New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1509
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by LordVonDerp View Post
    **"Combat Plumber" is not an appropriate character concept
    that's exactly what i need! i'm going to homebrew a game for a few friends to get them into pen and paper, and i needed an idea for a knowledgeable npc! at first, i was thinking a kind of old guy, "seen it all" type! rather, i'll go with either Tuttle/buttle, or mario (appropriately grimdarkified, and grimydarkified, cos, you know... post-apocalyptic).

thank you for the term "combat plumber"!

fun fact, i called my dm since we're gonna head into sewers. guess what i'm banned as a reroll?
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

*I may not give the Eye of Vecna to the character in the party with the lowest will save, just to see what happens.

Doing that constitutes re rolling of characters with the first assignment being "Hunt down beau"

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

*I may not be able to call what monster the DM is throwing at us, when the description the DM gives is less than a sentence long, doing so gets me kicked in the leg by the DM

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    If I recall my TRON lore, the humanoid beings were programs (well, aside from the Users, but that's a different matter). You would also have Bits (and, from the 2003 game, Bytes), which would hover around and deliver information, Gridbugs, which are glitches that can swarm over and derez programs… and various other things. I think the enemies from the 2003 game gives a good starting point.
    *If this happens, I absolutely must include Crawlers. The name even sounds like they're dystopan spider-machines of doom.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Barbarian in the Playground

There's a thread in the Homebrew area titled "Explore the Internet" about this, if anyone here is interested and not aware.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by beau highbill View Post
    *I may not give the Eye of Vecna to the character in the party with the lowest will save, just to see what happens.
    Also not allowed to go trolling the black markets trying to sell the "Head of Vecna".
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Also not allowed to go trolling the black markets trying to sell the "Head of Vecna".
    **Not allowed to use this item to trick plot-important NPCs into suicide.
    ***Especially not the BBEG
    ****Even if he is looking for Vecna-parts to attach to himself.
    *****Tricking other PCs in this manner to steal their loot is right out.
    ******The only "Head of Vecna" in existence is sitting atop Vecna's neck.
    *******No, I cannot take it from him.
    ********Vecna is not willing to trade his own head for a "Head of Ao".
    *********Vorpal weapons are right out.
    Last edited by Slipperychicken; 2013-03-14 at 07:34 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1148

Devil

********* May not clone Vecna and harvest the clone's body parts.

* No longer allowed to attack party members.
    ** No longer allowed to create super-cheesy builds.
    *** No, really, a build has to have at least one weakness. Like superman to kryptonite or something. Yeah, sure, an uber-fighter with a low will save is fine.
    **** No longer allowed to create an uber-fighter with a low will save, see restriction three entries above this one.
    ***** Also, docked XP for playing the DM's restrictions off each other.
    Last edited by Reltzik; 2013-03-15 at 03:54 PM.
    I'm not an evil GM! Honest!

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Reltzik View Post
    *** No, really, a build has to have at least one weakness. Like superman to kryptonite or something. Yeah, sure, an uber-fighter with a low will save is fine.
    **** "Aleax of me who wins initiative" is not an acceptable weakness.
    *****Simulacra of yourself are not considered weaknesses either.
    Last edited by Slipperychicken; 2013-03-15 at 03:59 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ettin in the Playground

Another session, so new things!

*We may not pretend that an NPC has a speech impediment for the purpose of a pun.
    **We may not move hyphens in the description of doors to provide for inappropriate humor.
    ***The resulting jokes may not lead to us nicknaming a city after the ones mentioned in Genesis 19.
    ****Doubly so, given that there is a city in the setting that has already been destroyed by divine wrath.

*The DM does not appreciate us making every NPC/town/area name into a pun.
    **Please, for the sake of his sanity, stop. Look, the poor guy can't even make up a name off the top of his head without you doing that.
    (and, with regards to the one in my sig, I didn't miss a beat with that one. It wasn't the last pun we made about him, either.)
    A few odds and ends.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

*may not come to game drunk
    **Or buzzed
    ***may not drink heavily at game; this leads to DM headaches trying to contort the plot to my antics.
    ****It doesn't matter how funny it is no alcohol

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by saxavarius View Post
    *may not come to game drunk
    **Or buzzed
    ***may not drink heavily at game; this leads to DM headaches trying to contort the plot to my antics.
    ****It doesn't matter how funny it is no alcohol
    *****This goes doubly so for the DM
    A few odds and ends.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    *****This goes doubly so for the DM
    Hi, mds"mDe" i rxelny"peaarsDe"Dee.! How's it going?

