New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 49

[DMC]

"Right on," Adir remarks, before returning to his work. The stag will dig wherever he's needed, and even set to work on the moat Mia wanted if they have time.

Planting presumably happens.

He's pretty sweaty by the late afternoon, and has extricated himself from his shirt for the sake of comfort. The stag flicks some sweat off his brow, puffing out another breath as he plants the spade again.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hall of Heroes

Melbourne is in heaven. So many shiny, shiny things, lit up by shiny lights, hidden behind clever little invisible walls. And best of all, so little to keep them behind those clever walls.

His eye wanders over a great many priceless artifacts, before settling on one especially fascinating prize: The hell iron fork of Gordon Ramsfoot, the pickiest archdemon of Gluttony ever to crawl from the fiery spawn-pits.

Giving a distrustful glance towards the ogre security guard, who returns the look with an extra helping of suspicion, Mel sidles back up to Pepperjack. "Shiny... whatever, isn't that?" He states, nodding his head towards the Lilliputian garrote wire. "Would be nice to own, no?"

Yellow Dog Saloon

Besides all the (un)usual patrons of Inside's grittiest, wildest saloon, Queenie might recognize the gunslinger she met before at the train robbery. He waves unsteadily, nearly falling, a haze of green bubbles hanging over his head.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-12-29 at 01:25 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

[DMC]

Sakura has been following behind Adir as he works, putting plants in the ground and adding a touch of her magic to them. She's taken a few small breaks so far. For all her claims that she'd have no trouble, all this moving around on her hands and knees sure is tiring.

The dryad sits back on her heels and brushes the dirt off her hands. "You know what might help?" She comments to Adir. "Something like those stones in the trees at Watch. You know, the ones with those symbols on them that help the plants grow."

4. - Top - End - #664

[DMC]

"That's a good idea. They're magic, right? They might purge whatever's stifling the plants here," Adir says, glancing over their handiwork. "Worth a shot, at least."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Sitar's Strings

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The Sitar's Strings

"As I said. They are just envious. They should watch over there own kind. Maybe it's a distribut between them and you only want to hitch it on us."

Zefir is sure something's wrong with these kids. He knows well about the fire, but the window things is new.

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Sitar's Strings

These three are very ill-disposed to him indeed. The kids each give Starling a dirty look, and Joker gives him a one more middle finger. "Yeah right, you support non-violence like a wolf supports vegetarianism." he says walking away.

If Treb, and Maeve as discussed, want to follow the kids they may do so. They won't talk or seem to notice until they try to talk to them. They have ways of dealing with being followed.

Mr Starling is finished here. He'll go inside, settle a few things with Jan, and then head off to Trog's to meet with Amil.

Emergency Clinic

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Emergency Clinic

"It's poosible." The dwarf admits before stroking his beard. "Boot wit a propper cast and minor healing magik or pins it shoodn't be a prooblem. We kin go ahead and do tha'." He says, nodding to Andrew. The man gives a small nod and makes another series of gestures with the gloves, causing a cylinder of green light to appear around Elias' leg. It constricts until it forms a skin-tight seal and hardens into a decent cast. At the same time a trio of blue spears shoot down into the leg. They don't make a mark on the surface, but they harden within Elias' fractured bone, holding the pieces in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Emergency Clinic

"Is there any food here?" Hekta asks the doctor as she turns away from Elias. Probably best to leave him alone for a minute.

A candy striper shows Hekta to the little sandwich bar. There isn't a huge selection - just sandwiches, chips, and some apples.

Warwick Works

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    [Warwick Works]

As soon as Arthur returns, Willow will find him to be...rather well-dressed. His two small, demonic horns pop up from his hair, his glasses appear to be completely new and well-cared for when they are normally not so, and he's wearing an excellent, well-tailored suit. He promptly puts on a fedora, his batlike wings spreading out slightly behind him.

The guy is wearing a suit and a fedora. And he looks damn good in it.

