New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVII: A Flat World From Recycled Scrap

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    Just noticed Jacob has no dong. I'm assuming the blight whithered away that part of his anatomy along with his hair. Well, he did want balance, and now he's neither male or female. POETIC!
    No, he just remembered to put on his blight-resistant cup (notice the strings around his thighs)

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    No, he just remembered to put on his blight-resistant cup (notice the strings around his thighs)
    Looks more like spandex to me. Either way, ugh... that's something I won't unsee anytime soon.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Weren't they inside before? I may be wrong.

... but now, on that grassy but featureless plain...

Come ye my children! I will lead thee to the Promised Land of Maltak where ye will grow sharp teeth to eat vegan prey with!

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter
    Notice how naked Jacob is the only man on this page?

No, I don't know exactly what that means, but it is interesting that Mookie went with the "giant powerful man standing over women" thing again.
    How dare you. Mookie is an enlightened free-thinking liberal who likes Joss Whedon and thinks sexism is bad.

Hey, wait a minute. It looks almost like he used a ruler. Most surprised I've been at this comic for months. He should have saved this for Friday.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Analysis View Post
    Weren't they inside before? I may be wrong.

... but now, on that grassy but featureless plain...

Come ye my children! I will lead thee to the Promised Land of Maltak where ye will grow sharp teeth to eat vegan prey with!
    I think the cathedral was pretty well ruined in the attack. So they were stuck outdoors trying to treat each others blight infested husks. Hmmm, so jacob at the same time accelerated the blight taking them all over, then removed it so he could pull his representative of god messiah pose for them all to gawk at? Makes sense.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

I'd comment on the inept attempt at symbolism, but all I can see here is the grevious sin against perspective.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I think the cathedral was pretty well ruined in the attack. So they were stuck outdoors trying to treat each others blight infested husks..
    What, this Cathedral? With an intact roof that Jacob was standing upon and now suddenly he isn't because it and all the surrounding buildings have vanished entirely?
    Last edited by Wraith; 2013-01-22 at 06:56 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

8. - Top - End - #1478

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    What, this Cathedral? With an intact roof that Jacob was standing upon and now suddenly he isn't because it and all the surrounding buildings have vanished entirely?
    No, Barthis didnt have arbethast cathedral or whatever its called. Barthis is a town that has been destroyed more times than mookies abilities as an artist. Somehow jacob beat up the blight bomb while at barthis, and is now at the cathedral area where everyone was blighted, got the blight super sped up, and now suddenly its not there anymore.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #1479

Griffon

Ah, I did briefly wonder if I had mixed up the two locations. So Mookie didn't forget that Aberthast Cathedral had been destroyed, he just forgot which city Jacob was currently residing in?

Well, that's alright then.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I'd comment on the inept attempt at symbolism, but all I can see here is the grevious sin against perspective.
    www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2007-01-16

I had to go past the "leg of love" strip to find this. I hope you're happy.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, I did briefly wonder if I had mixed up the two locations. So Mookie didn't forget that Aberthast Cathedral had been destroyed, he just forgot which city Jacob was currently residing in?

Well, that's alright then.
    IIRC, after the destruction of the Cathedral, Barthis took in all of the survivors because it's the only town in existence.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

12. - Top - End - #1482

Don't be silly. The Cathedral is the house of God, and God is everyone, so everyone's house is Aberthast Cathedral, and therefore anyone on the Cathedral grounds is simultaneously in every city on the planet at the same time. QED
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

13. - Top - End - #1483

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Don't be silly. The Cathedral is the house of God, and God is everyone, so everyone's house is Aberthast Cathedral, and therefore anyone on the Cathedral grounds is simultaneously in every city on the planet at the same time. QED
    So when objectors to the Dominus' rule are "sent to Aberthast Cathedral", that's a euphemism for them being sliced into itty-bitty chunks and posted to every home in the country as an example to others?

That's..... not as surprising as it should be.

14. - Top - End - #1484

So when objectors to the Dominus' rule are "sent to Aberthast Cathedral", that's a euphemism for them being sliced into itty-bitty chunks and posted to every home in the country as an example to others?

That's..... not as surprising as it should be.
    It makes for the perfect escape proof prison though. So long as the cathedral exists, (destroyed doesnt remove it from existence) you cannot escape it because you are everywhere with it.

15. - Top - End - #1485

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    How dare you. Mookie is an enlightened free-thinking liberal who likes Joss Whedon and thinks sexism is bad.
    Ugh, I hate seeing Whedon mentioned so often alongside feminism/anti-sexism.

16. - Top - End - #1486

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobikus View Post
    Although he's an apt descriptor on Mookie's view about what makes a female character strong.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Troll in the Playground

I'll have you know that nobody has done more for the empowerment of waifus everywhere than Mr. Whedon.

18. - Top - End - #1488

Future link is now present link! Maltak's interference has rendered time meaningless!

"So, it turns out I'm the God of Blight now, which also makes me the God of White Magic, since they're the same thing. Oh, and everyone's still dying, by the way. Wish there was something I could do about that. Oh, well. You have fun trying to fix everyone without magic. I'll be over here, doing... god things."
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bobikus View Post
    Maybe Jacob's forgiveness would be a powerful moment if I actually cared about Greg. I don't. Greg is one of the worst fictional characters ever created. I don't like him. Jacob is slightly better but in no way a good or even tolerable character.

Maybe if he had killed Greg after saying that, as a final apology to the monster he helped to create.

