New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] The Stuffy Doll Vs the Playground (V.1 ~ V.28)

Quote Originally Posted by ericgrau View Post
    Keep retrying until the creature rolls a 1 on his save.
    This and your prior attempt seem to have missed the fact that this thing, since version 1, always succeeds on saving throws.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, well if I can get a way to do 1 point of lethal damage to it in mentally activated item form then I think I know how to finish it off from there.

Or assuming no save abilities bypass its regeneration, all it takes is a repeat of the mirror of opposition trick.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-09-26 at 11:48 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NM020110 View Post
    Yes, I believe that I do wish to do so.

Besides, it's nothing that can't be fixed with a liberal application of mind rape and some restrictive orders.
    It's a chicken vs egg scenario in the text. To tired to debate it as I am moving into the 16th cycle

Quote Originally Posted by dextercorvia View Post
    Vile damage bypasses regeneration. Therefore it is not converted into non-lethal damage, and therefore, he is not immune to it.
    Vile damage does indeed bypass regeneration. (I asked an old friend who is completely unaware of this game, and he agreed with you.)

I have a way but I need 2 cohorts capable of 7th level spells. Is it okay to chain leadership and have a cohort with leadership?
    You may use Leadership, but V.16 will have something to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    Seeing as how many of the tricks here are making more liberal use of RAW, I'd say to go for it.
    For the next one I have to make more rules pertaining to leadership since everyone has started using it (this doesn't apply to you if you haven't).

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Tylenol View Post
    I understand. Unfortunately, it is not what I asked.

See, for v15, you copied, verbatim, the regeneration ability of the Tarrasque, which states:

Ignoring the fact that the HP totals also weren't changed, the capacity to be Wished away is explicit in the Tarrasque's regeneration ability.

For the Stuffy Doll, however, there is another quality--immunity to Wish and Miracle--that conflicts with this.

What I want to know is: does the Stuffy Doll's regeneration ability supersede its immunity to Wish, or does its immunity to Wish supersede its regeneration ability? (Both cannot, as written, function the way that they do right now, as one must supersede the other.)
    I copied the Tarrasque's regeneration right out of the SRD. I'll remove that to make it more functioning with Stuffy Doll. For now, I'll say that Immunity is superseded since I'm going off into the 16th version.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    This and your prior attempt seem to have missed the fact that this thing, since version 1, always succeeds on saving throws.
    Actually V.15 was rewritten. Stuffy now has +infinity to saves, and no ability that allows him to succeed on a 1. I'm sure it was an oversight, which I intended to exploit, but since it was already brought up, I'm sure Arcanist would have fixed it for V.16 anyway.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dextercorvia View Post
    Actually V.15 was rewritten. Stuffy now has +infinity to saves, and no ability that allows him to succeed on a 1. I'm sure it was an oversight, which I intended to exploit, but since it was already brought up, I'm sure Arcanist would have fixed it for V.16 anyway.
    "The Stuffy Doll has Infinite SR and can make Any Saving Throw no matter how absurdly high." is still in the "Challenges" section, but not the statblock.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

=>ericgrau
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, well if I can get a way to do 1 point of lethal damage to it in mentally activated item form then I think I know how to finish it off from there.

Or assuming no save abilities bypass its regeneration, all it takes is a repeat of the mirror of opposition trick.
    Hall of Origins prevents this. Someone already thought about it so yeah...

HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF THE PLAYGROUND! I welcome you to enter a competition that test your Pineal Gland. You see the Stuffy Doll is a sort of experiment that I want to start running where I throw a nearly invincible creature in front of you (or on another plane or wherever really) and you try your best to kill it to the best of your abilities. The fun part is that you get

Benefits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Access to 2 spell list with 20th level casting (9th level spells).
    • Unlimited WBL (This does NOT extend to followers and cohorts, you already have enough money).
    • Complete and utter control over how you approach the matter.
    • The Stuffy Doll is 100% immobile.
    • Infinite Leadership is A.O.K in this game.
    • As with all Theoretical Optimization challenges DM's fiat does NOT exist.

