New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

Songdancer sighed.
    He got up and walked to his and Naku's room, curling up on the bed and falling asleep, obviously upset over something.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #512

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Aiden is still ignoring the pony. Some kid talking to him helps with that, and he glances at the crusader. "I'm fine, kid. Don't need your help to stay warm."
    "Are you sure? you seemed to be pretty cold...."
    He says, crouching down and ignoring Songdancer because that's what happens for being a PONY! he doesn't even have idea if it's even sentient, he didn't exactly listen to the music or where it came from since he.... Is not a musical fanatic
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #513
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria winces upon seeing the brand.

Oh my lord.

That's awful.

How did you get away?
    Last edited by Felandria; 2012-12-31 at 10:50 PM.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

"I stabbed myself while we were out, when I knew the nearest healer wasn't the one in Ostrim Tower. They left me there, with instructions to send me back in the morning, but I escaped first, since healing leaves the person who does it weakened.

After that, I headed back, and, with some assistance from one of the mages and his Bond-Mate, got the others free."

5. - Top - End - #515
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "I stabbed myself while we were out, when I knew the nearest healer wasn't the one in Ostrim Tower. They left me there, with instructions to send me back in the morning, but I escaped first, since healing leaves the person who does it weakened.

After that, I headed back, and, with some assistance from one of the mages and his Bond-Mate, got the others free."
    Smart.

Did you leave your captors alive?

6. - Top - End - #516

"I said I'm fine," Aiden says. And he certainly seems to be doing better than he was when he came in from outside. "I'm just not used to it being this cold."

7. - Top - End - #517

Well! Naku's back from bathing.

She comes hopping down the stairs, 2 to 3 at a time, still running a comb through her hair.

She's, for those who haven't really met her yet, somewhat tall, has nearly floor length, dark purple hair, red eyes (they used to be pretty much nothing but orbs of blood before she left, but they recently just changed to look normal. Just red.), and two fairly prominent fangs.

Yeah. She's very obviously a vampire.

For those that did know her before she left! Her eyes, as previously mentioned, look a bit different, and her fangs are much more . . . noticeable.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Pixie in the Playground

He shrugs, smiling at her, and waving to his brother, presumably so that Torment can take over if it should prove necessary.

"It bears my name, so I prefer to keep it around. And it can help with things like what happened earlier, which occur surprisingly often, too..."
    She smiled back, tilting her head for a different perspective. "Bears your name... and what is your name?"

HALOです。

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Smart.

Did you leave your captors alive?

"Yes. Considering that each individual mage-house was capable of taking on an army or two, it would have been rather foolish to try to do otherwise. Especially as all of them were rather vindictive..."

Quote Originally Posted by Siena View Post
    She smiled back, tilting her head for a different perspective. "Bears your name... and what is your name?"
    "My name is Sorrow," he replies quietly, quirking his head as well. "And your own would be?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-01-01 at 12:37 AM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Pixie in the Playground

"My name is Sorrow," he replies quietly, quirking his head as well. "And your own would be?"
    She eyed Sorrow for a little while and then remembered she was supposed to reply. "My name is Vo," she said, removing her hat to fully reveal her face. Vo's features were fairly attractive, albeit a little hollow or bony. Her skin was so soft it seemed fragile, with unusual gray undertones. Her eyes were purple and matched her hair, which was long with funny strands. "I'm a traveling witch," she continued, although her witchy-equipment consisted of a floppy hat, a spell book and a broom whose only qualification as such was that it was made of wood (both of which currently not present) and a paper fan instead of a wand. "I give favors in exchange for favors."
    With that, Vo placed the giant floppy hat back atop her head and adjusted it to make sure the fox pin was in just the right spot.

HALOです。

11. - Top - End - #521
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes. Considering that each individual mage-house was capable of taking on an army or two, it would have been rather foolish to try to do otherwise. Especially as all of them were rather vindictive..."
    Fair enough.

Tell me, Fear, is it?

When it comes right down to it, when do you feel more....you?

Like this, or the other way?
    Last edited by Felandria; 2013-01-01 at 04:38 AM.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siena View Post
    She eyed Sorrow for a little while and then remembered she was supposed to reply. "My name is Vo," she said, removing her hat to fully reveal her face. Vo's features were fairly attractive, albeit a little hollow or bony. Her skin was so soft it seemed fragile, with unusual gray undertones. Her eyes were purple and matched her hair, which was long with funny strands. "I'm a traveling witch," she continued, although her witchy-equipment consisted of a floppy hat, a spell book and a broom whose only qualification as such was that it was made of wood (both of which currently not present) and a paper fan instead of a wand. "I give favors in exchange for favors."
    With that, Vo placed the giant floppy hat back atop her head and adjusted it to make sure the fox pin was in just the right spot.

"A pleasure to meet you,"
    he replies softly, lapsing into silence for a bit in turn, carefully considering the witch. "Though I must confess to some curiosity as to what you mean by 'witch'... There was only one known as such in my world, and I rather suspect that you share relatively few traits with her."