His expression radiates confidence, and he smiles, raising an eyebrow. "Whatcha think? Classy enough?"

Willow gives a low whistle of admiration. "Daaaaamn, Tiger. You clean up nice."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #666

[DMC]

The robot MDM has obviously helped Adir with the digging. Or he carrys all the plants arouns so Sakura doesn't need to walk so much.

"I could send a few robots with you. They should be able to carry the stones."

Not that she knows the sones, but she assumes Stones like stonehege.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

[DMC]

"I don't think we should take them from Watch, but maybe Mia can find someone that would be able to make new ones. We can use one to test if it works though." The dryad says and then looks at Mia.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-12-29 at 12:03 PM.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

Sitar's Strings

These three are very ill-disposed to him indeed. The kids each give Starling a dirty look, and Joker gives him a one more middle finger. "Yeah right, you support non-violence like a wolf supports vegetarianism." he says walking away.

If Treb, and Maeve as discussed, want to follow the kids they may do so. They won't talk or seem to notice until they try to talk to them. They have ways of dealing with being followed.
    Maeve does indeed wish to follow them; she wants to hear more about what, exactly her boss is doing, so that she can find out if Khair is actively in danger from him should things come out.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

[Ice Rink]

"Evil lessons, perhaps?" Eileen observes, arching an eyebrow. "...and you're probably right. I'm not used to skating with the world upright and stationary," she admits, looking away and, just for a moment, looking rather vulnerable.

[Red Zone Alley]

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Ivaz balances her kukri on one finger, blade flat. She glances around a little, then sees a small group of four men gathered around a barrel fire a short distance down the alley. She smirks, then gestures in their direction.

Well, happens to be a group right there. Shall we?
    "We shall. Maybe we can drop something in the barrel to get all four?" Amist suggests with a laugh as she starts down the alley.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #670
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sitar's Strings

Sitar's Strings -> Wherever
    Treb will, of course, follow.
    He wishes to talk to the girl away from his boss.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #671

[Deadwood Street - Yellow Dog Saloon]

Well. There's that weird gunslinger guy. And there's also some booze in front of Queeny. Which one is more important? Information or alcohol? Why not a little of both! But there certainly aren't any pirates in here, that's for sure. Just folks in old west attire. Some in more classy suits. But no one really stands out compared to, say, a place like Trog's given that Trog's is always crawling with all sorts of weird races.

Pretty much everyone in here is either a human or a clockwork robot.

[Deadwood Street - Wells Estate]

"Heh. Can't all be scientists after all," Ace laughs as she checks the readings on whatever the hell she just made, gives a little nod, and then pulls it out. "A thaumaturgic fluctuation amplifier. Or in less technical terms a magical power source for machines."

Why didn't she say the second thing first? Why must sciencey people use big words!

"Need the power source for a project of mine. More traditional models haven't been giving me quite what I need."

Read: the keep exploding.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

Deadwood Street- Wells Estate

Judging from the name, I would guess it enhances the natural flows of magic from its surroundings for power? Would make sense for that sort of thing to be unstable. Especially since I'm sure you'd be putting it through rather...extreme tests.
    He isn't mocking, but it's a fair assumption for someone whose pursuits seem to be punching things and flying at near-ridiculous speeds.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #673

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [DMC]

"I don't think we should take them from Watch, but maybe Mia can find someone that would be able to make new ones. We can use one to test if it works though." The dryad says and then looks at Mia.
    "Do you think you could send a robot to get one, Mia?" Adir asks.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #674

[Deadwood - Wells Estate]

Oop!

There's that little smirk again.

"After a fashion. I guess you could call the fluctuations the universe's chaotic jitters. Motes of ambient magic randomly jumping in and out of existence. Many casters draw on that ambient power to fuel their spells. But there are limits on that. Personally and environmentally."

She holds up the glowing orb.

"This little beauty amplifies the chances of fluctuations inside its collection chamber. It effectively draws on magic from everywhere in the cosmos at once."

