New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 84: Goblins and catgirls and dryads, oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Salix's Sapling]

"Oh right." Salix drops the rest of the snow in her hands. That's probably high enough then. "Trees need sun to eat. It's like you need to eat food, trees and other plants need the sun to shine on their leaves." She explains for Brinika.
    Brinika struggles with the concept. Even though she's spent a lot of time on the surface, she still grew up underground and plants still confuse her.
    "But there's noting in the sunshine to eat."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Orc in the Playground

Balsa Cabin

"Don't worry, I've washed her all up and the body'd been there too long to smell." Hasn't Justin used weapons used by others to kill, or taken from alongside corpses? Fresher corpses, too, if he's anything like my Courier.

((Church Hill Church is in Outside. I'll go post.))
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Rowan Cabin - Thanksmas Morning]

Scylla, if she detects frustration from her sister, will go over to help with the casing.

I was mostly just worried what Kate thought of this, actually. Anything else come with it?
    Rowan Cabin - Thanksmas Morning

Prism isn't frustrated, but will happily scootch over a bit to let Scylla help her because it'll go faster that way.

She was mortified of course, but when I asked she said it was fine if I gave it to the twins since it was the only one on the shelf. There was a trashy romance novel that came with it, which is what I replaced with the chocolate bars. Eris had best not quit her day job as a chaos goddess, because her prose could definitely use work. Indicating that Eris is the one responsible for the book apparently.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin - Thanksmas Morn]

Eric smiles in amusement. Kate was always such an interesting individual - determined to hold onto normalcy, even when everything around her was spinning in the opposite direction. She was more Julie's friend than his, but he enjoyed her company all the same. Kate just had that sort of pleasant vibe about her. Maybe I should read that thing. It'll be fun to tease the poor girl.

After a moment, Scylla will undo the case and say, "When we're done with presents, wanna play with these? We can have epic battles!"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #1295

She'd probably burst into flames just from the blush if she knew what was in that book. Besides, I hid it from everyone for her sake, not just to keep the kids out of it. Julie replies with a mental smirk. Meanwhile, Prism nods excitedly at her sister before inspecting the remarkably detailed Kate figurine. Both figures, despite being plastic and seamless, are fully poseable in any fashion you'd like. They only seem to flex when they're in the kids' hands, and otherwise they act like hard plastic.

"Speaking of presents, we're down to the last few it seems if you'd like to start on them so we can get to breakfast." There's a big one for Scylla, toy medium-sized ones that are about the same size, two joint ones, and two smallish ones for Prism left.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

Julie may catch sight of something in the tree - a rather small present that Eric just intentionally rustled the branch it was sitting on with some minor application of telekinesis. The box is too large to be obvious though.

Scylla, of course, will always go after the big present first. She'll tear into it greedily, wanting to find out what's inside.

7. - Top - End - #1297

Julie notices the subtle gesture (subtle for Eric anyway) and raise an eyebrow as if to say "Really?"

Scylla's big present is a piano! It's a very small one, fit for a child to learn how to play the ivories before their arms are long enough to reach all the keys on a bigger one.

Prism seems distracted by her Kate toy, but she lifts up one of the smaller gifts and unwraps it to find a sketch pad and professional artist's pencil set that she stares at while fiddling with Kate's heroic pose.

"I like it. It's nice. Like your piano too Scyllie." She says quietly.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

And that, dear readers, is when Scylla lost all interest in her other presents, and even food. A piano! A piano! Apianoapianoapiano!

She'll tear into the box, using far powers to make sure she doesn't damage the treasure inside. For truly, it was a treasure, worth it in all regards to protect and cherish. As soon as she has it out, she'll press her fingers across every key to get a sense for how it sounds before she begins playing a tune she'd heard from her father's music collection a few days prior. He'd given her the run of his collection, after all, and Scylla had listened to everything no less than four times already.

9. - Top - End - #1299

Julie grins unashamedly and kisses Eric on the cheek, whispering that he had an excellent idea there and he should be very proud of himself.

Prism simply puts down the Kate figure and begins waving her hands as soon as she hears the music. Lights fill the air around her and her sister, all the colors she sees naturally as the notes fill her ears becoming apparent. They swirl and twist, accompanying the song note for note.

Once the performance is complete Julie claps ecstatically, detaching from Eric so she can reach down and scoop Scylla up into her arms and give her darling little musician a big kiss before passing her off to Eric so she can do the same to the budding artiste.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

As Eric gives her a kiss, Scylla laughs, "I can do better!"

Eric laughs in turn, "You can do that when we've eaten. Finish unwrapping your presents. You can get back to the music when you've had something to much on."

Scylla nods. Now with something to look forward to, the other gifts don't seem to matter as much to her

11. - Top - End - #1301

Well they'd best get to them then. The two samey presents are revealed to be soft toys, and the game-shaped present that isn't from Kate to Eric is a Catamari game where you roll up Reinholdts into a giant ball.

Prism hesitates when she gets to her last single present, with one more paired gift besides it that Julie is looking at oddly. The succubus doesn't remember buying that one and it's addressed from Wolfy Claws, and it's not like the God doesn't exist, so she's just sort of taking it on faith that it's actually from him or Eric managed to slip it there without her noticing as he apparently did with the tree'd gift she's been ignoring for the time being.

Prism unwraps her small gift and sees a necklace with a purple stone in a clasp on the end. The stone radiates a strong sense of love to her, and family. She clutches it to her chest as tears start to well up in the corners of her eyes, not knowing what it is but loving it dearly.

Julie kneels down beside the little fargirl and explains, "I took a sample of each of our feelings of love for you and put it in that gem so you can feel us always no matter where you are. It's attuned to you, so not even another empath can feel it." This was Julie's special gift to Prism just like the Piano was Eric's special gift to Scylla.

"Now I wonder what this last one could be? Only Wolfy Claws knows until you two open it up."

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you drop this one off? Eric asks Julie covertly. He doesn't recognize it either.

Scylla will do her best to open the present, but presents from Wolfy Claws are special - she won't open it without Prism opening just as much of it as she did.

13. - Top - End - #1303

Did you drop this one off? Eric asks Julie covertly. He doesn't recognize it either.

Scylla will do her best to open the present, but presents from Wolfy Claws are special - she won't open it without Prism opening just as much of it as she did.

Nope, it's a bonafide Thanksmas miracle. Or did you not notice that the bacon cookies had actually been eaten? Julie replies, watching the two unwrap it carefully. Under the paper there's a little cube about the size of a fist, made of black rock and carved with deep red lines on the sides facing the girls. The lines are in the shape of a small runic wolf's paw, and when the girls' hands are laid on the cube itself they will glow and slither off the faces onto the back of the hand they touched it with. Prism's eyes go wide, she has no idea what happened but it feels tingly and the picture looks neat.

Julie looks a bit apprehensive, but she doesn't interfere. It certainly fit with the lupine god's motif... but she has no idea what it might have done.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

Scylla will immediately try to shake the mark off, not knowing what to do with it.

I... hadn't, actually. He'll reach down to the pair, "Come on girls. Let's have breakfast and you two can figure out what that did after." He'll bend down to pick them both up, before carrying them into the kitchen.

15. - Top - End - #1305

Scylla will immediately try to shake the mark off, not knowing what to do with it.

I... hadn't, actually. He'll reach down to the pair, "Come on girls. Let's have breakfast and you two can figure out what that did after." He'll bend down to pick them both up, before carrying them into the kitchen.
    Rowan Cabin - Thanksmas Morn

"Well, I think I've figured out what this thing does already." Julie says as she stares at the cube, picking it up and moving it around experimentally. A pair of arrowhead runes have taken the place of the wolf paws, one purple and the other white. Each is pointing to the corresponding twin and they slip around the surface of the cube as Julie moves it, "It's like a little compass, only it always points us to you two." She says, not conveying the relief she feels having something like this gives her. She could do something temporary herself, but this is a God's gift, so it would be much more reliable.

"That means this part is for mommy and daddy, and we'll have to see what those marks Wolfy gave you after I cook, like daddy said. I bet they're just as special."

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric will sit the twins down in their chairs, across from each other. He's gotten them used to normal sizes of chairs; high seats wouldn't do for people growing as quickly as they were, and if they were having trouble, far powers alleviated that quite easily.

"So, what's on the menu, mommy?" Scylla asks, using Eric's voice, which gets an amused look from him. And That look gets a giggle from her.

17. - Top - End - #1307

"Fried trout and hashbrowns for breakfast, and lots of it. There are pickles and beats from the Applehill's pantry if anyone wants some, and I have eggs in the fridge and a half pound of bacon I can fry if you don't want fish today." Julie replies, levitating the necessary pans and ingredients out from storage. It's quite easy for her to cook using her succubus affinity for heat and flame, and she rarely uses the stove unless she's feeling lazy. Much better to put on a show and make it interesting.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

Breakfast will pass uneventfully. After Scylla finishes her breakfast, she'll immediately go back to the piano and play a few other songs as a piano instrumental. Eventually though, Eric will tell them that grownup stuff has to be discussed, and that they should go and play with their new action figures. Scylla initially declines, but Eric reminds her she promised Prism some epic battles. That's something she seems eager to do, and will almost drag her sister to their room to play.

Once they're finally gone though, Eric will sit down on the couch, and motion for Julie to join him. Once she does, Eric will float the present from the tree over to Julie, a grin on his face.

19. - Top - End - #1309

Breakfast will pass uneventfully. After Scylla finishes her breakfast, she'll immediately go back to the piano and play a few other songs as a piano instrumental. Eventually though, Eric will tell them that grownup stuff has to be discussed, and that they should go and play with their new action figures. Scylla initially declines, but Eric reminds her she promised Prism some epic battles. That's something she seems eager to do, and will almost drag her sister to their room to play.

Once they're finally gone though, Eric will sit down on the couch, and motion for Julie to join him. Once she does, Eric will float the present from the tree over to Julie, a grin on his face.

Prism stumbles a bit on the way to the room, but she's just as excited in her own way to get started.

Julie matches her man's grin with a smirk, "I had a feeling this would be better if I left it for last. Do you think I was right?" She may have been wanting to amp up Eric's anticipation a bit as well, but that's just because she's mean.

She gets as close to him on the couch as physically possible, resting in the crook of his arm if she can. This had been the perfect Thanksmas morning so far, and it had made her feel all cuddly.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric will go even further, and pull Julie into his lap, "Go ahead, and open it. It's something that can only be given once, as far as I'm concerned."

21. - Top - End - #1311

Eric will go even further, and pull Julie into his lap, "Go ahead, and open it. It's something that can only be given once, as far as I'm concerned."

Julie hesitates at the implications of that statement, then decides to go ahead and unwrap the gift anyway. Waiting any longer would be pointless, and it's not like she can avoid whatever's waiting for her in the gift. This is why she asked Eric to just set aside funds instead of buying her something physical. Whenever it came time to open a gift she always got all apprehensive.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

Despite his eagerness, a little nervousness is showing through in Eric's Demeanor as Julie unwraps the gift. Largely because sdhe's getting apprehensive. Fun.

Inside, she'll find another box... which, if she opens it, will reveal this.

23. - Top - End - #1313

Julie breathes out slowly, letting herself slump backwards onto Eric's chest for a moment before speaking as she admires the ring.

"If you're implying what you seem to be with this Eric... I can't say I'm surprised, maybe a bit shocked though. All I want to ask is are you sure about this? Absolutely, positively, a hundred percent not an impulse decision sure?" She doesn't even say the words for fear of sounding silly.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric will wrap his arms around Julie's waist, "I'm never 100% sure about anything. But I love you more than anything, we have two beautiful daughters, and I can't stand to be apart from you for too long, and I'm pretty sure you're the same way. I love you Julie. Will you Marry Me?"

25. - Top - End - #1315

Eric will wrap his arms around Julie's waist, "I'm never 100% sure about anything. But I love you more than anything, we have two beautiful daughters, and I can't stand to be apart from you for too long, and I'm pretty sure you're the same way. I love you Julie. Will you Marry Me?"

"That's good enough for me. I will Eric, absolutely. I hope you don't expect me to make a big deal out of this, it's not much of a step beyond what we've already done in my mind. However, this ring is stunning, and I will definitely start making a big deal about it right the hell now." A burst of flame teleports Julie so she's facing the other way, stradling Eric instead of sitting in his lap. She plans on kissing him dizzy from now until she stops hearing playfighting going on in the kids' room.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric is surprised when Julie starts straddling him, but he just grins, "I'm, pretty ok with this."

He really hopes that play fighting will go on for a long, long time.
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-01-19 at 01:12 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    He nods slowly, looking over at her. Y-yes...w-we are f-friends...V-Vidalia... He just looks over at her as she moves, not quite understanding. Y-You d-do seem t- to care....w-why? Um... He stands up rigid and terrified as she sits by him, and places her legs across his lap. Y-Yes! F-Friends....I...y-yes...Why are y-you?
    Marty! she yelps in surprise, as her feet drop back to the floor. Vidalia then shakes her head as she stands and sits back on her bed facing him. I don't understand the question. Why am I your friend? Why would I want to be your friend? Or is it, Am I really your friend?

So I'll answer all three. Why not? I like being friendly with a lot of people. And, I think I am.
    she crosses her legs, and knits her fingers together over the top knee. Does that help?
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2013-01-19 at 02:07 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Maple Cabin]

"Well... that's good that you have an idea of what to do." Because Kitty certainly wasn't going to have any suggestions. She pauses awkwardly and shuffles her feet a bit. "Do you need any kind of help maybe?"
    [Maple Cabin]

"Do I need help? Yes. Do I need a specific kind of help? Probably from someone an expert in time and space manipulation. Are you offering help? I'll take what I can get." Reinholdt isn't sure how to read the question.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-01-19 at 09:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

"Well yeah, that's what I meant. I just don't know what I can do. I'm all ears, though." Kitty says.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

That didn't clarify which of those three she meant at all!

"I honestly don't know of anything you could do either, beyond maybe asking around." Reinholdt replies. But then he doesn't know too much about her in general. A bit, but not a ton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.