New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1470
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread LV:55 Ponythread learns Agility!

Guh.
    After about 6 days, I finally have power (and therefore internet) again.

So, what lunacy has ponythread been up to in my enforced absence?
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Guh.

Well the roleplay is dearly missing you.

Also, we are generaly awaiting the shattering of the fanbase season three. Also [selfserving] I am writing a fic, I think. [/endselfserving]
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-11-04 at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground

Guh.

My sympathies on that front.

Oh and the usual ponysanity that describing would be both long and not particularly enlightening.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Bugbear in the Playground

Guh.

He has returned! /)

Oh, and I've only skimmed over the past 8 pages or so. I have no idea what's going on either.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

5. - Top - End - #1325

Well fellow pony lovers, it seems that the story of Woona is over. Go see Moonstuck for the righteous ending!

6. - Top - End - #1326

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Well fellow pony lovers, it seems that the story of Woona is over. Go see Moonstuck for the righteous ending!
    The story may be over, but the adventure is just beginning.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

7. - Top - End - #1327

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Okay, so I have had it: I am going to write a fanfic. It's going to be a Fallout:Equestria sidefic.

Stop screaming.

In all seriousness , it should be decent. Probably. I have a plot layout and a idea what I am doing, so that should automaticly make it better than half the stuff on Fimfic. (Bada-ching!) But, considering that it's not only my first fic, but one of a type thats generaly known for bad writing, I thought I would drop the story discription here and quietly ask for responses and advice.

Fallout Equestria: Lost Cause
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies have the annoying tendancy to say war never changes. Honestly, I suppose the root cause does not, but I honestly doubt that every war caused a gobal distruction like what apperently happened in the last one. Ponies are foolish, and Zebras are no less so. Then again, ponies call Minotaurs bull-headed, but at least I can take a joke.

Welcome to Detrot, the one city that got less violent after the end of the world.
    I volunteer my services as proof reader and general grammar police/nazi guy. For example, in your description: Destruction only has one 'i.'
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ettin in the Playground

After so long, I just figured I'll drop this off here.

On FO:E sidefics, I'll just say that there has been entirely too many of those these days. Be warned you're competing in a crowded field.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Derpy is a dance master, new fanon
    BronyCon confirms this!

Derpy was later confronted by a herd of upset, angry and injured ravers after literally tearing up the dance floor. She is quoted as responding "Everyone was having so much fun! I just don't know what went wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Somewhere in Ponyville, there's a pegasus named Ditzy Doo that is crying her eyes out from all the things that were just discussed.

She may not be the one everyone thinks is Derpy

She may not have ever shown herself on screen

But that is her name and she did not mean to go north for the...*sniff*... southern birds... and everyone just assumes that... *tear*... because her name....*cries*

oh... my
    How dare you make a poor pony cry, going around throwing hurtful remarks like that. You should be ashamed of yourself. I have a mind to find your mother and tell her what you've been up to, young man. Now you go over there, and apologize.
    I'm sorry, Derpy. Or Ditzy. I'm sorry pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Pinkie Pie as Clopin
    Was that really the poor chap's name?

Oh Pinkie. U so randy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I'm not sure how Batman liking Jazz could be worse than that particular comic.*
    I am sure I don't want to know how it could be worse, on the off chance it is.
    Depends on the batman. Some batmans are jerks. Like the one who leapt snarling about spawn being a stupid punk because of his cheating magic. Seriously Bruce, you're like 70 and still kicking. Magic is cheating? Get over it.

Don't participate. Rushing to get done by the deadline will only cause unnecessary suffering. Be a Judge instead. Pick one of the two ideas and begin writing it for yourself, rather than the competition.
    If you feel the urge to disagree with this advice, then there you go. You had your answer all along. ;)
    In which Starry reminds herself that these posts are oft-times time sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with Tiki. Or rather, agree with his white text. Participate, pick the quicker of the two ideas and push yourself to get it done unless you're really worried about other things in your life right now. You'll likely end up with a good piece of work, one that maybe you didn't even think you could get done in that time-frame, and will be free to edit it further if you like it.
    This is also good advice, but it depends. Sometimes, productivity is not a goal worthy of itself. Good enough is never good enough, so why not go for great?

Honestly, I suppose it depends both on context and what you want to achieve more than anything. Personally, P-Fox, I wanna see the Psychonauts one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Into Rainbow Dash or Scootaloo?

Seriously, I'm going to have more Rainbow Dash cutie marks on my body than Rainbow Dash.
    Note to self: rename Turian Havoc Soldier and Turian Ghost Infiltrator.

How is that Ranibow Dash Facial Cutie Mark going? I can totally make you a villain's mask that is less mask and more frame upon which to have said cutie mark. Just as Dash, nowhere near as permanently economically damaging.

Thoughtful.

I'd be curious to your response to the following proposition:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The creation of gender categories, as with most labeling efforts, includes both a normative and a predictive/descriptive exercise. You've very effectively dismissed the normative exercise, but in so doing also dismissed the descriptive/predictive exercise as well. That is, you've simply thrown out the label of gender and told us that it has no use in any context related to writing. Do you have in mind any alternative terms or models for use in a predictive/descriptive effort in a piece of writing, or is the effort of determining the characteristics of a work based on traits of its author something that you believe, more broadly, to be an exercise in futility?

Obviously, no need for a further essay, just something to think about.
    Poop. I forgot my stated opinion on this.

I think part of the problems involved in the gender of an author being relevant are that it creates a false sense of separation between capability. Thanqol didn't seem to be saying gender should be discounted in all things, so much as it should not be considered a trait which itself has any real gravitas. Trends amongst writers who are female are interesting, but authors being female is not itself important as a way of judging their work. If that makes any sense?

Oh thank goodness I was going NUTS without ponythread.

"Several hours" my tail!
    It was only several hours!
    And then they switched to the possibly a day or so banner.
    An then they went back to 'several hours' and got my hopes up!
    But nope, the day or so banner was back. And then I got a cache page! But nope. Still down.

56 hour total, I think. Painful.

Actually, yes, I agree. My major problem was that I was in the middle of like 15 posts when It Happened.
    Good Luna yes. "Let's start the weekend right! Let's get all of these posts written and out of the way! Oh, it's 1:04, well, I can wait an hour, submit the replies, and go into my week with a clear mind!"

BSOD

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Without the distractions of ponythread I was far more productivpffffffhahahahaha, naw I'm just kidding. Played video games. Got back into Minecraft after about a years hiatus. So much new stuff to see. x_x

Hmm. Ponies, eh?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah... >_>

That artist, she does the heads way to small. There's almost no cranium, the entire headspace is taken up by the normally-outside-headspace muzzle! Also some issues with the way the business combines with torso shape combines with sizing of shoulders just exacerbates it. I'm all for hot busty ponies, sure, but the cartoony proportions throw me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    *stumbles in twitching*

No board and no ponythread make Soras go something something....