Then a bit of a frown. "Bugger draws on other things too, though. Which is a problem. 's also why they keep burning out."

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, close enough guess.
    Jace actually understood that one completely. Although not how you would make something out of metal that could do it.
    And what would those be, that burns out something made to harness the energy of the cosmos?

16. - Top - End - #676

"Well, the collector is supposed to soak up the thaumaturgic motes and harness them as a power source. But I'm also getting high energy rays of light, aether particles, and god knows what else,"
    Ace explains as she hooks the sphere up to a much bulkier looking machine.

"The collectors aren't meant to take that kind of energy. So I built a Cassier Bottle inside the collection chamber. That should redirect the waste energy out of the exhaust ports along the outer edge. Maybe. Hopefully."

She pulls her goggles down over her eyes and darkens the lenses before pointing at another pair nearby. "You should put those on. This is going to be really bright."

Her hand rests on a rather large switch, ready to throw it as soon as Jace's eyes are protected.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace will take the set nearby and toss them casually across to Zebes, who'll be laying on a nearby table pressing the oversized lenses to his face with his little dragon hands to keep them on.
    Jace on the other hand, will take the goggles from around his neck and wipe his finger over them with "Reverse." The lenses darken considerably.
    Alright. Ready.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Sparkle Saving Sewer Scramble]

Ostensibly the ponies are setting off again, right? Since Luna is using her magical pretty pony princess powers to home in on Twilight? They are sort of following her lead at the moment.

Regardless!

Sigil casts a sidelong glance at Flutters. Wasn't she horrified of the idea of hurting those nasty demonic plant things they had bumped into (and by bumped into read: they tried to kill us) earlier? And now she's asking about euthanizing this roiling sack of hate?

Huh.

Maybe she finally realized just how serious things are here. That some evils can't be reasoned with.

Only destroyed.

"It would probably be for the best. But that shield Twilight cast will block any spells I might try to muster. The shield would have to be removed first. And that means that gets free," Sigil reasons, nodding at the demon. "Better to just leave it be and save our strength for later."

He gives a deep sigh as he continues. "I'll call Remnant once we save Twilight and tell them about what's down here. I think they might have some weapons that could clear out this blight before it can hurt anyone."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Purple Pony Pursuit - Cyborgs, Sewers, Space Monsters, and More!

"Yeah, see...that's no comfort at all. Whoever's back there behind the wall? I have it on good authority that he hates me, and hates my face. Plus, I'm easily replaced. The moment stakes need to be raised and everyone needs to truly understand how scary and dangerous and not like Pony Land the Nexus really is? Wham! Dead monkey meat. Lord Corpsetok, just like that. That, or it gets one of you girls, just to subvert expectations. But that's considerably less likely, even with me pointing it all out."

Besides, this mission can hardly hope to work out without those elements of harmony, right? And with each pony representing an element, there's nobody else they can afford to lose, is th-

Oh fudge, Moon Horse! She's not an element at all! A goddess, sure, but if anything's going to convince the ponies that the Nexus is big and scary and full of doom, it'd be the death of Slightly Less Important Goddess! Sigil could even volunteer to replace her or something, after he's done replacing Purple! Crap, all this potential plot unfolding right before Magtok's eyes, and not a single suggestion as to how to stop it!

Man, Pinkie is so lucky she's not fourth wall-aware and a genius. These sorts of thoughts are entirely normal for Magtok, and all this guessing and second-guessing at the sinister intentions behind the fourth wall provides no end to stress for him.

[Sewers with Sigil and Maggy and Equines]

Fluttershy frowns a bit and idly whaps a hoof against the barrier, resulting in a rather hollow thrum, a spark of energy, and not much else.
    "Hmph."
    She shrugs and drifts away, towards the Luna now walking down towards the next path.
    "I guess."

Rarity peers off after her, noting with a frown that a trip to the spa will definitely be necessary. Poor dear's coat was getting filthy.

