New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVII: A Flat World From Recycled Scrap

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Unless the eggs are there only because of Dominic for some reason.

(That could be glorious!)
    Obviously they are, if they still exist. Things that are not genuinely Dominic sometimes stop existing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    I'd honestly be surprised. Magical Greg would keep him away from his new role as a "musician" after all.
    Greg gets his White Fire back, but comes to the epiphany that he did far more good "fighting the power" on stage than healing people, so he foreswears its use forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    I think they will be forgotten. After all, they are Luna's magic eggs, and not Dominic's.
    Come on, there's not a difference between Luna's stuff and Dominic's stuff. Luna has no free will outside of Dominic. If Dominic asked her to serve him those magic eggs sunny-side up with toast and jam, she'd do it in a heartbeat. When the magic eggs become important, Dominic will be the one to authorize their use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

We don't know what happened

But we see that everyone is safe

I can't wait to hear skele-Jacob explain how he found balance in the force.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe Jacob's just a disembodied voice, but powerful enough as an entity that Mookie can go through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio
    Greg gets his White Fire back, but comes to the epiphany that he did far more good "fighting the power" on stage than healing people, so he foreswears its use forever.
    Greg gets a new and improved version of White Fire, the most potent white magic, called White Power.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Dwarf in the Playground

Snowsong realized her only chance was to apologize to the closest Deegan. And poof, they are saved, hurray Deegan gods.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    Greg gets a new and improved version of White Fire, the most potent white magic, called White Power.
    I want it to be true so much I feel bad.

Other than that, today's comic is pretty inoffensive, I guess. Not really good, as, y'know, I didn't care about them or know what was really going on there anyway, but inoffensive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

Panel 1: The best way of portraying despair and frustration is replacing a character's face with a tiny tornado.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsh View Post
    Snowsong realized her only chance was to apologize to the closest Deegan. And poof, they are saved, hurray Deegan gods.
    And finally, it looks like A Song of Snow and White Fire METAL is going to happen.
    I almost thought Gregory would end up with a girl he didn't get to save first.

Also, newspost:

Uplifting? January 21, 2013 Posted by Mookie

After so many days of listening to doom and gloom music while working on comics, it was nice to break out something a little more uplifting. I could have gone with the more melodic and symphonic heavy metal, like Sonata Arctica or Kamelot, but I felt the more triumphant and orchestral stuff should be for white mages and other healers. So I went with Dimmu Borgir, in particular their latest album Abrahadabra. I found it fitting, given the transformative themes of the music and the band in general. That, and I think "Gateways" is a good song.

Behemoth was considered, but I tend to save them for anything involving the Infernomancer.

I had the pleasure to photograph another wonderful and charming model over the weekend. My 2013 resolution to get back into my amateur photography has been a success so far! I'll have photos to show later this week, and I do hope you like them.

That's all from me for now.
    Rock on.
    tl;dr: "Metal metal, metal metal metal metal. Metal metal metal metal. Metal. Oh, and my return to photography has been a huge success - I already got two girls to look sexy for me!"

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsh View Post
    Oh come on, I think Greg was the deegan she should have been apologizing to the most. She did kinda sorta try to murder him a few times, his friends at least once each, then setup a weak attempt at a heroes choice, "Kill me or I kill the town" "Hur hur NOPE!" and saved both. Oh, and did I call this? I think i did. Now we need to hear either ghost deegan announce that everyone is super healthy or the inept white mages that cant cure ham will be astounded by everyones incredible good health.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Author, and of the Dom and of the Vegan Spirit.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Barbarian in the Playground

Does this mean that Jacob has made it so that no one in the entire universe is ever affected by the blight ever again? Oh, man, this is stupid.

Anyone want to bet that Dominic will pull out an ultimate "See the Truth" that will make it so that no one is ever affected by illusions ever again?

11. - Top - End - #1451

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Anyone want to bet that Dominic will pull out an ultimate "See the Truth" that will make it so that no one is ever affected by illusions ever again?
    Don't be silly; that would negate the Deegans' primary power source.

No, he's going to do an ultimate StT that negates racism forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

12. - Top - End - #1452

My guess would be he pulled so hard on the blight in the bomb that he also dragged away any blight within reach. Like putting a wet/dry vac in a puddle of water trying to get a single drop.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Troll in the Playground

Oh no, what if the Blight is the reason why Greg had the "white fire" in the first place?

