New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Who should be in Smash Bros 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Fargazer View Post
    I've always really liked the idea of Geno being in SSB, if they could somehow get the rights.
    I never got why Square never sold Geno and the other SMRPG cahracters to Nintendo. After all, lord knows they've never used them again.

I'm even more baffled as to why no SMRPG characters even showed up in those two MArio basketball games Square produced for the DS. Was it a matter of rights issues, or did somebody just drop the ball for that particular opportunity?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

So full of win. Crono's one of the coolest silent protagonists ever. Magus would also be cool.
    I support this statement wholly, along with the addition of almost ANY FF/KH CHARACTERS. I want to play as Sephiroth and/or riku. Is that so bad?

Support Unforgotten Quest, a game based off the d&d-inspired webshow Unforgotten Realms, here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...orgotten-quest

Do it or die... inside.
    Last edited by Tolvan; 2012-11-28 at 04:31 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    The most likely thing to happen is that Ike will be replaced by Krom/Chrom from the soon-to-be-released-internationally Fire Emblem: Awakening, due to the formula seeming to be Marth + Lord from most recent FE game. Though a Roy costume for Marth would be pretty nice.
    Though this also raises a question: will he be reappearing in Smash Bros in his ? And more importantly, will he a costume too?
    I liked Ike. Roy could be a recolour for Marth, but Ike had unique moves about him, and I love his theme.
    Last edited by Acanous; 2012-11-28 at 07:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Spamalot in the Playground

I wouldn't mind seeing a few new assist trophies.
    Bob (Bubble Bobble) and Lolo (Adventures of Lolo) could be fun.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Acanous could you please spoiler or snip the Marth images? They stretch the screen a lot.

Anyway I would like three Fire Emblem Lord, Hector as a strong but slow character, Marth could be a quick character with low damage per hit;but fast attacks to rack up damage and maybe Ephraim (the only Lance Lord I recall) as an medium between them.
    Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2012-11-29 at 10:08 AM.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jothki View Post
    Was just about to post the same thing. That game needs more love.

Wonder how his mechanics would work, though. His most interesting ability wouldn't work in a fighting game without a lot of tweaking. Maybe change it to a several second time rewind on a moderate cooldown, if they could manage to make that work?

Besides that, he does have abilities that could be adapted into his other B moves, so that won't be an issue. Assuming Final Smashes are still in, I'm wondering if Monado Buster or one of the Monado buffs would be better for him.
    I'd use his visions for a Final Smash. You activate it silently, and it records then next ten seconds of inputs. Then the game flashes back to ten seconds ago and everyone repeats their inputs... except Shulk. That'd be one powerful utility move. If you know what the opponent will do for ten seconds, you can really do some damage with it.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

How I would do the list:

Mario Series

1. Mario
    2. Luigi - Changed to use his vaccuum from Luigi's Mansion.
    3. Wario
    4. Yoshi
    5. Peach
    6. Bowser
    7. Geno - Because these characters need to come back in some form.
    8. Mallow - Ditto

Donkey Kong Country

9. Donkey Kong
    10. Diddy Kong
    11. King K Rool

The Legend of Zelda

12. Link
    13. Zelda/Shiek
    14. Gannondorf - Changed to make him less of a clone and more reliant on magic and his giant sword.
    Toon Link

Metroid

15. Samus Aran
    16. Ridley

Kirby

17. Kirby
    18. Meta Knight
    19. King Dedede

Starfox

20. Fox McCloud
    Falco Lombardi - He didn't bring anything to the table in Melee and he didn't bring anything in Brawl IMO either.
    21. Wolf O'Donnell - Wolf on the other hand, is always my favorite to play. Very different from Fox, though I might still change his Final Smash.
    22. Krystal - Only reason I'm bringing her in is so she can do the staff stuff from Starfox Adventures without having to force one of the other characters to do so.