"I believe Rainbow Dash already has a rapport with Remnant, so perhaps she would be an ideal candidate to report the situation."
    "Uh...kinda? Does pointing out a hideous sky monster count as a ra...porr? Whatever that is."
    Rainbow Dash twists her face up a bit, pondering the word, before just shrugging and moving to take up a spot beside Luna.
    If she can't scout ahead, she'll be part of the vanguard.

Applejack turns her head a bit to throw Magtok a vaguely-not-completely-unconfident smile.
    "Don't you worry none, we've been around a few scary monsters in our time."
    "Not as scary as thaaaaat ooooone~"
    "Uh, well, I guess...but it was at least behind one a Twilight's shield things, right?"
    "Not that one, silly. That one!"

As the group pads down a hall, Luna rather lost in her hunt of Twilight's magic, a side tunnel shifts.
    The whole thing.

The dark architecture folds in slightly, numerous jags and points folding out of the entrance, before curling around each other and tightening up into a great maw.
    Everything seems to be doing that, folding up, compacting, revealing an enormous serpentine abomination filling most of the side tunnel.
    As if made of nothing more than curved, fantastical puzzle pieces, bits of spines begin to jut around its sides, protruding around other segments of body still clicking and enfolding together.

"...oh heavens to Betsy."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Red Zone - Sewers
    Kirlia gives a little eep, just noticing Black.
    "Sorry. Just noticed you. Your help would be much appreciated. I'm Kirlia and this is Yuki." she motioned to Yuki.

She then looked towards the sound of the explosion.
    And then the towards the scrabbling.
    "And those would be soon-to-be-dead demons."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Red Zone- Sewers]

"Hey. Welcome to our group." Yuki nods a greeting absentmindedly toward Black, already beginning to take multiple hyposprays and syringes out of his bag. One by one, they are injected into himself. He glances at Kirlia and replies, "It's my 'battle mode', if you will. I didn't expect to be facing this many, so I apologize for not having started this up beforehand."

After a while of injecting, the last one goes in! And Yuki winces in anticipation! And then he falls down!

"Agh... I- I'm fine. This is *cough* normal... I think."

[Sewers with Yuki, Kirlia, and Ponderous Creation]

Wait on Shrimp?
    After this post!

A carapaced talon punches through a top layer of rock in the cave in, a rather large limb that a gorilla would probably respect.
    It then proceeds to dissolve into a hissing blob of acidic goo, which proceeds to run down the rest of the wreckage...

Meanwhile, a violet glow begins to loom from the opposite direction!
    And a voice.
    "Go away, please! More important things to do than deal with giant gross bugs!"
    Seems to be a mildly annoyed woman.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #679

"Alright! Here goes nothing!"

And the switch is flipped.

A low thrumming sound fills the room as the takes on a positively electrifying feeling. Indicator lights on the large machine the sphere had been attached to begin to climb!

"Hahahahaha! It's working! IT'S WORKING!"

Then a sputtering sound, a puff of black smoke, and the sphere goes dark. Ace's arms fall to her sides as she just stares at the machine for a long moment.

And then the curses come.

A swelling, rolling tides of curses in a good dozen different languages. A reviling rant that would make paint peel and a sailor blush in shame.

Ace isn't very happy.

[Spooky Sparkle Saving Sewer Scramble]

Hmmm.

That thing looks altogether horrible in pretty much every way that matters. Sigil can practically feel the malevolent magic oozing off the monster. And suffice to say it isn't the nicest feeling. He decides pretty quickly that the best course of action is to make whatever this thing is no longer a threat.

Sigil is fairly skilled at a range of the magic. Though right now he isn't aiming to be precise or careful with his spells. Usually he favors a scalpel approach to using his spells. But instead he's going to make do with a sledge-hammer.

At once he aims to seize the monster with his TK and hoist it helplessly into the air. A second spell follows to leech the heat out of the area. As the temperature plummets well below the freezing point of water ice begins to creep across the surfaces around the horrible alien. At the same time a flickering orb of angry orange pulses to life near his head.

