New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Meanwhile, still siiiiiiick.
    Is it just a common cold, or something worse?

Anyway, I hope you'll get better soon.
    *bearhugs*
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Is it just a common cold, or something worse?

Anyway, I hope you'll get better soon.
    *bearhugs*
    Probably just a common cold. Nose is stuffed throat is soar, lots of coughing.

Also, thanks Teddy *hugs*
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-29 at 10:05 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Nah, way too loud and not my kind of drama anyway. I think I'll stick to descriptive nouns instead.
    Okay then. Just don't use them an interjections.

ION:
    The waxwings stick around, and this time I managed to get a great look from my bathroom window. They were fluttering indecisively between some lower rowan trees and a few higher birches, and I barely had enough time to think that it would be highly coincidential if the hawk showed up now, before they all take off in a huge cloud heading toward the south. I quickly scan the sky around me and spots the hawk as it passes straight over my head, following the flock.

I feel like the worlds luckies unintentional bird-watcher.
    Of course the hawk would be there. The waxwings are following the food, and so is the hawk.
    And I don't know about luckiest... I saw a spangled drongo on the clothesline a couple months ago. Not to mention the heron that occasionally visits our yard for seemingly no reason. And honey eaters, a raven on the fencepost, magpies that let me walk within two metres of them, those parrots in the neighbour's grevillea I didn't manage to get a good look at, wagtails...
    And I swear, we have flying dolphins around here. FLYING DOLPHINS.

I mean bats of course. But they sound like dolphins and it's annoying.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Okay then. Just don't use them an interjections.
    I promise nothing.

Of course the hawk would be there. The waxwings are following the food, and so is the hawk.
    Well, the fact that 1. they still stick around just my neighbourhood, 2. the hawk is following just them and 3. I was looking outside just at the same moment as the waxwings decided to hang around and the hawk felt hungry makes for at least some level of coincidence (especially 3. The other ones are, as you pointed out, not that coincidential, as I think we may have my town's highest concentration of rowan trees around).

And I don't know about luckiest... I saw a spangled drongo on the clothesline a couple months ago. Not to mention the heron that occasionally visits our yard for seemingly no reason. And honey eaters, a raven on the fencepost, magpies that let me walk within two metres of them, those parrots in the neighbour's grevillea I didn't manage to get a good look at, wagtails...
    And I swear, we have flying dolphins around here. FLYING DOLPHINS.

I mean bats of course. But they sound like dolphins and it's annoying.
    One third of those names sound like complete nonsense to me, and another third doesn't sound that amazing (given, our magpies and your magpies are completely different species as far as I've gathered). Also, you live in a much warmer climate, that's cheating.

Also, we have bats too, but they're only out in the summer, and ours generally prefer to stay silent.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Isn't it Willkommen? Or is my vaguely remembered German even more vague than I thought?
    NaH2, mine is vaguer. It IS Willkommen.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-29 at 11:03 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Zodalicious has a job; Teddifer has snow; he and Elementalis have an abundance of cute birds; Augustus is his usual excellent self; these are all auspicious tidings and I dance a budgie dance in celebration.

I don't want to contradict Elemental, but Teddy I am perfectly okay with your using any word you like as an exclamation or interjection or any part of speech. Let me draw you up a poetic license. I'd lend you mine, but its riddled with demerits.

And now to travel back through time to pick up the threads of conversations.

Forgive me, forgive my lustreless prose; I am a little zombie-ish today, having been kept up until 4 am by an infestation of mice. The only thing that comforted me was to watch video after video of housecats torturing and eating the things. Well, I am going to the hardware store after work today to construct a great reckoning.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-11-29 at 11:47 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Zodalicious has a job; Teddifer has snow; he and Elementalis have an abundance of cute birds; Augustus is his usual excellent self; these are all auspicious tidings and I dance a budgie dance in celebration.

I don't want to contradict Elemental, but Teddy I am perfectly okay with your using any word you like as an exclamation or interjection or any part of speech.

And now to travel back through time to pick up the threads of conversations.

Forgive me, forgive my lustreless prose; I am a little zombie-ish today, having been kept up until 4 am by an infestation of mice. The only thing that comforted me was to watch video after video of housecats torturing the things. Well, I am going to the hardware store after work today to construct a great reckoning.
    Oh my. Those poor mice..

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Colossus in the Playground

No! Let me make you a potion of ginger, cinnamon, cayenne, lemon juice, and honey. It will purge with red flame the phlegmatic humours from your skull.

YOU MUST EARN
    Thank you Knee

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

People! Learn from my mistake!
    When feeling unwell, rum may not be the solution

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    People! Learn from my mistake!
    When feeling unwell, rum may not be the solution

What? Of course it's the solution.

I would ask for a story, but I think I can tell what it is already.