Pokemon (Guess which series I play the most)

23. Pikachu
    24. Jigglypuff
    25. Pokemon Trainer - Getting a choice between ALL the starters might be overdoing it, so how about this: You start out with all three starters: Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, but as you fight with the Pokemon over the course of the battle, they evolve into later forms. Attach some mechanism for them to devolve back into their original forms, such as after the final smash or when the Pokemon Trainer is KO'd. Yes it defies in-game logic, but you then get a better choice.
    26. Mewtwo - Bring him back, but give him a substantial upgrade.
    27. Lucario - I honestly don't care one way or the other about Lucario so I just kept him, though I don't care if he gets cut.
    28. Deoxys - Can switch between different forms ala Zelda/Shiek.
    29. Zoroark - Has his own unique moveset, but one of his B moves will let him touch a player and transform into them, becoming the Shang Tsung of the group.
    30. N - Hear me out. He'd work like the Pokemon Trainer except he'd get Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott to give the newest gen some love, but his Final Smash would be to summon either Reshiram, Zekrom, or Kyurem (randomly chosen).

I didn't make any real changes to these other franchises...

31. Captain Falcon

32. Ness
    33. Lucas

34. Marth
    35. Ike

36. Ice Climbers
    37. Pit
    38. Olimar
    39. Mr. Game&Watch
    40. ROB
    41. Little Mac - He wouldn't be that hard to come up with moves for. B: Wind Up Punch, B->: A lunging flurry of punches, B^ - Leaping Uppercut. Bv - Guard/Counter. Final Smash: some kind of OHKO punch. See, easy! Never even played the games.
    42. Tom Nook - Because we kind of do need an Animal Crossing character at this point since we've got a stage set up for them and everything. Mostly attacks with random tools and leaves that turn into furniture.

And finally the 3rd Party Franchises.

43. Snake
    44. Sonic
    45. Mega Man
    46. Simon Belmont
    47. Crono of Chrono Trigger
    48. Magus also of Chrono Trigger

And then after you've collected all 49 characters, the trophy screen appears congratulating you when suddenly...

"OBJECTION!"

50. Phoenix Wright

EDIT: In my haste to count/edit, I left out someone. I initially had 50, and I can't figure out who I'm missing for the life of me.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2012-11-29 at 04:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

Agent J.
    Not the divas or Kahn because hes on the boxart, and therefor the most recognizable agent
    Final smash is summoning the two back-up dancers, putting on your the inspiration, and making everybody stand in place crying until the songs over.

Plus, you know, awesome vehicular entrance and dance move fighting, but that's secondary.
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Instead of "just" another SSB game, we need a Super Smash Bros vs. Mortal Kombat crossover.

I can already imagine Kano pulling a heart container out of pikachu's chest.

10. - Top - End - #70

Someone mentioned Wreck-It Ralph.

Hokay, I'm totally on board with the idea. No problem. But if it can't be done as a separate character, for crying out loud Nintendo, downloadable skins. If Ralph was a recolor for Donkey Kong I'm pretty sure most of the moves would work. Mega Man X/Zero as a skin for Samus (with some recolors on some attacks maybe?) would be pretty cool. Not ideal but still cool. X for Samus, Zero for Zero Suit.
    Same thing with Peach/Daisy/Other. Heck, they could probably fit Pauline in as a Peach skin if they wanted to.

And why doesn't Mario (and Luigi) have a skin for more of the power ups? If Mario had a Tanooki Suit skin (pardon the pun) more people might play him. Or a hammer brother suit. Etc. These skins don't have to add powers or anything.

Pokemon trainer needs more critters, and more trainer skins.

All I'm really saying though, is that if they can't give us a full blown character, give us a reskin option on a similar character.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Hippo View Post
    Instead of "just" another SSB game, we need a Super Smash Bros vs. Mortal Kombat crossover.

Eeh... I can imagine a crossover like that, but it would be hard to pull off well. I'm pretty sure there's a Robot Chicken Skit of that though.

Now, on the other hand, a Nintendo Vs. Capcom game... Have two different modes of play, one with the fighting based off of Smash Bros, and the other on Vs. Capcom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Someone mentioned Wreck-It Ralph.

