New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: [3.5] The Stuffy Doll Vs the Playground (V.1 ~ V.28)

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    I think I may have killed it...

The Dweomer Keeper class grants Supernatural Spell, which allows the caster that uses it to cast it at a caster level equal to their HD. (Quoth the SRD: "Unless otherwise noted, a supernatural ability has an effective caster level equal to the creature’s Hit Dice.") This can be used to kill the Stuffy Doll.

Be a Wizard (Elven Generalist Domain w/Alacritous Cogitation Versatile Spellcaster) 4/Cleric 1/Dweomerkeeper 4/Wyrm Wizard 2 (Adding Holy Word to Wizard list)/Bard 9, with a feat to grant it action points. Here's how it works: The Wizard starts out with a Silent Unfettered Heroism, uses a Supernatural (applied via action point) Time Stop, and spends an action point to get it back. In the time stop, he casts another Silent Unfettered Heroism on himself, and then uses Inspire Greatness on himself using his action point for the round. Next round, he uses Supernatural (via AP) Time Stop, and spends an action point to get it back. Repeat the loop an arbitrary number of times. While the competence bonuses and the temporary HP do not stack, you still get extra HD for all purposes. At the end of the loop, you wait for Time Stop to end, and then you use Supernatural Holy Word at a caster level over 9000 times greater than the Stuffy Doll's HP. This is not a death effect, and it bypasses the Tarrasque's regeneration because it does not allow a saving throw. The Stuffy Doll dies.

If this doesn't work based on the phrasing of Supernatural Spell ("The spell functions as it normally would", possibly meaning that the CL is determined as a regular spell), an alternative build is a Cleric/Wizard/Dweomerkeeper/Wild Mage//Nomad with Thought Bottle and Aura of Chaos. Here's how it works:

Round 1. The character uses Temporal Acceleration to activate Thought Bottle and reset his XP. He tries out a Supernatural Holy Word, boosting the CL with Wild Mage. If they roll a 6 to increase their bonus, they get to add another 6, and so on. If this gets up to the Stuffy Doll's HD+10, the stuffy doll dies on resolution. If it doesn't, he chucks the Thought Bottle out of Disjunction range.

Round 2. If the doll ain't dead, Time Regression to Round 1, and try again. Your XP never goes down, and eventually, you will roll enough consecutive sixes to kill the doll. It may take a while, but it all passes in the blink of an eye to you and the observers.
    Both of these scenarios fail due to more than two rounds of subjective time passing for the subject of the Curse.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

2. - Top - End - #242

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    You're a Theurge with access to dual 9's (select your 2 spell list). You are faced with a creature that has infinite Spell Resistance and automatically succeeds on all saving throws (other then this it is vulnerable). In 2 rounds it will immediately kill you. How do you kill it first using your spells/powers?
    I see no mention of subjective time, just the passage of actual rounds. Was something left out of the OP?
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

3. - Top - End - #243

HalflingPirate

I see no mention of subjective time, just the passage of actual rounds. Was something left out of the OP?
    He has clarified the ability. If two rounds pass for you, you are dead.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

I did neglect to mention subjective time towards the victim (since I've mentioned it time and time again when people mention Time Stop.)

As far as the stuffy doll is concerned a million turns could pass by. As long as the victim goes through 2 turns it dies automatically, no save, no SR, no questions asked
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anybody know how to make True Resurrection SR: No, or eliminate the need for a SR roll for the casting of a spell?

Alternatively, to Arcanist: are we required to use spells? If I come up with a build that uses no spells from a list, am I allowed to use it?
    Homebrew!
    5e: Expanded Inspiration Uses

Spoiler: 3.5/P Stuff. Warning: OLD
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Tylenol View Post
    Does anybody know how to make True Resurrection SR: No, or eliminate the need for a SR roll for the casting of a spell?

Alternatively, to Arcanist: are we required to use spells? If I come up with a build that uses no spells from a list, am I allowed to use it?
    No requirement on spells. I simply allow you access to them...