Hopefully the magic will chill the demon's core to roughly the same temperature as dry ice. That usually makes monsters a lot less frisky.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-12-29 at 08:11 PM.

20. - Top - End - #680

[Deadwood - Yellow Dog Saloon]

Demon Queen raises an eyebrow at the gunslinger guy. Didn't he leave with that winged woman? Hm...this needs further investigation.

Demon Queen will grab her glass, take a swig, then move over to the gunslinger.

Hey. Weren't you at the train earlier? I don't think I caught your name.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Red Zone - Alley]

Ivaz will follow, swinging the blade between her fingers.

We could, but where's the fun in that? It's over to fast.

The men around the barrel look up as the woman approach. They all let their gazes linger on the pair's exposed skin.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

21. - Top - End - #681

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Kailee watches, perplexed, as he digs out his phone and passes it to her. She accepts hesitantly, and realizing that the phone may have access to some sort've net, turns it on. "Chess game?" She notices the lack of internet play. Perhaps the phone will be her opponent. She never could beat Merakiel, back at the clinic. Unshackled AIs don't exactly think on the same level as she does. "This... this is good. Thank you."

Her fingers work the keyboard as though she's used it her whole life. "The fuel cells I use are fairly standard. But... I could not ask for your money." Kailee reasons that she's stretched these people's generosity as far as it will go. "Such things are expensive."
    Ashley shrugs as she finishes her spell, which should block any scrying on the location. "I don't use a lot of my money, so I've got some extra coin that I could buy a battery with. I'm just more worried about them tracking me down."

22. - Top - End - #682
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Tavern]

Hmm how shall Young Star approach this? Simple actually. He won't.

His Alter Ego however, will.

Taking a minute to change out of his costume, he enters the tavern not as Young Star, but as Louis Ramirez. He scopes out the room while walking to the bar.
    The tavern doesn't seem very busy currently. Behind the old wooden bar is a thin balding bartender. There are a couple of heavy men sitting at the end of the bar drinking. A younger looking couple sit at one table having lunch. At the far end of the room looks to be a hallway with stairs heading up and down.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

23. - Top - End - #683

Spooky Sparkle Saving Sewer Scramble

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Spooky Sparkle Saving Sewer Scramble]

Hmmm.

That thing looks altogether horrible in pretty much every way that matters. Sigil can practically feel the malevolent magic oozing off the monster. And suffice to say it isn't the nicest feeling. He decides pretty quickly that the best course of action is to make whatever this thing is no longer a threat.

Sigil is fairly skilled at a range of the magic. Though right now he isn't aiming to be precise or careful with his spells. Usually he favors a scalpel approach to using his spells. But instead he's going to make do with a sledge-hammer.

At once he aims to seize the monster with his TK and hoist it helplessly into the air. A second spell follows to leech the heat out of the area. As the temperature plummets well below the freezing point of water ice begins to creep across the surfaces around the horrible alien. At the same time a flickering orb of angry orange pulses to life near his head.

Hopefully the magic will chill the demon's core to roughly the same temperature as dry ice. That usually makes monsters a lot less frisky.

Magtok hoists his gun up, points the weapon at the beast...and then stops. Shoot, freezing magic. His own weapon would just get in the way and accomplish the exact opposite, and that sort of mucking about with temperature is probably not a smart move right now.

"You can do stuff like that? Holy raptor crotches. Is it too late to stop thinking we're all going to die down here? Because I'd like to take back every single thing I've said along those lines."

Ice Rink

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    [Ice Rink]

"Nothing evil today. Needs is just learning how to ice skate,"
    Tracey says. "Seems you need lessons as well, Eileen."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Ice Rink]

"Evil lessons, perhaps?" Eileen observes, arching an eyebrow. "...and you're probably right. I'm not used to skating with the world upright and stationary," she admits, looking away and, just for a moment, looking rather vulnerable.

"I'm not evil. I'm not..."