.... seriously its was so bizarre I felt adrift without this board to check
    The subtle downsides to a such a high eggs:basket ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    So, I'm conflicted with myself.

I want to say that I find the idea that some of you were actually affected by the disconnect because you were without being hooked into part of the control-cluster somewhat amusing. Especially with the last thread's title, which hangs a beautiful lampshade over it all.

And yet... I feel like a jerk for even thinking such thoughts. They're mean.

... and even worse, they're hypocritical. I was checking the playground enough that I ran out of data on my phone for a few days, hoping that it might be back up soon. Not only was I without my pbp games... but I sincerely found myself missing you guys, wondering what insanity was being hatched, or what bizarrely collegic conversations were being born, and the other silly shenanigans you all get into.

It probably doesn't help that -this- is the first place I post in once the playground was reopened.

... this is the way evil truly works: getting you to -want- to give in, and making you -not- want to get out, despite leaving you the freedom to resist and leave at will.

... I'd be lying if I didn't respect it at least for it's effectiveness.

In short... I'm not sure where I stand with the show, to be honest. With most content from this point on being entirely fanbased, I feel like I know pretty much all I need to about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, to able to have an unignorant thought point on it. I'm not even interested in the 3rd Season, since it seems like a safe bet that the overall formula of the show (being the adventures of 6 best friends and an interesting cast of characters living their lives and improving their relations with eachother) probably won't get shaken up by the Crystal Empire or what might come after it.

But I do think ya'll are pretty cool dudes... and it does bring a smile to my face to be able to see what you're all up to.

I wasn't sure if I'd stick along for the ride once I finished watching what's currently available... but I think I might now. If no one minds, anyway.

... oh **** all kinds of duck, I'm actually asking if I can stay. Am I in the transparent closet and having not even realised it?! ARE YOU STORING HEARTH'S WARMING EVE PRESENTS IN HERE!?!
    Man, come on. Give it up. You're a Brony. You're a Brony for the same reason Thanqol and Luka are. Because the other Bronies are cool. It's not a crime, it's not a lapse. You're not telling your orthodox parents you decided to become a Unitarian. You're not joining a cult. You're hanging out with people who like a cartoon. Which means... You're basically doing what happens every day. Being around people who have opinions on stuff and conglomerate together due to said opinions.

Come on in, the pony's fine. And if you're Equine-intolerant we've got this nice tangent blocker for you.

Okay, a request:

Stop saying "you guys". A sample quote:

*Please, there is no need to seperate "ponythreaders" from "playgrounders". Asking if "you can stay" is just the sort of needless boundry-creation that is generaly rude everywhere.*

I am not going to say the generic "if your posting on ponythread, your a brony" silliness. But, for all that is good and just, stop making it out as if your in some sort of bubble that the rest of the thread is not inside, and simply accept that, in general, this forum is a rather nice place as a whole, and setting oneself up as watching a group of forumites from a two-way window like some sort of vaugly amused vacationer watching "those ponythreaders and there strange and wonderful ways" is pointless and rather rude.
    Well put. And old. Oh well, such are quotes.

EDIT: After thinking about it, I realise that I don't really agree that it's rude. However I do think that Ido has been here long enough that he can be considered "one of us"

Anyway, more pictures, since that's all I really do around here.

My Little Changeling, Deception is Magic
    Spoiler
    Show

Interesting choice in using the body colour for the manes and tails.

Seperate versions (would probably make good avatars):
    Spoiler
    Show

Trixie's Failed Summoning
    Spoiler
    Show

Another anthro Pinkie
    Spoiler
    Show
    That portrait of me in there is heart-stopping. Why didn't anyone tell me I was so gorgeous~?

The fingers on this one irk me because of the scan fail, but it's nicely detailed. The traffic cone is cute, though, and I like what Pinkie has to display. There's a bonus to all those sweets, I suppose~

Unless thats her, like, spirit animal or something.

"What do you mean this fugly thing is my dragon! The Grrreeaaat and Powerful Trixie demands a beast more sutible for her needs!"
    Thanqol, how much experience on top of Familiar•••• is required for Crackle?

... Having never actually asked, I never got an answer so looked it up.

Crackle is a Goetic demon familiar, made by evicting the spirit of your own Awesomeness.

Or possibly a Supernal spirit, same dot cost I think.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Glad the forums are back up.*

Seems they're running Cloudfire now, that should speed things up a little.
    They've been running cloudfire, actually. It's just only visible when it kicks in hard and still fails.

I find people being overly concerned about being respectful is something of a major problem in and of itself. Good discussion doesn't happen if your afraid to tap the occaisonal fetlock or knock horns.
    ... Giggety?
    Tapping fetlocks is new favorite slang. Next to Adorbz.

Additional random question: What's with the Trollestia / Molestia monkier? I've been meaning to ask about that; I never really understood it. Celestia's got a bit of an impish side to her, but the whole "Send Everyone to the Moon" thing I never really understood.
    Epileptic trees.

There is enough evidence that Equestria is less a utopia and more a glossy, white-washed presentation of a Holy Roman Empire style feudal world. We only see the happy parts, but there are dungeons and orphans and murders and it is all kept in control by a benevolent tyrant, the god empress Celestia I, who took control of the realm by banishing her once-co ruler Luna I to the moon in a coup, and deploys the royal guard to maintain her nazi-esque control beneath a veneer of charm and matronly support.

It's silly, but it lead to some fun things, like the New Lunar Republic, and some good art.

Molestia is because this is the Internet. And the sisters are hot.

I don't think the ponythread argument over the climate was ever to be confused with eternal night being a good thing, just that the evil would be more direct tryanny then just slowly starving everypony to death. Its noted by Word of Faust that simply not lowering the moon would not have been the only thing NMM would have inflicted.
    word of Faust is that word of Faust is useless. Just putting that out there again.

Also people fondly imagine that Luna was somehow awake the whole time with nothing to do or whatever thus making it some "horrible thing" or whatever... despite being clearly merged with the moon and Word of Faust noting Luna was basically asleep the whole time.
    More that Nightmare Moon was in control, so Luna was Quiescent.*

Random question: *has anyone codified the pony's D&D stats? *I know about the pathfinder ponies, but has anyone else made the attempt?
    I've made an actual monster version, wherein a pony of the base variety was brought to the proper size and given the proper feats and templates. This resulted in Pegasi being wiser than normal though.

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    We're back, baby! *Yay!

