Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 49

Streets

Krystal smiles and nods.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea to me

To the park they go!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Park
    The Lady and Krystal arrive at a park!
    The Lady immediately plops down below a shady tree and pats beside her, obviously intending for Krystal to sit next to her.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Tent of Chaos]

Hadlin just looks around now, and frowns. if this kept going, he wasn't sure what would happen to him or those around him.

He will offer a hand to both Amil and and Kate, "Give me your hand," he says, the sound of his voice being distorted by the goop, "I may be able to get us out of here quickly."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Tent of CHAOS]

Liquid you can breath?

Well. That's certainly out of left field. Ostensibly the fluid replaces all the air inside of one's lungs to prevent people from freaking out and thinking that they're going to drown. Amil still thrashes around a bit when the transition takes place until she realizes that she isn't dying.

Not dying is always a plus.

Anywho!

Amil's form continues to warp and grow. By this time little if any remains of the human shape have been erased. She's very clearly dragonish by now and the size of a large horse. Long leaves have grown from her wings pattered after the feathers of an eagle, leaves in a melody of greens from yellowish to bluish with the occasional crimson blossom among them.

A creature forged of luminous emerald opal, rich brown wood, fragrant red flowers, and twisting verdant vines. There are, of course, thorns. But what would a rose be without thorns?

She gives a slow blink and mutters "Naxfyrjot..." under her breath before giving her head a strong shake. And then opens her wings wide. "Doesn't matter which way is up now. Just swim toward the nearest wall and we'll cut through."

Amil winces a bit at how loud and strangely sounding her voice is. She didn't mean to yell! And then comes some more yelling in her ear! Or she could just hope that this guy can get them out of here. She reaches out gingerly with her 'hand' to take Hadlin's.
    Kate grabs the hand offered to her. She is ready to get out of here, and can ask questions later if she feels like it. "Go for it!"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tent of Chaos]

Once Hadlin has both of the women in hand (even if one is becoming decidedly less human), they should be able to feel a tingling of energy coming from him. A moment later, he'll be rocketing towards the side of the tent with them in tow; it may be a bit hard to keep their eyes open with all the goop there, and He'll charge on through, right through the side of the tent if he can make it. Whether he can remains to be seen.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Gray Zone Streets]

Calvin had been making his way back to his Uncle's house when he started to notice that people were giving him odd looks as he was walking through the streets. It took him a few minutes to recgonize that people seemed to be glaring at him in anger. Then a semi-rotten piece of fruit flies from the crowd and hits him in the back of the head. Suddenly the people in the streets around him seem to go crazy and charge him grabbing whatever is handy in the ways of weapons. People with brooms, small knives, and other various heavy objects start to swarm around him obviously with the intent to harm him.

Calvin is very surprised to find himself suddenly being attacked by a mob of people but is quick to defend himself. He doesn't pull out any of his weapons not wanting to kill anyone, not that the mob seems to care. He may breaks some bones and leave behind some unconcious people but does his best not to use leathl force. Because he is holding back he seems to be having a hard time escaping the rush of people.

Anyone that spots the scene and comes to investigate may themselves feel the pull of the magic that seems to make you want to kill Calvin.

((Interaction Wanted))
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Warwick Works

"High school chemistry certainly wasn't, unless you count the challenge of keeping Mr Rytek from looking down my top when he was supposedly checking my work."
    Willow said.
    Arthur's eyes widen slightly as he hears that, but he's not going to take that topic any further. "So, uh, listen. Since I'm back in town, were you hoping to go do anything? Dinner, maybe a walk?" It was 'standard procedure' in a way. Whenever Arthur got back from a gun deal, he'd try and find time in their mutually-busy schedules to go out and have some fun.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

7. - Top - End - #157

[Sitar's Strings - 1 am]

The sound of skate wheels echoes through the night as a group of people, dressed for the cold and all wearing masks, approach the restaurant closed for the night.

A series of nods passes between them. There's no discussion this time. This isn't an art project, this is a statement they've practiced for weeks. A statement against what the human supremacists have been inciting, directly or not.

The location was obvious. It was the worst kept secret that this was the front for their crap. It's the single human-only restaurant in the city.

Their spray guns begin to hiss as they begin their work...

Assuming it goes uninterrupted, the group will finish before dawn and scatter. The tagging will be a mural of different couples all of various races embracing each other in almost a ballroom-like scene from the way they hold each other, painted over the front of the restaurant, windows and doors included. Orc and elf, goblin and man, Halfling and dwarf, and front and center a human woman and a humanoid male with what can be assumed draconic features engagning in a kiss painted right on the door, they're heads, peeking just above the door frame, so even if if the door were propped open the kiss would still be visible.

