New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XL: Season on Hold 'til Morello gets Gold

"Hey, Rugged Garen is on sale! That skin's right up my alley! I haven't played Garen in ages though. Heck, I only ever played like two games with him, tops. Uh. How I mine 4 Garen?"

Spoiler
    Show

"Oh, that's how."

I've carried before, but never have I felt so MANLY doing so. Garen's another of those superb designs where the gameplay dovetails with the personality to really capture the feeling. Love it. I'll play more of him now.

(edit) Favorite moment: Picking up a lvl 1 kill. I'd bushcamped the middle of bot, and when Annie got to lane she skipped right up close.. so I said "screw it", went all in, and got First Blood when everyone else was still getting First CS.

Man those towers are far away from the middle of the lane!
    Last edited by sonofzeal; 2012-11-27 at 07:43 AM.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    (edit) Favorite moment: Picking up a lvl 1 kill. I'd bushcamped the middle of bot, and when Annie got to lane she skipped right up close.. so I said "screw it", went all in, and got First Blood when everyone else was still getting First CS.

Man those towers are far away from the middle of the lane!
    Welcome to bot games? I dunno, if there hasn't been a first blood before the first wave of minions are all dead, something is wrong. Especially on TT where, as you point out, you can just buy boots and proceed to slap them in the face as they run back to tower with their dorans items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #873
    Bugbear in the Playground

I feel bad when my team is losing a game horribly but we win because the other team's ADC or APC disconnected.

I just had a game where the enemy vayne was super SUPER fed (like 14-4-5) but then she DC'ed and now I (as skarner) have only need to neutralize the APC to win since the enemy top laner was tanky lee sin and the jungler was maokia, both of whom can't deal enough damage to win teamfights by themselves (at least not with the builds they had).
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2012-11-27 at 11:15 AM.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    I feel bad when my team is losing a game horribly but we win because the other team's ADC or APC disconnected.

I just had a game where the enemy vayne was super SUPER fed (like 14-4-5) but then she DC'ed and now I (as skarner) have only need to neutralize the APC to win since the enemy top laner was tanky lee sin and the jungler was maokia, both of whom can't deal enough damage to win teamfights by themselves (at least not with the builds they had).
    Yeah, I type "gg wp, sorry for the dc" whenever the opposing team had a dc. Sometimes it happens and it sucks.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Colossus in the Playground

Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

Guys, How many seeds does Zyra have? Becaue I just played against 1 who had 4 out at any given time. I thought the limit was 2.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

7. - Top - End - #877

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Guys, How many seeds does Zyra have? Becaue I just played against 1 who had 4 out at any given time. I thought the limit was 2.
    How it goes is that you have a seed to plant every x seconds, like Heimer's turret ammo. The difference is that planting seeds doesn't make the previous ones go poof. So you plop two down, wait a bit, plop another.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #878

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    How it goes is that you have a seed to plant every x seconds, like Heimer's turret ammo. The difference is that planting seeds doesn't make the previous ones go poof. So you plop two down, wait a bit, plop another.
    Addendum, while she can get the seed recharge timer pretty low (max rank base CD is 13 and it's affected by CDR so at 40% CDR she'd be at 7.8 seconds, I believe), there's a global cap of 4 on the seeds.

Seeds last for 30 seconds so theoretically I believe you could lay two seeds, recharge two more in 15.6 seconds and have 1 in store and 1 almost off cooldown (1.2 seconds left) at the same time at the 30 second mark when the first two would expire.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-11-27 at 05:10 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

9. - Top - End - #879

Vayne so fun.

Bot games to try her out (I'm looking for an ADC other than Ashe who I can play well), and after a few games learning her mechanics and taking it slow, I go bot with Riven.

She promptly accuses me of KSing the FB (I did most of the damage), and heads top (we had a DC).

Game Over, right? Sona/Ashe botlane will wreck my face.