However there have to be some challenges of course

Challenges:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • The Stuffy Doll has Infinite SR and can make Any Saving Throw no matter how absurdly high.
    • In 2 rounds the creature will immediately kill you with no saves, no SR and without question.
    • After each victory, the creature is improved in some way shape and form (The location, an additional ability, a change in Creature type, etc.)
    • Diplomacy won't work against this creature.
    • Cohorts and followers are considered "victims" of the Curse if you so choose to use them.

Failed Models 1-13

I welcome you to challenge The Stuffy Doll Version 0.14-0.28

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist
    Stuffy Doll [Monolith V.16]

Size/Type: Huge Undead (Incorporeal)
    Hit Dice: 84,000,000d12 (1,000,000,000HP)
    Initiative: -5
    Speed: 0ft.
    Armor Class: 5,300 (-2 size, -5 dex, +5,297 unnamed), touch 5,300, Flat-Footed 5,300
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+8
    Attack: +0
    Full Attack: +0
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./10ft.
    Special Attacks: Stuffy Doll, Purify, Karma
    Special Qualities: Hall of Origins, Anathematic Secrecy, Spell Immunity, DR 15/-, Fire, Cold, Lightning, Acid & Sonic Resistance 20, Regeneration, Immunity to Ability damage/drain, Wish, Reality Revision, Miracle, Bend Reality, Limited Wish and Vile Damage, Transcended Resurrection-Evolution, Archetypal Shape, Elder Evil Immunities, Planar Rend, Emerald Tablets
    Saves: Fort: +∞ Ref: +∞ Will: +∞ (Automatically Succeeds on a saving throw regardless of circumstance)
    Abilities: Str - , Dex 1, Con 1, Int -, Wis 1, Cha 1
    Skills: None
    Feats: None
    Environment: Hall of Origins [50 miles from the Spire on the Outlands]
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: ∞
    Treasure: Hall of Origins (Magical Location)
    Alignment: Always True Neutral
    Advancement: N/A
    Level Adjustment: N/A

Transcended Resurrection-Evolution (Ex)
    This is the Stuffy Dolls most powerful and important ability. This abilities allows the Stuffy Doll to reform in the Hall of Origin once every 1,000 years, however the Stuffy Doll "learns" from it's previous errors and becomes stronger and stronger each time [Dungeon Master (Game Master) or "Challenge giver" applies a new ability to each incarnation of the Stuffy Doll]. This ability also allows it to extend its "consciousness" outward into Infinity (everything) and target a single creature with its Stuffy Doll ability. Whenever Stuffy Doll can use Stuffy Doll it can also extend it's "consciousness" towards another creature.

Stuffy Doll (Ex)
    Once per day, the Stuffy Doll can declare one target. No matter where that creature is in the Multiverse it will find the creature and kill it. If the creature manages to return to life somehow the stuffy doll will continue to kill it. Regardless of the Stuffy Dolls condition, nothing short of complete destruction will free the targeted creature from this curse. Once this curse is placed upon a creature the target has 2 rounds to response to it before it dies. The subject is automatically aware of being cursed. Creatures unfortunate to be cursed by the Stuffy Doll have there souls completely and utterly destroyed. Nothing is capable of returning them to life after this.

This curse also extends to any Cohorts, followers or allies that it might have (Even Simulacrums and Ice Assassins under the victims control). This explains why many empires have seemingly vanished overnight.

Karma (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll is a living punishment tool and as a result it has learned to share it's pain with a creature that it has cursed. When a Stuffy Doll uses it's Curse upon a creature a link is created between the Stuffy Doll and the target begin to share a soul. In essence, the creature takes any damage that the Stuffy Doll takes with an additional 20 points of damage. This bond only works for damage sent from the victim. For example: Milee is targeted by a Stuffy Doll, Milee attacks the Stuffy doll with a heightened Orb of Sound dealing 23 sonic damage (accounting for resistance). In response, Milee takes 43 damage due to Karma.

The Damage dealt by Karma is Divine damage and bypasses Regeneration.

