New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XL: Season on Hold 'til Morello gets Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
    However, once I got PD and LW up Vayne is still Vayne and I was able to carry the later teamfights to the win. Fun match.
    In a game with a Mordekaiser, that tells us nothing about which team won the game.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh god. I had a 17:00 queue time for draft pick. 12 dodges.

When I finally got in, due to a miscommunication, I ended up playing Lee Sin mid. (I thought I was top, and Ori was mid. Ori reminded us (yes, she claimed support it early on and we forgot), and my Lee Sin went 4-0 in laning vs. Xerath (QQEEWW harass OP). 2nd weirdest game this month.

The weirdest was the one where I played Amumu support. And won lane.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2012-11-29 at 11:09 AM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
    Amumu, in the right lane, can be a really strong support. It's amazing how much a strong stun, amazing teamfight utility, and limited gold dependance goes into making a good support.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

4. - Top - End - #964
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    In a game with a Mordekaiser, that tells us nothing about which team won the game.
    Oh boy! I sure am fed! Time to go ace the enemy team! I wonder if they're in this bush?

*Dooooom*
    *Fwooosh*
    *CLANG*
    BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA......

On an unrelated note, my folder of champion concepts keeps growing because I have nothing else to do during my free time. Current roster sits at about ten, enough for a whole match, woo. If anybody is interested in throwing some critique my way, you can find the google docs folder here.
    Last edited by Duos; 2012-11-29 at 11:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

As decided last page, pretty much EVERYONE can support,

@Duos: Wanna trade critiques? I dunno when I'll have time, but here's mine
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #966

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    Amumu, in the right lane, can be a really strong support. It's amazing how much a strong stun, amazing teamfight utility, and limited gold dependance goes into making a good support.
    Laning against Alistar. Does that sum up the problems with that lane enough?

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    On an unrelated note, my folder of champion concepts keeps growing because I have nothing else to do during my free time. Current roster sits at about ten, enough for a whole match, woo. If anybody is interested in throwing some critique my way, you can find the google docs folder here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    TOTALLY not using these as motivation for working on my essay.
    Barradyne
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tanky support is the idea I'm getting. Passive is interesting, tho Riot seem to be moving away from damage reduction. Q is nice fluff, a bit odd. It has high base damage, short range, and both the slows on it start really small. W looks pretty good, as is E. Does E stack with itself?
    R seems potentially problematic. Thing is, to get the full value from it, one of you has to die. I get yelled at for making abilities that make dying a good battle plan-like old Kayle passive.
    Love the fluff, and the bunker skin. What would Victorian look like?

Karmine
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice backstory. Like the weapons already.
    Passive looks good, although xin and kayle are glaring at you. Q looks fine, high damage. Really hope the ratio on the persistent effect is 110%AD OVER the two seconds, else it's doing 5.5AD in two seconds. ._.
    Oooh. The W. This'll be the main mechanic, then...
    The passive part is underwhelming. 30 range is basically nothing. That's not even half a teemo. I'd make it... 40/55/70/85/100?Not really sure. 30/47.5/65/82.5/100 perhaps.
    The active is... potentially Stronk. Can the second half crit? Can it apply onhits? How will it work with the item that does the same thing? Hopefully additively (total four) and not multiplicatively for SIX...
    E looks... interesting. Very difficult to use right, I imagine, since it can be an escape, but is more like an engage tool. Would make more sense as a mechanic on a melee character... isn't this two of jarvan's skills?
    R is pretty awesome fluffwise, pretty fine mechanically. 800 reads like a LOT of damage, but hey, shoulda dodged. Also, with that cooldown, no-one's gonna want rank 2. :P
    Skin names are intriguing. Is Webby gonna be like Eldar Warp Spiders?
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2012-11-29 at 12:35 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

8. - Top - End - #968

TOTALLY not using these as motivation for working on my essay.
    Barradyne
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tanky support is the idea I'm getting. Passive is interesting, tho Riot seem to be moving away from damage reduction. Q is nice fluff, a bit odd. It has high base damage, short range, and both the slows on it start really small. W looks pretty good, as is E. Does E stack with itself?
    R seems potentially problematic. Thing is, to get the full value from it, one of you has to die. I get yelled at for making abilities that make dying a good battle plan-like old Kayle passive.
    Love the fluff, and the bunker skin. What would Victorian look like?

Karmine
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice backstory. Like the weapons already.
    Passive looks good, although xin and kayle are glaring at you. Q looks fine, high damage. Really hope the ratio on the persistent effect is 110%AD OVER the two seconds, else it's doing 5.5AD in two seconds. ._.
    Oooh. The W. This'll be the main mechanic, then...
    The passive part is underwhelming. 30 range is basically nothing. That's not even half a teemo. I'd make it... 40/55/70/85/100?Not really sure. 30/47.5/65/82.5/100 perhaps.
    The active is... potentially Stronk. Can the second half crit? Can it apply onhits? How will it work with the item that does the same thing? Hopefully additively (total four) and not multiplicatively for SIX...
    E looks... interesting. Very difficult to use right, I imagine, since it can be an escape, but is more like an engage tool. Would make more sense as a mechanic on a melee character... isn't this two of jarvan's skills?
    R is pretty awesome fluffwise, pretty fine mechanically. 800 reads like a LOT of damage, but hey, shoulda dodged. Also, with that cooldown, no-one's gonna want rank 2. :P
    Skin names are intriguing. Is Webby gonna be like Eldar Warp Spiders?