And far to the right, a series of signatures:
    General Surgeon aka "The Doc"
    Freakin A!
    All-hallows Eve
    Shady Spring
    Speakeasy
    Impractical Joker
    Beautiful M.E.

Of course, that's just if all goes as planned. Interruptions happen.

[Grayzone Streets]

A bolt of white charges in from the sky. Stopping on a dime at most two feet of the ground, what was a blur becomes a man dressed in a white jumpsuit, red boots, gloves, and mask, and with a single blue five point star adorning his chest. With incredible force, the man slams his hands together. A crack like thunderbolt ripples the air. It should be loud just loud enough for the whole crowd, possibly including Calvin, to be stunned by the pain.

Seems superhero, Young Star has come to protect the single man from the mob. This could be either very good or very very bad for Calvin.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Grayzone Streets]

Calvin doesn't see Young Star come zooming onto the scene. The thunderclap stuns the crowd, several covering their ears in pain. Calvin stumbles a bit and quickly whirls around to see the man who made the noise. The strange get up causes him to pause not sure if this man is about to attack him as well. He tenses up as he looks around quickly for a way to escape the streets and the mob while they are stunned.

Young Star may feel the effect of the spell that seems to be coming from Calvin. If he does rage should start to fill him up till he gives into the urge to attack Calvin. It would take a pretty strong will power to overcome the magic.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gerri's (new) House]

Erani has arrived here to check up on Geri yet again. She steps up to the front door of her foster parents' house and knocks.

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Generic Street]

Sayuri's voice rings out from the sleeping girl's body with a laugh. "Oh, I can't let you go yet. I haven't even begun with you!"

As the divine power strikes her, she flips backward, landing parallel to the ground on her wall of light. The voice of Sayuri seems amused, almost curious, as she replies, "And how? Do you propose to fight fire with fire? It doesn't work, y'know."

With a slight pause as she crouches, Sayuri leaps toward Imesah, who by now would have had time to draw her blade. She charges again, this time through the air, with her fist covered in streamers of light. If Imesah blocks her strike again, they will wrap around whatever blocking implement is used.
    Imesah doesn't respond. She's no longer interested in talking to this woman. Instead, she keeps her shield up as she charges, appearing to intend to block Sayuri again. At the last second, though, she crouches and rolls along the ground, intending to get behind her. She's done this song and dance before, and is perfectly able to dodge blows.

As soon as she finishes rolling, Imesah stands and turns, using the momentum to but more weight behind the swing of her sword, hoping to slash across Sayuri's back.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gerri's (new) House

Erani is greeted by the foster mom, who says that they are doing very well even if they are distracted but that's to be expected considering what they went through the poor dears would you like something to drink it's very nice of you to keep tabs on them and on and on and on...

Anyway, the pair themselves are sharing a room. They look up as Erani enters. "Hi Erani," They say in unison. They shoot each other an odd look. It seems they still aren't quite used to there being two of them yet.

12. - Top - End - #162

[Grayzone Streets]

Coming in from the outside actually helps analysis quite a bit. Whatever it is that turned these people into an angry mob is urging him to do the same. It may not always seem like it, but logic is the best quell on anger. It doesn't stop the effects, but just knowing it's there let's him fight it. His heroic willpower and self control, the kind that keeps heroes from killing the worst of villains or popping muggers heads off with super strength, handles the rest. He was taught self control, how to fight without hurting someone and not letting anger get the best of him, and he strengthened his willpower every time he put those teaching to use.

With that kind of Willpower, Calvin is safe.

Dashing through the air at Calvin, he tries to scoop him up in true comic book hero fashion and take him out of danger.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

[Generic Street]

((Sorry, missed Morcleon's post.))

Ignai rocks slowly, trying to get herself under control. It's not working very well. Flame flicker around her once again, thought they're small. This is all too familar to the woman. She thought she could control it...

[Gerris' (new) House]

"Hey there you two." Erani stops just inside the room and looks between them. This is still odd for her too. "How have you been doing?"

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Milton Street Bakery

Vinny gives the dragon a glare and ignores Elaine for a moment before speaking. "The dragon a friend of yer's?" He asks, already figuring the answer was yes. "Then keep him from killing me and no one will git hurt." The mobster threatens before he begins to make his way towards the bakery.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gerris' (new) House

"It's been a little awkward," one says. the other nods. [COLOR="Green"]"We haven't gone through anything really bad, though."[/COLOR

"Um," the other interrupts. It's going to be hard to keep straight which one is saying which. "I... actually don't remember a full day. I remember going on a walk, but it's a big blur until I get home. I can't find anything different, and I don't think anything important happened, but..." She shrugs.

"Yeah, that's kind of disturbing." The one that spoke first comments. "And to make matters worse I've been having nightmares recently."

16. - Top - End - #166

[Escaping the Tent of CHAOS!]

Awaaaaaay!

