New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

[Soul Society]
    Combat Division Grounds

Suou Nicole shakes her head. Even though she has almost no pride left after this past week, and especially after today, she tries to salvage anything that's left. "No, I can manage on my own. Just point the direction I have to go, and I'll find my own way. I don't need help."

She recalls saying the same thing to her brother. 'Stupid brother: why did you have to go and die and leave me alone?' Rather than making her regret saying this, this thought just makes her more determined to show she can do it by herself. She can prove to herself that she's stronger than her father thought she was.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-03-25 at 01:51 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jehoel raises an eyebrow at Mikael's comment on strength, but lets him finish before responding.

"There would be no place for you in Las Noches. If I take you there, it could mean the end of your life. There is another place I could take you, however, one that would be safe. The choice is yours."
    Mikael shrugs. "I suppose you know better. I can't say I know enough of you to trust you, but so far you've been surprisingly helpful. Lead the way please." Leaning his hands on his knees, Mikael stands up, some loose sand rustling down along his shell.

---
    [Mortal Realm]
    Suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

They're pretty much nearly at Miya's house already. Just one more street, to the left. She looks anxiously in that direction, as if trying to decide what to do then.

"Yes, it is very nice to have relatives there. The only problem is that I don't see them as often as I would like." Having lived with them for the past while, she often feels very lonely when at home. The house is too big for only two people...there should be at least twenty, she feels. Always people running around, and never an empty room.

Miya then follows Yui's glance. "You're right, there was something that made me wake up late. Must've been the atmosphere, or something," she immediately says. Given a moment to revise her answer, she adds, "Then again, at school, there was a really odd feeling in the morning. Maybe it was the bad air, but it felt a little different than just pollution." Gave her a headache, too, but she had forgotten about that until Yui brought it up.
    A strange glint appears in Yui's eyes. "Yes, I thought you would have noticed it too. It's a rare talent these days. Too few people spend their days... out." Suddenly, Yui stops, and turns on her heels, looking behind them into the distance. "... and, it seems it is about to get worse. It seems we're getting close, so I suppose we'll part ways now." Yui's noticed that Miya's pace started to slow down. The older woman hurries back next to Miya, fetches into the pocket of her suit and then hands a piece of paper to Miya.

"That's my business card. If you'd like to talk about strange "weather", you can catch me from the lower number when I'm off-duty." Yui points at the bottom of the paper, where there are two phone numbers. "I'll hurry back home before it starts to, hmm, rain. I'd be glad to see you again."

---

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Li frowns, not exactly happy to hear Fuyu's statement. "If that is your position, Suzaku-san, then may I suggest you take my place as the Shinōreijutsuin headmaster? As much as I love the position, it may be my expertise is more required in a different place. I hoped that task would ease me into peaceful retirement, but those hopes may have been for naught. I feel our new recruits will need a more, hmmm, vital person to serve as an example." There's a metallic clink as the bamboo cane taps Li's titanium leg prosthetic.

Then, Li turns attention to Myojin. "I'm glad to hear that, Isamaru-san. I admit, for a while I was afraid your injury would be as permanent as mine. But I'm worried by your statement about how information is withheld from you. I hope there are people in your division who we can consider trustworthy."

"Do you still have comments on these two topics, or shall we move on to the third?"

---

[Soul Society]
    Recon division HQ

One of the unseated troopers bows at their diminutive Captain. "Tsukino-sama, Junrin-fukutaichou has yet to return from her reconnassaince mission in the mortal realm. We expect to receive word from her later this evening, should she decide to continue her mission. If not, she should be here in a moment."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Mortal World] ~ The Suburbs (May or may not be the same ones Yui is in)

Hayato waits for evening to roll around before he makes his way towards Miko's residence again. His curiosity has been piqued from today's earlier encounter with this mysterious girl. He is intent on learning more about this child and her strange Hollow essence tonight.

Hayato arrives a block away from Miko's home.
    Now then, lets call out our little hollow child.

The Rogue Vice Captain raises his hand summoning forth a magnificent Birdwing Hell Butterfly. His essence imbued in the Butterfly he send its out towards Miko's house to get her attention. (So like if there's a window for her to look out of the butterfly is gonna just be perched on that window)
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    (Suburbia)

Miko's lives in a small house in suburbia. Depending on how good Hayato's senses are or how well he scouts, he'll find three presences in the household, all mortals. Though one still has the trace reiatsu from before.

Miko sits alone in her room. The window is closed and the blinds are drawn.

"Mi-chan! That thing is back again!"

"Last time you said that it was just a bee."

[i]"Um... I know. But it could be something else this time! Something really scary!"[i]

Miko tries to ignore the presence, hoping it will go away, much like someone would treat a potential boogey man.

Soul Society
    (Combat Division)

Kiba nods to Nicole. She knows who to contact if the SSI starts giving her trouble. Instead he Shunpo's over to the division grounds entrance, where the officer from the Recon Division awaits. A lot of visitors today. "What is it?"
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2013-03-25 at 01:32 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Mortal World
    (Suburbia)

Miko's lives in a small house in suburbia. Depending on how good Hayato's senses are or how well he scouts, he'll find three presences in the household, all mortals. Though one still has the trace reiatsu from before.

Miko sits alone in her room. The window is closed and the blinds are drawn.

"Mi-chan! That thing is back again!"

"Last time you said that it was just a bee."

"Um... I know. But it could be something else this time! Something really scary!"

Miko tries to ignore the presence, hoping it will go away, much like someone would treat a potential boogey man.
    The Hell Butterfly lands on the window with its shutters closed. Hayato not quite sure how else to get the girl's attention without attracting the attention of every other spiritual being in the vicinity. So he goes down a more...subtle route sending his commands to the Hell Butterfly

Hayato perches himself up by the window recalling his Hel Butterfly As he reaches his hand for the window he utters one quiet thought Here's hoping for a friendly confrontation
    Hayato taps firmly on the shuttered window.
    Hey...Anyone there? I mean you no harm, truly.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2013-03-26 at 04:25 PM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Mortal World
    (The Classroom)

Kenzan nods. The idea of finding others like them seems to be the best moving forward. Even if the three of them didn't know much more, someone else might. "Is there a way to find these other people? A way to sense or track them down? Maybe a way to find more of these "hollow" creatures or figure out when they're going to show up next?"
    "Perhaps I can help." Sawada murmurs softly, stepping into the classroom after having returned to his Gigai. He adjusts his glasses, looking over the assembled students and teacher calmly. "You all did surprisingly well...to think that such a high concentration of spiritually aware mortals were present...well...perhaps it's not all that surprising."

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Li frowns, not exactly happy to hear Fuyu's statement. "If that is your position, Suzaku-san, then may I suggest you take my place as the Shinōreijutsuin headmaster? As much as I love the position, it may be my expertise is more required in a different place. I hoped that task would ease me into peaceful retirement, but those hopes may have been for naught. I feel our new recruits will need a more, hmmm, vital person to serve as an example." There's a metallic clink as the bamboo cane taps Li's titanium leg prosthetic.

Then, Li turns attention to Myojin. "I'm glad to hear that, Isamaru-san. I admit, for a while I was afraid your injury would be as permanent as mine. But I'm worried by your statement about how information is withheld from you. I hope there are people in your division who we can consider trustworthy."

"Do you still have comments on these two topics, or shall we move on to the third?"
    Fuyu bows, a soft smile crossing his weathered features. "I suppose if it is what you desire Captain Li. I have no other issues with the propositions on hand. I vote for the restructuring of the Gotei 6 into a wartime body once more. Let us proceed to your final topic."
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-03-26 at 01:07 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247

Soul Society
    Recon Division HQ

Tsukino smiles, noting in her mind the troopers helpfulness. Subordinates were always pleased when you noticed the little things they did.
    "Why thank you. Have I missed anything while I was away? Everyone always seems to need me as soon as I'm not around, especially the higher ups."
    It's quite possible that he has no idea, since as an unseated soldier, he would have no reason to know, but that again, word spreads around, so he might.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soul Society
    Combat Division.
    Eri realizes the person he was looking for is right in front of him, and bows.
    Kib-san. Nice to meet you. My name is Wa-Den Eri. I was just promoted to Vice-Captain of the Internal Security division. As such, I saw it as my duty to get to know the other Vice-Captains. After all, it's my duty to know all the internal workings of Seireitei.
    He's very serious and down to business. Not very fun.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

8. - Top - End - #248

Spoiler
    Show
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

Mikael shrugs. "I suppose you know better. I can't say I know enough of you to trust you, but so far you've been surprisingly helpful. Lead the way please." Leaning his hands on his knees, Mikael stands up, some loose sand rustling down along his shell.
    Jehoel nods wordlessly and walks off into the desert. If Mikael is paying attention, he should notice the clouds getting thicker and thicker above. It's a long walk; nearly an hour. At last, however, the odd pair crests a dune. Spread before them, a vast lake of inky water stretches off to the distance in each direction. Large rocks dot the shore, surrounding the lake on all sides. At the center of the lake, an island of black stone rises out of the water. In the featureless stretch of Hueco Mundo, the entire lake is intrusive; out of place. Jehoel strides towards it, heading down to the waterfront before stepping out onto the surface of the water. He walks a few steps forward, his feet only barely sunk into the tranquil water. He turns back and beckons.

"There is a path. Come."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2013-03-27 at 01:06 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Soul Society] Training Grounds
    Dosan blocks Naijeru's blade with his own,, and steps inside the bash, aiming a bash of his own at Naijeru's neck with the butt of his sword.

Monastery of the Ho-ou
    Myojin shakes his head solemnly.

I'm worried that most of the division has lost touch with what they're true duties are, and because I am one that remembers those duties, I am no longer involved with what much of the division does. However, I believe others like the new Vice Captain Wa-Den can still be trusted.

[Mortal World] Higure's Classroom
    Higure's eyebrows raise at Sawada's entrance, and blinks a few times before speaking.

Thank you, Sawada? What... what do you mean?

[Hueco Mundo] The Arena
    Azmus steps to the side at the last possible moment to avoid the scythe, and aims a shallow slash with his dagger at Karasu's neck, not wanting to kill him.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

10. - Top - End - #250

[Mortal World]-Outside the School

While watching the building, it occurred to Arianna that it might be a good idea to get a glimpse of the mortals that fought the Hollow here. That would make it easier to find them again, at the very least.

She closes her eyes and lets her other senses take over for a moment. She could still feel their reiatsu, and it didn't take her long long to pinpoint where they were in the building.

With a few flaps of her wings, Arianna silently arrives just outside the window of Higure's classroom. She's off to the side, so that anybody inside couldn't see her. Just cause they could fight a Hollow doesn't mean she wants them to see her yet.

She leans her head to the side enough to look in...and sees Sawada near the door, addressing the mortals gathered. A look of surprise and confusion appears on her face. Surprise to his presence, and confusion to why she couldn't sense him.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

11. - Top - End - #251

[Mortal Realm]
    Suburbs

Miya accepts the piece of paper, nodding. After all, it would be rude not to do so. After glancing at the numbers written on them, she drops the paper into one of the grocery bags she's carrying.

Such a strange woman. At the mention of rain, Miya looks up at the sky, trying to find clouds. "You think it'll rain?" she asks, not really getting any hidden meanings behind that. "Maybe it will. I don't know the Japanese weather patterns very well yet."

[Soul Society]
    Combat Division Quarters

Nicole waits for Kiba to leave. Once he's gone, she sighs and slowly gets out of bed. "At least it's better than walking all day long," she says to herself.

Then, getting completely ready to leave, Miss Suou leaves.

She stumbles her way around to the SSI. She even tries to follow Kiba's directions: follow the place that smells of cowards. "I'll bet it smells just the same as anywhere else," she, again, says to herself as just before she arrives. "Like a city. Seriously, they should plant more flowers around this place."

=) SSI

Suou wanders up to the SSI headquarters, looking for someone who could tell her where to go to meet whoever's looking for her.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-03-28 at 12:48 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mortal World]
    Higure's Classroom

"Sawada-san" he corrects, glancing about the assembled room before motioning to Kenzen. "That young man asked if there were any way to track other hollows or find people who can help. Perhaps I can help." He shrugs, taking a seat nonchalantly before producing a long pipe to puff on. "On both counts in fact. I can help you track down hollows and sense when they're coming...and I can help you find people who know the answers you're all looking for. I suppose I've already done the latter. I'm right here." He extends his hands with a bit of a bow, breathing out a cloud of thick smoke with a sigh. "Yasunobu Sawada. Pleased to meet you.

[Soul Society]
    S.S.I

The S.S.I is a flurry of motion, people running to and fro with the smells of meats and baked goods filling the air. Bars line the street though mostly seem empty so early in the afternoon. Nicole isn't left alone long, a looming red Oni approaching almost from thin air. "The Grand Sorcerer has been waiting for you. This way." The looming mythical creature leads the Shinigami to the foot of a looming tower, Sawada sitting out front with a pot of tea and table already set. He simply motions for the unseated shinigami to sit, remaining silent.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

[Mortal realm]
    Suburbs

"Just don't get yourself wet!", Yui shouts as a farewell before vanishing behind a corner. Wait... is she trying to go back to the city centre or not? Because if so, she took a wrong turn just now. It's too late to tell her now, though.

---

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

"My final topic concerns the slaughter of district 79 and the death of our two captains. You are both well-informed on what happened, but lately I've begun to question why they happened."

"District 79 is one of the outermost district, so on a cursory glance, it's not that surprising it was among first to be overrun by this Hollow incursion. But district 79 was otherwise fairly peculiar. How much do you remember of the ancient Suou house?"

---

[Soul Society]
    Recon divison HQ

The unseated thinks for a moment. "Actually, yes. There was supposed to be a captain's meeting concerning casualties of the Scarlet Garden, taichou-sama. The memo should have been delivered to your office."

---

[Hueco Mundo]
    Lakeside

A lake in the middle of a desert. How quaint. Mikael follows his guide with nary a thought, getting his feet wet is a minor concern after all that's happened. Though, if he wanted, he could just walk on it. Mikael notes there don't seem to be any rivers or brooks flowing into the body of water. "Where does the water come from? It doesn't look like it's spring water. Did...", the mortal stops to weigh his words, "Did you perhaps bring it all here?"

As he steps into the inky liquid, Mikael tunes his senses and tries to listen to its voice. Maybe there's something to be gathered from hearing what it has to say...

14. - Top - End - #254

Soul Society
    Recon Headquarters

Tsukino Hikaru groans.

"I missed a Captain's meeting? They aren't gonna be happy
    with me...

She supposes she should apologize, but she really doesn't know who she should apologize to.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    (The Classroom)

Sawada's sudden appearance briefly startles Kenzan. "Well so much for keeping things secret." On the one hand, someone offering answers to the questions he seeks is pretty convenient. On the other hand, it's almost too convenient. Kenzan is torn on whether to trust Sawada or not, but one thing's for certain, his offer is certainly the most interesting.

(Suburbia)

Miko hears the tapping of the window. Curiosity overrides fear for the moment. It could be a bird or a stranded cat or something for all she knows. The presence the being inside her feels still frightens her, but that's why she's looking before she opens the window.

((Assuming Hayato is still in gigai))

She sees a strange man outside her window tapping on it, and understandably starts to freak out. She hasn't screamed for help... yet, but she might soon unless Hayato does something to calm her down.

Soul Society
    (Combat Division)

Eri has to wait a good long time for a response as Kiba looks over the new vice-captain, sizing him up. Kiba doesn't bow in response, mostly because such the point of such formalities and niceties still eluded him. "If you're Security, then the only thing you need to know about the Combat Division is this: You stay out of our way and we'll stay out of yours." Kiba's not very good at the whole first impression thing.

Hueco Mundo
    (The Arena)

The blade cuts into Karasu's flesh. The wound is suffered, but Karasu doesn't so much as flinch. His lunge following through, Karasu does a U-Turn in the air for another pass. This time, as he gets closer to Azmus, he spins his body in a corkscrew, the scythe becoming a whirling blade around him as he tries to strike Azmus again.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mortal World (Suburbia)

Miko hears the tapping of the window. Curiosity overrides fear for the moment. It could be a bird or a stranded cat or something for all she knows. The presence the being inside her feels still frightens her, but that's why she's looking before she opens the window.

((Assuming Hayato is still in gigai))

She sees a strange man outside her window tapping on it, and understandably starts to freak out. She hasn't screamed for help... yet, but she might soon unless Hayato does something to calm her down.
    Hayato raises his hands in the air in a submissive motion trying his best to appear pacifist. He calming responds to her choosing what he says carefully.
    I know what your thinking, but don't freak out. I'm a friend, someone with a Spiritual Presence like yourself.
    Hayato continues to leave his hands out in the open to prevent Miko from thinking of him anymore suspicious than a random guy sitting on the side of your roof already is.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Hayato raises his hands in the air in a submissive motion trying his best to appear pacifist. He calming responds to her choosing what he says carefully.
    I know what your thinking, but don't freak out. I'm a friend, someone with a Spiritual Presence like yourself.
    Hayato continues to leave his hands out in the open to prevent Miko from thinking of him anymore suspicious than a random guy sitting on the side of your roof already is.
    The strange man is trying to say something through the closed window. Miko is still highly suspicious, but at the very least she wants to know what he has to say. He could just be a random stranger asking for directions...

...by tapping on the bedroom window of a high school student.

Just to be safe, she grabs a can of pepper spray, trying to conceal it in case she's attacked. She cracks open the window, enough that the two could at least talk, but tries to keep her distance in case the figure tries to attack her.

"What do you want?"

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

The strange man is trying to say something through the closed window. Miko is still highly suspicious, but at the very least she wants to know what he has to say. He could just be a random stranger asking for directions...

...by tapping on the bedroom window of a high school student.

Just to be safe, she grabs a can of pepper spray, trying to conceal it in case she's attacked. She cracks open the window, enough that the two could at least talk, but tries to keep her distance in case the figure tries to attack her.

"What do you want?"
    Hayato ponders on the question briefly. What was he actually here for? His initial intention when he discovered she had a Hollow essence in her was to purge it. Now however, he sees this girl at the moment as more a curiosity, then a potential threat to be purged. The thought even came to mind of this mortal girl potentially being an. It had been far too long since his exile that he has had someone he could call an ally.

At the moment though he focused his mind on more calculated careful conversational responses to this girl. Hayato does make note that the girl reached for something, before opening the window, but has no idea what since she's now concealing behind her person. He pays it no mind though as he continues.
    What do I want? Well...you could say that I'm here on a bit of a whim. This might be a bit hard to believe, but I'm a Spiritual Being. Something tells me you may be familiar with this terminology.
    Hayato still has his hands raised to maintain the idea that he's not there to attack her.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Hayato ponders on the question briefly. What was he actually here for? His initial intention when he discovered she had a Hollow essence in her was to purge it. Now however, he sees this girl at the moment as more a curiosity, then a potential threat to be purged. The thought even came to mind of this mortal girl potentially being an. It had been far too long since his exile that he has had someone he could call an ally.

At the moment though he focused his mind on more calculated careful conversational responses to this girl. Hayato does make note that the girl reached for something, before opening the window, but has no idea what since she's now concealing behind her person. He pays it no mind though as he continues.
    What do I want? Well...you could say that I'm here on a bit of a whim. This might be a bit hard to believe, but I'm a Spiritual Being. Something tells me you may be familiar with this terminology.
    Hayato still has his hands raised to maintain the idea that he's not there to attack her.
    Miko shakes her head in confusion to what Hayato's saying. Apparently the term 'Spiritual Being' does not ring a bell to her (or for that matter, to the presence inside her, but the presence isn't really involved right now). She grips the pepper spray just in case.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hayato squints his eyes a little. The fact she apparently doesn't surprise him all that much, because its very likely no one else has ever called it that to her. He decides to take a different perhaps more personally familiar approach for the girl.
    Hmmm...I see well let me ask you something?
    He pauses briefly before continuing, thinking back to the alleyway from earlier today. Its his only real bet at. All or nothing.
    Did you perhaps run into an..."entity" that you may seen, possibly communicated with today in an alleyway. An entity that has a rather voracious appetite for humans.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    (Suburbia)

Miko's eyes widen as the stranger describes exactly what she didn't want anyone to know. "N-no! You're wrong! I don't know what you're talking about!" She starts to tremble, including her hand with the concealed pepper spray as she involuntarily starts to back away from the window. Clearly she does know what Hayato's talking about, and that Hayato hit the nail on the head.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mortal World
    (Suburbia)

Miko's eyes widen as the stranger describes exactly what she didn't want anyone to know. "N-no! You're wrong! I don't know what you're talking about!" She starts to tremble, including her hand with the concealed pepper spray as she involuntarily starts to back away from the window. Clearly she does know what Hayato's talking about, and that Hayato hit the nail on the head.
    Hayato smirks for a brief instant, its clear that he's successfully jogged her memory on at least something regarding Hollows. He stays where he was just outside the window his hands still out in the open and clearly unarmed.
    I see. Looks like you may know a little something about this entity then you're letting on. However, my intention here is not to accuse you of lying. In fact I'm more surprised by the fact that you appeared to have come into contact with this "entity" that us Spirtiual Beings call Hollows and that you appeared to have been unharmed by it.
    He pauses for a moment considering to mention this additional part before continuing.
    You know considering that there must have been another individual in that alleyway at the time who wasn't so lucky.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Soul Society
    (Suburbia)

"He was a bad man!" she says accusingly before realizing her mistake and clamming up again.

Really bad at lying, it seems.

She's edging towards the door.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mortal World Suburbia - Miko Residence Roofside

Hook, Line, & Sinker. If Hayato was still upholding all his old moral obligations as a Shinigami he'd have no qualms about capturing or killing her at this point. However, that was the old Hayato he thinks to himself.

The man chuckles a little as he notice Miko clam up at her slip of the tongue as Hayato adjusts himself now leaning on the windowsill, his chin resting on the top of his hands.
    There's a saying you Mortals use at times like this. "Loose Lips, Sink Ships" is how I believe it goes. Fortunately, for you I'm not a Cop, and there isn't any evidence anymore to suggest that you were responsible. I think you'll get off scotch-free.
    Hayato starts to take notice of Miko edging for the door.
    If your going to run now, I won't stop you or anything. I just figured you'd be curious though of how I knew about you and your..."gift". I'm sure you do have some questions at the very least regarding who I am and what that Hollow is assuming it doesn't already talk to you.

If Miko does decide to bolt Hayato will simply shake his head and vacate the local area. He'll make it look as if he were never there.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2013-03-27 at 04:23 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

Spoiler
    Show
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Lakeside

A lake in the middle of a desert. How quaint. Mikael follows his guide with nary a thought, getting his feet wet is a minor concern after all that's happened. Though, if he wanted, he could just walk on it. Mikael notes there don't seem to be any rivers or brooks flowing into the body of water. "Where does the water come from? It doesn't look like it's spring water. Did...", the mortal stops to weigh his words, "Did you perhaps bring it all here?"

As he steps into the inky liquid, Mikael tunes his senses and tries to listen to its voice. Maybe there's something to be gathered from hearing what it has to say...
    [Hueco Mundo]
    The Lake

Jehoel does not turn back to answer Mikael's question.

"I created this place, yes. When I was younger, and believed that grand shows of strength were meaningful."

The water's voice is unlike anything Mikael has ever heard before. It speaks of absolute strength and arrogance; an eternal existence which has known only supremacy. A predator beyond all predators. The water speaks as though it is this overwhelmingly strong being, even though it obviously is not.

After a time, Jehoel and Mikael reach the island at the center of the lake. Jehoel leads Mikael into a cave, through a short passage which quickly widens into a rounded chamber. There are only three features of any real significance in the room; a large, rough-looking throne at the center, a cot pushed up against one wall, and a simple writing desk and chair pushed up against the other. Additionally, along the sides of the room there are a number of protrusions that could serve as seats. Jehoel strides to one of these and sits down.

"Have a seat, or lie down if you wish."

26. - Top - End - #266

Soul Society
    (Combat Division)

Eri has to wait a good long time for a response as Kiba looks over the new vice-captain, sizing him up. Kiba doesn't bow in response, mostly because such the point of such formalities and niceties still eluded him. "If you're Security, then the only thing you need to know about the Combat Division is this: You stay out of our way and we'll stay out of yours." Kiba's not very good at the whole first impression thing.
    Eri frowns.
    "I don't think that is the best idea Kiba-san. Seireitei is already lacking as it is, we need to work together as much as possible in order to keep it safe. Our divisions are the strength of Soul Society. Your people protect it from outside forces, while mine protects it from any threat that manages to get in. It is imperative that there is open communication between our divisions."
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267

[Soul Society]
    S.S.I.

As Suou arrives in the S.S.I. proper, she looks around and inhales deeply. "Looks like I was wrong," she then says to herself. It reminds her, a little, of home, when she would go out with her mother.

Suou Nicole follows the Oni to the tower.

She sees the Grand Sorcerer, and gives a bow of respect as soon as she enters the room. "Hello," she says, before quickly sitting.

"..."
    She doesn't know what to say.

[Mortal Realm]
    Suburbs

Oh; maybe it will start raining soon, Miya figures. Too bad she didn't watch the weather this morning. She would have brought an umbrella.
    In any case, Miya nods and runs back home.

Upon arriving home, she turns on several lights in three rooms, to give the appearance that there's actually more people at home, she turns on the TV, and then the computer (to see some of these Judo moves), and begins her warm-up routine.