Nope. Without any help, I take the first 2 towers of the game, and am 8-1 exiting laning. I proceed to feed on their entire team; takes 4 of them to kick me out of lane. Finish 24/2/0, autoattacking for ~500 on average.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Normally I try not to complain to much about leavers, but 55 minutes into a game is just awful:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd even had the Godzilla music on repeat in the background to make things extra special. I am a sad panda.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    Normally I try not to complain to much about leavers, but 55 minutes into a game is just awful:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd even had the Godzilla music on repeat in the background to make things extra special. I am a sad panda.
    Photobombing, fun thing to do.

Anyway, that sucks man. Especially in such an invested game like that. But your fiddlesticks, just ult, activate Zhonyas, and laugh at everyone dropping dead around you. No need for 4 other people.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post

Anyway, that sucks man. Especially in such an invested game like that. But your fiddlesticks, just ult, activate Zhonyas, and laugh at everyone dropping dead around you. No need for 4 other people.
    Two of my six kills came from attempting a baron steal. Unfortunately, my team refused to go in 4v3 afterwards. Proceeded to run around like chickens with their heads cut off, really.

Yeah, I thought about clipping the edges of the photo, like I usually do; but hey, it's funnier this way.

Edit: Also, support fiddles has trouble carrying games. Though the fact that they kept focusing me once I had Rylai's and Randuins probably kept our team in the game.
    Last edited by Thrawn183; 2012-11-27 at 05:45 PM.

13. - Top - End - #883

Two of my six kills came from attempting a baron steal. Unfortunately, my team refused to go in 4v3 afterwards. Proceeded to run around like chickens with their heads cut off, really.

Yeah, I thought about clipping the edges of the photo, like I usually do; but hey, it's funnier this way.

Edit: Also, support fiddles has trouble carrying games. Though the fact that they kept focusing me once I had Rylai's and Randuins probably kept our team in the game.
    I always go Sorcerer shoes on Support Fiddles and I try to fit in Zhonya (and Abyssal). Really helps with the whole Carrying-part; the principle is the same as with nRated's support Zyra.

Fiddle is the one champion who actually has sufficient damage output to be a sufficient damage threat to be the team's only Mage with support's farm (he still forces enemy to stack up on MR or die a horrible death).

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I always go Sorcerer shoes on Support Fiddles and I try to fit in Zhonya (and Abyssal). Really helps with the whole Carrying-part; the principle is the same as with nRated's support Zyra.

Fiddle is the one champion who actually has sufficient damage output to be a sufficient damage threat to be the team's only Mage with support's farm (he still forces enemy to stack up on MR or die a horrible death).
    I don't disagree in general, but in this case Vayne was so fed I was really just focusing on trying to shut her down. In retrospect, I really should have gone with a frozen heart/sorc shoes over the randuins/ionan that I tried.

15. - Top - End - #885

I don't disagree in general, but in this case Vayne was so fed I was really just focusing on trying to shut her down. In retrospect, I really should have gone with a frozen heart/sorc shoes over the randuins/ionan that I tried.
    Well, never forget: the best way to shut someone down is to Just ****ing Kill Them™.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Barbarian in the Playground

I missed the discussion on nonstandard supports, but I'm going to inflict you guys with my favorite one anyways.

Kennen, and I feel like it could be somewhat viable.

Reasons why it's actually okay? First, it has strong poke for lane presence. Not quite lulu or sona levels of poke, but it's also enough because of the second thing he has for lane. What is that? Stuns. Q W Q or Q W E, as long as you hit Qs, gives a consistent stun. Along with okay base damage, it gives him a strong enough laning presence to get through. The big thing is that he has one of the strongest peeling abilities in the game through his ult. Given that he isn't focused or pushed out(Which, if he is support, means he is soaking up cc and is still an okay scenario) he is stunning up to 3 people along with his w and possibly e. It's equivalent to sona ult or lulu ult in forms of CC. This is along with at least one or two other stuns every few seconds and nonterrible damage in midgame fights. There are a few problems with it, but even with those I can't see it being worse then fiddles support.