******No beer regardless of whether I'm actively doing anything or not.
    *******If I know can't spell something properly, not allowed to try anyway.
    ********If I know I can't pronounce something properly, not allowed to try anyway.
    *********Root beer is now considered a type of beer, and therefore banned. Stop trying to say that sassy-gorilla word-thingy!
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2013-03-16 at 12:59 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Hi, mds"mDe" i rxelny"peaarsDe"Dee.! How's it going?

******No beer regardless of whether I'm actively doing anything or not.
    *******If I know can't spell something properly, not allowed to try anyway.
    ********If I know I can't pronounce something properly, not allowed to try anyway.
    *********Root beer is now considered a type of beer, and therefore banned. Stop trying to say that sassy-gorilla word-thingy!
    **********Wait what...I am drunk...root beer aint beer
    ***********NO F**KIN DRINKING!
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    ***********NO F**KIN DRINKING!
    A real one: All drinking at the table must be done from spill-proof containers. Keep the caps on bottles when not actively imbibing.

(I try to obey this one, from bitter experience.)
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Titan in the Playground

* I am no longer allowed to bring all my newly bought minis to the next session and 'encourage' everyone to use them
    **I am no longer to be surprised when the DM does opt to use them. In an encounter. All at once.
    ***I am no longer to remark about the stat cards that accompany the minis when used in this fashion
    ****I am no longer to be surprised when the DM uses the stat cards instead of an appropriate CR modification after I point them out.
    *****I am definitely not allowed to pull my party through said encounter easily with minimal losses/resource use, then announce that next session I'll be bringing more/new minis.
    ******No more minis for me, I use someone else's from now on.
    Roll for it
    5e Houserules and Homebrew
    Old Extended Signature
    Awesome avatar by Ceika

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    A real one: All drinking at the table must be done from spill-proof containers. Keep the caps on bottles when not actively imbibing.

(I try to obey this one, from bitter experience.)
    What do you mean a "real one"? All of the ones I've posted are things I've done, or tried to do, and subsequently been banned from repeating

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    I was referencing the fact that root beer is also called sarsaparilla (Sass-puh-rill-uh).
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

I was referencing the fact that root beer is also called sarsaparilla (Sass-puh-rill-uh).
    *I am not permitted to make Fallout references when the DM insists on using the word "sarsaparilla".

20. - Top - End - #1160

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    *I am not permitted to make Fallout references when the DM insists on using the word "sarsaparilla".
    **i will be booted into the [glasses pull] sunset if i talk about sarsaparilla [cue "yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahh!!]

before the session:
    *not allowed to use trees as weapons. again. this time it's a blanket rule. no exceptions.
    *"chaotic bitter" is not an alignment, so i shouldn't even think of summoning undead just to rebuke and banish them with an undead character, and no, i won't get xp for it.
    **"rebuke undead" still does not consist solely of hurling abuse at undead.
    ***while allowed a pure "vengeance" ranger for my necropolitan halfling, not allowed to learn rebuke undead.
    *not allowed to swap bow training for halfling war sling training in the above halfling. (shame, would have been logical).
    **if for some reason my halfling is hurling abuse at undead, i can't suddenly yell "shut the hell up!" and discover that i'm a sorceror because i sent a fireball. lightning is fine.
    ***"necropolitan halfling eldritch knight? from a ranger-sorceror? seriously?"
    ****"mystic theurge?! ok, eldritch knight it is." (not my intention, but i like trolling my dm)
    *permanent prestidigitation does not explain why my halfling has a hot-pink mohawk. that haircut is not explainable, never has, never will

new ones from last night's session:

*regarding insulting the dm's mooks, i either should tell the dm how i come up with them, or stop.
    ** that feat that grants you combat insults to distract opponents? banned. i don't need more reasons to insult mooks or render them even more efficient.
    *i should warn the dm next time i do something completely unexpected but totally pragmatic.
    **next time i look through the rulebook to find "regeneration", i shouldn't give up looking for it, chop off the sorceror's hand, heal the wound, and say "i'll grow it back when i've found a way to do it". the dm's eyes will boggle.
    *vorpal dwarven war axe? yeeeaaaah, no way will you get it.
    **especially if it's to replace my scalpel!
    *next time i'm wading through the cleric spell lists, i will turn the page when reading the following: "know all languages and writings", "augury", "commune", "prismatic sphere", "regeneration" (for the sole purpose of grafting mook body parts to the sorceror), and "explosive berries and acorns".
    **no grafting the sorceror a tarrasque's hand (even if it's funny)
    *i'm not a "kindly wandering doctor" anymore. i'm now a "grumpy pragmatic surgeon".
    *can't take "improvised surgery lessons" by mail or send spells.
    **this goes for the rest of my medical skills.
    ***there is no "battlefield surgery in the middle of a dungeon for dummies" book.
    *"leadership is not a feat and thus you will roleplay it if you want it" is not an excuse for me to set up secret churches of pelor everywhere.
    *nope, "pragmatic good" is not an alignment. (i'm chaotic good and i will like it!)
    *no casting cure serious wounds through pimpslaps (even if my target is the visibly shaken sorceror)
    **once again, this goes for fist bumps too.
    ***and pats on the back, unless it's cure minor wounds.
    *not allowed the following anytime, anywhere (including thinking about it): blowing up the dungeon, collapsing the dungeon, summoning bigger fish on the dungeon, annihilating the dungeon. if it harms the structural integrity of the dungeon, banned.
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

21. - Top - End - #1161

*Sarsaparilla does not "give me sass" and I am to stop using root beer as an excuse to snark at the DM.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

*I am no longer allowed to slingshot Dust of Dryness that has absorbed up to the maximum amount of water into a Dragon's mouth.
    ** Similarly I am no longer allowed to carry any amount of Bag's of Holding if said bags are filled with nothing but barrels of gunpowder.
    *** In fact anything involving me using a barrel of anything is to be considered a bad idea.
    Last edited by Baron Relic; 2013-03-16 at 05:24 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1163

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Guizonde View Post
    *vorpal dwarven war axe? yeeeaaaah, no way will you get it.
    ** If you ask for Vorpal Dwarven War Ale, all you will get is a blank stare
    *** The same goes for normal Dwarven War Ale
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Relic View Post
    *I am no longer allowed to slingshot Dust of Dryness that has absorbed up to the maximum amount of water into a Dragon's mouth.
    **I may not spike the Dragon's drink with saturated Dust of Dryness.
    ***The Dragon is not interested in snorting the "Pleasure Crystals", which are really saturated Dust of Dryness pellets.
    ****Even if I succeed the Bluff roll.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    ** If you ask for Vorpal Dwarven War Ale, all you will get is a blank stare
    *** The same goes for normal Dwarven War Ale
    In my AD&D group, my character just found a couple Dwarven Battle Tankards. Not the DM's original creation -- apparently this was a published thing back in the day.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

{{scrubbed}}
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2013-03-28 at 10:32 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1167

DruidGuy

**** Except when we are playing FATAL. Then it is perfectly acceptable and even encouraged.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    **** Except when we are playing FATAL. Then it is perfectly acceptable and even encouraged.
    ***** If we are ever willingly playing FATAL, please kill us.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    FATAL is imperfect, unacceptable, and discouraged-to-the-seventh-power.

Playing FATAL, likewise.

Hell, directly mentioning FATAL is pretty much in the same region.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Banned

Goblin

Another session

* Throwing guy you're spying on into fire is a stupid idea.
    * The Lich doen't look like your mother in law
    ** Even if you failed Will save against fear aura.
    * BLOW IT ALL UP! is not vaild solution to every problem
    * Cannot usee message to call another character and greet him with "moshi moshi"
    * Cannot sneak up behind party wizard just to kick him in the arse.
    ** Especially is you made it look like you want to stab him
    *** No longer allowed to complain about getting spotted in the middle of large, empty corridor