New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1534
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 49

Yellow Dog Salloon

"Not -hic- not now I can't, yer -hic- holding it." Duh. "Which ish't fair! I -hic- gaves them coinsh fer that! My score went down!" Giving Queenie a reproachful look, Jupiter makes a clumsy grab for the mug, which will pretty much end in him overbalancing and falling flat on his face unless she cares to catch him.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-01-15 at 12:29 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Grey Zone Streets]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Ignai keeps her head down as she walks down the street. Her worn clothes seem more appropriate for summer weather, aside from the thin windbreaker she wears with the hood drawn. She holds her hand over her chest, where under her clothes hangs a pouch that holds what little money she has.

Once she's out of the bad neighbourhood she'd just been in, she relaxes a bit and slows her pace. She sighs and leans against a nearby building and sighs heavily. She needs to find somewhere safe to stay the night.

Interaction wanted!
    Ignai might see Astrid, a 17 year old human woman, walking home from Trog's. She might also notice the two men following behind Astrid, watching her and staying out of her sight. It doesn't look like Astrid is very wealthy, her clothes almost all second hand and patched up by herself. She carries a large bag at her side that might make a tempting target for purse snatchers. Then again men following behind a young woman might have other things on their mind then purses.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

Generic Street->Riftside

Multiple 'disasters' is enough to shake Lexington out of deadtime. Looking about, he heads off towards the Rift to investigate after depositing the still-inactive Geth in a safe corner with a bunch of wards and a "do not disturb" sign (permission to Assume Direct Control granted).
    The seven-foot space dino isn't worried enough to pull out one of his guns, so instead he merely plods on, attempting to get energy readings and possibly a map from his Gauntlet wrist-computer. The latter feature barely works in Inside as-is, and the Rift probably isn't helping it.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftside]

Watch has a directive; to protect the Nexus from large scale threats. Normally, this is pretty cut and dry, with big apocalypse events being prevalent to all who are paying attention. This one is a bit more odd, but it has the potential to be fairly catastrophic.

To that end, a certain half-dragon is here, getting ready to walk into the area. He's decked out in some jeans, a cotton tee shirt, and what appears to be, of all things, a fanny pack. It's a bag of holding, interestingly, containing a collapsible pole, some rope, some chalk, a few rubber bouncy balls, and an adamantine longsword. He's traveling light because he doesn't expect to get into much combat and wants to be able to move quickly and escape if the crap hits the fan.

He'll take his first steps into the area, moving quickly towards the center, starting from a residential area.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #1235

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Riftside - Sir Correl

Sir Correl's destiny has brought him to a site of grand adventure and conquest! But not for him, no. His story is to be written among the pages of others this day unless he can fight against the powerful magickes at work within the sphere of chaos.

For now, should he walk into the glow that extends a few blocks out from the park he may find his hand resting on the handle of a comb instead of that of his trusty blade, sticking out of a purse that rests on a silk-covered hip. Though his form is unchanged, the effects are attempting to change his garment's into that of a reedy damsel who should do naught but cry for distress!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Bakery

"I'll make - um, buy - you four of the sticky cakes that are your favourite," Elias says, remembering that he isn't able to work the kitchens anymore. "Just go up to my room and get the things that are mine. Here, I'll get you a bag."

He rummages around and comes up with a clean flour bag.

"I have a couple of secret places, with some money in them," he says in a low voice, then whispers in her ear how to find them. One is under a floor board, and another is inside the wall.
    [Philip Memorial Library]

Well then, Kirin can look through the book after beings known as Avatarions that are pyramid shaped but she will not find anything. She can find pyramid shaped things and beings with similar names, but not in any combination that describes the being Harnel claims to be communicating with.

