New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default PTA Rebirth of Legends

Professor Oak had gotten on in the last few years, but he was still well respected if not a little lost in his work. With the fact he had heard back so little from his grandson in the past year he worried for the boy and only knew he was still safe by the reports of his pokedex as it continued to send back data. The past few days he had been worried about something else though, looking back to three cases he sighed awaiting the arrival of the trainers he hoped he could trust with such a powerful assignment.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: PTA Rebirth of Legends

Hale wandered down the street, looking for the lab. He'd been hoping for something like this that might give him a little direction, and maybe give him a boost in the trainer world: there were lots of trainers, but surely only a few could make the claim of working for Professor Oak himself.

Lelith sat on his shoulder, observing the cosy little village, not unlike their own, and pleasantly content with her trainer and her life.

Hale found the lab, and knocked on the door, waiting to be let in, and curious about what was to come.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Chekhov strolled through the quaint little pallet town like just another kid and that his how he liked no fuss no attention just an average Joe with an abnormally heavy backpack constantly reminding him that he is just a bit more than average.

He had come to pallet due to an invitation from professor Oak the thought of meeting the famous professor, and the hope that there was a light possibility that might be able to help with Soyuz's condition made it too good of an opportunity to pass up.

as he enters what he assumes is the lab he asks the first person he sees "excuse me is this the poke'lab? I have an invitation to meet with professor Oak"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Akane Yagami

The walk from Mount Silver to Pallet Town had been very long and tiring. But it was most definitely worth it. Exhaling deeply, she let her eyes gaze around to take in all of the new scenery and faces around her. She had expected it to be different yes; but a bit of shock from the change had still hit her all the same. "Get a grip ..." She murmured, shaking her head, causing her bound braid of raven hair to move from side to side, finally landing against her back. It didn't take long for her eyes to finally rest upon her destination; the lab.

She had been ready to knock before noting the door already open with two others already there. Putting her wrists behind her back and holding them there, she waited to be let inside. Just the interior from what she could gather hinted she had gone to the correct place and from that alone, she was pretty sure this was the right destination. Giving the other trainers and individuals already inside a respectful bow of her head, Akane continued silently waiting.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The professor stands and walks out, "Yes? Oh yes so good to see you all my friends' The professor moves to let the other outside into the lab. "I'm so glad you could all make it, now we're just waiting on a few others."
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kamina standing in the street looking at a sheet of paper with a address on it and looking at the buildings to see if he could find the one he was looking for. Beside him a drilbur is looking at the buildings trying to help find the lab where there supposed to meet the professor. The drilbur then looks up at Kamina with a look like he doesn't know where he's going. Hey HEY! Don't give me that look that look i know exactly where we are going. Drilbur keeps the look on his face knowing he is lying. Kamina looks at the paper again and a sweatdrop goes down his face. Drilbur throws his arms up in the air as a sign that he gives up and walks over to a bench and sits down. Kamina sits next to him and relaxes a little and throws his head back. He notices a big building behind him and sits up and takes a better look. He looks at the address and back at the paper. He switch's between looking at the two for a few seconds. Hey partner i think i found it. Drilbur perks up looks at Kamina and looks at where he is looking and see's the lab and gets excited. Ha see i knew exactly where we were. Who the hell do you think i am? Drilbur looks back at Kamina knowing he is full of it and jumps down on the bench and walks towards the lab not waiting on him. Hey wait up partner! They both walk up to the front of the lab and go in. Excuse me i have a invitation from prof oak.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Akane Yagami

The consent and confirmation was all the martial artist needed to hear. Letting the others walk in first, she followed behind. Keeping her wrists behind her, she leaned gently against one of the walls. Her eyes silently went to the other trainers, trying to size them up as both individuals and trainers. Her thoughts got interrupted after another soon arrived, making her repeat the same process for a while before her gaze shifted to in front of her though not necessarily at anything or anyone. No one seemed as if they had actually trained themselves in quite the same way she had. Though honestly, the more she thought on that, she'd be a bit more astounded if she had met anyone like that. Few people took on that road for good reasons. Giving herself a slow nod, she finally met the Professor's eyes again. Keeping her hands rested upon her tonfas, her eyes seemed to ask what she wouldn't let leave her lips. So this is about what now? Let's begin to hear .... assuming all are present that is ....
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Just then, a young lad flies in on the back of a glossy green scyther.

