New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I know the story behind witches-with-broomsticks. So I don't. I want my jetpack!

Are you sure? Check again

What?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    As you yourself pointed out, I used the word theroy. I then proceeded to present that theory.

In later post, still before your reply, you will see I used the words "highly likely".

Prior to that, I was hinting at a possible, but likely, explanation.

I will thank you kindly not to put words into my mouth. I have never stated anything as "fact".
    That they in my eyes are presented in such a way that they sound more like premises than the actual theory to me (I had a more abstract idea of the theory being "he has a crush on you", with the following sentence being a list of reasons for why that was the case, rather than what you intended) might point out why I reacted on your post. Especially so if you read it without constantly refering back to earlier and later posts. And if you take them as premises, they are indeed stated as facts, as they aren't accompanied by words that either reduces their likelyhood ("possibly", "probably", "theory") or sign them as opinions (which haven't even got a place in this case to start with, but still).

I'm sorry if you feel I'm putting words in your mouth. It is indeed possible to read your post as you intended with that whole sentence being the theory, but initially, I didn't, which means that it wasn't crystal clear to start with.

Now, however, what I reacted the most upon was how you started off your post by asking "Seriously, how can the LunaFeline be so clueless?". You're calling Moonie clueless based on your own (and others) interpretation of a situation that has been described in less than a 100 words (I counted them, it's exactly 99 words). Whenever I've heard someone being called clueless, it's usually meant to be condescending, an aggressive remark toward someone who can't see the obvious (or "obvious"), and in this case, I wouldn't say 99 words are nearly enough to constitute "obvious".

Your intentions may not have been such, but reception is important as well, and this is how I saw it, and since I saw it this way, it is probable that others did as well (or may do so in the future), which is where the problem lies.

Finally, you're the Forum Administator (and highly esteemed at that), and as such, your words bear a very heavy weight. Having a normal discussion with you is, well, perfectly normal, but if it gets out of hand (usually due to hidden missunderstandings), it can be extremely stressful to be on the recieving end of a post like the one I originally quoted. You are a voice of this forum as a whole (or at least seen as such), so when the point can't get across, the fear isn't just of being judged by a single user, but by this entire community, which in turn is a very important part of many of our lives.

Demanding that someone should be held by a greater standard than everyone else just because he's holding a greater position isn't entirely unproblematic, especially since you (AFAIK ) are no less human than anyone else around these parts, but at the same time, I think it is important to remember how others will recieve what you say when taking who you are in consideration, so that what is meant to be a silly, but friendly, off-hand remark isn't incorrectly interpretted as an alienating coup-de-grace by the person on the recieving end. It's not simple, and I know that I must strive to better myself as well in this regard, but I still find it valuable to point out.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

3. - Top - End - #633
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    What?
    Oh, he is a sneaky blighter.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

What?
    I'm not kidding. it's GROSS.

Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #635

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Oh, he is a sneaky blighter.
    <puppy eyes and asks for explanation>
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

<puppy eyes and asks for explanation>
    ... Look at my sig. I crossed your name out.

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #637

I'm not kidding. it's GROSS.

I know.

What?

And don't think I haven't notced your sig!

EDIT: GODSDAMMIT!
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-11-17 at 08:30 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #638

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Especially so if you read it without constantly refering back to earlier and later posts.
    The entire thing has to be read in context with the earlier posts, otherwise the whole thing would make no sense. Case in point: "this adds more credibility to the theory", the theory which was presented in the earlier posts and restated there. Even if you were to read it without reading any prior posts, the wording shows that there were earlier relevant posts that must be considered.

Now, however, what I reacted the most upon was how you started off your post by asking "Seriously, how can the LunaFeline be so clueless?". You're calling Moonie clueless based on your own (and others) interpretation of a situation that has been described in less than a 100 words (I counted them, it's exactly 99 words). Whenever I've heard someone being called clueless, it's usually meant to be condescending, an aggressive remark toward someone who can't see the obvious (or "obvious"), and in this case, I wouldn't say 99 words are nearly enough to constitute "obvious".
    Clueless to the possibility, not clueless to the "facts". She didn't notice, then kept denying, that there was even a possibility.

