New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1534
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 49

[Riftside]

Finally!

Though the griffon is a bit leery about that roof holding his weight. Just to be on the safe side he keeps his wings spread and his innate magic active. Being able to drastically reduce one's weight to make it easier to fly can be a very helpful ability to have!

Gerra eyes the dog curiously. "Animated candy? That's certainly an oddity. I wonder what kind of thaumaturgy is driving it."

He gives a morose sigh. "What I wouldn't give for my armor. But I can't very well risk it, now can I? Ah well. Make do with what I have I suppose."

And with that he begins to trace his talons in mid-air, leaving neon blue lines behind. A relatively simple talon-drawn scanning array lacks the precision of the machine-pressed geometries of the spell-matrix in his armor but it is better than nothing at least!

Hopefully the chaos rift doesn't take issue with the mathematics-based magic. The array exploding in a shower of blueberry flan would be quite bothersome.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Market Street]

Kenyon will see that it isn't just a simple stone as it initially appeared. Rather, there is some sort of large crab-like creature underneath it, carrying the entire load on its own. Only it's head and legs sticking out out are visible.

The girl looks up from where she'd been fiddling with a red and white ball of some sort. "Her name's Crustella. Haven't you ever seen a Crustle before?" Never mind that she'd never seen one in her life prior to catching this one.
    [Market Street]

Kenyon prods the Crustle carefully with a finger, taking care to keep a healthy distance from where he suspects claws would normally be on rock...crab...thing.

"No, I can say with absolute certainty I have not. Where'd you pick up such a critter?"

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

"I noticed that you... well you are really... you radiate heat?"

Astrid doesn't seem to be quite sure what the question she wants to ask. It seems like she is hoping Ignai gets the idea at some point. She doesn't sound like she is scared, more curious.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by antonm1107 View Post
    Jake nods. "Ah. Amnesiac. Well, I suppose that makes me the lucky one. I don't suppose you remember the slider band or Thomas, do you?" Sam recognizes the names, but can't remember what the latter correlates to.
    "By slider band, you mean this thing ,right?" She holds up her wrist, revealing the wristband on her person.
    "Yeah. Let me, you and Thomas travel between dimensions. Which reminds me; where the hell is Thomas? Eh, never mind." He looked at the magical girl. "Anything I can do to help sort out this mess?"
    [Skyfellow's]

Hikari shrugs. "You said there was someone else? Thomas, was it? Maybe we could find him."

Then she gives him a disapproving glare. "And perhaps you should be trying to help your friend rather than gambling, hmm?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riftside - Charity

Mr. Ecru only asserts reality for a moment to free himself, and then continues on toward the source. He doesn't hurry. He has plenty of time. It's not as if this hole is going to fix itself.

Not until he's done with it, anyway.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ogre in the Playground

Riftside

(I meant to type "letter," but that's totally a mistake he'd make, so let's keep it)

Well. That's a development.
    Alright, I understand. Thanks, I suppose, for the info. I'll do it now, unless you have anything else to say.
    Barring any speeches (or dodging/interference), he'll press his claws together and do another ground-stamp, causing spikes to shoot up again, in this case impaling her in the suggested vital organ. Lex doesn't know much of human anatomy, but he knows where that is.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-01-17 at 04:38 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Orc in the Playground

Rocket Man

Result: 3.

Wenomir should have very usefully turned purple. From head to foot, his hair, skin and eyes. The shades may differ, and it might not have affected his clothing. It's permanent, but most standard methods of removing magic should work.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Troll in the Playground

[Market Zone]

"Oooh. That's one of those names where your personal name is last, right?" Jamie asks cheerfully. "And it's a pretty name. It's good to meet you, Sayuri." She offers her hand for shaking as well.

===

[Riftside - Lucy]

This time, Lucy is a bit more prepared, and manages not to flinch. Too much.
    Lucky for her, she likes dubstep.