Amil tucks her limbs as tight as she can manage to avoid any undue drag in the weird liquid air stuff. And upon reaching the edge of the tent she'll drag her thornier bits through the canvas and carve a nice big hole in the wall for everyone to escape through.

Open air!

Finally!

As soon as they're clear of the chaotic circus Amil flares her wings, flinging goop every which way as she gains purchase on the sky. There's a bit of wobbling on her part since she's still trying to get the hang of this new shape... but thankfully she seems to be a fast learner.

She tries to talk and coughs up a bunch of goop instead. Eeww... Hopefully no one below gets dripped on. That would be gross.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

Escaping the Tent of CHAOS!

Kate also tries to speak, but winds up coughing fluid as well... That's not fun at all.

She tries to talk again, and just coughs again. Lungs aren't exactly the easiest things to clear.

The third time she manages to say something. "Set down- cough spit -anywhere in a park- sneeze -we can get to somewhere calm no matter where we start from."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the tent]

Hadlin will spend the next few moments hacking and coughing as well, clear goop coming out of his mouth and nose so that he can breathe normal air again.

After a bit of that, he finally says, "Guh... alright, Kate, you have some place in mind?"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Generic Street]

((Sorry, missed Morcleon's post.))

Ignai rocks slowly, trying to get herself under control. It's not working very well. Flame flicker around her once again, thought they're small. This is all too familar to the woman. She thought she could control it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Imesah doesn't respond. She's no longer interested in talking to this woman. Instead, she keeps her shield up as she charges, appearing to intend to block Sayuri again. At the last second, though, she crouches and rolls along the ground, intending to get behind her. She's done this song and dance before, and is perfectly able to dodge blows.

As soon as she finishes rolling, Imesah stands and turns, using the momentum to but more weight behind the swing of her sword, hoping to slash across Sayuri's back.

Generic Street]

Sayuri, in the midst of a battle, doesn't notice Ignai's attempts at ignition...

She misses Imesah entirely, stumbling forward and tripping over the sidewalk to fall onto the ground. The sword passes over her head, slicing off a few strands of hair in the process. Ah, the wonders of a Coincidental Dodge. The sleeping body staggers upright, then convulses. A trickle of blood leaks out of the side of her mouth, then the eyes open, showing Sayuri's crystal blue. She grins wickedly. "Ah, total possession is so much less crude than puppeteering, don't you think?"

Leaping backward to land almost midway between the two other women, she straightens up, holding out a hand. A circle of red light forms, with three protruding barrels. They flash, and send an enormous barrage of bludgeoning light beams directly at Imesah. While each is barely the force of a punch, the sheer volume of strikes would be sufficient to punch through most unprotected small houses.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

20. - Top - End - #170

[Outside the Tent]

"Most parks are death traps in this city," Amil points out as she finally manages to clear the rest of the goop. Nice to be able to actually talk again. "For one reason or another. If we just need somewhere to set down and conjure up those... whatever they were... then we don't want to get interrupted by a swarm of pixies or an angry shrubbery."

The wood drake points off at an area not too terribly distant. "We could use the Arcane Academy's training field. They're out for the winter and the grounds are open to the public. And apparently the place has wards set up to make summonings a bit safer."

Or at least that's what Zyzyx told her. That guy was weird. Cast spells via body-building and flexing. It was pretty fun to watch though.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-12-16 at 04:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside the Tent

"It is possible to find places that even most supernatural beings can't just get to, places that don't technically exist. What I call parkspace. But having somewhere with wards is probably a good idea... my main worry is that someone else will find us and get messed with, but using a warded area is a really good idea."

Kate feels rather silly, being the only one not flying here.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-12-16 at 05:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Generic Street

An unprotected house is usually made of thick wood, which can't protect much at all. Imesah's Heater shield is forged of solid steel and reinforced with a slab of Titanite ore, making it much more capable of deflecting the bludgeoning light. Still, the attack pushes Imesah back a fair bit, even though she is effectively undamaged.

She lowers her shield for a few moments and moves to her left, strafing around Sayuri.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the Tent]

Hadlin nods, "That sounds like the best place to go then,"

Of course, Hadlin isn't actually flying right now, and in a moment, the ethereal wings on his back begin to dissipate. He'll help the girls up if they need help up and walk in the direction of the Arcane Academy, intent on making use of the wards already in place.

On the way there, he opens the black book once more; where was he hiding that thing while he was pulling the girls out? It's completely dry. Regardless, he consults it for the moment, inquiring about for all the information he can get about the entities he's about to summon, and the way to summon them successfully.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "If we can find someone with decent tech, we might be able to use Elexxion's tracking network to find them," Kailee says. Of course, that would quickly draw Elexxion's attention, but they wouldn't do anything overt if it's on someone's private property. "Audrey's probably in the Blue Zone, looking for a client to protect herself. The other two... they could be anywhere."