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Something tells me this is going to be disgusting. I love it!
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

No requirement on spells. I simply allow you access to them...
    OK. You say that this new version has immunity to Wish, and regeneration as a tarrasque; as tuggyne already stated, that makes this creature impervious to any form of death, ever, because the tarrasque can only be killed by Wishing it away when it has taken more than 10 + its max HP nonlethal damage (and all damage is converted to nonlethal damage). Am I to assume that this is the case, and the creature is thus unkillable, or is it specifically not immune to the trait of Wish that allows you to Wish it away when its damage cap has been reached?
    Last edited by Lonely Tylenol; 2012-09-26 at 08:29 PM.
    Homebrew!

Show

9. - Top - End - #249

HalflingPirate

Supernatural Spell (Dweomerkeeper) will remove SR from True Ressurection.

OK. You say that this new version has immunity to Wish, and regeneration as a tarrasque; as tuggyne already stated, that makes this creature impervious to any form of death, ever, because the tarrasque can only be killed by Wishing it away when it has taken more than 10 + its max HP nonlethal damage (and all damage is converted to nonlethal damage). Am I to assume that this is the case, and the creature is thus unkillable, or is it specifically not immune to the trait of Wish that allows you to Wish it away when its damage cap has been reached?
    What's more, as an undead, it is immune to non-lethal damage.

It is possible though.

Edit: I'm going to try a different tactic this time.

Round 1: Time Regression (this undoes the placement of Stuffy Doll)

Round 0: Shroud of Undeath (made persistent with Metamagic Effect)

As Stuffy Doll is mindless, it is now forced to ignore me, and choose someone else today.
    Last edited by dextercorvia; 2012-09-26 at 09:04 PM.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hmmm...I can think of one way to effectively remove it's ability to attack me. From there, things are rather simple...

Spoiler
    Show

Round 1: Curse declared on me, silence is activated, and I am disjunctioned. I take a free action to speak, using a non-verbal language, to an ice assassin which I have made of myself prior to the curse's activation.

"I have been made subject to a curse, to die in twelve seconds subjective time. See that the entity responsible is destroyed, then free me. You have access to as many resources as are necessary."

I then take a standard action to cast silenced sanctum imprisonment on myself, suspending the passage of time for me (preventing the curse from finishing). Purify will fire every round, to no effect. The stuffy doll has designated its curse upon me, and so it can't target anything else.

I'm away from my books at the moment, so I won't be going too far into the killing of it.

Round "I don't even care": The Ice Assassin uses its unlimited supply of wealth to hire a spellcaster with the epic spellcasting feat to develop and cast a spell to kill the stuffy doll.
    Round "I don't even care"+2: The spellcaster uses the chain-gated casters called by the Ice Assassin to cast the epic spell. The stuffy doll dies due to epic magic.
    Round "I don't even care"+4: The Ice Assassin casts freedom on me.

If no epic spellcaster is available for hire from anywhere, then the Ice Assassin will take an apprentice and train him/her/it using summoned monsters until said apprentice is an epic spellcaster.

That should be sufficient to destroy the doll, regardless of defenses.

Disclaimer: I didn't spend very much time on this, so there may be a hole in the strategy.
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-09-26 at 09:17 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dextercorvia View Post
    Round 1: Time Regression (this undoes the placement of Stuffy Doll)

Round 0: Shroud of Undeath (made persistent with Metamagic Effect)

As Stuffy Doll is mindless, it is now forced to ignore me, and choose someone else today.
    Lol, that is actually pretty clever, however you're going to have to fight it eventually... whats worse is that I can't even use "Transcended Resurrection-Evolution" so the v.15 is still alive

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Lol, that is actually pretty clever, however you're going to have to fight it eventually... whats worse is that I can't even use "Transcended Resurrection-Evolution" so the v.15 is still alive
    Eh, just teleport through time to version 1, remove the ability, and kill that one. Saves you the trouble of having to bother with it ever again.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NM020110 View Post
    Hmmm...I can think of one way to effectively remove it's ability to attack me. From there, things are rather simple...
    Interesting lets use the scale of emotions to show how I'm looking at this

