New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1534
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 49

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Riftside - The Entity

Meanwhile, back with a being that seems to require no effort to put things back to right, the Entity's querying shimmer may find itself an answer. The hemisphere of normalcy surrounding them begins to shrink in all but one dimension, extending a line towards the center of this mass of possibility barely a micrometer thick. This small tube of imposed reality pierces through things that were once changed on its way to its destination, bits of fluff and nothing turning into cross-sections of organic matter that quickly die off and fall out of the line's path.

If they stay here eventually the bubble will have shrunk to the point where it can no longer contain them, and who knows what could happen. If they move on, perhaps they will come to find whatever gold lies at the end of this rainbow.
    Both prospects held equal levels of allure to the Entity as both were unknowns that were yet to be discovered. At the very least, it was apparently unconcerned with the contracting sphere although the thought that some kind of apparent guidance was potentially in play here was just enough of a weight on the scales of mental decision to be chosen over simply staying in place. Though it could be only a chance happening with no will, the possibility existed that, if there was, more information could be obtained from such a source than independent examination.

So, remaining 'silent' for the time being, the archetype began to flow forwards though that might be considered a borderline abuse of the word to describe it's motion. Though inelegant, it would likely be better stated that it was like 'watching a sideways waterfall fall from the earth in a deranged imitation of a stride as viewed through the medium of a stop-motion film.'

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Lab==>Hospital

At first, Cessie will feel very sick, but that will probably pass after a moment or two leaving her at "I definitely don't feel well, but it doesn't really mess me up." You know, nothing that could keep you home from work.

The samples won't resist being preserved, and nothing more will attack Cessie. She will later find that the rose is of the species Rosa rugosa, but was obviously highly magically modified because that species of rose gets no where near that big and naturally grows on bushes. Also, they don't bloom in the winter, especially given how cold it is.

By the time Cessie is done with the sketching and preserving, she'll probably only feel a little off. Nothing will stop her from going to the hospital.
    Lab==>Hospital

Once she put away everything, the sorceress will go to the hospital, going to the same one that her children were born in (which is the one she called). Hopefully they will be able to tell if anything has happened to her. Being knocked out cold by a plant seemed kind of serious to her.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

Cessie will be accepted into the hospital and first of all be bombarded by questions. What happenned? Do you feel odd? Do you ache? What, exactly, was the smell like? And on and on...

In addition, one of the rocket fairies takes interest in Cessie, and begins to follow her around. It seems interested in her belly, mostly. Not a good sign; the rocket fairies don't usually follow normal humans unless they aren't entirely normal. On the other hand, there is only one of them. That means that whatever the issue is isn't a big issue.

Most likely.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

"Your welcome. Don't worry about the table." The table has a fairly decent sized burn mark in it, but it still stands on four legs and works as a table. Astrid takes the orb back gently holding it in her hand, though she is tempted to let Ignai keep holding it.

"I'm sorry I upset you. I thought you might like to talk about it. Being by yourself with a power like this, that you can't control, it's scary."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #1445

Lots of Hope Hospital

Cessie will be accepted into the hospital and first of all be bombarded by questions. What happenned? Do you feel odd? Do you ache? What, exactly, was the smell like? And on and on...

In addition, one of the rocket fairies takes interest in Cessie, and begins to follow her around. It seems interested in her belly, mostly. Not a good sign; the rocket fairies don't usually follow normal humans unless they aren't entirely normal. On the other hand, there is only one of them. That means that whatever the issue is isn't a big issue.

Most likely.
    Lots of Hope Hospital

Well, Cessie might not be an entirely normal human considering she can summon fire and other elements at will. In any case, she will explain exactly what happened and tell them it was a form of enchanted rose that did this. She will also ask if there is any way for them to check if there really is any issue. She doesn't know a lot of rocket fairies however so for all she knows it might think it's odd why her belly is much smaller then last time she was here.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

Ignai wipes her cheeks and nods. "It is. I just don't know what to do. I've been..." She swallows hard, and changes what she was going to say. "I've just been trying to get by as best I can."

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

Astrid gets up and retrives a small hankerchief from a drawer to hand to Ignai.

"Ignai do you have a place to stay?"

Astrid sort of doubts it at this point and feels terrible. She has been without places to stay, but never in a city like this. She figures it would be terrifying living here with no stability of any sort.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

Ignai accepts the handkerchief and wipes her eyes. "No, I don't. Not for a couple months. I've just been staying at shelters when I can and finding soup kitchens."

