New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Internet Disconnection makes it hard to post.

[Hueco Mundo]
    The Arena

A little collision does happen, but Baatar isn't going to fall over anytime soon, given how one fist is smashed into the dirt where Karasu was once standing.

Fortunately for him, being low near the ground is usually a good thing when trying to avoid in-flight attacks.

With his muscular free hand, he'll grab Lagoshta in the kidney and hold him above himself. With any luck, the meat shield will block the brunt of the scythe.

((How much godmoding control over the NPCs will we have in this brawl?)) (If none, then Baatar's grabbing of Lagoshta may fail.)

[Soul Society]
    Temple of the Ho-ou

"Oh," says Suou. "That's sad." Unfortunate accidents area always sad. It's almost as sad as...
    She starts to get lost in her thoughts again, staring at nothing in particular. I'm sure that, if she were distracted again, she would snap back into reality easily.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

Hueco Mundo
    Wilderness

Even if Victor Vicente was not completely unprepared for getting hit with his own Gran Rey Cero, there would not have been anything he could have done anyway. His mind refused to register that he would be outgunned by his own attack, that there was someone who might be stronger, who could achieve victory over him. Him. The general who in life had carved out his empire, who could be only killed by the combined forces of all his enemies assassinating him in the night. He was a god among men. He was a legend. He was...

...completely overwhelmed. Any screams he might have made were drowned out by the massive explosion. For what seemed like forever, the giant grey dome crackling with red electricity was visible for miles around. When the energy finally dissipated, Victor Vicente was suprisingly still in existence, but not by much.

The giant tank form was reduced to a meager skeletal frame, nearly three quarters of it having been obliterated. In the center, now exposed, was Victor Vicente's body, his real, vulnerable body, now stuck in his crippled, immobilized Resurrection state. His eyes are glazed over as every inch of him writhes in agony. <"I... will... not... go... quietly!>" Another turret forms, this time out of Victor Vicente's own chest. The energy starts to gather, as the exterior of Victor Vicente starts to disintegrate.

The Gran Rey Cero becomes more powerful when combined with the blood of the arrancar, and there's definitely a lot to fuel it. At most, Victor Vicente might get off one more shot after charging for a good solid minute. Just firing it would be enough to finish himself off, a literal suicide attack.

That is, if Mikael doesn't just step in and finish the job right here and now, an easy feat given VV's current state.

Hueco Mundo
    (The Arena)

Lagoshta's body is cleaved in two with a single swipe of the scythe. Several of the other Arrancars are either wounded or killed from the barrage of feather-missiles from earlier. If any other Arrancar join the fight, Karasu pays them no mind. The collateral from fighting Baatar alone will take them out.

As the crow-arrancar descends, his twirling scythe takes another pass, this time aiming specifically for Baatar.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

One second, the mortal is nowhere to be seen. Next, he is standing right before the crushed general's eyes, merely one meter away from him, as if he'd always been there.

Soot and sand cover every inch of the mortal's body. He looks like a perverse anatomical model, with all skin having been flayed off the front of his body, and the lack of hair, nose, lips or eyelids having reduced his face to state eeriely similar to the skull-like masks of the monstrous creatures.

You tried that once before. What makes you think it will stick now? 49 seconds to explosion.

Mikael kneels before the agonized devil, and catches the gun barrel protruding from his chest with his right hand, easily crushing it shut.

You will not do that. You will not kill yourself. You will, however, tell me why I am here. 35 five seconds. The mortal presses his disfigured face within a mere inch's distance of the devil's agonized eyes, his bloodshot, bare eyes staring right into those agonized orbs of the white devil.

You will call off that shot of yours. 29 seconds. You will tell me what I want to know. 21 seconds. Then, I'll put you out of your misery. 15 seconds.