Bakery

"Okay." Hekta whispers back, smiling widely at Elias before she disappears up the stairs to retrieve the money. Though, couldn't she buy the sweets here or would there be no more sweets now that Elias had a broken leg? Dahl would still make sweets right? Couldn't she buy them from him? Oh right, Elias wanted her to buy stuff you made sweets of, that made more sense. Then again, she could save his money if she just found some ingredients for him instead...

Riftside - Sir Correl

The eldarin takes this change in strides. It appeared as if his armor had been misplaced somehow and replacing with what appeared to be women's clothing. But while he found it more comfortable then his armor, it wasn't exactly the attire you went into battle with. He seemed to have gained a clue what was going on here however. It looked like some sort of chaos rift that was causing all this. That was problematic to say at least, he couldn't leave without his armor but he wasn't sure he could do much against such a rift.

But he had to try at least, that was his duty as an knight. The eldarine makes a magical gesture with his hand which will grant him the ability to see the structure (if any) of the rift, and perhaps see how it could be broken.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Barbarian in the Playground

Riftside - Within the Glow

Spoiler
    Show

As Needs turns back to the park it is no longer within sight, having been replaced with a near-perfect replica of the Magcave's entrance pulled from another world. This one seems to have profane graffiti scribbled all over it in the rigid, precisely computer generated style that most automatons have.

There's also a fabricated steel goat head hung above the front door at a jaunty angle.

Goat skull! YES! This is exactly what Needs needs! He quickly floats right up to take it off the door, twist and reshape the thing with inhuman force, and then wear the mutilated skull as a jaunty helmet.

"Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin
    naal ok zin los vahriin
    wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!"

Man, this is just too much fun. The other clones are going to have to discipline Needs for exceeding his fun allowance for all of the next three months on this one nonsensical action, but man, is it worth the price. He moves forward again, the Dovahklone intent on finding his way to the heart of this chaos and darkness.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-01-15 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

7. - Top - End - #1237

Well.

There are three possibilities here.

Either these creatures are so awful that they're only mentioned in the Superfun Rare Book Room books, no one has ever bothered to write anything down about them, or someone is pulling Harnel's tail and making up spooky critters that don't actually exist.

But which could it be!

WHO KNOWS!

Maybe the Librarian?

"May I help you find something?" the scholarly looking elderly fellow in the snappy sweater vest inquires. Holy crap where did he come from?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Strangefellows Bar and Tavern]

"In order... Fallen. Be nice, be open-minded. And I used to serve some guy named ★." The angel mutters, still annoyed. His last word isn't so much a word as a shattering sound that hurts to hear.

"So, Hikari says you have someone you need me to find. Could we get on with it? I haven't finished eating yet..."
    Sam frowns; what did Hikari do to get him here? "Um... Sure." She considers asking a few more questions, but doesn't want to annoy the fallen angel any longer.
    Last edited by antonm1107; 2013-01-15 at 05:21 PM.
    You've nothing to fear but fear itself.
    And that crazy guy with a chainsaw behind you.
    The Cost to Save the World - My POKEMON fanfiction RECENTLY UPDATED
    Morality is for people who don't have other people trying to kill them every five minutes - Gordon Freeman
    NEXUS CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #1239

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Riftside - Charity and the man in the tan suit

"Your confusion is understandable; permit me to correct you. I am Mr. Ecru."

Ecru being the specific shade of tan, presumably. He looks at the black mass blocking his path, not with confusion or annoyance... not even with surprise. He seems to simply accept this mass.

He raises a hand toward it... and if Charity looks at him with her artist's eyes, she will see something odd. Like he's flat, artificial, too crisp and clean cut. And with a vague gesture he releases a prismatic beam in the direction of the wall, one that dictates that the impossible is impossible, and therefore does not exist. He tries to use this beam to cut his way through the wall, and then continue toward the park.

The giggling is not acknowledged for now. For all anyone else can tell, he doesn't even hear it.
    Riftside - Charity and the man in the tan suit

Nudism is fine, yes, but what would be even better is nudism enhanced by body painting, Charity decides. She runs her hands over her skin, leaving streaks of colour behind. When she's finished, her body sparkles with colours that tease the eye by almost, but never quite, seeming to make a recognizable image.