There are ways to call someone clueless as an insult, but clueless to matters of friendship and affection almost never mean that. It is often said in an endearing manner, even.

---

Ultimately, what concerns me the most, was not that you misinterpreted it the first time (miscommunications happen all the time, even on things that are absolutely crystal clear), but that you further pushed it a second time after explanation.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

49 tabs and Firefox is draining crazy amounts of CPU. Also, it's half past 2 in the morning, so I suppose it's time for both me and Firefox to go to sleep. Good night everyone!
    *moves pointer towards red X*
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

10. - Top - End - #640
    Titan in the Playground

49 tabs and Firefox is draining crazy amounts of CPU. Also, it's half past 2 in the morning, so I suppose it's time for both me and Firefox to go to sleep. Good night everyone!
    *Interjects with "NOOOOOOOO!"*
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

I know.

What?

And don't think I haven't notced your sig!

EDIT: GODSDAMMIT!
    I wish I didn't

Then why were you begging Rawhide to tell you?

What? >.>

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #642

I wish I didn't

Then why were you begging Rawhide to tell you?

What? >.>
    I noticed the sig change, but I didn't figure out that was the sneaky thing.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #643
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You realise that you have very little information to go on when stating something like this, right? It's a possible interpretation, sure, but for a situation that only has been described in less than a hundred words, I wouldn't say we know enough yet to speak of it as a fact.

Given, I have no experience on the subject to start with, but since we only have one person who knows this situation intimately, I'm going to go by her words until more facts are on the table.
    Sure, it's only one possibility, but the information given fits it well, to the point of calling to mind certain storytelling cliches, and a personal vendetta between the two young male hominids is apparently even more unthinkable than one of them having a torch for the fair-haired maiden.

The only additional course brought up was, as I mentioned, concerns about there being too many guys. While it could have been an unmentioned concern about being a third-wheel or concern about having too few people there for a get together or concern about her inviting anyone else at all for reasons of privacy/control of the planned rendezvous or one or two others that I forgot while I was typing these out, but that are all about equally improbable in my analysis of young hominid-interactions.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." So that's also playing a role here.

Mooncat:
    Spoiler
    Show

I was compared to a typical teenage girl. Based on my exposure to them, as far as I can see, their life is dominated by dating. It's quite appalling.
    That, and making observations like this about typical teenage girls.

"I'm not like the other girls" - Every Girl Ever.

You insulted her repeatedly and never spoke to her otherwise?
    Kind of weird you'd want to spend time watching Dr. Who with someone like that, or vice versa.

Indeed, if all he has is contempt for you, why would he want to be alone with you watching a television show for hours, presumably in close physical proximity?

Technically I didn't. I asked what the problem was, and then everything... spiraled.
    Well, if you didn't want us thinking he had a crush on you, we'd have needed more information, due to the cliched nature of the information we were fed.

I still don't see how it's likely just based on what I've told y'all.
    We've experienced more of life than you, on the whole, and have either been through this firsthand, in some cases on both sides; watched it happen, and/or have read enough fiction going over that sort of thing that it's second nature, like how a fangirl is intimately familiar with the tropes of her given fangirling.

Though, frankly, I don't know how "Guy has plans with girl, girl makes plans to include an additional guy, first guy is miffed by this in some form or fashion that the girl can pick up on," isn't something you've run into in fiction or observing it IRL. It's a cliche, for Rich's Sake!

Most of the time when he's around he's mocking my height or some other aspect of my appearance (whenever I do something new he sticks to those jabs for a while, such as when I started with the trenchcoat to school everyday, and more recently, the new hair.), or coming up with new excuses for why he can't do the Doctor Who thing that he suggested yet.
    Making fun of girls for being short is still something I do to girls I like in order to tease them. I've yet to kick the habit, I must admit. And some people don't like to be corny or be seen as silly and making compliments so they couch them in some light teasing or other banter.

So it not only matters that he's mocking you for your height or appearance, but how he's doing so in both body language and words chosen.