9. - Top - End - #1449

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Riftside - Correl

Erk, better to just get this over with. That voice cut through his soul like paper. >.< He wasn't sure how long he could hold on to something that kept talking to him like that.

Striding into the shoppe (shop? What was this madness?) he looks around for the so called Pansuto-kun beings that sounded more like a kind of cheese then something he would fight. What was wrong with simple names like trolls or goblins?
    Riftside - Correl

Well technically the evil things are called nebulons, and he's being called Pansuto-kun, but let's not bother telling him that. There are much more pressing matters to attend to. The stereotypical 90's surfer teen who was complaining about the lost tunes points through the broken window as Correl starts to walk inside, shouting "Look out Rainbow Dude!"

If he turns around he'll see the jukebox falling apart, its pieces grinding together and forming crude limbs and a torso with a smiling vinyl mouth.

"Your luck's been washed away Rainbow Warrior. Now it's my turn to Wipe you Out!" A song begins to play from the metal monster's innards as it cackles and launches a series of razor sharp discs at Correl.

The surfer kid starts grooving to the jams, "Rock on dudes!"

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Riftside

A fair portion of the journey is spent with Iron Pyrite arguing with himself over whether he is or isn't scared of heights. It ends with both sides agreeing that pineapples don't look like apples and don't taste like pines. But when they arrive, Iron has one important thing to say. "Ooh, shiny sparky flamy stuff. Would you like to stay here? I'm not talking to you, Lilac. What, you're purple now? Fine." The question is directed at the minomoose, but it is a bit hard to tell with Iron Pyrite. Sometimes the fool does spout gold, but mostly it's worthless dross.
    Riftside - Fool's Gold

"I would not, actually. I'd rather take my chances with the invisible hounds than spend time roasting. I think I'll let you off here and go wander somewhere else, now that our debt is settled. Goodbye little crazy one." The minomoose bends at the waist, keeping his head parallel to the ground so Iron Pyrite doesn't go tumbling off but can jump down on his own fairly easily. One of the Fireland residents, a shapely orange-skinned woman sitting in a deep pool of lava, seems to be gesturing in their direction, inviting one or both of them closer.

Riftside - Ecru

"I am never lost."

He turns around to head toward the center of the area, that core area.

"I am merely on my way to a different place. Trying to stop me is pointless. Chaos has never stopped me. Chaos never will stop me."

He walks, ignoring the thing. "Chaos is a tool, to be used. It is more difficult to master than many, but at it's core it is nothing more than untapped usefulness."
    Riftside - Ecru

"You are lost silly man. This isn't just chaos, it's chaos and order and non-chaos and un-order. You're trying to force everything into boxes when it's clearly meant for balls, and that's why it's toying with you and it let the lady pass." The green face says as the world around him continues to rotate to keep him from facing the sphere as fast as he's trying to get back on track.

"But it would be boring if you kept doing nothing but fight, so I'm here to help!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Riftside - Lucy]

If this was Andy, she'd Summon Instrument: Bagpipes and be done with it.

Lucy, on the other hand, winces, rolls her eyes, draws a katana and, with gritted teeth, advances on the avian boombox with murderous intent!
    Riftside - Lucy

Did somebody say bagpipes? Their discordant vibrations are added to the mix, as well as a clashing gong and cymbals falling off of mountaintops. The resulting cacophony isn't at all recognizable as music, it's simply massive amounts of noise that is rattling the pebbles and cracking most of the windows in the buildings on either side of the street. If she goes too close Lucy could find herself with a blown eardrum, so she might want to either end this fast or back off.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Riftside

You've got to be kidding. Why do these things always have stupid requirements? Fine.
    He reaches down, mutters a few words, and snaps off one of the talons of his left foot. He barely flinches, despite the pain it probably caused.
    This is a talon from a seven foot tall reptile that has not gone on a murderous rampage by now only by willpower. If that doesn't count, by The Powers That Be, I will find the entity responsible and tear its face off.
    And with that, he takes the large hunk of bone and flicks it like a throwing knife. The missile will fly accurately toward its target, although it can't change course if it moves.
    Lex probably could have just stabbed with his hand, but he has enough of a hatred of melee combat that he'd still avoid it. Plus the idea of touching the blood of someone who's telling him about being consumed by a spatial rift thingy isn't helping.
    Riftside - Lex

The talon does its job handily, silencing the woman in the middle of her uttering a final thanks. As soon as her heart is pierced she is set upon by what looks like a mass of competing invisible snouts, sharp teeth ripping all the flesh from her bones in a matter of seconds before devouring the skeleton as well.