In the downtime, I remembered that a friend of mine shares the same birthdate as I do, so I sent off for some lasercuts to be made on his behalf. *Nothing fancy, just a little bit of tracing, but I thought I'd share one of the patterns in particular:
    I want to drink from that so bad.

My math showed that it's actually closer to 58 or so. *Based off the size of the house Big Mac dragged, his strength is 59, while Twilight and Rarity are more along the lines of 56.
    Eh. Big Mac has as much as a x10 top level modifier to his eventual drag/pull limit, in his Schmoopydoo form.

But I meant, has anyone tried to make playable D&D pony races, besides the PF ones?
    Hold on a spell.

> Starry Notions casts Supernal Sympathy
    > Starry Notions contacts herself via TIEM MAJIKS

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS
    Alrigty-dighty, pony in D&D. As far as I can see, you have several choices.

Be a bunch of puns and word-jokes. Use spells, items and phrases that revolve around pony stuff. In which case, Thanqol and the Allfeather-in-absentia would be your go-to folks.

Be a brony.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is a feat in a third-party book, called family tradition. you take it at 1st level (and only 1st!) and you pick a class. For the rest of the game, that class can use a different ability score for it's casting than normal. You will pick either strength or constitution. Be a big, imposing biker dude (or similar).

Your tattoo'd arms double as a spell book. Your beard is the envy of dwarves. You own an effigy warhorse, name Harley Davidson. It spews fire. Leadership can be used for the sole purpose of having groupies, to prove your Manliness. Other things to this effect. Be a bad ass.

You will want the Comfort Object flaw. That comfort object will be a pony. At level 3, that pony will become your item familiar, granting you skill bonuses and, even better, bonus experience! (you will have to take the item familiar feat at level 3; this is not part of the flaw). Take a metamagic feat, preferably Craft Wondrous Item. You will bring harmony to the land by using all o that extra experience to make friendship bracelets that have magic powers. Every item you create will be an obvious pony toy. The paladin's augment crystal that allows him to overcome enemy DR? It's a Sticker of Lyra and Bon-Bon snuggling. The bracers of protection are macrame-and-bead charm bracelets saying BFFs 4 ever. Etc.

Make gratuitous use of Summon Monster spells. Look at the stats, figure out what kind of pony they would be. Write out the statblock for future reference. Don't summon a fiendish scorpion, summon Grass Nipper, the orange pony who grapples with his teeth and stomps rather than stings (the poison being all the muck he tromped through while in the fields). Describe in detail how, at the end of the battle, your pony friend rears and gives you a high-five while Harley Davidson sprays flames in the background dramatically. Electric guitars may or may not begin to play, while the gods poor whiskey down your throat. (/manliness)

Or you could actually be a pony. This one is the most rules-intensive during character creation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Be an awakened pony. Either a template, or the flaw Slight Frame can reduce you to small. As your free feat from the flaw, take the Redhead feat from Ravenloft Player's Handbook. Rename it something like Unicorn magic, so a friend reading the character sheet doesn't call BS.

The Redhead feat let's you take one 1st level or two 0 level spells, and gain them as spell-like abilities. There are two versions of gaining Shugenja spells, one Druid spell version, and one bard version. They all let you pick spells as spell-like abilities... The point being that this feat exist in so many forms, in so many books, the DM has to be familiar with one version or another, in case you can't cite some pony on the internet who is feeding you info from books you don't own

Well, there's your unicorn magic. Prestidigitation, Mage hand. Ghost sound... Go hog wild. I was trying to figure out how to get persistent Mage Hand, but it requires cheese. If you and your DM are cool with it, you can have permanent, low-weight telekinesis (Mage Hand) by taking easy metamagic'd persistent sanctum'd earth'd transmutation focus'd Mage hand... Hm. 0 + 6 -1 -1 -1 -1, best I can do is make Mage hand a 2nd level spell... HOWEVER, if you explain the process, explain you want Mage Hand for character who has 4 legs... Or hay. Be a tiny unicorn, take the "Unicorn Magic" feat and any cool DM will (if you don't have a history of munchkinism) will look at you funny and say sure. If you go the sanctum/earth/easy/specialist metamagic route, you might be required to take some of those feats to justify the spell-like ability having them. I'd take metamagic school focus (transmutation) and... Hm. The feat elf dilettante, maybe? Forgot that one. Looks like you can get a 24 hour Mage hand as a 1st level SLA.

Either way, you end up spending feats for the ability to have hands that touch things in a 30+ foot radius. Not too useful, not really broken, because you can grab things at a distance, but there are weight limits, you can't attack, and can't feel. The pony has +2 str, +2 dex, and +2 con. Intelligence is 3d6, and CHA is 1d3+4 (or -4, if you're willing to average). Shrinking it to small reduces Str by 2, improves Dex by 2, and grants small bonuses and penalties. You would have +2 natural armor and a movement of 40 feet per round. Off-hand, this sounds similar to a hobgoblin, so your DM would probably suggest a +1 LA. Hobgoblin doesn't need it, but it's in the book, so... Aye. Whatever.

So you have 2 flaws, one to make you smaller, one to represent not having hands (and let's face it, there are a LOT of things hands can do that Mage hands cannot. Like give you tactile feedback without putting your face on something potentially dangerous). That last one might be a hard sell, Since lack of hands is just part of the race, but since it's a flavor flaw to get a flavor feat, you'll probably be ok. Anyway, you have room for Improved Familiar, netting you a pseudodragon (eventually). Myself, I see no problem with taking it now and getting Now benefit, but you might. If so, run, endurance, more metamagic to make you feel better about cheesing a 0 level spell into a permanent ability, whatever makes you feel better.

Final bit of race stuff is that, being an awakened pony, you would have 4 hitdice. The best suggestion I've seen is to mechanically get, and fail a save against, 3 negative levels. You have 1 hitdie, and that can be subsumed by class levels (the book says humanoid, monstrous humanoid, and fey only, but giants and undead do it all the time so meh), making you a pony unicorn [class].

For a marshmallow spacebeast, you would do the above, except template shuffle for the ooze type, and pray nothing kills you in the mountains because the rest of the party would find you delicious. Adding pseudonatural for the ability to become a tentacled terror from beyond the veil of Parties is also possible, but... Slippery slope. You go that route and one day you'll join me in an alley, shivering around a trashcan fire, asking passers-by for just enough money for one more roll of 5d6 drop 2 reroll 1s during chargen. Believe me, that's not where you want to be.

-

Specific items and spells and such I haven't looked into yet. It took longer than expected to codify all this stuff and look it up to make sure it works as intended. Haven't even touched the cutie mark... I'm not 100% on how to get that on a non-construct pony. I mean, it would work, but it would also be weird.
    There.

