New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread LV:55 Ponythread learns Agility!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Squeak
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wanted the name to be the last thing, because that's when she definitively goes from being Lulamoon (the nice, innocent filly) to Trixie (the egotistical, megalomaniac mare).

Likewise I felt the hair ought to come towards the end as well, because it too is symbolic of the transformation becoming complete. Mouse is gnawing at her heart from within, turning her more and more egotistic, and then finally it culminates in a complete outward transformation into Trixie. The effect works its way from inside and out ... like insanity and such in general, it usually starts out with things that aren't apparent to those who don't know the person very well, and then progressively gets more and more obvious to others. Sane people don't start out suddenly doing crazy things while sane, and then turning crazy, it's usually the other way around

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced I at least got the basic structure of the story right, but maybe I didn't make my intentions clear somehow.
    Squeak
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think it might be from differing sources. You've told us before that you've read a lot of HP Lovecraft and the like, while I really haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I'm one of the few that strictly adheres to the no-spoiler rules then. Really, I don't know anything about alleged crystal ponies.
    Same here. I know the Mane 6 have to do something with Cadence and crystal ponies. Or are they ponies who just live outside Equestria? No idea and that's how I like it.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Blah, so much to keep up with... someone sum everything up for me. Ten words or less. Ponies is not an acceptable answer. >.o

And neither is equines! Or, like, colorful ponies.

Aw, heck, you know what, just make it ten words long. o.<

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Blah, so much to keep up with... someone sum everything up for me. Ten words or less. Ponies is not an acceptable answer. >.o

Alright let me try.

Bleakbane B-day, Deadly's new story, S3 spoiler discussion, Pony Nukes.

You understand all that?
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Squeak
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think it might be from differing sources. You've told us before that you've read a lot of HP Lovecraft and the like, while I really haven't.
    Squeak
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps I should have thought of some reason why she chose the particular name Trixie, and not ... some other fancy name, like ... um, Houdineigh? Yeah, that was awful, so anyway ... I'm not sure what reason that would be, but perhaps that would help?

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the story. I certainly don't think you need to be a Lovecraft connoisseur to read and appreciate my stories, or at least I hope not

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

The discussion we had recently regarding whether or not people would abandon their lives here to go to Equestria has got me thinking about a theoretical question of my own:

Let's say two-way portals suddenly started opening up between our world and Equestria, allowing back and forth travel between the two worlds. Princess Celestia quickly finds a way to restrict access to said portals, but allows humans who aren't likely to wreck havoc throughout Equestria to pass through as they wish.
    How do you think Equestrian society would react/change in response to this?
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

I like to imagine Sweetie appears in a family who actually love her, with no memory of evil Rarity, and that Rarity henceforth gets struck by a curse of some sort.
    My desired interpretation is that, with Sweetie Belle's blessing, all of Rarity's friends just said that as a gag and immediately admitted the joke after the comic ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    All right, all right, this series gets my endorsement.

"Blue Twilight!", ahahahhaha
    Hilarious, but I actually didn't hear the phrase "Blue Twilight" anywhere in that video. Where was it used?

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *snerk*

You seem to be getting through more minions than I do on the original, and I was sending Peons out completely unarmed...!

That's because you're playing on e- *WHAM* because it's your birthday and you're awesome!
    Happy Birthday! (spoiler for image, no S3 spoilers)
    Spoiler
    Show

And yeah, I'm burning through soldiers. I actually got a bit lazy with the Thanqol naming too because they were dieing so fast. I knew it was getting bad when the game actually started changing the memorial room graphic to have more pictures on the wall and additional glasses of whiskey shown next to the little monument and there are so many pictures that I can't count them all because they're obscured by the interface. When I finish, I'll post the complete list of the memorial wall so that we can salute the brave ponythreaders that gave their lives (or corporeal vessels in your case) to save the planet from aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    The cheap way would be to just type "site:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/ Pony" in a Google search. Looks like they approximate 119,000.
    The number of results from google isn't reliable. You need to run a tool to get a better number. See this xkcd blog post.