She looks at the tan man with disapproval. Tan! How boring! Unworthy of this place. No wonder his way was barred! "**** off, Tanny McTannistan!" she says.
    Riftside - Charity and Ecru

The beam does its job, but only in a localized fashion. Where it touches the wall it will eat away at it slowly, but the effect doesn't spread elsewhere and the black goo surrounding what he cut away doesn't succumb to gravity, instead hanging in the air. He would have to eliminate a portal large enough to move through by sweeping the beam back and forth if he wants to get past it without touching the ominous substance.

It also has one other, possibly unintentional effect. The air that the beam passes through is swiftly consumed by its reality-asserting effects, and a howling wind swiftly forms as the vacuum this causes sucks all the surrounding air towards the beam. Breathing within the area surrounding the beam will be quite difficult with all the oxygen being eaten up by this effect. The giggling can still be heard though, even over the rushing of the winds.

Charity, who seems to be taking this rather well, may find her eyes drawn back up to the glowing ball of chaos that she can see hovering over the park just a few blocks away. No matter what the landscape changes to, it remains the only constant.

And it calls to her. No matter how magnificent the sights may be now, they will only become better as she moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Riftside

"Ah! Child of Pasiphae and the Bull of Crete, I mean no harm. We are here to examine the glowy sparky glowy thing in the sky that's glowing and sparky. Please, let us pass and I shall sell sea-shells on the sea shore. Um, no, that's not right. We shall leave in peace, not war, to the Hop Farm." The dwarf raises his hands to show he's unarmed. When he was banished, his axe was confiscated, and he hasn't had another since then.

I'm also not expecting the last real-world reference to be recognised, as it's a local event.
    Riftside

The minotaur grumbles in a jumble of languages, each word in a different dialect to the ones before it and yet its meaning is clear.

"If you would splint my leg, I will take you there. Like this I am just prey for the hounds." The last word resonates, spoken in the tongue of an ancient predator that died to a much greater foe. To any thinking mind it feels like "guardian," but not in a comforting way.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Riftside]

Watch has a directive; to protect the Nexus from large scale threats. Normally, this is pretty cut and dry, with big apocalypse events being prevalent to all who are paying attention. This one is a bit more odd, but it has the potential to be fairly catastrophic.

To that end, a certain half-dragon is here, getting ready to walk into the area. He's decked out in some jeans, a cotton tee shirt, and what appears to be, of all things, a fanny pack. It's a bag of holding, interestingly, containing a collapsible pole, some rope, some chalk, a few rubber bouncy balls, and an adamantine longsword. He's traveling light because he doesn't expect to get into much combat and wants to be able to move quickly and escape if the crap hits the fan.

He'll take his first steps into the area, moving quickly towards the center, starting from a residential area.
    Riftside

Surprisingly except for a few shifts in time from day to night and in between, the path Harnel walks seems relatively calm. There are minute details like a stray cat one minute becoming a raccoon the next, but in all he doesn't seem to be in for much.

Then, from a nearby alley an extremely alluring woman dressed only in the barest rags staggers towards him. Her entire upper torso is bare, and it looks like all she owns in terms of clothing is a scrap of cloth knotted around her waist.

"Please help me, or they'll find me again!" She pants, appearing delirious as she tries to collapse against his chest.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Generic Street->Riftside

Multiple 'disasters' is enough to shake Lexington out of deadtime. Looking about, he heads off towards the Rift to investigate after depositing the still-inactive Geth in a safe corner with a bunch of wards and a "do not disturb" sign (permission to Assume Direct Control granted).
    The seven-foot space dino isn't worried enough to pull out one of his guns, so instead he merely plods on, attempting to get energy readings and possibly a map from his Gauntlet wrist-computer. The latter feature barely works in Inside as-is, and the Rift probably isn't helping it.
    Riftside

The gauntlet gives surprisingly accurate readings, considering the nature of the rift. The area is being bathed in a field that simultaneously encompasses all wavelengths and power types and has a power level ranging from nothing to everything, plus watermelon.

