New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIV: Fish Felreed, and the Reed Pond fish

So far I am having fun with my marksman hunter level grinding. Everything I hunt dies in 2 shots, an aimed shot crit for 85% of the mobs life, followed by an arcane shot and boom. Most of the time my pet doesnt even reach the damn mob before its dead. And he has no problem holding the mobs attention for those rare quests where I cant insta gib the mobs. I just finished killing these rock giants in shadowmoon valley in tbc for a quest. Giant elite buggers. Maybe when this changes I will respec, but right now I am a reformed beast mastery spec hunter and proud of it.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    BM is the highest hunter spec.
    Any idea what a good rotation(and what a good choice of pet would be) for one is then?
    I have one, but haven't been able to break 15k using his BM spec
    Well, what is your level? If you're 90 that's a bit worrying. BM is the top single-target dps spec, but survival is better for aoe fights. BM is also best for soloing, usually. Pet choice does not matter much since you can spec any pet for ferocity (all pets do the exact same damage), but if you're soloing you want to use a pet that has the best buffs for you. Petopia is a great pet guide. Here's a good chart for what pets give what buffs. Since critical strike is your best stat as a BM hunter, you should go for a pet that gives a crit bonus (wolf, quilen, water strider, or devilsaur). Quilen also give you a battle res, devilsaurs give a mortal strike (reduced healing ability), and water striders also give a spellpower boost and let you walk on water. Since you're BM, these will be better choices than the wolf depending on what you're doing.

Hunters don't have a rotation so much as a priority. Your priority focuses mostly on doing as much pet damage as you can, since you are a master of beasts and your pet's damage is going to be very, very high (usually more damage than you're doing, actually). Before I go over rotation, here's your stat priority: Agility > Hit/Exp (7.5% each) > critical strike > haste => mastery (mastery and haste are very close, choose one and stick with it for the greatest benefit). Make sure to spec for dire beast and glaive toss. Lynx rush also will do more damage than blink strike, in general. Priority for spells is as follows:

1. Keep Serpent Sting applied (either by casting it or using cobra shot, and due to cobra shot this will only need to be applied directly once a fight, usually)
    2. Kill command on cooldown (very important, stop whatever you're doing and make sure you cast this on cooldown)
    3. Kill shot when the target is below 20%
    4. Focus fire when your pet gets 5 stacks of frenzy (the ability will light up at this point, should be obvious)
    5. Dire beast on cooldown
    6. Glaive Toss on cooldown
    7. Arcane shot with any excess focus, make sure you don't use too many arcane shots that you won't have enough focus for kill command, so this is usually only used when you have 60+ focus
    8. Cobra shot when none of the above are viable, in order to regain focus and keep serpent sting up

For AoE fights, spam multi-shot and kill shot, using cobra shot to keep your focus up. Whenever you use multi-shot, your pet does aoe damage.

Cooldowns:

Use Bestial Wrath on cooldown (when it makes sense, as outlined below), as well as using rapid fire/stampede/lynx rush/rabid whenever available. Stacking these doesn't necessarily help much (don't stack rapid fire and bestial wrath since this is actually a dps loss compared to using them separately). Also, don't use focus fire when bestial wrath is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    I have an Un'Goro crater dino as my current pet (the big elite guy that stomps around the zone and kills everybody). My rotation is Hunter's Mark -> Blink Attack for my pet -> Kill Command -> Serpent Sting (I think that's the one) -> Arcane Shot until kill shot lights -> Kill Shot. If I'm fighting an elite, there's a spell whose name escapes me that essentially enrages my pet (he turns red and grows in size). I pop that right after Kill Command. Also for elites, any time Blink Attack is off cool down, I use it -- 600% damage is nothing to sneeze at. If Kill Command comes off cooldown before the mob dies, I also use that again. And finally, whenever Focus Fire pops, I also activate it.

