New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 59 of 121 FirstFirst ... 93449505152535455565758596061626364656667686984109 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 3609
  1. - Top - End - #1741
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XXII

Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    A791: Addendum
    For a bladed warforged component there is the Armblade from RoE
    i was asking about the Bladefist a component in (Ebberon campaign setting) not (races of ebberon) armblade is a whole different component.
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2013-02-21 at 03:33 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1742
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

The hydras breath isnt given a type of attack (su, ex, etc) it just says "These purplish hydras can breathe jets of frost 10 feet high, 10 feet
    wide, and 20 feet long. All heads breathe once every 1d4 rounds.
    Each jet deals 3d6 points of cold damage per head. A successful
    Reflex save halves the damage. The save DC is 10 + 1/2 hydra’s
    original number of heads + hydra’s Con modifier.
    Cold attacks cannot prevent a cryohydra’s stump from growing
    new heads (since a cryohydra has immunity to cold), but 5 points
    of fire damage does."

3. - Top - End - #1743
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by mlanier View Post
    The hydras breath isnt given a type of attack (su, ex, etc) it just says "These purplish hydras can breathe jets of frost 10 feet high, 10 feet
    wide, and 20 feet long. All heads breathe once every 1d4 rounds.
    Each jet deals 3d6 points of cold damage per head. A successful
    Reflex save halves the damage. The save DC is 10 + 1/2 hydra’s
    original number of heads + hydra’s Con modifier.
    Cold attacks cannot prevent a cryohydra’s stump from growing
    new heads (since a cryohydra has immunity to cold), but 5 points
    of fire damage does."
    By srd its supernatural which means its accessible with metamorphic transformation which means a level 9 psion can deal 27d6 damage in one turn. Balanced.

4. - Top - End - #1744
    Ettin in the Playground

Whatever it is, it is not an extraordinary attack (even if only by lack of type) so the psion does not get it.

Quote Originally Posted by mlanier View Post
    By srd its supernatural which means its accessible with metamorphic transformation which means a level 9 psion can deal 27d6 damage in one turn. Balanced.
    What power/ability are you talking about? I thought you were talking about metamorphosis. Metamorphosis does not grant supernatural abilities.
    Last edited by Andezzar; 2013-02-21 at 03:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1745
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Andezzar View Post
    Whatever it is, it is not an extraordinary attack (even if only by lack of type) so the psion does not get it.

What power/ability are you talking about? I thought you were talking about metamorphosis. Metamorphosis does not grant supernatural abilities.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Metamorphosis
    But metamorphic transfer does...

http://www.dandwiki.com
    /wiki/SRD:Breath_Weapon

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Metamorphic_Transfer

6. - Top - End - #1746
    Ettin in the Playground

The thing is, the breath of a cryohydra is neither classified as a breath weapon nor as a supernatural ability. So even with metamorphic transfer the psion would not get it. The lack of classification probably is an omission but such thoughts are beyond the scope of this thread.

7. - Top - End - #1747
    Ettin in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Drackstin View Post
    i was asking about the Bladefist a component in (Ebberon campaign setting) not (races of ebberon) armblade is a whole different component.
    I really don't know what component you're talking about. There is the Battlefist, as previously mentioned by urpriest.

8. - Top - End - #1748
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

I am looking for the thread with the money making shenanigans, it discussed fabricate spell and turning a ladder into ten foot poles among other things. I'd sure it myself but I can no longer seem to find the search tool. anyone now anything like wat I'm talking about?
    Your never to old to Role Play

9. - Top - End - #1749
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Seth62 View Post
    I am looking for the thread with the money making shenanigans, it discussed fabricate spell and turning a ladder into ten foot poles among other things. I'd sure it myself but I can no longer seem to find the search tool. anyone now anything like wat I'm talking about?
    Try Googling it.

Also, this thread is for rules questions, not whatever question you can happen to think of.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

10. - Top - End - #1750

Q800 Does the feat shield sling ((lets you make a trip attempt while throwing a shield )) , stack with bloodstorm blade prc ability to throw your weapon to hit everyone/thing?

11. - Top - End - #1751
    Pixie in the Playground

Q 881

If you have something (say, longswords) in both hands, and you attack with your off-hand, but not your main hand, do you take the TWF penalty?

