New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Flame9006 View Post
    * I May Not Kill An Enemy By Throwing A Ferret At Them
    ** This Goes Double If Said Ferret Is A Low Level Familiar
    Well...with the attach special, it works pretty well if you place it right.

Best if it's the person on the other side of the familiar link doing it, though.

*I may not change the setting away from the DM's intention.
    **Particularly when using better than modern-day technology in a post-apocalyptic game.
    Games I'm in:

Spoiler
    Show
    Askaretha's Ascension as Vaishirth

2. - Top - End - #602
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Flame9006 View Post
    * I May Not Kill An Enemy By Throwing A Ferret At Them
    ** This Goes Double If Said Ferret Is A Low Level Familiar
    This reminds me of a character I have...

* My Witch's Weasel familiar should not be the face of the party.
    ** Even if it can speak common.
    *** Even if it does have the highest diplomacy of the party.
    **** Especially if said weasel sports a tiny weasel fitted noble's outfit.

* My Witch's Weasel familiar should not have a higher AC than the party fighter.
    ** A tiny sized chain shirt and light armor proficiency on a weasel IS silly no matter how I play it.

* My Witch's Weasel familiar should not have a higher Stealth than the party Rogue.
    ** Sneaking into the boss's trousers with a Shocking Grasp is terrible no matter how funny it is or how well it works.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

*Playing a Kobold is a privilege, not a right.
    **Especially if said Kobold is Dragonwrought and senile.
    ***Senility is not a reason why he should be carrying a coloring book and will result in PCs laughing at PC.
    ****Especially when it is a Power Rangers coloring book
    *****Said PC cannot have the life's goal to become a Power Ranger, especially if he is a necromancer.
    ******Even if it is doable, gathering and animating the bones of five ancient creature just to form and utilize a ritual to combine them will result in every book in the house to be thrown at me.
    *******Finding and having group watch the original Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger Megazord video as I say "SKELEZORD SEQUENCE HAS BEEN INITIATED!!" will result in death and RL san loss.
    ********Mentioning I have no sanity to lose is frowned upon.
    *********I am not allowed to base characters off Zack or any other TV-themed PC as long as I to be known as the Power Ranger.
    **********I am not allowed to have nice things anymore.

lol, current PC right now. Expecting horrible and gruesome death followed by many facepalming days ahead.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos018 View Post
    *Playing a Kobold is a privilege, not a right.
    *Playing a kobold is no longer a privilege that I have.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

5. - Top - End - #605

SwashbucklerGuy

* After killing a Kobold with a beehive, I should NOT braid said beehive into my beard.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

6. - Top - End - #606

*My wizard is no longer allowed to transmute carbon into silver, then share his cup of coffee with the team werewolf.
    **However much he had it coming

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    *When in doubt as a bard, the proper response is not more cowbell.
    **No, not even then.
    ***In fact cows no longer exists in this setting.
    *Creating a Christopher Walken expy in response to the above will result in objects thrown at me.
    Of course it's not more cowbell. The correct response is more saxophones and could the trombones tone it down a bit.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #608
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Of course it's not more cowbell. The correct response is more saxophones and could the trombones tone it down a bit.
    What? Obviously the proper response is more vuvuzela.
    Awesome avatar by I♥P&P!

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adoendithas View Post
    What? Obviously the proper response is more vuvuzela.
    I think I have to make a new bard character now, and go purchase a certain instrument for myself in real life to "agument" my fellow player's roleplaying experience....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

10. - Top - End - #610

DruidGuy

* I may not dominate, mind trick or charm the final boss of the campaign. They're called bosses for a reason.
    ** May not object when the final boss hears the rumors about me mind controling his minions and prepares some counter-measures.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    I think I have to make a new bard character now, and go purchase a certain instrument for myself in real life to "agument" my fellow player's roleplaying experience....
    I've actually had the "pleasure" of seeing that happen in my group...as an aside, it is a Gnomish War Horn. ...he was all too eager to share the song of his people...

*My characters may no longer out damage te entire rest of the 9-person party over the course of the encounter...repeatedly.
    *I may not do so in a single round.
    *Having this character be a straight fighter is out. The casters will feel bad.
    *Having this character be a halfling isn't any better.

*I may not forget my available class abilities in play, especially if the situation could have really used them.
    *this list includes, but is not limited to the following:Detect Evil, Smite Evil, Rage, Rage Powers, Bardic Performance, Mutagen, Channel Energy, Animal Companion, any tactical Feats, any Auras, Bloodline Arcana, and Lay on Hands...
    Last edited by TheJudicator; 2012-12-17 at 03:09 PM.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Troll in the Playground

*I am not to bring a Vevusala to the gaming table
    **Even if it is to be ritually burned

*I am not allowed to let this topic reach the second page
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

13. - Top - End - #613
    Dwarf in the Playground

This might have been done at some point, but it's been a while so pardon my forgetfulness.

