New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: SCP - Containment Breach

To be pendantic, the amnesiacs are administered 1/week, because the treatment is at its most effective after 3-4 days, the anticipation of what's coming balanced against the familiarity.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    To be pendantic, the amnesiacs are administered 1/week, because the treatment is at its most effective after 3-4 days, the anticipation of what's coming balanced against the familiarity.
    Isn't that what I said?

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Isn't that what I said?
    You said they administer the amnesiacs every 4 days. The 4th day is when the effectiveness peaks, and by day 7, it's deteriorated to where they reset the cycle. Hence why I said I was just being pedantic.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-10-22 at 07:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As far as the game's concerned, i played it back when it was first 'released' to the public and i enjoyed it, but it was kind of a buggy mess with SCP-173 glitching through everything and killing you. After updating it, i'm glad that's been (mostly) fixed, but now it seems like SCP-106's Pocket Dimension and transportation to, from, and through is the buggy mess.

I had a very good run. The first several rooms on the map was an office with a level-2 keycard and the S-nav, a few empty corridors, SCP-914's Containment cell, SCP-895 Containment Cell, and SCP-372's Containment Cell.

so i have the Omni-Keycard, the S-Nav Ultimate, 4 Batteries, a kick-ass Gas mask, and a lizard-y friend stalking my peripherals .

Unfortunately this entire section is completely isolated from the rest of the facility and as far as i know the only way to the rest of the facility is to let SCP-106 take me into his pocket dimension(via his appearance in 895's Cell) and hopefully have him drop me off in another part of the facility. The problem is that i keep falling through the world and dying either when i enter the pocket dimension, leave it, or sometime in between.

I'm tempted to start over and assume that it's a buggy seed, but i'm having a hard time letting go of all of that completely free, low-risk, awesome stuff.
    Last edited by Leecros; 2012-10-22 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

IMO, the best SCPs are the ones marked "safe", due to the large amount of black humor that commonly results from them.

SCP-999 for example, gave SCP-682 the ability to launch a stunning wave of happiness, which proceeded to slaughter the Deltas loberally while 999 tried to sve as many as it could.

Then there's the time 173 was put in the same room as 682. The end result is the closest SCP-682 has ever come to dying.

Then there's SCP-610. That one needs to be read. I really can't do it any justice.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

6. - Top - End - #36

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I reckon they're forcing her to listen to them read FATAL to her. In it's entirity.

That'd even explain the need for sexual deviants to do it...! (Marginally less likely to go bonkers.)

Actually, the more I think about that, the more horrible, horrible sense that makes.
    ...you [Redacted]! Now I can't think of it any other way!
    It makes so much sense :<

That site is waay worse than TV Tropes. Someone on these forums once linked to it, and foolishly I wondered what they were on about and clicked it - and lost twelve hours.

Twelve frag-damn hours.

Tried to avoid it since...!

It's practically a keter-level SCP all itself...
    Quote Originally Posted by Makensha View Post
    My favorite has to be SCP-001. Terrifying.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a hidden link in SCP 001. The "Proposed articles" are a cover. SCP 001 IS THE SITE. There is a memetic kill agent designed to target everyone who'se had contact with the site in case of containment breach. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Acanous; 2012-10-24 at 10:50 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Once the protocol has been fulfilled on SCP-213, some Deltas hae tried to prolong the process.

Let it sink in.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

SCP-826 seems kind of wasted, though I suppose it would have to be. Used correctly, that thing could probably safely eliminate half of the other SCPs by itself, including 213.
    Last edited by Jothki; 2012-10-25 at 01:31 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

I really liked the experiments they did with SCP-50.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous;14108662[spoiler
    There's a hidden link in SCP 001. The "Proposed articles" are a cover. SCP 001 IS THE SITE. There is a memetic kill agent designed to target everyone who'se had contact with the site in case of containment breach. Enjoy.[/spoiler]
    Where is it?

