New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: They All Uprose (Dark Heresy IC)

"Surely, my friend, it would be much easier on the both of us if I just paid you you for the items, sight unseen, and I went down there myself to get them? You get to keep whatever I don't take, and you don't have to go down there, yourself.
    Surely, somebody else has already made you a similar offer.
    And, most assuredly - if you can just tell me what type of thing to look for, I could look for another vault, myself and leave yours untouched."
    Gabe bargained, producing some ecclesiastical notes from inside his his robes and quietly placing them upon the booth.
    "I might even pay very well if you described any other man who sought this information from you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Charm47 - (1d100)[3]
    Barter47 - (1d100)[82]
    Scrutiny35 - (1d100)[13]
    Awareness35 - (1d100)[61] (To see if this transaction is attracting attention. It isn't every day a heavily-armed cleric produces some throne at a scavenger's stall)
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

"Aye, sir, 'tis, at that. Yeah, that guy you was lookin' for? Got 'imself an apartment, that 'e did." Taking the money, the merchant counted it carefully and stuffed it into a pocket, handing the small charge pack to Severus. "Fink he was lookin' fer somefin on the surface, though, that goes for most o' us, eh? 'e were staying up in the 'ab levels, wif the fancy types as can afford it."

Smiling again, the merchant spread his hands to show he didn't know anything more. "You enjoy your purchase there, friend."

Solomon's man looked dissapointed that the bounty hunter didn't seem interested in buying the pistol, taking the weapon in his hands and offering it up for inspection, as if that might increase his chances of making a sale. "No, no, not too large. Just a modified assault boat, I think. Couldn't have fit more than a handful of men in it, and they must have left in a hurry once it went down. I certainly didn't see anyone, just what they left behind."

"Weeeeell..." The man seemed to be considering it, looking at the pile of money Gabe had put in front of him. Nobody else was paying it much attention beyond jealous glances, probably wishing they'd managed to find whatever it was Gabe seemed keen on buying first. "Most of them, they was men like me. Looking for something. I figure them vaults is where the STCs are. Didn't find none in the one as I got, if that's what you're after. That what you're looking for, hm? You and that other fellow?"
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    "No, no, not too large. Just a modified assault boat, I think. Couldn't have fit more than a handful of men in it, and they must have left in a hurry once it went down. I certainly didn't see anyone, just what they left behind."
    Interesting. Very interesting. Solomon kept his card-playing face on and spoke in a conversational tone: "Well, whoever that was, I'm glad for them! Did it crash far from here? One has to wonder why they didn't land here..."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-10-13 at 11:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

"Tell me about the other fellow." Gabe prompted immediately, trying to keep his tone conversational.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Aye, sir, 'tis, at that. Yeah, that guy you was lookin' for? Got 'imself an apartment, that 'e did." Taking the money, the merchant counted it carefully and stuffed it into a pocket, handing the small charge pack to Severus. "Fink he was lookin' fer somefin on the surface, though, that goes for most o' us, eh? 'e were staying up in the 'ab levels, wif the fancy types as can afford it."

Smiling again, the merchant spread his hands to show he didn't know anything more. "You enjoy your purchase there, friend."
    "Thank you very much. And that's quite interesting friend", responded Severus amiably, "pray tell though, there are actually fancy types on Klybo? Who'd have ever thought..."

Severus lingers for a while, chatting with the merchant, in case he can find out any more information, and keeping an eye on the other cell-members, to be ready to move as soon as they've finished their own inquiries.
    Arbitrator Reinhart avatar, courtesy of LCP.

My other avatars.

Spoiler
    Show

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, courtesy of Araveugnitsuga.

Warden of Divisio Immoralis, courtesy of The_Architect.

WotS group by LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke1133 View Post
    Calimos, I wish I had even half your talent for verbosity.

6. - Top - End - #36

Lizardfolk

Severus will notice Novus essentially hiding in Solomon's shadow, silently waiting and doing some watching of his own, although he's less observant about it. An inherent inability to meet anyone's eyes for more than a brief glance doesn't make him a good spotter; he looks at the ground just as often as he searches for his fellow acolytes or trouble. On the bright side, he isn't getting himself lost or causing trouble, so there's that.
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

~ Sophistemon

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

"One would imagine they got caught in a sandstorm, trying to land on the planet. Looking for something, of course, everyone is looking for something. Sometimes we find something, hm?" Putting the laspistol back down, the merchant raised a questioning eyebrow at Solomon. "I assure you, it is in excellent condition, if that is what you're concerned about."

"Fancy's relative. Won't find no spire nobles around here, but some of them as go looking for the STCs, they've got backing, eh? Not sure where your man found his, though." The merchant lapsed into small talk easily, seemingly happy with selling the psyker his charge pack.

"Oh, him, well. He were this tall, sorta hawkish lookin' blighter. Didn't trust him none, no sir. Going about askin' questions 'bout people digging up things, he were. Under the city, under the desert. No, I didn't tell him about my vault. Reckon he would've shot me and had the lot, quick as you like." The old man's beard waggled as he shook his head at Gabe. "That one an' his friend are bad news, you'll see. Spend enough time here, you learn to pick out the bad ones."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

8. - Top - End - #38

"Fancy's relative. Won't find no spire nobles around here, but some of them as go looking for the STCs, they've got backing, eh? Not sure where your man found his, though." The merchant lapsed into small talk easily, seemingly happy with selling the psyker his charge pack.
    Severus nodded to the merchant.

