it's culture so any insight that might give her go right over her head.

Yuki in an effort to be more outgoing keeps speaking to the other woman. "It is a really beautiful fountain. This whole mall is really impressive."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

13. - Top - End - #943

Fountain

"This is the first time I've seen it. I've only been near here before," Iamar says, "I am inclined to agree, though."

14. - Top - End - #944
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fountain

"Really this is my first time visiting here myself. I've just been killing time looking around the place." She says hoping she isn't wasting this womans time. Yuki is just feeling a bit bored and is happy to find someone to talk to.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

15. - Top - End - #945

Fountain

"I'm not sure where to start myself. This place is much larger than any od the markets from my home," Iamar says. She glances around a bit at the stores.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fountain

"This whole city seems like that sometimes." The stragness of the Nexus has never really bothered Yuki. The size of it though often tends to make her nervous. "Are you looking for anything in particular?" Yuki had been wandering around, maybe she had seen something that could help.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

17. - Top - End - #947

Fountain

"Nothing in particular. I only came here because I'd seen it so much on patrol," Iamar says while turning to fully face Yuki. If this conversation was going to keep going, she might as well be polite.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Fountain]

Yuki's eyes flash to the weapons again when Iamar brings up patrol. "What kind of patroling do you do?" Yuki asks curiously. Iamar may get the sense that this young woman is fairly lonely to so quickly hop into a conversation with a stranger.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

19. - Top - End - #949

Fountain

Iamar tends to be very good at reading people - it's a skill she was taught from a young age. "I'm with Remnant. You know of them?"

20. - Top - End - #950
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fountain

Yuki thinks for a few seconds then shakes her head. "Nope, I don't think I remember anything about them." She might have heard the name briefly before she ended up going to GLoG. "Are they some sort of police?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

21. - Top - End - #951

Fountain

"It's the standing force in the city," Iamar explains. "I make regular patrols for them."

22. - Top - End - #952
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fountain

"Oh I see, that sounds exciting." Yuki's grasp of how dangerous the Nexus can really be is a little weak. So far she has been lucky and found the mostly good sides of it.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

23. - Top - End - #953

Fountain

That brings a small smile to Iamar's face. "I don't think I'd say the same." She isn't all too aware of the dangers of the Nexus either, but she's been here long enough to know that it isn't all fun and games.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fountain

Yuki thinks about that for a second then nods. She isn't quite sure how to respond to that. Must be harder then she would think. Anyways, don't let me keep you."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Parking Lot

"Are you kidding? 'Champion in the Dirt' is my cricket teams theme song!"
    Wendy says.

Willow just looks mystified, not being terribly interested in either music or cricket.
    Parking Lot

Plat can't help but chuckle a little bit. "It's always great to meet a fan. If you like, I wouldn't mind giving a few lessons to you." He admits to Wendy before noticing the look on Willow's face. "And perhaps we ought to get on the way. I know some pretty good skating paths through town."

26. - Top - End - #956
    Troll in the Playground

Parking Lot

"Wouldn't mind? That'd be awesome!" Wendy says.

Willow ties back her hair. "Sure, let's go."

Her obvious glumness is more than offset by Wendy's enthusiasm, and it turns out both girls are pretty good at rollerblading. And since I forgot to mention it before, Wendy is wearing a helmet and knee and elbow pads that she wheedled her sister into getting her at Magmart. Willow is going without any protective gear, as she's too vain to spoil her appearance.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #957

[Parking Lot]

A certain college-age half-fiend strolls up at a leisurely pace in front of the mall. Anyone who knows him would know two things: One, he looks...oddly-confident. Like he's at ease with the way things are going, just in general. Considering the day he's had on the way getting here, that expression is directly contradictory to how he should be feeling.

Second, the guy has a shattered arm he's letting hang at his side, and he doesn't seem to be bothered. This is on top of crossbow-bolt wounds in his shattered arm, and his thigh. Neither seem to be bothering him.

Arthur spots Willow, Phity-Plat, and Willow's sister whose name escapes him, but makes a point of looking away when he spots her.

Let her come to me. After all, I'm just here for some coffee.

In all honesty, he wasn't seriously expecting to find Willow here, but he'll capitalize on the opportunity when it invariable presents itself. He continues walking towards the front of the mall, obviously heading for the door.
    Last edited by blackouttwo; 2013-02-27 at 02:32 PM.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

28. - Top - End - #958
    Troll in the Playground

Parking Lot

Willow spots Arthur and suddenly her attention is arrested, to the point where she careens off course and has to catch herself against a lightpost.

What is he doing here?

I told him I needed a week and...

... What the hell is wrong with his arm?!

... Was it the goons from last night? Are they back?

.... ****! I can't deal with this right now! I ****ing can't!

Plat and Wendy skate back to check on her after her near mishap. "Race you to the west entrance," she challenges them in a low voice, and immediately skates off, trying to round the corner of the building and get out of Arthur's sight before he notices her.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2013-02-27 at 03:01 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #959

[Parking Lot]

When Willow starts her evasion run, Arthur unexpectedly turns his head. This wasn't the reaction he was expecting. He needs to draw her in, in a way that won't give her an excuse to be angry.

Dammit, she's not going for it. OK, Plan B. Act surprised.

"Willow? What're you doing here?" He calls over, visibly pausing and allowing false surprise to creep into his voice.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

30. - Top - End - #960

Fountain

"Nothing is keeping me right now," Iamar says, though she does take a couple of steps. "It was a pleasure to meet you. What did you say your name was?"