The hounds have claimed that one, and Lex's second obstacle has been dealt with. Now there's only the park left to brave, and the massive glowing sphere at its center.

And an indignant marmoset that was his gauntlet sitting in a cage of stone on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Riftside - Charity

Charity looks down at her sister's house, but she remembers that her sister is uncomfortable about nudity, and it would be so tiresome to put clothes on. She'll visit Sunny and her family later.

She needs to reach the ball
    Riftside - Charity

And the ball wants her there. This close to it, just looking at it reveals its intent. Keeping all others from it is a cage of every force imaginable, from the possible to the imaginary all entwined in a net of cooperative strands that lace over and under each other all at once. She can see Needs' attempt and Harnel's, and the way they both failed to do what was necessary to get through. Because it was meant for her. Though her physical and mental artistry would never match the power she saw when entering the rift zone, the two could come together and be more than the sum of their parts. The rift's access to all of the possible versions of the Nexus, past and future; coupled with Charity's unbridled imagination to direct those forces as she desired.

A thin tube of reality, no thicker than a hair, snakes into her field of view from the edge of the riftzone. It reaches out and touches the edge of the protective weave around the rift, causing it to dissolve away. The hair begins pumping more nullifying energy from somewhere distant as its source nears, spreading the hole wider and wider. It's a slow process, but in time it may be enough to allow her a way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Riftside - Within the Glow

"Rift shielded. Objectives updated: find alternate route/key."

Hey! We can't have that! Specks usually have just as much of a right to live as stiltwalkers! That definitely doesn't look very sporting, either! Needs dives down to intercept, intent on planting his ichthyanthrope hide boots on top of the predator, to better understand who/what this speck is, and whether he ought to be saving it. He seems to be doing an awful lot of asking questions before shooting, doesn't he? No true Magtok would ever dare hold back like that, Needs!
    Riftside - Within the Glow

The stiltwalker, as he gets closer to it, seems a lot bigger than it was from a distance. Of course, since it's outside the threshold of the park moving past that point causes him to snap back to the psychedelic dreamland that is the Inside that's outside the park rather than get close enough to land on it, but just before he does he manages to see it turn to look directly at him and fire one of its weapons in his direction. Thankfully the projectile passes through another plane of existence and is extremely unlikely to harm him.

So now the park and its sphere are behind him and he's no closer to learning what that speck was. If he bothered to extend his non-physical senses he might realize what Charity already has about the sphere losing some of its forcefield because of the approaching Entity, but otherwise he'll be no closer to solving this puzzle unless he does something.

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    Both prospects held equal levels of allure to the Entity as both were unknowns that were yet to be discovered. At the very least, it was apparently unconcerned with the contracting sphere although the thought that some kind of apparent guidance was potentially in play here was just enough of a weight on the scales of mental decision to be chosen over simply staying in place. Though it could be only a chance happening with no will, the possibility existed that, if there was, more information could be obtained from such a source than independent examination.

So, remaining 'silent' for the time being, the archetype began to flow forwards though that might be considered a borderline abuse of the word to describe it's motion. Though inelegant, it would likely be better stated that it was like 'watching a sideways waterfall fall from the earth in a deranged imitation of a stride as viewed through the medium of a stop-motion film.'
    Riftside - Entity

Curious and friendly faces peak out of the windows as the Entity passes by, each elated but apprehensive as they stare at the field of normalcy surrounding them. Each face is the size and shape of a coin, and each is a different shade of green. A few move closer, the bravest moving up to almost skim across the edge of the field, but never quite touching it.

"Hello, goodbye, how are you? Goodbye!" They begin saying pleasantly as more and more of them get past their apprehension and float out to begin surrounding them just outside the reach of the sphere.

They're getting closer to the park now, and apart from these cheerful little things nothing seems to be obstructing them from reaching it by the next post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Riftside]

Well this is really jarring! Quite a few thoughts pass through the griffon's head. Like... how is he supposed to eat now? Would eating just be an abstraction? Quite a few things would have to be an abstraction in a two dimensional existence. And how is seeing himself from above?

The griffon attempts to alter his perspective and finds that it is locked in this awkward view above himself.

"Alright... two dimensions... that probably means flight is out of the question. And any differences in height are purely illusionary tricks of perspective."

First of all... can he jump 'down' off the roof to the ground? He'll start with that experiment. Hopefully the dog doesn't find it too threatening.
    Riftside - Gerra

He can jump down! Doesn't even take a half-heart of damage from doing so either. If he tried to get back "up" though he'd find that it's quite impassable even with his wings.