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Fair enough.

Tell me, Fear, is it?

When it comes right down to it, when do you feel more....you?

Like this, or the other way?
    "When I am like this, in this form. When I'm not, the other way. Which portion of myself is most prevalent in my mind, at least on that level, alters with my body. But if I had to choose, based solely on how I feel about them both, I suppose I would pick this one..."

13. - Top - End - #523
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post

She comes hopping down the stairs, 2 to 3 at a time, still running a comb through her hair.

She's, for those who haven't really met her yet, somewhat tall, has nearly floor length, dark purple hair, red eyes (they used to be pretty much nothing but orbs of blood before she left, but they recently just changed to look normal. Just red.), and two fairly prominent fangs.

For those that did know her before she left! Her eyes, as previously mentioned, look a bit different, and her fangs are much more . . . noticeable.

Fade serves the drinks he was aked and then turns his attention to Naku. Well after all the guest seem to talk with each other.

"Got a nice meal there?" he asks the vampire.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #524
    Orc in the Playground

"When I am like this, in this form. When I'm not, the other way. Which portion of myself is most prevalent in my mind, at least on that level, alters with my body. But if I had to choose, based solely on how I feel about them both, I suppose I would pick this one..."
    I know exactly what you mean.

Yeah, being this big can be challenging on occasion, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

I don't want to sound conceited, but look at me, I've had to deal with creeps and alpha males taking one look at me deciding I was some kind of prize to claim, I've had altar boys get possessed by dark spirits in an attempt to force themselves on me, I've been groped so many times I've felt like a ripe melon.

But now...

Felandria smirks.

I have the upper hand.

I used to THINK I could use my looks to get what I wanted, but even when I was "only" six four, half the guys I met couldn't even pretend to treat me as anything other than a conquest, always so condescending, and always calling me hurtful names if I rejected their advances, because obviously when you don't want to have sex with a fat, smelly barbarian, you must be a stuck up trollop.

Now, though, if someone tries to get flirty, they always come to me with respect, and they always treat me properly.

But I'm getting off track, I didn't mean to be rude earlier, but you said you might know where I could get some high quality magic items, perhaps somewhere that I could find things a mere emporium can't offer?

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig turns to Naku once she clambers down the stairs.
    "So, you're the owner of this place?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #526

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "I said I'm fine," Aiden says. And he certainly seems to be doing better than he was when he came in from outside. "I'm just not used to it being this cold."
    "Ok then..."
    He doesn't say much else, just moves to another side of the fireplace to sit down.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527
    Pixie in the Playground

"A pleasure to meet you,"
    he replies softly, lapsing into silence for a bit in turn, carefully considering the witch. "Though I must confess to some curiosity as to what you mean by 'witch'... There was only one known as such in my world, and I rather suspect that you share relatively few traits with her."
    "What's not witchy enough?" Vo asked, then actually thought about it. In a short skirt and orange thigh high boots, she certainly didn't seem like a traditional witch. The one he knew probably had tons of wrinkles and an awful dental plan... She hmmmm'd softly, still contemplating it. "If I had to say what defined a witch... it would be the hat. Maybe not floppy but definitely cone shaped." She nodded matter-of-fact like, then smiled and gave Sorrow a wink to show she wasn't serious.
    "What was your witch like?"

HALOです。

18. - Top - End - #528

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Fade serves the drinks he was aked and then turns his attention to Naku. Well after all the guest seem to talk with each other.

"Got a nice meal there?" he asks the vampire.
    When Naku hears this comment, she looks very, very upset for a moment, but quickly gets it under control.
    "Don't ask that please, Fade."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dipsnig turns to Naku once she clambers down the stairs.
    "So, you're the owner of this place?"
    Then she turns to Dipsnig, and nods. "I am, at that. What can I do for you?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

"I was just curious. Last time I was here was over four years ago. Things have changed a lot since then, but this place seems mostly the same," Dipsnig says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #530

"I was just curious. Last time I was here was over four years ago. Things have changed a lot since then, but this place seems mostly the same," Dipsnig says.
    Naku nodded a few times, as she slowly--she was stiff, if you have to know--went over to where the body of the werewolf still lay, and went about retrieving her rifle.
    "Well, welcome back, then. Yeah, when I . . . inherited," fun fact! She totally stole ownership and is hoping the real owner never does come back! "this place from its previous owner, I've been trying to keep it about how it was; because it was nice, you know?"
    Show

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig definetly notices the pause before "inherited" but doesn't mention it yet.
    "It is a nice place. By the way, my name's Dipsnig Razortooth. The boss of NO and a member of the Council, for my sins."