Mikael lifts his left hand high, clenching it to a fist, preparing to punch the dying cretin before him until its skull caves in. You have five seconds to make your decision. 10... 9... 8...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hueco Mundo
    (The Wilderness)

What is that emotion in Victor Vicente's eyes? Pain? Fear? Anger? Insanity? Some combination of the above? They are the eyes of someone who is about to die a second time. His body is already collapsing, disintegrating as the last of his energy was meant to go into one last bang. But now the once-great general will end not with a bang, but a mere whimper. Reduced to this low, pathetic creature. A creature who was once a god among men, and treated his subjects like ants to be stepped on. Now he it but a maggott before a true god.

The energy from the Gran Rey Cero continues to build. Perhaps Victor Vicente is still too delirious with pain to even notice. Whether or not it ends up firing, blowing up inside him, or just completely fizzling seems to matter little now as his body continues to be destroyed. <"And now I die for the second time. Let us see if there is a third life beyond this one. To the victor go the spoils of war...>" he barely manages to spit out, reduced to rambling incoherently into the pain.

Whether or not the Gran Rey Cero ends up firing, Victor Vicente's body will collapse into shambles, eventually dust mingling into the sands of Hueco Mundo.

What little remained of his hollow army watches in the distance. Watch as their leader dies pathetically before fleeing, trying to evade the notice of the newcomer.

Victor Vicente is dead.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Mikael can feel the barrel heat up and swell as energy keeps up building inside it. The white devil is not going to go out peacefully, it seems. Unable to do much else, the mortal squeezes the barrel tighter, and utters the magic word: Reduce.

The resulting explosion is still hardly a small one. For a moment, the night is illuminated by bolts of red lightning splitting the sky. But force of the explosion is directed not towards Mikael - instead, the blast follows the law of least resistance, and rips through the white devil's spine, continuing to the horizon.

Mikael stares as flesh flakes off from his adversary and he crumbles to the very same substance that makes up the sand of the desert. If he still could, Mikael would blink. His adversary's last words ring in his eyes..."die for a second time"... does it mean that he, too, is dead? That would make a depressing amount of sense. But if the terrain around him is the afterlife, well, it is the most disappointing one in existence.

Tired, Mikael slumps to his knees. What will he do now? How can he ever get back to the world of the living? Sense of touch is fleeing from his hands - as he lifts them before his face, he they are already crumbling to dust, just like the devil.

No. He can't let that happen. Through his dimming vision, Mikael focuses on his hands. He needs to stop this somehow... bandage his wounds... keep his body from falling apart... but how? There is no suitable material anywhere! Even his adversary's body is leaving not even his former white clothes behind.

Oh wait - the sand! If the sand of the desert is clinging to his bloodied muscles liek a second skin, well, it can then become so! Shakily, Mikael claps his hands together, and utters one more word: Improve.

There is a flash of blue light, and when it dies down, it seems as if the wounded mortal has been replaced by a salt effigy frozen in praying position. But then, the effigy's joints crack, and it rises up, excess sand trickling down from its surface.

Mikael can't see himself, of course, but his body has been coated in a smooth, white shell, hiding his horrible state from the rest of the world. Of course, this glazed sand is hardly flexible, so moving his fingers and limbs causes it to crack at places. It's hardly a permanent solution, but it will have to do.

Unbeknowst to the mortal, the blood left behind by the white devil is slowly trickling through the sand, pooling at his feet and then climbing up his legs. As he starts walking, the river of blood flows up his back, and draws a dragon chewing its own tail on his left shoulder.

Mikael decides he will not be demoralized by his failure to squeeze an explanation out of his adversary. There were other monsters like him... like them. Catching one and making it explain should be... trivial, compared to the feat of strenght and endurance he'd just achieved.

With those thoughts in mind, Mikael starts running after the fleeing demons of the night.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2013-03-04 at 03:40 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156

[Hueco Mundo]
    The Arena

Poor Lagoshta. I'm pretty sure nobody liked him anyway.
    Valentina looks to make sure Lugaru's still alive...he is. Lucky him. He's definitely the cutest, even though he's not quite the strongest. She's not too fond of birds. Their eyes are just too...peering. Like they can see into your soul.