Round 1: Curse declared on me, silence is activated, and I am disjunctioned. I take a free action to speak, using a non-verbal language, to an ice assassin which I have made of myself prior to the curse's activation.
    I like the creativity. I'm curious what your Ice Assassin's stats are and what you're going to be creating

"I have been made subject to a curse, to die in twelve seconds subjective time. See that the entity responsible is destroyed, then free me. You have access to as many resources as are necessary."
    I'm curious how your Ice Assassin has somehow gained your power of attorney in this matter, but alright :P But I'll allow this

I then take a standard action to cast sudden silenced imprisonment on myself, suspending the passage of time for me (preventing the curse from finishing). Purify will fire every round, to no effect.
    Does anyone know for certain if DJ doesn't just neutralize your Imprisonment as an entirety? I mean unless your Imprisonment has suddenly stopped being a Spell... Hmm... If you do have a response to this please feel free to cite a source

The stuffy doll has designated its curse upon me, and so it can't target anything else.
    No where does it say in Stuffy Dolls ability that I can only target one creature at a time. It simply says that I can only do it once a day to any given target in the multiverse, however aiming it would be the questionable part and I'd generally place that in the section of DM's fiat.

I'm away from my books at the moment, so I won't be going too far into the killing of it.
    Epic Spellcasting isn't to hard to remember, I'm sure you'll do wonderfully in remember the rules

Round "I don't even care": The Ice Assassin uses its unlimited supply of wealth to hire a spellcaster with the epic spellcasting feat to develop and cast a spell to kill the stuffy doll.
    Round "I don't even care"+2: The spellcaster uses the chain-gated casters called by the Ice Assassin to cast the epic spell. The stuffy doll dies due to epic magic.
    Round "I don't even care"+4: The Ice Assassin casts freedom on me.
    Does anyone know of a single offensive Epic Spell that does not offer SR or a Saving Throw?

If no epic spellcaster is available for hire from anywhere, then the Ice Assassin will take an apprentice and train him/her/it using summoned monsters until said apprentice is an epic spellcaster.
    Can I get: "Starkiller" for 500?

That should be sufficient to destroy the doll, regardless of defenses.
    Not unless you add further detail to it I do like your moxey however

Quote Originally Posted by olentu View Post
    Eh, just teleport through time to version 1, remove the ability, and kill that one. Saves you the trouble of having to bother with it ever again.
    How do you remove Transcendence? Yes, I am expecting you to retroactively assume that he has had that all along.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-26 at 09:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice Copy/Paste for the Regeneration Text.

Also, if we can find a way to steal the transcend evolution thingy, it doesn't matter if the stuffy doll kills us, thus turning the tables.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    The rules allow specific exceptions, i.e. the Atropal.
    Actually, no. The clause referenced about Regeneration requiring a Con score was added in the 3.0 -> 3.5 transition... and the Atropal is a 3.0 monster. It actually becomes Fast Healing due to the generic 3.0 -> 3.5 update procedure.

I think I may have killed it...

The Dweomer Keeper class grants Supernatural Spell, which allows the caster that uses it to cast it at a caster level equal to their HD. (Quoth the SRD: "Unless otherwise noted, a supernatural ability has an effective caster level equal to the creature’s Hit Dice.") This can be used to kill the Stuffy Doll.

Be a Wizard (Elven Generalist Domain w/Alacritous Cogitation Versatile Spellcaster) 1/Cleric 4/Dweomerkeeper 4/Wyrm Wizard 2 (Adding Holy Word to Wizard list)/Bard 9, with a feat to grant it action points and Initiate of Mystra. Here's how it works: The Wizard starts out with a Silent Unfettered Heroism, uses a Supernatural (applied via action point) Time Stop, and spends an action point to get it back. In the time stop, he casts another Silent Unfettered Heroism on himself, and then uses Inspire Greatness on himself using his action point for the round. Next round, he uses Supernatural (via AP) Time Stop, and spends an action point to get it back. Repeat the loop an arbitrary number of times. While the competence bonuses and the temporary HP do not stack, you still get extra HD for all purposes. At the end of the loop, you wait for Time Stop to end, Wish yourself to the Stuffy Doll's location, and then you use Supernatural Holy Word at a caster level over 9000 times greater than the Stuffy Doll's HP. This is not a death effect, and it bypasses the Tarrasque's regeneration because it does not allow a saving throw. The Stuffy Doll dies.