She leaves the slip of paper in her room, on her dresser.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Recon Headquarters

The unseated trooper shuffles nervously. The captain looks like a child about to be scolded by her parents, but stating that aloud would cause all sorts of trouble. "Maybe you should meet with one of them after familiarizing yourself with the report, taichou-sama?", the trooper suggests, hoping to ot overstep any boundaries.

---

[Hueco Mundo]
    Jehoel's Island

"I see", Mikael mumbles as a reply. Jehoel perhaps doesn't even realize how much he is telling of himself in that single sentence. His words offer Mikael precious context for the strange whisperings of the lake.

The whole area is a testament of pride. Only way Jehoel could've made it more blatant is if he'd made a statue of himself. The way in which Jehoel spoke of hollows earlier makes much more sense now. Mikael is certain now that once, he was what he called a "Vasto Lorde", top of the foodchain in this strange world.

But apparently, something must have happend to off-set that pride. It explains the disparaging choice of words he used of Hollows and the White Devil. For the rest of their journey across the lake, Mikael's eyes stay fixed on Jehoel's back. He is beginning to suspect that before him is a man who has walked to the end of the path that he was beginning to tread.

As they get into the cave and Mikael sees the throne, he would raise an eyebrow if he still could. Instead, he snorts. "Lord of the Wastes", indeed. "... to be completely honest, I'm surprised you haven't destroyed this place. It's what I would've done", the mortal remarks as he sits down. His eyes wander around the small space, looking for containers of any sort.

"You don't happen to have any medical supplies here? I'm not sure how long this shell of mine will hold me together." The mortal leans his head on his hands, resuming watching Jehoel. "How do supernatural creatures like us heal in the first place? It's not a question I've had to think of previously."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    (Suburbia)

"You're... you're one of the bad men, aren't you? One of those creeps in black cloaks. Cutie Pie warned me about you people." There she goes inadvertantly giving away more information than she realizes.

Soul Society
    (Combat Division)

Kiba isn't certain how much of what Eri says is rhetoric and how much is authentic. "I don't need interference when I have to get my already low number of troops to set up a perimeter to defend all of Soul Society." The Combat Division and Internal Security did not have a history of getting along well in the past, even worse than the relationship between Combat and the SSI. At least those two could complement each other. In Kiba's eyes, Internal Security only existed to make things more difficult with paperwork and the like. "If it's as you say, then there's no reason for us to communicate. We're busy with the outside. You're busy with the inside."

30. - Top - End - #270

Spoiler
    Show
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Jehoel's Island

"I see", Mikael mumbles as a reply. Jehoel perhaps doesn't even realize how much he is telling of himself in that single sentence. His words offer Mikael precious context for the strange whisperings of the lake.

The whole area is a testament of pride. Only way Jehoel could've made it more blatant is if he'd made a statue of himself. The way in which Jehoel spoke of hollows earlier makes much more sense now. Mikael is certain now that once, he was what he called a "Vasto Lorde", top of the foodchain in this strange world.

But apparently, something must have happened to off-set that pride. It explains the disparaging choice of words he used of Hollows and the White Devil. For the rest of their journey across the lake, Mikael's eyes stay fixed on Jehoel's back. He is beginning to suspect that before him is a man who has walked to the end of the path that he was beginning to tread.

As they get into the cave and Mikael sees the throne, he would raise an eyebrow if he still could. Instead, he snorts. "Lord of the Wastes", indeed. "... to be completely honest, I'm surprised you haven't destroyed this place. It's what I would've done", the mortal remarks as he sits down. His eyes wander around the small space, looking for containers of any sort.

"You don't happen to have any medical supplies here? I'm not sure how long this shell of mine will hold me together." The mortal leans his head on his hands, resuming watching Jehoel. "How do supernatural creatures like us heal in the first place? It's not a question I've had to think of previously."
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Jehoel's Sea

Jehoel shrugs at Mikael's prompting about the place's destruction.

"Why bother? This place is meaningless."

The sentence reveals more of Jehoel. Whatever regrets he may have about building this place, they simply do not compare to the power of his apathy.

"Regardless, this place serves a practical purpose. It represents power to those who are not worth my time. It has warded off many who would have tried to claim my head."

There is a slight, almost unnoticeable emphasis on the word "tried." At Mikael's mention of medical supplies, however, Jehoel shifts in his seat, leaning forward.

"I'm afraid there is no 'us' in this. A Hollow can simply regenerate injuries, to a variable degree. You, however, are an unknown."

Jehoel pauses.

"Tell me, what can you do? We may be able to find a way for you to heal yourself."