New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Nothing a perfectly oversized deep penetration shell won't take care of. Me and little brother tend to joke about him being quite similar to Hitler in that he's almost magnetically attracted to anything oversized (and especially in regards to weaponry). And not only does he build his own cannons, he's even heading into the field of rocketry now. If we would combine our forces, we could build the best rocket with the best targeting software, and the electronics would be so riddiculously unstable that you'd tape a gremlin to it to add reliability.
    Nothing a sufficiently big laser won't be able to handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    That doesn't include humans, does it?
    It does, not in the traditional cannibalistic sense but at least taste a healthy human brain nicely grilled or something.
    They eat paper (for some reason, they prefer post-its. We've considered spreading those around as sacrifical anodes just to keep the silverfish off our books), and flood your house, and trust me, that last line is as wrong as wrong gets even when your house spouts spiders the size of your average wristwatch.
    Never had an infestation, last time there were hints of them I simply had a entomology bent friend release his little ones on it and watched the wonderful ballet of nature.
    That would be... most insects, but not all. You still like some insects.
    I meant in terms of species. In terms of species I DO like, it's mainly some reptiles, arthropods and crustaceans, three or four birds, one or two fishes. Mammals I mainly see as food, or eventual oil sources.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    I meant in terms of species. In terms of species I DO like, it's mainly some reptiles, arthropods and crustaceans, three or four birds, one or two fishes. Mammals I mainly see as food, or eventual oil sources.
    Chickens are both delicious, and if you get the right breed, incredibly fuzzy and adorable.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    Chickens are both delicious, and if you get the right breed, incredibly fuzzy and adorable.
    Chickens are delicious, they are amusing to see running headless and have interesting reactions to being galvanized.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ettin in the Playground

It does, not in the traditional cannibalistic sense but at least taste a healthy human brain nicely grilled or something..
    (That really depends on what you mean by "traditional cannibalistic". There were groups of people that ate their defeated enemies, and groups of people that ate their own dead, and quite possibly groups that did both.)

I imagine that would taste fairly good. As for the rest of the human muscle tissue, I would imagine it as a rather tough pork or ham. Granted, it would probably taste like chicken, because everything tastes like chicken.
    A few odds and ends.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ettin in the Playground

(That really depends on what you mean by "traditional cannibalistic". There were groups of people that ate their defeated enemies, and groups of people that ate their own dead, and quite possibly groups that did both.)

I imagine that would taste fairly good. As for the rest of the human muscle tissue, I would imagine it as a rather tough pork or ham. Granted, it would probably taste like chicken, because everything tastes like chicken.
    Not in either sense, just clean bodiless organs grilled or something if for identifying the taste and having the experience.

And not everything tastes like chicken, most mammals don't actually. Just try either the most infamous Korean or the most infamous Chinese delicatessen to see that.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ettin in the Playground

And not everything tastes like chicken, most mammals don't actually. Just try either the most infamous Korean or the most infamous Chinese delicatessen to see that.
    Gah, I meant that line as a joke; I ought to have been more clear.

ION: Listening to my friends complain about physics is funny.
    A few odds and ends.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ettin in the Playground

Gah, I meant that line as a joke; I ought to have been more clear.

ION: Listening to my friends complain about physics is funny.
    Penguins however DO taste like chicken... by virtue of also being avian.

Are they complaining about the subject, the topic or the actual laws?

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

I was actually under the impression that penguins taste like very tough seal, because of the particularly oily nature of their anatomy.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

The subject. Some of them are having a rather hard time with what I find a ridiculously easy class. A handful of people agree with me, but a solid half of the class finds calculating friction to be a fairly difficult challenge.
    A few odds and ends.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    I was actually under the impression that penguins taste like very tough seal, because of the particularly oily nature of their anatomy.
    Odd, others have claimed it to be akin to duck or cod fish or muttonfish, but never seal. Which leads me to wonder what seal taste like and where one could legally acquire an edible amount of it...
    The subject. Some of them are having a rather hard time with what I find a ridiculously easy class. A handful of people agree with me, but a solid half of the class finds calculating friction to be a fairly difficult challenge.
    Whilst it IS easy, ridiculously bad teachers and idiotic teaching methods lead it to be one of the most hated subjects, crammed with formulas for memorization and "tricky" theory problems.

I hated physics in High School due to bad teachers and idiotic teaching procedures. University physics was much better and got me to like Classical Mechanics again.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-01 at 08:53 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Colossus in the Playground

Nah, you'd have to squish them to do that. With most bugs, you'd just hit their chitin (for the ones that have it) or their exoskeleton. Or I've gotten my terms mixed up here (as the last time I took any sort of bio class was sophomore year in high school), and both of those mean the same thing (or something completely different entirely).
    I personally believe that natural armor is still flesh, and thus counts as bug flesh.