"Apologies for being late. Reginald got hungry and insisted he stop to eat."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Oak nodded looking at all the trainers. "I think there was one more but we can catch him up when he gets here, now this is the problem." He walks over retrieving three clothe covered objects, from the forms you can see they are cylindrical containers of some sort. "Now this is very important so please, I believe I can trust you all with this secret." Pulling the cloths back he reveals 3 incubation chambers each holding a separate egg within them. The first was Bright red with a almost magma like coating of flames dancing over it. The second emitted a light from itself and fired sparks against the insulated interior of the incubator. The last was the most difficult to see through the amount o frost and condensation on the glass, but a blue egg shone like a gem within it. "These are the reasons I called you all here."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"Those kind of look like pokemon eggs, but no eggs act like that. What are they?" Sulu asks.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Professor Oak laughs, "That's exactly what they are my dear boy." he smiles and continues, "But these are just not any eggs, these are three very special eggs." he pulls out a calendar, "A few months ago the weather around the Kanto region erupted in violent storms and hot and cold climates running wild, we knew something was off and we found out what it was. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres had died." he motioned to the eggs. "We found a nest at each of their usual locations and found these in them. It is a theory, but we believe these eggs were laid just before their deaths, a form of reproduction akin to a Phoenix if you would."

12. - Top - End - #12

Akane Yagami

Her head tilted lightly in disbelief. The names he had just mentioned of said Pokemon ... were they not gods? Or the closest damn thing to them at least? Just thinking of such Pokemon passing away was ... scary honestly. How? What had done them in? Few things that may have made sense came into her mind, making a light shudder trail down her spine. The words echoed a few more times in her head before her gaze went down to the eggs slowly.

"....Are you suggesting we ... take care of those?" She finally asked softly, moving strands of her hair behind her ears. Between the explanation he just gave and the fact he had shown them all these eggs, she couldn't think of much more reason why they'd be told and allowed to see all they had otherwise. Or ... had she missed something else completely somehow?
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kamina looks at the strange eggs and tries not to look confused. He has no idea who these pokemon the professor is talking about. But he figures if they leave eggs like this behind then they have to be something crazy powerful.
    Just curious but how did they die, or have you not been able to find out?
    Last edited by Yukikage; 2012-09-17 at 02:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Chekhov leaned forward and looked closely at the 3 eggs and scratched his chin with curiosity. Each egg appeared to him as a marvel of nature even the containers were technological masterpieces to be able to totally contain the power emanating from their contents. Chekhov then realized the hand he was scratching his chin with had a cold metallic feeling "sigh... I'm doing it again aren't I?" he whispered to himself as he looked down and found both his hands in his pockets and his mechanical arm from his bag resting a few inches below his face. He quickly makes the gesture to withdraw the arm which quickly slips back into his backpack and whistles innocently to himself hoping nobody saw.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

"We don't know what did them in, we just know that they died. Unfortunately we can't hatch these eggs, we've been trying for weeks, months in fact. He sighs and continues, "Thanks to Professor Elm's research we found that eggs only mature when traveling with trainers or with their parents. I think it's fair to say the latter is not an option. That's why I called you all here"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Chekhov does a quick head count "It appears you've called more than 3 trainers am I right in assuming the situation is to delicate to simply toss a trainer an egg to go globe trekking with?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

"Indeed, with the problems that people have been having with Pokemon thieves and the like around here, I worry what would happen if they gained control over any of these." He cleared his throat before continuing. "Of course these Pokemon will be wild once born so it will be a chore to handle them afterwards, I must ask that you do not try to capture them."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

"so you want us to hatch and raise 3 pokemon that are the very embodiment of the forces of nature." Chekhov thought for a moment. could this be real? and why me? why would the professor leave what could be the fate of the world in the hands of a few trainers he hadn't even met before today? he finally decided to ask "how did you come to choose us? surly there are more powerful trainers in the world that the eggs would be safe with. I'd imagine even members of the elite 4 would be willing to take a leave of absence from their posts to do this considering all that is at stake"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-17 at 03:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'd love to think that as well but something's happened as of late. The Indigo Plateau is in lock down and Gym leaders have their own obligations. I'd ask the ex-champion Lance but no one knows where he disappeared off to. He sat with a puzzled look as he thought over hte other questions. "Also those trainers have been on their journeys already, a fresh new journey for these eggs will be good for them since it will be the first time they are experiencing Kanto's sights as well."