I'm in quest greens and blues, level 89, and doing about 19K DPS right now.
    See above, use kill command AFTER bestial wrath (the "get big and red" ability, since it increases pet damage and kill command is an ability your pet does). You want to use as many kill commands during a bestial wrath as possible. I would macro for it, like so:

#showtooltip bestial wrath
    /use bestial wrath
    /use kill command

Bestial wrath is not on the GCD, so there should be no issues. After you press this button (only pressing when kill command is off cooldown), make sure to use kill command as soon as it's off cooldown again.

I would also get the glyph of Marked for Death so you don't need to apply hunter's mark (in 5.2 this is a baseline ability).

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    So far I am having fun with my marksman hunter level grinding. Everything I hunt dies in 2 shots, an aimed shot crit for 85% of the mobs life, followed by an arcane shot and boom. Most of the time my pet doesnt even reach the damn mob before its dead. And he has no problem holding the mobs attention for those rare quests where I cant insta gib the mobs. I just finished killing these rock giants in shadowmoon valley in tbc for a quest. Giant elite buggers. Maybe when this changes I will respec, but right now I am a reformed beast mastery spec hunter and proud of it.
    Unfortunately, while marksman has great burst and can be a lot of fun for leveling, it lacks the ability to kill large groups of enemies as easily as BM or Survival and the dps at 90 is subpar.
    Last edited by Vaynor; 2013-01-07 at 06:16 PM.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

3. - Top - End - #363
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Zherog, the dps difference might have something to do with BM being the highest dps hunter spec and arcane being the lowest dps mage spec at the moment.

Huh? Since the Hotfixes, Arcane is the top Mage spec in raids. I have no idea about leveling (though any tips for leveling I'd appreciate. I'm leveling a mage as a companion to my brother's Paladin), but Arcane is not the lowest spec by any measure.

Golden Lotus is the poor example. It gets picked on a lot. And I'm right there with you, I think gating the other reputations behind GL rep was a bit silly. But we'll start with GL for now. You hit friendly? Have some regular quests that have to do with the Mogu and what they're up to. Honored? Some more story unlocks, and so on. It creates an episodic method of story telling, and it works rather well. It even works with the progression of the struggle.
    Golden Lotus was honestly the only rep I hated. I'm exalted with all of the reps, and maxed them all out asap (finished before 5.1/commendation release), not for raiding (I started the expansion a month late, and am being casual for the foreseeable future, restricting myself to LFR and a PUG raid once in a blue moon if I see someone recruiting and I have nothing better to do), but just because. Golden Lotus irritated me for one reason. It had 3 times more quests than any other daily hub, but gave 1/3 the rep reward to compensate. It was arranged such that it would take the same number of days as other reps to max out (maybe longer), but require 3x more actual time investment.

If the rep rewards had been between 300 and 500 like the other hubs, and let us finish the rep off that much faster, I would have had no problem with it at all. As it is, I still go back and do those quests when I am short on valor, because the high number of quests is a benefit for that purpose (more quests = more valor, and a chance at a skyshard to boot). But when you are trying to get a rep maxed, feeling like it is arbitrarily slowed down is wrong.

As an aside, I really loved Operation Shieldwall. I loved the story bits interspaced with the regular dailies. I think things may have moved a little too fast past revered, because of the commendations, I don't think they really planned on that. I went roughly a week from neutral to revered, then like 2 days from revered to exalted thanks to all the story bits gaining rep.

Edit: Regarding leveling DPS, fwiw I think about that the 19k being discussed is average at level 89. My recount for tonight's play session (last 30% of level 89->90 on my Paladin) showed 20,500 overall. Yesterday I did a run of MSP on that same character, and in the group not needing to worry about healing myself and being able to consistently keep up Inquisition, I averaged 30k overall (and even hit similar numbers on boss fights, so it's not like I was just aoeing everything for big damage boosts)
    Last edited by Seerow; 2013-01-07 at 11:34 PM.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

4. - Top - End - #364

Unfortunately, while marksman has great burst and can be a lot of fun for leveling, it lacks the ability to kill large groups of enemies as easily as BM or Survival and the dps at 90 is subpar.
    I agree somewhat. Killing groups isnt that hard, especially if you grab that talent that procs 3 free arcane shots in a row, you can burn down insane amounts of mobs. You can kill the first in the group before the rest can even turn around, tab to the next and start spamming arcane shot. Once the effect procs you are on easy street and can burn down everything. I dont know if this is still the case in say, pandaria, (I doubt it) but so far, up to the end of tbc its holding true. I have been buried under swarms of mobs before, but I always end up underneath a solid pile of corpses first. (Honestly, I have to feign death so rarely I often forget I even have the skill lol)