Baatar remains holding onto the cloven arrancar's body. Might come in handy sooner or later. And, it soon does. Baatar, still on the ground, whips the piece of Lagosta around before tossing it towards the Crow-Arrancar. Hopefully, it works.

Then, there's the problem of the scythe. Baatar finally uses his freed-up hand to attempt a grab on the spinning scythe. Even if it cuts into his hand...I mean, his gauntlet-covered hand, it's worth it to hold this flying opponent in place.

Meanwhile, in the [Mortal Realm...]
    City Center

Tsukamoto Miya has been out buying food for the house, since nobody else does it for her. She glances behind herself again. Is that man looking at her? If she's not mistaken, he has been following her for the last couple minutes.

She increases her pace through the crowd.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Temple of Ho-ou
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    pleasestopandgoawayandpleasestopgoaway -- she thinks with all her might. She doesn't move, afraid it'll take longer to heal if she so much as stretches her legs.

But something catches her attention! Shigure mentions the attack on the Scarlet Garden. Maybe they know something about it! Unfortunately, they don't say anything else about it, but Suou's rather lucky that she started paying attention then. Otherwise, she would have had to ask to repeat the question.

"Well, you just said it was a Captain's meeting. Kiba's not a Captain, he's just the Vice-Captain, isn't he?" Nicole wrongly assumes there's a Captain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Shigure nods, keeping his eyes on the papers before him intently. [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]"You'll forgive me Honored Grandmother but I've not had time to weigh in on the new Commander though any new management will feel stifling to how we operate. New rules and obligations to work around and figure out how to circumvent so that we can do our work." He seems to have no opinion on the Captains meeting either, merely shrugging about the terminology and titles. "Beating up new recruits is important too, it would seem."
    Li looks at Shigure sighs. "I was... afraid you would say that. I feel we may have committed a grave mistake in choosing her to the position. It may be she's been away for too long..."

Nicole's confusion being palpable, Li knocks the floor with the cane and turns to adress her. "Unseated trooper Suou. Nonoha-fukutaichou will guide you back to your quarters at the Combat Division grounds. You will follow normal Combat Division schedule, save for evening remedial courses that will be held at the Spirit Academy. In case of Hollow assault, you are to follow your Acting Captain's orders."

Li gives a long glance at both of the others present, then rises up. "I'd love to keep chatting with you, but you both seem too tired for such heavy discussion. Nonoha-san, you are relieved from your duties for the rest of the day. I will make Seated Officer Tanaka take care of them. Go catch yourself a good cup of coffee."

The elder limps to the door and sneaks out of the room. "Have fun,you two."

8. - Top - End - #158

[Soul Society]
    Temple of Ho-ou

"Ah."

Suou nods. "Yes, ma'am. I'll be there tomorrow evening," she says.

Suou Nicole figures that, since Captain Li said it's fine to go now, she can safely get up and walk. She's ready to finally leave the room of slimy eely medicine and follow Nonoha out.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Shigure
    [Soul Society]
    Temple of Ho-ou

Shigure gives a gentle bow towards the elderly Captain at the orders though the look in his weary eyes shows that him following them isn't likely. He waits for the Captain to leave before looking at the unfortunate patient. "I'll hurry you along so you can get some rest. Please tell your Captain that despite your Divisions general methods of training that you should go easy on new recruits. Allow them to acclimate to the rigors we uphold our soldiers to."