"Indeed, indeed. Who'd go about searching for such things without backing. Expeditions of that sort must be lengthy and costly, one would imagine. You did say he actually found an STC or you were refering to his backing?" Severus acted genuinely surprised. "In the former case, I really wonder how he pulled that off. Many come to Klybo searching for one but most say it's a fool's errand. Do you know that he found an STC for a fact?"

My other avatars.

Spoiler
    Show

WotS group by LCP

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

"What? No, nobody's found any of them. I meant his backing." The man shrugged, settling back against the wall. "Most of the people who come here are the sort looking to make a fortune, not spend one."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #40

"Oh, I see. His backing. Well...", Severus said rubbing absently his chin, as if trying to remember something, "...it certainly is remarkable, now that you mention it. It is true indeed that most people come here seeking a fortune, but this may not always be the case. Maybe he tried that before and returned now, better prepared for whatever he's looking for. Perhaps some sort of eccentric noble wanted to get a good chance at been regarded as a patron of science, funding such an exploratory expedition in Klybo, and V.R. happened to have the right connections. Everything is possible".

"Although, one has to be careful with how he spends his funds, lest they're depleted before his purpose is fullfilled. Is his spending so obvious, apart from the fact that he resides in better conditions in the hab blocks? He's hired people from here for jobs, for example, or purchased any expensive equipment?"

My other avatars.

Spoiler
    Show

WotS group by LCP

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

"I assure you, [the pistol] is in excellent condition, if that is what you're concerned about."
    "I'm sure it is. Do you remember where that crashed shuttle was?" Solomon inquired.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-10-15 at 04:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

"He weren't too concerned about running out. Put a pair of shuttles on indefinite lease, hired a couple of us to help 'im out on the surface. Didn't hear of him buying any equipment, though, and I ain't seen the guys he hired since... oh, coupla weeks ago, maybe."

"On the surface." Soloman's chosen conversation partner shrugged. "I don't know co-ordinates, sorry."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabe reached inside his robes again and produced the pict recording of Viator Raltus.
    "Is this the 'other fellow' in question?" he asks.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

14. - Top - End - #44

"He weren't too concerned about running out. Put a pair of shuttles on indefinite lease, hired a couple of us to help 'im out on the surface. Didn't hear of him buying any equipment, though, and I ain't seen the guys he hired since... oh, coupla weeks ago, maybe."

"Hmm...I see. They may have been quite busy then, working for him and all. Alright. Thank you very much for the conversation and the charge pack sir. May the Emperor smile upon your endeavours and your business as well. I will be on my way now".

My other avatars.

Spoiler
    Show

WotS group by LCP

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

"On the surface." Soloman's chosen conversation partner shrugged. "I don't know co-ordinates, sorry."
    "Pity," said Solomon, resolving to investigate further. "Well, I'm afraid fifty Thrones is quite above what I can afford if I hope to find any decent accommodations in this hellhole. Thanks all the same, and good luck."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, well, alright then." The merchant Solomon had been talking to put his pistol away. "Well, good luck with your searching, friend. Remember me if you get a few thrones together, I only carry quality here."

Gabe received a nod of affirmation in response to his question, and stubborn denial of the knowledge of any further details. The bearded man hadn't wanted anything to do with Raltus, it seemed, and had kept his distance. By this point, most of the conversation was over, and a squad of harried looking navy personnel were trying to navigate the corridor of merchants, hastily fending off the items pushed in their direction. Looking behind them, Novus saw that another group had just rounded the corner. It was starting to get crowded down here...

Spoiler
    Show
    where to, gentlemen (and m'lady)?
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-10-18 at 09:38 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

17. - Top - End - #47

Severus moved forward, having finished his conversation with the merchant.

Utilizing his micro-bead, he sent the following message to the other cell members.

"Move when ready. It's getting crowded in here. We need to compile any information acquired from marketplace and choose our next destination. V.R. has been seen here, resides in the hab levels, which are above this section and has some serious - if obscure - backing".

My other avatars.

Spoiler
    Show

WotS group by LCP

18. - Top - End - #48

Lizardfolk

Novus shrinks further into his mesh cloak until it looks like it's eating him. More people always make him nervous because it means more potential psychopaths; unsurprisingly, he isn't willing to leave Solomon the Crowd-Parter's shadow to force his way through to Severus on his own. When the arbitrator moves, Novus will be close behind.

Until then, he thinks about what he's just been told. Novus would choose to act with extreme caution, like he usually does, if he was in charge, but these others are probably going to want more speed. At least that gets him off this rock faster. Hopefully they'll go to the apartments, find one to make a temporary base while they're on the outpost, and then move in force to raid Raltus's own apartment. If Novus knows his own luck, Raltus won't be there, but some kind of trouble will.