Also which pony would you want as a room-mate?

Spoiler
    Show
    Heh, that one was easy for me. Twilight's up until 3:00 AM reading, I'm up until 3:00 killing off ponythreaders in the on-going war against the alien menace. It's perfect.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ettin in the Playground

Only 'cos I missed it 'cos I've been mostly skimming...

So, yeah, what you said.

Birthday off to better start than last year, at any rate...!

Happy birthday Commander!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    The discussion we had recently regarding whether or not people would abandon their lives here to go to Equestria has got me thinking about a theoretical question of my own:

Let's say two-way portals suddenly started opening up between our world and Equestria, allowing back and forth travel between the two worlds. Princess Celestia quickly finds a way to restrict access to said portals, but allows humans who aren't likely to wreck havoc throughout Equestria to pass through as they wish.
    And how would our society react/change, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    My desired interpretation is that, with Sweetie Belle's blessing, all of Rarity's friends just said that as a gag and immediately admitted the joke after the comic ended.
    Yeah, that'd be the nice solution, same as saying it was all a dream. Assuming she really did vanish, though ...

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

Must see before I determine if you need to be punched or brohoofed.
    Why not save time and do both now? I can promise the entire thing will make people cry. :P

Spoiler
    Show

Oh Princess, there are so many, I'm not sure I can keep track of them all. Deadly was shot after moving out too far to throw a grenade, though her throw enabled the rest of the squad to take down the mutons and live. TvTyrant was cut down by massed enemy fire and Kyouhen sacrificed himself to finish off a cyberdisc, ensuring it's demise by getting so close that he was caught in the explosion.
    Your first mistake here was letting someone else carry the grenades.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I'm one of the few that strictly adheres to the no-spoiler rules then. Really, I don't know anything about alleged crystal ponies.
    Same! Though I may have been curious and peeked at the name for... was it Episode 3?
    Spoiler
    Show
    What's better than a Pinkie Pie episode? A dozen of them at once!
    PinkiePinkiePinkiePinkiePinkiePinkie

Also Happy Birthday Commander! In honour of your birthday I'll... Huh. Now where did that... Err, I mean, I'll pretend that I've lost the Hugs Cannon firing button just for you! For today. Yes.
    Here little button....

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Your first mistake here was letting someone else carry the grenades.
    You were also carrying grenades. I'm an equal opportunity grenade distributor really. Unless there's a good reason for a soldier to have something else, they have explosions.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

That's because you're playing on e- *WHAM* because it's your birthday and you're awesome!
    Happy birthday Lichie! I'd give you a 'Don't get hugged' voucher, but you haven't used LAST year's, unless I remember wrong.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Spamalot in the Playground

Yeah, I almost want to write a story where it all works out to a happy ending in the end somehow.
    Okay, the cliche' way this goes is that Rarity spends time without her sister and then learns that it's terrible and she tries to wish her sister back, thereby undoing the original wish and everything is good.

I had this crazy idea of something different: The wish works, but only For One Day (Her Birthday). So for this one day Rarity is happily rearranging stuff and making sisterless plans. The next morning, Sweetie returns and everyone acts as if nothing happened. This causes all sorts of mayhem with Rarity's plans. Played for laughs.

If I'm limited to the Mane 6, I'd pick AJ. My sleeping arrangements are already like that scenario so it be nothing different. Well, except the southern drawl part.

We
    Argued
    About
    Equestria's
    Level
    Of
    Technology,
    Then
    Suddenly-
    Spoilers!
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Speculation on Season 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    How would Shining Armor and Cadance's kids will turn out to be?
    A. Baby Alicorn (half god more trouble for pinkie)
    B. Just a unicorn.
    Were Celestia and Luna baby unicorn royalty kidnapped by Discord and turned them into alicorns against their will? Did it have to do with Luna's nightmare moon (i.e- like WH40k Blood Angel's Black Rage)?
    How will Mane 6 colonize the moon? It has no air, soil maybe good or not, and zero gravity.
    Will there be any more cross pony romance and marriages, other than Caramel and his pegasus girlfriend?
    It becomes Med'an.