Sawada
    Soul Society
    Western Edge of Seireitei

The meeting having ground down to a stalemate even before it was noticed that not all of the Active Captains had been gathered, Sawada took his leave of the official prancing about to oversee the most recent work being undertaken by the S.S.I. The edge of the Western Seireitei was a quiet place owing to the near by Noble Estates, the walls of the city well maintained along with the Gate leading out to the Rukon. Members of the S.S.I swarm about with various tools, taking measurements and running about in a hurry. Sawada survived it all from the top of the highest building, his Oni guards not far off, as an almost approving smile flickers over his lips. "Contact the Logistics Division. We'll hold the festival here." he murmurs to one of his aids who immediately shunpos off to deliver the message.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-03-06 at 02:47 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

[Mortal Realm]
    City Centre

Miya's increased pace is followed by another eye in the crowd. Yamamoto Rin, looking up from a recently-bought bento, raises an eyebrow at the sudden increase in Miya's pace before seeing the stranger following behind.

"Something's off..."

Standing and putting away the food while walking, Rin follows along as inconspicuously as possible. The young shopper was hopefully not in danger, but you never knew.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Western edge of Seireitei

The aide doesn't get very far, before he bumps to another messenger. After a brief exchange between them, both return to Sawada.

"Zheng-taichou is already coming to see you, Yasunobu-fukutaichou", the new messenger informs. "Should be here at any moment." Indeed, barely quarter of an hour passes before familiar tapping of a bamboo cane against the stone pavement echoes from the distance.

"Weird minds think alike, it seems. Funny you would send a word to my Division just when I was already coming this way"
    , Li greets. "I have quite a few things I'd like to discuss with you. But for the sake of courtesy, do tell why you wanted to see me."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Sawada blinks as he hears the second messenger's voice, glancing over his shoulder with a slight frown though quickly rights it when he spots Captain Li approaching. "I would be humbled by your presence, your wisdom is invaluable." He quickly motions at one of his Oni guards who brings a chair for the elder Captain, bowing slightly in respect. "We've had blood spilled in the Rukon as you know and the placement of a new Commander Captain at the head of our people. Auspicious times often warrant celebration and sacrifice. Did you know Captain that the S.S.I has had at least two hundred members threaten leave over my institution at the head of our esteemed organization?" he asks gently, taking care to keep his tone polite in the presence of Li. He quickly takes a seat when it's brought, glancing over the area their vantage point oversees.

"We would like to erect a new headquarters here on the western walls of the Seireitei, the White Tiger Gatehouse, and tradition dictates we hold a festival to consecrate the grounds and give good luck and fortune for our endeavour. I would like to requisition building supplies and the food stores for this festival. Would you like some tea Captain?" he asks gently.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Li nods at the Oni and sits down. The elderly captain listens intently to Sawada's explanation. "Two hundred, you say? That number has come up a lot lately", Li replies quizzically. "Forgive me, sorcerer, by I can't agree on these times being "auspicious" in the slightest. Nor do I think it is a proper time for festivities."

"Construction tools and supplies will be provided as usual, though I must ask - why here? You know as well as me that the next Hollow assault will likely reach the walls. Starting a major construction project here seems like an invitation to disaster. Unless, of course, you are planning to lay a trap."

"Tea would be most welcome."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

"There was a bit of a fight during the Captains meeting." Sawada mentions in an almost off hand manner, motioning to another member of the division near by to fetch them some tea. "The stars speak volumes, waves of war and blood are in our future. Hollow activity has increased in the mortal world and the Scarlet Garden has been bathed in blood. The former Grand Sorcerer was slain in the chaos. The signs have shown that the halcyon days of summer are over, the peace bred in the warm months give way to harsh autumns and cruel winters. We have picked the West Gate for our new location as summer transitions to autumn. But the ravings of the priests must seem a bore for you. What can I do for you Captain Li?"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, a few things. But most of all, I'd like to hear your opinion on our new Commander General. Why was there a fight? Was she upset?"