Now you make me question what a lawyer pony does..... *scrutinizes Anarion closely
    Mostly complain about a lack of lawyering duties, honestly. It's the best their guild could wrangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Nitpick: mayors and cities are not signs opposed to nobility. In fact, 'mayor' of old is feudal officer overlooking a portion of his lord's property, ensuring taxes are paid and order kept, freeing lord to do lordly stuff like hunts and jousting (which is canon in Equestria) and spending monies. True, later mayors were somewhat democratically elected in free cities, but if city was property of a noble, they were only merely educated, appointed overseers, in some countries still are, in fact.
    Good point, but I believe they specifically reference Mayor Mare as being elected. I can't remember if that's accurate or just a fic idea though.

I do want somepony to write the one about Pinkie being elected a mayor (or was it Applejack?) and the political battle is the mayor and the new candidate sabotaging themselves so hard because no one wants to actually be saddled with the position.

Also: Hipster
    Cool. I'd wear it.

First time is free right?
    That's what I told Marchande to tell Oratrice d'Maison, yes.

Or wait, no, don't tell*Her that. Oops.

Well, this just further convinces me that computer programmers are actually wizards.
    Ah heck, no! It's all technology! YOULL INVOKE DISBELIEF YOU FOOL

Unfortunately, Thanqol kind of beat you to it as far as taking over my life. Telling him you're going to run a Mage game is like picking up a tennis ball in front of a golden retriever puppy.
    This had me*Laughing uproariously in true Aquaman fashion. I'll be interested in how it goes.

What does a Lich do when his favorite recreation is denied to him?
    No war games? Read pony fiction, I imagine.

Okay, I guess. I don't really see Twilight and Luna as having the same proportions like that, but artist's interpretation I guess.
    It's not quite as off as you would think, from that angle. The hair being incorrect is what got me.

No, what I settled on was it being Twilight's reflection in a window on a snowy night, as she leaned against it, eyes the pale green of the nightmare that took to having a crush on her. A ship fic unfolded itself within my heart at that moment, it was all very bittersweet.

If that's an oblique suggestion for why we don't get enough Luna then I will disagree. It's Flash, its all additive work. So once they have a model they have everything that model could do before. Its why the animation has constantly improved and background ponies have diversified, especially away from standard models, because they have increasing time to do such things. So Luna would be less and less work each time, and you could possibly get away with just new direction and placing*

Or that's my understanding of Flash animation anyways.*

Now though while I should say that even if its more difficult that's not much excuse for the animators who are paid to do that, but is some of one for artist that do this presumably mostly in their spare time. But then most of them are doing still work not animation so the biggest distinctions are gone.*

Ehh I'm grinding an old axe, I got a little fed-up with people not doing Luna right about a month after Luna Eclipsed first aired and I was still seeing people doing stuff with depowered SE01 Luna. So that show accuracy became a sticking point. If you want her in your art, then do it right is all.
    I am positive that was willful choice due to disliking the new design, mostly because it didn't fit with the Pity Party Princess they had envisioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    So... season 3 is starting so very soon... so very soon...
    *strokes brushy Fluttershy figure*
    Yessss.

Finally, my life will have meaning again!
    O reaper man, u so silly.

It's not Flash animation as such. FiM uses Symbol animation, which is a way of animating in Flash. I haven't done a great deal of Symbol animation, but from what I know about it, they probably have a library of pre-drawn pony parts (most likely imported in from Illustrator) which they convert into Symbols and animate by tweening them from one position to the next. I think the animation process is kind of similar to how they animate in 3D, minus the library part, but I don't know enough about 3D animation to say for sure. I have a friend who's very good with symbols, he probably knows better then I do.

Which reminds me I really want a scrambled egg.
    That stuff though, a lot of those Tweens are masterfully done, and micromanaged in such a way they aren't any different from standard animation techniques.

Hell, they got a shape tween to work. A shape tween. For those who have never tried, a shape tween is like an equation, where you have the beginning, and you have the end, but for some reason the internal workings resemble Michael Jackson in a serious road incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    I made a pony!

Spoiler
    Show

Ponified version of one of my D&D characters, a Fire Genasi Swordmage. Shamelessly traced the pose from Twilight preparing to charge NMM in Ep2. The hair was the hard bit. Still needs tweaking, such as thicker lines, and she will be my new avatar.

Edit: not sure the cutie mark is right yet, but here (<-----) is the avatar version.
    Work, slick! I like the poise and fire. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I suspect it's that they originally started Luna Eclipsed using the old design and changed her design at some point during or after the episode was created. Quite often during the episode, if you pause you can see parts of her old mane left over, that they didn't remove.

So I don't think it's that they have a problem with her mane, it's just that they were probably in a hurry because the decision to change her design happened relatively late (I suspect). That aside, I agree that they'll continue to get better, too.
    Interesting. I thought that was just my eyes. Isn't her frame different subtly as well?

This is also the reason why the whole Woona thing doesn't hold much appeal to me, and why - to bring back the filly wars - I'd probably have to give the victory to Twilight when it comes to being cute. Because cuteness is not the appeal of Luna to me. I like Luna for being totally badass and for her dark, mysterious beauty, not for being cute and adorable. Reverting her back to little S1 Luna takes her edge away.

Frankly I'd love to see a filly Luna who isn't cute and adorable, but dark and edgy like her adult self.
    Oh, hm.

Yep. Sold.

You're welcome
    Why thank you~!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I was just checking out some stuff for the Borderlands 2 DLC character, Gaige the Mechromancer.*

Apparently her skill tree contains all of the pony references. No, really.
    Though knowing ponythread, someone has long since linked this.
    Discord (of IRC fame) was gushing at me about it over Xbox. Said draconequus is considering shipping me the game just to enjoy that.

Also discussion of mythical creatures on EQD brings up an interesting point. Sphinx in Equestria... Human faced or pony faced?
    Anthro cat face!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    It was a happy accident.
    Oh, dang.

And here I thought it was 'because being a straight mare was boring'.

This. Applejack is two drinks away from being an excellent character.
    Waitwaitwait. Wait.

Wait.

Drinks for her? Or drinks for you?

Eventually? The original song was written a year and a half ago.
    Oh Thanqol you cantankerous pigeon. Let the kids have their fun! Slinging the memes of yesteryear, discussing whether the solar empire or lunar republic is better, how awesome it's gonna be for Trixie to show up in S2, and all that. Don't crush their ambitious natures~!

... given that there are like 30 different warring factions in your origonal characters and such, I can only assume that the obvious answer to stupid question "How many wars have you guys been in!?!" is "we don't have fingers, so we can't count, but it's a lot."
    Oh, no. No.
    No.