Also, I have a request. While I'm not one of the people who shuns spoilers, and in fact will actively seeks them, there has been a problem here. If your post is nothing but something hiding behind spoilers, can you at least say what it is? "Season 3 thoughts", or "more images", whatever?

14. - Top - End - #704
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd have to say either Twilight or Applejack. They're the ones I identify with the most. I'm usually up before dawn, and stay up late reading and having fun online. Given the choice between the two of them, Applejack seems like she'd be more tolerable.

I couldn't handle Rarity or Pinkie Pie for the same reasons as RD. Rainbow Dash, while awesome, is not someone I'd really want to live with. Fluttershy is cute, but I'd feel like I'm constantly on eggshells around her.

Well, first thing to come in is the internet and a greatly increased amount of technology. There would be an increased drive to 'tame' Equestria, if you will. There'd probably be a few universities constructed, if possible.

Hey Lichie! Special message incoming!
    Spoiler
    Show

Click it! Click it!
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

15. - Top - End - #705
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ten words or fewer.

They've been talkin' technology and S3. That's all I got.

How would our society react, also? I say those, ah, not allowed to go through will strive to find a way to slip past Celestia. And people and ponies will travel in droves across portals to study the strange world that shouldn't exist.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Dirtytabs; 2012-10-24 at 01:13 PM.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

How about minute hue-tinged pega-horned Equuses ferus caballuses?

Exactly 10 words :E
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, since only nice human get through and I suppose capable ponies get to Earth I imagine that humans would end up like minotaurs as Not Monsters. Many humans would seek to settle in Equestria and would likely do moderately well. We'd likely become famous for being curious, reckless, and ruthless business partners.

On our side the ponies arriving would likely be mobbed and protected by bronies. We'd do our best to slowly introduce them to human society so that they wouldn't encounter too much bad stuff at first and so they would get harmed by said bad stuff. It depends how much magic and alien physics the ponies bring with them but I imagine they'd at least become known as a friendly and harmless group. I don't think any ponies would want to settle on Earth though.

The portals themselves would cause humans to freak out with the implications of such things causing a new wave of research, stories, and other cultural changes to break out across the world. We would strive to create our own portals to uninhabited worlds so that we'd have effectively infinite resources and space. This I think would likely lead to practically world peace.

Worldwide hug amounts would increase by over a 1000 fold.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-10-24 at 01:18 PM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

18. - Top - End - #708
    Barbarian in the Playground

We would strive to create our own portals to uninhabited worlds so that we'd have effectively infinite resources and space. This I think would likely lead to practically world peace.
    Or war. We're going to want all those resources for ourselves.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

If I'm limited to the Mane 6, I'd pick AJ. My sleeping arrangements are already like that scenario so it be nothing different. Well, except the southern drawl part.
    How confident are you that your wife never reads your post?

Hmm, well I do think that police presence would still increase in Equestria. Humans have a tendency to abuse the honors system, so I think that most tourists would need a guard escort or a willing pony friend to host them. I'd be very happy that Celestia is regulating things because not only could she help make sure who comes in to Equestria, she could also put a system in place to help prepare ponies for coming to Earth. If I were in Celestia's place, I'd make it clear that all ponies traveling to Earth should treat it similarly to going into the Everfree Forest. That is, the pony should be prepared to protect herself from dangerous things and be ready for illusions, deceptions, or other "magic" but there would be plenty of unique and wonderful things and many of the inhabitants would end up being friendly or at least reasonable to deal with.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    Or war. We're going to want all those resources for ourselves.
    That would be the dumbest war ever. I mean infinite resources means we literally can't have it all to yourself. Anyways it would end as soon as every nation managed to get a hold of the portal technology.