What'd he do when you called him on making excuses?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Yeah. Although there's still a bit of that - just yesterday I was flirting with someone and she bit me - thrice.

although I'm pretty sure that's just a clear "no".
    What, was she a cat? Generally that's a "yes, more please," in my experience.

*It's funny because the action in question disgusts and terrifies me
    I lost track, was that kissing or spanking?

Also, which witches with broomsticks thing? I know of at least 3, two dirty, and one just macabre.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-17 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I lost track, was that kissing or spanking?

Also, which witches with broomsticks thing? I know of at least 3, two dirty, and one just macabre.
    ... Neither.

The one involving drugs.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #645
    Bugbear in the Playground

What, was she a cat? Generally that's a "yes, more please," in my experience.
    No, she bit and shook like a terrier. It was strange. And I don't flirt with cats.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

16. - Top - End - #646

NecromancerGuy

... Neither.

The one involving drugs.
    Oh my.

That's one I hadn't heard of before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    No, she bit and shook like a terrier. It was strange. And I don't flirt with cats.
    Well, that's kinky. Did you beat her off?

...I hope she was up to date on her rabies vaccine...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-17 at 09:39 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #647

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    He might consider knowledge and imagination/sense-of-humo(u)r to be mutually exclusive ("scientists don't see the beauty in anything"). If that's the case, he should probably start using one or both a little more, rather than relying on erroneous stereotypes.
    Oh! I only just noticed this. Excuse me.

Projecting awfully hard there. I never said that they don't watch escapist programs, only this specific one and I gave, what I believe to be, valid reasons. Namely that this particular escapist show was a tad too obvious for their liking. In fact I'm pretty sure, of the things they watch, the sci-fi/fantasy outweighs the more down-to-earth programs...

...okay probably not but it's still a large enough portion for your theory to be nonsense.

18. - Top - End - #648

Mooncat:
    Spoiler
    Show

That, and making observations like this about typical teenage girls.

"I'm not like the other girls" - Every Girl Ever.

Kind of weird you'd want to spend time watching Dr. Who with someone like that, or vice versa.

Indeed, if all he has is contempt for you, why would he want to be alone with you watching a television show for hours, presumably in close physical proximity?

Well, if you didn't want us thinking he had a crush on you, we'd have needed more information, due to the cliched nature of the information we were fed.

We've experienced more of life than you, on the whole, and have either been through this firsthand, in some cases on both sides; watched it happen, and/or have read enough fiction going over that sort of thing that it's second nature, like how a fangirl is intimately familiar with the tropes of her given fangirling.

Though, frankly, I don't know how "Guy has plans with girl, girl makes plans to include an additional guy, first guy is miffed by this in some form or fashion that the girl can pick up on," isn't something you've run into in fiction or observing it IRL. It's a cliche, for Rich's Sake!

Making fun of girls for being short is still something I do to girls I like in order to tease them. I've yet to kick the habit, I must admit. And some people don't like to be corny or be seen as silly and making compliments so they couch them in some light teasing or other banter.

So it not only matters that he's mocking you for your height or appearance, but how he's doing so in both body language and words chosen.

What'd he do when you called him on making excuses?
    Of course every girl is different, so we're not like other girls. However, I find stereotype-obeying teenage girls to be some of the more loathesome parts of humanity.

He doesn't have contempt for me, it's just, his idea of interacting with people is making fun of them. And I have no frigging clue why he invited me, I think it was a thing and it was originally going to be more people when he first mentioned it to me, and then they phased out of it, I dunno why, and now I'm in charge it seems.

There isn't anymore info. I can't help it if my life is 'cliched', I'm just telling the truth.

I haven't called him on that. Didn't see the point.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

By Jove, I'm rewatching The X Files while I organize some paperwork, and I just got to the episode with David Duchovny in a red speedo.

We're going to need some smelling salts over here please.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Doesn't look especially sad to me. I've never been good at reading the emotions of birds, though, so I'll have to take your word for it.