Either way, I get the jibblies just thinking about touching a bug.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Odd, others have claimed it to be akin to duck or cod fish or muttonfish, but never seal. Which leads me to wonder what seal taste like and where one could legally acquire an edible amount of it...
    Seals are legal in Canada, just rare when you're not ooop north. I've been told they're delicious. Never had it myself.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Seals are legal in Canada, just rare when you're not ooop north. I've been told they're delicious. Never had it myself.
    TO THE NORTHERN REACHES AND THE WALL!

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ettin in the Playground

You could probably get it in Russia, or barring that, China.

Also, I wonder what cuttlefish tastes like. Those are some visually stunning creatures (if not particularly attractive), although they probably just taste like squid or octopus.
    A few odds and ends.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Troll in the Playground

Eat? Animal? DUDE! Cows and pigsand chickens and such were invented for a reason!
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

16. - Top - End - #1126

Nononono, China and Russia are the places you go to buy things that you can't get in any respectable Western country...

Something harmless like seal (despite the controversy in Europe) is much safer here, closer to the source, and probably more environmentally and ethically friendly than anything you can get in the Black-Market-Countries.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ettin in the Playground

Nononono, China and Russia are the places you go to buy things that you can't get in any respectable Western country...

Something harmless like seal (despite the controversy in Europe) is much safer here, closer to the source, and probably more environmentally and ethically friendly than anything you can get in the Black-Market-Countries.
    Oh, I missed your earlier post there. I just assumed you couldn't get seal legally on this continent (which may have been a little silly to do), although that may be an American thing (heck, it probably isn't illegal here).
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-01 at 09:04 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You can get anything in any respectable Western country if you look hard enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ettin in the Playground

You could probably get it in Russia, or barring that, China.

Also, I wonder what cuttlefish tastes like. Those are some visually stunning creatures (if not particularly attractive), although they probably just taste like squid or octopus.
    Hmmm, Moscow...

There is a need for a television show about eating exotic animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Eat? Animal? DUDE! Cows and pigsand chickens and such were invented for a reason!
    That's for normal people.

Hey, Russia a respectable western country, they spent the last 200 years getting their aristocrats to look the part.

To Winterfell it is then.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-01 at 09:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hey, Russia a respectable western country, they spent the last 200 years getting their aristocrats to look the part.
    Peter the Great forcing the Boyars didn't make them look respectable, it made them look like sissies! (OK, yeah, not 200 years ago. Whatever. )

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Peter the Great forcing the Boyars didn't make them look respectable, it made them look like sissies! (OK, yeah, not 200 years ago. Whatever. )
    You forget I live in the XVIII century.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You forget I live in the XVIII century.
    Oh woops. You're right, I did. Good job inventing the internet BTW.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Oh woops. You're right, I did. Good job inventing the internet BTW.
    I send letters to a man in a summer retreat who lives three centuries in the future who in turn posts them.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-01 at 09:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1134

Thumbs up Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

MoonCat feels sick and blergh.

MoonCat locks self in darkened room with Requiem and fantasizes about getting her fingers chopped off.

I'm not sure why, but it appears to be helping the general effort.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post

MoonCat locks self in darkened room with Requiem and fantasizes about getting her fingers chopped off.

Jeez, it's been a rough week for you, hasn't it? *hugs*

What's Requiem? I..presume it's a song from Black Butler?

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ettin in the Playground

Sympathies though the second line is something I'd do out of happiness.

May I recommend Nutella?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Most likely Mozart's
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-01 at 09:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ettin in the Playground

May I recommend Nutella?
    Most likely Mozart's
    It'd be less likely if it was Ligeti's, which reminds me of what I wanted to listen to next.
    A few odds and ends.

28. - Top - End - #1138

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Jeez, it's been a rough week for you, hasn't it? *hugs*

Nah, it actually got a lot better, I was just so busy I didn't tell y'all. I just woke up with a really bad sore throat and OD'd on candy today.

PHILISTINE!

May I recommend Nutella?
    Most likely Mozart's
    Yeah, I'm doing it to cheer me up. For some reason, I really enjoy thinking about terrible permanent injures happening to me. And the music is just gorgeous.

Oh, gods, no, so much candy. Also, swallowing makes me want to die right now.
    Yes.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ettin in the Playground

It'd be less likely if it was Ligeti's, which reminds me of what I wanted to listen to next.
    The unlabelled one is usually Mozart's though, much like the Adagio is always Barbieri's.
    Yeah, I'm doing it to cheer me up. For some reason, I really enjoy thinking about terrible permanent injures happening to me. And the music is just gorgeous.
    Fingers are to some degree re-attachable though...
    Oh, gods, no, so much candy. Also, swallowing makes me want to die right now.
    Nutella is also a paste more than a solid (or really a colloid) and I'd recommend liquified nutella then, nothing like microwaving a dose of it for easy ingestion.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-01 at 09:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1140

Fingers are to some degree re-attachable though...
    Nutella is also a paste more than a solid (or really a colloid) and I'd recommend liquified nutella then, nothing like microwaving a dose of it for easy ingestion.
    Yeah, I considered that.
    Completely missing the point. I think I'd go insane or more likely vomit if I forced any more sugar on myself.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show