A watermelon falls from a cloud hovering above his head, and it will smack him in the shoulder if he doesn't move out of the way in time. The black cloud starts raining fruit quite hard, ranging from pears to pomegranates to tomatoes. ((I'm assuming this particular space-dino has shoulders. If not, then it'd land on the back of his neck))

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Riftside - Sir Correl

The eldarin takes this change in strides. It appeared as if his armor had been misplaced somehow and replacing with what appeared to be women's clothing. But while he found it more comfortable then his armor, it wasn't exactly the attire you went into battle with. He seemed to have gained a clue what was going on here however. It looked like some sort of chaos rift that was causing all this. That was problematic to say at least, he couldn't leave without his armor but he wasn't sure he could do much against such a rift.

But he had to try at least, that was his duty as an knight. The eldarine makes a magical gesture with his hand which will grant him the ability to see the structure (if any) of the rift, and perhaps see how it could be broken.
    Riftside

The rift lacks structure, but Correl can see the layers of it from here. The true rift is at the core of the massive ball of colorful light, and it only effects the Nexus when things can see it. As the light has become fused to it, people simply viewing the light are causing it to react, keeping it constantly forced open and spilling new realities everywhere.

Another wave of particularly vibrant light rushes down the street, pulsing past Correl and bringing with it another set of changes. Everything's edges become thick and rounded, and the colors more pastel and cutesy, and a few girls down the street suddenly acquire sailor fukus in place of their normal clothing.

Correl, on the other hand, might find his eyes widened and mouth shrunk down to a thin line, and his princess dress replaced with a male student's uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post

Goat skull! YES! This is exactly what Needs needs! He quickly floats right up to take it off the door, twist and reshape the thing with inhuman force, and then wear the mutilated skull as a jaunty helmet.

"Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin
    naal ok zin los vahriin
    wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!"

Man, this is just too much fun. The other clones are going to have to discipline Needs for exceeding his fun allowance for all of the next three months on this one nonsensical action, but man, is it worth the price. He moves forward again, the Dovahklone intent on finding his way to the heart of this chaos and darkness.

Random bout of silliness accomplished, Needs moves towards the massive riftdoken hovering above this alternate Magcave. Nothing in particular obstructs him, but a scene begins to take place as he goes. The ground is positively littered with rusted metal Magbot parts and human bones sticking up from the soil, half buried by the rains and time passing. This cave was the sight of a massive battle between man and machine, or possibly Magclone and Magbot, and there is little to bear testament to how it ended now.

The rift is still beyond though, and there seems to be a lull in how much its rays change things with the proximity at least for the time being.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2013-01-15 at 05:58 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Orc in the Playground

Riftside

"Splint, brace, crutch! Or no crutch. Walking stick! Yes, that'd do nicely for a splint, but how to catch one without being devoured most messily?" As he speaks, the dwarf looks around for a suitable length of wood to act as a splint. The spirits in his head help him in this task, temporarily vacating and swooping off to try and find one. There's always at least one left behind, though; a mind such as his is too interesting, and now too vulnerable, to be left unattended. If he can't find one, he'll reach up and snap off the remaining antler. It's a bit crooked, and spiky, but he'll snap off the remaining tines and discard them to make it more suitable.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Philip Memorial Library

"Oh! I didn't hear you walk up." That's saying something, since Kirin's ears are rather good. "Um, I'm looking for information on an apparently very rare supernatural creature. Avatarions. Can you help? I can't figure out your filing system."

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

Riftside

Surprisingly except for a few shifts in time from day to night and in between, the path Harnel walks seems relatively calm. There are minute details like a stray cat one minute becoming a raccoon the next, but in all he doesn't seem to be in for much.