Now if I could only convince someone to play it in a nonsilly game...
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Banned

The appropriate comparison to Kennen is not Fiddle, Sona, or Lulu so much as Zyra, who is pretty much strictly better for the job. More reliable lane CC, same solid poke, same solid brush control, and an AOE CC ult that isn't PbAOE. You lose some mobility, but Zyra doesn't need Lightning Rush to contribute.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

So, I'd like to give a shoutout to Mario and thank him for teaching me rengar. On dominion, he's a *BEAST*. I had a game where every member on their team built thornmail just for me, where I'd buy a LW and say "Don't care! Sorry Ashe!"

<3 Rengar. Now if only Kha'zix didn't fall off in damage so much late game.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I'd like to give a shoutout to Mario and thank him for teaching me rengar. On dominion, he's a *BEAST*. I had a game where every member on their team built thornmail just for me, where I'd buy a LW and say "Don't care! Sorry Ashe!"

Are we playing the same bug?
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

20. - Top - End - #890
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post

What exactly is photobombing?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #891

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    One of his posts is above the post-game window asking if Fiddlesticks can support.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Normally it is showing up in the background of a picture, usually when people have posed for it. In this case, the screen shot I took of the post game screen had this thread open in the background. In particular, his post.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

Normally it is showing up in the background of a picture, usually when people have posed for it. In this case, the screen shot I took of the post game screen had this thread open in the background. In particular, his post.
    Ah. Ok then.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #894

Ah. Ok then.
    http://memebase.cheezburger.com/thisisphotobomb

Here, educate yourself about the interwebs in all its terrible GLORY!!!

25. - Top - End - #895

The last time I saw Rengar on Dominion, I killed him twice in the first three minutes. But then, I was Urgot and could just E or Q or both into any bushes from outside his leap range, and he was playing pretty incautiously under the circumstances and, y'know, still trying to use those bushes.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

26. - Top - End - #896

Planetar

Rengar has really good map presence on dom because of his ult. Basically, he amazingly counters ninja-cappers with tracking ult for those nasty blinks and stealths from shaco and then does massive massive burst to them squishies while being tanky enough himself to live through their burst. The perfect anti-assassin.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post
    Rengar has really good map presence on dom because of his ult. Basically, he amazingly counters ninja-cappers with tracking ult for those nasty blinks and stealths from shaco and then does massive massive burst to them squishies while being tanky enough himself to live through their burst. The perfect anti-assassin.
    How true that was. We were tracking the enemy team as they tried to rally to top turret, I ulted to catch up to them and revealed an enemy hecarim in a bush lying in wait to ambush and pincer us with his team, instantly my entire team jumped him and proceeded to snowball to get top turret.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-11-27 at 11:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

So I guess there's little point in lurking here much longer. Hi, I'm Kid Kris, and I'm a League of Legends player. Same username as I use over here, over on the NA servers. Steadily working my way up to level 30; at level 25 currently and ballin'.

I don't really seem to have a main yet... I tend to pick last so I can fill whatever role the team is missing. My most common picks tend to be Lux, Ashe, or Malphite as a top-laner or as support. Recently though, I've been playing support Leona since she's in rotation right now, and... omg. So much fun. I've only done 3 games with her so far, but that means I've just won 3 games with her so far. It's like I'm a soup kitchen for my carry. Brilliance. Definitely going to be saving up the 6300 IP to buy her, as much of a grind as that is. (And I just keep getting distracted by other, cheaper champions too!)

So um... hey guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Definitely going to be saving up the 6300 IP to buy her, as much of a grind as that is. (And I just keep getting distracted by other, cheaper champions too!)
    I find that as long as you make sure to get FWotD every day(and play 2-3 real games), you can typically average about 7-8k per champion release, which is enough to buy every new champion on release and still have some left over to grab all the old champions(eventually...). I know this has been true for me since Jayce came out.

And if normals are really being obnoxious, just co-op TT or Dominion for FWotD. Those are really quick games, especially TT with decent range ADC(tower pushing OP).

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    So um... hey guys.
    Friend invite already sent. Also, Hey.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

30. - Top - End - #900

TIL: TFT plays top lane at about 1300 Elo.

He plays Lulu at like Plat level, though, so w/e.