~ Sophistemon

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Leaving the merchants behind in light of the crowd of Navy trying to get through, the acolytes found that the impromptu market got thinner the further they were from the shuttle bay. It looked like it got thicker again up ahead, though, clustered around another pair of airlock doors, so they took a side passage deeper into the station, looking for the hab levels. The Navy seemed to be good about posting signs, at least, pointing the direction to the station's various facilities. Gradually, they got a sense for the layout of the place.

The mid levels were administration and housing, signs pointing out the docking authority, administratum offices, and mechanicus templum. Down below were hydroponics and munitions storage, as well as links to the vast fuel tanks necessary to keep the navy vessels that stopped here running. The whole station was supposed to be self sufficient, as well as supplying restock for ships, and the size of the hydroponics operation it would require was staggering to think about. Up above were billets for Navy officers and personnel on shore leave, entertainment for the same, and a collection of offices and housing for the Imperial officials that called 68743-Alpha home. It had originally all been for them, but the prospectors had moved in soon after it was built, using the station as a waypoint on their trips to the surface of Klybo, and part of the hab levels had been given over to them in order to avoid having them getting in the way of work down in the sublevels.

After a little searching, they were able to find the office responsible for leasing apartments on the station. It was tucked away in a back corner of the administratum wing, which meant navigating between towering cabinets holding stacks of files and dodging servitors carrying more of the same between the various offices. The place was cramped, even moreso than the rest of the station, and full of twisting side passages that led nowhere in particular. Solomon suspected the Administratum liked it that way. Eventually, they reached the office, run by a single very bored looking clerk in dull grey robes. He peered at them over the rim of his glasses as they entered, raising his quill to his ledger. "Names?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

I've seen less depressing prisons, thought Solomon as they walked deeper into the station. Who in his right mind would choose to make a living here?

"Solomon Tark," he introduced himself to the clerk.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

21. - Top - End - #51

The hooded figure of the psyker loomed over the Administratum clerk, and observed the surroundings for a while, before responding.

"Severus Drake".

My other avatars.

Spoiler
    Show

WotS group by LCP

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Falkenrath made his way to the front of their group, to better look the clerk in the eyes as he declares himself to be

"Viator Raltus."

Now, if the Clerk had any sense at all, he should be able to guess that the feudal warrior was not the Archaeologist he claimed to be. Joss watched carefully for his reaction. With luck, this move may flush out their quarry.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

23. - Top - End - #53

Lizardfolk

Always nervous about giving out his name in case it draws the attention of old acquaintances, Novus is working up the courage to step forward and speak when Joss beats him to it. He stops, puzzled by what the assassin hopes to achieve here. Still, it gets him off the hook for a few moments, so he stays silent and watches.

~ Sophistemon

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

The clerk blinked at Joss, looking the warrior up and down. He peered down at his ledger, ran his finger down the page, and tapped an entry. "It appears that you already have an apartment leased, Mr. Raltus. Unless there are two of you, or you are not in fact Mr. Raltus. In which case I would like your real name, thank you."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Joss leaned forward, placing his hands on the desk. The stance pushes his cloak open, revealing the weapons hidden beneath. The Assassin glanced down, trying to get a look in the ledger. "And which apartment is that? I've forgotten the exact address." He looks up at the clerk, a feral grin on his face.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

The clerk stayed where he was, looking impassively at the impressive collection of weapons. He coughed. "You are not the Mr. Raltus who has leased that particular apartment. Accessing that information would require you provide proof of proper authority and fill out a copy of form 193 B, not 193 A, for access to non-classified Administratum files. Now."

Looking past Joss at the other acolytes, the clerk continued. "There is a line. Is there something else I may help you with, or perhaps you might let Mr. Tark and Mr. Drake through to conduct their business?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Joss looked down at the ledger again. He couldn't read the entries upside down, but there was an easy fix for that. "I need this." The assassin declares, before picking up the ledger, careful to keep the proper page marked. He steps aside to read, clearing the way for the others in the 'line.' That should keep the clerk happy, right?
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Amusement dawned in Solomon's black eyes. I'm liking this fellow already, he thought.

"It'd be easier for all of us if you cooperated, sir," he told the clerk, his voice calm and almost apologetic. "My partner here has little patience for bureaucracy and I don't have direct authority over him." Old tactic to get people to talk; good arbitrator, bad arbitrator, they called it on his homeworld.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-10-25 at 08:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

29. - Top - End - #59

Lizardfolk

Novus also likes Joss, in that the other man seems great at drawing attention to himself and away from nerve-wracked adepts. He inches away from both the assassin and Solomon, now that he's joining in too, and tries to look unimportant. Under his cloak, he grips his pistol again. Hopefully this won't come to trouble, but when has hope ever done much for anyone?

~ Sophistemon

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabriel stayed quiet whilst Joss performed his song and dance before stepping up to the counter.
    "It is beyond the scope of your position for you to know all the works of the Imperium." the young priest intones. "Your duty to the Emperor and His Imperium requires you to say nothing about this encounter to anybody."

Gabriel smiled a cruel smile and touched the hilt of his scimitar.
    "I'd hate to tell my superiors that we need to purge this station, for its people have forgotten about their Sacred Duty to Him on Terra."
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me