On Barradyne:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Q was designed around hitting multiple champions in mind; it's definitely a teamfighting ability since it's so large. E doesn't stack with itself; recasting it just refreshes the duration. I think I put notes on abilities when they stack with themselves, a la Karmine's passive, etc. I can definitely see the ult being confusing, though; I think the burst was originally designed to be an additional deterrent but I could certainly just remove it and add additional tankiness to either Barradyne or his target.

On skins: Two words: Gothic Cathedral.

On Karmine:
    Spoiler
    Show

On the Q, (and on the R, natch ) I derped and there is an extra one where it shouldn't be. it's 10% total AD and 120 second CD, respectively. Whoops.

On W I was worried about outranging other carries, but I suppose it's an unjustified fear. Kog and Trist do exist, after all. I think I'll cut base range by a bit and have W scale to 100 bonus range. The active allows him to, essentially, attack two people at once, with all the implied critting and application of on-hits. I figure if sivir can hit five people, Karmine can hit two, as you don't really get to choose who you're shooting; just whoever is closest to your primary target. I might up the mana/auto, though, since it IS pretty strong. a choice between doing lots of damage vs having mana up for skills. Also, additive stacking, most definitely.

E is basically a short-ranged dash. Think Quickdraw or 90-caliber net, or Valkyrie. The difference is that you can cast it, move around a bit, THEN dash to your target. So you could, for example, cast it outside tower range, dive in for a kill, then reel yourself to safety. It's not quite as good as an instant escape, tho, since you have to cast it twice to get moving.

On Skins: I was looking at razor relay when I came up with that one. Think more blue and red and more THWIP.

Nika:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think the story is interesting, although I'd say you don't need to involve time travel, after all, who knows what's in the Kumungu jungle? Still, good story. I like the parallel with Nunu.
    Stats look ok, passive is a nice global; not too strong, but definitely noticeable.

I feel like the Q is trying to do too much, though. Stun, slow, and bleed is a lot for one ability. I'd cut two; probably the stun and the slow sinceyou already chase so well with E.

W looks good, numbers seem ok. scaling offensive stats into defensive stats is fine as long as the ratio isn't too high, this seems to hit that sweet spot really well.

E is alright; dash range is a bit on the high side but, only by like 50/100 range, so that's fine. I don't like the attack/movespeed buff, though. The duration is CRAZY high, with decent CDR it's up almost 100% of the time. I might cut it to 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.

The ult is really cool (Skellingtons!), but I do feel like you're trying to do too much with it. Again, I'd cut raptor duration, maybe to like ten seconds, and I'd ditch the active. To compensate, I'd make their attacks slow the target (maybe by 15/20/25%), to represent the raptors crippling their prey.

Carson:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I looooove the concept, since I'm a big chess fan. His passive looks really neat, although instead of having the pawns lose hp over time, I'd just give them a set duration, like Yorick ghouls or Malzahar voidlings, and you don't need to cut his AD to compensate; the pawns should be fine just by themselves. If you're worried about htem being too strong, you an always have their AD be a ratio of Carson's.

His Q is really coo,l since it allows you to command your pawns around more and have them help you fight. I like it. Range seems a bit high for a jump, though. I'd cut that by like 100. Also, I might change the speed buff to a slow that gets stronger the more pawns you have dogpiling your target. like, maybe 10%+5% per additional minion hitting the target? That seems ok to me, and it encourages clever casting to have multiple minions up.

I'll be honest, though. I don't like the W and E. I can tell you're going for a 'buff your minions' thing here, but your dudes are too short-lived to get much use out of them, and what they really do is say "Press W and E, win teamfight with massive free stats." I would revisit these, maybe look for more ways to order pawns around the battlefield, because that aspect of Carson seems really fun.

I love the ult, though. You can use it to save a dying pawn, or just cast it on CD to get a more permanent army to follow you around. I'd cut max queens to 1/2/3, though, because otherwise you have 120% bonus stats following you around, and that seems a bit high.

Revisiting the thing about commanding your dudes, I feel like this is why you need abilities that order around minions: You always have them post-6, since Queens don't die, and being a chess mastermind is more about proper positioning and less about just hitting a button and making your allies insanely strong. This guy has soooo much potential, I want to see what you can do with him!
    Last edited by Duos; 2012-11-29 at 04:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #969

I have peeked at some of those concepts, and I find them rather interesting.

My question is this; Is there any chance at all, that such concepts migt be considered by Riot Games? Or is this just A fun way to pass time?

10. - Top - End - #970

Lix, I don't actually know enough to comment about the builds. But I love the idea of Karen. Although she looks more annoying to fight than Jax. (double gap closer, bleed. And a blink. Can that blink go to a friendly?)
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2012-11-29 at 01:49 PM.