Purify (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll hates all life, and if given the option would willingly end all life in the Multiverse, however it also has a respect for Death and creatures it kills. Magic disrupts the balance of life and death so the Stuffy Doll respectfully cleanses his victims soul allowing them to continue the grand cycle. The victim is subject to a Disjunction Spell and then in the exact same moment is subject to a Greater Dispel Magic. This ability activates each round whenever an action is possible (on both the Stuffy Dolls and the Victims turn).

Hall of Origins (Ex)
    The Temple that houses the Monolith that is known as the Stuffy Doll houses a cruel secret. The Hall and all the creatures and contents are immune to all Divinations and Clairsentience effects, spells and powers for as long as it remains in the Hall.

Emerald Tablets (Ex)
    Inside the Temple there are tablets that list all things that are absolute truths in creation. Anything not listed in this book simply cannot harm the Stuffy Doll, for it knows that it does not exist. Simulacrums and Ice Assassins based on the Stuffy Doll always turn on their creators and kill them and once they've completed the task, they self-destruct dealing 1d10 damage/HD of the original creature to all creatures within 5ft.

Planar Rend (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll creates a 10 mile radius aura around it that prevents planar travel (Including those replicated by a Wish, Reality Revision, Miracle, Limited Wish, and Bend Reality). Any Gates or planar travels attempts immediately leads the caster/manifester to the City of Sigil. In addition to this Supernatural effects are neutralized entirely when used against creatures within this aura.

Anathematic Secrecy
    This malefic property shrouds an elder evil from discovery by divination spells of a divine origin. Any divine spell of the divination school automatically fails when used to ascertain information about an elder evil. Divination spells that are also arcane function normally if they are cast by a nondivine spellcaster. This ability is always active.

Regeneration (Ex)
    No form of attack deals lethal damage to the Stuffy Doll. The Stuffy Doll regenerates even if it fails a saving throw against a disintegrate spell or a death effect. If the Stuffy Doll fails its save against a spell or effect that would kill it instantly (such as those mentioned above), the spell or effect instead deals nonlethal damage equal to the creature’s full normal hit points +10 (or 868 hp). The Stuffy Doll is immune to effects that produce incurable or bleeding wounds, such as mummy rot, a sword with the wounding special ability, or a clay golem’s cursed wound ability.

I welcome you to confront V.16 of the Stuffy Doll [Monolith V.16]
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-27 at 12:58 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Five bucks says that the Stuffy Doll will pick up the Aleax's Singular Enemy ability at some point.

Also, you missed Bend Reality under Immunities.

To be honest, I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point. I've thrown every TO trick I can come up with at this thing, and it keeps coming back. We need to get some of the more ridiculous optimizers in this thread. The best I can come up with is to teleport through time all the way back to V.1, which was still a humanoid, and steal Stuffy Doll and Transcendent Evolution via Illithid Savant shenanigans, probably using Sanctum Arcane Fusion + Celerity loop to give you the actions to pull it off without causing rounds to pass by.
    Last edited by Chess435; 2012-09-27 at 12:52 AM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

The regeneration revision eliminates my competitor, since there is no way to kill this thing with damage and then keep it dead by any means (nothing overcomes its regeneration).

I can still do 1,000,000,050+ damage to it in the first round (enough to kill it), but can't stop its regeneration from undoing its death, just delay it for a very long time.

Thoughts on this, Playground?
    Homebrew!
    5e: Expanded Inspiration Uses

Spoiler: 3.5/P Stuff. Warning: OLD
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The way to beat the Stuffy Doll forever seems to be to sneak into the Hall of Origin before it targets you, steel the Emerald Tablet that lists him, and erase his entry. Now he no longer exists.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Version 16
    High dex, improved initiative
    Lots of elf cohorts with antimagic field and extend spell.
    Psion // Wizard

Time regression to the round before I was cursed. I have not been cursed yet.
    Cast extended antimagic field (400 minutes > 6 hours)
    The creature winks out of existence because it's incorporeal.
    5 hours later a cohort walks by and casts extended antimagic field.
    Overlapping antimagic fields do not affect eachother.
    The cohort takes my place.
    Cohorts take turns from there forever, forming the Order of Stuffy Doll who's sole goal is to keep the creature trapped and prevent it from destroying empires.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-09-27 at 01:07 AM.
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Five bucks says that the Stuffy Doll will pick up the Aleax's Singular Enemy ability at some point.
    I was actually planning to do that for V.28

