New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by demigodus View Post
    *If the party barbarian triggers a trap of Evard's Black Tentacles, I can't sit back with the rest of the party drinking tea, while we wait for the trap duration to run out
    **Calculating that there is no way for the barbarian to possibly die from this is no excuse
    *** Its likely, if not expected, that the DM will alter the trap to make it more lethal, just to make the rest of the party look bad.
    Member of the Belkar Fanclub

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeWizard View Post
    Jade Phoenix Mages have the coolest capstone ability ever. They explode. Low on health? explode. Surrounded? expolde. Outsiders? explode. Explode? explode. Come back a few rounds later with all your hp.

R.I.P. Gary Gygax

2. - Top - End - #572
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

*I am not aloud to murder people while drinking tea.
    **I can't murder people then have tea either.
    Alexander leah and Kymme deserves much love and appreciation.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Unbeknownst View Post
    ***Nor may I murder people with tea. Or the makings for tea.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

I disagree.

'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    ***Nor may I murder people with tea. Or the makings for tea.
    ****This includes teaspoons
    *****...and teacups.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

My magic-user is not allowed to one-shot a high-level assassin without looking up from his work as a Swift action: whether that be crafting items, studying scrolls/tomes/what have you, drinking tea, or casting a spell with a looong casting time.

Weapon-like spells no longer gain damage from any source other than the spell itself, rules be damned.

Weapon-like spells are no longer allowed to critically hit, unless they're directed at my character.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2012-12-13 at 01:24 AM.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    ...Shouldn't that be the other way around?
    both actually, basically any instance of hentai and DnD should be separated by at least 5 hours

ahem...

**When receiving Assassins I should remember that for assassinsthe same rules apply as for BBEG's during their monologue. i have to let them have at least 1 round to attack me. (death attacks excluded)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

8. - Top - End - #578
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    both actually, basically any instance of hentai and DnD should be separated by at least 5 hours

ahem...

**When receiving Assassins I should remember that for assassinsthe same rules apply as for BBEG's during their monologue. i have to let them have at least 1 round to attack me. (death attacks excluded)
    ***This does not work the other way around. If I'm playing an assassin and I get spotted, I'm not still entitled to a full round of attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGoW View Post
    95% of martial problems can be solved by Tome of Battle...

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by demigodus View Post
    ***This does not work the other way around. If I'm playing an assassin and I get spotted, I'm not still entitled to a full round of attacks.
    ****I will not complain against the DM that tis is unfair. I'm a PC and should like it.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
    My magic-user is not allowed to one-shot a high-level assassin without looking up from his work as a Swift action: whether that be crafting items, studying scrolls/tomes/what have you, drinking tea, or casting a spell with a looong casting time.
    *A Barbarian is not allowed to one-shot a high-level assassin without looking up from his work as an AoO, whether that be sharpening his sword, learning to read, drinking tea, or foraging for food.
    Last edited by Kazyan; 2012-12-13 at 09:13 AM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    *A Barbarian is not allowed to one-shot a high-level assassin without looking up from his work as an AoO, whether that be sharpening his sword, learning to read, drinking tea, or foraging for food.
    The most disturbing part is that your barbarians are allowed to drink tea.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
    The most disturbing part is that your barbarians are allowed to drink tea.
    Barbarians have a long and storied history involving tea. They find it helps relax them after a long days slaughter, and is rather lethal as a weapon to boot.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    Barbarians have a long and storied history involving tea. They find it helps relax them after a long days slaughter, and is rather lethal as a weapon to boot.
    the DC 43 fort save against becoming Badass english doesnt hurt either
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

14. - Top - End - #584

Daemon

****I will not complain against the DM that tis is unfair. I'm a PC and should like it.
    *****I also will not remember that I'm a wizard and can make myself immune to their existence
    ******If I do, I shall not rub it in their faces
    *******I will not be surprised when they hurt me anyways, despite my immunities

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

My Wizard is no longer permitted to summon horrifically powerful monstrosities from beyond space and time for the purpose of running mundane errands.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