((OOC: That and seriously Oak gives children each year vicous animals to go off into the wilderness with to fill a talking Kindle with a camera of dangerous wild life, I don't think he's the best to ask for logic.))

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"Just to be with them, to meet these legendary pokemon face to face would be grand. Such rarities should not be removed from this world. Though I'm not sure I'm ready, I'd be honored to take up this task."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well if the professor believes we are the best option to successfully bring these creatures back then that's good enough for me." he then says to the professor "I accept the task laid before me"

22. - Top - End - #22

Akane Yagami

Now as opposed to the previous thoughts repeating in her mind, it was the revelation of what Professor Oak had revealed doing so. The concept alone - to take care of something so precious - would be interesting to say the least. She didn't know as much as she probably could or should; but enough to feel confident within herself. And the others had made it very clear that the Professor had more than enough faith in all of them as well to entrust this task to them of all people which, when she thought more on it, was quite the honor. Swallowing a bit nervously, she gave a slow nod. "I too am willing to accept this task." She finally answered, speaking up again as she noted whom else had agreed to do so.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"Excellent, I'll get everything ready for you then." He walks off to retrieve his inventions, the Pokedex, bringing back 1 to each of the trainers. "These have been modified to include a phone system so you can contact me as well as a camera."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"Is there anything specific you want us to do or should we just pretend that nothing extraordinary has happened and go about our pokemon journey as if nothing has happened?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

He shakes his head "Just go about your journey as normal, the gym leader in Viridian might be able to help you learn a bit more on these eggs if not your Pokemon in general." He smiled, and seemed quite pleased with his choices of you all.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Chekhov looks at the new pokedex he had been waiting for this opertunity for along time and he knew exactly what he was going to do. So he starts pressing buttons, and a good bit of clicking, beebing, scrolling text, and flashing lights later he...
    • modified the phone system's transceiver to double as a poke'radar
    • Turned the camera flash into a flashlight
    • Increased battery life
    • Added a wireless link to his arms computer and sensors

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: the last 2 things are basically fluff cause listing only 2 things is lame

27. - Top - End - #27

Akane Yagami

Putting her new Pokedex away, she gave a bow of her head to the Professor. As a thought came to her head, she looked to the others. "Anyone have a preference whom carries which by chance?" She would volunteer to keep one though she wouldn't lie to herself; the idea just in her mind made her pretty damn nervous. She trusted herself, sure but ... her past often had ways of catching up and because of that, it made her unsure of holding such a powerful item. Then again, so many years had passed since those times. Maybe she should go through with keeping one if nothing else, to prove to herself she has improved since then? Continuing to silently mull on the idea, she waited to first see if anyone wanted an opportunity first.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"I will take the responsibility for one. Reginald and I can, in a worst-case scenario, take the egg and likely flee without getting caught. He's big enough to carry me and is rather powerful on his own. The energetic one intrigues me the most, if no one minds."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Hunter

The attire Hunter had chosen today was a simple, unassuming suit of a polo, pants, and shoes built for travel; without knowing how long he'd have to go to find the Professor's lab, the boy dressed light, and beside him a very proud and content Umbreon strode unhindered by any tether. Every once in a while the creature stopped to sniff the air and ground, only to change its directory slightly, and with it, the trainer that walked along with it, followed dutifully.

It took a few moments, but after countless times of getting lost, the duo arrived. While the Pokemon seemed perfectly fit—it even barked its name in jubilation at their arrival—the trainer, however, would have been found panting from exhaustion, whose expression quickly changed into one of severe perplexity. ”Sorry I'm late!” With a voice that was clearly lacking water. ”What'd I miss? In cliff notes if possible?”

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Before the newcomer arrives Chekhov says "Soyuz has a hollow prosthetic we can use to hide one of the eggs in safely if we fill the empty spaces with shielding and shock absorbers. I would prefer it be the zapdos egg."
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-17 at 06:25 PM.