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

"The Commander Captain..." Sawada mumbles, toying with a lock of hair as a more lasting frown creases his face. "She is perhaps not what one would expect as a Commander. Brash, refuses to listen to her assembled Captains and generally uncouth. I attempted to explain to her that due to restructuring due to a change of leadership in the S.S.I her numbers of missing Shinigami was skewed. I cannot account for The Pack, who she also singled out rather bluntly, or their numbers however not a single piece of paper work goes through my Division without my overseeing it in due time. She then flaunted her newly gained position in my face when my answer did not...amuse her? I do not even attempt to guess what she misunderstood. The meeting dissolved from there by way of Captain Ueda pointing out that perhaps she was not proceeding in an appropriate manner. My opinion on the new Commander Captain is dim from my initial meeting. I fear for our people if she is at the helm of state."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

"Slow down, Yasunobu-san. You are starting to sound nervous", Li comments, picking up a cup of tea and taking a sip once the divisioner bringing tea arrives. "What you say comes off as no suprise, unfortunately. We of the old guard were... apparently too hasty to appoint her to this position. It seems she's been gone for too long to fit in any more." Another sip. "How unfortunate. We'd certainly need a person of her strenght in our ranks. But maybe she will do more good if relieved from her duties and allowed to do whatever her whim tells, as before."

Li sighs. "I will have to ponder upon this dilemma. Call a few old friends, see what they think. It is too bad Izanagi-sensei is no longer available to us. His wisdom would be invaluable." Silence. Sip, sip, sip.

The elderly captain puts down the cup, now emptied, and grabs the bamboo cane. It is apparent Li is preparing to leave. "I will put things on the move for your new construction project. Expect a few of my less over-worked seated officers to arrive shortly. But, before I go..."

"... would you mind telling me what exactly happened to those two hundred people you "repurposed"?"

18. - Top - End - #168

[Soul Society]
    Having left the Temple

Nicole nods in response to Shigure. "Alright. Thank you." She finally forces a smile (It would be a cute smile, if she were a bit more presentable), and walks out of the temple.

As soon as she leaves the Temple, she breaks into a run back to the quarters, glad that her rib's healed, despite the torturous methods to heal it. Upon arriving back there, she first cleans herself up before finding the bed that's now hers.

Mortal Realm
    City Center-ish

The crowd starts to thin out - as she leaves the City Center and goes towards the neighborhood that she lives in. Miya keeps up her brisk pace before looking over her shoulder to see if the man's still following her. She hopes it was all just her imagination.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-03-08 at 02:31 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Sawada seems to be in no kind of rush as he waits for the elderly Captain to explain, his own tea remaining untouched as he keeps his eyes on the work below."It is natures way to replace and renew. Transition is always difficult. If you require assistance I will be here." he murmurs gently in agreement in the silence afforded him. He glances back at Li before standing as he notes the elder is getting ready to depart, even going so far as to offer a hand to aid her stand. "Thank you Captain Li, I hope dispite our disagreement you will attend the festival. It is not for our men, you must understand. The people of the Rukon are scared. A terrible slaughter was committed and the former Grand Sorcerer counted among the dead. They require something to ease their minds. We will be opening the gates for them just as much as we are doing it for our people here in Soul Society."

The air grows at the final question, those on hand unable to help stare at the Captains before hurriedly moving off to find something more important to occupy themselves with least they be noticed eavesdropping. "Exactly?" Sawada intones, tapping his lips with a painted nail. "A small portion of the S.S.I vocalized the desire to remove the vestiges of our ancient Order from our procedures with the loss of Grand Sorcerer Shenryu, thinking perhaps that I was more "modern" with my thinking. They vocalized their desire by storming my office in which my reply was to send them to the mortal world where they will spend some time working in less people oriented positions until I decide how to handle the issue. They are, as I assured the other Captains, no less productive than they were before. Perhaps even more so without the distraction of creating a schism here in Soul Society over a petty issue. Does this answer your question?"