Oh and the King is an idiot. I couldn't imagine a more generic villain.

Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVIII: See better, Dave
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2013-01-23 at 08:38 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1490

The ONLY thing that kept me from insanity was that jacob removing the blight DIDNT super heal everyone. I think that would have been too much for me to contain my vomit properly. Now I find myself thinking, "Ok, so necromancy and white magic are opposite sides of the same coin, no fricking duh. What does that mean for the blight?" Im thinking now jacob is going on a pilgrimage to locate and remove blight from the world, as it is a sign of the imbalance between white and necro magic. Possibly he will show up at the grand finale fight and use his ability to utterly control blight to overwhelm the walking fortress and bust down the kings defenses.

"Here, I have something of yours I wanted to return your majesty."

"BLARGBLORGHRAUUFNOOOOOOO!"

Maybe Jacob's forgiveness would be a powerful moment if I actually cared about Greg. I don't. Greg is one of the worst fictional characters ever created. I don't like him. Jacob is slightly better but in no way a good or even tolerable character.

Maybe if he had killed Greg after saying that, as a final apology to the monster he helped to create.

Oh and the King is an idiot. I couldn't imagine a more generic villain.

Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVIII: See better, Dave

Yeah sorry about that greg, here, let me undo that act. /infects him with blight again "Toodles!" /vanishes

Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVIII: Who's Winning?

Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVIII: We Had A Main Character, Right?
    Last edited by Traab; 2013-01-23 at 08:45 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1491

Griffon

Panel 5: The swirls of dark magic make it look like Jacob has two 'arrows' leading to his text box, one black and one white. I think, had it been intentional and continued throughout the scene, it would have been a nice visual representation of Jacob speaking 'with two voices' and representing his new status of Champion of Balance God of White Magic.

Alas.

Otherwise, where do we think Jacob is off to now? In a sane world he'd reappear in Rilian's torture chamber, since along with him and the presence of the Infernomancer there is no where else in the world with a greater unbalance of White Magic and Necromancy, and he'd deal with it.

And yet, I strongly suspect that we'll now never see him again until the finale of the comic. Goodbye Jacob; at least your character is not as horribly mangled now, as it were a year ago. No one else here can say that about themselves....

22. - Top - End - #1492

Panel 5: The swirls of dark magic make it look like Jacob has two 'arrows' leading to his text box, one black and one white. I think, had it been intentional and continued throughout the scene, it would have been a nice visual representation of Jacob speaking 'with two voices' and representing his new status of Champion of Balance God of White Magic.

Alas.

Otherwise, where do we think Jacob is off to now? In a sane world he'd reappear in Rilian's torture chamber, since along with him and the presence of the Infernomancer there is no where else in the world with a greater unbalance of White Magic and Necromancy, and he'd deal with it.

And yet, I strongly suspect that we'll now never see him again until the finale of the comic. Goodbye Jacob; at least your character is not as horribly mangled now, as it were a year ago. No one else here can say that about themselves....
    He is not a god of white magic, he is a god of necromancy. He just has discovered the frigging obvious truth that necromancy and white magic are opposite sides of the same coin. I cant believe mookie tried to make something that blatantly obvious into some big reveal.

23. - Top - End - #1493

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    He is not a god of white magic, he is a god of necromancy. He just has discovered the frigging obvious truth that necromancy and white magic are opposite sides of the same coin. I cant believe mookie tried to make something that blatantly obvious into some big reveal.
    Actually the idea that white magic and necromancy are opposites makes no sense to me at all.

White magic = healing
    Necromancy = making zombies

I'd think the opposite of white magic would be magic that hurts people or kills them, not magic that makes zombies.

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Actually the idea that white magic and necromancy are opposites makes no sense to me at all.

White magic = healing

I'd think the opposite of white magic would be magic that hurts people or kills them, not magic that makes zombies.
    Dude. Death is not zombies.
    Truth resists simplicity.

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Ogre in the Playground

White magic = healing

I think they're supposed to be 'twins' not opposites? They're both protect against death and illness: white magic by making you healthy and necromancy by filling you with undead juice and preventing you from becoming overweight (the original purpose?)

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Troll in the Playground

White magic = healing

I'm going to once again take the rare step of being the devil's advocate.

White Magic adds Life to Life, which turbocharges it.
    Necromancy adds Life to Death, animating the dead and creating hungry dead things.

This usually kills people because having Anti-Life trying to animate you while you're still alive is not healthy.

Getting from there to Messiah Jacob is more than even my devil's advocation can manage, though.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

27. - Top - End - #1497

White magic = healing

White magic is life, necromancy is death.

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Troll in the Playground

It does read like Mookie was just reading the wikipedia page for Yin Yang. It'd be nice if he could explain what necromancy is exactly. We already know what it's not.

I guess white magic is supposed to manipulate the body while necromancy manipulates the soul/life force? Surely alterism/ecomagic counts as 'life' magic also.

Have we seen a negative use of white magic? Disregarding Greg's accidental jock buff and Dominic's scheming.

Oh forget it, it's not worth going through. There is no system, no real division, just the ability to do anything if it's "funny" or "cool" or if you're a self-insert.

All it means is that Mookie had a bout of spontaneous inspiration while watching Avatar.

Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVIII: Mighty Whitey Magic Blighty

29. - Top - End - #1499

Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVIII: Mighty Whitey Magic Blighty
    I vote for this.

30. - Top - End - #1500
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    I vote for this.
    Seconding.