Assuming white fire is different from regular white magic. I don't see why Mookie didn't just keep the original justification foor it since that actually made sense (his magic muscle was under constant pressure fighting the blight so when it was removed, it was super strong).

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio
    No, he's going to do an ultimate StT that negates racism forever.
    It destroys all personality differences and quirks. As everyone will have all their illusions destroyed, they will all have the correct opinions (the same as Dominic/Mookie) about everything.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Assuming white fire is different from regular white magic. I don't see why Mookie didn't just keep the original justification for it since that actually made sense (his magic muscle was under constant pressure fighting the blight so when it was removed, it was super strong).
    Wait, he changed this? I must have missed it in my archive binge read.

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe Jacob's just a disembodied voice, but powerful enough as an entity that Mookie can go through with it.

And then he will start s spontaneous rock jam with his Facebath pals, and inflame the people against the evil government. This concert will take a week of strips.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Oh come on, I think Greg was the deegan she should have been apologizing to the most.
    Then again, Gregory is the Deegan that should apologize the most for existing. So it's not like she had a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok, so she will be gregs new love interest at the end.

You know since everyone must end up with someone for a happy ending with no real losses and she is basicly the only non taken woman with sufficient screentime to count.

17. - Top - End - #1457

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bomaz View Post
    That Sacred Knight lady he was crushing over in Down Town Erossus is there too as the only blight-free priestess. I'm suspecting it's going to be her. Snowsong is the other alternative but she's one of Mookie's game characters; I don't know if that makes it more likely or whether Mookie would consider it weird.

18. - Top - End - #1458

Quote Originally Posted by Bomaz View Post

You know since everyone must end up with someone for a happy ending with no real losses and she is basicly the only non taken woman with sufficient screentime to count.
    She also showed off great boobs WITHOUT massive black leather cleavage. Therefore she has to be good deep down inside. Im still holding out for a stonewater/melna reunion that ends in a mutual saving.

"Stonewater! You came!"

"Not yet Melna, First we have to stop DJ!"

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi
    That Sacred Knight lady he was crushing over in Down Town Erossus is there too as the only blight-free priestess. I'm suspecting it's going to be her. Snowsong is the other alternative but she's one of Mookie's game characters; I don't know if that makes it more likely or whether Mookie would consider it weird.
    Yeah, that could be a little too onanistic.

Have we had Mookie-Mookie pairings before? I know Luna is a sue but I don't think she counts as a self-insert. Donovan and Miranda?

20. - Top - End - #1460

GnomeWizardGuy

Have we had Mookie-Mookie pairings before?
    I don't know where Szark comes from, so maybe?

To be fair, I also don't know the origins of Greg. Although given all the incarnations he's been through, how can he not be Mookie?

21. - Top - End - #1461

22. - Top - End - #1462

GnomeWizardGuy

Sometimes magic is just a pair of gigantic cosmic googly eyes.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2013-01-21 at 11:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

So basically, he's doing exactly what he did when he ripped the blight out of Greg, only on a larger scale, less painful, and doing it while looking like a messiah.

24. - Top - End - #1464

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    So basically, he's doing exactly what he did when he ripped the blight out of Greg, only on a larger scale, less painful, and doing it while looking like a messiahBurn victim.
    Pretty much, yeah.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

Notice how naked Jacob is the only man on this page?

No, I don't know exactly what that means, but it is interesting that Mookie went with the "giant powerful man standing over women" thing again.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

26. - Top - End - #1466

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Notice how naked Jacob is the only man on this page?

No, I don't know exactly what that means, but it is interesting that Mookie went with the "giant powerful man standing over women" thing again.
    You mean that character on the far right holding the black-haired girl is female?
    and right beside them, the pony-tailed girl is holding a short-haired blond, is that female as well? I thought they were male.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

It's like Mookie is trying to be symbolic, but he doesn't actually know what symbolism is.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    You mean that character on the far right holding the black-haired girl is female?
    and right beside them, the pony-tailed girl is holding a short-haired blond, is that female as well? I thought they were male.
    OK, maybe my "boob count" was off -- some of those might just be men leaning forward.

Still, lots of ladies in this shot, wouldn't you say?
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

29. - Top - End - #1469

Yeah, the "symbolism" in this page was pretty poorly done. It looks more like Jacob is making blight rain down on them instead of removing it from them.

30. - Top - End - #1470

Just noticed Jacob has no dong. I'm assuming the blight whithered away that part of his anatomy along with his hair. Well, he did want balance, and now he's neither male or female. POETIC!