There is no dissent. We do not argue or differ. It was outlawed. Now there is only the sublime peace of the herd.

I mean, is there a consistent timeline for the episodes? How long has Twilight been in Ponyville?
    There isn't even a consistent timeline for the first two episodes, so I'm going with no.

To be honest, other than Pinkie and the fillies having apparently been punking her, the fear toward Luna seemed completely real.

Also, for a Legend, it's odd that -NO ONE- seemed to recognise her, or at least be willing to even studder out about her in fear when she first came back at the final day of the sun celebration. And then going from "she just stole our ruler and threatened to cast us in eternal night again" to "pony santa claus" seems.... strange.
    Would you recognize a celebrity out of makeup? Think about it. Before her return, Luna was an old wive's tale. Upon her return, ponies learn that old wive's tale was true. They all go read about this horrible evil who wants to oppress them all and extinguish the sun. And then she shows up on her own national holiday and trows lightning at you and fractures the ground with her fist. The God-Empress has returned, and she is apparently vengeful!

Also consider other similar figures. I guarantee Jesus wasn't a white guy. He'd go unrecognized and has millions of fans. Do you know what the queen of England looks like? That's right. Old. She looks old. Have anything more descriptive? Crown? Scepter? No? Thought so.

Being shy and such, and a bit a loof due to being gone for 1000 years is one thing. If she came out acting a bit like that, I'd have little question about her personality. But the brief exchange Luna had with Celestia when first changed back from Nightmare Moon (... which was oddly changed into apparently being a form she can assume at will?) set up a slightly different persona in my head; I at least wasn't expecting her to go all hamlet.
    She came back and acted like a Princess. Royalty put on shows. Fallon back on old patterns, especially patterns of power over others, is how people cope.

And yes. Luna was not possessed; nightmare moon was her, fully ramped up and amplified by emotion (just like Shining Armor's shield spell - it's a consistent pony trait). Her smaller form is because she was reduced to her youth. Now that she is not in stasis, puberty caught up to her.

And yet you all still fail. If you succeeded, I'd be at the doctor with gums bleeding to the point of missing teeth from the blood pushing them loose.
    That's cute, and an example of said coping mechanism. No one failed. Insisting that some outside force was unable to best your impregnability might make you feel secure, but it isn't true.
    Their goal was to get you to admit it was cute. You did. No amount of "I did what you wanted, but! I didn't I far enough to make it a parody" will make them take a loss instead of a win.

Still, ya'll really like dat flank, dontcha?
    Yes. One might say I am... Envious.

I've posted this before. So I can call Swordsage!

.... wait, am I calling Pinkie here?

Eh, either way.
    Pinkie'd, yes.

I would buy that set of muffin pajamas in a heartbeat if they existed.
    To the sewing tutorials!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Okay, so I'm finally working up motivation to restart work on my Fluttershy Mindscape fic, for its own sake. *But I have a feeling that one of the core concepts is lacking: the cause of the conflict. *

Let me recap since it's been so long since I've worked on this. *The central concept is that through some mystical aid, Pinkie explores Fluttershy's mindscape to figure out what's got her critically depressed and avoiding all contact. *The source of all this is an out of control Inner Critic dominating her mindscape and Pinkie goes through and talks to and deals with the other aspects of her personality to figure out what happened and how to deal with it. *

Now this is where I'm having trouble. *Currently what I have is that an accident in the marketplace has dredged up memories of a time when her exuberance unintentionally created a situation where an animal became severely injured. *The problem that I have is that I can't really tie this to have her blaming herself over being joyful causing injuries. *Would it make more sense for the resurgence of this memory to cause her to be ultra-careful to the point of not doing anything? *Or should I change the cause of the rise of self-loathing?
    Woohoo!*

The cause looks good to me, honestly. Fluttershy is prone to such things.

So in the recent blindbag wave, I notice something:

Twilight's mom is the author of the Daring Do books?
    Mostly I just connected Twilight Velvet and 'tip the velvet' and snickered. I wonder how Twilight's dad won her over~?

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Ngoufv!

(That is an approximate transcription of the noise that escaped my lips on seeing that.)
    Hehe.

Nah, but she is the one who gets her name on the cover. She's worked out a deal with Daring's cousin, who actually writes the books but from whom nobody would buy them. But she does write other stories - the Con Mane novels, for instance.

(The cousin in question is, of course, Miss Ditzy Do.)
    Interesting. Very interesting. I like.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I played some Pony Fantasy VI last night, and being bored as I grind for some magic points, I came up with a new game-- "Crusaders' Towers"!
    To play the game, I make a team of Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and one more member (any unicorn or alicorn). The object of the game is to get the CMC safely to the top of Fanatics' Tower and back down again without using Wall Rings or the reflect spell. Since only magic can be used, Bloom and Scoots can wear Berzerk Rings.

So far the record is held by Trixie who got the CMC up to the top of the tower and halfway back down before a CMC member fell (Bloom). Celestia was a couple floors away from the top before Scootaloo was made into fried chicken with a Flare spell. Twilight got maybe a third the way up the tower before she was hit with a confusion spell and then nuked her party with Ultima.
    Dammit Twilight!

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Could be. It doesn't even need to be a big disaster. A mean pony who just hates *that song or something and lectures her on being so noisy could work. It really depends on the memory. I think it would be funny if the 'traumatic memory' was something that's actually really minor like waking up her foalsitter and getting yelled at.
    "Are you sure you can do this sir? She is a tough one to crack."
    "I'm getting hazard pay?"
    "Yes."

Spoiler
    Show

"Then let's do this thing."

Buck the trend! Express yourselves.*
    Although I can't say I like any of those tie's colors. And I am one of those people that would throw on a tie for no reason but to look semi-professional-casual. Rolled up sleeves on a colored collared shirt with contrasting colored tie make you pop and stand out. Add light khaki slacks, comfortable loafers, and a stylish hat to finish up your look, one that Rarity would approve.
    It's like you handed my mind a budget and watched what it did when clothes shopping!

And I see that Twilight is from nobility is catching on.
    Dame Sparkle was knighted. Perhaps the nobility graced her line instead of just her? I mean, the episode is designed to imply that she came from a background that made such schooling hard, so she couldn't be that noble before...

Chapter 8 of II is finished. I think from now on I'll skip the ponythread prereading process and just publish the chapters when I'm done with them. Not that I don't appreciate the feedback when I get it, I just can't justify delaying each chapter like this. Better to just publish it and let everyone read and critique it.

Every time I see this it says like, seven out of two, and it blows my miiiind, man. Like, ka-pssshhhh!