If this doesn't work based on the phrasing of Supernatural Spell ("The spell functions as it normally would", possibly meaning that the CL is determined as a regular spell), an alternative build is a Cleric/Wizard/Dweomerkeeper/Wild Mage//Nomad with Thought Bottle, Initiate of Mystra and Aura of Chaos. Here's how it works:

Round 1. You use Temporal Acceleration to activate Thought Bottle and reset his XP, and then Accelerate again to Reality Revision yourself right next to the Stuffy Doll. You try out a Supernatural Holy Word, boosting the CL with Wild Mage. If you roll a 6 to increase their bonus, you get to add another 6, and so on. If this gets up to the Stuffy Doll's HD+10, the stuffy doll dies on resolution. If it doesn't, you chuck the Thought Bottle out of Disjunction range.

Round 2. If the doll ain't dead, Miracle yourself out, Temporal Acceleration to Time Regression to Round 1, and try again. Your XP never goes down, and eventually, you will roll enough consecutive sixes to kill the doll. It may take a while, but it all passes in the blink of an eye to you and the observers.
    Fails due to location - 50 miles from The Spire in the Concordant Domains of the Outlands, no Supernatural abilities function.

There's actually a spell to get around that, though. Planar Bubble, Spell Compendium. You can also get it as a class feature through Planar Shepherd.
    The simplest is Dweomerkeeper (Complete Divine Web Enhancement).
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

16. - Top - End - #256

HalflingPirate

My levels contain Dweomerkeeper10. Arcane Thesis:Orb of Force, Maximize Spell, Violate Spell, and Sanctum Spell are among my feats.

1st round begins.

Standard Action. Cast Supernatural Greater Arcane Fusion(X=Celerity, Y1) where Yi=Sanctum GAF(X,Yi+1) if i<N, and True Strike if i=N. Also, this triggers Purify, to no effect (Supernatural), which uses up Stuffy Doll's immediate action for the round.

I now have N standard actions left to perform, labelled S#

S1:Wish my familiar to Stuffy's location
    S2:Wish my familiar back
    S4:Supernatural Spell:Sonorous Hum
    S5:Supernatural Spell:Gate (Portal Option - based on Telepathy with my familiar)
    S6:GAF(Xi, Yi) where Xi=Sanctum Indomitability for odd i and Xi=Sanctum Violating Maximized Orb of Force for even i, and Yi=Sanctum GAF(X,Y) for i<M (some really large number).

Some time later... 1st Round Ends.

Violate Spell deals half Vile damage, which is not subject to Regeneration. Whenever Karma deals sufficient damage to me, Indomitability keeps me from dying.
    Last edited by dextercorvia; 2012-09-26 at 09:41 PM.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

How do you remove Transcendence? Yes, I am expecting you to retroactively assume that he has had that all along.
    Well you might actually need to go with version 3 as that is when it becomes undead. But either way, cast a supernatural command undead spell (no saving throw allowed because it is mindless), have it voluntarily fail the saving throw for a supernatural baleful polymorph (Eh, I am assuming that failing a saving throw is a basic enough command so that say necromancers can heal their minions with inflict spells without them saving against the healing) and that removes all special abilities. Or I suppose you could just keep the thing under your control and use it to kill stuff.
    Last edited by olentu; 2012-09-26 at 09:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Supernatural Spell (Dweomerkeeper) will remove SR from True Ressurection.
    Fantastic. I was hoping that there would be an easier way, but Dweomerkeeper is itself not oppressively difficult.

What's more, as an undead, it is immune to non-lethal damage.

It is possible though.
    Hence, the True Resurrection.

Now, the only thing I need is for Arcanist to answer whether the "regeneration of Tarrasque/immunity to Wish" is a feature, and not a bug, and whether or not the creature can, in fact, be Wished away if the damage point is reached.
    Homebrew!