And she hums back a bit of a tune to the bird!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

"Oh. Well, uh, yeah. It's really hard to explain." Ignai looks down and pokes at her stew with her spoon. She really doesn't know how to explain it in a way that wouldn't scare Astrid off. "It's... well, it's sort of a power. I can't control it, though."

[Market Street]

Whoops, forgot to mention that Crustella's pincers are visible too. In fact, they're the most visible part of her body, though they don't look too threatening despite their size. How about a picture to simplify this description business.

Kenyon will discover that the rock he's poking is exactly what it appears. A big ol' rock being lugged around by a very large crab-thing.

"I caught her outside the city on this small beach. It was a pretty tough battle, since it looks like only fire attacks do any sort of real damage to him. That's awesome now that I caught him, though."

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Skyfellow's]

Hikari shrugs. "You said there was someone else? Thomas, was it? Maybe we could find him."

Then she gives him a disapproving glare. "And perhaps you should be trying to help your friend rather than gambling, hmm?"
    Jake glares black at Hikari, all cheeriness gone in a flash. "Look, magical girl, when I got here, I was supposed to be completely alert and awake. Lo and behold, the slider band malfunctioned, I wound up lost in Market Street and I was just as tired as when I left. I'd been wandering the Nexus for seven hours, I think, before I found this place. I think I deserve some time to rest up and just screw around, you know?" His frown straightens into something almost resembling a smile. "Besides, I'm not gambling right now, I'm standing in front of a gambling table two thousand credits richer."
    You've nothing to fear but fear itself.
    And that crazy guy with a chainsaw behind you.
    The Cost to Save the World - My POKEMON fanfiction RECENTLY UPDATED
    Morality is for people who don't have other people trying to kill them every five minutes - Gordon Freeman
    NEXUS CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Riftside - Correl

The sword speaks up when the girl seems too awestruck and frightened to reply, "It's gotta be one of the nebulons Pansuto-kun! Now get in there and chop chop chop!"

The front window of the soda shoppe explodes as a juke-box is hurled through it, crashing into the street among a spray of glass shards.

"Oh no, our rocking tunes are ruined!" Exclaims someone from inside.
    Riftside - Correl

Erk, better to just get this over with. That voice cut through his soul like paper. >.< He wasn't sure how long he could hold on to something that kept talking to him like that.

Striding into the shoppe (shop? What was this madness?) he looks around for the so called Pansuto-kun beings that sounded more like a kind of cheese then something he would fight. What was wrong with simple names like trolls or goblins?

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Market Zone]

"Oooh. That's one of those names where your personal name is last, right?" Jamie asks cheerfully. "And it's a pretty name. It's good to meet you, Sayuri." She offers her hand for shaking as well.
    [Market Zone]

"Indeed it is one of those." Sayuri releases Char's hand after shaking and takes Jamie's, returning the smile. "And you're name is quite wonderful as well. It's long, but has a certain flow to it."

Quote Originally Posted by antonm1107 View Post
    Jake glares black at Hikari, all cheeriness gone in a flash. "Look, magical girl, when I got here, I was supposed to be completely alert and awake. Lo and behold, the slider band malfunctioned, I wound up lost in Market Street and I was just as tired as when I left. I'd been wandering the Nexus for seven hours, I think, before I found this place. I think I deserve some time to rest up and just screw around, you know?" His frown straightens into something almost resembling a smile. "Besides, I'm not gambling right now, I'm standing in front of a gambling table two thousand credits richer."
    Skyfellow's

"I don't think that 'rest up' and 'screw around' are very compatible. Anyway, our habits aren't important right now. What we need to do is get Sam's memory back." Hikari retorts, with a roll of the eyes.

"But at least something good came out of it..."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

13. - Top - End - #1393

[Market Street]

"The battle would have been simpler if you had allowed me to fight, Master Becca," comments a voice from behind the girl. Should Kenyon take a couple steps to the side he'll probably notice the other creature riding on the crab-rock-thing along with the girl.

He looks like...