I still haven't gotten to this. I haven done a lot of things I should. Sorry luv. I'll get to it.

News edit: It seems that WalMart is, in fact, not hipster at all. They just need better focus groups (or we're all really out of touch and vintage characters are actually more appealing to more people).
    It's kind of like bootleg.

Do you remember like, power rangers, or yu gi oh cards, or pokemon cards? How you wanted em, but your parents always bought you the cheap knock-off ones, because they couldn't tell the difference? And you used em anyway because otherwise you'd be rude?

Yeah. That's what I think is going on here.

I was thinking that too since it is Wal-Mart we're talking about.
    Also, my local Wal-Mart, despite being of the "super" variety, carries very little MLP merch.
    Commiseration hoof! /)

Unless we're talking about steaks. :q
    Skirt steak always gives me the most girly, immature giggle fit.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    silly...Fluttershy is the author....how else do you think she can afford to feed and doctor up all those animals(and offer 10 bits for a cherry)
    because as we all know, THERE IS NO PEGASUS MAFIA
    I'm going to forget my rebuttal in light of your intent. i'msosorryididn'tknowpleasedon'thurtme

I don't see how they even have a holiday based around her at all... it just doesn't quite add up in my head. In the first episode, no one recognised her but Twilight, who had actually researched her. You'd think they would if there was a holiday based on not ticking off this person.
    Twilight had heard of her prior. You've heard of the man in the moon right? Have you actually heard any tales about him? They exist.

No?

Well there you are. It comes about in the same way self-assured adults with half remembered knowledge gained from eavesdropping insist Halloween is the worship of an old evil pumpkin-headed deity names "Sam-Hane".

Additionally, Zecora seemed to be the local expert for this holiday, telling it to the little chillin'. Yet Zecora wasn't even really treated as a member of Ponyville for a while, with everyone as freaked out by her as they were by Luna.

The cogs are trying to turn, but so far it's just overheating...
    Zecora got better treatment since that episode. She's basically Applebloom's off screen mentor. Everyone in town is used to her by now. They'd have to be.

Again, I understand the regalness. I don't understand her having a perfectly normal dialect with Celestia and in her return, then going Macbeth for the holiday. Heck, compare her dialog to that of her briefly ironic appearance in the final episode.
    Compare the language and mannerisms of drill instructors, police officers, judges and attorneys, both on, and off, the job.

The first two are louder, more authoritative, and have specific speech forms. The second two as well, sans volume.

When your job is to put up a good appearance as the God Empress of The Lunar Spheres, you speak in royal address and loud enough for the entire hall to hear you. Remember, you never say "thee" our "thou" to your equals, only your inferiors. "Oh, sister, I have missed thee!" would have gotten her prepubescent plot sent back to the moon.

Where on earth did Bwobs come from?
    Someone thought I was cuter to say blob in baby talk. Duh.

Lixie, you're like the Morrigan Aensland of this group. An elicit incarnation of lust shipping that corrupts the pure and innocent around you for fun.
    dinnae misspell me old' mistress' name again, lad. We get cross abou' it.

The thing is, I still hear about flanks, and flanking, and covering eachother's flanks, and flanking people... but before this group, that was all completely mature, strategic talk, involving attacking or defending from behind.

And now, I can't reread that paragraph withot thinking about pony butt.
    "I'm gonna flank you!" = "I'm gonna attack you from behind"?

In what first world country did you grow up that didnt already think that was dirty?!

Wait what?

... no, nevermind.

.... actually no, better I learn here where it's safe...

..... but I'm not sure if I'm ready to know yet....

...... DARN IT I DON'T KNOW!!!
    Cows dude. Beef. Steaks come from the flank of a cow. Mellow out.

Yeah, sure thing, Darkstalker.
    Oh my...
    FeLixia?
    Morrigan AensLix?

Hot.

I'm more like a changeling, really ...
    I was gonna draw you a changeling dash avatar like your current one, but then I realized I would probably just ask a pony thread digital artist to do it. So.

Hey deadly! Can I bribe you into making a changeling dash avatar for deadly? He would really appreciate it!

You know, this is especially apropos, what with all the rumors floating around that Bleakbane is actually a pretty pony princess.
    Floating? Those rumors were sinking like downed ships in live-fire Battleship.

Good on you for bringing it back. We'll brow-beatPolitely coerce him into using a princess avatar yet!
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-11-04 at 11:09 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground

So that's where you've been SiuS!

and I have no idea what you're trying to say to me
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #1331

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Oh Pinkie. U so randy.

There.
    Eeyup. Dangit, I'm the one who posted the original, and now I've got Pinkie's squeaky voice singing, "Now, here is a riddle to guess if you can, sing the bells of Canterlooot! What makes a monster, and what makes a mare?"

Also, D&D knowledge is pro. I'll have to remember Family Tradition; I've got a sudden hankering to play that Strongarm guy from FMA... Now I know how.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey, think I'll just pop into ponythread before bed, see what's going on-"

*run over by quote-post*

*mostly dead* Good t'see you 'round these parts :P
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ettin in the Playground

I Just read my little dashie,
    Spoiler
    Show
    kinda sad after seeing Odd Life of Timothy Green ending, except everyone in town knows who Timothy Green is and he saved not only his adopted dad's job but probably also the town. Is there any movie or story that is similiar to it.
    P.S- The Narrator kinda remind me of Megan from Generation 1, the only human who is kind towards ponies.
    Last edited by t209; 2012-11-05 at 12:39 AM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Barbarian in the Playground

I was gonna draw you a changeling dash avatar like your current one, but then I realized I would probably just ask a pony thread digital artist to do it. So.

Hey deadly! Can I bribe you into making a changeling dash avatar for deadly? He would really appreciate it!

Was that really the poor chap's name?

Oh Pinkie. U so randy.
    For the record, it's probably not pronounced "Cloppin". [/helpful]

Did I ever mention me, Akrim.elf, 'n' Elemental are still running the request thingy? We're just, you know, selective.
    Last edited by Dirtytabs; 2012-11-05 at 01:22 AM.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Troll in the Playground

-standard fare-
    That's a neat trick. So are you going to do one for, y'know, this thread next?
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-11-05 at 02:06 AM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Hey, think I'll just pop into ponythread before bed, see what's going on-"

*run over by quote-post*

*mostly dead* Good t'see you 'round these parts :P
    Oh!

Quick, Lixie! We need mouth to mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    For the record, it's probably not pronounced "Cloppin". [/helpful]
    I don't even remember why the riginal post was. I'm seeing big nose and mask... Hunchback Of Notre Dame? I just remember my brain freezing at the perceived phrase "Pinkie is clopping".