Then, from a nearby alley an extremely alluring woman dressed only in the barest rags staggers towards him. Her entire upper torso is bare, and it looks like all she owns in terms of clothing is a scrap of cloth knotted around her waist.

"Please help me, or they'll find me again!" She pants, appearing delirious as she tries to collapse against his chest.
    [Riftside - Harnel]

Harnel will catch the woman, before going to gently lower her to the ground, "Who'll find you? How can I help?"

He's being quite chivalrous and heroic here. His first instinct is to help, and his second is to take an eyeful, given his status as a heterosexual male, but he's not about to take advantage of someone in need of help.

13. - Top - End - #1243

Riftside

"Splint, brace, crutch! Or no crutch. Walking stick! Yes, that'd do nicely for a splint, but how to catch one without being devoured most messily?" As he speaks, the dwarf looks around for a suitable length of wood to act as a splint. The spirits in his head help him in this task, temporarily vacating and swooping off to try and find one. There's always at least one left behind, though; a mind such as his is too interesting, and now too vulnerable, to be left unattended. If he can't find one, he'll reach up and snap off the remaining antler. It's a bit crooked, and spiky, but he'll snap off the remaining tines and discard them to make it more suitable.
    Riftside - Dwarf

There is plenty of wood to be found, but none of it is in stick form. All of it seems to be balled up into bowling balls or carved into busts of famous emperors. So, it seems like antler snapping is the easier option in this case.

The minotaur thanks Iron Pyrite profusely in its strange mix of languages as the dwarf approaches, "You are a kind person. I do not relish the thought of being eaten again today."

[Riftside - Harnel]

Harnel will catch the woman, before going to gently lower her to the ground, "Who'll find you? How can I help?"

He's being quite chivalrous and heroic here. His first instinct is to help, and his second is to take an eyeful, given his status as a heterosexual male, but he's not about to take advantage of someone in need of help.
    Riftside - Harnel

A few questions may spring to Harnel's mind as he lowers the woman to the ground. Firstly, what happened to her prodigious chest, that was nearly as large as the one he longs for Cessie to have? Also, is it a bit draftier than usual in this street?

Because you see, when she pressed up against him a few things may have happened. One was that his t-shirt may have crumbled away into nothing, leaving his chest bare, and another is that all of that bulk may have been transferred to him, smooth pink flesh melding with his scales seamlessly.

The woman coughs, then laughs, "The hounds, they are our enemy. And now they will be yours as well." Already the area where her chest detached is being filled in using mass from her hips which crawls up her body under her skin.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2013-01-15 at 06:43 PM.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #1244

Aubergine Elmhouse

That last misstep was a bad one. The last thing a narcissistic megalomaniac wants to hear is that her boyfriend doesn't think she can be trusted with a menu.

"I'm not like you, Arthur. I'm capable of eating and sleeping at regular intervals, no matter how interesting my work is. And this isn't my work. This is the chef's work. I'm simply an admirer."
    Her tone is still frosty. He'll have to try a bit harder to make up lost ground.
    Arthur sighs in a defeated manner. He isn't gonna win this one. "Alright. Please, forgive me." With any luck, an outright apology and admission of defeat would help. He then falls silent for a moment, thinking to himself about why he was dating this girl when she acted this way all too frequently.

He isn't unhappy with the relationship, just wishing that Willow would tone it down a bit when it came to her megalomania. It's not like he isn't used to it, but her attitude's been...less welcome since he came home. "Really, I'm sorry." Am I? Of course I am, who am I kidding?
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

15. - Top - End - #1245

Needs takes another souvenir. Three-fourths of a femur, to be precise. He traces patterns in the air as he goes along with it, leaving a trail of negative energy behind, should he need to find his way back.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftside - Harnel]

Harnel swallows, and reaches down towards his chest, which now sports a pair of giant fleshy breasts. Flesh, not scales. what the hell is going on?