22. - Top - End - #532
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amelia Jones enters through the front door glancing back over her shoulder. She continues to look behind her until the door closes and then heads to a table out of sight of any window. She looks through a menu trying to figure out what she might want. The human woman is dressed casually, a pair of jeans and an old leather jacket zipped up tight to her neck.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

23. - Top - End - #533

Dipsnig definetly notices the pause before "inherited" but doesn't mention it yet.
    "It is a nice place. By the way, my name's Dipsnig Razortooth. The boss of NO and a member of the Council, for my sins."
    "Thank you very much, Dipsnig. My name's Naku; s'a pleasure to meet you."
    Though with that, she looks over at the newcomer, and asks,

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Amelia Jones enters through the front door glancing back over her shoulder. She continues to look behind her until the door closes and then heads to a table out of sight of any window. She looks through a menu trying to figure out what she might want. The human woman is dressed casually, a pair of jeans and an old leather jacket zipped up tight to her neck.
    "Welcome to the DFI; just lemme know whenever you decide on somethin'."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #534
    Bugbear in the Playground

When Naku hears this comment, she looks very, very upset for a moment, but quickly gets it under control.
    "Don't ask that please, Fade."

Then she turns to Dipsnig, and nods. "I am, at that. What can I do for you?"
    Fade shrugs.

"Well then you should maybe try to hide what you are."

After all he just wanted to be nice.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #535
    Orc in the Playground

[The Day Before]

Felandria walks through the forest down a narrow path, occasionally ducking branches.

She pauses to reach inside her Handy Haversack and pulls out a loaf of bread, she breaks off a small piece and puts it near her hair, where it is snatched by a tiny hand.

She takes a bite and continues walking, humming to herself.

Hey, when we gonna see some action?

Styx crawls out onto Felandria's shoulder.

Look, Styx, even at this size, it takes time to get places.

I don't understand why we couldn't keep the Pegasus or even the donkey wagon.

Look, first of all, you have wings, if you are so desperate for action, you can always leave.

Come on, Fifi, you know I wouldn't do that to you, what would you do without me?

You don't want me to answer that.

I left the wagon with the rest of the party because I don't fit in it and the Pegasus went back to Olympus because I'm trying not too draw TOO much attention to myself, and between my size and the imp hiding in my hair, I've already got two strikes on that front.

Maybe if you learned a teleportation spell or something...

Maybe I could show you that one spell again....

NO!

I still have a twitch.

I'll be good.

Good.

Don't worry, by this time tomorrow, we'll be at the inn Sara told me about.

At hearing that name, Styx frowns.

Sara.

That's the girl you told me about before, the pirate bard.

The one you....

Felandria angrily snatches Styx in her hand and holds him right up to her face.

I DIDN'T KILL HER!

I told you, that monster stole my body and used HIS wand to cast the fireball.

Besides, we could have resurrected her if the king's guard hadn't betrayed us and destroyed the ashes.

Felandria starts to cry.

Shh, don't cry, big girls don't cry.

Look, if it makes you feel better, I know you're a good person, believe me, I've tried to change that, but I've never met someone less corruptible than you, and I've dealt with dozens of paladins.

Felandria chuckles.

See, that's better.

I didn't mean anything, I was just making sure that's who you were talking about, I've heard you talk about her, I know she was a good friend and she meant a lot to you.

Thanks.

Yeah, she was.

She loved her drink even more than I did, maybe even more than the dwarf.

She said she loved the Dancing Fox and said if I was ever in that part of the world, I had to go there.

So just be patient, we'll be there soon.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you very much, Dipsnig. My name's Naku; s'a pleasure to meet you."
    "Pleasure to meet you too. Out of curiosity, do you know if this inn is older than Trog's? I know Trog's is pretty ancient, but this place was already pretty established when I got here."

27. - Top - End - #537

"Pleasure to meet you too. Out of curiosity, do you know if this inn is older than Trog's? I know Trog's is pretty ancient, but this place was already pretty established when I got here."
    Naku shakes her head once, her hair coming loose and flipping into her face.
    As she fiddles with her bangs to get them to stay put, she replies with "Nah, Trog's was around for forever even before we got here."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #538
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amelia sets down the menu and turns to Naku. She figures she better keep this impromptu visit fairly cheap.

"Thnanks, could I get a Guilders Ale and some chips and salsa?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

29. - Top - End - #539

Aiden seems to have mostly warded off the cold, he certainly isn't shivering anymore. He turns over to Naku, but sees that she's busy with someone else, deciding he'll make his request a little later.

30. - Top - End - #540

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Fade shrugs.

"Well then you should maybe try to hide what you are."

After all he just wanted to be nice.
    Naku just shakes her head at this; that wasn't what was getting at her.
    What was getting at her was why she had been bloody. Which is a story she will probably never tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Amelia sets down the menu and turns to Naku. She figures she better keep this impromptu visit fairly cheap.

"Thanks, could I get a Guilders Ale and some chips and salsa?"

"Yeah, of course." Naku says, and kneels to pull the drink mixes out from under the bar.
    "The chips'll be just a minute." Naku informs her as she mixes up the drink for her, before handing it across the bar.
    Show