The dog yipes and attacks! It tries to bite Gerra on the wing for being in its yard, but it's only a little thing and it probably won't do much damage.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

"Do you want to stay here for awhile? You could sleep on my futon. I figure that would be better then hunting down shelters."

Astrid figures that Ignai could use a place to stay, and knows if the situation was reveresed she would appreciate any help.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

Riftside

Lex presses his clawed hands together again, and bows his head slightly.May your soul find its Requiem.
    He turns back to the makeshift stone cage. He gets as low as he can, considering he can't really sit. He had remembered a few minutes ago that his repertoire, without his guns and the spells in his Gauntlet, is very limited, and his element-bending tricks aren't efficient energy-wise. He pokes lightly at the bars, and says in his best Universal Truespeak,
    Alright, buddy. Here's the deal. I'm going in there, with or without you. I will, however, have a much higher chance of getting out if I have what you've got in that currently organic hardrive of yours. And since sitting here doing nothing is boring and likely to cause either of us to end up as anything from a cow to a flying toaster, coming with me is probably your best option. What say you?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

Riftside - Charity

Charity takes the paintbrush from behind her ear, drags it through a puddle of paint in the crease of her elbow, and tries to place the tip inside the hole the reality tendril is creating. The paint is the colour from the fourth petal to fall from the flowers Edijar brought her on Sunday, and the paintbrush is the one her grandfather gave her on her twelfth birthday. The wood is indented with tooth marks, but the bristles, though old, have been carefully tended to, and are still good.

She isn't painting anything in particular, though she thinks that colour works there perfectly. She simply wants to make a connection. If the rift can touch the paint, it will touch her.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #1453

[Riftside - Entity]

With half of the semi-starlike gleams upon the 'face' of the being migrating down along their limbs to 'focus,' or at least provide the illusion of focus, on the coin-shaped things that danced about. An orbiting mercurial droplet departed from it's inward journey and descended to where it was of roughly even height with the chittering things where it would make an attempt to breech the field if doing so did not provide so much resistance that such a rupture would cause any lasting damage. While the containment was an oddity, it could very well be keeping the interactions between this sliver of existence and that outside from damaging each other. However, if it was potentially permissible should moving through the field result to be either apparently substantially difficult or simply a bad idea, then the globule would then try to just move around it. Given that it existed in other geometries than the simple flat reality it was being viewed in, this was likely to be an avenue for at least a measure of success.

If so or even if not, there would at least be a reply to the initial inquiry. With a faint ripple of Intent, the conveyance of a concept would drift gently about the Entity although a rough approximation could be vocalized as "Well."

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

Some high-tech medical scan and a bit of magical scanning is provided, and the one doctor with an artificial arm provides Cessie with the results.

"I wouldn't want to say it's inconclusive, because there is something odd, but it's hard to say what. There was a slight discrepancy in your magical reading, but it's hard to be sure whether it's notable with your natural magical power. I would recommend paying attention when using magic in the future, to see if there is any changes; anything easier or harder or what have you. Physically you seem to be recovering from a chemical attack on your system, which you are, and we know that, but there is also a small abnormality in your abdomen. The trick is that it's inconclusive; there isn't anything that we can pin down and it's only barely standing out enough to call it an abnormality. In addition, it's actively shrinking: by then end of the day it will be gone. We can hold you for monitoring if you want, but we won't know what to look for outside of anything blatantly wrong. I would recommend you go home and be attentive, watching for oddities in the following weeks."

Riftside - Ecru

"Not so. It is merely that the order is not my interest here. Order is already my tool, I am merely here to claim chaos as another."
    He proceeds to do a backflip back toward the rift, determined to continue despite these tricks.

"As you know if you are truly as knowledgeable as you paint yourself to be, opposed things are strong in opposition and unstoppable in cooperation."

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Market Zone]

"Not really. Char's silly that way. I think her dad was an Evil Overlord or something." Jamie sticks her tongue out at her old friend, then smiles warmly at Sayuri. "I just need to get a few more things and then I could maybe show you around, or we could go out in the woods or something!"
    Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    [Market Zone]

"Oh, like you've never used Necromancy." Char folds her arms. "I'll have you know that I've changed! I'm not the girl who sent her classmate eyeballs anymore! I'm helping an orphan and a priestess-slash-hobo!" By now Char's smile is completely gone. She gets right up in Jaimie's face and says, "And don't. you. talk. about. my. father. that. way." Char looks about ready to throw a punch.