Its not a matter of sustained dps, because you dont NEED to sustain dps. Everything dies before you hit the 5th second on the damage meter. But yeah, I fully expect I will be switching to bm when I hit pandaria. We will see how wotlk goes first.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well, what is your level? If you're 90 that's a bit worrying. BM is the top single-target dps spec, but survival is better for aoe fights. BM is also best for soloing, usually. Pet choice does not matter much since you can spec any pet for ferocity (all pets do the exact same damage), but if you're soloing you want to use a pet that has the best buffs for you. Petopia is a great pet guide. Here's a good chart for what pets give what buffs. Since critical strike is your best stat as a BM hunter, you should go for a pet that gives a crit bonus (wolf, quilen, water strider, or devilsaur). Quilen also give you a battle res, devilsaurs give a mortal strike (reduced healing ability), and water striders also give a spellpower boost and let you walk on water. Since you're BM, these will be better choices than the wolf depending on what you're doing.

Hunters don't have a rotation so much as a priority. Your priority focuses mostly on doing as much pet damage as you can, since you are a master of beasts and your pet's damage is going to be very, very high (usually more damage than you're doing, actually). Before I go over rotation, here's your stat priority: Agility > Hit/Exp (7.5% each) > critical strike > haste => mastery (mastery and haste are very close, choose one and stick with it for the greatest benefit). Make sure to spec for dire beast and glaive toss. Lynx rush also will do more damage than blink strike, in general. Priority for spells is as follows:

1. Keep Serpent Sting applied (either by casting it or using cobra shot, and due to cobra shot this will only need to be applied directly once a fight, usually)
    2. Kill command on cooldown (very important, stop whatever you're doing and make sure you cast this on cooldown)
    3. Kill shot when the target is below 20%
    4. Focus fire when your pet gets 5 stacks of frenzy (the ability will light up at this point, should be obvious)
    5. Dire beast on cooldown
    6. Glaive Toss on cooldown
    7. Arcane shot with any excess focus, make sure you don't use too many arcane shots that you won't have enough focus for kill command, so this is usually only used when you have 60+ focus
    8. Cobra shot when none of the above are viable, in order to regain focus and keep serpent sting up

For AoE fights, spam multi-shot and kill shot, using cobra shot to keep your focus up. Whenever you use multi-shot, your pet does aoe damage.

Cooldowns:

Use Bestial Wrath on cooldown (when it makes sense, as outlined below), as well as using rapid fire/stampede/lynx rush/rabid whenever available. Stacking these doesn't necessarily help much (don't stack rapid fire and bestial wrath since this is actually a dps loss compared to using them separately). Also, don't use focus fire when bestial wrath is active.

See above, use kill command AFTER bestial wrath (the "get big and red" ability, since it increases pet damage and kill command is an ability your pet does). You want to use as many kill commands during a bestial wrath as possible. I would macro for it, like so:

#showtooltip bestial wrath
    /use bestial wrath
    /use kill command

Bestial wrath is not on the GCD, so there should be no issues. After you press this button (only pressing when kill command is off cooldown), make sure to use kill command as soon as it's off cooldown again.
    Ah, those may be the problems I was having then(I had been spamming arcane shot, and was using a tenacity spec bear, and rarely used kill command)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Good news: I have finally gotten a Cloud Serpent. on the Mount front, its all going strong.

Bad news: I like the warlock class but…it just seems I dunno….not playing well with others? when I get into the BG's, I basically get killed easily, while any time I go into a dungeon, people complain about my low dps. worse, I have played a Mage to 63 and…in comparison the mage seems more playable. I can actually do well with a Mage in PvP, and whatnot.

which makes me sad for some reason. the class I like the most, is the one that seems to be the one thats most ineffective at doing anything outside of soloing mobs.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #367

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Good news: I have finally gotten a Cloud Serpent. on the Mount front, its all going strong.

Bad news: I like the warlock class but…it just seems I dunno….not playing well with others? when I get into the BG's, I basically get killed easily, while any time I go into a dungeon, people complain about my low dps. worse, I have played a Mage to 63 and…in comparison the mage seems more playable. I can actually do well with a Mage in PvP, and whatnot.

which makes me sad for some reason. the class I like the most, is the one that seems to be the one thats most ineffective at doing anything outside of soloing mobs.
    Yeah, i understand that, the few times ive run dungeons with my warlock I feel like im doing crappy dps because im affliction, and it takes TIME for me to deal out dps. Trash pulls die too damn fast for me to really contribute. And I play a warlock because I like my pet and my dots. If I want to nuke I play my mage dammit, so destruction is out.

8. - Top - End - #368

Affliction is currently the highest raid dps in the game. Who cares about 5 man dps? Mobs die fast either way, doesn't matter.

9. - Top - End - #369

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Affliction is currently the highest raid dps in the game. Who cares about 5 man dps? Mobs die fast either way, doesn't matter.
    People who dont raid might care. Noone likes being useless in the area they are playing. Telling my group, "Well, if this was a raid dungeon I would be kicking all your asses" doesnt make me less of a drag on 5 man runs.

10. - Top - End - #370

So on the weekend I changed guilds. I am now once again raiding with some of my friends from Cataclysm, we've been together since Firelands, face-rolling heroics and carrying scrubs to their Legendary sticks, followed by our epic run at Dragon Soul Heroic.
    And I couldn't have picked a better time to change up, it seems.
    Sunday night I made the switch, with the understanding that they were overstaffed on healers, so I might be benchwarming for a while. Which I was fine with, as I would at least be benchwarming/cheerleading with my friends again.

On Monday night I get called in to do progression attempts on Heroic Garajal. Which was awesomely fun. We can survive all the way to the enrage timer, DPS just isn't where it needs to be. We got him to 13% without a Bloodlust, so we might down him this week if our comp improves.
    Also, odds are we probably want to Lust right after the first team comes out of the shadow realm (because then they have that lovely damage buff), and that should probably be all we need really.
    Last night, we started off the week by facerolling ToES in under 30 minutes. I managed to top the meters on 3 of the 4 fights, not bad for someone who is 15 item levels below the other two healers, and only has LFR experience.
    Then we took the rest of our time to full clear Heart of Fear. I think we one shot everything but Amber Shaper and Empress, our wipes on both were entirely attributed to my inexperience with the normal mode mechanics.

When I guild swapped I was at 6/6 2/6 0/4, and now I'm 16/16 normal mode. Boo yeah.

Also, Imaginary Bloodlust is back.
    I've never seen a group of people take to it so fast. I had people calling for it. Acceptance! I can haz!
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

Today was a pretty damn good day. My first two LFR drops (bracers and pants) and some strategically placed JP upgrades brought my ilevel up to 466, so hopefully I can run the last two LFR raids before the next reset. I'm mostly grinding dailies now, I just need one more drop from heroic dungeons (either the first boss from Gate of the Setting Sun or the last boss from Shado'pan Monastery). Getting that tanking expertise cap is a royal pain though, still 2.1k expertise off even after reforging pretty much everything I can. That's the main reason I've only been queueing LFR as DPS, the gear requirements are pretty much identical anyway.

I also finally obtained the polearm from 25 man TotC that I've been hunting down for a month. Most old content might be a piece of cake now, but that aura from Anub'arak that drains 10% HP off the whole raid is still hell on healers. So glad to be done with that place. Technically I still need a belt from that place, but that's low priority now.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

More of a flavor question then anything else;
    anyone know some interesting transmog shields for a knight look or that might go well with the "of heroism" armour set?,
    I have a decent sword for it(folly's edge), but it seems harder to find shields that look good(most I've found either have the appearance of generic, grey, square shields, or have primitive/barbaric looks to them)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of raids, thats also something thats troubling me, for two different reasons:

1: for some reason despite being level 90, I still don't have high enough gear to actually go on a raid, and am stumped as to how I get good enough gear to go on them

2: remember pre-Pandaria raids? well despite never having ran any of them, I want to, because they have a bunch of goodies like titles and mounts in them, but I can't because- Pandaria! no one is raiding the Wrath and Cata stuff anymore, so things like those titles you get from defeating the Lich King and such, you can't get anymore. and trust me, I've tried to solo Icecrown Citadel on my 90, and I could tell that I wouldn't be able to do it just from killing the first two mobs even though I never died.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

2: remember pre-Pandaria raids? well despite never having ran any of them, I want to, because they have a bunch of goodies like titles and mounts in them, but I can't because- Pandaria! no one is raiding the Wrath and Cata stuff anymore, so things like those titles you get from defeating the Lich King and such, you can't get anymore. and trust me, I've tried to solo Icecrown Citadel on my 90, and I could tell that I wouldn't be able to do it just from killing the first two mobs even though I never died.
    This actually depends on your server, some still have fairly common old raids, usually specifically for mounts, titles and transmog gear.
    They do seem more common on low population rp servers(or whatever shu-halo is now...seems to change between "new players" to "locked" at least twice per day)then high population non-rp ones.
    Meow(Steam page)

15. - Top - End - #375

Speaking of raids, thats also something thats troubling me, for two different reasons:

1: for some reason despite being level 90, I still don't have high enough gear to actually go on a raid, and am stumped as to how I get good enough gear to go on them

To get into LFR, go do some heroics and/or do some dailies for valor gear. That will get you gear that is high enough level to get you into the current raids.

For old raids, at level 90 you should be able to solo the vast majority of old content. Anything from Classic or BC should be extremely easy to solo, even with crap gear. The majority of Wrath is doable with decent level gear (around ilvl 480 I solod the entirety of ICC10 except for Dreamwalker and Lich King. The only one that was particularly hard was Blood Queen), or with a group of 2-3 others (Me and a couple friends three manned ICC around ilvl 460-470. We deemed it our favorite scenario).

Edit: FWIW that was on my Warrior. I'm pretty sure any other tank class, or pet class, can do the same thing just as easily or easier. Others may have trouble.

Also just remembered there may be some BC bosses that are problematic. For example the last boss of SCC I remember giving me a lot of trouble because I couldn't get around/kill adds quickly enough to disable all of the beams before she hit 99 stacks of her buff, which made it pretty difficult to survive.
    Last edited by Seerow; 2013-01-09 at 08:21 PM.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

More of a flavor question then anything else;
    anyone know some interesting transmog shields for a knight look or that might go well with the "of heroism" armour set?,
    I have a decent sword for it(folly's edge), but it seems harder to find shields that look good(most I've found either have the appearance of generic, grey, square shields, or have primitive/barbaric looks to them)
    Your description is a bit vague, but...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=4067
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=10364
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=25624
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=47079
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45707

Are any of these anywhere close to what you're looking for? They all match in their own way.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

The glyphed Buckler and King's Bulwark both look exclellent for what I was aiming for, and the Shieldwall of the Breaker is really neat looking in general :D
    Meow(Steam page)

18. - Top - End - #378

On the other hand, if you can find a buddy interested in running the old content you can two man it a lot easier than you could solo.

19. - Top - End - #379

Challenge Modes
    Now that I've joined up with my new guild, the cool people and I have decided that any night where we don't raid, we run Challenge Mode dungeons. Last night a DPS and a Tank didn't show up, so we broke into teams for Challenge Modes.

My team attempted Stormstout Brewery last night. Fun times. It is proper hard. I remember when Cataclysm and Burning Crusade heroics were this hard. And I should note, this is the easiest Challenge Mode out there.
    We made it to the last boss with plenty of time to spare for a Silver (not bad for our first try), however the last boss continued to spawn his adds in remarkably bad spots, along with the beams not quite staying on people, so the boss was very rapidly healed up.

Eventually the tank had to go. But man did I learn a thing or two.
    1-Invisibility potions were never a thing. For the chance to skip a trash pack or two, they are once again a thing.
    2-Some places require some pretty crazy mass pulls. Like, 5 trash packs together.
    3-The gear shift. Oh man. For those who don't know, Challenge Modes downrank all your gear to 463 item level (no, it does not uprank gear below that level, for many good reasons). I didn't think the drop in stamina would result in all that severe a hit point loss. Man was I wrong. DPS and healing wise, it wasn't that big a shift.

Good luck out there tonight everyone.

@Old Content
    Watch the Trade channel and the Looking for Group channel. You will eventually see someone posting up "LFM, ICC" or you will see "LFM, [Insert name of achievement]" give that person a pst.
    You know all those "social" guilds who advertise in Trade channel? If you aren't in a guild, join one of these, most of the time the old content is all they actually run anyway.
    Make friends with people who want to run old content.
    IE-The people from this board.
    Use the Cross-Realm grouping feature, and go rock out whatever you'd like.
    I'm personally rather burned out on Firelands (carried 5 people to legendary sticks only for all but 1 of them to be jerkwads to the guild followed by quitting) so I'm not interested in going there. But I haven't been in Ulduar in forever and I still have some 10-man achievements I would like to cross off my list. And I wouldn't mind tagging along for Ulduar 25-man in order to pick up some shards for Val'anyr.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2013-01-10 at 10:31 AM.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post

@Old Content
    Watch the Trade channel and the Looking for Group channel. You will eventually see someone posting up "LFM, ICC" or you will see "LFM, [Insert name of achievement]" give that person a pst.
    You know all those "social" guilds who advertise in Trade channel? If you aren't in a guild, join one of these, most of the time the old content is all they actually run anyway.
    Make friends with people who want to run old content.
    IE-The people from this board.
    Use the Cross-Realm grouping feature, and go rock out whatever you'd like.
    I'm personally rather burned out on Firelands (carried 5 people to legendary sticks only for all but 1 of them to be jerkwads to the guild followed by quitting) so I'm not interested in going there. But I haven't been in Ulduar in forever and I still have some 10-man achievements I would like to cross off my list. And I wouldn't mind tagging along for Ulduar 25-man in order to pick up some shards for Val'anyr.
    I'd forgotten about the cross-realm grouping feature.
    I could give helping with a few old raids/dungeons a go sometime if anyone here wanted to(I have the most time free on thursdays and tuesdays usually). For available characters I have a 90 fire mage, 90 heals/tank druid, 90 survival/BM hunter, 86 tank pally, 86 dps/tank monk, 85 rogue, and an 83 dps/tank deathknight.
    Meow(Steam page)

21. - Top - End - #381

FWIW I'm down for some old content grouping. There's still an achievement or two I need for ICC10/25 (still need "Been Waiting a Long Time For This" on both, Neck Deep in Vile for 25, and Heroic Lich King for 25), a whole bunch for Ulduar, and probably a couple for ToC. And more or less the majority of cata, but that stuff actually still takes some degree of effort, and I'm comfortable waiting an expansion to do that.

22. - Top - End - #382

Who has two thumbs and downed 3 heroic bosses in MSV last night?

This guy!
    d b

Garajal Heroic is fun. Feng Heroic is really cool, the ability to choose the phase orders and the extra phase makes it very organic. Stone Guard heroic really isn't as hard as it sounds.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Heroic Stone Guards is actually quite easy, I agree. We haven't been focusing much on heroic progression yet, but we have that down. Our 25-man progression is a bit slower than our 10 man, we're currently on Empress.

For older raids, check out OpenRaid. Lots of groups going on for older content!
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

24. - Top - End - #384

Heroic Elegon down just now. It takes some adjusting to, but honestly it is an excellent fight.
    We had 2 Shadow Priests soaking up the adds exploding. Hardly a problem.

Followed by the smoothest and most flawless kill of Will of the Emperors you ever saw. What a great raid night to end the week.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Anyone know how ret paladins are doing in PVP now days? I'm playing one with a disco priest friend of mine but we've not really got the gear to make an accurate judgement on how we're doing. Plus i'm relatively new to the retadin scene.