Show

19. - Top - End - #259

HalflingPirate

How does True Res help? It doesn't seem to do anything to undead that haven't been destroyed yet.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    Nice Copy/Paste for the Regeneration Text.

Also, if we can find a way to steal the transcend evolution thingy, it doesn't matter if the stuffy doll kills us, thus turning the tables.
    I'm still looking for someone to try and do the whole Illithid Savant BS and try and get close enough to steal his brain... OH WAIT! YA CAN'T! HE'S ALREADY (UN)DEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Actually, no. The clause referenced about Regeneration requiring a Con score was added in the 3.0 -> 3.5 transition... and the Atropal is a 3.0 monster. It actually becomes Fast Healing due to the generic 3.0 -> 3.5 update procedure.

Fails due to location - 50 miles from The Spire in the Concordant Domains of the Outlands, no Supernatural abilities function.

There's actually a spell to get around that, though. Planar Bubble, Spell Compendium. You can also get it as a class feature through Planar Shepherd.
    The simplest is Dweomerkeeper (Complete Divine Web Enhancement).
    In the Errata for the ELH the Atropal STILL has regeneration, the only mention of it in the errata is that it's energy beams that do negative levels also give him temp hp.

I'm actually curious how a Planar Bubble would work out in the Outlands or any impede magic plane for that matter... I'm also curious if it could bypass dead magic planes...

My levels contain Dweomerkeeper10. Arcane Thesis:Orb of Force, Maximize Spell, Violate Spell, and Sanctum Spell are among my feats.

1st round begins.

Standard Action. Cast Supernatural Greater Arcane Fusion(X=Celerity, Y1) where Yi=Sanctum GAF(X,Yi+1) if i<N, and True Strike if i=N. Also, this triggers Purify, to no effect (Supernatural), which uses up Stuffy Doll's immediate action for the round.

I now have N standard actions left to perform, labelled S#

S1:Wish my familiar to Stuffy's location
    S2:Wish my familiar back
    S4:Supernatural Spell:Sonorous Hum
    S5:Supernatural Spell:Gate (Portal Option - based on Telepathy with my familiar)
    S6:GAF(Xi, Yi) where Xi=Sanctum Indomitability for odd i and Xi=Sanctum Violating Maximized Orb of Force for even i, and Yi=Sanctum GAF(X,Y) for i<M (some really large number).

Some time later... 1st Round Ends.

Violate Spell deals half Vile damage, which is not subject to Regeneration. Whenever Karma deals sufficient damage to me, Indomitability keeps me from dying.
    Clever again. You found a chink in Purify, I will remove it post haste in the next version.

Violate Spell does indeed do half vile damage, however I'm pretty sure vile damage is lethal damage which gets converted to non-lethal damage which he is immune to. The only difference between Vile damage and fire damage is that vile damage can only be healed in a holy area (see Hallow or Consecrate)

Unless of course you can give me a ruling that states that vile damage is different.

Well you might actually need to go with version 3 as that is when it becomes undead. But either way, cast a supernatural command undead spell (no saving throw allowed because it is mindless), have it voluntarily fail the saving throw for a supernatural baleful polymorph (Eh, I am assuming that failing a saving throw is a basic enough command so that say necromancers can heal their minions with inflict spells without them saving against the healing) and that removes all special abilities. Or I suppose you could just keep the thing under your control and use it to kill stuff.
    That spell offers SR meaning he is auto immune to it

I like this thread... It's you and me against the world Stuffy Doll!
    Spoiler
    Show

That is how I imagine him looking... Yes that is the Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey...

EDIT

Hence, the True Resurrection.

Now, the only thing I need is for Arcanist to answer whether the "regeneration of Tarrasque/immunity to Wish" is a feature, and not a bug, and whether or not the creature can, in fact, be Wished away if the damage point is reached.
    No. It is in essence the flat out immune to everything the tarrasque is immune to.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-26 at 10:02 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Which is, of course, why I specified a supernatural version of said spell.
    Last edited by olentu; 2012-09-26 at 09:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262

HalflingPirate

Clever again. You found a chink in Purify, I will remove it post haste in the next version.
    Thank you. We wouldn't want this to be too easy.