[Market Zone]

"Umm... Char?" Sayuri places a hand hesitantly on her shoulder and gives a faint smile and quirked eyebrow. "Calm... down...? Please? I'm pretty sure she's joking..."

"And at least you had a father..."
    She finishes with a sigh and takes another step between the two.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

16. - Top - End - #1456

[Riftside]

Bleh.

Dog bites.

What an irritating little creature. How would it even be able to hurt Gerra with jaws of jellitin? Ah well. Best not to tempt fate and find out. The griffon aims to swat the animal away with the wide feathery fan on the end of his tail. Hopefully a more or less harmless bopping with convince the vicious (if impotent) animal to leave him be.

Regardless of result Gerra will search for a way out of the yard. The fence is clearly an impassible barrier since going over it simply isn't an option. He'll have to find an opening.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

[Rocket Man]

Wenomir can't help but notice that the amulet completely failed to give him flight and instead turned him purple. So he can't do anything but loudly proclaim he's going to kill Reinholdt dead and then watch Enshadu get knocked out of the sky. He sits down heavily on the sidewalk, leaning on his sword.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Orc in the Playground

Riftside- Fool's Gold

"Very well. Goodbye, Mister Yoghurt. Or are you Mister Hair Cream? Never mind. Goodbye." Iron turns and reaches out to assess how much heat is coming off the lake of magma whilst one spirit tells him (and the others) what heat it is and another spirit tells him (and the others) what heat it should be. He doesn't' seem to notice the fiery lady yet.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #1459

Lots of Hope Hospital

"That there would be an abnormality in my abdomen sounds rather serious I must admit. You haven't had any experience with anything like this before then?" The mage asks, putting her hand on the stomach. The very idea that something was inside her stomach made her feel sick.

Riftside - Correl

What was this horrible sound? Was it trying to kill him through his ears?
    The knight attempts to protect himself from the sharp discs with his armored arm as she quickly strides towards the strange monster, trying to pierce it with Rashadu. Hopefully the sword wasn't going to make any inappropriate comments about that.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

"Depends how you mean "Like this." Sometimes someone eats a scroll to get rid of it, and that's kind of similar to this. Sometimes someone has some slightly supernatural food the human digestive system has some trouble with, which is kind of similar. And sometimes it's just some sort of magical puberty, or a new organ that gives superpwoers. On a slow day, only half of the cases that come in are odd, new things. It isn't that we don't have anything similar, it's that the list of similar things is so broad it isn't useful."

She shrugs. Running a hospital in the nexus? Not easy. Not at all.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Red Zone Apartment]

"Do you want to stay here for awhile? You could sleep on my futon. I figure that would be better then hunting down shelters."

Astrid figures that Ignai could use a place to stay, and knows if the situation was reveresed she would appreciate any help.
    [Red Zone Apartment]

Ignai looks at Astrid like she doesn't believe what she's hearing. "You're really offering to let me stay here? Even after that?" She gestures at the burned table.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Lots of Hope Hospital

"Well, it's obviously connected to the plant I came in contact with. But if you don't know anything about it I suppose I need to research it myself. Still, thanks for all the help. If anything comes up I'll contact you." The sorceress replies.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

"Good luck, and feel free to contact us again." And with that Cessie will be free to go, given a card with the non-emergency number for non-emergency purposes.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Lots of Hope Hospital==>Library

"Thank you." Cessie replies with a nod, accepting the card before she leaves, setting the course for the Philip Memorial Library. Specifically she is looking for any books about the rose the found.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Skyfellow's

"I don't think that 'rest up' and 'screw around' are very compatible. Anyway, our habits aren't important right now. What we need to do is get Sam's memory back." Hikari retorts, with a roll of the eyes.

