New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Blood-Pits

[Arena #1]

Now that What has vacated the arena, the three who were waiting jump in, positioning themselves so that, in theory, no matter where the person/people planning to take them on comes from, at least on of the group should be able to see them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gaena:

Vsal:

Bael:

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ssej just wante to enter the arena as the three people appear. He is smart enougth to not challange them alone. Hopefully someone will go for them so he may be able to pick one out.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Well, seeing some guy about to go in alone, Jacques goes to the threshold of the arena as well. It is clear that he's waiting for a third ally, but would gladly stand as part of a team.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Arena #2]

Herman blinks as his nose breaks and starts to bleed. He isn't looking in good shaped and doesn't seem like he will be able to stand much longer. Not finished yet though he hopes reversing and striking with his hilt will take Nicolau by surprise. Hopefully a heavy hit to the skull will put down his opponent.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

Arena #2

Despite the wounds on his person, Nicolau doesn't seem terribly slowed. He tries to block the hilt strike with his forearm, while aiming another jab at Herman's throat.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Arena #2]

His blow is blocked and the hit to his throat makes him take a step back swinging his sword back around swinging it down and then up at Nicolau. His left arm raises up a bit getting ready to defend against any counterattack.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arena #1]

There has totally been a group of drow overlooking the entrance to this arena the entire time, and they have totally been waiting for this moment, and they totally have Lamill of the Tire Geal here, tied up on his knees, his green and grey military uniform torn in just the right places and his platinum torc smeared with a smidgen of spit and blood.

"...all I'm saying is, if you manage to actually find a guy who's okay with that stuff, you shouldn't be so ready to kill him just so your girlfriends stop making jokes," he says to the drow woman clearly in charge of this small grouping.

"Shut your filthy mouth, phallus-creature!" she replies.

"My mouth wouldn't be so filthy if you had let me brush my teeth afterwards. I wasn't joking when I said I can peel an orange with my tongue."

With an angry bark, the drow kicks Lamill out into the arena, her knife cutting the ropes binding his hands on the way down. She does whatever needs to be done to seal any escape for him before he can stand up, and one of her manservants throws Lamill's mono-kukri and naval handcannon in after him.

With a sigh and a happy smile, Lamill stands up and retrieves his weapons.

"Oh, fully loaded. I expect that means you want me home by dinner?" he jokes, but the drow are already leaving.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Arena #1]

Heh. Lamill finds himself a few feet away from Jacques, who looks as bemused as ever.

"Rough day, eh?"

Since I never described his equipment, I should do so now. Jacques is outfitted in a suit of NCR Veteran Ranger Combat Armor, with some extra riveting applied to vital areas to defend better against dangerous attacks and specially environmentally sealed to prevent exposure to lethal gases or liquids. He is armed with his trademark Revolver, currently loaded with .44 Thermonuclear AP. Slung over his back are an Assault Rifle and a Combat Shotgun, loaded but with the safeties on. He is wearing a pair of bandoliers fitted with various grenades, including Fragmentation, EMP, Incendiary, and Gas-based variants.

He outfitted himself with the best stuff he could get his hands on, though none of it is magical or advanced too far beyond the late 21st century.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

[Area #?]

The cloaked person is still here, waiting for an opponent.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Lamill smiles.
    "No rougher than she was last night. So, er, what'd you do to get tossed in here, and where did you get that much gear?"

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

11. - Top - End - #131

((Sorry bushranger I was going to fight your cloaked char, but you never respond to me, maybe if he survives this one.))

[Arena #1]

"Is there some kind of Gun and mutation discount store around? Why the hell did noone told me?"

The third person for this 3v3 mentions. I assume we go in 3 1on1.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Arena Numero Uno

"I'm not human, you git. I'm a Tire Geal, and you can grab one of these," Lamill waves his handcannon around, "Just about anywhere."

(Recaiden) He lives!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Arena #1]

"Nah, 100% human here. As for this getup, there is much that can be found if one exercises the best strategies at market."

He looks around, drawing his revolver and holding it upward.

"In any case, how do you want to approach this? These three seem to be carrying advanced armor and munitions, and their muscle tone suggests that they're either metahuman or in abnormally good condition. None of them have sealed suits, though, so they're vulnerable to gas."

...And there goes Jacques, analyzing and strategizing rather than jumping to action like Khorne would no doubt prefer.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Arena #1

"Wait, we're here to kill them? I don't even know them! Or you lot!" Lamill looks over the hunterkin team, "And I certainly don't recall any briefing involving killing them."

(Recaiden) He lives!

15. - Top - End - #135

[Arena #1]

Ssej looks confused at Lamill.

"When did I state something about any of you being human?"

Then tactic man speaks.

"Well I think it's best we split them. I assume they know how to fight together."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Arena #1

"Wait, we're here to kill them? I don't even know them! Or you lot!" Lamill looks over the hunterkin team, "And I certainly don't recall any briefing involving killing them."
    Lamill gets a blank stare from Jacques. Of course, due to the whole "gas mask" thing, he can't see the man's dropped jaw unless he has X-ray vision or something.

"...Just what precisely did you think the highly lethal weapons were for? And what did you think the large crowd crying for blood is here for?"

Ssej gets a response as soon as Jacques is finished gawking at Lamill.

"I would agree with that analysis. We should use our greater level of diversity to our advantage as well. With some luck, we can use their probable reliance on solidarity against them."

He spares a quick look at the opposition.