We've won 9 and lost 19, though I have only just broken 1k resi, and we will easily beat the current set of people we played against once we have the gear to outlast some of the burst.

I'm thinking of maybe leveling another character to join my friend's priest. I'm thinking either arms warrior, DK or some description or maybe mage. Just asking here as I find ArenaJunkies can be quite unreliable when you're not looking for Gladiator levels of play.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

Semi-related(it's about melee classes);
    which is better for a fury warrior?, two two-handers, two one-handers, or one of each?
    One handers might mean I end up with agility...though that's not that bad anymore(it increases crit at the same rate as intellect for a mage)
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-01-15 at 04:09 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

27. - Top - End - #387

Semi-related(it's about melee classes);
    which is better for a fury warrior?, two two-handers, two one-handers, or one of each?
    One handers might mean I end up with agility...though that's not that bad anymore(it increases crit at the same rate as intellect for a mage)

One of each is gimping yourself.

Two Two Handers and Two One Handers are really well balanced (like within 1% of each other). TG has slightly more damage in the first 80% of the fight, and better cleave, SMF has more damage in execute phase, and is slightly ahead in single target as a result. In the end it mostly boils down to personal preference and what weapons you manage to drop. If you drop 1 handers, go for those. If you drop two handers, use those instead.

Edit: Also, do not go for agi one handers. There are str one handers out there, and using a lower level str one hander is going to be better than a higher level agi one hander. Only baddies use agi weapons, don't be a baddie.
    Last edited by Seerow; 2013-01-15 at 10:50 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

One of each is gimping yourself.

Two Two Handers and Two One Handers are really well balanced (like within 1% of each other). TG has slightly more damage in the first 80% of the fight, and better cleave, SMF has more damage in execute phase, and is slightly ahead in single target as a result. In the end it mostly boils down to personal preference and what weapons you manage to drop. If you drop 1 handers, go for those. If you drop two handers, use those instead.
    I've found myself preferring the faster attack speed of one handers, so I'll aim for trying to get them over the two handers.
    Also, how do these sound for talents for one?;
    Double Time
    Impending Victory
    Disrupting Shout
    ???(not sure which of the three level 60 ones would be best, Dragon roar has the highest direct damage, but has a knockback, and shockwave is a stun. Bladestorm sounds neat, but looks too weak to be useful, and on too long of a cooldown)
    Mass Spell Reflection
    Storm Bolt
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-01-16 at 12:05 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

29. - Top - End - #389

I've found myself preferring the faster attack speed of one handers, so I'll aim for trying to get them over the two handers.
    Also, how do these sound for talents for one?;
    Double Time
    Impending Victory
    Disrupting Shout
    ???(not sure which of the three level 60 ones would be best, Dragon roar has the highest direct damage, but has a knockback, and shockwave is a stun. Bladestorm sounds neat, but looks too weak to be useful, and on too long of a cooldown)
    Mass Spell Reflection
    Storm Bolt
    For PVE?

AoE tier take Dragon Roar. The Knockback is minor, I've never had a tank complain about it, and boss mobs are all immune to it anyway. You may want to consider switching to Bladestorm for high AoE scenarios (say running dungeons with a tank you know who chain pulls like a pro, or for bosses like Wind Lord with a bunch of adds you get to aoe down). Shockwave is pretty much tank/PVP talent.

Mass Spell Reflection is fine, personally I prefer Safeguard for the root break, but it's rarely an issue.

Bloodbath over Stormbolt. It deals way more damage overall than either other option. Stormbolt is situationally useful (I like it on Garalon to burst down the legs), but almost always want to be using BB in PVE. Avatar is better in PVP for the higher burst

30. - Top - End - #390

Odd raid night last night.
    Half the raid had sketchy internet connections, DC's left right and center, myself included.
    However, when I DC'd on Tsulong and logged back in I discovered that I had received credit for the achievement. Something about keeping a tree alive.

Beyond that, nothing interesting to report. We're trying heroic HoF bosses this week. Next week they want to try a heroic ToES boss or two, probably Tsulong and Lei Shei.