Then this talk of Remnant. Clearly these two don't understand what Elexxion's done to the Red Zone. Or at least a large portion of it. "Elexxion makes the people here happy. Gives them everything. Ninety percent of the employees were homeless three months ago." Anger - perhaps simulated - shows on Kailee's face. "Could you imagine if Remnant tried to shut them down? The 'real police' hardly even patrol here."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "You wouldn't happen to have something of theirs?" Ashley says, an idea coming to her. "I might be able to scry for them. And if we find them, I can help them too if they need it."

"We shouldn't go to Remnant anyway. They might want your tech too, She says. "Maybe we should head somewhere lower-key, someone else might come for you."
    "No. There's no way Remnant would do anything like that, they're not butchers." Wrath's snaps at Ashley, frustrated anger evident in his voice. But she's right. As much as it galls him to let Elexxion, just, get away with it, there's not much of an alternative- If Remnant shut them down it'd turn half the Red Zone into a battlefield.

"If Remnant can't help us, then the best bet's to get you to Riverside. I don't think Elexxion's got hold over the locals and it's not a place where people ask too mant questions. You could hide out there until... Until they stop looking, I guess." If they stop looking. Anyone with Elexxion's pull has to have better ways of searching than sending out bounty-hunters. Tracking devices, divinations, who knows what.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gerris' (new) House]

Erani frowns. That's worrisome. "Someone could look at you again, maybe. Something might turn up this time." The sylvani suggests.

[Generic Street]

Flames licks around Ignai's legs, and when she staggers to her feet, molten concrete clings to them. The sleeve of her shirt spontaneously bursts into flame. She tries to put it out with her bare hands as she hurries unsteadily along the barrier. The paint cracks a splits on a nearby car and one of the tires lights up. A few posters on the wall start to burn.

26. - Top - End - #176

[Steele Street - Toward the Arcane Academy]

Thankfully it isn't too far away.

But that's one of those funny things about the Nexus. It seems like nothing is ever too far away. Probably best not to spend too much time thinking about it.

Anywho! Amil needs no help up. She lands just fine and gives her wings a firm flick to try to get as much gunk off them as possible. The wood drake glowers at the slime and decides that she may as well just deal with it later. Because now it's time to walk!

She begins tromping through the slurry in the road, each footfall resulting in a sudden burst of creeper growth. The delicate vines and crimson blossoms probably won't last very long in the sooty streets. Our heroes find themselves flanked by a distinctly Victorian era London part of the city, complete with gas lamps, carriages, and smoke stacks belching thick smog. The attire of those outside has a rather Steampunk feel with plenty of brass and brown fabrics.

Shops line the road boasting wares such as replacement parts for clockwork robots, lightning bottles, and other such odds and ends aside from your average sundry items.

"This part of the City has always unnerved me," Amil matters as she walks, pulling her wings tighter around herself. She really stands out here, a lone speck of green in a sea of iron and ash.

27. - Top - End - #177

Milson Street

Kashi opens one eye and snorts questioning when Elaine yelps. "Snyui?" He's too groggy to notice Elias or Hekta yet.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Steele Street - Toward the Arcane Academy

Kate does keep her balance when she lands. She pulls the cloak tight around her, now that there are people around. She's very self-concisious at the moment...

Ooh. Lightning bottles. She'll have to come back some time when she's normal.

"Let's get this done as fast as possible," Kate will say and hurry forward.

The book isn't very helpful. The words "It is unkown" comes up a lot. Names unknown, of the type of creature or the individuals. Origin unknown, power unknown... it lists some basic information on their personalities (as far as is known) and the powers that have been seen on-screen... oh, there's some new information. It says that they are five-dimensional entities that are capable of travel through most any level of speperation: planes, timelines, universes, whatever. They can also look at an individual's history, their "paths," or into their minds. This makes them able to find out any secret if they wanted to... but they haven't seemed to use it much.

The summoning part isn't helpful: there is no way that they could be summoned with Hadlin's magic, they're too odd. The most he can do is get their attention... and even for that it only has some really generic hints.

At the very bottom, there is a somewhat disturbing note:

"Discovered by K. Kyland in the December of 2012"

Gerris' (new) House

"Yeah." they both say and nod.

"I... we thought that was going to happen anyway," one says. "Considering what happened last time, we thought that someone would look at us to make sure we were still... human."

That might be part of why they seem so uncomfortable. If they're doubting their own humanity...
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-12-16 at 06:10 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gerris' (new) House]

Erani nods. "Now that we know something more is happening, hopefully whatever's causing it will turn up." She honestly doesn't know how it works herself, but she doesn't need to.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gerris' (new) House

"Right now?" One asks.

"We can go now if you want us to," the other says.