He said supernatural command undead, so I'm assuming he meant as per the dweomerkeeper ability, hence, no SR.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hmmm...I don't feel like diving into epic spellcasting at the moment (not enough time), so I'll revise the method to use a pattern which I'm more familiar with. First, though, your questions.

1.) The Ice Assassin has the same stats as I (the character) have, as it is an Ice Assassin of myself.

2.) Presumably, this happens immediately upon my specifying that it has access to the resources. As it is bound to obey me absolutely, any guards should recognize that if it is requesting the resources in question then it has permission to request them. This is rendered moot by the revised method, though.

3.) Imprisonment is an instantaneous effect. It is no more subject to disjunction than the acid resulting from an orb spell. If I do die, however, I'm only a wish away from living again anyway.

4.) Interesting. I thought that the Transcendant-Resurrection-Evolution ability gave it the power to curse one creature at a time, for some reason. It shouldn't effect the outcome too much, though...

5.) See the revised method. I'm a tad stretched for time, so I'll go for the cheese. If you choose to disregard this as a joke entry, then I'll work through the epic spellcasting system tomorrow.

6.) See 5.

7.) Coming up.

Revised method:
    Spoiler
    Show

"I have been cursed to die in 12 seconds, subjective time. Destroy the entity responsible, then free me. You have permission to enact operation 'Tippy'."

I use a standard action to cast silent sanctum imprisonment on myself.

The ice assassin now has one day before the Stuffy Doll may use its curse again.

The ice assassin uses a stripped down version of the psionic pun-pun trick over the next several rounds to gain two specific abilities.
    Spoiler
    Show

1.) Cast ice assassin, targeting any creature designated as a scaled one of torril.
    2.) Manifest fusion on the target.
    3.) Cast ice assassin, targeting a sarrukh.
    4.) Order to sarrukh to grant you the following abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Transcended Resurrection-Evolution (Ex)
    This is the Stuffy Dolls most powerful and important ability. This abilities allows the Stuffy Doll to reform in the Hall of Origin once every 1,000 years, however the Stuffy Doll "learns" from it's previous errors and becomes stronger and stronger each time [Dungeon Master (Game Master) or "Challenge giver" applies a new ability to each incarnation of the Stuffy Doll]. This ability also allows it to extend its "consciousness" outward into Infinity (everything) and target a single creature with its Stuffy Doll ability.

Stuffy Doll (Ex)
    Once per day, the Stuffy Doll can declare one target. No matter where that creature is in the Multiverse it will find the creature and kill it. If the creature manages to return to life somehow the stuffy doll will continue to kill it. Regardless of the Stuffy Dolls condition, nothing short of complete destruction will free the targeted creature from this curse. Once this curse is placed upon a creature the target has 2 rounds to response to it before it dies. The subject is automatically aware of being cursed. Creatures unfortunate to be cursed by the Stuffy Doll have there souls completely and utterly destroyed. Nothing is capable of returning them to life after this.

Round 4: The ice assassin utilizes Stuffy Doll on the Stuffy Doll.
    Round 6: The ice assassin casts freedom to bring me back, or wish if disjunction removed the imprisonment.

I...don't think that there are any holes in this, save that the next incarnation of the Stuffy Doll will likely be immune to the Stuffy Doll ability.

Alternate revised method, if I'm mistaken and disjunction removes imprisonment:
    Spoiler
    Show

As above, but subsitute imprisonment/freedom with leaving my fast time plane for a round.
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-09-26 at 10:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Which is, of course, why I specified a supernatural version of said spell.
    I see, I looked before I leaped on that one

Thank you. We wouldn't want this to be too easy.
    I'm still not entirely convinced on that Vile damage =/= lethal damage

Hmmm...I don't feel like diving into epic spellcasting at the moment (not enough time), so I'll revise the method to use a pattern which I'm more familiar with. First, though, your questions.