Did I ever mention me, Akrim.elf, 'n' Elemental are still running the request thingy? We're just, you know, selective.
    I know, luv, I know. But you're always so busy! Also, Deadly drew the first one, so it woul be simple for Deadly to draw the second one. It makes a certain sense, non?

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    That's a neat trick. So are you going to do one for, y'know, this thread next?
    standard fare? That was only 46.5k characters, sans some transport artifacts. I didn't even have to cut it down! I'm getting feeble in my old age...

Is what I would say, except I'm not done with last thread yet. I just like giving you guys breathing room.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Tara is Best Troll.

Unquestionably.

This is all.
    Beautiful, simply beautiful.
    Truth resists simplicity.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Troll in the Playground

Goodness me! A good old-fashioned quote post from SiuiS.

It- it's been so long... *sniff* oh, excuse me. I have something in my eye...

And welcome back to Alabenson too!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS
    Yeah... >_>

That artist, she does the heads way to small. There's almost no cranium, the entire headspace is taken up by the normally-outside-headspace muzzle! Also some issues with the way the business combines with torso shape combines with sizing of shoulders just exacerbates it. I'm all for hot busty ponies, sure, but the cartoony proportions throw me off.
    King Cheetah's character proportions are often FAR more cartoony. Compare that Pinkie with Mare Do Well here:
    Spoiler
    Show

That portrait of me in there is heart-stopping. Why didn't anyone tell me I was so gorgeous~?
    Why, we assumed you knew, Dahling!

With your suggestion of Deadly maybe getting a Rainbow changeling avatar, maybe I should take one too, then we can try and get people with the whole set! We already have an Angel too.

Dibs on Twilight
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't even remember why the riginal post was. I'm seeing big nose and mask... Hunchback Of Notre Dame? I just remember my brain freezing at the perceived phrase "Pinkie is clopping".

I know, luv, I know. But you're always so busy! Also, Deadly drew the first one, so it woul be simple for Deadly to draw the second one. It makes a certain sense, non?
    Admittedly, I have to force myself to think "Clo-pin". Pinkie is cloppiCLO-PIN.

Indeed it does. Hey, uh, Deadly. Would you like to make perhaps maybe a changeling Rarity I'mjustsaying.

standard fare? That was only 46.5k characters, sans some transport artifacts. I didn't even have to cut it down! I'm getting feeble in my old age...

Is what I would say, except I'm not done with last thread yet. I just like giving you guys breathing room.
    Points for being able to read every post in these maddeningly fast threads.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    There's also Minuette, who is clearly Romana, and an earth pony in a top hat and collar who might or might not be the Valeyard.
    Cutie marks are like getting a nickname. This one's called "Bob".

Well, yeah.

I think trying to make sense of every background pony appearance is the road to madness.
    Oh I think most of us were quite mad well before this show started. For example, I can attest that one needs to be at least 51% crazy to run a long-standing RP tabletop game for a party that takes them from level 1 to 20 using 90% minimum homebrew campaign content.

Guh.
    Glad you survived alright through the storm. You should tell us your war story at some point. Faring against the winds, surviving against the lack of power, fighting off the zombieponies... okay maybe one of those wasn't a big issue.

Commiseration hoof! /)
    (\
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Titan in the Playground

Aaaaaaaah! That's some good quote-post. 'Bout time!

Some of us don't need to breathe!

Guh.

Welcome back! It's actually been fairly quiet recently, barely making a page a day on a slow day.

But, now SiuiS is back, I expect the pace to pick up just on that alone!

(No, seriously, experience has shown that tends to create more discourse as everypony tends to back-and-forth a bit more, 'cos SiuiS tends to talk to everypony, so everypony tends to talk back and them talk to each other and so on and so on; which is a more noticable effect these days, with less regular posters than there used to be.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    Points for being able to read every post in these maddeningly fast threads.
    "Maddeningly fast?" Ha! Oh, you! When we get back to "five pages overnight" and "one thread per week", we can talk about "maddeningly fast...!"
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-11-05 at 07:36 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

Every time I see this it says like, seven out of two, and it blows my miiiind, man. Like, ka-pssshhhh!

I still haven't gotten to this. I haven done a lot of things I should. Sorry luv. I'll get to it.
    Hehe, I feel the same every time I write it

And no worries, I know that feel (too).

Oh man ... well, if Deadly ever finds the time I'm sure he'd be happy to make Deadly a changeling avatar. But I hear he's kinda busy this month, trying to write like mad for NaNoWriMo. So far he's just barely keeping up with the daily goals, which he tells me is really annoying because with the time he sets aside for it he ought to be way ahead of the goal, but he keeps getting distracted.

Like last night, I saw him totally waste hours playing Canterlot Siege. He almost beat Discord on Advanced, even, but then the bastard just wandered off and that was like 3 in the morning.

He also got it in his silly head to try to program a pony screensaver, as if this was the best time to do something like that.

Sometimes I just don't know what to do about him, you know?
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-11-05 at 07:47 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Spamalot in the Playground

The second entry in Empress Trixie's GalCiv2 foray:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Luna,

I am now well within my 5th year as empress of the Unicorn Empire and I am pleased to announce that the galaxy is no longer threatening to kill me. It is now Actively trying to kill me!

Our lost ship, the UEV Cadence, had finally come home early in the 4th year. It was quickly followed by an attack fleet of the sinister French empire. They attacked the Unicorn colony world of Devin II, destroying its starbase and the two asteroid miner ships parked in orbit.
    However, the French fleet did not bring the capabilities to invade the colony itself and left our citizens to cower in fear under their beds.

Of course you know, this means war.

The Unicorn Empire quickly turned our peaceful terraforming research into the manufacturing of laser weaponry and hull armor. We fitted fourteen small fighter ships with armaments, paired them with six troop transport shuttles and sent them all to follow the retreating French fleet. Anything they can do, I can do better.
    In theory this axiom works best when you know what you’re getting into.

Three months later my fleet arrived at their nearest plant: The French Homeworld.

I admit I wasn’t prepared for this. I expected that following those French ships would have led me to some small planet-bound staging ground they set up. Not their homeworld! I quickly formed two fleets with my fighters and tried a strategy--
    Fleet one (Alpha) would make a pass at the homeworld to draw out as many defenses as I they could.
    Fleet two (Beta) would then escort the troop shuttles to the planet surface for an invasion.

Two weeks of battles thus played out. Alpha drew out nearly all of the French’s forces, taking a huge pounding from swarms of heavy fighter craft. After the third wave, only three ships remained, all damaged. However, this did its job in allowing Beta to bombard a relatively small defense fleet at the French homeworld. Only one Unicorn fighter was lost!
    We landed our troops at the end of week two and met the enemy:

Unicorn troops: 3,000
    French troops: 12,000

Despite the odds, we were completely surprised quite pleased that their forces could not muster a resistance against us. Was there any doubt? Well, okay, maybe a little.