Q 882

When making a ranged touch attack with a somatic component, are there any rules regarding what hand you must use? Do you have to use the same hand to gesture and aim, or could you gesture with one and aim with the other?
    "Can I burrow through the ceiling?" - One of my players as a Halfling Rogue 1

12. - Top - End - #1752

A 881

No

Q 882

No

13. - Top - End - #1753
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Q 776

Just to confirm: If I'm under the effect of the Girralon Arms spell and use two of my arms to make weapon attacks, am I then unable to make claw attacks that round with the other two arms?

Q 777

Are there any spells other than Mindrape that alter memories with a duration of instantaneous?
    Bumping questions. Also have more:

Q 883

Can a weapon designed for use with three or more hands (Savage Species p42) still be used with only two hands?

Q 884

Quote Originally Posted by Planar Binding, Lesser
    You can attempt to compel the creature to perform a service by describing the service and perhaps offering some sort of reward. You make a Charisma check opposed by the creature’s Charisma check. The check is assigned a bonus of +0 to +6 based on the nature of the service and the reward.
    Is the bonus given to the caster's check or the creature's check?
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

14. - Top - End - #1754
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    A 791

There is no component called bladefist in the Ebberon Campaign Setting. Assuming you are referring to the Battlefist, there are two different effects, one of which is to change the damage of your unarmed strike and the other of which is to change the damage of your slam. They are entirely unconnected. Changing the Medium slam damage from 1d4 to 1d8 is not the same as increasing it by one size. If your base damage is 1d8 as a Medium weapon, the equivalent Large weapon deals 2d6, according to the natural weapon size charts.
    sorry i did mean the battlefist, and i do understand that they are 2 diffrent effects but i am asking what the effects might change to if you created the battlefist as a large component since the normal is stated for medium. i was taking into account that the 2 abilitys that come with it don't make much sence, since the natural attack bounce granted by the component is the 2 size categorys rather then 1 like the monks, as i do understand that the warforged has a underpowered slam attack normaly, and all accounts show that (from warforged charger) a large warforged and large construct should have 1d8

15. - Top - End - #1755
    Titan in the Playground

Q 885: Is there a way to make soul melds undetectable to anything other then true seeing or equivalently powerful divination?

Q 886: Is there a way to make it so that a Galloren Arms Soulmeld's extra arms have full utility as a pair of arms instead of just "Mount extra claw attacks, boost grapple and climb checks?" I'd specifically be looking to use them to grab a weapon with one normal hand and one Soulmeld hand, and grab the sheath with the other normal and soul meld hand.

Q 887: Is there any way to make Incarnate Weapon appear with a sheath?

Q 888: Is there a way to make Incarnate weapon count as an exotic weapon with which you are proficient?

Q 889: Is it possible to take Weapons Focus: Incarnate weapon?
    "I Burn!"

16. - Top - End - #1756
    Ettin in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Q 777

Are there any spells other than Mindrape that alter memories with a duration of instantaneous?
    A777

Not to the best of my knowledge.
    Closest I could find is "memory rot" which does int drain
    Last edited by Gildedragon; 2013-02-22 at 09:36 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1757
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

Q890 why play a dragon wrought kobold?
    Last edited by kaaskeizer; 2013-02-22 at 11:59 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1758
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 883 Probably not; ask your DM.

Savage Species is a pre-3.5 book, with no 3.5 rules update. Everything involving weapon sizes underwent a thorough revision from 3.0 rules to the 3.5 update of D&D. The general pattern for 3.5 rules is that you can hold, but not wield, a weapon if you don't use as many hands as it was designed for.

A 884

The bonus is assigned to the caster's Charisma check, based on the size of the reward offered for the creature's service.

A 887 No.

An Incarnate Weapon returns to your hands if it leaves them; you get no sheath.

A 888 No.

None of the Incarnate Weapon options (battleaxe, flail, warhammer, and longsword) are exotic weapons.

A 889 No.

You can take Weapon Focus (battleaxe) and receive the bonus if your alignment is Chaotic, but Incarnate Weapon is not a type of weapon itself; see page 72 of Magic of Incarnum.

Re: Q 890

"Why" is not a rules question. Feel free to create a new thread with this topic to solicit opinions.

