New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1534
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 49

[James Blond's Party - Footfall]

*Crunch!* "Oooouuuuccchhhh!!!" *Stomp!* "Augh! Justin! You clumsy oaf! You broke every bone in my feet! I hate you! You'll be hearing from my lawyers! Oh the unbearable pain! I'll see you in court!"

Hey, it's only a slow dance! So long as Justin does something along the lines of swaying back and forth while lazily rotating around their center, he can't possibly mess this up that badly...

Oh gods. I just jinxed it, didn't I?

A touch of red colors Alyca's cheeks as Justin ever so lightly places his hands on her hips. It isn't so much the action that she finds positively charming so much as the way Justin is going about it. He's just so...so gentle and innocent. What's more, he's treating her with the utmost care and respect, unlike most of the human beings she has encountered in her lifetime. He makes her feel special and wonderful.

Alyca's sparkling blue eyes express this feeling better than words ever could as she affectionately meets Justin's glance, as does the bashful little smile she wears.

"I'm not a vampire. I don't bite, you know."

She teases, attempting to gradually ease her hands farther behind Justin in tiny increments until she may very well end up outright embracing him while they dance.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Pixie in the Playground

[Random Spot]

Kenyon wipes some leftover wine from his lips, as his eyes follow the man's gesture toward Trog's. His expression brightens.

"Certainly good to see some familiar sights...but yeah, Town, that's how I used to know the place."

He fishes into his coat, and pulls out a ever-convenient picture of himself, arms draped over a pair of people, a man and a woman, in a friendly hug. Clearly a happier time for the man.

"If there's one thing you could do for me...do you recognize these two? The man goes by Jace, the woman, Jackie...their family wasn't very original in the namin' process."

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Abandoned-Looking Factory]

"Oh! Hi Zefir!"

Clarissa cheerily replies over a bloodcurdling scream that may go so far as to shake the phone that Zefir is calling her with. Following that is the sound of a blade cleaving through flesh. Then comes what isn't dead silence, as some might expect, but a deep, rumbling chant that could be produced by no human throat.

"Oh, that's easy. You just have to..."

Clarissa will proceed to instruct Zefir on how to distinguish between male dragons and female dragons over the noise of many ritualistic, demonic sacrifices.

Isn't she giving birth to her children in the same moment? Thought I read that. Zefir nods after all what Clarissa can't see.

"Ok thanks."

If nothing else comes from her Zefir will hang off and head to the babydragon for the gender.

[Inside the Sinkhole]

((I wait for BR))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Pixie in the Playground

Nah! Even a goddess of Clarissa's caliber isn't immune to the intense pain of child birth! She wouldn't answer her cell phone in the middle of labor!

So the phone conversation ends! Zefir should be able to find the female baby dragon buried under a blanket asleep in the spot he left her.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by antonm1107 View Post
    "Well... Against my better judgement..." Sam nodded and finished drinking her glass of water. "By the way, I suppose I should have asked this sooner but... Where are we? I was sort of expecting a ye-olde place with knights and stuff, not Tommorowland."

[Strangefellows Bar and Tavern]

"Alright then, one sherry, coming right up." Winking, Nigel reaches under the counter and pulls out a small bottle and a glass. He pour some of the light red-brown liquid out, pushing it over to Sam.

"This place, my dear, is the Nexus. It's a place where things from different worlds have combined to form a patchwork society of everything. This particular place is referred to as Inside, the largest city and the de facto capital of the world. You just happened to visit one of the more futuristic locales."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Black, Kirlia, That Lady, and Yuki
    Kirlia flops onto her back with a painful groan.
    "See?"
    She removes the front part of her armor, revealing her stomach.
    "It hurts..."
    She has internal bleeding and one, huge bruise all on her flat stomach.

Yuki raises an eyebrow. "So that energy attack of yours isn't without backlash..."

He places a hand on Kirlia's stomach, probing, and watching her reaction. Taking out a small scanner and a small, grey packet, he begins to assess her injuries. He places the packet onto her stomach, and the nanotech inside begins to work at the broken cells. "You should be fine, provided you let the 'bots work in peace. Don't do anything strenuous, don't channel anymore of your power unless you can do it without using your torso at all. These things are fragile. Any energy like that will fry them instantly."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #1176

Nah! Even a goddess of Clarissa's caliber isn't immune to the intense pain of child birth! She wouldn't answer her cell phone in the middle of labor!

So the phone conversation ends! Zefir should be able to find the female baby dragon buried under a blanket asleep in the spot he left her.

I more thought of short after or s. Didn't she want to do anything with him and the kids. Think you did make some hint.

Either way Zefir is a sneaky man so it shouldn't be a problem to get close to the dragon in no time. Well and then he does what was said to him on the phone.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "Nice to meet you Lou, I'm Cody."

As Young Star walks into the room he sees a small kitchennet in the back right corner, a door that looks like it leads to the bathroom on the wall to his left, and a long twin bed in the back left corner. The room smells like a fruity smoke, the hookah burning on the table in front of the couch probably producing the smell. The room is a bit messy with clothes piled randomly through out the apartment giving it a bit of a scent of unwashed clothes, though it is mostly covered up by the smoky smell.

"Well I have all sorts of stuff in stock. I have powders and potions, oils, herbs, mushrooms and pills. I have hallucengetics, narcotics, uppers and downers. Anything in particular that you are looking for?"
    [Tavern Room #3]

"Kapita. Enough for a get-together." Louis says non-chalantly. "Not even on the den's menu."

Kids!
    Songdancer will follow the person giving out scritches!
    Which I assume will be to their base.
    Yes. after the splitting of the ways the teens depart with Songdancer. It's actually not very far from there current location. They lead the pony left and down an alley a block away. Joker and emmi walk into the alley and disappear before Songdancer's very eyes. "Our turn Songdancer," the scritches girl says as she urges the pony in.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Presumably, then, after Maeve has gotten the number, and given hers out, Doc and Maeve head off to [Maeve's], in the Home thread.
    Doc follows Maeve to the home thread. (Will you post first?)

[James Blond's Party - Footfall]

*Crunch!* "Oooouuuuccchhhh!!!" *Stomp!* "Augh! Justin! You clumsy oaf! You broke every bone in my feet! I hate you! You'll be hearing from my lawyers! Oh the unbearable pain! I'll see you in court!"

Hey, it's only a slow dance! So long as Justin does something along the lines of swaying back and forth while lazily rotating around their center, he can't possibly mess this up that badly...

Oh gods. I just jinxed it, didn't I?

A touch of red colors Alyca's cheeks as Justin ever so lightly places his hands on her hips. It isn't so much the action that she finds positively charming so much as the way Justin is going about it. He's just so...so gentle and innocent. What's more, he's treating her with the utmost care and respect, unlike most of the human beings she has encountered in her lifetime. He makes her feel special and wonderful.

Alyca's sparkling blue eyes express this feeling better than words ever could as she affectionately meets Justin's glance, as does the bashful little smile she wears.

"I'm not a vampire. I don't bite, you know."

She teases, attempting to gradually ease her hands farther behind Justin in tiny increments until she may very well end up outright embracing him while they dance.
    [James Blond's Party - I'm not going to do a pun for Octopussy]

Wait! Is there timing on this? Is this a waltz? Is this what waltzing is. No. Okay Blondie, you are in the zone. Just follow the pretty girl's lead. Sway and turn. Yeah sure keep shuffling your feet, the worst that could happen is bumping toOOH God she's looking at you!

"Bite? No. I'm... I'm not afraid or anything I just don't know... what I'm doing." Lies! He's absolutely terrified that she's a vampire that he might offend her, hurt her, or look like an idiot. "I hope you don't mind leading." he says just before he notices her face getting closer. Darkness hides the blush, darkness hides the blush. Will it do so from so close? And will it cover up that surprised goofy smile your sporting.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Random Park Riftside

Drawn by the colours, Charity walks into the area around the park and watches it all, soaking it in. There's so much to see. So much more than most people see. It's really amazing watching the webs of reality crumble and reform around her. Beautiful. And deadly.
    Charity will see someone, a man in a tan suit. He has a suitcase in one hand, and he's moving with a purpose. He's headed for the park, the center of the chaos, seemingly uncaring about what goes on around him.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ogre in the Playground

Rocketing Through Inside

Enshadu is here, with Zee on top of him. His back is grinding into the ground, the elementium breaking the streets, sidewalks, anything in the way. He's powered by a massive amount of jet fuel launching from a booster in his back, and two boosters in his feet. He just flew out of Trog's, bricks and wood flying everywhere in an explosion of dust. He's grinding in, and screaming obscenities at Zee. Yooooou idiooooot, whhhhat wassss goooooing on in yoooooour flesssshy braiiiiin?! growls, ricocheting off objects in the street, buildings, and terrifiying a few poor cats. He attempts to trade places with Zee, turning to be on the top, dragging Zee's unprotected body into the hard cement at high speed. The street they're flying down goes on for a while, before turning a corner. They're about a fouth of the way there. I'll griiiiimnd your skiiiin intooooo the asphallllllt.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Pixie in the Playground

[Random Spot]

Kenyon turns to look at Trog's as Zee and Enshadu explode out of the front of the tavern.

"Yep, just like the good ol' days."
    Last edited by Kenyon; 2013-01-13 at 07:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1181

Random Spot

"Don't reckon I e'er heard of either, son. You done been away for a long, long time, many a face has come and gone in that ti-"

Oh look, explosions and chaos. Our humble prince of darkness cackles once more, his raspy, half-dead throat warbling at the sight of the combatants smashing their way right out of the supposedly indestructible building.

"Oh lordy lord, now isn't that a sight! Love me some brawling sons of bitches, I do. They ain't my jurisdiction, them kiddies there, but y'never know when a stray fireball's gonna toast some sad bastard what is. Done paid the mortgage on half this street, off chance one of my monkeys gets wasted."

Mr. Sirtch, for that's the name of this twisted fellow, offers Kenyon a conspiratorial wink. No harm in telling an itsy-bitsy nobody outside his domain about this sort of thing, right? Ol' Kenster's far too busy trying to find his place in this new world to go about tattling on the devil to a bunch of NPCs, isn't he?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #1182

Kiddos
    Songdancer will follow along!
    Scritches are a motivating factor here

---

Black, Kirlia, That Lady, Yuki
    Kirlia nods, relaxing and letting the bots do their work.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Tavern Room #3]

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Kapita. Enough for a get-together." Louis says non-chalantly. "Not even on the den's menu."
    Cody raises his eyebrows at this request.

"Kapita huh? Have you ever used it before? It is pretty rare."

Sounds like Cody doesn't believe Lou could handle Kapita.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Random Spot

"Don't reckon I e'er heard of either, son. You done been away for a long, long time, many a face has come and gone in that ti-"

Oh look, explosions and chaos. Our humble prince of darkness cackles once more, his raspy, half-dead throat warbling at the sight of the combatants smashing their way right out of the supposedly indestructible building.

"Oh lordy lord, now isn't that a sight! Love me some brawling sons of bitches, I do. They ain't my jurisdiction, them kiddies there, but y'never know when a stray fireball's gonna toast some sad bastard what is. Done paid the mortgage on half this street, off chance one of my monkeys gets wasted."

Mr. Sirtch, for that's the name of this twisted fellow, offers Kenyon a conspiratorial wink. No harm in telling an itsy-bitsy nobody outside his domain about this sort of thing, right? Ol' Kenster's far too busy trying to find his place in this new world to go about tattling on the devil to a bunch of NPCs, isn't he?
    [Random Spot]

Itsy-bitsy? Nobody? I'll have you know Kenyon's gone toe to toe with gods! Tangled with magic cabals! Headbutted ponies! Some crazy escapee from a burn ward couldn't have the stones to fu-

...wait, we're live? I'm narrating right now? Dammit!

Kenyon pulls the picture back, and tucks it back into his pocket, still watching the fireworks near Trog's.

"I s'pose it has been a while. Can't say I blame 'em for movin' on..."

Kenyon nods in response to Sirtch's comments about the fight, knowing full well that his associate's comments are likely over his pay grade, for the moment.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Troll in the Playground

Inside the Sinkhole

Susan, who has wandered over to supervise the tractoring and cutting, holds up her hands and positions herself where she can be clearly seen.

"Hey, we're here to help, y'kennit?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #1186

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Red Zone Alley]

Amist chuckles softly to herself, letting her own hips sway to provide a few more 'accidental' bumps. And when the door is opened, she nods with a surprisingly girlish giggle, and steps inside...
    [Red Zone - Empty Building]

The inside is...dull. Nothing of note. Looks abandoned, really. Huge open space just pass the door. Might have been a factory floor or something, but it's been cleaned out.

Ivaz glances around, then turns back to the men, a look of surprise on her face. Hey, I thought you said there was gonna be a party here. I don't see nothin'.

The men chuckle. Ah, yes, ya see...We're gonna make it a party here. And you ladies are the entertainment. At that, the men chuckle again and slowly advance towards the pair of ladies.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Troll in the Playground

[Red Zone - Empty Building]

Amist arches an eyebrow, then starts to giggle.
    "OOooh, I see. These boys are silly, aren't they. And what is it we do with silly boys, again?" she asks Ivaz, her grin growing into a wicked smirk.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    DMC

MDM will carry the chair the other robot brougth for Sakura, so that every time she needs a break she can sit down. MDM currently is 'only' 8 feet tall. Mia has helps in the garden as well.

"We got water here or other things inside. We can go there if you want." she points at the building in the middle, which is the curch bulding. a tottaly innocent way for bring Adir inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [DMC]

"Sure, we could head inside. I could use a bit longer of a break anyway." Sakura says. She picks herself out of her chair in preparation to go inside.
    Adir will follow the girls, then, flicking some more sweat off his brow before they get inside. It'd be rather rude to wipe it everywhere in a church.

"Nice place, Mia. The inside's a lot prettier than the outside." A pair of large, brown eyes glance around. "Is this where I'm supposed to give thanks?"

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Grey Zone- House of Wares

"Oh." Not as bad as he thought it'd be, really. But still well above Wrath's abilities as a saboteur. "How advanced? Like, robots and turrets? Or just locking doors. I mean, theoretically, would there be anything that could stop me from blasting a door in the wall, running in and stealing his computer?" But running in and grabbing a computer, that he can do. As long as the place isn't crawling with security drones and forcefields at least.
    "A wide variety of things," Kailee says vaguely. She doesn't give too much elaboration because she considers it unnecessary. To infiltrate the computer banks before Auditors locked it down would be... difficult. "Most notably that his 'computer' weighs in excess of six hundred pounds, and that his brain lives inside it."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-01-13 at 11:30 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #1189

Grey Zone - House of Wares

"Right then," Ashley says. "We'll head there as soon as you're ready. You coming with, Wrath?"

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [The Sinkhole]

Sigil gives a shallow nod. "We've done the best we can," he replies simply as he begins the process of triage. Determining who is in most desperate need of care. His first order of business is to stabilize anyone with life threatening conditions. Considering that he has no fewer than four different flavors of healing at his disposal finding which magic will work best shouldn't be too difficult.

"And despite all this? I still think everything is going to work out. I have no idea how. But... everything is still going to work out."

He glances up to give Rarity a hopeful smile and notices... One of their friends... doing something? "What's Fluttershy up to?"

Meanwhile!

FWOOOSH!

Followed by a pathetic little murmuring sound as fully two thirds of the swarm is flash-incinerated. The rest of the red plant-insect abomination are blasted over by the fwoosh, but they're quickly gathering themselves up again.

A shrill whistle splits the air as the rest of the reds elsewhere in the swarm drop whatever they were doing and begin to converge on Flutters. These things seem to be quite fire resistant. It's going to take some creativity to get rid of them.

[Stalking Sparkle]

"In her present state she is a threat to my home and those I care about," Raven replies matter of factly as she passes away from the ruined sewers and begins tasting at the air with her tongue. Seems she's on the trail again. "Attempts to cure her have failed. So she must be destroyed before the plans of her benefactor can be accomplished."

Pinkie is cast a sidelong glance.

"Have you ever seen one of your loved ones slain violently?"

[The Sinkhole - Sigil and Friends]

Trying to instill a little hope, while working on the severely wounded?
    And while a nearby friend sets little plant-bugs on fire?

Doesn't quite work so well, judging by the vaguely traumatized look Rarity is wearing. Although perhaps...depressed may be a better word.
    "...is that...fire?"

Meanwhile, quiet, timid Fluttershy is screaming bloody murder at the group of red plant-bugs, in between hurls of rubble chunks.
    She's hovering, not pretending to play particularly fair for the things, periodically zipping off to the side to find another piece of ammunition.
    Death is hardly a fair thing, after all.

On the bright side, AJ seems to be stirring!

[Somewhere Astride of Everything - With Raven]

Raven's brief justification doesn't seem to sit well with Pinkie.
    It really seems kind of silly.
    "Well we can always try something else! Twilight always said there was more than one way to look at a problem. 'If you can't solve something with the direct approach, try again with the indirect approach.' Or maybe that was a book.
    I dunno, they're kinda alike sometimes."

She ponders that for a moment, or forever, or not at all.

"And that's a very personal question, grumpy-butt! I don't think I want to answer it very much. Or let you demonstrate!
    So! I think.
    We should come up with a back up plan. Back-up plans are great. Smart ponies love back-up plans, I think.
    Oooooooor, I can just stop you while the other smart ponies think of a back-up plan."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Near the Sinkhole, rapidly moving away from it]

Yuki might have a bit of a problem getting Kirlia to lie down.

She's still over Black's shoulder at the moment.

And Black is still running. It's not taking any chances here. It has no idea just how much damage Kirlia caused and has no desire to be remotely close enough to be caught out by any secondary collapses.

"I see you escaped. Good. You can see to her once we're well clear of the area. The damage she's caused will have caught the attention of many people. I doubt any of us wish to be caught and thrown in prison for her actions. With a hole that big in the middle of Inside, I doubt people will be willing to listen to reason."

That said, Black keeps running for another minute or so, then ducks into the nearest alley and lets the two ladies down from its shoulders.
    Kirlia flops onto her back with a painful groan.
    "See?"
    She removes the front part of her armor, revealing her stomach.
    "It hurts..."
    She has internal bleeding and one, huge bruise all on her flat stomach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post

Yuki raises an eyebrow. "So that energy attack of yours isn't without backlash..."

He places a hand on Kirlia's stomach, probing, and watching her reaction. Taking out a small scanner and a small, grey packet, he begins to assess her injuries. He places the packet onto her stomach, and the nanotech inside begins to work at the broken cells. "You should be fine, provided you let the 'bots work in peace. Don't do anything strenuous, don't channel anymore of your power unless you can do it without using your torso at all. These things are fragile. Any energy like that will fry them instantly."
    Black, Kirlia, That Lady, Yuki
    Kirlia nods, relaxing and letting the bots do their work.

[An Alley - With a Creation, Kirlia, and Yuki (Also Two Others)]

Yuki seems quite eager to get on things.

The cloaked woman watches with rather distinct interest, offering the creation a vaguely thankful pat on whatever-limb-is-nearby, before proceeding to ignore it entirely.
    Rather narrow-focused, this one.

"So, severe consequences to excessive release. Perhaps lacking a significant biological buttress for such actions.
    That wouldn't be particularly useful for the array if she dies midway through..."

What is she even babbling about?

"Mm, possibly!
    Miss, while you're having your stomach repaired, perhaps you could listen to a little request.
    I was wondering if I might be able to borrow you and your energy burst for a project of mine. Perfectly safe conditions, I think I can temporarily prevent the backlash issue, and you'll be helping to save the world! It would be quick, no real obligations outside of a few minutes of your time. Would that be agreeable?"

Straight to business, it seems. The demons aren't worth a passing remembrance.

Rapidly approaching, streaking along directly along the Black Creation's path, are a lunar princess and her cyborg companion.

It will be just a moment or three before they land outside the alley at their rather extreme pace...
    "She will likely resist. If you have the means, help me subdue her before she can prepare magic."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

21. - Top - End - #1191

[The Sinkhole]

Sigil blinks. And kind of... gapes a little. Did the yellow pegasus completely snap? Though... she really isn't yellow anymore is she? More of a reddish orange. Or maybe orangish red? Regardless of color the rocks she's hurling down on the red pikmin are smashing them pretty effectively, leaving little black pikmin ghosts to hover in clouds for moments before being drug down into the depths of Gehenna where they belong.

Unable to retaliate against the flying pegasus the nasty little creatures begin to retreat toward the perceived safety of their hive.

"It looks like it. She made a display of pyroturgy down in the sewers earlier. Near as I can tell it's still pegasus magic. Just... expanded a bit in its scope," Sigil replies. Though he decides to skip going into detail of how the magic seems to be working. Which is pretty fascinating in and of itself. "It isn't terribly unusual for the Nexus to augment a newcomer that it feels is helpless or weak. Give them a fighting chance here."

And to make them more interesting!

He scowls at the bug-plants and brings a heavy hoof down atop a blue that was straying a little too close to the child he had been tending to. "Pikmin. Vile little infernal scavengers. These are the things that injured Fluttershy earlier. If you see any of them getting close to the injured stomp on them. One or two aren't very dangerous, but they're lethal in large numbers."

They look cute though! At least until a few thousand are swarming over you and carrying you away in bits.

[Sparkle Stalking]

Oh look!

There's her quarry. And some other people. Just a little jaunt in a direction that most would insist doesn't exist at all. Raven watches with cold, calculating eyes. Which venom to use. The proper dosage. All these things are to be done carefully and with precision. Error isn't something Raven values.

Pinkie's back-up back-up plan of stopping the eldritch assassin is given no response to speak of.

Though...

She really doesn't fancy how devastated her brother will be as a result of the death of his friend. That sort of profound failure on his part would be scarring to say the least. Maybe is she just...

"Very well. A backup plan. My bite will not still her heart. Instead it will cripple her magic. And the magic of the parasite that clings to her soul. She will be helpless and you shall do as you wish with her."

She doesn't wait for a reply.

Instead Raven moves to sink her fangs into the purple-haired human without even bothering to emerge into three dimensional space.

It would feel like... a prick in the mind. Followed by a rather horrific sensation of burning that spreads rapidly through body and psyche alike. Suffice to say it would be painful and generally awful.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

22. - Top - End - #1192

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Inside the Sinkhole]

Well, given that both of these things happen at once, something interesting happens.

All of them run in panic away from the giant crystal scorpion. Given that they don't have to worry about air anymore now that the skylight is open, there's also screaming.

Sora, though a bit exhausted from doing so much magical busywork already, has his hands glowing with a spell at the ready, "Don't come any closer!" He moves to the front of the group to protect them if need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Inside the Sinkhole

Susan, who has wandered over to supervise the tractoring and cutting, holds up her hands and positions herself where she can be clearly seen.

"Hey, we're here to help, y'kennit?"
    Inside the Sinkhole]

The skorpion first ignores the warning unless he is out of the cave he just digged. He then makes a few steps to the side offering the people the hole. Sora or the other people may notice the sign of Rmenant on the skorpions body.

"Cool down guy. I'm here to safe you and these people."

Still the scorpion holds his claws in front and his tail twitcha round.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Adir will follow the girls, then, flicking some more sweat off his brow before they get inside. It'd be rather rude to wipe it everywhere in a church.

"Nice place, Mia. The inside's a lot prettier than the outside." A pair of large, brown eyes glance around. "Is this where I'm supposed to give thanks?"
    [DMC]

The inside of the building reveals a very tall room. Several benches are placed in the hall with ways, big enougth to allow MDM to pass. From the floor hang a few banner showing of a giant person sitting in a char. It's hard to make out what or who it is since the person appears to sit in a shadow. On the back wall the same picture is carved into the wall. The side walls show pictures of other 'important' scenes for the religion. The first animation of a robot. The invention of steam based machines. War scenes from robots between creatues that look like a mix of jellyfish and human. And others. Two robots currently keep the room clean, but as Mia appears they bow and leave through a sidedoor.

"Yes, that would be the place."

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post

[Strangefellows Bar and Tavern]

"Alright then, one sherry, coming right up." Winking, Nigel reaches under the counter and pulls out a small bottle and a glass. He pour some of the light red-brown liquid out, pushing it over to Sam.

"This place, my dear, is the Nexus. It's a place where things from different worlds have combined to form a patchwork society of everything. This particular place is referred to as Inside, the largest city and the de facto capital of the world. You just happened to visit one of the more futuristic locales."

Strangefellows' Bar and Tavern
    Sam smiles and takes a small sip. "Huh. Interesting. A patchwork society of everything... How could law work in a world where such different cultures merge together? How do such different beings coexist without descending into chao-actually, never mind I said any of that. Don't want to start burdening anyone with questions." Before she knew it, her glass was empty. "Maybe I should lay off before the alcohol messes with my head."

Cirrus Street - Skyfellows' Bar and Tavern
    Not far from Strangefellows - almost across the street, in fact - is it's primary competitor, Skyfellows. An obvious copycat of Strangefellows at first, this bar and tavern allows the culture of Cirrus Street to affect it more, with reflective surfaces and electronic fireplaces replacing the relatively older-style of Strangefellows. Most of Skyfellows' customers are cybernetic beings, some even being completely synthetic. Pure organics were looked down upon in this tavern, and when Jake entered, everything grinded to a halt. There wasn't a rule against organic beings, but almost everybody at the tavern glared at him.
    Not that Jake minded, or even noticed; he was completely oblivious to them. Or rather, he pretended to be oblivious, inwardly laughing at how they reacted to someone like him. "I don't suppose you take bronze coins, do you?"
    The bar's owner, while just as incredulous as the men in his bar, wasn't one to turn down gold. "Twenty for a room for the night."
    Jake nods and puts twenty coins on the table, at which point he's handed a small keycard. A cyborg nearby growled at the boy. "A word of warning, human; be careful of your belongings. Be especially careful." Jake isn't about to let that deter him, though, and puts the keycard in his pocket.
    "Do people play blackjack here? I think my luck's finally turned around."
    You've nothing to fear but fear itself.
    And that crazy guy with a chainsaw behind you.
    The Cost to Save the World - My POKEMON fanfiction RECENTLY UPDATED
    Morality is for people who don't have other people trying to kill them every five minutes - Gordon Freeman
    NEXUS CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

Asphalt Jet Skis

Reinholdt arrives! Returning to Trog's to find Kyne. Instead, he finds Enshadu and Zee quibbling over whose turn it is to grind their face against the ground.

He quickly makes sure he's out of the way so they can pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Rocketing Through Inside

Enshadu is here, with Zee on top of him. His back is grinding into the ground, the elementium breaking the streets, sidewalks, anything in the way. He's powered by a massive amount of jet fuel launching from a booster in his back, and two boosters in his feet. He just flew out of Trog's, bricks and wood flying everywhere in an explosion of dust. He's grinding in, and screaming obscenities at Zee. Yooooou idiooooot, whhhhat wassss goooooing on in yoooooour flesssshy braiiiiin?! growls, ricocheting off objects in the street, buildings, and terrifiying a few poor cats. He attempts to trade places with Zee, turning to be on the top, dragging Zee's unprotected body into the hard cement at high speed. The street they're flying down goes on for a while, before turning a corner. They're about a fouth of the way there. I'll griiiiimnd your skiiiin intooooo the asphallllllt.
    Wenomir is following Zee and Enshadu all along. It's hard to miss their trail and he can run quite fast.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [DMC]

The inside of the building reveals a very tall room. Several benches are placed in the hall with ways, big enougth to allow MDM to pass. From the floor hang a few banner showing of a giant person sitting in a char. It's hard to make out what or who it is since the person appears to sit in a shadow. On the back wall the same picture is carved into the wall. The side walls show pictures of other 'important' scenes for the religion. The first animation of a robot. The invention of steam based machines. War scenes from robots between creatues that look like a mix of jellyfish and human. And others. Two robots currently keep the room clean, but as Mia appears they bow and leave through a sidedoor.

"Yes, that would be the place."
    [DMC]

Sakura looks around at the inside of the church. Adir had told her they were going to a church, but she wasn't sure what to expect. It's nicely decorated at least. "So what are we supposed to do?"

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rocketing Through Inside]

A quiet, high-pitched whine to Wenomir's left may alert him to the presence of KR, hovering lazily along beside him. Instead of her usual garb, she seems to be wearing instead a suit of power armor, sleek along the limbs but slightly bulkier at the torso, with a slightly unfinished look - plain gunmetal gray with visible rivets and joins and exposed wiring in places. Small, circular thrusters set into the back, upper arms, calves and soles of the suit seem to be providing lift and propulsion, rotating slightly in their casings to redirect the bright, wispy trail of charged particles streaming out from them as KR leisurely rotates in midair, the thrusters in her boots pulsing very slightly as she pulls ahead of Wenomir, facing him.
    "Wanna lift?" She says, folding her arms and grinning.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-01-14 at 12:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

"I could use one," Wenomir says, grinning back without slowing down. "That guy is easy to follow, but fast. Zee tackled him in mid-air and then everything went pear-shaped."
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-01-14 at 09:53 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

"Right." Says KR, and there's a *hiss-click* as several panels slide up from the collar of her suit, snapping into place to form a smooth helmet, with a solid faceplate made of some opaque, glossy black material. The thrusters pulse again as KR somersaults smoothly over Wenomir's head, attempting to slip her arms under his, grabbing him by the chest and lifting him off the ground.
    "Hold on to your bone marrow." She says, her voice sounding slightly metallic through the helmet speakers. Her thrusters pulse, that soft whine strengthens a hair, and Wenomir might feel a brief lurch of acceleration and then wind blasting in his face as suddenly they're rocketing down the street at highway speeds, hot on the trail of the cyborg and his perfectly normal human female passenger.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-01-14 at 10:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

30. - Top - End - #1200

[Rocket Man]

"Why are you drawing out all your words? I can hear you just fine," Zee replies matter-of-factly as she's flipped over and pressed into the street. Unlike the evil robot she isn't made out of physically dubious space metal.

Which means there's now a bloody streak on the asphalt from her fleshy getting scoured off. Ouch...

Though that gross fleshy sounds are shortly replaced by an awful stone-on-stone screech as sparks begin to fly. There isn't much time to contemplate how weird that is because things get a lot weirder pretty fast. Zee's skin, all her skin, peels and rips away to reveal something under it that couldn't have possibly fit in there.

To put it simply the eldritch terrorhorror that just burst out of the silly barmaid is massive, her shoulder height about on par with an elephant. She's clad in smokey black carapace etched with white swirls and sigils that glow with a muted white radiance.

The robot is clutched firmly in both of her forclaws and she doesn't seem keen on letting go. Six wings that look more like windows into the blackness of the night sky rather than physical objects spread wide and the monster quite suddenly becomes fixed in place relative to the ground.

Captain Elementium may find the abrupt stop rather jarring.

"Here's how this is going to go down. I'm going to sit on you until Watchtower and Remnant arrive. And then they're going to decide what to do with you. Bit of advice? Setting Trog's on fire is always a terrible plan," K'rax speaks, her voice musical and pleasant. Though with an underlying ire that could break to the surface quite quickly. "I consider that inn my home. And the people there are my guests and under my protection. I don't take kindly to my guests being assaulted and used as hostages."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.