11. - Top - End - #971

Watching IPL5. Seriously, wtf is up with all these sunfire capes. I thought we had mathematically proven that it was a bad item, yet I see everyone and their brother building them. Same thing with previous tournaments.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Watching IPL5. Seriously, wtf is up with all these sunfire capes. I thought we had mathematically proven that it was a bad item, yet I see everyone and their brother building them. Same thing with previous tournaments.
    It's a great splitpush item; the AOE damage adds good pushing power to any champion. It also allows for a bruiser to itemize defense while still gaining some offense from it. I dunno who proved what and when but it's a fine item on many of the bruisers interested in the tankier itemization paths.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    When I said Son of Zeal was the only Dominion player, I didn't expect to get so many people trying to prove me wrong.
    Well, according to LoLmatches it took me 10 days to go from 1500 to 1800 on dominion once I got serious about it. http://lolmatches.com/player/na/19218624/Thrawnyboy Check the normal dominion chart if you don't believe me.

Sadly, lolmatches stopped recording people's elo around that point in time, so I'll never know just how much higher I got before I burned out and drifted away from league for a while.

I can say though, that AD Veigar doesn't work above 1600 ELO on dominion. Maybe someone better than me could pull it off, but I just don't have what it takes. A shame, really. AD Veigar is hilarious.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

14. - Top - End - #974

Quote Originally Posted by Xiander View Post

My question is this; Is there any chance at all, that such concepts migt be considered by Riot Games? Or is this just A fun way to pass time?
    It's mostly a just a fun way to pass the time. Riot already has several champion design people on staff, and I'm sure they have tons of ideas already. The real bottleneck isn't the concepts, it's the design resources needed to make them a reality.

That being said, We DO have a rioter who browses these threads (Hi SweetRein), although I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any say in that process. As far as I know, her expertise is in the programming end of things. Still, I do give her permission to cherrypick interesting ideas out of all the sludge i produce and throw them at the people who might find them interesting.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ettin in the Playground

As decided last page, pretty much EVERYONE can support,

@EarlNashor

Spoiler
    Show
    YES! YEEEEEEEESSS!!!! KE KE KE KE YEAH!

Ahem

I like the idea, ever since Shyvanna came out I felt a Baron equivelant was necessary. How long do stacks of Wrath of the Ancients last anyway? I can see going pure AP with some AS built in purely to do an E+R combo. Q seems kind of weird in his kit but I guess it's his poke ability (And just another way to stack more Wrath's). I think CDR might be too strong on him (Especially late game) with his Q able to deal 13% of someone's max health every 3 seconds and getting a knockup every 4 seconds. Not to mention that with 400-500 AP (Seems easy enough to pull off) that means his Autoattacks are doing tons of damage that the enemy team hasn't itemized against (Because he's also doing tons of AP damage with his E). It feels like he's too powerfull late game but might be too weak early. Balancing it out would definetely help in making him a more interesting champion.

But I just really like champs that can do stuff all game, so maybe it's just not my style.

Anyway, GO TEAM BARON!
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

16. - Top - End - #976
    Troll in the Playground

It's only poor as a purely defensive item, and only then because of how ridiculous items like GA, Aegis, and Randuin's are. The passive is very strong on lots of melee champions with good MPen scaling or poor pushing power, like Shen, Malphite, Rengar, Elise, Amumu, etc. Regardless of how inefficient its defenses actually are, getting a giant's belt and a chain vest for the cost of one item slot is very valuable, especially given how well they work together. It's something of a poor tank item, but it's not a poor item in general. Make note of the difference.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

On Barradyne:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Q was designed around hitting multiple champions in mind; it's definitely a teamfighting ability since it's so large. E doesn't stack with itself; recasting it just refreshes the duration. I think I put notes on abilities when they stack with themselves, a la Karmine's passive, etc. I can definitely see the ult being confusing, though; I think the burst was originally designed to be an additional deterrent but I could certainly just remove it and add additional tankiness to either Barradyne or his target.

On skins: Two words: Gothic Cathedral.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was confused by how short its length is. It's not even twice as long as it is wide.
    I assumed so with E.
    Yeah, I'd suggest that; or have the damage be automatic (but less) at the end of the duration.

As for the skin; well put, you earnt my RP. :P

On Karmine:
    Spoiler
    Show

On the Q, (and on the R, natch ) I derped and there is an extra one where it shouldn't be. it's 10% total AD and 120 second CD, respectively. Whoops.

On W I was worried about outranging other carries, but I suppose it's an unjustified fear. Kog and Trist do exist, after all. I think I'll cut base range by a bit and have W scale to 100 bonus range. The active allows him to, essentially, attack two people at once, with all the implied critting and application of on-hits. I figure if sivir can hit five people, Karmine can hit two, as you don't really get to choose who you're shooting; just whoever is closest to your primary target. I might up the mana/aouto, though, since it IS pretty strong. a choice between doing lots of damage vs having mana up for skills. Also, additive stacking, most definitely.

E is basically a short-ranged dash. Think Quickdraw or 90-caliber net, or Valkyrie. The difference is that you can cast it, move around a bit, THEN dash to your target. So you could, for example, cast it outside tower range, dive in for a kill, then reel yourself to safety. It's not quite as good as an instant escape, tho, since you have to cast it twice to get moving.