1.) The Ice Assassin has the same stats as I (the character) have, as it is an Ice Assassin of myself.
    Lemme stop you right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Assassin
    The ice assassin possesses all the skills, abilities, and memories possessed by the original, but its personality is warped and twisted by an all-consuming need to slay the original. It also constantly uses locate creature on its duplicate at a caster level equal to your own. If its quarry is outside the range of this effect, the ice assassin must rely on its own cleverness or advice from you to track the original.
    You really want to make an Ice Assassin of yourself?
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-09-26 at 10:10 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Assassin
    The ice assassin is under your absolute command.
    Yes, I believe that I do wish to do so.

Besides, it's nothing that can't be fixed with a liberal application of mind rape and some restrictive orders.
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-09-26 at 10:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266

HalflingPirate

I'm still not entirely convinced on that Vile damage =/= lethal damage
    Vile damage bypasses regeneration. Therefore it is not converted into non-lethal damage, and therefore, he is not immune to it.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

I have a way but I need 2 cohorts capable of 7th level spells. Is it okay to chain leadership and have a cohort with leadership?
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-09-26 at 10:47 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ericgrau View Post
    I have a way but I need 2 cohorts capable of 7th level spells. Is it okay to chain leadership and have a cohort with leadership?
    Seeing as how many of the tricks here are making more liberal use of RAW, I'd say to go for it.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

How does True Res help? It doesn't seem to do anything to undead that haven't been destroyed yet.
    I was under the impression that True Resurrection, when cast on an undead creature (or at the very least a mindless undead, which this is), restores the creature to its prior form, as per the wording on undead here:

Not affected by raise dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and true resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead.
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm

The way I read it is, True Resurrection will indeed work on such a creature, if applied directly to the undead body (there is no mention of whether this refers to the undead creature after it has been destroyed). I welcome corrections, however.

EDIT

No. It is in essence the flat out immune to everything the tarrasque is immune to.
    I understand. Unfortunately, it is not what I asked.

See, for v15, you copied, verbatim, the regeneration ability of the Tarrasque, which states:

The Stuffy Doll can be slain only by raising its nonlethal damage total to its full normal hit points +10 (or 868 hit points) and using a wish or miracle spell to keep it dead.
    Ignoring the fact that the HP totals also weren't changed, the capacity to be Wished away is explicit in the Tarrasque's regeneration ability.

For the Stuffy Doll, however, there is another quality--immunity to Wish and Miracle--that conflicts with this.

What I want to know is: does the Stuffy Doll's regeneration ability supersede its immunity to Wish, or does its immunity to Wish supersede its regeneration ability? (Both cannot, as written, function the way that they do right now, as one must supersede the other.)
    Last edited by Lonely Tylenol; 2012-09-26 at 11:13 PM.
    Homebrew!

Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Version 15
    Leadership
    Cohort #1: Thrallherd with divert teleport and a ring of 3 wishes.

Cohort #2 (Thrallherd's Thrall): Dweomerkeeper with 4x greater teleport and enough weights to put himself exactly 3 lbs. below cohort #1's carrying capacity.

Day 1:
    I die to the creature's ability.
    Cohort #1 locates a sphere of annihilation and stations himself nearby.
    Cohort #1 sends his thrall to the creature and manifests divert teleport.
    Cohort #2 attempts to supernatural greater teleport (no SR) himself and the creature into the sphere of annihilation.
    Cohort #1 uses divert teleport to divert cohort #2 away from the sphere of annihilation. If cohort #2 has no passenger, the attempt succeeds and cohort #2 is saved from utter destruction. If the creature failed his save then cohort #2 & passenger are over cohort #1's weight limited and the divert teleport fails. Both cohort #2 and the creature are annihilated for good.
    If the creature passed his save, retry 3 more times then go to the next day.

Day 2+:
    Send in one of the thrallherd's many fanatically loyal minions into his death against the creature.
    Repeat everything else.

Keep retrying until the creature rolls a 1 on his save.

Cohort #1 uses ring of 3 wishes to wish me back to life.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-09-26 at 11:15 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)