"They look impatient. Shall we?"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arena#1]

Lamill doesn't bother to explain that he's here against his will.
    "So they plan on killing us, then? That won't do at all."

His arm snaps up to point the naval handcannon (imagine a revolver with 40. caliber bullets) at Bael's chest and he pulls the trigger.

BA-DOOM!

(Recaiden) He lives!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arena #1]

As the handcannon starts to come up, Bael's lower left arm locks in on Lamill's chest, specifically, just under his sternum, unless one of the three facing the Hunterkin group interferes somehow.

Assuming that's not the case, when the Tire Geal fires, the only immediate effect, aside from the rather loud gunshot, seems to be a quiet 'tink', as the bullet bounces off of Bael's armor, though a few moment later, a comparatively soft, though still, especially in the enclosed space, not quiet by any means, three round burst is fired from the aforementioned limb, red flames trailing behind the bullets.

Should the rounds hit, they ought to be capable of burning through most types of personal armor, and, if they make it inside him, the supernaturally intense flames will, if nothing stops them, besides the pical injuries they cause, do a fair bit of damage to his soul.

Regardless of the effects of Bael's attack, as soon as the bullets leave the Soulfire implant, Gaena, moving around six times faster than a human could, draws a rather odd looking weapon, and pulls the trigger twice, launching a blade-edged disk, moving at just below the speed of sound, at each of Ssej's wrists, though, as it's electromagnetic rather than using some more conventional means of propulsion, the only sound is a quiet hum each time she fires, and the hiss of air over the projectiles.

Vsal, meanwhile, apparently simply stands there, scanning each of them for potential weaknesesses and unusual capabilities, whether physical or in their equipment, with the goggles she's wearing.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-11-04 at 11:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Arena #1]

Jacques is genuinely surprised that Lamill was so fast to just fire a shot without actually going through any of the usual formalities of a duel. However, he's quick to react to the results, pulling out his pistol and firing two shots to seemingly nowhere, completely divorced from his targets.

In reality, he calculated the distances, angles, probabilities of action, and motion patterns that he would need to lead his true target by to hit, due to her immense agility. As such, Gaena might find an unpleasant surprise when she meets two .44 Thermonuclear Rounds calculated to strike her center of mass and right leg, respectively. The bullets themselves probably would do essentially nothing to her armor if the results of Lamill's attack are any indication, but the mass concentration, magnetic pull, and unbelievable heat resulting from the Nuclear Fusion that ignites upon impact probably have a much more significant effect.

As for his weaknesses, he's actually fairly well-balanced. The closest thing he has to a real weakness in this fight is that his personal physical strength is limited to very slightly below peak human, and there are some limits on his reaction time due to, once again, being merely human. However, his thought processes, if this could somehow be identified, move far faster than reasonable and he can probably think at a faster speed than anybody here.

For his equipment, there are also few weaknesses. His revolver is in excellent condition, chambers eight shots (two of which have been expended in this post) and does not appear prone to jamming or similar circumstance. His other weapons are of lower quality, but both incredibly dangerous in their own right. Underneath his trenchcoat are a sizable number of Grenades, operated by an unknown method rather than a pin. Also on the inside of his trenchcoat is a frankly absurd amount of ammunition, primarily in .44, 5.56, and 12-gauge shells.

His armor is completely sealed, preventing exposure to threats like gas and acid, and composed largely of advanced plastics and ceramics rather than metal. It could probably resist attempts at penetration by a .308 round from a Sniper Rifle, though that kind of firepower would still deal some serious blunt trauma. The helmet attached to said armor appears to have some sort of targeting computer inside of it, and a similar scanning system as well. It is quite possible that he could be scanning the Hunterkin as this description is given. The eyepieces are rigid, but almost entirely bulletproof, in addition to having a polarization system to protect from Flashbangs and similar effects.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arena #1]

Lamill's fast. Not the fastest, and by no means a bullet dodger, but he's fast. He's built to be. He has to be, especially considering his current lack of armour.

By the time he's pulled the trigger, he's running towards the arena wall, ready to climb. But whoever these freaky buggers are, they're pretty fast, too. And whatever they fire is HOT. He can feel the heat of the bullet as it-

Oh wait, that's his uniform. It's on fire. Damnable not combat uniforms, lacking armour and fire resistant-HOLY FRACK THERE'S HOLE IN MY BACK.

It would seem at least one of these bullets popped it's way straight through Lamill, right beneath where kidneys are usually located on a human. There's a fair bit of blood, and Lamill can see where the bullet impacted on the wall after popping through him.

Whether or not the Tire Geal have a soul, lacking their psychic and amgical prescence, is debatable, but bullets still hurt, and Lamill winces as he flexes his pads and hops onto the wall, running up and across the surface.

(Recaiden) He lives!

21. - Top - End - #141

[Arena #1]

Ssej, other than the rest, isn't a human. As he sees the enemies moving he claps his hands together. Fine strings, which can barly be noticed by the normal eye appear. As they start shooting he waves his hands around using the strings wave around, building a fine shield to block the disks. The strings are much more durable than steel and shoud be able to reflect the disks if there isn't something I don't know.

The moments she shoots Ssej has raised his hands around. The Strings flying around to give him some cover. While one of the blades got luckly stoped by the strings, the other one passes. Since he had rasied his hands the balde can't hit it, but it cuts through Ssej's side, causing ableeding wound. Nothing that keeps him from going on, but still nothing to ignore.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-11-06 at 04:27 AM.