*If the adventure runs past 1:30 a.m. I am not allowed to sing "Good Morning" from Singing in the Rain

**When performing services for the would be king, not allowed to create the parody song: "Kingmaker" (based on "Matchmaker" from Fiddler on the Roof)

*** May no longer watch musicals on the eve of an adventure.

Edit: For formatting.
    Last edited by Jbr208; 2012-12-21 at 02:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #614

DruidGuy

**** I may not and never had a right to sing "The Wicked Witch is dead" after DMPC dies horribly.
    ***** Even if I think that said character was mary sue. In fact, especially so.
    Last edited by Hyena; 2012-12-21 at 02:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

****** If the game runs until 5am or later, Breakfast at Tiffinay's quoting and re-enacting by the PCs is to be expected.
    *******Good Morning Vietnam is a suitable alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

16. - Top - End - #616

******** Subsequent quoting of all Robin Williams movies is punishable by death

17. - Top - End - #617

DruidGuy

********* Singing "Friend like me" when playing as wizard is considered to be a bad form.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ettin in the Playground

**********Doing so as a shaper psion is just wrong.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

* I am no longer allowed to point out that the plot of the campaign up to this point bears a striking resemblance to the plot of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
    ** This goes double if this was entirely unintentional on the part of the DM.

20. - Top - End - #620

DrowGuy

I may play a Druid
    I may be addicted to mushrooms with a hallucinogenic effect.
    I may have a Wizard as cousin.
    Weird as it is, I may have a hedgehog as an animal companion.
    If I choose to use starting gold to build a sleigh, it will be seen as even weirder, but still acceptable.
    If I then declare my animal companions name as Sebastian, there will be a dawning look of understanding at the GM's face.
    Then mentioning the term Rhosgobel Rabbits, as sleighpullers gets my character attacked by an epic level Necromancer.

If during a Wraith: the Oblivion campaign I get the idea of naming my character Casper, I deserve everything I get (inspiration for this one in a ghost stories topic on this very forum, it deserved to be here)
    Last edited by Adanedhel; 2012-12-22 at 04:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    I may play a Druid
    I may be addicted to mushrooms with a hallucinogenic effect.
    I may have a Wizard as cousin.
    My cousin's name may not be Fumblemore, however.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

I am not allowed to turn a Critical Fumble with a Spiked Chain, Kusari-gama, or any other flexible weapon into a daring swinging charge attack.
    I am not allowed to grab the chandelier and swing from it, executing a daring swinging charge attack.
    I am not allowed to use a whip and the terrain to execute a daring, swinging charge attack.
    I am not allowed to use a grappling hook to execute a daring swinging charge attack.
    I am not allowed to use the ship's ropes to execute a daring, swinging charge attack.
    A critical fumble during a swinging, daring charge attack may not one-shot the BBEG, his lieutenant, or any NPC with a name.
    No, I may not shout cheesy one-liners from crappy martial arts films while executing a daring, swinging charge attack.
    I may not use Great Cleave while executing my daring, swinging charge, to kill all mooks within reach.
    The DM doesn't care if I'm a Swashbuckler specialized in fighting unarmed; daring, swinging charge attacks are no longer permitted to me under any circumstances.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2012-12-22 at 07:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #623

SwashbucklerGuy

The above also holds true for daring, swinging bull rush attempts.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Firbolg in the Playground

*Guns do not exist.
    **Yes, even if it's settings appropriate.
    **Not allowed to invent guns.
    **Not allowed to invent gunpowder.
    ***Not allowed to go on an epic quest with the sole intent of finding this world's equivalent of China so you can find the recipe for gunpowder.
    ****If at any point in the campaign, gunpowder is discovered, I can expect incoming missiles made from dead trees.
    *****Yes, all of the above applies to Napalm as well.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

25. - Top - End - #625
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    *Guns do not exist.
    **Yes, even if it's settings appropriate.
    **Not allowed to invent guns.
    **Not allowed to invent gunpowder.
    ***Not allowed to go on an epic quest with the sole intent of finding this world's equivalent of China so you can find the recipe for gunpowder.
    ****If at any point in the campaign, gunpowder is discovered, I can expect incoming missiles made from dead trees.
    *****Yes, all of the above applies to Napalm as well.
    Pointing out that napalm already exists (multi-gallon quantities of alchemist's fire) will get those dead tree missiles changed into flaming dead tree missiles.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

Pointing out that I am immune to Fire will make these missiles be powered by divine energy, thus bypassing my AC, Fire immunity, Saves, and any countermeasures I have available.