Also, you missed Bend Reality under Immunities.
    Thanks

To be honest, I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point. I've thrown every TO trick I can come up with at this thing, and it keeps coming back. We need to get some of the more ridiculous optimizers in this thread. The best I can come up with is to teleport through time all the way back to V.1, which was still a humanoid, and steal Stuffy Doll and Transcendent Evolution via Illithid Savant shenanigans, probably using Sanctum Arcane Fusion + Celerity loop to give you the actions to pull it off without causing rounds to pass by.
    I welcome you to try and find a way to go back 16,000+ years before this entire process started

The regeneration revision eliminates my competitor, since there is no way to kill this thing with damage and then keep it dead by any means (nothing overcomes its regeneration).

I can still do 1,000,000,050+ damage to it in the first round (enough to kill it), but can't stop its regeneration from undoing its death, just delay it for a very long time.

Thoughts on this, Playground?
    I believe in you!

Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    The way to beat the Stuffy Doll forever seems to be to sneak into the Hall of Origin before it targets you, steel the Emerald Tablet that lists him, and erase his entry. Now he no longer exists.
    You have 2 rounds to physically travel 10 miles (and then 700-800 miles back) plane shift away and then cast erase on the tablet to erase the Stuffy Doll from existence... and then you realized that "Holy crap, none of this is possible since the tablets only work while in the presence of the Stuffy Doll".

I'll stat out the effects of the Hall of Origins eventually... I'm tired right now and have class in the morning... won't leave yet, but I just won't re-modify it for a while.

Version 16
    High dex, improved initiative
    Lots of elf cohorts with antimagic field and extend spell.
    Psion // Wizard

Time regression to the round before I was cursed. I have not been cursed yet.
    Cast extended antimagic field (400 minutes > 6 hours)
    The creature winks out of existence because it's incorporeal.
    5 hours later a cohort walks by and casts extended antimagic field.
    Overlapping antimagic fields do not affect eachother.
    The cohort takes my place.
    Cohorts take turns from there forever, forming the Order of Stuffy Doll who's sole goal is to keep the creature trapped and prevent it from destroying empires.
    I'd like to take a minute to just say that this is the single coolest idea I've ever seen in my life... Seriously... I really love this idea and I love you for making it. On that note: You cannot create an Anti-Magic Field inside the Temple since you can't do anything magical or psionic-y in or within 50 miles of the Temple.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-27 at 01:12 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: I got it.

I am any creature with two arms, the Improved Grapple feat, at least one level in Cancer Mage (guess which disease I'm infected with!), and a Bag of Devouring. I have spent at least twenty years with this festering illness turning me into Muscle Wizard (at a rate of +2 STR/day), so my to-hit modifier is at least +7,300 just from that. I walk up to the creature, make a touch attack to initiate a grapple (provoking no attacks of opportunity thanks to the Improved Grapple feat), which I easily pass except on a 1, because my to-hit bonus is [insert bonus here], to stuff the creature into the Bag of Devouring. If it fails the grapple check (if it uses my grapple modifier, this is all but automatic, since my STR bonus is [insert bonus here]), it is "consumed". No save, no SR, no amount of hit point damage of any kind; just "consumed".

Do I win V.16?
    Homebrew!

Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: I got it.

I am any creature with two arms, the Improved Grapple feat, at least one level in Cancer Mage (guess which disease I'm infected with!), and a Bag of Devouring. I have spent at least twenty years with this festering illness turning me into Muscle Wizard (at a rate of +2 STR/day), so my to-hit modifier is at least +7,300 just from that. I walk up to the creature, make a touch attack to initiate a grapple (provoking no attacks of opportunity thanks to the Improved Grapple feat), which I easily pass except on a 1, because my to-hit bonus is [insert bonus here], to stuff the creature into the Bag of Devouring. If it fails the grapple check (if it uses my grapple modifier, this is all but automatic, since my STR bonus is [insert bonus here]), it is "consumed". No save, no SR, no amount of hit point damage of any kind; just "consumed".