On Skins: I was looking at razor relay when I came up with that one. Think more blue and red and more THWIP.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assumed the ult was a typo. The Q makes more sense too.
    Thing with W is that I don't think Sivir's bonus hits apply on-hits, or crit. Still, I have no idea how to start balancing it. xD
    With using E like that, it creates what Riot would call a 'feel bad moment' where you miss out on damage. You may or may not care about this. :P

Aaaah. That was my first thought. xD Why not both? Razorwebbing is pretty cool.

Nika:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think the story is interesting, although I'd say you don't need to involve time travel, after all, who knows what's in the Kumungu jungle? Still, good story. I like the parallel with Nunu.
    Stats look ok, passive is a nice global; not too strong, but definitely noticeable.

I feel like the Q is trying to do too much, though. Stun, slow, and bleed is a lot for one ability. I'd cut two; probably the stun and the slow sinceyou already chase so well with E.

W looks good, numbers seem ok. scaling offensive stats into defensive stats is fine as long as the ratio isn't too high, this seems to hit that sweet spot really well.

E is alright; dash range is a bit on the high side but, only by like 50/100 range, so that's fine. I don't like the attack/movespeed buff, though. The duration is CRAZY high, with decent CDR it's up almost 100% of the time. I might cut it to 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.

The ult is really cool (Skellingtons!), but I do feel like you're trying to do too much with it. Again, I'd cut raptor duration, maybe to like ten seconds, and I'd ditch the active. To compensate, I'd make their attacks slow the target (maybe by 15/20/25%), to represent the raptors crippling their prey.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think I went with the time theme mainly to facilitate the title 'Child of Time', plus to make her alone in a way that would make her join the league. Plus adopted daughter of zilean is adorable.

You're probably right with the Q, although I'm leery of removing her only CC. I may buff her ms slightly.
    Wow why did I give her E that duration. O_o

Honestly, I really like the ult active; plus she has no ranged abilities besides it. it was actually made as a hybrid of Xerath and Annie's ults, if I remember correctly. I can see the point behind lowering the duration a bit, but ten seconds is just not very long.

Also, that's a point... does anyone know if China's bones thing is only human bones? Do they have jurassic kog'maw/cho'gath?

Carson:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I looooove the concept, since I'm a big chess fan. His passive looks really neat, although instead of having the pawns lose hp over time, I'd just give them a set duration, like Yorick ghouls or Malzahar voidlings, and you don't need to cut his AD to compensate; the pawns should be fine just by themselves. If you're worried about htem being too strong, you an always have their AD be a ratio of Carson's.

His Q is really coo,l since it allows you to command your pawns around more and have them help you fight. I like it. Range seems a bit high for a jump, though. I'd cut that by like 100. Also, I might change the speed buff to a slow that gets stronger the more pawns you have dogpiling your target. like, maybe 10%+5% per additional minion hitting the target? That seems ok to me, and it encourages clever casting to have multiple minions up.

I'll be honest, though. I don't like the W and E. I can tell you're going for a 'buff your minions' thing here, but your dudes are too short-lived to get much use out of them, and what they really do is say "Press W and E, win teamfight with massive free stats." I would revisit these, maybe look for more ways to order pawns around the battlefield, because that aspect of Carson seems really fun.

I love the ult, though. You can use it to save a dying pawn, or just cast it on CD to get a more permanent army to follow you around. I'd cut max queens to 1/2/3, though, because otherwise you have 120% bonus stats following you around, and that seems a bit high.

Revisiting the thing about commanding your dudes, I feel like this is why you need abilities that order around minions: You always have them post-6, since Queens don't die, and being a chess mastermind is more about proper positioning and less about just hitting a button and making your allies insanely strong. This guy has soooo much potential, I want to see what you can do with him!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks, but Yorick's ghouls DO lose HP over time. Still, you may have a good point.
    Also, wow. W and E are boring. I SHOULD do something with that! He was my first champion design, iirc.

Hmm. If I make Q shorter duration and shorter range and lower damage, it can be a positioning tool like ori's q.

Also, Carson and Baradyne would get on so well.

more soon, class now. You have good ideas!
    As do you!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiander View Post

A tiny chance. I haven't heard of an official 'WE CANNOT AND WILL NOT LOOK AT THESE NEVER EVER' policy, and I assume that if they looked at one and went 'hell yes we want this in our game', then they'd go 'hey, cool dude, we can use this right' and we'd eyesparkle yes. I believe they don't go LOOKING for ideas, though. Basically, it's a theoretical possibility, but really we need to get hired by them to have a chance.

Lix, I don't actually know enough to comment about the builds. But I love the idea of Karen. Although she looks more annoying to fight than Jax. (double gap closer, bleed. And a blink. Can that blink go to a friendly?)
    Thanks. She's a little tongue in cheek, and her name was an accidental pun.
    Her blink cannot go to an ally. I would hope that once she goes in, she finds it hard to get out again, kinda like darius.

It's mostly a just a fun way to pass the time. Riot already has several champion design people on staff, and I'm sure they have tons of ideas already. The real bottleneck isn't the concepts, it's the design resources needed to make them a reality.

That being said, We DO have a rioter who browses these threads (Hi SweetRein), although I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any say in that process. As far as I know, her expertise is in the programming end of things. Still, I do give her permission to cherrypick interesting ideas out of all the sludge i produce and throw them at the people who might find them interesting.
    Yeah. If ever they run out of ideas, they might use fan ones, but it's not likely. Also, copyright issues are a theoretical issue, although I expect most of us would want no more than an admittance that it was our idea, which I expect they wouldn't mind.