Needs looks very distraught for a minute or two, before he abruptly crouches down to glare into the ice at his feet. A tailfin approximately the length of the entire ice rink flaps back and forth, taking something unimaginable away before anyone else noticed it showing up.

MagMart
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Magmart]

"I don't think so," Harnel says, "They might even favor having an extra pair of eyes on board. you should talk to Wenomir or KR if you're interested."

"As for why it's dangerous, part of the reason is the gifts whatever god watches over the place gives. apparently, the bigger a thing you kill, the more potent the gift; one guy killed a thing with a metal skeleton, so he got that for himself. What makes me worry is that if a pair of big creatures fight, the surviving one gets stronger. Eventually, you'll just have a group of superbeasts there, all capable of causing major havoc if they leave the grounds."

Magtok rolls his eyes. "Yeah, talk to Wendy and KR. Because obviously I have nothing better to do than spend the next six months in deadtime."

You and I both know that's not fair, Magtok. I'm sure those rumors were exaggerated, and besides, even if KR really was like that, there's always Wenomir. He's demonstrated that he's clearly not played by the same person, seeing as he's dating KR and all, and you've had some (admittedly unfriendly) confrontations with him before, haven't you?

"So is there anything to stop that from happening eventually? I mean, the power has to go somewhere, and you can't just keep hoarding magical powers, because we all know what the Nexus does to people who get too big and almighty for their own good. There's only so many people in Watch, too..."

Despite what he says, Magtok isn't thinking of this as a problem at all by this point. He's more concerned with how soon he can send Needs there, and how much power he can get away with accumulating in that one insane MagClone. Power and shiny toys and influence, yay!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-12-29 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace waits patiently for Ace to let off her steam. He might have very little idea what exactly just happened, but failure is universal. It took him plenty of tries to get lots his spells and enchantments working, but he doesn't think pointing that out would make her feel any better. So he'll just wait until she's starting to wind down on that list of swears. Quite impressive, that list. [I should write some of these down, Boss.]

Might I recommend "$%@#&" ? The word is long and sounds more like grinding than something from a human mouth. That's what Earth elementals use to call an entirely idiotic waste of space. One of the worst things to say for them.
    *raac!*
    Oh, and Zebes recommends "Pothoc." I believe that's Draconic for "stupid." Nice and simple.
    Once again, his tone is entirely serious. Jace has a very...odd sense of what constitutes morale support.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2012-12-29 at 11:09 PM.

25. - Top - End - #685

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Tavern]

The tavern doesn't seem very busy currently. Behind the old wooden bar is a thin balding bartender. There are a couple of heavy men sitting at the end of the bar drinking. A younger looking couple sit at one table having lunch. At the far end of the room looks to be a hallway with stairs heading up and down.
    [Tavern]

The best approach is casual as a cucumber. He walks to the bartender and asks, "Hey, you rent the space above right?" He adds a point up to the ceiling. "Is that how you get there," he says nodding towards the hallway with the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Sitar's Strings -> Wherever
    Treb will, of course, follow.
    He wishes to talk to the girl away from his boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Maeve does indeed wish to follow them; she wants to hear more about what, exactly her boss is doing, so that she can find out if Khair is actively in danger from him should things come out.
    [Away from Sitar's Strings]

The three don't seem to notice either of them, and like I said before, they probably won't unless their pursuers try to talk to them first. The teens seem to be taking a zig-zaggy route. At end of one block they turn left, then at the next they turn right.

Do the followers notice each other? Are they both sneaking? Together or seperately? Or are they on the bright and open?

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Hall of Heroes

Melbourne is in heaven. So many shiny, shiny things, lit up by shiny lights, hidden behind clever little invisible walls. And best of all, so little to keep them behind those clever walls.

His eye wanders over a great many priceless artifacts, before settling on one especially fascinating prize: The hell iron fork of Gordon Ramsfoot, the pickiest archdemon of Gluttony ever to crawl from the fiery spawn-pits.