11. - Top - End - #41

Where is it?
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about Swann's proposal: The Database. Not very well hidden at all, really, it's just one idea of several.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

Where is it?
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/sandrewswann-s-proposal

Note that this pretty much destroys the fourth wall, so read at own risk.
    Also known as Jarbis

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

I reckon they're forcing her to listen to them read FATAL to her. In it's entirity.

That'd even explain the need for sexual deviants to do it...! (Marginally less likely to go bonkers.)

Actually, the more I think about that, the more horrible, horrible sense that makes.
    ... worse, they're forcing her to play it. With sexual deviants as the DM and other PCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    ... worse, they're forcing her to play it. With sexual deviants as the DM and other PCs.
    Oh gods. And the campain is set in a twilight fanfic.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I forget which number the Endless Staircase was, but that one is totally my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Oh gods. And the campain is set in a twilight fanfic.
    So they're RPing in the 50 shades of gray world then.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Well, that would presume one could actually play FATAL...

As the most amazing thing about FATAL is that beneath all the rampant misogyny and "humour" I wouldn't insult childen by calling "childish" and all the rape-cheerleading, under all that is a nearly completely unworkable and incoherent game system... I think trying to play that is probably a task rather beyond the qualications of the average SCP disposable agents; you'd need a DM with at least some idea what he's doing generally and anyone that is that unhinged enough to be willing to try probably ought to be another SCP themselves...!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I forget which number the Endless Staircase was, but that one is totally my favorite.
    SCP-086, IIRC.

EDIT: Nope, 086 is a bunch of office supplies that have the consciousness of a former Doctor working at the Foundation. He died on the same day it was created.

EDIT 2: Haha, I was one off. It's SCP-087
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-10-25 at 07:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

I am thoroughly convinced that SCP-1008 needs to be re-classified as Euclid. If just being in it's presence is enough to cause it's effects, and it eventually results in death, with no exceptions, that's pretty dangerous. Seems like a pretty horrid way to die as well, worse then many Euclid and even Keter class SCPs.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I am thoroughly convinced that SCP-1008 needs to be re-classified as Euclid. If just being in it's presence is enough to cause it's effects, and it eventually results in death, with no exceptions, that's pretty dangerous. Seems like a pretty horrid way to die as well, worse then many Euclid and even Keter class SCPs.
    Safe just means that they have figured out how to keep it from doing any harm. In the case of 1008, simply storing it and stopping access to it is enough to keep it from harming people.

Euclid is a designation for items and things that either A) the Foundation isn't sure what its full effects are or B) can be good or bad. It is a "wild card" designation.
    Also known as Jarbis

21. - Top - End - #51

Indeed....many things classified as 'Safe' are in fact horribly dangerous and deadly - but it is very, very easy to keep them from being in a position to actually cause that harm. From the Object Classes:

The designation "Safe" is assigned to subjects or objects that may be effectively and reliably contained. Safe designates may have individual containment procedures, but these procedures are not expected to fail frequently, or be subject to later revision as more information is obtained about a subject.

Some Safe designates are human, humanoid, and/or sentient. To prevent injury and/or death to personnel and SCPs, interaction with such designates should be professional and courteous, taking into account special containment procedures.

It should be noted that Safe does not indicate that the containment procedures are unnecessary. Many Safe designated objects can be quite dangerous in the right contexts. The important distinction that defines a Safe object is that it can be handled safely with appropriate containment procedures. An example of a Safe object would be a gun, a nuclear weapon, or polonium.
    In the case of -1008, they know what it does, even if they don't know why or how - but it is predictable and consistent, and easy to keep contained. Thus, Safe.

An SCP object is classified as Euclid when its behavior cannot be unerringly predicted, either because the item is sentient, it behaves outside of current scientific knowledge, or its nature is simply poorly understood at present. Euclid-class objects do not pose the same existential threat to humanity due to containment breach that Keter-class objects do, but they still generally require more diligence to keep contained than Safe-class objects.