"What did you do to me!?" He sounds both angry and apprehensive, nearly yelling at her.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Orc in the Playground

Riftside- Fool's Gold

"Neither do I. It is a less than pleasant experience for all involved. Except possibly the eater." I don't know how Iron Pyrite knows what it's like to be eaten; I think it might be something one of his head-spirits encountered once. Or perhaps he's referring to what happened to that psychic that time, the one who tried to evict the spirits. Problem is, it's hard to evict something when you can't remember the way out yourself.

18. - Top - End - #1248

The Librarian looks thoughtful for a moment or two before giving his head a shake. "I'm afraid we have no books on such beings here. Either the knowledge has not yet been recorded or the creatures you speak of are a fabrication."

He randomly takes a book off the shelf, thumbs through it, gives a little nod, and then begins to walk off again.

"And our records here are quite exhaustive. Who told you of these beings and how did they come to hear of them?"

Why is he asking about this if they might not be real?

To see about them being added to a catalog of hoaxes of course!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

19. - Top - End - #1249

[Riftside - Harnel]

Harnel swallows, and reaches down towards his chest, which now sports a pair of giant fleshy breasts. Flesh, not scales. what the hell is going on?

"What did you do to me!?" He sounds both angry and apprehensive, nearly yelling at her.
    Riftside - Harnel

"You'll soon be one of us, driven by the urge to make more. You'll understand soon enough." The woman replies as her body takes on more normal, less hypersexualized proportions. While she speaks, Harnel may feel the scales around his chest begin to itch, and if he looks at the space where smooth skin becomes scale he should see it start to migrate outwards over the rest of his body, consuming one red scale at a time.

Riftside- Fool's Gold

"Neither do I. It is a less than pleasant experience for all involved. Except possibly the eater." I don't know how Iron Pyrite knows what it's like to be eaten; I think it might be something one of his head-spirits encountered once. Or perhaps he's referring to what happened to that psychic that time, the one who tried to evict the spirits. Problem is, it's hard to evict something when you can't remember the way out yourself.
    Riftside - Fool's Gold

"I would not know what the hounds feel, they are unknown to all." The minotaur rumbles before looking at the antler curiously, "Do you have something to tie that to my leg with? If so I will take you where you wish to go."

Needs takes another souvenir. Three-fourths of a femur, to be precise. He traces patterns in the air as he goes along with it, leaving a trail of negative energy behind, should he need to find his way back.

The trail he leaves is set upon by ravens, seeking the death energy that they assume has been released by a fresh corpse, and flapping away disappointed when that is not the case. He may notice that each raven is a sickly thing, and its eyes are replaced by mechanical constructs.

One piece of graffiti on a rock with a few eyeballs peaking out at him from underneath might draw his attention. It says "Fear the Overlords, but not their attacks."

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Orc in the Playground

Riftside- Fool's Gold

Iron Pyrite plucks out several hairs from his beard, going ouch each time. He'll use those to tie the antler-splint to the minotaur's leg, unless it resists or otherwise prevents him from carrying the action out. They should work; dwarf hair is stronger than human hair, though it won't last as long as ties made from other materials now it's no longer attached to a living dwarf. "You can come with us if you wish; I won't stop you. Nor will the voices. Even the fat purple one. Yes, you are, don't argue. I can see you, right there behind my eyes. You are clearly purple. Fine, fat lilac one." The last four sentences are clearly intended to be said in a softer voice, but unfortunately it seems Iron forgot to lower the volume.

21. - Top - End - #1251

"Native, reveal thyself," Needs commands coldly, his femur pointed down at the eyes under the rock. Just what is with this alien MagWorld and its graffiti, anyways? What kind of funky property-defacing apocalypse is this?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Troll in the Playground

Ice Rink

Eileen frowns, shaking her head and rolling her eyes a bit, before going to scratch out another message!
    ~Not something to hurt, birdbrain. Nonlinear eldritch effects. Magic.~

[Red Zone - Empty Building]

Amist grins cheerfully, and lets the two fellows charge at her once more!
    Before flexing her legs and leaping into the air, hoping they simply run into each other Loony Tunes style.