Hokay, I'm totally on board with the idea. No problem. But if it can't be done as a separate character, for crying out loud Nintendo, downloadable skins. If Ralph was a recolor for Donkey Kong I'm pretty sure most of the moves would work. Mega Man X/Zero as a skin for Samus (with some recolors on some attacks maybe?) would be pretty cool. Not ideal but still cool. X for Samus, Zero for Zero Suit.
    Same thing with Peach/Daisy/Other. Heck, they could probably fit Pauline in as a Peach skin if they wanted to.

And why doesn't Mario (and Luigi) have a skin for more of the power ups? If Mario had a Tanooki Suit skin (pardon the pun) more people might play him. Or a hammer brother suit. Etc. These skins don't have to add powers or anything.

Pokemon trainer needs more critters, and more trainer skins.

All I'm really saying though, is that if they can't give us a full blown character, give us a reskin option on a similar character.
    I think everyone on this thread, in one form or another, has voiced a similar sentiment. But then comes up a question, should they be paid DLC or free? I know Nintendo isn't the type of company who tries to monetizes on that sort of thing. Sure, with New Super Mario Bros. 2 they have paid DLC in forms of Extra Levels, but that's different from something purely cosmetic like skins.

...And now the thought of Nintendo monetizing fleshed out fighters (aka not clones of existing fighters) horrifies me.

That aside, I would totally go for a Dr. Mario skin. How on earth Sakurai missed the ball and didn't add that to Brawl when we could chose between !Warioware Wario and !Classic Wario is completely beyond me.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

12. - Top - End - #72

And due to your namesake I have another pair of suggestions

Geno and Mallow from Super Mario RPG.
    Just saying.

@DLC or Free
    I wouldn't care either way, it would mostly depend on the characters themselves.

Lets take Mega Man as an excellent example.
    If it were a fully playable character with completely unique moves, that might be worth paying for.
    If it was a Samus clone with the necessary changes (graphics and hitbox changes, animations, etc) but ultimate was move for move identical to Samus? To be honest I would still consider paying for that.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Hippo View Post

Wouldn't work. Transplanting Mortal Kombat characters into a game that has actually good gameplay would be too hard.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74

Put in spoilers for being a long post:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    How I would do the list:

Mario Series

1. Mario
    2. Luigi - Changed to use his vaccuum from Luigi's Mansion.
    3. Wario
    4. Yoshi
    5. Peach
    6. Bowser
    7. Geno - Because these characters need to come back in some form.
    8. Mallow - Ditto

Donkey Kong Country

9. Donkey Kong
    10. Diddy Kong
    11. King K Rool

The Legend of Zelda

12. Link
    13. Zelda/Shiek
    14. Gannondorf - Changed to make him less of a clone and more reliant on magic and his giant sword.
    Toon Link

Metroid

15. Samus Aran
    16. Ridley

Kirby

17. Kirby
    18. Meta Knight
    19. King Dedede

Starfox

20. Fox McCloud
    Falco Lombardi - He didn't bring anything to the table in Melee and he didn't bring anything in Brawl IMO either.
    21. Wolf O'Donnell - Wolf on the other hand, is always my favorite to play. Very different from Fox, though I might still change his Final Smash.
    22. Krystal - Only reason I'm bringing her in is so she can do the staff stuff from Starfox Adventures without having to force one of the other characters to do so.

Pokemon (Guess which series I play the most)

23. Pikachu
    24. Jigglypuff
    25. Pokemon Trainer - Getting a choice between ALL the starters might be overdoing it, so how about this: You start out with all three starters: Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, but as you fight with the Pokemon over the course of the battle, they evolve into later forms. Attach some mechanism for them to devolve back into their original forms, such as after the final smash or when the Pokemon Trainer is KO'd. Yes it defies in-game logic, but you then get a better choice.
    26. Mewtwo - Bring him back, but give him a substantial upgrade.
    27. Lucario - I honestly don't care one way or the other about Lucario so I just kept him, though I don't care if he gets cut.
    28. Deoxys - Can switch between different forms ala Zelda/Shiek.
    29. Zoroark - Has his own unique moveset, but one of his B moves will let him touch a player and transform into them, becoming the Shang Tsung of the group.
    30. N - Hear me out. He'd work like the Pokemon Trainer except he'd get Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott to give the newest gen some love, but his Final Smash would be to summon either Reshiram, Zekrom, or Kyurem (randomly chosen).