A cross between a cat, a fox, and a rabbit maybe? Long ears. Cattish face. Poofy fox tail. All brown and lighter brown. He speaks with an odd accent, though it is a bit difficult to place.

"But then none of the others would improve. I suppose it would be unwise to bet the whole of your strategy on me."

Looks like an Eevee. Everyone knows what Eevee looks like, right?

14. - Top - End - #1394

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Riftside - On the Keep]

Harnel will quickly pull his hand back when he realizes that. Definitely not safe. Still though... this is the keep, isn't it? If there's one thing that might be able to interact properly with the rift, it's Conflict. Concepts tend to work better at interacting with the immaterial than material objects did.

Harnel will descend into the keep from the trap door on the eyrie, and go into the master bedroom, where he left conflict against the wall.
    Riftside - On the Keep

It is the Keep, yes, but not the one he remembers. Some of the furniture is different such as the bed, and instead of Conflict resting against the wall a squealing hammster sits there, one he probably wishes he didn't recognize.

Speaking of the bed, although it is an opulent king sized four poster, it's only made up with one pile of pillows, presumably because only one person sleeps there.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Riftside - Charity

Onwards Charity goes, trying to reach the source of all colours. She realizes she'll go faster if...

... she spreads her arms and paints wings for herself - bright and colourful, like butterfly wings on lsd. And then she flies on.
    Riftside - Charity

Charity's wings do give her an edge in the speed department, but she was very close to the edge of the park so it makes very little difference in the end. The park, as it so often has, dissolves away into a familiar scene. Sunny and Carl's home and the surrounding area, looking pristine and picturesque as it's illuminated by the glow of the ball that called her here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Riftside]

Finally!

Though the griffon is a bit leery about that roof holding his weight. Just to be on the safe side he keeps his wings spread and his innate magic active. Being able to drastically reduce one's weight to make it easier to fly can be a very helpful ability to have!

Gerra eyes the dog curiously. "Animated candy? That's certainly an oddity. I wonder what kind of thaumaturgy is driving it."

He gives a morose sigh. "What I wouldn't give for my armor. But I can't very well risk it, now can I? Ah well. Make do with what I have I suppose."

And with that he begins to trace his talons in mid-air, leaving neon blue lines behind. A relatively simple talon-drawn scanning array lacks the precision of the machine-pressed geometries of the spell-matrix in his armor but it is better than nothing at least!

Hopefully the chaos rift doesn't take issue with the mathematics-based magic. The array exploding in a shower of blueberry flan would be quite bothersome.
    Riftside - Gerra

So long as that mathemagic works on euclidean based suppositions it will work perfectly! Mostly because everything from Gerra's perspective has been converted into a flat plane where such maths actually work quite well. This section of reality for as far as the eye can see has been oriented in a 2D top-down perspective, removing the possible curvature of the earth and any vertical movement from the equation.

At least that's what his scan and the fact that his point of view might now be shifted to a point high above his body should be telling him. Nevermind the fact that looking down on himself when there's no depth should be impossible, that's just how these things work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Riftside - Charity

Mr. Ecru only asserts reality for a moment to free himself, and then continues on toward the source. He doesn't hurry. He has plenty of time. It's not as if this hole is going to fix itself.

Not until he's done with it, anyway.
    Riftside - Ecru

The area isn't done with him yet. That giggling that's been constantly in his ears takes the form of a bright green face manifesting between his eyes where a normal person's blind spot would be, barely the size of a small coin.

"Lost, are you? Are you lost? A lost one? Because you're going the wrong way." Says a tiny, stringy voice. And it would be right, because as it says this the road is rotating under his feet and making his course point out towards the safe edge of the town and the ball of hard black substance he just escaped.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Riftside

(I meant to type "letter," but that's totally a mistake he'd make, so let's keep it)

Well. That's a development.
    Alright, I understand. Thanks, I suppose, for the info. I'll do it now, unless you have anything else to say.
    Barring any speeches (or dodging/interference), he'll press his claws together and do another ground-stamp, causing spikes to shoot up again, in this case impaling her in the suggested vital organ. Lex doesn't know much of human anatomy, but he knows where that is.
    Riftside - Lex

The spikes that shoot up, unless they're actually made of bone, will propel the woman skyward instead of piercing her torso. She lands sprawled out in a heap of limbs a few feet away, farther away from the sphere than she was before.