Of course, if anything I do is potentially useful, I offer the same, but I doubt it. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    @EarlNashor

Spoiler
    Show
    YES! YEEEEEEEESSS!!!! KE KE KE KE YEAH!

Ahem

I like the idea, ever since Shyvanna came out I felt a Baron equivelant was necessary. How long do stacks of Wrath of the Ancients last anyway? I can see going pure AP with some AS built in purely to do an E+R combo. Q seems kind of weird in his kit but I guess it's his poke ability (And just another way to stack more Wrath's). I think CDR might be too strong on him (Especially late game) with his Q able to deal 13% of someone's max health every 3 seconds and getting a knockup every 4 seconds. Not to mention that with 400-500 AP (Seems easy enough to pull off) that means his Autoattacks are doing tons of damage that the enemy team hasn't itemized against (Because he's also doing tons of AP damage with his E). It feels like he's too powerfull late game but might be too weak early. Balancing it out would definetely help in making him a more interesting champion.

But I just really like champs that can do stuff all game, so maybe it's just not my style.

Anyway, GO TEAM BARON!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmmm. Thanks for the enthusiasm, first! I was just struck by the note that this is but a simulacrum, and the real Nashor is elsewhere. I'll admit, I have a huuuge soft spot for on-hit damage. But you make some good points!
    Q has had early damage raised, late damage lowered, and early cooldown lowered. I also made W slightly delayed in its damage, with the plus of triggering passive more than once. The passive has been given a pretty long duration, since it's otherwise very difficult to actually get stacks past one. With these changes, he should be able to keep going.
    As a side note, I slightly nerfed the passive: it magnifies his damage the same, but other people get much less benefit from it. Should I undo that?

@Duos again:
    Lin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did you ever watch the dodgy cartoon Legend of the Dragon? Cause she looks like Ling in my head. She also seems like she'd fit in perfectly in Noxus.

I love her passive! I think it's new! It'd like an AP passive though. 0.01%, or even 0.005%...
    Q is fine!
    W is fine, if slightly confusing to use.
    E confuses me because poison is meant to use AP.
    R is also pretty cool!
    What confuses me is the AP ratios. She has a couple, but they're not big enough to actually use for anything. It may just be a personal taste thing, but I prefer someone to be either pure AD, pure AP, or buildable either way.

Verdesol
    Spoiler
    Show
    Interestin'. Not my favourite archetype, but that's not a problem. Like the passive.
    Q is interesting. Feel that 1 second is hardly worth it. Love the fluff on the W.
    Like the E! They haven't done much that interacts with sight.
    R is also pretty cool.
    Where's he meant to go? I originally guessed support, but he has three damaging abilities and decent ratios. Top?
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2012-11-29 at 04:13 PM.

18. - Top - End - #978

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    Well, according to LoLmatches it took me 10 days to go from 1500 to 1800 on dominion once I got serious about it. http://lolmatches.com/player/na/19218624/Thrawnyboy Check the normal dominion chart if you don't believe me.

Sadly, lolmatches stopped recording people's elo around that point in time, so I'll never know just how much higher I got before I burned out and drifted away from league for a while.
    It's not LoLMatches; Riot removed the information from the log files and apparently adjusted the matchmaker a bit too (or more people got to the Very High Elo) since my queue times dropped by about 20-30 mins. They don't want Normal Elo available since they want to keep Normals casual and just have people enjoy the game.

Of course, given there is no Ranked Dominion, that kinda leaves competitive Dom players in a void with no way to measure their skill. Even tournaments only tell you so much since you're playing with a full premade team and thus can "get carried" by better players.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Of course, given there is no Ranked Dominion, that kinda leaves competitive Dom players in a void with no way to measure their skill. Even tournaments only tell you so much since you're playing with a full premade team and thus can "get carried" by better players.
    True, though I used to watch the weekly tournament dominatedominion ran on Saturdays. Watching Point Defense take on Owes Evelyn Child Support really showed me what Dominion was supposed to look like. Sadly ELO decay took my account to the point where people don't even get revive anymore. Ah well, at least at this ELO I can play a larger selection of heroes without gimping my team overly much.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

20. - Top - End - #980

Gonna separate some of the reviews, since one megahuge post seems kinda clunky.

On "Bad feel moments": Actually a really good point. I think I'm just going to remove the retraction damage entirely so people don't get the wrong idea with it.

Scribbles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A paint mage, neat! I think his background is hilarious too. Remember kids, winners don't do drugs!

I think his passive is pretty cool, but a little complicated. I might just change it to have all summoners have reduced cooldowns, by like 10/15/20%. That seems like it would be good.

His Q is neat, although I would most definitely increase the base cooldown by at least 4 seconds and edit the CD reduction clause, since right now, it's pretty much Karthus Q when used right. I might have it so that whenever Scribbles deals damage to an enemy champion, reduce the CD by one.

His W feels strange. I mean, I love the flavor, but it just doesn't feel like it fits with the rest of his kit. Why does a mage need movespeed and HP/5? It would feel mre at home on a toplane bruiser. I would look for a different passive, maybe granting CDR or AP. I really like the active portion, though. A drawing erasing itself to escape unseen feels SO right.

E is really neat, but I'm worried about power level. On the one hand, you can push a lane harder than anybody else since you can make one minion wave into a double wave. On the other hand, the enemy then gets double gold. I might do away with the reanimation part of the ability for simplicity's sake. I also might hit the slow duration out-of-pool a bit. Look at Singed glue, for example.

R is split. On the one hand, the passive feels kind of tacked on. It encouges you to get yourself hurt and killed, and the CD on the bonus AP means you won't ever really earn more than 20-40 AP with it per game. The active, on the other hand, is neat and simple. It's a big, long skillshot that refreshes your primary nuke for moar DPS. I like that part.

Arvance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another prime example of superior Noxian genetic stock. Not nearly as awesome and cool and handsome as DRaaaaaven, though. Nobody can be.

Passive is really, really interesting. On the one hand it makes you really easy to itemize against. On the other, MR is inherently more expensive and has fewer itemization options than armor does. I like it, we'll see where the rest of the champion takes us.

Q: Ok. Very basic steroid, lots of As, encourages you to build damage over AS and resists over hp due to vamping for your sustain. Pretty well rounded, although the vamp is sort of negligable.

His W confused me at first, because the wording isn't very clear, but then i realized it's basically Caitlin's 90-Caliber Net, minus the slow. Seems ok, Bruisers need gapclosers.

I like the E. It allows you to tank damage, then POW, shield. IT encourages you to get into fights so your shield is worth more when you eventually pop it. I like this skill.

R is pretty straight forward. I don't know if you need the passive bonus gold for minions, since by the time you get your ult you will have already done most of oyur farming, and it's not even a whole lot of bonus gold in the first place. TF's PASSIVE gives you that much gold. I might just chop it off, for the sake of simplicity. The damage portion is pretty straightforward as well. A big old nuke with a hefty slow attached. I like it.

Other thoughts: Why does he have AP ratios? His passive makes him do lots of magic damage anyways, and his Q encourages you to be autoattacking, so you really want AD. I might cut the AP ratios altogether and increase the base damage a bit, so that way you're encouraged to build him with some tankiness instead of going the trap route of 'squishy melee guy.'

On lix's feedback:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On Lin: I flipped the ratio and damage types on Lin's W and E, because you actually do make alot of sense with poison being magic
    Also, personally, I feel like unless the champion is designed for it (I.E. Riven) you should never have a wasted stat on a champion.

On Verdesol: I think Q is actually pretty strong. the Regneration is fairly high, moreso with any AP, and although 20% MS may not be a lot, it's teamwide, has a short CD, and I hear Shurelia's is really, really good.
    The plan was that he could either play support and transition into tank late game with your CC, you can go top and build bruiser due to good ratios, or you can jungle due to Q sustain, which lets you counterjungle really well due to passive and gank really well due to W.

Emelia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Creepy but vaguely endearing fangirlism, very neat story. No real need to worry about being too high-tech, techmaturgy and hextech stuff is basically the lovechild of rule of cool and steampunk, so you're good on that front.

I DO worry about her passive, though. You really, really shouldn't break hard caps, like attack speed, since the whole game is balanced around them. I would suggest something that makes her FEEL like she's attacking really fast, like having her autoattacks being broken into two shots that both apply on-hits but do half damage. You could keep the passive as a %AS increase like regular attack speed buffs, as long as you don't go over the cap.

Q damage is nuts. With no AP, if you poke somebody five times, they take 340 damage. I would cut some base damage, cut part of the ratio, cut the number of max stacks, (probably to three) and change it to stack additively in damage instead of time, a la Darius passive.
    The active portion is fine, though. A bit of burst and some soft CC is good,although i'd pick slow or blind, not both, since Q has such a short CD.

W is really confusing. I can't really comment on it until I understand what it does. Could you clarify what you're trying to do with it?

I LOVE the E. the microstealth causes people to lose aggro if they're autoing you blindly, and the silence prevents most forms of CC short of red buff and friends. Although, I might change it up a bit-a small speed boost, like 1% for the duration of the stealth, a sliiiight reduction in silence time (3 seconds is forever, if you've ever been feared by fiddles you know what i'm talking about) and edit the stealth to be slightly longer-like, 0.5 seconds seems good.

I think the ult could actually be buffed a bit-decrease the wait time after casting and increase the base damage by something small, 5 or 10, and it would be perfect. Scaling off of attack speed is really cool-the more AS you're packing, the faster you deliver your burst and the less time they have to get out of the way, although I might hit the AoE size just a tad.

Nathan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    SPLOSIONS! I like the fluff. He feels like he would fit right in at the Institute of war.

The passive is really neat. Played cleverly, it allows you to compete with Sivir and MF for the title of go-to AoE carry. Fairly straightforward.

Q is a good dueling tool, although you should clarify what you mean by 'damage'. Daamge dealt? AD? attack speed? Base damage seems kind of high for a carry; I would hit the scaling on it. A good , solid skill though.

His W is a pretty nice steroid. Average AS steroid, AMAZING MS steroid; I might actually reduce the MS portion a bit, actually, and reduce the max duration a tad. Slow immunity we've seen before, blind immunity is interesting, countering teemo and graves pretty well. Would it counter Noct ult? That seems like it would be kind of lame, but it'd make him a great counterpick.

I'm not so hot on his E. Any skill you need to be dead to use feels just wrong to me, Kog and Karthus passives notwithstanding. Maybe give him another AoE centric skill? He's an AoE focused carry, after all.

The ult is really nice. I like the fact that it makes your autos go POPreally well. I might actually reduce the CD on this at later levels, actually, since it's a big part of his kit, like Draven axes.
    Last edited by Duos; 2012-11-29 at 04:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    People have already commented but: It provides HP and armor, which are both good.

35 magic damage and combining 2 good items isn't the worst thing in the world.

For instance, if you play Xin Zhao you can build Sunfires+Wits End and do lots and lots of magic and physical damage. The same is true on Darius with a Sunfire, its more magic damage. This makes it hard to itemize against you (Darius with Sunfire does moderate magic and true damage, but has pretty high physical attacks... so how do you itemize? Aegis? ).

Shen with Ionic Spark+Sunfire is pretty good at split pushing, as was previously mentioned.

Also: Sunfire is cool. Its like... the item Garen used to build. I still remember Sunfire Sunday and 5 tank comps with only sunfires... winning... somehow.

22. - Top - End - #982

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    People have already commented but: It provides HP and armor, which are both good.

35 magic damage and combining 2 good items isn't the worst thing in the world.

For instance, if you play Xin Zhao you can build Sunfires+Wits End and do lots and lots of magic and physical damage. The same is true on Darius with a Sunfire, its more magic damage. This makes it hard to itemize against you (Darius with Sunfire does moderate magic and true damage, but has pretty high physical attacks... so how do you itemize? Aegis? ).

Shen with Ionic Spark+Sunfire is pretty good at split pushing, as was previously mentioned.

Also: Sunfire is cool. Its like... the item Garen used to build. I still remember Sunfire Sunday and 5 tank comps with only sunfires... winning... somehow.
    It got raised back up to 40 damage long ago.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ettin in the Playground

Critiques? I give ye: Damian Sanguerre, the Magebane
    Spoiler
    Show
    A magical "blank" that, in response to growing up in a world populated extensively and even sometimes ruled by magic, nutured an all-consuming hate for the force throughout his young life. He eventually directed this hate the way far too many frustrated young men do - by becoming a serial killer for hire, specilizing in destroying magi.
    Was contracted to kill a high-ranking Summoner and, although his assassination was successful, he was bound and imprisoned - and forced to fight in the League as penance for his crimes.

Equipment: Hextech revolver (single), various hextech "Cybernetic" upgrades.

Resource: Energy
    Energy Returns whenever Damian attaks from stealth - whether it be from the bush or Cloak and Revolver.

Passive: Absent in the realms of Magic:
    All AP/MR-boosting items instead boost AD/Armour, and all non-true types of damage are instantly converted into physical damage.

Active 1: Wound and Mark:
    Damian fires a single precision shot from his revolver, dealing physical damage and snaring his opponent for a shot duration.

Active 2: Cloak and Revolver:
    Damian becomes stealthed for a short duration. His next attack deals bonus physical damage and silences his target for a short duration. While stealthed, Damain enjoys increased movement speed.

Active 3: Hobble and Drain:
    Damian fires a single shot which deals bonus physical damage, and half that to the target's mana. If the target is silenced or snared, damage to mana is doubled.

Ultimate: AMP (Anti-Magic Pulse)
    Damian activates a hextech inplant which deals damage in a wide area, centered on himself. The attack deals bonus physical damage based on the amount of mana missing from each struck target. All enemy champions are also silenced for a short duration.

Yes, I'm aware that the abilities (except maybe the ult) need re-naming, and numbers on said abilities need to be done. Maybe tweaking his resource a bit to run like Heat or Rage.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

24. - Top - End - #984
    Orc in the Playground

Speaking of the IPL, I'm currently at work and therefore unable to get any real information on whats going on. Anybody that's been watching care to give me a rundown of whats been happening? Who won, what games have been played, ridiculous plays and/or must watches etc.

I'll be you friend
    He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful.

"What you do is travel around, pitting your summons against other summoners. This gives you the right to compete in tournaments, and to gain more and more powerful summons.

Just watch out for evil Team Meteor Swarm, who want to steal your Eidolon for no good reason."
    Mark Hall

25. - Top - End - #985

Quote Originally Posted by knightMARE View Post
    Speaking of the IPL, I'm currently at work and therefore unable to get any real information on whats going on. Anybody that's been watching care to give me a rundown of whats been happening? Who won, what games have been played, ridiculous plays and/or must watches etc.

I'll be you friend
    If you can open Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...up_stage_live/

If not (SPOILERS!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Group A:
    Azubu Blaze beat TD
    World Elite beat Fnatic

Fnatic beat TD
    Azubu Blaze vs. WE yet to be played

Fnatic vs. Loser is the final match

Group B:
    CLG.Prime beat Fear
    CLG.EU beat Iceland

Iceland vs. Fear & CLG.EU vs. CLG.Prime next matches

Group C:
    Curse.EU beat TSM
    Meat Playground vs. Singapore Sentinels is yet to be played (Loser faces TSM, winner faces Curse.EU)

Group D:
    M5 beat Curse.NA
    Taipei Assassins beat Black Bean

M5 vs. Taipei Assassins currently underway
    Curse.NA beat Black Bean

Disclaimer: This post probably won't be updated unlike the Reddit thread.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-11-29 at 05:33 PM.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

Scribbles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hee, thanks.

Might... all be good suggestions. Passive and Q changed.
    The W gives MANA regen, not health. It's to allow him to sustain a little, since I wanted him to be more sustained in his damage.

Honestly simplicity is not my desire here. The entire point of that ability is the minion-steal.
    I think I used singed for reference. I did something like half the slow, make it slightly more persistent when it got you but a shorter time is lasted on the ground... will lower more.

Bah. I tried making it less dangerous by giving it the mass damage trigger. How about this incarnation?
    The idea is for the pun. Feedback as in ideas for art, feedback as in LIGHTNING.

Arvance
    Spoiler
    Show
    I got yelled at when I gave him higher vamp xD Tried to clear up W. Thanks on E.
    The ult gives the gold mainly because why not. It just seemed better to include it than to not. xD
    As for the AP ratios... he's armed with Gunblades. It was necessary!

feedback feedback
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fair enough! xD

Emelia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fangirling is fun. (giggle)

(sigh) Yeah, I may have to finally accept that I can't do that.
    Besides, it's nearly impossible to hit cap anyway. I'mma steal your idea.
    Aha!
    If you poked someone with the Q five times, they'd take 34 damage x5, over ten seconds. Regardless, editing for the new passive nerfed it slightly. xD
    W was intensely complex. I gave up on the complex part.
    Thanks! I lowered the silence to 2s at max, but I made the stealth equal duration. She has no blink, so it shouldn't be TOO obnoxious.
    R underpowered? Hooray for buffs! Now, let me just put them on the PBE for playtest-oh.

Nathan
    Spoiler
    Show
    I love Nathan.
    Suggestion taken on damage on Q, debuff clarified. :)
    W MS lowered a little, along with duration
    I do not want to change the E. Originally, it was a 'use ability to die', but both gameplay concerns and terrorist comparisons made that idea go away. If you think about it, this IS Kog's passive.

Barnabus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everything works beautifully. He is a top-down concept. xD

@Thanatos: I have NO idea how to balance that passive. Like, at all. I expect there probably is a way, but I don't know what it is. xD

27. - Top - End - #987

That mana reduction skill is basically the worst idea for a fun game. It basically means his lane opponent never gets to use spells, ever. Consider the fact that he can build the AP bruiser itemization (Zhonya's, Deathcap, Abyssal, Rylai's) and with a base of ~100 AD will hit over 600 AD. Even at 0.5 bonus AD scaling with a really low base damage, you're still taking over 250 mana from them every time you use the skill. It would take 3-4 uses of that skill to completely drain the mana pool of most bruisers, and as all his MR itemization goes to armour, I feel like he'd be a stronger Counter Bruiser Bruiser Newguy than a mage-slayer.

Also, just pick Vlad/Morde/Lee Sin/AD Kennen/Support Shen. What do you do now?

28. - Top - End - #988

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    True, though I used to watch the weekly tournament dominatedominion ran on Saturdays. Watching Point Defense take on Owes Evelyn Child Support really showed me what Dominion was supposed to look like. Sadly ELO decay took my account to the point where people don't even get revive anymore. Ah well, at least at this ELO I can play a larger selection of heroes without gimping my team overly much.
    Normal is a pain. For some reason I lost 8 out of 11 games with Diana today, just 'cause there was that one Crit Olaf in one game, Locket/Shurelya Singed in another, DC in a third and so on and so forth; I just seems impossible to get teams without trolls or otherwise just ****ty players that have no business being in 2k+ Elo (tho I'm guessing they're perfectly capable of playing well and just decided to troll). *sigh*

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix_Lorn
    @Thanatos: I have NO idea how to balance that passive. Like, at all. I expect there probably is a way, but I don't know what it is. xD
    I may have written it wrong. I was trying to word it in such a way as to do little but make Magic pen USELESS.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    That mana reduction skill is basically the worst idea for a fun game. It basically means his lane opponent never gets to use spells, ever. Consider the fact that he can build the AP bruiser itemization (Zhonya's, Deathcap, Abyssal, Rylai's) and with a base of ~100 AD will hit over 600 AD. Even at 0.5 bonus AD scaling with a really low base damage, you're still taking over 250 mana from them every time you use the skill. It would take 3-4 uses of that skill to completely drain the mana pool of most bruisers, and as all his MR itemization goes to armour, I feel like he'd be a stronger Counter Bruiser Bruiser Newguy than a mage-slayer.

I believe the standard balance for such a thing is to make it resource-intensive or give it a long cooldown, likely both.

Also: the lack of methods for dealing with non-mana characters is a little bit intentional, a little bit I-have-no-idea-how-to-make-this-work. Instinctual answer is a roughly equivilent percentage, but that still leaves Rumble and the coldown-only champions like Garren and Katarina.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

30. - Top - End - #990
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post

If I recall correctly, old Wit's End was also intended as an anti-mage item with mana burn instead of magic resist, but instead ended up being amazing vs tanks and bruisers.