We took the French homeworld with the loss of only 300 unicorns. The French army lost their entire force. It is said that it is better to be lucky than good. Obviously, Trixie is Both.
    The French ambassador called me up and issued terms for a peace treaty. We both withdrew our forces from each other’s borders, but the Unicorn Empire was allowed to keep the French homeworld. I suppose I could have negotiated better, but seeing as my troops had no calvary to back them up, a second attack would not be nearly as… pleasant as this initial one has been.

However, this now sets precedent for the Unicorn Empire. We can no longer peacefully develop our colony worlds without a robust military to protect them. Therefore, I am continuing to support research into military endeavors and redesigning the fleet to be composed of more robust frigates and battleships. I look forward to teaching the next empire a lesson on why Unicorns are not to be trifled with.

Your Great & Powerful Student,
    Trixie Lulamoon

P.S.: If anyone wants to suggest names for these upcoming frigates and battleships, feel free to offer. I can't gaurantee how long they last seeing as other empires are also escalating their military research.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-11-05 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Galactic Spelling Mistake
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

There is enough evidence that Equestria is less a utopia and more a glossy, white-washed presentation of a Holy Roman Empire style feudal world.
    To echo a three hundred year old joke, the New Lunar Republic is far from new, was never on the Moon, and is ruled by an unelected dictator.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Troll in the Playground

hello pony peoples
    after surviving sandy and being out of power for a week, i need updates.
    thread news, general pony news, all of it!
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Titan in the Playground

The second entry in Empress Trixie's GalCiv2 foray:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Luna,

I am now well within my 5th year as empress of the Unicorn Empire and I am pleased to announce that the galaxy is no longer threatening to kill me. It is now Actively trying to kill me!

Our lost ship, the UEV Cadence, had finally come home early in the 4th year. It was quickly followed by an attack fleet of the sinister French empire. They attacked the Unicorn colony world of Devin II, destroying its starbase and the two asteroid miner ships parked in orbit.
    However, the French fleet did not bring the capabilities to invade the colony itself and left our citizens to cower in fear under their beds.

Of course you know, this means war.

The Unicorn Empire quickly turned our peaceful terraforming research into the manufacturing of laser weaponry and hull armor. We fitted fourteen small fighter ships with armaments, paired them with six troop transport shuttles and sent them all to follow the retreating French fleet. Anything they can do, I can do better.
    In theory this axiom works best when you know what you’re getting into.

Three months later my fleet arrived at their nearest plant: The French Homeworld.

I admit I wasn’t prepared for this. I expected that following those French ships would have led me to some small planet-bound staging ground they set up. Not their homeworld! I quickly formed two fleets with my fighters and tried a strategy--
    Fleet one (Alpha) would make a pass at the homeworld to draw out as many defenses as I they could.
    Fleet two (Beta) would then escort the troop shuttles to the planet surface for an invasion.

Two weeks of battles thus played out. Alpha drew out nearly all of the French’s forces, taking a huge pounding from swarms of heavy fighter craft. After the third wave, only three ships remained, all damaged. However, this did its job in allowing Beta to bombard a relatively small defense fleet at the French homeworld. Only one Unicorn fighter was lost!
    We landed our troops at the end of week two and met the enemy:

Unicorn troops: 3,000
    French troops: 12,000

Despite the odds, we were completely surprised quite pleased that their forces could not muster a resistance against us. Was there any doubt? Well, okay, maybe a little.

We took the French homeworld with the loss of only 300 unicorns. The French army lost their entire force. It is said that it is better to be lucky than good. Obviously, Trixie is Both.
    The French ambassador called me up and issued terms for a peace treaty. We both withdrew our forces from each other’s borders, but the Unicorn Empire was allowed to keep the French homeworld. I suppose I could have negotiated better, but seeing as my troops had no calvary to back them up, a second attack would not be nearly as… pleasant as this initial one has been.

However, this now sets precedent for the Unicorn Empire. We can no longer peacefully develop our colony worlds without a robust military to protect them. Therefore, I am continuing to support research into military endeavors and redesigning the fleet to be composed of more robust frigates and battleships. I look forward to teaching the next empire a lesson on why Unicorns are not to be trifled with.

Your Great & Powerful Student,
    Trixie Lulamoon

P.S.: If anyone wants to suggest names for these upcoming frigates and battleships, feel free to offer. I can't gaurantee how long they last seeing as other empires are also escalating their military research.
    Good work.

In what I think should be Ponythread tradition all of your ships should be named Thanqol until they get at least one kill.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #1347

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    hello pony peoples
    after surviving sandy and being out of power for a week, i need updates.
    thread news, general pony news, all of it!
    Thread's been moving pretty slowly, relatively speaking. Recent topics of discussion include... You know, I'm not actually sure. Probably ponies. Possibly I should let someone else recap for you.

New season starts on Saturday. There are titles and synopses for several of the early episodes, though I seem to recall episode 3 being left off that list for some reason.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ettin in the Playground

Thread's been moving pretty slowly, relatively speaking. Recent topics of discussion include... You know, I'm not actually sure. Probably ponies. Possibly I should let someone else recap for you.

New season starts on Saturday. There are titles and synopses for several of the early episodes, though I seem to recall episode 3 being left off that list for some reason.
    Actually, we know the title and synopsis of episode 3.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's called "Too Many Pinkie Pies" or something like that, and involves Pinkie making copies of herself using a magic mirror. You can probably tell what happens next.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

29. - Top - End - #1349

There are titles and synopses for several of the early episodes, though I seem to recall episode 3 being left off that list for some reason.
    That's because eps 3.3 synopsis was released much earlier, around the same time we got info on eps 3.1 and 3.2

S3 eps 3 spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show

It involves Pinkie and clones.

Cue chaos, cue Pinkruto jokes.

edit: ninja'd.... Pinkie'd... Pinkie-ninja'd

Pinkruto from the Village of Hidden Friendships. Guided by Celestia the First Wa-kage (和影 Harmony-shadow)

Shadow Cloning Double edit: wait... in this scenario is Twilight Sasuke or Rainbow Dash? Twisuke? Dashuke?

Mass Pinkie Clone Harmony no edit Justu: Think it's best to go with Dashuke, Sakutwi, Hinashy, Apple Lee and Rarino
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2012-11-05 at 12:59 PM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

...I like how you can look at SiuiS's post and see everything that's happened for the last 20 pages Ponythread.

SiuiS, you be awesome.