27. - Top - End - #627

Quoting Apocalypse Now will not earn you any brownie points, and will in fact result in you being dragged shrieking into the void by an eldritch horror. No saving roll.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Orc in the Playground

*I may not attempt to flirt with any young priest's assistants in an attempt to get a room at a crowded inn
    **If I do, he will get possessed by a demon and attempt to have his way with me.
    ***Even if I wasn't planning on doing anything with him in the first place, but was only hoping to blackmail him.

*I also cannot refuse a proposal of marriage from a powerful vampire living in the underdark.
    **If I do, I will have to roll will saves until I fail one.
    ***Even when leaving the underdark, I have to tell him I need time to think about his offer.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Firbolg in the Playground

* If anything I do would get anyone at the table to say "dear god why?" and not because it's a stupid action, is automatically vetoed.
    ** Even in a chaotic evi monsters game.
    *** This now extends to "dear god why?"s caused by stupidity.
    **** Even if in character, even if due to low int.
    ***** Same goes for when DMing.
    ****** Additional phrases include: "Wait.... What!?", "What in the name of-" "Why in the name of-" and "Please tell me your high."
    ******* I can not respond with yes, even as a joke.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

This is a list of things I have been told I'm not allowed to do in the Pathfinder Campaign that I play, and a couple of others from different campaigns thrown in too.

1. No longer allowed to nickname the entire party.
    2. No longer allowed to use grease to slide explosives past the range the DM allows them to be thrown.
    3. No longer allowed to roll explosives to get them past the range the DM allows them to be thrown.
    4. No longer allowed to use Mage Hand throw explosives past the range the DM allows for them to be thrown.
    5. No longer allowed to use Fireball to ignite Grease.
    6. Even if you saw it work while playing Dragon Age.
    7. No longer allowed to encourage the DM to drink hard liquor after you managed to get the party throwing your Arcane Trickster up a 40ft vertical sheer wall past the DM.
    8. No longer allowed to roll perception to see if horses have Cutie Marks.
    9. No longer allowed to ask the Paladin is his mount has a Cutie Mark.
    10. The party is called "The Dragonriders" not the "Cutie Mark Crusaders".
    11. No longer allowed to sing "Diggy Diggy Hole" whenever the Dwarf is helping to construct a fire pit for the camp.
    12. No longer allowed to force the Dwarf to do any digging when he's trying to rest or pray for some new spells
    13. Not allowed to use mimicry to attempt to communicate with creatures you can't understand.
    14. No longer allowed to yell "Sneak Attack" every time I make a Sneak Attack
    15. Even if it works in context.
    16. Not allowed to make the Monk my Arcane Familiar.
    17. Even if she is a dumb as Elan.
    18. The only reason NPCs aren't angry that you abuse Sleight of Hand to get away with paying less than you should is because the opposed Perception rolls have been terrible, you WILL eventually mess up a Sleight of Hand roll and you shouldn't brag to the party about it.
    19. Not allowed to hold a die and roll it while yelling "I perception the corpse!" to be the first to loot the nearest corpse at the end of combat.
    20. Not allowed to do the above during combat either.
    21. "Two Uses Per Day" does not mean "First and Last uses of the day".
    22. No longer allowed to volunteer to scout ahead, ninja loot the items ahead and bluff the rest of the party into thinking there was nothing.
    23. No longer allowed to "Sense Motive Everything".
    24. No longer allowed to declare "I perception the room!" when asked what you are specifically searching for.
    25. No longer allowed to play the Final Fantasy "Victory Fanfare" on my phone after we win every encounter.
    26. No longer allowed to play the Final Fantasy "Victory Fanfare" on my phone after we win the final encounter of a dungeon.
    27. The Dwarf is a Cleric of Irori, not your personal pack mule.
    28. Nor is he your personal arrow fixer, prepare that spell yourself next time you want arrows fixed.
    29. Not allowed to yell "I literally died to save your ass!" at the NPCs of the Dwarven Citadel the party saved after they resurrected you for free.
    30. Not allowed to abuse the above fact to get discounts at stores.
    31. Not allowed to abuse your hero staus and offer to declare "I'm Lili Fastpaws and this is my favourite store in the Citadel!" to get store discounts.
    32. The Paladin is not called "Kalad Jenkins".
    33. Not allowed to use a Drill as an Improvised Weapon.
    34. If the thought of any plan makes me giggle for more than 15 seconds then I'm not allowed to suggest it.
    35. You're Chaotic Good, not Chaotic Good(ish).
    36. Not allowed to yell "Arise Chicken! Chicken Arise!" when someone is healed back to positive HP (The Cleric was actually told this but it was too funny not to include).
    Last edited by Firewind; 2012-12-24 at 11:15 AM.