Do I win V.16?
    Wow, that is actually how I figured someone would defeat this guy (almost word for word...)

Good job (are you reading my mind?)

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

And the outlands spire negates supernatural effects? I'm still confused whether it prevents casting or supresses for each of spells, SLAs and Sus. EDIT: Oh it's a dead magic zone? So that means magic items too?
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-09-27 at 01:28 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Wow, that is actually how I figured someone would defeat this guy (almost word for word...)

Good job (are you reading my mind?)
    No, I just noticed that nobody in the course of 15,000 years noticed this thing had a grapple modifier of +8.
    Homebrew!

Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

You have 2 rounds to physically travel 10 miles (and then 700-800 miles back) plane shift away and then cast erase on the tablet to erase the Stuffy Doll from existence... and then you realized that "Holy crap, none of this is possible since the tablets only work while in the presence of the Stuffy Doll".
    A) I said "before it targets you." I think the gods (and various other eldritch and power entities) would be very upset to have this kind of thing around, and this would be a very appropriate quest to send someone on.

B) After erasing the Stuffy Doll's entry, you put it back.

C) There is nothing in the Emerald Tablets description that says they must be in the presence of the Stuffy Doll to function. The description shows the Stuffy Doll drawing power from the tablets, not vice-versa. As these are things outside of the Stuffy Doll's being, he also doesn't get to adapt them for his next version :P

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Doesn't the bag of devouring have a "n/a" for its price since it's a creature?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

=>ericgrau & Lonely Tylenol
    Spoiler
    Show
    And the outlands spire negates supernatural effects?
    Yes, but Planar Rend makes it so that nothing it can't effect it.

No, I just noticed that nobody in the course of 15,000 years noticed this thing had a grapple modifier of +8.
    Heh... Just like the Mass Effect ending...

HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF THE PLAYGROUND! I welcome you to enter a competition that test your Pineal Gland. You see the Stuffy Doll is a sort of experiment that I want to start running where I throw a nearly invincible creature in front of you (or on another plane or wherever really) and you try your best to kill it to the best of your abilities. The fun part is that you get

Benefits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Access to 2 spell list with 20th level casting (9th level spells).
    • Unlimited WBL (This does NOT extend to followers and cohorts, you already have enough money).
    • Complete and utter control over how you approach the matter.
    • The Stuffy Doll is 100% immobile.
    • Infinite Leadership is A.O.K in this game.
    • As with all Theoretical Optimization challenges DM's fiat does NOT exist.

However there have to be some challenges of course

Challenges:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • The Stuffy Doll has Infinite SR and can make Any Saving Throw no matter how absurdly high.
    • In 2 rounds the creature will immediately kill you with no saves, no SR and without question.
    • After each victory, the creature is improved in some way shape and form (The location, an additional ability, a change in Creature type, etc.)
    • Diplomacy won't work against this creature.
    • Cohorts and followers are considered "victims" of the Curse if you so choose to use them.

Failed Models 1-13

I welcome you to challenge The Stuffy Doll Version 0.14-0.28

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist
    Stuffy Doll [Monolith V.17]

Size/Type: Huge Undead (Incorporeal)
    Hit Dice: 84,000,000d12 (1,000,000,000HP)
    Initiative: -5
    Speed: 0ft.
    Armor Class: 5,300 (-2 size, -5 dex, +5,297 unnamed), touch 5,300, Flat-Footed 5,300
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+8
    Attack: +0
    Full Attack: +0
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./10ft.
    Special Attacks: Stuffy Doll, Purify, Karma
    Special Qualities: Hall of Origins*, Anathematic Secrecy, Spell Immunity, DR 15/-, Fire, Cold, Lightning, Acid & Sonic Resistance 20, Regeneration, Immunity to Ability damage/drain, Wish, Reality Revision, Miracle, Bend Reality, Limited Wish and Vile Damage, Transcended Resurrection-Evolution, Archetypal Shape, Elder Evil Immunities, Planar Rend*, Emerald Tablets*, Freedom from Reality
    Saves: Fort: +∞ Ref: +∞ Will: +∞ (Automatically Succeeds on a saving throw regardless of circumstance)
    Abilities: Str - , Dex 1, Con 1, Int -, Wis 1, Cha 1
    Skills: None
    Feats: None
    Environment: Hall of Origins [50 miles from the Spire on the Outlands]
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: ∞
    Treasure: Hall of Origins (Magical Location)
    Alignment: Always True Neutral
    Advancement: N/A
    Level Adjustment: N/A