"No, damn it... has to be something from a beast. Bone, skull, tooth, not meat. Only thing that can do it..." She's breathing hard but otherwise unharmed by being flung, and her arms and legs are twitching now.

If they are bone spikes somehow, then she doesn't actually say this and just dies instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Riftside- Fool's Gold

"It was no trouble. It just got in the way and got caught on things. Antlers don't have anything to do with ants, or lers for that anti-matter. We will graciously accept your offer of a ride, Mr. Elk. Ever been to Ireland? I haven't. They mine green gemstones there." The dwarf won't resist being picked up and carried.
    Riftside - Fool's Gold

"No, I have not been to Ireland. Is it anything like Fireland? I despise it there, and so does my fur." The mooseman grumbles as he walks down the street unconcerned with the changing ground beneath his hooves and the ramblings of his passenger. The pair go unmolested to the edge of the park from here on, where it dissolves into a lake of lava surrounded by various fire-immune creatures lounging and getting a tan. As with the other scenes, none of the other people exploring the Rift are visible in this one, and the ball of light causing all this hangs over it all unnoticed by the relaxing denizens.

"Aghast, Fireland, it had to be Fireland."

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Riftside - Lucy]

This time, Lucy is a bit more prepared, and manages not to flinch. Too much.
    Lucky for her, she likes dubstep.

And she hums back a bit of a tune to the bird!
    Riftside - Lucy

The bird, noting the lack of fleeing in terror, switches immediately to banjo and accordion meddleys that are somehow even louder than the previous two ear-blasters. You're in its territory Lucy, and it means to drive you off by any means necessary.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Sinkhole]

Sigil continues his work on an injured child. By this time that nasty wet sound sound that had marked her breathing has eased and she seems to be sleeping peacefully. There. That's one saved.

On to another. This one an older gentlemen who... well... suffice to say he isn't in very good shape. Sigil lights up his horn as he begins channeling the winds of the Silver Forest and wounds begin to slowly knit shut as damaged tissue is healed and grime is cleaned away.

"So she hasn't ever acted like this before? Nothing even close?" Sigil replies warily. "It couldn't be all the stress she's under? I mean... things HAVE been fairly trying for you all since you came here. And those disgusting scavengers DID hurt her before. It wasn't a minor injury, either. She has as much cause as anyone to be upset with them."

MEANWHILE!

The rock crashes into the onion, splitting it open and knocking it over! As it totters hundreds if not thousands of little green unripe seeds come spilling out onto the ground. The nasty little creatures are now a seething mass around their broken hive as they scramble to pick up the vulnerable seeds and whisk them away to safety.

At this point most of the reds have been crushed by the earlier barrage of stones. What remains of the swarm is exceptionally flammable.

[Sparkle Stalking]

Pinkie gets bit!

Raven recoils and sputters in surprise!

Why does her mouth taste like cotton candy all of a sudden?

The venom was meant to disrupt pony magic and violently attack star magic. It was also specifically tailored for Twilight, so it would have a reduced effect on any other magical talking horse. Still probably wouldn't feel very nice.

Anywho!

Raven balks. And Maggy and Luna arrive! Possibly someone else here to subdue the purple pony? That means Raven can keep an eye on the situation (she has plenty to spare!) since another attack would likely be futile as well. The chimera begins to organize what she knows of this 'Pinkie' in her mind.

1) Was able to follow her along the path between moments.

2) Was able to see and speak with her despite her best efforts to slip through the threads of reality without detection.