[Soul Society]
    Having left the Temple

Nanoha would chase after the woman, as asked to by his Captain, however he certainly is in no shape to be doing anything beyond a brisk stumble to the closest bed. However, he drags himself back to the Vice Captains offices to return to the piles of paperwork he had been dragged away from in the first place while he can still get away with it.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Li glares intently at Sawada. "Ah, the tragedy of District 79. Today, I was reminded of an interesting little fact about that District."

The elder taps the ground with the cane. "Usually, districts are worse off the further they lie from our walls. 79 was one of the greatest exceptions to that rule. Do you know why, Sawada?"

---

[Mortal Realm]
    Suburbs

Imagination? Hardly. Miya can see there's still a strange person at her heels. In fact, she is not in the least bothered by Miya noticing her - she waves to her as a greeting now that they have clear line of sight of each other.

Yes, she. Now that there are no excess people to obscure Miya's vision, she can notice that the follower is not a man, but rather just a tall woman dressed in a grey suit and a black tie. Actually, given her attire Miya would still be excused for mistaking her for a man at this distance, but the stranger's voice is a dead giveaway: "Why in such a hurry? You're walking as if a devil was on your heels."

21. - Top - End - #171

[Mortal Realms]
    Suburbs

Miya actually doesn't notice it's actually a woman until she speaks. Then, Miya stops and gives an absent-minded wave. Maybe Miya dropped something and the woman's trying to return it? Does this woman know her? Is she from the school? Or does she know her father?

Anyway, she stops and turns towards the approaching woman. "Oh. I-I was..." She looks down at the groceries in her hand. "I had to get back quickly to make dinner for when my father gets back from work." She looks back up, but her eyes betray her lie. Her father had just left a message on the phone saying he's gone to Tokyo for the week, and won't be back for a few days.

She just came up with that so she wouldn't have to admit she thought the woman was a stalker. She still thinks that, but wouldn't want to admit that to her face.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-03-09 at 11:16 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Soul Society]

Li glares intently at Sawada. "Ah, the tragedy of District 79. Today, I was reminded of an interesting little fact about that District."

The elder taps the ground with the cane. "Usually, districts are worse off the further they lie from our walls. 79 was one of the greatest exceptions to that rule. Do you know why, Sawada?"
    Sawada remains cool under the intent glare, gazing back at Captain Li almost impassively. "You understand as well as I, when a body is ill the sickness must be isolated if a cure is to be made. I am a scientist first and foremost and...fresh to a position requiring more empathy. I did what I felt had to be done to preserve safety to Soul Society. If you have more suggestions, I eagerly bow my head to your wisdom." He takes his seat once more seeing the elder Captain has yet to move, bowing his head almost in apology. " I am afraid you have me at a loss. I was born in the outer Rukon but never had the chance to visit the 79th District until I had to retrieve my fathers body. I am at a loss once again."
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-03-10 at 03:55 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

[Mortal Realms]
    Suburbs

The strange woman smiles faintly at Miya. It's looks like she's used to people being uncomfortable around her. Which is not much of a surprise, given her looks. Pale skin and dark make-up (wait, is it even make-up?) combined with her height and masculine posture (and clothes) sure serve to give her an intimidating presence. "Is that so. Well, I won't bug you for long, then. Unless you won't mind me accompanying you for the rest of the trip?"

As she catches up with Miya, the woman bows. "I'm Shiba Yui. Nice to meet you."

---

[Soul Society]

"For centuries now, 79th District has been the home to the main branch of Suou family of minor nobles. That branch might now be extinct, save for a single person."

Li's eyes narrow, reflecting deep suspicion. "Mark my words, Sawada. If your confusion about the matter was not palpable, I would not be telling you this. Fortunately, you're a much worse liar than I presume you would like to be."

Li turns back towards Sawada and starts limping away. "The "Scarlet Garden" was no accident, and your father's death is very unlikely to have been a co-incidence. Someone wanted him and the Suou family out of the way. I'm not convinced it was the Hollows either. In fact, if what you say about the "modernist" you have "re-allocated", then it was almost certainly an inside-job. However, I can feel you are up to something of your own as well. This construction project of yours proves it. You are not free of my doubt until I have evidence towards contrary."