Giving a distrustful glance towards the ogre security guard, who returns the look with an extra helping of suspicion, Mel sidles back up to Pepperjack. "Shiny... whatever, isn't that?" He states, nodding his head towards the Lilliputian garrote wire. "Would be nice to own, no?"
    [Hall of Heroism]

"Quite," Pepperjack says, giving the merkin a curious look. "But I'd settle for about a yard of it. I've no idea what I'd do with the rest. See anything that interests you, Melbourne?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #686
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Red Zone- Sewers]

Yuki stands slowly. An alabaster white exoskeleton armor now covers his body, subsuming his clothes and possessions. His face has a transparent shell, and he looks around, taking in a deep breath.

Armored!Yuki throws a questioning look to Kirlia. "New entity. You recognize her? Should I investigate?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

27. - Top - End - #687

Yellow Dog Saloon

The gunslinger nods enthusiastically, only to abruptly regret the movement as nausea kicks in hard and forces him to sit, no, more like collapse into a chair. "Jupitah! I'm -hic- I'mmm Jumper Jupitah!" For some reason he finds this unbearably funny, nearly falling out of the chair again a in a fit of giggling-slash-hiccuping. "No no, waitsh... -hic-" Fighting down the laughter he holds up a finger and tries to force his brain to start back up, the cogs turning in his head practically audible. "Jumpin' Jupiter. Not -hic- not Jumper Jupiter... -hic-" Yeesh. How much did this guy drink?

Hall of Heroes

"Mmm. Yes. That thing." Melbourne points out the fork on it's dais, practically licking his lips with unrestrained avarice. Doesn't even know what it is, but he does know he wants it. "Distract guard, then maybe we both have what we want, no?" Or, more likely, they'll both end up in a jail cell for a few years.

Grey Zone- House of Wares

It's not much of an AI by Elexxion's standards. Even at it's highest difficulty setting, unshackled, the design is still primitive enough for even a highly skilled human to out-think it. But still, it's something to do other than sit around and worry about the inevitable. Or, the somewhat-evitable. This is the Nexus after all; Death isn't quite the certainty it is elsewhere, and I pity the taxman who tries to collect in these parts.

"You're welcome. It's the least I could do." Planting his arms on the armrests, Wrath levers himself out of the chair and starts walking around the outer edge of the warehouse. He's a little curious about his surroundings, poking at the items on the shelves inquisitively, but mostly he's just looking to keep his own mind off things... Guh. Crimefighting wasn't supposed to be this damn complicated.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-12-30 at 04:17 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

28. - Top - End - #688

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Do you think you could send a robot to get one, Mia?" Adir asks.

[DMC]

Mia looks confused from Sakura to Adir. It's like she passed out for a moment.

"I don't know. After all I don't know who made the stones, what someone needs to make one or even who is able to do it. After all I didn't got time to look over the stones. If you can answer any of these questions I can go and do it."
    She says smiling innocient.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

[Away from Sitar's Strings]

The three don't seem to notice either of them, and like I said before, they probably won't unless their pursuers try to talk to them first. The teens seem to be taking a zig-zaggy route. At end of one block they turn left, then at the next they turn right.

Do the followers notice each other? Are they both sneaking? Together or seperately? Or are they on the bright and open?
    Maeve is following separately from Treb, and reasonably openly; if it matters, Maeve looks to be at most a few years older than they are, mostly because she is.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

Ice Rink

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Ice Rink]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Ice Rink

"I'm not evil. I'm not..."

Needs looks very distraught for a minute or two, before he abruptly crouches down to glare into the ice at his feet. A tailfin approximately the length of the entire ice rink flaps back and forth, taking something unimaginable away before anyone else noticed it showing up.

"Okay, Eileen, knock it off. Needs hasn't been calling you a drunk, so quit calling him evil. We're going to have a nice and cheerful day skating, or darkness help me, I'll turn this field trip around and take us all home." Tracey says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs