New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Please tell me you know that is not how DNA works...
    I'm not sure what you mean. For all we know that is enough to use the Edo Tensei.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. For all we know that is enough to use the Edo Tensei.
    "Naruto's blood, hair, anything could have been the DNA needed for Minato"? Okay, maybe Edo Tensei works less like cloning than I imagine but from what I gather that statement is as accurate as saying "You, your siblings and your parents have the same DNA".
    Last edited by Kato; 2013-02-05 at 02:37 AM.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #693
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Go read the new chapter or something. It's good.

Spoiler
    Show
    I really enjoy the hokages meeting each other

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

Okay... wow. Kishi, I'll give t to you, that was... interesting.

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, the Hokage's bickering was fun to watch (even though Sarutobi's argument with Oro should have happened first, then the bickering ("I'll sit here and let you ahve your fun before my despair about my useless sacrifice")

Didn't someone suggest the sharingan are in fact a mental illness a while ago? That's... that's pretty screwed up, as much sense as it makes. BUT why didn't it affect Itachi then? He had his Sharingan when he was a little boy. Was he just so awesome/sensible not to be controlled by his inherited brain disease?
    The bit with the police... meh. Okay, it's a clan society but because they had to be the police no Uchiha could live far away from the prison? Seems weak to me.

Well... apart from that it wasn't that spectacular but on the whole I find the reveal rather interesting.
    "What's done is done."

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

"Naruto's blood, hair, anything could have been the DNA needed for Minato"? Okay, maybe Edo Tensei works less like cloning than I imagine but from what I gather that statement is as accurate as saying "You, your siblings and your parents have the same DNA".
    Ah, yes if you take it literally it would be wrong, but I assumed Kato was talking somewhat liberally.
    Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Go read the new chapter or something. It's good.

Spoiler
    Show
    I really enjoy the hokages meeting each other
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, that actually was a good chapter. I'm looking forward to the next one now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't someone suggest the sharingan are in fact a mental illness a while ago? That's... that's pretty screwed up, as much sense as it makes. BUT why didn't it affect Itachi then? He had his Sharingan when he was a little boy. Was he just so awesome/sensible not to be controlled by his inherited brain disease?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say it affected him well enough.
    Last edited by Drolyt; 2013-02-05 at 04:27 AM.

6. - Top - End - #696

Daemon

Spoiler
    Show
    eh? I thought that it was Sarutobi who was called 'the god of shinobi'?

First hokage is funny, but the rest of the chapter?
    The power of Uchicha... the power of LOVE!
    it's official now, Madara is Sailor Moon

7. - Top - End - #697
    Colossus in the Playground

....this...this was...

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, there was the comedy with the first, which was great. But then...

...THE UCHIHA HAVE EMONESS AS A MEDICAL CONDITION. THIS...I can't tell if it's genius or not.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say it affected him well enough.
    Well, he did some eff-ed up stuff but he didn't succumb to hatred as all the others did... Or maybe I'm just liking him too much.

And Zodiac: I'm not well versed in the... sub culture(?) but isn't emoness more about denying any emotions where the Uchiha's problem seems to be
    Spoiler
    Show
    growing hateful by loving people
    ? I see the connection but it's still a bit of.
    "What's done is done."

9. - Top - End - #699

Well, he did some eff-ed up stuff but he didn't succumb to hatred as all the others did... Or maybe I'm just liking him too much.

And Zodiac: I'm not well versed in the... sub culture(?) but isn't emoness more about denying any emotions where the Uchiha's problem seems to be
    Spoiler
    Show
    The idea is that it's a joke, fair Kato

But, seriousmode, I shall actually answer the question!
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Emo" in the sterotype is meant to be an emotionless loser, but this is not the truth. Emo would be short for Emotional, and the idea is that the Emo culture is VERY emotional. Their whole "rage againest the world" mentality is meant to be a cry for help, their emotions getting wildly out of control and causing them to fall into darkness. This is usually caused by something major happening in their lives, like say, a loved one dying.

Unfortuntaly, they don't have "your genetic makeup poots chakra into your eyeballs" as an excuse for listening to crappy music and writing poetry.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    ....this...this was...

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, there was the comedy with the first, which was great. But then...

...THE UCHIHA HAVE EMONESS AS A MEDICAL CONDITION. THIS...I can't tell if it's genius or not.
    I'm going with genius.

Spoiler
    Show
    It took me a bit to go with that, as at first I was all WTF about it, but then it made sense.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, it's the experience of loss, which often leads people even in real life to not want to experience it again and therefore deny themselves the emotions that ended up leading them to that experience of loss. Such as the case of loving someone and that making their loss all the harder to deal with.

This also explains how the Sharingan can turn into the Mangekyou Sharingan through the murder of their best friend, supposedly. That likely was simply a legend all along, with the real reason being that they simply lost their best friend or a close family member, with other people ending up assuming they killed them because "Uchiha are so full of hate and evil". The Uchiha, rather than denying that view of them, simply ignored it, with some ending up reinforcing it due to being opposite others in their world views (hello Senju!).

I'm guessing this is also why the Mangekyou Sharingan slowly has the user lose their sight. Because metaphorically they are slowly blinded by hate (or rather, their feelings of loss).

...also, I will love the First forever if he says that shinobi are superheroes that once protected the world from the Apocalypse.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

11. - Top - End - #701

This also explains why
    Spoiler
    Show
    using Izanagi makes you lose your eyes. Focusing so much hatred on the world that it literally changes to fit your views. But leaves you blind in the process.

...you know I just realized that this means Obito's plan is to turn the moon into a very angry eyeball. So it's gonna be the moon of Majora's Mask.

12. - Top - End - #702

Spoiler
    Show
    Too tired to think, but I wonder how this all affects non-Uchiha with the Sharingan. It seems the special chakra doesn't originate in the eyes but the brain. So can non-Uchiha not develop the Mangekyou with Kakashi being some strange accident where the rightful owner of the eyes is close enough to force the other's change?
    Last edited by The Unborne; 2013-02-05 at 06:12 AM.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Unborne View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Too tired to think, but I wonder how this all affects non-Uchiha with the Sharingan. It seems the special chakra doesn't originate in the eyes but the brain. So can non-Uchiha not develop the Mangekyou with Kakashi being some strange accident where the rightful owner of the eyes is close enough to force the other's change?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stop it! Stop trying to bring reason into this discussion of magic eyes that give you super powers and make you evil! Sh!

Thanks for the explanation(s) regarding "emos". (I'd better not start a discussion on that)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually was expecting the Second to merely refer to the Mangekyou since the Sharingan's development was never really tied to any emotion (from what I recall).
    Also, of Senju are powered by love as well does this make them Carebears?
    Last edited by Kato; 2013-02-05 at 06:08 AM.
    "What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #704
    Barbarian in the Playground

Please tell me you know that is not how DNA works...
    From a biological standpoint. Chromosomes carry DNA, and each parent contributes half of a pair to create 23 pairs of Chromosomes. We ALL share DNA with our families. Naruto is made up of 50% of Minato, and 50% of Kushina chromosomes.

I am saying that it isn't impossible for Orochimaru, and Kabuto, both scientists. To abuse that fact.

We do carry a little amount of our ancestors, all though the genetic make up isn't entirely the same, there are still bits and pieces of it there. The DNA we share isn't exact, but I don't think the Jutsu can really tell.

I was trying to think of a way how Orochimaru could get his hands on the Hokage's DNA, if he didn't have access to their bodies.
    Last edited by Codyage; 2013-02-05 at 06:53 AM.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Codyage View Post
    We do carry a little amount of our ancestors, all though the genetic make up isn't entirely the same, there are still bits and pieces of it there. The DNA we share isn't exact, but I don't think the Jutsu can really tell.
    If the jutsu can't tell considering earth humans have about 99.9% identical DNA then he could take anyone's DNA or the jutsu would be awfully picky without being precise to work while not being exactly identical.
    Of course we - mutations aside - share half the DNA of both parents but if we refer to the DNA os a person we usually mean precisely hir DNA as far as that goes for a definiton...
    (Okay, if Oro has Naruto's DNA and Kushina's DNA he could figure out half of Minato's DNA but even then...)
    Er, enough about that.

I forgot to mention the new chapter reminded me of something concerning the last chapters discussion: We don't know when Oro learned how to unseal his arms. It was implied he knew so for a very long time but he might as well have only recently aquired the knowledge when he was already weakened again or whatever. Just to bring it up.
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Codyage View Post
    I was trying to think of a way how Orochimaru could get his hands on the Hokage's DNA, if he didn't have access to their bodies.
    It would be simpler to simply go with him spending substanial time off screen before the manga's start point and during the time skip grave robbing. Ergo DID have access. He had his whole life to acquire a sample of the 3rd while he was alive, and already established he had the other three.

The only real question is where was he keeping it right now. Because inside a seal on Anko.... yeah huh. Simpler if need be to simply have it picked up by Sasuke's team before/after reviving him like with the scroll.

We just don't get to see it.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I wonder if the implication is that Madara's grand and crazy plan was caused by the love of his brother (whose eyes he took)? Certainly, he never mentioned him much.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

18. - Top - End - #708

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    I wonder if the implication is that Madara's grand and crazy plan was caused by the love of his brother (whose eyes he took)? Certainly, he never mentioned him much.
    I'm pretty sure that's the idea, and Madara's just not telling us because he literally doesn't care to explain himself to us.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty sure that's the idea, and Madara's just not telling us because he literally doesn't care to explain himself to us.
    Yeah, I'd not like him going around whining about how his fate sucks and how he misses his little bro and how he is going to get him back... Uh, another Uchiha obsessed with his brother. The fangirls will have a field day with this.
    Last edited by Kato; 2013-02-05 at 12:18 PM.
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #710
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wait, so what I'm getting from the comments is..... that part II of Naruto is essentially driven by yanderes? I really have to read the raw when it comes out then.

As for the Feb 9/issue #11 ToC comment by Kishi...

"Shinnenkai de itadakiita [007] no blu-ray BOX ga mada mirete nai... hayaku mitai!!"

So Kishi hasn't watched that Blu-ray James Bond collection which he received at the New Year's party yet. He wants to rectify that soon
    Thanks to Meirnon for the avatar
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Gag manga story by One, artwork by Murata Yusuke of Eyeshield 21 fame
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ettin in the Playground

It really messed Itachi up, more than most normal uchihia (then again most normal uchihia do not achieve the Mangekyō Sharingan)

The third says Itachi had the viewpoint of a hokage at the age of seven. Age seven is the same age Itachi graduated from the academy. What I interpret the viewpoint of the hokage as believing in the will of fire, believing in protecting the village and the next generation, fighting for them at any cost, including laying down your life as a sacrifice to build the bridge for the next generation's future. He had this type of vision at the age of seven.

He awakened his normal Sharingan at the age of eight. At this age his Sharingan crystalized his beliefs and since then Itachi will become a martyr for the village doing everything alone but for the sake of the villiage.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

22. - Top - End - #712

OldWizardGuy

Yeah, I'd not like him going around whining about how his fate sucks and how he misses his little bro and how he is going to get him back... Uh, another Uchiha obsessed with his brother.
    Just before Madara kicks the bucket, this is exactly what we're going to have. So he can be sympathetic. If Kishi would have him be remembered as "true" villain in-universe, he'll save his dignity and have it in internal dialogue. With a flashback.

I'm not even sarcastic.

23. - Top - End - #713

I don't care what they do to Madara, so long as Sasuke doesn't get redeamed. At the end of the day, the quality of Naruto will be determined by how Sasuke is handled (presuming it's the final thing).

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

New Chapter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Possessed by love?
    I'm sorry, but I will never, ever feel bad for the Uchiha, no matter what the Hokages say. On the other hand, its interesting to see the personalities of the first and second come out. I'm really enjoying this. Although, it seems unusually selfless of Orochimaru, so I'm getting bothered by all these last minute changes, undoing a lot of development of setting and characters...

Still, I like what he's doing with the second. The personality really fits when you think about his past actions.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Just before Madara kicks the bucket, this is exactly what we're going to have. So he can be sympathetic. If Kishi would have him be remembered as "true" villain in-universe, he'll save his dignity and have it in internal dialogue. With a flashback.

I'm not even sarcastic.
    I don't know that I have a problem with this.
    Last edited by VanBuren; 2013-02-05 at 06:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The hokages basically told Sasuke to his face that the Uchiha are a clan with severe psychological problems and that the Sharingan is a manifestation of that. He's handling it well, all things considered.

Uchiha go crazy out of love, will knowing that fact cause Sasuke to stop and reflect on himself? Interesting question, but probably not.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Uchiha go crazy out of love, will knowing that fact cause Sasuke to stop and reflect on himself? Interesting question, but probably not.
    Why not? He's already being more patient with the Hokages than he would have in the past.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

Bit off topic but,

Spoiler
    Show
    is anyone else wanting the 4th to somehow break free/get ordered to go fight beside naruto, even for a little bit?
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    New Chapter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Possessed by love?
    I'm sorry, but I will never, ever feel bad for the Uchiha, no matter what the Hokages say. On the other hand, its interesting to see the personalities of the first and second come out. I'm really enjoying this. Although, it seems unusually selfless of Orochimaru, so I'm getting bothered by all these last minute changes, undoing a lot of development of setting and characters...

Still, I like what he's doing with the second. The personality really fits when you think about his past actions.
    A funny reaction, considering your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Bit off topic but,

Spoiler
    Show
    is anyone else wanting the 4th to somehow break free/get ordered to go fight beside naruto, even for a little bit?
    You know what I want to see?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Fourth fighting Naruto and telling him out loud how all his jutsu work, so that Naruto ends up able to learn them later on.

No, not instantly learn them, darnit! He's not an Uchiha.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not even sarcastic.
    Well, I've been one of those who actually feel sympathy towards about any character, to a certain degree... Madara included. It's not about dignity, though him breaking down and crying would be a shame. But reflecting about his motivations before he dies wouldn't hurt his character.

I don't care what they do to Madara, so long as Sasuke doesn't get redeamed. At the end of the day, the quality of Naruto will be determined by how Sasuke is handled (presuming it's the final thing).
    Again, while, yes Sasuke's ultimate fate is one of the most curious parts of the story, if handled properly it could be within Kishi's abilities to redeem Sasuke and not entirely ruin the story.
    The thing is... if the Uchiha's actually suffer from a mental disease which makes them evil it is pretty hard to judge them as if they were normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Bit off topic but,

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, knowing Kishi this or something like what Morph suggested is pretty likely. I'm not wishing for it but if it happens I'm not going to condemn it.

btw, am I the only one wondering why Oro seems so nice all of a sudden? Nice on a relative term, but still.
    "What's done is done."