"From this moment on, you are under surveillance. Have an interesting day."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Sawada lets out a soft chuckle, shaking his head. "It is because I have no desire or intention to lie to you, Captain Li. However I will keep this all under advisement. Until we speak again, do keep me updated. If what you say is true then my father wasn't killed in combat but murdered. I would like to know the truth of this matter." He remains cool under the accusation though makes no move to confirm or deny the Captain's suspicions, waiting for her to depart before taking a seat once more with a soft sight.

"Do you believe she suspects?" One of the towering Oni drones in a rebotic tone, the pair remaining as statures through out the whole meeting. Sawada gave a shake of his head, looking out at the building site. "Doubtful. Never the less, if we're being watched we'll just have to put on a show. Come, we've more to do today. I will visit with Acting Captain Kiba in person instead of unwelcome surprises."

Soul Society
    The Pack Training Grounds

Sawada steps into the training grounds of the Pack, dressed down to a form fitting sleeveless vest and a pair of pair of baggy pants, tied at the ankles to avoid any loose flowing edges in which to grab. His zanpakuto hangs at his side in a rare display of it's true form, his posture ready for an attack. He motions to anyone near by, keeping his usual calm air as he speaks. "The S.S.I has business with Acting Captain Kiba. Fetch him."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Soul Society
    The Pack Training Grounds

Sawada steps into the training grounds of the Pack, dressed down to a form fitting sleeveless vest and a pair of pair of baggy pants, tied at the ankles to avoid any loose flowing edges in which to grab. His zanpakuto hangs at his side in a rare display of it's true form, his posture ready for an attack. He motions to anyone near by, keeping his usual calm air as he speaks. "The S.S.I has business with Acting Captain Kiba. Fetch him."
    Soul Society
    (Combat Division)

There were a few shinigami in Seireitei that Kiba could recognize by "scent," for lack of a better word. The captains and vice-captains, for example, had very distinctive scents, and the presence of someone from the SSI was rare, sticking out like a sore thumb. Kiba instantly perks up with a few sniffs, like a guard dog registering an intruder in their vicinity. "Meeting's over. Do what you must to get our troops ready, and train yourselves as well."

It's only a couple of unseateds whom Sawada finds actively training. Since they weren't among the new recruits, their training with Kiba this morning was marginally less brutal. If it were any other member of the SSI, they might have reacted with cold indifference, perhaps even rudeness depending on their moods. But with a Captain or a seated officer, they stiffen up. Fortunately, they don't have to fetch for Kiba. Having sensed Sawada almost as soon as he entered the area, Kiba's arrival was punctuated by the thunder of his Shunpo.

"What is it, Sawada?" Formality had always been one of the skills in which Kiba had been lacking, even when the former SSI Captain had been in charge. Unlike the majority of "the Pack," Kiba didn't automatically defer to the other captains, only certain ones like Zheng Li Lin or the Captain Commander. Of course there was also the fact that Kiba and Sawada had been "promoted" at the same time, though Sawada's new position was more official.

Hueco Mundo
    (The Arena)

The arrancar-chunk flies into Karasu, the natural position of the scythe taking the bulk of the force as the mute arrancar flings it away. This gives Baatar the perfect opportunity to grab onto the scythe without risking injury to his hand.

His primary weapon momentarily neutralized, Karasu flaps his wings, trying to ascend and bring Baatar with him. Surely his opponent would not fare so well in the air.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Soul Society
    (Combat Division)

Sawada slides a hand through his hair as the Acting Captain appears with a thunderous approach. "Greetings, Acting Captain Kiba. Congratulations on your recent promotion." He drones, the apathetic mask remaining regardless with who he speaks to. He seems not to mind any drop of formality, cleaning his nails as he continues to drone. "You were the topic of the recent Captain's Meeting or the lack of your presence was at least. The other Captains present gave you little thought. I doubt you care. Perhaps next time however your presence will be made, and their faces can be placed into a table as decorum dictates." He slowly draws his blade, casting a glance at Kiba before shrugging. "Shall we speak in your language?"