3) Was able to intercept one of her attacks from perpendicular to reality with no apparent ill effect.

Raven just adds two and two and two and comes up with, "You are not the same sort of creature as your acquaintances. If anything you have more in common with my siblings and myself. What are you?"

The chimera gives her wings a flick before neatly folding them across her back at Pinkie's last statement. "I have no friends."

Wow. She really IS a grumpy-butt. No wonder she doesn't have any friends with an attitude like that.

[Sinkhole]

Her enemies scattered before her like little more than dust?
    Flammable, burnable dust?

Oh yes, Fluttershy like...

Whorls of flame coalesce around her forehooves, failing to singe or burn any part of the pony, yet clearly emitting great waves of uncomfortable heat.
    She just seems to find it vaguely exhilarating, in-between glaring visible death down at the scattering Pikmin below.

Pretty much everything she shouldn't be capable of doing.

Their moments are numbered, the little plant abominations...
    At least, up until an unusually sharp "Fluttershy!" snaps through the air like a verbal whip.
    Sudden enough to get the pegasus to blink and turn her head around.

"Heavens know what's gotten into you, but stop this at once. Applejack is starting to wake up and she doesn't need to see such...grotesque imagery so soon after her injury!"

Sure enough, the farm-pony does seem to be waking up further, emitting a quiet little "mah head..." as she shifts next to Rarity.
    This does seem to give the newly inflamed pegasus pause, long enough to turn away from the Pikmin and let her fires die.

"Wha...what hit me? Ah buck the wrong tree again?"
    Rarity sets her friend's hat off to the side and offers a reassuring little smile.
    "Not at all, darling. Just a little...accident."

[Astride Recognized Reality - With Raven]

"Of course I'm not the same as my friends, silly. Then I'd be yellow! Or orange! Or purple, lightish bluey, or pretty white, or brown, or gray, or any of my other friends' colors! And that'd be no fun at all!
    Nope, I'm definitely 100% Pinkie Pie, pink, happy, and proud!"

The party pony poses, in a completely and utterly unnecessary manner.
    Either she has completely missed what Raven meant (possible) or has very inanely dodged the question with feigned ignorance (also possible).

It also serves as a sufficient distraction from the fact that she's rubbing the spot where she got bitten, wearing a faintly wounded-puppy look on her face.
    "Owwie..."

And then Raven says something utterly terrible and probably at least somewhat unwise.
    No friends?! None? Oh my gosh, that's awful! Terrible! How could anypony have let that happen for so long! Hold on just a sec, I'll find my party cannon and we can fix this up right nowsies."

The chimera has four seconds to prepare herself.

In that time period, a pair of boxer shorts appear from quite possibly nowhere, aimed to settle around the vicinity of her head-area.
    May or may not be wielded by someone she's familiar with.
    "Siiiiiis, are you telling fibs again?"

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [An Alley- Lots of People]

"Ill? With what?" Yuki questions with a tilted head. He steps out of his pseudo-combat stance, and puts away his scalpel.

He gives the violet-haired woman a curious look. "So... why do you happen to be backing away...?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Alley full of People]

The flying unicorn pegasus pony thing is ignored.

The creation's companions, if Black were to go so far as to call them that, are ignored. They can all do whatever the hell they want for all it cares, it has no concern for them.

They were, for a while, potentially of use in the sewers. When things went pear-shaped, leaving them there could possibly have created a trail leading back to Black, and that in turn could potentially lead to Affidavit being blamed for the giant hole created by Kirlia's blast.

And that is unacceptable.

All Black sees right now is a certain cyborg that Affidavit hates. A cyborg who has just opened fire, with a non-lethal weapon sure, but he's still attempting to incapacitate them. A cyborg who can likely see through Black's stealth systems, and has probably assumed that the group behind Black are assisting it.

And worst of all, this cyborg is probably capable of calling on those who protect Inside and blaming it all on the creation, because for some reason people still listen to him.