19. - Top - End - #1759
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q900: Some spells are available to multiple class lists. I'm pretty sure it does for scrolls, but for wands, does it matter what type of magic (arcane or divine) makes the item for determining who uses it? Does it possibly get more specific than that and actually care about class as well? A couple examples:

A cleric makes a wand of Cure Light Wounds. Can a favored soul use it? What about a bard? What about a druid?

An assassin makes a wand of Invisibility. Can a wizard use it? What about a cleric with the Trickery domain?
    Last edited by Mongrel; 2013-02-22 at 02:02 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1760
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 900

Wands do not have a type (arcane/divine) or a class. The only requirement for use is that the spell contained in the wand appears on your class's spell list (and is not prohibited to you).

21. - Top - End - #1761
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks Curmudgeon.

Another question I found:

Q901: In the Monster Manual Zombie entry, they essentially have instructions for applying a "zombie template" to any creature, plus they have a few examples. In each of the examples, the creature has damage reduction 5/slashing, but this is not mentioned anywhere in the instructions on how to apply the "zombie template." Am I correct in assuming that zombies all have DR 5/slashing and they simply forgot to include that in the templating instructions, or was the mistake made in the other direction (i.e. the examples shouldn't have had the DR)?
    Last edited by Mongrel; 2013-02-22 at 04:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1762
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 901

It's always a good idea to read the errata:
    Zombie
    Monster Manual, page 266
    All zombies have damage reduction 5/slashing. The template should have the following text under Special Qualities.
    Damage Reduction 5/Slashing: Zombies are lumbering masses of flesh.

23. - Top - End - #1763
    Barbarian in the Playground

Q902: how much would a slotted continuous-use Detect Poison item cost?

24. - Top - End - #1764
    Titan in the Playground

Q 903 If I were to use fiendform to assume the form of a lemure, I get its ex, su, and sp qualities. one of its ex qualities is mindlessness. however, since fiendform is keyed off of alter self, I keep my own int. do I keep my int and stay vulnerable to mind affecting, or do I keep my int and gain lemure's immunity to mind-affecting?
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

25. - Top - End - #1765
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 902 Ask your DM.

The cost of any custom magic item is up to your individual DM, with actual worth being the primary consideration.

26. - Top - End - #1766
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A903

The latter. You keep your Int score and gain the Mindless (Ex) ability. This makes you a "creature with the Mindless (Ex) ability", not a "mindless creature" (one with no Int score).

Spoiler
    Show
    It's confounds me that we went from 791 to 901 within 1 page. Oh well
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2013-02-23 at 06:59 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1767
    Titan in the Playground

A902 addendum The guidelines a DM would probably use suggest it would start around 1000gp for a use-activated item of detect poison; I don't think you could make it continuous without substantial fiddling, since it's an instantaneous spell. (0.5 * 1 * 2000 = 1000.) Exactly how much the item is really worth is a bit less obvious, but that figure doesn't seem very far off for something that requires activation and will likely go out of style around level 8 or 10 anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

28. - Top - End - #1768
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Q904
    I cant understand how Power Attack with Cobalt Power (Magic of Icarnum) works.
    You also gain an insight bonus equal to the invested essentia on damage rolls made when using Power Attack (up to a maximum value equal to the penalty accepted on the attack roll).
    E.g. 1 invested essentia + PA (-5 BAB +5 damage) = +5 damage (PA) + 1?
    And how much essentian i can invest into Cobalt Power?

29. - Top - End - #1769
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's confounds me that we went from 791 to 901 within 1 page. Oh well
    Spoiler
    Show
    Numbers. Some people can't do them.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

30. - Top - End - #1770
    Ogre in the Playground

A 904: You are correct. You get +1 damage in the scenario you presented. As far as the limits of essentia you can invest in the feat:

Quote Originally Posted by MoI
    However large your essentia pool is, you can only invest a certain amount of essentia into any one soulmeld, feat, class feature, magic item, or other incarnum receptacle. Your character level determines this essentia capacity, as shown on Table 2–1.
    Blank 3.5 Character Creator Iron Chef Style Tables (in Google Sheets)

Chairman Emeritus of Zinc Saucier.

Avatar by Derjuin, sing her praises to Elysium.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.