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Soul Society
    (Combat Division)

Kiba visibly winces at the promotion comment. The Kenpachi's death still weighs heavily on his mind along with the added burden of duties suddenly upon him. He lets it slide though. He was never one to sugar-coat words either. "If they had wanted me at a meeting they should have sent for me. How am I supposed to know when those things are anyway?" he growls. Sawada draws his weapon for a sparring match. Apparently he thought that all Combat Division business was conducted over duels. It wouldn't be the first misconception that the SSI or other divisions had about "the Pack." Even if Kiba did have other duties to attend to, he wasn't about to turn down a challenge. He tied his headwrap tighter, braced his muscles to spring into action at a moment's notice, and took his stance. "Fine." At the very least, their apathy was matched, albeit in different flavors.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Mortal World
    (Classroom)

"I, uh.. huh..." Obviously it wasn't anywhere close to the answer Kenzan was guessing. We went from strange white-masked monsters, to ghosts, to a talking sword, to giant green scorpion in a castle. Kenzan was willing to believe most anything at this point, but even this was stretching it. Regardless, there was the obvious question. "So... what happens now?"

Mortal World
    Classroom

Tamaki's expression remained carefully nuetral. After all he couldn't dismiss the story as it was no stranger than his own. However he just felt that the situation was...bigger that they were currently considering. Well he could dwell on those feeling later. After all it would probably be a while before a creature like that showed up again. They didn't seem to appear frequently after all. "Well I believe now we act as if everything is normal unless those things show up again. After all no need to panic innocents with what they can't see."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-03-11 at 11:27 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Soul Society
    (Combat Division)

Kiba visibly winces at the promotion comment. The Kenpachi's death still weighs heavily on his mind along with the added burden of duties suddenly upon him. He lets it slide though. He was never one to sugar-coat words either. "If they had wanted me at a meeting they should have sent for me. How am I supposed to know when those things are anyway?" he growls. Sawada draws his weapon for a sparring match. Apparently he thought that all Combat Division business was conducted over duels. It wouldn't be the first misconception that the SSI or other divisions had about "the Pack." Even if Kiba did have other duties to attend to, he wasn't about to turn down a challenge. He tied his headwrap tighter, braced his muscles to spring into action at a moment's notice, and took his stance. "Fine." At the very least, their apathy was matched, albeit in different flavors.
    "Temper temper. One expects the dog to be at it's masters heel in times of trouble. I believe our new Commander Captain is merely miffed you didn't rush to comfort her." Sawada scolds dispassionately. The other "Captain" wasn't pressing the attack, not unexpected since he wasn't the typical sword swinging opponent he was used to. "Kido Number 4: Byakurai" he drones, already moving as the kido leaves his finger. "They tell me that one hundred of your men have gone missing. Do you know anything about this Acting Captain Kiba?"

30. - Top - End - #180

[Mortal Realm]
    Suburbs

"Oh. Sure, go ahead," she says out of habit, before thinking Why did I say that? Next thing I know, I'll show up in the evening news.

Miya returns the bow. "I'm Tsukamoto Miya, championship fighter." "At least, that's the goal, anyway." Miya glances to the left and the right, not knowing what to say.

[Hueco Mundo]
    The Arena

Baatar's no fool for tactics - he already knows that he's lost. Once he hits the ground, his own melee fighting won't be much of a match for flying hit-and-run tactics. Still, that doesn't mean he won't try to throw in a solid punch before he falls down.

His hand holing onto the scythe throws himself up. As a result, his other fist rockets towards Karasu, in an attempt to break Karasu's leg.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.