Or, alternatively, for her zap a Symbol of Pain on the floor in between them where she just was.

[Riftside]

Meanwhile, a young woman with twin katanas strapped to her back approaches the Riftside area. She seems to be searching for something, and is, also, wholly unaware of the rift, it seems.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftside - Harnel]

Harnel glares at the woman, then sits down cross-legged on the ground. His body will proceed to lose its scales for a short while before it simply... stops.

What he's doing is he's using a technique his father showed him for controlling poison in the body, and stamping it out. He hopes this is similar enough for it to to work; He's drawing on the draconic side of his spirit to stamp down on whatever this is and try to crush it. If nothing else, he'll hold it at a standstill.

24. - Top - End - #1254

Riftside

Well, these clothes were even made for males. But it still wasn't his armor though and he still needed Rumashu, his blade. If simply looking at it caused a reaction, perhaps it could be manipulated in some way. He tries to look through the various realities, searching for his own armor and blade, trying to ignore the various transformations he might suffer through in his quest for it. He had after all infused some of his own spirit in those objects, they would want to be found by him.

25. - Top - End - #1255

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post

[Riftside]

Meanwhile, a young woman with twin katanas strapped to her back approaches the Riftside area. She seems to be searching for something, and is, also, wholly unaware of the rift, it seems.
    Riftside - Woman

The rift is less than unaware of her unfortunately, and with those swords on her back it seems like she came prepared for trouble.

And since there's two of them, we'd better make it double.

Rather than finishing that delightfully nostalgic rhyme, the rift's rays begin blaring music directly into her ears, The noise is so loud and all encompassing that it could practically be used for torture, and it doesn't seem to have any obvious source. There are no speakers or instruments around, and not even another living person capable of playing. In fact, all she could see if she was willing to look around for it would be a rather plump blue bird with a yellow breast, black head, and white fringe around its neck.

[Riftside - Harnel]

Harnel glares at the woman, then sits down cross-legged on the ground. His body will proceed to lose its scales for a short while before it simply... stops.

What he's doing is he's using a technique his father showed him for controlling poison in the body, and stamping it out. He hopes this is similar enough for it to to work; He's drawing on the draconic side of his spirit to stamp down on whatever this is and try to crush it. If nothing else, he'll hold it at a standstill.
    Riftside - Harnel

"A resistor? You need more encouragement, that's all." The woman-shaped thing gets up from where she was laid on the ground and crawls sensually over to Harnel, attempting to put her hands on his knees and rub herself against him distractingly.

"Native, reveal thyself," Needs commands coldly, his femur pointed down at the eyes under the rock. Just what is with this alien MagWorld and its graffiti, anyways? What kind of funky property-defacing apocalypse is this?

The eyeballs scamper out on command, mechanical legs joined to their optic nerves and supporting them like bulbous spiders. They click and clatter in morse code, their pupils flashing red with each dot and dash just in case Needs is deaf.

If he understands morse code, he'll know they are asking for identification numbers before he is allowed to proceed further.

Riftside- Fool's Gold

Iron Pyrite plucks out several hairs from his beard, going ouch each time. He'll use those to tie the antler-splint to the minotaur's leg, unless it resists or otherwise prevents him from carrying the action out. They should work; dwarf hair is stronger than human hair, though it won't last as long as ties made from other materials now it's no longer attached to a living dwarf. "You can come with us if you wish; I won't stop you. Nor will the voices. Even the fat purple one. Yes, you are, don't argue. I can see you, right there behind my eyes. You are clearly purple. Fine, fat lilac one." The last four sentences are clearly intended to be said in a softer voice, but unfortunately it seems Iron forgot to lower the volume.
    Riftside - Fool's Gold

The minotaur shakes his massive bull's head as his horns are melted away by chaotic energy and replaced with antlers as well. His fur gets a bit shaggier and nose a bit rounder until he is clearly an anthropomorphic moose.