Although many Euclid-class objects could be used for the benefit of the Foundation or of humanity, they may have unforeseen ramifications after their use due to their unpredictable nature. Some Euclid-class SCPs are eventually understood well enough to be reclassified as Safe, but most remain inscrutable even to the most rigorous of experimentation.
    The designation "Keter" is assigned to subjects that both (a) display vigorous, active hostility to human life, civilization, and/or spacetime, and (b) are capable of causing significant destruction in the event of a containment breach. Such subjects must be cataloged, contained according to special containment procedures, and destroyed, if possible.

Merely being inimical to human life is not in itself cause for classification as a Keter-level object. A Keter classification indicates that not only is this subject capable of inflicting devastating harm to human life and civilization, but that containment protocols must be extensive, involved, and precisely followed in order to prevent it from doing so. Research into the neutralization of Keter-class SCPs is always a top priority for the Foundation.

Cases where Keter-class objects that can be neutralized by Foundation personnel persist in Foundation custody are rare, and are grouped into three main categories. In addition to cases where destruction of the object continues to be unfeasible due to apparent invulnerability or similar circumstance, there are some Keter-class objects with significant tactical value for the Foundation, as well as Keter-class objects that threaten more harm to humanity from their neutralization than from their continued existence.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-10-26 at 09:49 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Probably the most horrific (Psychologically) is the painting that kills your inner child.

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Probably the most horrific (Psychologically) is the painting that kills your inner child.
    Come on, sir. You gotta give a number

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

SCP-1379

And of course the painting is a clown.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Banned

http://www.scp-wiki.net/black-white-...te-black-white

That was amazing; I get what some lines reference, does anyone get all of them?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/black-white-...te-black-white

That was amazing; I get what some lines reference, does anyone get all of them?
    173, 231 (Specifically, a reference to a story relating to 231), 008, Can't remember the number for the factory, 209
    Last edited by Aidan305; 2012-10-26 at 01:40 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Among my favourites is SCP-1057. I don't think it's very popular at all, but it amuses me quite a lot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Panic means that the idea of a shark can be more dangerous than an actual shark."

Also SCP-1231.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The one where a a computer, containing at first a single scene featuring a family, produces automatically iterations according to how someone interprets the scene they view. The first instance is extremely benign, but its misunderstanding of it by the very first viewer produces a horrific iteration. Because of that, tons of scenes are produced. And of course, it's implied each iteration of the family is conscious and forced to live each iteration.

And of course, its cousin, 1733 and its spinoff tale "We interrupt this program".
    Spoiler
    Show
    Groundhog day loops taken to their logical extremes. In fact, I do prefer the tale to the original SCP.

So, in short, while I like many SCPs, the ones that interest me most are those where the supernatural element is only a detail that enables human nature to exhibit its worse traits. I'm a sucker for the kind of horror that actually exists in some way in real life.

SCP-1057 would work much better in a game than the other two I mentioned, admittedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

I really like the one vending machine (SCP-289 I think?); but mostly because reading the experiment logs with all the snacks they came up was amusing. I like SCP-50 for the same reason, reading all the pranks was fun.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-10-26 at 04:11 PM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

OldWizardGuy

There's a few SCP's I wouldn't mind encountering. I mean, the vending machine, the coffee maker, the furniture recovered from a cardinal that hosts a lawyer demon. (What? I wasn't going to MAKE any deals, I just want to know what it'd offer, and what it would want to take.)
    There's even a couple "Icky" SCPs that wouldn't be too bad if they got out. (IE, we could deal with them normally, with little to no loss of life) The Hair Worms spring to mind. Sure, they're gross, but they don't actually cause any damage to the host. MUCH better than most other SCPs.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

My preferred SCP is 55, which no-one can ever remember.

All we know is that it's not spherical.