New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Anti-Heroes: Why Aderas let them go.

So a really big question for any reader of Anti-Heroes must be: Why exactly did Arderas let the Anti-Heroes go free and give them directions to the temple? I can think of only one explanation, which comes in two possible variants.

The Explanation: Arderas needs Alderan to get to the temple in order to get free from his prison.

This idea in turn hinges on the idea that Serill, in creating the prison for Arderas, drew on a fusion of his own feindish magic and the celestial gifts of his lover. So the only way to reproduce that kind of magic is via Eldhin and/or Aldaran. For some reason, Eldhin can't cast the spell or open the gate on his own, and Arderas knows Aldaran will have to open the prison to fight him (and thinks he can win the fight).

Now, there are two sub-explanations, either of which could fit.

1. The prison can only be unlocked fully if both Aldaran and Eldhin are present.

2. Aldharan is the only one powerful enough to cast the unlocking.

Alternately, it could be that just having Aldheran and Eldhin there will open the gate.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Anti-Heroes: Why Aderas let them go.

Personally I think the whole prison is keyed to that vampire with no family thing, she's the mcguffin which is why she's important. Brother #2 is a paladin and can't work with a Vampire (How he's getting away with a Lich is a little boggling) so he couldn't make it happen. (Well, that and the halfling that had the scroll in the first place wouldn't give it to him) and now that Alderan has her in tow and is heading there anyhow, why not just let 'em come?

3. - Top - End - #3

Well, at the moment I am just as speculative as the rest of you. I don't know. Once I DO know, well, I shan't engage in idle speculation, but merely pull a Graveyard Greg and say "Heh Heh Heh."

Lana is very much important, but I don't have a clue why. I think she's going to be used to start her own clan, and that turning arderas into a vampire will be key to killing him.

Also, I don't think their father is dead...

But I could be wrong.
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Anti-Hero's seem treat Paladins in a way similar to those in Goblins. Paladins do not have to be good. Although, I actually think Eldhin actually does lean towards the good side. Many of the other Paladins in his order certainly lean the other way. Heck, the cast pages states that.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Anti-Hero's seem treat Paladins in a way similar to those in Goblins. Paladins do not have to be good. Although, I actually think Eldhin actually does lean towards the good side. Many of the other Paladins in his order certainly lean the other way. Heck, the cast pages states that.
    As the sixth panel of this strip points out http://antiheroescomic.com/comic/185, Eldhin's division is the only one of the four that's actually made up of paladins.

Also, I agree with you that Eldhin himself is reasonably good, though it's clear that he's a bit more flexible than is usual for paladins. (As Acanous pointed out, he's working with a Lich).
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

6. - Top - End - #6

Eldhin himself is not a paladin, he's a multiclassed fighter cleric. At least, Aldran said so. And he wouldn't lie....
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net