Transcended Resurrection-Evolution (Ex)
    This is the Stuffy Dolls most powerful and important ability. This abilities allows the Stuffy Doll to reform in the Hall of Origin once every 1,000 years, however the Stuffy Doll "learns" from it's previous errors and becomes stronger and stronger each time [Dungeon Master (Game Master) or "Challenge giver" applies a new ability to each incarnation of the Stuffy Doll]. This ability also allows it to extend its "consciousness" outward into Infinity (everything) and target a single creature with its Stuffy Doll ability. Whenever Stuffy Doll can use Stuffy Doll it can also extend it's "consciousness" towards another creature.

Stuffy Doll (Ex)
    Once per day, the Stuffy Doll can declare one target. No matter where that creature is in the Multiverse it will find the creature and kill it. If the creature manages to return to life somehow the stuffy doll will continue to kill it. Regardless of the Stuffy Dolls condition, nothing short of complete destruction will free the targeted creature from this curse. Once this curse is placed upon a creature the target has 2 rounds to response to it before it dies. The subject is automatically aware of being cursed. Creatures unfortunate to be cursed by the Stuffy Doll have there souls completely and utterly destroyed. Nothing is capable of returning them to life after this.

This curse also extends to any Cohorts, followers or allies that it might have (Even Simulacrums and Ice Assassins under the victims control). This explains why many empires have seemingly vanished overnight.

Karma (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll is a living punishment tool and as a result it has learned to share it's pain with a creature that it has cursed. When a Stuffy Doll uses it's Curse upon a creature a link is created between the Stuffy Doll and the target begin to share a soul. In essence, the creature takes any damage that the Stuffy Doll takes with an additional 20 points of damage. This bond only works for damage sent from the victim. For example: Milee is targeted by a Stuffy Doll, Milee attacks the Stuffy doll with a heightened Orb of Sound dealing 23 sonic damage (accounting for resistance). In response, Milee takes 43 damage due to Karma.

The Damage dealt by Karma is Divine damage and bypasses Regeneration.

Purify (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll hates all life, and if given the option would willingly end all life in the Multiverse, however it also has a respect for Death and creatures it kills. Magic disrupts the balance of life and death so the Stuffy Doll respectfully cleanses his victims soul allowing them to continue the grand cycle. The victim is subject to a Disjunction Spell and then in the exact same moment is subject to a Greater Dispel Magic. This ability activates each round whenever an action is possible (on both the Stuffy Dolls and the Victims turn).

Hall of Origins (Ex)
    The Temple that houses the Monolith that is known as the Stuffy Doll houses a cruel secret. The Hall and all the creatures and contents are immune to all Divinations and Clairsentience effects, spells and powers for as long as it remains in the Hall.

[Hall of Origins] Emerald Tablets (Ex)
    Inside the Temple there are tablets that list all things that are absolute truths in creation. Anything not listed in this book simply cannot harm the Stuffy Doll, for it knows that it does not exist. Simulacrums and Ice Assassins based on the Stuffy Doll always turn on their creators and kill them and once they've completed the task, they self-destruct dealing 1d10 damage/HD of the original creature to all creatures within 5ft. The Emerald Tablets, as they are connected with the Hall of Origins, are always treated as within the Hall of Origins (and thus the specific section of the Outlands it is in).

[Hall of Origins] Planar Rend (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll creates a 10 mile radius aura around it that prevents planar travel (Including those replicated by a Wish, Reality Revision, Miracle, Limited Wish, and Bend Reality). Any Gates or planar travels attempts immediately leads the caster/manifester to the City of Sigil. In addition to this Supernatural effects are neutralized entirely when used against creatures within this aura.

Freedom From Reality (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll is free from realities touch and as such nothing can lay there hands upon it. The Stuffy Doll is under the constant effects of a Freedom of Movement.

Anathematic Secrecy
    This malefic property shrouds an elder evil from discovery by divination spells of a divine origin. Any divine spell of the divination school automatically fails when used to ascertain information about an elder evil. Divination spells that are also arcane function normally if they are cast by a nondivine spellcaster. This ability is always active.

Regeneration (Ex)
    No form of attack deals lethal damage to the Stuffy Doll. The Stuffy Doll regenerates even if it fails a saving throw against a disintegrate spell or a death effect. If the Stuffy Doll fails its save against a spell or effect that would kill it instantly (such as those mentioned above), the spell or effect instead deals nonlethal damage equal to the creature’s full normal hit points +10 (or 868 hp). The Stuffy Doll is immune to effects that produce incurable or bleeding wounds, such as mummy rot, a sword with the wounding special ability, or a clay golem’s cursed wound ability.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-27 at 01:26 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    A) I said "before it targets you." I think the gods (and various other eldritch and power entities) would be very upset to have this kind of thing around, and this would be a very appropriate quest to send someone on.

B) After erasing the Stuffy Doll's entry, you put it back.

C) There is nothing in the Emerald Tablets description that says they must be in the presence of the Stuffy Doll to function. The description shows the Stuffy Doll drawing power from the tablets, not vice-versa. As these are things outside of the Stuffy Doll's being, he also doesn't get to adapt them for his next version :P
    A) Using Gods and Divine Ranks is effectively the same as DMs fiat and as such using them in this case is just ridiculous. Thank you for reminding me of a weakness of the Stuffy Doll, I had forgot that it was weak against [Redacted for spoiling].

B) Thank you, I covered that in V.17

C) I was getting ahead of myself in a feature I wanted to add. Sorry

Doesn't the bag of devouring have a "n/a" for its price since it's a creature?
    You have unlimited WBL those prices don't mean anything right now.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-27 at 01:34 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Version 17
    Psion with leadership
    rogue cohort with:
    skill focus (hide), stealthy, skill focus (move silently)
    skill focus (sleight of hand), deft hands
    skill mastery(hide, move silently, sleight of hand)

Time regression multiple times to before the creature sees me.
    Send in cohort to sneak into the hall of origins with mundane stealth abilities.
    Cohort swipes the emerald tablets.
    Cohort sneak outs.
    Punch out the creature's listing with an adamantine pickaxe.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-09-27 at 01:53 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Y'know what would be pretty funny? Getting the ability to Turn Undead as a level 84000000+ Cleric with the Sun domain and just dusting the thing. With the limitless available wealth, can this be accomplished? (Not being a 3.5 player I don't know what TU boosters there are, much less which of them stack endlessly)

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, sneak into the hall of origins with mundane stealth abilities. Swipe the emerald tablets. Punch out the creature's listing with an adamantine pickaxe.
    I wanna say the Emerald Tablets have the same hardness and thickness as a Wall of Force to shut down that entire trick, because it's starting to annoy me

... Lol... Must say that I'm happy that people thought of this

EDIT: I'm curious how you managed to do all of this in just 2 rounds
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-27 at 01:54 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT @ ^: Time regression to before I was cursed or even noticed.

If that doesn't work then I'll find a sphere of annihilation, drop in the tablet that has the creature on it, and anything else on that tablet is collateral damage.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-09-27 at 01:54 AM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

If that doesn't work then I'll find a sphere of annihilation, drop in the tablet that has the creature on it, and anything else on that tablet is collateral damage.
    ... You'd really destroy all life (including yourself), just to end the Stuffy Doll?

I think you've just earned your 3rd ball

EDIT: Nothing states that the Stuffy Doll cannot just re-target you since it's actions are fixed. Since it is in possession of the Emerald Tablets it always knows you exist and therefore cannot ignore you. It's actions are pre-set and it will always choose you.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-27 at 01:57 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

I wanna say the Emerald Tablets have the same hardness and thickness as a Wall of Force to shut down that entire trick, because it's starting to annoy me

... Lol... Must say that I'm happy that people thought of this

EDIT: I'm curious how you managed to do all of this in just 2 rounds
    Then they'll just find a way to obtain an Angelwing Razor.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Then they'll just find a way to obtain an Angelwing Razor.
    HA! Those exist...

I like how the new plan is not to target the Stuffy Doll, but the Emerald Tablets

I swear, I think you guys are going to lynch mob me for what I do in V.18

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Version 17
    Time regression to 1 round before I was cursed.
    Teleport Through Time 10 years into the past.
    Sneak in with mundane stealth, swipe the emerald tablets, sneak out.
    Attempt to punch out the creature's listing with an adamantine pickaxe.
    If that fails, orb of acid.
    If that fails, into a sphere of annihilation it goes.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-09-27 at 02:47 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

my this is an interesting challenge; i don't have the skills of some of the top optimizers, but i've pondered what ideas I can come up with.
    Since there are ways to get people there as others have shown; i've noted the doll has no skills.
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#bluff
    the details on epic bluff suggestion is a little vague in the srd; there's no sr since it's not a magical effect. whether it allows a save or not is unclear, there might only be the sense motive check (wiht a +50 bonus) opposing the bluff check.
    if so, getting you or someone else to a high enough skill to use bluff every 10 minutes to bluff the doll into not killing you and/or killing itself or something should work
    edit - also use bluff to get the doll to want to draw from a deck of many things.

I don't see any other interesting epic skill uses, assuming the diplomancy bar also affects the perform skill.

hmm, i see there's an added rule to prevent grappling by making it wholly untouchable regardless of ghost touch effects, as well as freedom of movement effect. i don't see a way around the generic untouchable clause; i don't know of any 3.5 people that have the ability of the PF tetori archetype of monks that disdables freedom of movement effects.

another idea - i dont' have the book with truenaming in it; is there a way to change someone's truename? if you change your truename and reincarnate, arguably you're no longer the same person, so the curse is moot. or maybe permanently merge with another entity, thus ceasing to be the original but a new composite entity.

edit - just thought of something else; the casting level/ save dcs for the dispel/disjunction frmo purify aren't listed, so i'll assume the defaults, caster level = hd and dc uses one of his stats for the casting. if you carry around some artifacts the purify will destroy them, this triggers the 95% chance to attract a powerful being connected to it; what that would mean in practice is rather unclear, but probably not good for the doll if you can get artifacts connected to an overdeity; even a greater deity would probably be helpful.
    Last edited by zlefin; 2012-09-27 at 05:05 AM.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

29. - Top - End - #299

HalflingPirate

I might of missed it. How did LT close with the thing in V.16 within two rounds?
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300

HalflingPirate

V.17

I need to add 2 levels of Squire of Legend, Spell Mastery (Ice Assassin), Uncanny Forethought, and Psionics to by previous build.

Round1 -- Manifest Time Regression

Round0 --

Standard:Use SuGAF loop to gain N Standard Actions (Celerity). Use Supernatural Twin GAF containing Twin Celerityx2 (and suitable metamagic mitigation) to gain 8 Standard Actions .

S1: Supernatural Spell and Uncanny Forethought for an Ice Assassin
    S2: Direct Stuffy Jr. to target Stuffy Sr. with its Stuffy Doll ability.
    S3: Grant Stuffy Jr. an additional use of Stuffy Doll
    S4: Direct Stuffy Jr. to target itself with its Stuffy Doll ability.
    S5: Supernatural Spell: Hide From Undead

Round1 -- Disavow any allegiance to Stuffy Jr. "I was just using you!!!"

Round2 -- Problem Solved

Bonus: Since the last time someone used Ice Assassin on Stuffy Doll, you added the following
    Creatures unfortunate to be cursed by the Stuffy Doll have there souls completely and utterly destroyed. Nothing is capable of returning them to life after this.
    I believe this ends the reign of Stuffy Doll.
    Last edited by dextercorvia; 2012-09-27 at 11:01 AM.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show