His leg seems to be fixed by this change as well, "I will carry you for your generosity in giving up your last rutting-spear." The moose-man reaches out and attempts to lift the dwarf up above his head and place him on one of the antlers so he can ride in style there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Riftside

Well, these clothes were even made for males. But it still wasn't his armor though and he still needed Rumashu, his blade. If simply looking at it caused a reaction, perhaps it could be manipulated in some way. He tries to look through the various realities, searching for his own armor and blade, trying to ignore the various transformations he might suffer through in his quest for it. He had after all infused some of his own spirit in those objects, they would want to be found by him.
    Riftside - Correl

From a nearby soda shoppe that wasn't present even a second ago, another young girl in a schoolgirl uniform rushes up to Correl, eyes watering, "Quick Pansuto-chan, there's a monster in the kitchens! You have to find the rainbow warrior to save our chef!"

26. - Top - End - #1256

Riftside - Correl

"Not... right now." Correl manages to say, he didn't really hear what the girl said, nor did he think it was more important then finding his armor. If he lost those, he would lose a part of himself. A part of him had a hard time resisting helping this poor woman though. This was real after all, but he could help her much better if he had his armor.

27. - Top - End - #1257

Needs hasn't a clue as to whether or not his serial code would be valid here. He provides it anyways, figuring it shouldn't be that much of a risk, given that all this world seems to have are spiderbots with weird eyeballs. Dead worlds, much like dead gods, are largely harmless, unless woken up prematurely.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Troll in the Playground

[Riftside - Lucy]
    (For that is who it is.)

At the sudden assault of sound on her ears, Lucy drops to her knees with a sharp cry of pain, drowned out by the infernal racket. She claps her hands to her ears, eyes closed tight as she tries not to let the aural assault completely incapacitate her!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

Riftside

The gauntlet gives surprisingly accurate readings, considering the nature of the rift. The area is being bathed in a field that simultaneously encompasses all wavelengths and power types and has a power level ranging from nothing to everything, plus watermelon.

A watermelon falls from a cloud hovering above his head, and it will smack him in the shoulder if he doesn't move out of the way in time. The black cloud starts raining fruit quite hard, ranging from pears to pomegranates to tomatoes. ((I'm assuming this particular space-dino has shoulders. If not, then it'd land on the back of his neck))
    Riftside- Fruit Deluge

(He's a sort of allosaurus/raptor sort of thing. I'm pretty sure he'd have some sort of shoulder structure.)
    Lex sidesteps the fruit. Combat training sure would be useless if he couldn't dodge something that simple, right? Anyway, this seems like a bad time to be standing still, so he'll pick up the pace and either find something to stand under or keep going out of the cloud's reach, whatever comes first.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Grey Zone Streets]

Ignai might see Astrid, a 17 year old human woman, walking home from Trog's. She might also notice the two men following behind Astrid, watching her and staying out of her sight. It doesn't look like Astrid is very wealthy, her clothes almost all second hand and patched up by herself. She carries a large bag at her side that might make a tempting target for purse snatchers. Then again men following behind a young woman might have other things on their mind then purses.
    ((Sorry about the delay. Wasn't sure how to have her react.))

[Grey Zone Streets]

Ignai notices, and knows right away it wouldn't be within her best interest to act. All she'd accomplish is making it so the men wouldn't have to share, and then she knows what else could happen as a result...

Oh dammit! Ignai pushes off the wall and walks toward Astrid as fast as she can. "There's two men following you." She says in a hushed voice as she pulls up alongside the other woman.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-01-15 at 09:08 PM.