Oh I forgot to mention that eventually someone would open a portal and drag Culluthu through and end us all. So after world peace everybody dies.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I rather take Applejack or Twilight! I can sleep through anything (lights or sound).
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Happy birthday Lichie! I'd give you a 'Don't get hugged' voucher, but you haven't used LAST year's, unless I remember wrong.
    Ah, I see the Commander suffers from "Giant Crab Syndrome." Or at least that's what I call it, inspired by an episode of Zero Punctuation. It's when you don't use all your nukes on the massive giant enemy crab for fear that there's an even bigger giant crab in the next room. You really should have just gone and burned that yesterday. :P

Okay, the cliche' way this goes is that Rarity spends time without her sister and then learns that it's terrible and she tries to wish her sister back, thereby undoing the original wish and everything is good.

I had this crazy idea of something different: The wish works, but only For One Day (Her Birthday). So for this one day Rarity is happily rearranging stuff and making sisterless plans. The next morning, Sweetie returns and everyone acts as if nothing happened. This causes all sorts of mayhem with Rarity's plans. Played for laughs.
    Y'know, I could see them actually doing something like this. Not so much as an episode unless they can work some sort of lesson in there about needing to spend time with your family or something, just the whole subversion of how you would expect the episode to go. Rarity never gets upset about Sweetie never existing for the day, and instead gets upset when it all goes away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pinkie Pie. Who needs sleep when you've got games and baked sweets? 2 days without it? I've done worse.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Troll in the Playground

Only 'cos I missed it 'cos I've been mostly skimming...

So, yeah, what you said.

Birthday off to better start than last year, at any rate...!
    ~HAPPY BIRTHDAY!~

Pony and cake for the birthday boy lich!
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT:

Sweet new official pony merch, including Photo Finish, Hoity Toity and Diamond Dazzle Tiara.

Yes. Dazzle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2012-10-24 at 03:20 PM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

... Trying to get back to my ponifications, Does anyone have any ideas for O'Chul's cutie mark? Cause I've got nothing. NOTHING!
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

How about this? ^^
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Thanks - and oh, I know...! You forget how squirrely I am with these things. They go away until I suddenly find a use for them...

I still have a token for a picture for Thanqol from last year too, but that too is something I'm holding to until a really good idea strikes me...!

(Heck, it's the same with DVDs, games and even books; they get put aside for use at a later date (counting only games, I've still got Witcher 2 and Persona 4 (heck the latter half of Persona 3!) I've not touched... But it's always nice to know you have something in reserve.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Ah, I see the Commander suffers from "Giant Crab Syndrome." Or at least that's what I call it, inspired by an episode of Zero Punctuation. It's when you don't use all your nukes on the massive giant enemy crab for fear that there's an even bigger giant crab in the next room. You really should have just gone and burned that yesterday. :P
    Also this. I am very bad at this as well, which is why I try not to use many items in computer games, because I save them for a boss battle and then never remember to use them...

Happy Birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Happy birthday Commander!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    ~HAPPY BIRTHDAY!~

Pony and cake for the birthday boy lich!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Happy Birthday! (spoiler for image, no S3 spoilers)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Hey Lichie! Special message incoming!
    Spoiler
    Show

Click it! Click it!
    Thank you all!

Balmas - it wasn't until I quoted I realised it was clickable...! That's awesome!

Have Had presents now. Shadow Raiders season 1, Avengers and, most excitingly Pokemon Black 2 (which I was particularly hoping for.) (Excitingly, still got two presents to come, since neither arrived in time for today!)

(Yes, yes, I am one of those really sad people who gets really excited by presents, and why, even when it's something I ask for, I never want to know for certain I'm getting something, because that spoils all the fun of opening presents! I much rather have Stuff than money for presents, given the choice. I just like opening 'em!)

Also, this home-made card from Sister and Niece:

Spoiler
    Show

The former is a bit more adept than muggins, as she makes all her won cards. You can just about see (my scanner is sufficiently good that I had to reduce the image by 50% size to get to this!), but all that black-sgh decorativ stuff in the scan is actually shiny, shiny gilt silver stuff.