In any case, let's see if I can't Heimlich the drama from you and clear the path for some light and breezy, nice and easy early morning talk show conversing. You'll have to pick a subject, though. I tend to have dreadful luck starting conversations. I usually get arrested.
    Though I know you not well, Crunkled, I appreciate your shapely words. Tell me about some material object after which you lust. I like to hear about aesthetic desire.

Goodnight, Teddifer.

I am contacting the budgie agent in your area: here is his portrait. He will be carrying a pink plum blossom so you know he is not an imposter.
    Spoiler
    Show

His clear and gentle tweeting will soothe and replenish your taxed mind while you rest [he likes scratches on the top of his head and sunflower seeds].

I owe some replies to my esteemed dialogists, but I cannot bear to read the last few pages back until my own head is a little less tender.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-11-17 at 09:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #650

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Though I know you not well, Crunkled, I appreciate your shapely words. Tell me about some material object after which you lust. I like to hear about aesthetic desire.
    Material object based on aesthetics? I dunno. I'm not that kind of guy. Material object based on any other trait. Easily a vinyl copy of the Deepchord Presents Echospace soundtrack to Silent World. I'll show them who has the most pretentious record collection. That and maybe the music will be cool.

Also, it's just Crunk. After the music genre.

21. - Top - End - #651

NecromancerGuy

Of course every girl is different, so we're not like other girls. However, I find stereotype-obeying teenage girls to be some of the more loathesome parts of humanity.
    The amusing thing is that this is also a stereotype, at least, from what I can recall.

He doesn't have contempt for me, it's just, his idea of interacting with people is making fun of them. And I have no frigging clue why he invited me, I think it was a thing and it was originally going to be more people when he first mentioned it to me, and then they phased out of it, I dunno why, and now I'm in charge it seems.
    So why do you want to spend any time with him then if he's acting like a 12 year old still? Dr. Who isn't that difficult to acquire.

There isn't anymore info. I can't help it if my life is 'cliched', I'm just telling the truth.
    Then you misunderstand me. I don't care that your life is cliched, I find it very odd that you cannot grok how the information you've given to us is painting a picture of a romantic cliche. You've had to have read enough stories and webcomics by now to have run into this. Even children's cartoons use it.

I haven't called him on that. Didn't see the point.
    Would've figured it'd be a chance to get in your own jabs and barbs for the slings and arrows you have to deal with from him.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #652

Projecting awfully hard there. I never said that they don't watch escapist programs, only this specific one and I gave, what I believe to be, valid reasons. Namely that this particular escapist show was a tad too obvious for their liking. In fact I'm pretty sure, of the things they watch, the sci-fi/fantasy outweighs the more down-to-earth programs...

...okay probably not but it's still a large enough portion for your theory to be nonsense.
    Ok, stop. There are plenty of intellectuals who love Doctor Who for various reasons.

You made a joke that fell flat on its face, no one who replied to it found it funny. You weren't "in trouble" with any one, it could have been left at that.

But, if you want the reasons for why it wasn't funny to this audience, it's because you effectively insulted everyone who watches Doctor Who, including MoonCat, who you were addressing, and myself.

There's even a Doctor Who SIG (Special Interest Group) for Mensans, there was a quiz show in Australia called "The Einstein Factor" which featured contestants who answered questions primarily related to their special interest, some of which chose Doctor Who, and I've heard of people doing degrees with a focus or thesis on Doctor Who (but the words don't exactly make great Google searches).

There is absolutely nothing about Doctor Who that makes or implies that the person watching it is less than intelligent.

23. - Top - End - #653

The amusing thing is that this is also a stereotype, at least, from what I can recall.

So why do you want to spend any time with him then if he's acting like a 12 year old still? Dr. Who isn't that difficult to acquire.

Then you misunderstand me. I don't care that your life is cliched, I find it very odd that you cannot grok how the information you've given to us is painting a picture of a romantic cliche. You've had to have read enough stories and webcomics by now to have run into this. Even children's cartoons use it.

Would've figured it'd be a chance to get in your own jabs and barbs for the slings and arrows you have to deal with from him.
    Ah, but that's the good stereotype.

Acquire? What do you mean, acquire? And I want to hang out with him because if I accept the idiot comments are his idea of being social, then he isn't half bad.

