1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: PEACH Exchange

Great idea O.P.

Here is my P.E.A.C.H.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273431

It is also in my sig.

I am currently playing a home-brewed wind adaption of the Dragonfire adept/warlock style of casting. I am fleshing out an incomplete skill, and hope to have it complete b4 I actually level past what is written.

I don't frequent this sub-forum very often. So if you want me to P.E.A.C.H. something for you in exchange, then just send me a message with a link.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking for more opinions on my Soulless Template. I'll PEACH what I can here, need to go over the various things posted.
    My schedule is fairly irregular, but I tend towards the later hours of the day.

Generation 9
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.

Complete Homebrew:
    Soulless Template

3. - Top - End - #153

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine View Post
    Looking for more opinions on my Soulless Template. I'll PEACH what I can here, need to go over the various things posted.
    Ok I put in my 2 cents on your soulless template

Sidenote: really pleased at the amount of incarnum support I am finding on this sub-forum. I very much enjoy incarnum and it just wasn't properly supported by first party content. I wish the forum was a little more organized for ease of perusal.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

If any one could be obliged to run my Bard through the ringer, I'd be more than happy to throw some PEACH's back.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    If any one could be obliged to run my Bard through the ringer, I'd be more than happy to throw some PEACH's back.
    Tanuki! I'll PEACH that when I get back from my weekend. I won't give you something to PEACH until then, however.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

I had around my "Full to bursting" mailbox, so I am going to dump it here so I can delete the message that includes a quote of where I originally wrote it.
    Well, if your problem is NOT (or not ONLY) with discerning game balance/playability in the work of others, here is something that may help. For ideas on discerning balance, look in the "Formerly Stickied Threads" thread of the homebrew forum, and look for the "How to Homebrew" and "Philosophy of Homebrewing"... plus read a lot of Homebrew threads and/or balance discussions in the other areas of the forum.

My general advice for giving PEACH:
    Consider carefully whether to read other people's comments (if any) before critiquing. A completely fresh perspective can help, but so can considering the ideas of others.

Be specific as you can afford the time to be. List specific abilities at least, and maybe go through and quote each part you are commenting on, or even the specific phrases.

Being specific has two main parts to it, what you say, and where you direct it.

First part: For instance, try to avoid saying something is overpowered. Give a reason it is overpowered, and if necessary, a specific example from play that you make up (or from actual play-test data if you do that). Also, whenever you say something needs to be changed, it is EVEN BETTER to be specific about how it should be changed. For instance, a lot of times people say my work needs to be "clarified". Which is something I can't usually do (maybe short of adding a play example, but that adds a LOT of words). I write things as clearly as I know how the first time. Which brings me to a side-point: People also say I should "simplify" things. Sometimes this falls under "clarify" (see previous sentence), but sometimes it is just something I am flat-out not willing to do, except MAYBE as a separate version of the homebrew. The lesson for critiquers here is to be at peace with having your advice rejected.

The second part: Be specific about what part you are critiquing with each thing that you say by quoting the post with the work in it, then closing the quotation right after the first part you want to comment on, then hitting enter twice, and pasting in the FULL opening quotation (or just opening it without a reference in the forum code if you are feeling really lazy). Then copy the closing, blank line, and opening. Keep this in your copy buffer as much as possible so you can insert it where necessary before starting each of your individual comments. Use those blank lines to start each comment. Delete any parts that are at least a paragraph (or three sentences) long of the stuff you are quoting that aren't necessary for other people to understand your quotes. If you do this in the middle of a quote, replace the missing part with <SNIP> which is NOT a forum code, but just lets people know that you removed stuff.

Lastly, really good critique should be a several part dialogue. The original work and the initial critique will usually be the longest parts, but check back occasionally to see if anything was said about your critique.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

I was wondering if it would be possible for me to PEACH others works in exchange for them giving me advice and suggestions on some of the ideas I have in the works or questions I have asked?
    -------------------------------------

Ideas/Classes that I would like help on is suggestions on a rewrite on d20 material called Colors of Magic for 3.5 to even Pathfinder: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254519

Another is I need House Ruling Help involving the Planes and Resurrection based spells: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post15040530

Lastly, which would lead to PEACHing I wish to put together a place involving the Shadowcraft (of Drow of Underdark) and the Shadowcraft Mage called the Shadow Weaver: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279200

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Take a look at my Ninja please

also my samurai

I am aiming for 'tier' 3 for them but 'tier' 4 will suffice.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

I would like my Bloodlines to be peached please

:)
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-04-07 at 08:33 AM.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

ngilop, I'm taking a look at your Samurai.

I'd be very happy if someone would take a look at these races.
    Why should a man be scorned if, finding himself in prison, he tries to get out and go home? Or if, when he cannot do so, he thinks and talks about other topics than jailers and prison-walls?

Pokemon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Friend Code: 4484-7979-9172
    DS name: Ben
    In-game name: Lief
    Friend safari: Charmeleon, Pansear, Ninetails

Brew:

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unbeliever536 View Post
    ngilop, I'm taking a look at your Samurai.