Feel better!
    A few odds and ends.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Chemically speaking, it's a solution.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, technically rum is a solution, but it isn't the best solution to choose.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

Why do I feel nausea in the morning? This sucks, man. I'm done. I'm going to go to sleep and I'm not going to wake up until the 4th Season of Arrested Development comes out.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Why do I feel nauseous in the morning? This sucks, man. I'm done. I'm going to go to sleep and I'm not going to wake up until the 4th Season of Arrested Development comes out.
    You may be pregnant, or have a brain aneurysm from the symptoms you describe.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    You may be pregnant, or have a brain aneurysm from the symptoms you describe.
    A brain aneurysm? Oh come on, that's just sillygmg0-phjf[kpletgh'db/fbhadsfggggggggggggggg

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Are you sure you took enough? The therapeutic dose is pretty high.
    I considered this, but when I tried having more it made the situation much worse

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

So, my friend (also, the only person that knew where we were supposed to be going) was too tired to drive anywhere but back to his house, so no concert.

Also, my Doom cartridge is being a pain in the ass, and I've given up looking for needlenose pliers to open it up and see what the problem is.

A few odds and ends.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    So, my friend (also, the only person that knew where we were supposed to be going) was too tired to drive anywhere but back to his house, so no concert.

Also, my Doom cartridge is being a pain in the ass, and I've given up looking for needlenose pliers to open it up and see what the problem is.

... wouldn't the amount of money invested in tickets potentially offset laziness or paying for a cab?

Sympathies for missing out a major musical event though; whatever the reasons it's never a happy ocassion.

As for cartridges, they will eventually work when you give up.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    ... wouldn't the amount of money invested in tickets potentially offset laziness or paying for a cab?

Sympathies for missing out a major musical event though; whatever the reasons it's never a happy ocassion.

As for cartridges, they will eventually work when you give up.
    Nah, you just pay $5 at the door.

Gah, I haven't been to a gig where I didn't have to play since February. Oh well, I could probably use the sleep, anyway.

I certainly hope so. It's gotten better since the last time I tried to use it, but all that means is that it gets to the title screen instead of stopping at the SEGA logo.

I've tried a PC version of it, but 1) my normally atrocious aim is even worse on a computer, (if that's even possible) and 2) my computer hates downloading things, so I've only been able to use a flash version (which is nowhere near as good). Also, I miss the awesome music that game had.
    A few odds and ends.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: This thread has had a score of posts removed for trolling and discussions of animal torture. At least some participants were aware of a recent thread on this topic that was closed. A thread closing prohibits unauthorized restarting of the thread. It also prohibits the bringing of the topic to this thread.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Sheriff: This thread has had a score of posts removed for trolling and discussions of animal torture. At least some participants were aware of a recent thread on this topic that was closed. A thread closing prohibits unauthorized restarting of the thread. It also prohibits the bringing of the topic to this thread.
    Well, that was mildly unsettling and absolutely not what I expected to see when I checked in to Random Banter. Sorry to hear it.

In unrelated news, the heat in Australia (South-east) is getting a lot of us down. We're used to it, obviously, but not this early. Yesterday, Victoria scored its hottest November day on record, at 45 degrees C (About 115f, I think?). Not fun stuff.

How're the noble citizens of the northern Hemisphere handling the cold?
    Awesome avatar by Shades Of Gray!

I really need to find some new quotes to put here.

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Can't say I remember seeing anything like that. Some of these posts can get huge, though, and I'm a lazy sunufa.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elm11 View Post
    Well, that was mildly unsettling and absolutely not what I expected to see when I checked in to Random Banter. Sorry to hear it.

In unrelated news, the heat in Australia (South-east) is getting a lot of us down. We're used to it, obviously, but not this early. Yesterday, Victoria scored its hottest November day on record, at 45 degrees C (About 115f, I think?). Not fun stuff.

How're the noble citizens of the northern Hemisphere handling the cold?
    I'm in Brisbane. It's only like 30 degrees C and I'm just like.. "Where did all the lovely cold from Winter go?"

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Odd, we are just getting spring in here, and we are also Southern Hemisphere (and by that I mean spring temperatures, it's technically summer but no scorching heat yet thankfully.)

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    I'm in Brisbane. It's only like 30 degrees C and I'm just like.. "Where did all the lovely cold from Winter go?"
    We made 36 degrees here in Canberra, and it was 42 degrees in the hall where our choir was practising. I feel like Canberra ought never be hotter than Brisbane.

26. - Top - End - #56

It's been pretty hot in SA but not notably so. It's more of a thick, soupy heat that you can feel displaced as you walk through. It's the quality over the potency that gets me.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

We made 36 degrees here in Canberra, and it was 42 degrees in the hall where our choir was practising. I feel like Canberra ought never be hotter than Brisbane.
    Shouldn't Canberra be cooler? I thought it was in the mountains or something.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

I know some parts of the northern hemisphere are doused in snow, but in the Netherlands it's about 0 degrees C (at the moment), so ok I guess...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Hit 32 here just on Tuesday. Glad to finally have a nice warm day for a change.

45 is a bit much, though. I don't think I would be able to cope with that. My dad would. He's from the desert.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Shouldn't Canberra be cooler? I thought it was in the mountains or something.
    Yeah, that's the problem. It is meant to be cooler. Instead, we had an overnight low of 22.