16. - Top - End - #586
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    My Wizard is no longer permitted to summon horrifically powerful monstrosities from beyond space and time for the purpose of running mundane errands.
    **Small-scale magical errands are still mundane enough to count.
    ***Moderate-scale errands might be workable if you cut back on the "horrifically powerful" part.
    ****Why are you trusting some incomprehensible abomination with your most important tasks?
    *****No longer allowed to summon such entities.
    SSBitP
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "Creativity is the art of knowing how to hide one's sources." - Original quote, DO NOT STEAL.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Firbolg in the Playground

**Nor am I allowed to become a horrifically powerful monstrosity in the name of terrifying people as I run mundane errands.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

**If i want something done I should find myself a couple of PC's
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

19. - Top - End - #589

* Assembling the worlds first Mariachi Band is no longer an acceptable motivation for my Abyssal Exalted.
    Fantastic avatar by Akrim.elf.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Snowman View Post
    * Assembling the worlds first Mariachi Band is no longer an acceptable motivation for my Abyssal Exalted.
    * Basing an Abyssal Perfect Circle on Dethklok is out of the questions.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

**If i want something done I should find myself a couple of PC's
    ***I can not then procede to take over DMing at the point where PC's decided to take on tasks for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    ***I can not then procede to take over DMing at the point where PC's decided to take on tasks for me.
    **** I may not introduce my PC as "Gandalf the Gray, Giver of Random Low-Level Quests."
    Last edited by Adoendithas; 2012-12-14 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Typos!
    Awesome avatar by I♥P&P!

23. - Top - End - #593

Daemon

**I especially may not do this as a True Namer
    ***No, not even if I had hit level 20 with him
    ****Why did you play a True Namer for 20 levels anyways? Do you hate ice cream?

24. - Top - End - #594
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adoendithas View Post
    **** I may not introduce my PC as "Gandalf the Gray, Giver of Random Low-Level Quests."
    ***** Nor may I wear rainbow clothing and give quests based on double entendres.
    ****** Red clothing and quests based on wheelless modes of transport are right out.
    ******* Also claiming to be the founder of Virginia.
    ******** Or any body of water.
    ********* "Gandalf the Fey" might work. If I am actually alergic to iron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

*When in doubt as a bard, the proper response is not more cowbell.
    **No, not even then.
    ***In fact cows no longer exists in this setting.
    *Creating a Christopher Walken expy in response to the above will result in objects thrown at me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adoendithas View Post
    ***** I may not then proceed to give out horrifically dangerous and impossible tasks, like sending a 1st-level commoner into the Abyss to slay Demogorgon.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

"Does not trust wheels" is not a real flaw and I am to remember this.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyTropes View Post
    *I may no longer create mildly insane characters
    **Said mildly crazy characters cannot gain magical powers from head trauma unlocking magical genetics
    ***I may most certainly not begin to worship a rock that hit said characters head as the god known as James
    ****Under no circumstances am I to derail the plot in order to establish a Church of James.
    *****Especially if its successful, and the aforementioned character starts to acquire followers.

*I may not push the barbarian down four flights of stairs. This is generally considered impolite.
    **Casting defensive buffs beforehand does not counter act the pushing down the stairs act.
    ***I am not to complain when my character ends up with broken legs.
    ****Pushing the barbarian down the stairs is perfectly acceptable if he is a follower of the Church of James.
    Long-form Sig

29. - Top - End - #599
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

* I May Not Kill An Enemy By Throwing A Ferret At Them
    ** This Goes Double If Said Ferret Is A Low Level Familiar

30. - Top - End - #600

Quote Originally Posted by Flame9006 View Post
    * I May Not Kill An Enemy By Throwing A Ferret At Them
    ** This Goes Double If Said Ferret Is A Low Level Familiar
    ***Triple If Said Ferret Also Follows The Church Of James.
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight for letting me adopt my Pikeman Avatar.
    A Tricking Website