Ok I just replied in that thread for your races, their cool :D
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Tanuki! I'll PEACH that when I get back from my weekend. I won't give you something to PEACH until then, however.
    Take your time.

13. - Top - End - #163

ElfRogueGirl

So I would like some feedback (PEACH?) on my 3.5 -> Pathfinder Warlock adaptation. Also this is my first homebrew attempt, so I'll do my best to PEACH back if I can, but some classes or ideas might just leave me all confused and possibly a tiny bit terrified.

Also this is not perfect yet. my main worry right now is the change to the Elemental Resistance, and if I should just go back to the "default" one and think up something else to fill that otherwise dead 16th level with.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279270

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JonathonWilder View Post
    I was wondering if it would be possible for me to PEACH others works in exchange for them giving me advice and suggestions on some of the ideas I have in the works or questions I have asked?
    -------------------------------------

Ideas/Classes that I would like help on is suggestions on a rewrite on d20 material called Colors of Magic for 3.5 to even Pathfinder: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254519

Another is I need House Ruling Help involving the Planes and Resurrection based spells: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post15040530

Lastly, which would lead to PEACHing I wish to put together a place involving the Shadowcraft (of Drow of Underdark) and the Shadowcraft Mage called the Shadow Weaver: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279200
    I'd bite on that! PM me and we'll talk!

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

I'd love some feedback on my homebrew system.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Zireael View Post
    I'd love some feedback on my homebrew system.
    Can we get a link?
    Why should a man be scorned if, finding himself in prison, he tries to get out and go home? Or if, when he cannot do so, he thinks and talks about other topics than jailers and prison-walls?

Pokemon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Friend Code: 4484-7979-9172
    DS name: Ben
    In-game name: Lief
    Friend safari: Charmeleon, Pansear, Ninetails

Brew:

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Can we get a link?
    Sure: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265279

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    I would like my Bloodlines to be peached please

:)
    sorry for the repost but can I please get these peached? I really enjoy making bloodlines and I would love for these to be looked at (sorry welknair for stealin' your thing )

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

sorry for the repost but can I please get these peached? I really enjoy making bloodlines and I would love for these to be looked at (sorry welknair for stealin' your thing )
    While it may be Welknair's "thing", he generally welcomes people adding to the topic of bloodlines. However, he might also be someone you'd be good to have PEACH it, since you know, it is.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

is it just me or do I never see him around anymore though? :p

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Its true. He got eaten by running a roleplaying server on minecraft. I still see him once in awhile, but not as often indeed. Message him, i'd recommend. I speak with him often enough, I'll mention you to him!
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2013-04-10 at 02:38 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

thanks wombat :) Im going to PM him now, and if you see him tell him about me ;D

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

23. - Top - End - #173

Howdy folks! If anyone would care to take a gander at my Rod of Natural Wonderment [PF], I'd be much obliged.
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

24. - Top - End - #174

Imp

I read through your bloodlines but I didn't feel I had anything to add. Most of them look perfectly in line with the recommendations for creating bloodlines given in the unearthed arcana. I didn't like the concept (non-race based) bloodlines just because bloodlines without blood does not compute. Sorry I couldn't be of help.

My peach is in my siggy but since I didn't actually help you out don't feel obligated.

25. - Top - End - #175

Imp

I took a look at you races unbeliever536

Could you take a look at this http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273431

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

I'd like to get some thoughts on my classes and stuff.

I'm currently reviewing a couple of the more recent links in this thread.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    I read through your bloodlines but I didn't feel I had anything to add. Most of them look perfectly in line with the recommendations for creating bloodlines given in the unearthed arcana. I didn't like the concept (non-race based) bloodlines just because bloodlines without blood does not compute. Sorry I couldn't be of help.

My peach is in my siggy but since I didn't actually help you out don't feel obligated.
    The concept ones were the idea that although they arent actually based off of specific creatures, they follow the same rules as bloodlines, and have similar mechanics. Basically, you are that bloodline, you never got it from a relative, its more of a knack or a talent, you are a natural born sniper or broot, or you have a natural talent for summoning creatures. Stuff like that ;D

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

*polite cough*

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

*polite cough*
    very cool I like it, I dont really have anything to say other than its much better than the musical, nagging, annoying slice of hell the PhB has :). Overall: pretty awesome :D. Im sorry :( I suck at peaching, and even though yours is cool, I dislike bards as a whole :p

could anyone peach my maniacal moonstruck magician?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280201

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

very cool I like it, I dont really have anything to say other than its much better than the musical, nagging, annoying slice of hell the PhB has :). Overall: pretty awesome :D. Im sorry :( I suck at peaching, and even though yours is cool, I dislike bards as a whole :p
    I'd love to hear the story that made you hate bards so. o.o

could anyone peach my maniacal moonstruck magician?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280201
    Done.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2013-04-22 at 12:25 PM.