I didn't make any real changes to these other franchises...

31. Captain Falcon

32. Ness
    33. Lucas

34. Marth
    35. Ike

36. Ice Climbers
    37. Pit
    38. Olimar
    39. Mr. Game&Watch
    40. ROB
    41. Little Mac - He wouldn't be that hard to come up with moves for. B: Wind Up Punch, B->: A lunging flurry of punches, B^ - Leaping Uppercut. Bv - Guard/Counter. Final Smash: some kind of OHKO punch. See, easy! Never even played the games.
    42. Tom Nook - Because we kind of do need an Animal Crossing character at this point since we've got a stage set up for them and everything. Mostly attacks with random tools and leaves that turn into furniture.

And finally the 3rd Party Franchises.

43. Snake
    44. Sonic
    45. Mega Man
    46. Simon Belmont
    47. Crono of Chrono Trigger
    48. Magus also of Chrono Trigger

And then after you've collected all 49 characters, the trophy screen appears congratulating you when suddenly...

"OBJECTION!"

50. Phoenix Wright

EDIT: In my haste to count/edit, I left out someone. I initially had 50, and I can't figure out who I'm missing for the life of me.
    Could it of been Pac-man?

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Toon Link
    I can accept cutting Toon Link if and only if they compensate for it by making normal Link not suck bomb flowers.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    I can accept cutting Toon Link if and only if they compensate for it by making normal Link not suck bomb flowers.
    This.

I'd like to see Ghirahim be added as well if they're going to cut Toon Link. I guess it depends on whether the Zelda characters will be based on Skyward Sword or the next Zelda game (at the moment, it could go either way). I think he could be a unique and interesting character.

I hadn't thought about Deoxys until it was suggested earlier, I think it's great idea, and Gen III deserves some love. It might be hard to incorporate all of its 4 formes though.

Given that Ubisoft seem to be good pals with Nintendo at the moment, I wonder how much of a chance there is of Rayman getting in. He could be a fun character. I'm actually kinda surprised no-one's suggested him so far.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ultimately, I don't have any specific thoughts. But if they: A) introduced more characters that were, if not obscure, at least not their mainstay go-to guys people are expecting by now, and B) aren't just clones, I'd be happy. It worked out in each time they've done it thus far, imo, both in terms of awareness (I'm gonna venture a guess that SSB vaulted awareness of mother/earthbound and fire emblem fairly high after their releases) and in terms of gameplay, and I think that's more engaging than "More pokemon, new fire emblem swordsman, more space animals." Not to say that's all it was, but I enjoy the "Who the eff is that?" that I get sometimes.

If we're dipping our toes outside the nintendo-owned end of things, though...

still, may as well toss out a few specific thoughts

Well, to repeat the cries of so many, any of the setting-unique characters from SMRPG would be awesome. Geno is the obvious fit, but mallow could be interesting. And drumming up interest in old games that they put on digital download isn't a bad idea, assuming they can wrangle the rights.

Phoenix Wright would fit SSB far better than MvC, at least thematically, so i'd enjoy seeing that. Heck, a lot of capcom characters could be fun. Megaman has been pointed out, viewtiful joe could be interesting, and I'm too lazy to think of more, but I still feel they've probably got some more funsies in there.

Conker could be an interesting addition as well, being small, light, but full of potentially comedic potential. Can't say I know much about him, but when's that stopped anyone before?

And for something with no connection to nintendo at all, thus completely breaking the intent of SSB, but still being fitting thematically, Raz. From Psychonauts. C'mon, try to deny how entertaining that would be.
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.

Steam: Thiyr (The Great and Powerful Bulbasaur).
    SC2: RianL.377. Hit me up for some SC2 if you're on.

Bulbabulbabulbabulba...SAUR.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

They could easily stuff in tons of Pokemon by putting them as options for the Pokeball, rather than make them full-fledged characters. Beyond Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer, there aren't any necessary ones, though one more to make the roster more unique and varied is always a good idea, hence one of the reasons for Lucario's inclusion.

If they'd cut the clones they'd already be rid of 20-25% of the characters (Luigi, Falco, Wolf, Ganondorf, etc), though some would be better to stay in, but made more unique or stay in as a skin (Luigi and Ganondorf especially, though I could see them ditching Ganondorf).

To be honest, this talk of huge amounts of characters make me think "Super Smash Bros. MMO" and I'm not sure whether I should be cheerful or horrified.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

19. - Top - End - #79

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    Megaman is obligatory.
    But not Airman. If Airman was in the game, no one would be able to beat him.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Megaman is obligatory.
    But which one?
    And yes, I know, we all mean classic Mega Man.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

22. - Top - End - #82

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    But which one?
    And yes, I know, we all mean classic Mega Man.
    It would have to be the classic Megaman, of course. In fact X wouldn't have ever been known as Megaman X by anybody if the classic Megaman wasn't so popular that Capcom tried to cash in on that fact by linking the 2 series together right from the first Megaman X game when they originally weren't connected.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd love to see Shulk and Phoenix Wright in. Who knows, maybe they would entice me away from using Zelda!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    But not Airman. If Airman was in the game, no one would be able to beat him.
    Fun fact: Airman is actually a very easy Robot Master, at least as far as anything in Megaman 2 can be very easy. The song came from the fact that the Japanese version is harder, and because it's pretty much a "man, why must I suck so much at this game" song.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    Fun fact: Airman is actually a very easy Robot Master, at least as far as anything in Megaman 2 can be very easy. The song came from the fact that the Japanese version is harder, and because it's pretty much a "man, why must I suck so much at this game" song.
    I'd say he's the hardest actually, at least in Mega Man II. His tornado spread often is completely undodgeable the way its spaced, and they deflect your shots. He's nearly impossible to beat without the Leaf Shield, and even then if you don't time it right they can be deflected by the tornadoes and wasted.

The song actually comes from a unique paradox in Mega Man 2 that can make the game unbeatable if you can't beat one of two bosses without the mega buster.

Heat Man's stage has a very difficult, very punishing platforming puzzle with vanishing blocks that almost requires the Item-2, which is gotten from completing Air Man's stage. Air Man is very difficult to beat without his weakness, the Leaf Shield. Wood Man is beatable with the Mega Buster, but difficult. If you can't beat him with the Mega Buster, his weakness is the weapon you get from Heat Man, which you might not be able to get to without beating Air Man first, and the paradox continues.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    This.

Also as songs go, the Sparkman metal instrumental is better (or the Airman metal instrumental).

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

I'd say he's the hardest actually, at least in Mega Man II. His tornado spread often is completely undodgeable the way its spaced, and they deflect your shots. He's nearly impossible to beat without the Leaf Shield, and even then if you don't time it right they can be deflected by the tornadoes and wasted.
    Either this is a joke or you're doing it wrong. Yes, odds are you're probably going to take a hit or two from Airman, but he's still quite easy. After he crosses the screen, try getting behind him. If you use the Leaf Shield, it should give you enough time to finish him off and even if you just use the Mega Buster, it should give you a few free shots.

Hardest in Megaman 2 goes to Quickman. Quickman is far more random than any other boss in that game... mabye even more random than any other robot master in the entire series... He has a pattern in he will always jump and throw boomerangs and then charge at you, but whether he jumps 1, 2, or 3 times is completely random (he will always throw one less set of boomerangs than the number of jumps) and very hard to dodge regardless. That said, I can still beat him with just the Mega Buster =P

The song actually comes from a unique paradox in Mega Man 2 that can make the game unbeatable if you can't beat one of two bosses without the mega buster.

Heat Man's stage has a very difficult, very punishing platforming puzzle with vanishing blocks that almost requires the Item-2, which is gotten from completing Air Man's stage. Air Man is very difficult to beat without his weakness, the Leaf Shield. Wood Man is beatable with the Mega Buster, but difficult. If you can't beat him with the Mega Buster, his weakness is the weapon you get from Heat Man, which you might not be able to get to without beating Air Man first, and the paradox continues.
    Unbeatable my butt. Heatman's block puzzle is only considered difficult for two reasons.

1) The timing isn't standard. In every other block puzzle, the blocks appear and disappear at regular intervals. 4 "ticks" with 1 having Blocks A and B active, 2 having B and C, 3 having C and D, and 4 having A and D. With Heatman's puzzle, sets of 2 or 3 blocks appear in quick succession. Just memorize how many blocks appear in each set (IIRC, there are three sets) and you can navigate it fairly easily.

2) The puzzle is longer than is usual.

I've already covered Airman, and if Woodman gives you trouble using the Mega Buster, use the Metal Blade. Hell, just use the Metal Blade on everything that isn't immune.

This.

Also as songs go, the Sparkman metal instrumental is better (or the Airman metal instrumental).
    I see your eman3624 and raise you iSometimesWriteMusic. Metalman, I choose you!.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

To steer this conversation back to original topic, how awesome would it be if the Robot Masters reappeared as assist trophies? 8-bit sprites and all. I can see Quickman, Gutsman, and Elecman's patterns translating well to SSB.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Since I have never in my life had the opportunity to play a Megaman game, I sadly can't comment...

But, I would like to voice my support for Viewtiful Joe and Mewtwo.

Assist summons of the bosses would be great. Mostly, I want to see a giant T-Rex in a tank charge into the middle of the game.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Hands down, Megaman would be my first choice for any character. The original one would be the best choice, because it was the one that started it al, on the NES. I do believe that the Battle Network Megaman would actually be easier to develop, with the Battle Chips, that give Megaman swords, hammers, different kind of shots, etc. I mean, the series started, ended and was practically availalbe exclusive on Nintendo. Down-B could be Style Change, which changes his Neutal-B and Side-B moves? If the Final Smash is still present (and they better...), HubStyle?
    They could also stick to Zero, either the original or the MMZ Zero (also exclusively on Nintendo minor cameos not included

If I have to stick to Nintendo-only series, anyone from Golden Sun would make my day.

Fire Emblem... I hope Ike stays in SSB4, though I think he will be replace by the protagonist in the new FE on 3DS.

Metroid... Another Metroid character would be nice, being such a famous franchise nowadays. But then comes the question, who? Ridley, Kraid and Mother Brain are a little too big. The Hunters from Prime:Hunters are not known enough.

Starfox... Make Falco just a bit more unique, or replace him with someone else, like Krystal, or... SlippyPeppy

Pokemon... I think Lucario will be replaced by anything from gen 5. Maybe a new Pokemon Trainer with other pokemon. And why is Jigglypuff stil in SSB?

Kirby... good as it is.

Mario... Good as it is.

Donkey Kong... Tiny Kong maybe?

Zelda... in some way, I hope a new Zelda game will be anounced before SSB4, just so we can see what they have in store for us, and they can use it as advertisement, like they did with Roy in Melee.

Also, give everybody the Wario treatment, and give them an alternative costume or even an entirely different character that uses the same moves. a 'real' Daisy over Peach, Roy over Marth, Dr.Mario over Mario, Mr.L over Luigi. Link could wear his Magic Armor or TP Zora Armor. Zelda wears her aLttP dress or the cape from TP. Shadow over Sonic, Pliskin (MGS2) over Snake. The list goes on.
    Last edited by RoyVG; 2012-12-03 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Some extra stuff
    Homebrew:
    The inFAMOUS Conduit base class. Wow I actually finished it...
    The Darksiders base class, based on the videogame with the same name.

I also draw some stuff here, Gamespectre on Deviantart