Because real life doesn't obey cliches. I used to think that, and the number of humorous misunderstandings that happened were numerous.

Nah, I was more focused on finally getting a vague date down for it. And then asking him if Intellectual ******* could come along, as I'd just found out he was also a Whovian.

ION: I just realized it must be really hard for PLayground mods to make rainbow-coloured posts. Everytime they do, everyone thinks the first part is an order.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-11-17 at 09:58 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #654

NecromancerGuy

Ah, but that's the good stereotype.

Acquire? What do you mean, acquire? And I want to hang out with him because if I accept the idiot comments are his idea of being social, then he isn't half bad.
    The dictionary definition of obtain with the further connotation of gain access to with the intent of saying that you don't need his stash to view Dr. Who as a form of emphasis for the question I asked.

Oh, Moony. Such people aren't supposed to be encouraged, they're supposed to have their miseducation rectified by having their bad habits beaten out of them by the world not validated.

Because real life doesn't obey cliches. I used to think that, and the number of humorous misunderstandings that happened were numerous.
    Eh? Cliches are not rules to be obeyed. They're essentially things repeated ad nauseum until they become recognized as a thing unto themselves.

Nah, I was more focused on finally getting a vague date down for it. And then asking him if Intellectual ******* could come along, as I'd just found out he was also a Whovian.
    How did you even figure he was miffed anyway? And if you'd care enough to ask us, why not ask him?

ION: I just realized it must be really hard for PLayground mods to make rainbow-coloured posts. Everytime they do, everyone thinks the first part is an order.
    Not a bug. A feature!
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-17 at 10:03 PM.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #655

The dictionary definition of obtain with the further connotation of gain access to with the intent of saying that you don't need his stash to view Dr. Who as a form of emphasis for the question I asked.

Oh, Moony. Such people aren't supposed to be encouraged, they're supposed to have their miseducation rectified by having their bad habits beaten out of them by the world not validated.

Eh? Cliches are not rules to be obeyed. They're essentially things repeated ad nauseum until they become recognized as a thing unto themselves.

How did you even figure he was miffed anyway? And if you'd care enough to ask us, why not ask him?

Not a bug. A feature!
    I don't need his stash, I have netflix. I'm trying to set it up becuase I wanna watch it with a companion!

Well, I do punch him a lot...

And then inversions and aversions show up all the time.

Firstly, I didn't ask you guys either, and I figured he was miffed becuase he kind of stopped, looked at me, and then repeated "[IA]. You want to invite [IA]." a couple of times. And he looked miffed.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys - quick question.

What kinda program is ".wps" for? I'm expecting an email from my partners in a project for school, so i'm pretty sure this is them but I'd like to be sure before I open the file.

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #657

Well, that's kinky. Did you beat her off?

...I hope she was up to date on her rabies vaccine...
    Nah, I just let her do it. She doesn't have much of a bite force, and I was wearing a thick sweatshirt (she was biting my arm). I asked her today, and apparently she is not rabid, nor is she a zombie, werewolf, or vampire. She pinky swore, so she must have been telling the truth.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

28. - Top - End - #658

Hey guys - quick question.

What kinda program is ".wps" for? I'm expecting an email from my partners in a project for school, so i'm pretty sure this is them but I'd like to be sure before I open the file.
    Generally, Microsoft Works (which is incompatable with Microsoft Word - also, an oxymoron).

FYI: This site is awesome.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

Material object based on aesthetics? I dunno. I'm not that kind of guy. Material object based on any other trait. Easily a vinyl copy of the Deepchord Presents Echospace soundtrack to Silent World. I'll show them who has the most pretentious record collection. That and maybe the music will be cool.

Also, it's just Crunk. After the music genre.
    And yet, it is my pleasure to jig, and amble, and lisp, and nickname God's creatures.

That is an aesthetic choice, isn't it? Since you yearn for the object itself: the vinyl and the pretense it signifies, and not merely the recording it bears.

Thank you.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ettin in the Playground

You hadn't given those reasons yet. Now you have, and they're accurate.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.