"MAGTOK!" Black roars as it launches itself in the air, aiming to tackle Magtok and send them both tumbling to the ground. "Why are you here? Affidavit wants nothing to do with you, and has left the Nexus in peace for a long time. Why do you persist, even now, in trying to make an enemy of yourself to my kind?"

Yeah. Shame that Black doesn't know about all the pony stuff, otherwise this misunderstanding might not have occurred.

Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Magtok doesn't see the creation coming at all. It'd be a lie to say he wasn't aware it was in the general area, but he'd been hoping it'd continue hiding wherever the hell it was hiding, or just get shot by his cannon and stay out of his darned way.

"So it's my fault you've teamed up with a walking apocalypse now?"

He tries to jab his left hand into the thing, and fire off his emergency finger bullet into Black's abdomen. It's not a very large bullet, and it's unlikely to go very far, but it should hopefully distract the creation long enough for Magtok to bring a better weapon into the fray.

[Alley With Many Peoples]

Whoop, we already got a fight over there.
    Magtok and the creation seem rather keen to keep each other busy, which just leaves Luna with Yuki and her other companion.

Not entirely ideal.

Mostly since the princess can feel the familiar flow of magic beginning to trickle back into her horn, which means...

The woman flicks one of her fingers, a hazy, struggling rune carving into the air.
    "Disjunction's effects are beginning to fade. Wonder if a more permanent version could be devised...will add to the list. Plenty of applications."
    Her gaze snaps over to Yuki and she smiles.
    "I am ill with difference, as she percieves it. I see the flaws in the system and intend to correct them. I am backing away because this is not the correct sequence this event was supposed to take.
    Does that suffice?"

The princess, now passed the (presently irrelevent) Black creation blockade, lands a short distance away from Yuki.
    "As my sister's pupil, I am obliged to give you one final opportunity to end this peacefully. Otherwise I will perform my royal duty.
    I would also ask that you vacate the area, as a civilian. This is not your quarrel."

She directs her final statement to Yuki, as a matter of both courtesy and warning.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2013-01-17 at 07:26 PM.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riftside - Ecru

"I am never lost."

He turns around to head toward the center of the area, that core area.

"I am merely on my way to a different place. Trying to stop me is pointless. Chaos has never stopped me. Chaos never will stop me."

He walks, ignoring the thing. "Chaos is a tool, to be used. It is more difficult to master than many, but at it's core it is nothing more than untapped usefulness."

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Zone]

Char rolls her eyes at the lack of mention of her name. "So, what brings you two here?" She says while attempting to rest her arm on Jaimie.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Orc in the Playground

Riftside

A fair portion of the journey is spent with Iron Pyrite arguing with himself over whether he is or isn't scared of heights. It ends with both sides agreeing that pineapples don't look like apples and don't taste like pines. But when they arrive, Iron has one important thing to say. "Ooh, shiny sparky flamy stuff. Would you like to stay here? I'm not talking to you, Lilac. What, you're purple now? Fine." The question is directed at the minomoose, but it is a bit hard to tell with Iron Pyrite. Sometimes the fool does spout gold, but mostly it's worthless dross.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Troll in the Playground

[Market Zone]

"Thanks." Jamie blushes a bit. "Mom named me after some people she cared about a lot," the redhead explains with a smile. "As for why I'm here, I'm shopping. Need to get the freshest stuff, you can only get the packaged stuff at Mallside..."

[Riftside - Lucy]

If this was Andy, she'd Summon Instrument: Bagpipes and be done with it.

Lucy, on the other hand, winces, rolls her eyes, draws a katana and, with gritted teeth, advances on the avian boombox with murderous intent!
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-01-17 at 07:15 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftside - the Keep]

... Creepy. Harnel will search the room before anything else, checking the closet, under the bed, the washroom, every guest room, for conflict. If it's not there, he's peek into rooms quickly on the way down to the ground floor, proceeding until he finds it. If it's not there, he'll check the armory.

If Conflict still isn't there, he'll grudgingly accept that the Hamster Hammer is his only hope.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

21. - Top - End - #1401

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Tavern Room #3]

"I can find it, don't get me wrong. It just isn't in the list of drugs I really recommend. In my experience it's effects are way to dark and not pleasant for my taste. What kind of get together are you looking to throw."

Cody looks at Lou with a mix of disbelief and concern. He wonders if this kid was sent here on some sort of dare.
    [Tavern Room #3]

"A few friends. This and that," Louis says, convincingly unconvincing. "What? Is there something I might not have heard?"

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Obligatory Sewer Level

((Sorry 'bout this taking so long, I'm running on fumes for inspiration.))

"South then." Keeping his eyes aimed up at the crumbling brick ceiling and not on any... things that might be underfoot, Mel starts down the tunnel, clumsily stumbling along on his hand legs rather than get any closer to the 'water'. "Why do you even have this? We don't need to put all of it in one river, why should you? Filthy. Unclean!"

Behind the duo, the sewers echo with footsteps on metal, then shallow splashes as the guards descend the ladder, grunting with disgust. Small comfort, but at least their pursuer's are suffering equally.
    Obligatory Sewer Level

"Because we can't just go wherever and leave it floating around." He says trudging through the muck. "Also, still your idea. I hope that's not getting boring. I intend to repeat it whenever you get snippy about being down here."

He also has no intent to fight the guards. He doesn't kill for free. Ever. They should be able to keep ahead of them for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Secret Base
    Before going in, Songdancer grabs some rocks with her telekinesis.
    Songdancer looks around the room.
    "Very nice!"
    He smiles.
    "Tell me, do you like cupcakes?"
    "Of course! Who doesn't love cupcakes?" Eve says excitedly. Real pony made cupcakes! This is the coolest day!

Joker peeks over the couch decides to add something to the conversation. "If the pony is making food I want some."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ogre in the Playground

Riftside

You've got to be kidding. Why do these things always have stupid requirements? Fine.
    He reaches down, mutters a few words, and snaps off one of the talons of his left foot. He barely flinches, despite the pain it probably caused.
    This is a talon from a seven foot tall reptile that has not gone on a murderous rampage by now only by willpower. If that doesn't count, by The Powers That Be, I will find the entity responsible and tear its face off.
    And with that, he takes the large hunk of bone and flicks it like a throwing knife. The missile will fly accurately toward its target, although it can't change course if it moves.
    Lex probably could have just stabbed with his hand, but he has enough of a hatred of melee combat that he'd still avoid it. Plus the idea of touching the blood of someone who's telling him about being consumed by a spatial rift thingy isn't helping.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

23. - Top - End - #1403

[Riftside - the Keep]

"Why are you a lady again mister Therishein? I thought you were supposed to stop being that after that last time." Harnel can suddenly hear a voice call out after him as he's looking through one of the rooms. If he turns around he will see a little girl with dirty-blond hair stand there in the door-way dressed up in a pink pajamas with a teddy-bear closely pressed against her chest. He might find her features somewhat familiar.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-17 at 07:31 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Halfling in the Playground

[Alley with Many Peoples]

Bang.

Or, well, whatever noise Magtok's finger bullet makes. Yeah, it hits Black. Doesn't do much, because it's only small ordnance, and the coloured creations in particular are quite tough. At this short range it does do something though.

Just...not enough to distract Black. Not that it would let itself be distracted even if Magtok had done something more...substantial.

The creation simply tries to punch the cyborg in the face a couple of times. Hard. And when they hit the ground it'll follow up by attempting to slam Maggy's head into the ground.

...assuming they are falling that is. If they're not, or Magtok's slowing the descent or something, go ahead and ignore that last part.

Anyway, after that little attempt to mess up Magtok's face, Black actually starts paying attention. "I haven't teamed up with any of them. I merely rescued them from the sewers before any secondary collapses could occur. I assumed you were here to try and put the blame on Affidavit for the destruction caused. If that is not your reason for being here, then explain yourself."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftside - The Keep]

This isn't his keep. This isn't his home. It's a version of him, certainly, but it's not his. Best to break it easy.

"I'm not the Harnel you know, kiddo. I'm a clone, and I'm trying to fix me being a woman. Can you help with that? I'm looking for a sword with a red blade."

If she looks like Libra... Well, don't make assumptions. Not yet.

26. - Top - End - #1406

[Riftside - The Keep]

The little girl raises an eyebrow and then start to giggle. "Are you an evil clone? Because I don't think I'm supposed to help those. Especially not if they're trying to steal mister Therishein's stuff." She seem rather amused at this situation.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-17 at 07:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftside - The Keep]

Harnel jiggles his incredibly oversize breasts, "Does evil ever look this silly? Besides, I'm not stealing. I'm just borrowing so i can get myself back to normal."
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-01-17 at 07:42 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1408

[Riftside - The Keep]

This just seem to make the girl even more amused, she giggles again, almost causing her to fall backwards. "You look very funny mister clone. You could probably feed all the children at the orphanage with those things. Maybe if you do that, I'll turn you back?" She grins at the half-dragon in a way that very much will remind him of Libra.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftside - The Keep]

"That's not a good idea, kiddo," He says, "see, these things corrupt people, turning them into incredibly large breasted women, like someone else did to me. If it gets too far, it gets rid of the person's mind, and I can't let that happen, or I'll never be able to get back to normal. If I make a promise for after you help me, will you help me?"

30. - Top - End - #1410

[Riftside]

Well this is really jarring! Quite a few thoughts pass through the griffon's head. Like... how is he supposed to eat now? Would eating just be an abstraction? Quite a few things would have to be an abstraction in a two dimensional existence. And how is seeing himself from above?

The griffon attempts to alter his perspective and finds that it is locked in this awkward view above himself.

"Alright... two dimensions... that probably means flight is out of the question. And any differences in height are purely illusionary tricks of perspective."

First of all... can he jump 'down' off the roof to the ground? He'll start with that experiment. Hopefully the dog doesn't find it too threatening.

[The Sinkhole]

Fluttershy spares the pikmin hive! The horrible little creatures will quickly collect as many seeds as they can manage before skittering down into crevices to hid. Too bad for them pikmin seeds can't be planted in shattered concrete. They'll have to travel some distance to begin anew.

A pity, really. The world would have been a better place without the awful little creatures. Now someone else will probably have to suffer due to their continued existence. If anyone else happens to be equipped with a flame-thrower now would be a great time to use it.

Sigil, meanwhile, has moved on to the next injured civilian. A middle aged woman who actually looks okay! Though closer inspection would reveal extensive internal damage. "Please... it hurts..."

"Don't worry. I'll have you fixed up in no time," the unipony says as he readies himself to channel the magic of the Silver Forest once again.

"I don't... I don't want to..." then a long sigh and the woman goes still, her glazed eyes staring off into eternity.

Sigil's body trembles slightly as he gently closes her eyes with a hoof. "Can't save everyone. Can at least save someone..." he begins to mutter over and over again as he moves on to the next victim.

[A Jaunt Sideways in Time]

Raven has acquired head-pants!

...is that a smile tugging at the edge of her mouth? Raven can't stay grumpy and serious around Viera for very long. It is ALWAYS just a matter of time before she caves in and drops the spooky mysterious vibe and just starts acting like a kid.

"I have told no lie. You are my sister and personal nuisance."

Then a frown is directed toward the scene in the ally. "We don't have time for this. Once the purple one's magic returns to her this situation will become desperately more difficult to resolve. You are killing your friend with this frivolity."

And with that Raven flicks an obsidian feather off her wing and into three dimensional space. It'll detonate and spread a thick black miasma of choking particles in the ally. Really rather simple poison this time around. Fairly generic stuff meant to knock mammals out.