"But at least something good came out of it..."
    Skyfellow's
    "Rest up and screw around are one and the same to me. Trust me on this." Jake grabbed his backpack (discreetly making sure that nothing had been stolen. Surprisingly, nothing had). "Alright, so, what do we do. I've got a room for the night here, if you guys need to rest up too."
    "Could you maybe... Describe Thomas?" Sam asked, hoping that maybe the description would spark a memory or two.
    "Sure; Thomas is a chubby guy that, last time I checked, was wearing a brown T-shirt and jeans. He's got brown hair, green eyes. He's an absolute genius; he's younger than me and he made a way to travel between dimensions. He often doesn't look like it, though; he always just looks like a regular smart kid in school. Hell, he even messed up an IQ test on purpose to keep his awesomeness out of public sight."
    It rang a bell, but Sam still couldn't really picture him. "Thanks."
    You've nothing to fear but fear itself.
    And that crazy guy with a chainsaw behind you.
    The Cost to Save the World - My POKEMON fanfiction RECENTLY UPDATED
    Morality is for people who don't have other people trying to kill them every five minutes - Gordon Freeman
    NEXUS CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Ignai looks at Astrid like she doesn't believe what she's hearing. "You're really offering to let me stay here? Even after that?" She gestures at the burned table.
    Astrid waves the burned table away like it doesn't matter. "Sure a few burn marks here and there can happen, but they aren't important. I'm serious if you want to stay here for a bit I'm fine with it." Astrid wonders if she might be able to help Ignai gain some sort of control over her powers. Probably see if the Phoenix Orb could be of any help. Then again, she can't help but wonder about it being a real curse. It might be possible.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

27. - Top - End - #1467

Obligatory Sewer Level

"Hmmph. Works fine for us." Melbourne is choosing to ignore that last little jibe. Current circumstances only make it more import that he maintain the proper standards of dignity for the Merkin race. "Wait."

As they pass by a junction in the tunnels, Melbourne steps aside and gestures for Pepperjack to follow suit. Closing his eyes and trying to push the reeking odor of offal out of mind, he conjures up a spell, humming a note not meant for human ears.

A second later and a fierce roar should fill the sewers, shortly followed by an enormous upsurgance of fouled water barreling through the byway they'd only just abandoned and rushing upon the pursuing gaurds.

"There. Problem done with."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-01-18 at 08:26 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by antonm1107 View Post
    Skyfellow's
    "Rest up and screw around are one and the same to me. Trust me on this." Jake grabbed his backpack (discreetly making sure that nothing had been stolen. Surprisingly, nothing had). "Alright, so, what do we do. I've got a room for the night here, if you guys need to rest up too."
    "Could you maybe... Describe Thomas?" Sam asked, hoping that maybe the description would spark a memory or two.
    "Sure; Thomas is a chubby guy that, last time I checked, was wearing a brown T-shirt and jeans. He's got brown hair, green eyes. He's an absolute genius; he's younger than me and he made a way to travel between dimensions. He often doesn't look like it, though; he always just looks like a regular smart kid in school. Hell, he even messed up an IQ test on purpose to keep his awesomeness out of public sight."
    It rang a bell, but Sam still couldn't really picture him. "Thanks."

Skyfellow's

Hikari mutters something darkly under her breath, but then perks up as Jake mentions that he has a room. "Oh, you have a room here? Could we please? Sam's not had any rest since she arrived her several hours ago, and I... umm... haven't had the opportunity to sleep in a bed for a while now..." She finishes with a whisper.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

29. - Top - End - #1469

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Riftside - The Keep]

Harnel considers this for a long moment. Well, they had that amulet that reverses his gender, after all, and it's not like that hasn't happened before, "Ok, you can make me a girl after you change me back to normal."
    [Riftside - The Keep]

"Yay!" The little girl exclaims, jumping up and down in excitement. "Did you hear that Sir Smithers? Mister Therishein's is finally going to get a girlfriend!" She tells the teddy bear as she holds the bear up in the air with a wide smile on her face.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftside - The Keep]

Harnel shakes his head, kneeling down to look the alternate Libra in the eye. Damn, these things were heavy. That was likely just his weakening muscles there though. This needed to be dealt with fast.

"Whoa there kiddo. I agreed to get turned into a girl. If Mr. Theirshein wants a girlfriend, he'll have to woo me himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Inside the Sinkhole]

Tovpir points at the hole he just came from.

"This way leads directly to the First aid tents at the edge of this area. I could carry one or two people on my back if needed."

The way he points at is aroun 5 feet tall and 6 wide. So a normal human could walkt through it , but he would need to walk crouched. The back of the scorpion appears prepared, remnant did sand his back to allow someone on his back.
    [Inside The Sinkhole]

Sora nods, and will set up a pair of small floating disks, large enough for a pair of wounded people to be loaded onto them, one each. The people seem to know what to do, bringing a man who'd broken both of his legs to one of Sora's disks, and the other who they were trying to keep from falling unconscious due to his head injury. Tovpir will be loaded up with another pair, one with a single broken leg and a woman who had somehow managed to lose her left arm entirely, now unconscious, though the healer had stabilized her condition. Everybody else was able to walk, so everybody else would follow Tovpir and Sora to the tent.
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-01-18 at 09:24 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.