Pride of place, that 'un. (An' I told 'em that'd be going straight up here, too!)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion
    Heh, that one was easy for me. Twilight's up until 3:00 AM reading, I'm up until 3:00 killing off ponythreaders in the on-going war against the alien menace. It's perfect.
    I have to concur; a night owl would be the least of the problems. Though to be honest, after thirty-three years or having my own room/sanctum, I feel I would not be very appropriate room-material myself...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-10-24 at 04:14 PM.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Rarity. I figure it'll save me money on buying new pants this year.

The number of results from google isn't reliable. You need to run a tool to get a better number. See this xkcd blog post.
    Well, the thing is that the tool provided isn't designed for that kind of searching, so it's more expensive than the method I provided 'cause you got to buy additional variables for it. Plus, you know, I said "approximate" anyways.

Regardless, for bucks and giggles, I did a search using that and the variables 2000 to 2012, figuring that that'd give us posts by years... But then I realized while that works, it doesn't really work as expected because it's just returning the registration dates from posters and there's probably a good handful I'm skipping who registered before 2000 and like ponies. So then I did it again between 1 and 12 (because every post is going to have a time stamp on it and I'm lazy and cheap).
    1 86500
    2 89100
    3 85900
    4 81400
    5 74700
    6 67300
    7 49900
    8 57500
    9 50100
    10 105000
    11 101000
    12 103000
    However one wants to use that data is up to the reader. Keep in mind it's still not accurate, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the results were cached copies of the Ponyland days and the threads don't actually have ponies in them, as well as duplicates of previous results using the archive CSS instead of the standard one. I was thinking those numbers were a bit large, too, but then I realized that a Warpony is a quite usable commodity in D&D 3.5, so we talk about ponies even when we're not talking about ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    ... Trying to get back to my ponifications, Does anyone have any ideas for O'Chul's cutie mark? Cause I've got nothing. NOTHING!
    A swallow's tail.

Last edit, probably: I'm not wishing the Lich a happy birthday because I don't know if we're celebrating the day his body was born or the day he became a lich. Also, because I didn't get any birthday wishes last week!
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-10-24 at 04:27 PM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

Also, this home-made card from Sister and Niece:

Spoiler
    Show

The former is a bit more adept than muggins, as she makes all her won cards. You can just about see (my scanner is sufficiently good that I had to reduce the image by 50% size to get to this!), but all that black-sgh decorativ stuff in the scan is actually shiny, shiny gilt silver stuff.

Pride of place, that 'un. (An' I told 'em that'd be going straight up here, too!)
    Nice. I like the addition of the shiny party hat for Pinkie.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Erm .. it's Aotrs_Commander's birthday?

Happy birthday!

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, since only nice human get through and I suppose capable ponies get to Earth I imagine that humans would end up like minotaurs as Not Monsters. Many humans would seek to settle in Equestria and would likely do moderately well. We'd likely become famous for being curious, reckless, and ruthless business partners.

On our side the ponies arriving would likely be mobbed and protected by bronies. We'd do our best to slowly introduce them to human society so that they wouldn't encounter too much bad stuff at first and so they would get harmed by said bad stuff. It depends how much magic and alien physics the ponies bring with them but I imagine they'd at least become known as a friendly and harmless group. I don't think any ponies would want to settle on Earth though.

The portals themselves would cause humans to freak out with the implications of such things causing a new wave of research, stories, and other cultural changes to break out across the world. We would strive to create our own portals to uninhabited worlds so that we'd have effectively infinite resources and space. This I think would likely lead to practically world peace.

Worldwide hug amounts would increase by over a 1000 fold.
    That would be the dumbest war ever. I mean infinite resources means we literally can't have it all to yourself. Anyways it would end as soon as every nation managed to get a hold of the portal technology.

Oh I forgot to mention that eventually someone would open a portal and drag Culluthu through and end us all. So after world peace everybody dies.
    I agree with this assessment. Though I think only half the bronies (or maybe just a quarter or something) would stay and protect the ponies, since all the rest would be lining up to go to Equestria.

And I was going to say that someone should fund this fanfic, before I remembered the sheer volume of Humans in Equestria fics, meaning it's probably been done already. Though not necessarily well.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance