6.Nxa4 d5
    7.Bxd5 Nf6
    8.Bxa8
    9.Nf3 Rg8
    10.0-0 Qd6
    11.e5 Qd7
    12.Nc3 a5
    13.exf6

Tobias considers her for a few seconds. If she really does have a list of targets, he could use them as bait instead. So he should, at least, take certain measures to keep her alive. And if she's to trust his men's ability to protect her, he needs to tell her things he'd rather not be public knowledge. So the druid quietly mutters a spell, creating a glowing dome over the two, shielding them both and preventing any sort of eavesdropping. The elite commandos of a Godslayer are nothing to scoff at. It just so happens that I have a team of professional soldiers, real special operations type, on standby here in the Nexus. Give me the list and I will have the entire team take you to a safehouse and protect you until Enshadu is killed. He takes her knight and wryly smiles. Unless you would like to wager on the outcome of this game? If you can beat me, I will guard you personally. And I am one of the most powerful beings in the Nexus currently.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 49

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Milton Street Bakery

Vinny gives the dragon a glare and ignores Elaine for a moment before speaking. "The dragon a friend of yer's?" He asks, already figuring the answer was yes. "Then keep him from killing me and no one will git hurt." The mobster threatens before he begins to make his way towards the bakery.
    Milton Street Bakery

"Kashi won't hurt anyone!" Hekta exclaims with a frown, were these people stupid or something? She follows Vinny closely though, the woman was a coward and probably not a thread, this guy looked far more dangerous.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Generic Street

An unprotected house is usually made of thick wood, which can't protect much at all. Imesah's Heater shield is forged of solid steel and reinforced with a slab of Titanite ore, making it much more capable of deflecting the bludgeoning light. Still, the attack pushes Imesah back a fair bit, even though she is effectively undamaged.

She lowers her shield for a few moments and moves to her left, strafing around Sayuri.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Generic Street]

Flames licks around Ignai's legs, and when she staggers to her feet, molten concrete clings to them. The sleeve of her shirt spontaneously bursts into flame. She tries to put it out with her bare hands as she hurries unsteadily along the barrier. The paint cracks a splits on a nearby car and one of the tires lights up. A few posters on the wall start to burn.

[Generic Street]

Grimacing, Sayuri shuts down the barrels on the radiant cannon and leaps back again. This time, she travels even further from Imesah and closer to Ignai, and ends up floating in the middle of the air. She crosses her arms in front of her and the area begins to vibrate. A deep glow emanates from the ring still pointed at Imesah. She starts to shake, charging her weapon with a destructive light, waiting for the last moment to fire.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Generic Street

Imesah keeps up her strafing maneuver. Sure, Sayuri was floating in the air now, but she had more than a few ways of nullifying that. She knew that the charging was probaby a sign of some attack, so she gets ready to dodge again.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    Sewers - Red Zone

Well, isn't this (still) an interesting little situation.

On one side, we have a Black Creation...thing performing a controlled detonation and caving in one half of the Hunters' directional options.
    There's an ominous rumbling in the ceiling above, as this portion of the sewer's structural integrity is threatened.

One another we have Yuki charging directly at a mass of of claws, tails, and carapace wielding two blunt pseudopods and a scalpel.

About halfway towards his target, the entire mass leaps out of the wall to meet him, several times his size and apparently completely unconcerned by the prospect of being cut by the puny medical implement.
    Surely their impact will be pleasant, no? If you ignore all the weight, the claws, the spiked tail, and there may be a maw of fangs unfolding inside there somewhere.

And then, there's what Kirlia is doing.
    Pew pew, micro-misdescribed death lasers! They seem to be pretty effective, all things considered. But it's pretty hard to argue with death lasers, unless your opponent has a mirror.
    Which, this particular one does not!

Scratch one freakish overly limbed demon...thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post

[Sewers- Red Zone]

Yuki's eyes widen as the dark creature leaps at him. With only a split second left before impact, he increases its power through a small sacrifice of HP life energy. Through the magic of improbability and the improbability of magic, the scalpel's chance of penetration has been heightened, and his target's chance of defending has been lowered!

He winces internally at the loud rumblings. Why did all of his companions have to do so much collateral damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Sewers
    Kirlia wiped her brow. Putting out energy can be tiring sometimes, since it does draw from the power inside you.
    But whatever.
    Kirlia looks at her companion with a strange look.
    "Do you want some help or do you got it under control?"

[Sewers - Red Zone]

So Yuki and the other nasty beastie thingy are on a collision course.

The beastie has claws and teeth and various bits and pieces that are undoubtedly unpleasant and is rather big.

...Yuki has a scalpel.

However sharp it may be, there is definitely not enough scalpel to deal with this much beastie nice and quickly.

Conclusion: Yuki is probably screwed. This is substantially less than ideal.

"He has not got it under control." Black observes as it sprints over. There's no way it can get there quickly enough to prevent the two colliding. Instead it intends to charge in and give the beastie an almighty kick to the face...or whatever bit of it is nearest to Black anyway. Being a creation, Black is capable of putting a lot of force behind its actions. As big as the beastie is, Black should be strong enough to send it sprawling across the floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post

[Outside Philip Memorial Library]

Oh hey, that feeling of awesomeness kind of just went away.

Rainbow Dash decides to hover a little closer to the ground about now, as the sky over there decides it wants to be completely and utterly insane.
    Really, even Discord might be impressed by whatever-the-heck-that-is.
    ...maybe.
    "Probably not."

Pinkie has returned from dispensing cookies to shoggoths and is nibbling one herself, sort of casually leaning on Applejack in the process.
    The farm-pony is entirely too stricken by the sights to really notice.
    "Wouldja look at that..."

Rarity is giving Fluttershy a little hug, before she and Luna turn to Sigil (and technically the Librarian too).
    "I believe this is the point where you may start filling the rest of us in, before we"(Fluttershy) "get a little too worked up, yes?"

"That would seem...prudent. What would an avatar of Hastur be capable of? And who is Eris? Are these likely to be direct opposition to our work?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Outside Philip Memorial]

Well. Maggy has spoken up about the goddess of discord before Sigil could say anything. And to continue that trend he gets interrupted right about the time he opens his mouth to answer the other part of Luna's question.

"Well honestly? Last I checked this 'Twilight Sparkle' is planing on trying to harmonize the whole Nexus. GAG! Can you imagine anything more boring than that? Trying to get rid of all this glorious chaos?"

Fluttershy may or may not have just been displaced about six feet to the right and now the unholy lizard-snake-sea anemone tentacled thing that is Hastur's starspawn puppet is likely to have its one of its limbs wrapped around pegasus in a hug.

"I mean, really?" he leans in close to peer right into the yellow pegasus' eye. "I think I'll just sit back and observe. It's sure to be hilarious watching the purple unicorn try and fail."

The thing scoots back, rising up to its full height and leering down at the ponies (and cyborg). "Though I should probably warn you all. Some jerk went and told a bunch of adventurers about your friend's plan. So they'll be just dying for a chance to liberate her head from the rest of her body to win some quest XP."

That leer grows even wider.

"Think of it as a race and a hunt all at the same time!" the creature laughs, suddenly clothed in an English fox-hunting outfit. "The game's ahoof, everypony! Who's going to find her first? Tallyhooooooooo!"

Hastur then gives the bridle attached to the end table/lamp combo he's riding a sharp yank before galloping off into the distance.

"We need to find Twilight. We need to find her right now!"

[Outside Philip Memorial]

"I see the...Nexus is in one of its more chaotic moments, currently." The Cricketbatman idly flicks some blood out of his eyes. "I think Hastur may be underestimating the purple one's chance at succeeding. Time runs short...ponies. I hope you find her in time. I would have no joy in...destroying her if we are left with no other means of stopping her." The Cricketbatman twirls the cricket bat in his hand.

He would appear to be quite serious.

He'd much rather he didn't have to make anything go boom here.

[Institute of Humanist Studies]

Meanwhile...in a not-so-chaotic place...

One timeskip later, and the drones are done. The old equipment is gone, the new equipment has been installed.

Roberts smiles and dismisses the drones, letting them run off to go do...whatever they're meant to do next.

"After you," he says, gesturing towards the entrance.
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2012-12-16 at 08:44 PM.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Park
    The Lady and Krystal arrive at a park!
    The Lady immediately plops down below a shady tree and pats beside her, obviously intending for Krystal to sit next to her.
    Krystal smiles and plops down as well. Then she'll lean back, place her hands behind her head, and stare at the sky.

So, how many places have you visited?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gerris' (new) House]

"We'll have to schedule something. It'll be done through a hospital where they'd have better resources for picking up on these sorts of things." Erani explains.

[Generic Street]

Ignai keeps moving, but she slows herself. She has to calm down, but seeing that maniac come closer doesn't help any. She leans against the wall, closes her eyes, and tries to slow her breathing. It's hard to ignore that the bricks behind her are either melting or cracking and crumbling. At least what fire that already exists isn't spreading.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gerris' (new) House

"Okay."

"What did you want to talk about?" They look curious, they don't know what to expect.

9. - Top - End - #189

The Red Zone

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "No. There's no way Remnant would do anything like that, they're not butchers." Wrath's snaps at Ashley, frustrated anger evident in his voice. But she's right. As much as it galls him to let Elexxion, just, get away with it, there's not much of an alternative- If Remnant shut them down it'd turn half the Red Zone into a battlefield.

"If Remnant can't help us, then the best bet's to get you to Riverside. I don't think Elexxion's got hold over the locals and it's not a place where people ask too mant questions. You could hide out there until... Until they stop looking, I guess." If they stop looking. Anyone with Elexxion's pull has to have better ways of searching than sending out bounty-hunters. Tracking devices, divinations, who knows what.
    Plotting in the Red Zone

Ashley considers any possible places for a moment. "I live in a warehouse in the Grey Zone. It won't exactly be a permanent solution, but I think it'll do until we can find your friends and get them somewhere safer." Normally, she wouldn't let strangers into her place, but this was a bit different.
    "Alright, Grey Zone first. Until we find my friends. And then... then we'll try this Riverside," Kailee says, hoping that they don't have an issue with this. Though she seems to realize that this is all going a bit fast - and she's being a bit presumptuous. "Are you two sure about this? Elexxion... they hurt people."

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

The robots need a moment to scan over Adir, the truck and Sakura. They were informed that they come. They make a short scan over the truck looking for any kind of weapon excpect garden tools. Assuming there aren't any they push the gate open. The gate is big enougth to let the truck pass. As they enter they might note a few more of the guard robots walking up and down the ways guarding people or just patrol. At the end of the way stands a high building simular to todays cathedrals. Left and right of that building stand two otherbuldings.

The area around the paths and the church buildings has the size of two football fields and appears brown. No plants seem to grow there right now, the same way you might see after most building site.

A man, standing in front of the cathedral building waves at Adir and Sakura to come over to him.
    "Sweet little robot army they've got," Adir says, impressed by the towering vigils. The stag floats their hover-pickup toward the Cathedral and hops out, before moving to help Sakura down whether she needs it or not. She's probably pretty pregnant at this point in time.

The man gets a wave and a smile as the stag approaches. "Hi there. You in charge around here?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal smiles and plops down as well. Then she'll lean back, place her hands behind her head, and stare at the sky.

So, how many places have you visited?
    Park
    The Lady sighed as she leaned against the tree, and looked at Krystal.
    "I cannot fathom the number, it must be in the hundreds! But I do have a memory from each. Mostly good, some bad. But as the saying goes...we'd never remember the good if we didn't have the bad to define it with."
    She yawned a little.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

[Deus Mechanicus Church]

Sakura's stomach sure is getting big now. She feels huge compared to last time, but what can she expect with twins? The visual difference isn't quite so pronounced. She's moving around well enough still, but she's still happy to accept his help.

The dryad, however, looks quite uncomfortable. She warily eyes the robots and the lifeless grounds. It's all so unsettling, and she can't really explain why. Even if Adir couldn't read it from her expression and body language, the discomfort is clearly broadcasted through their earrings.

"Hi." She says to the man, though not with her usual energy.

[Gerris' (new) House]

"Just how things have been going overall. How has your foster family been?" Erani says, deciding to start with the easy question.

12. - Top - End - #192

The Red Zone

"Sounds like a plan, then. My place isn't far, we'll just have to-" Ashley stops when Kailee asks whether or not she's okay with helping. She doesn't take long to answer. "Elexxion can't do much to me. I've been hurt before."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Ice Rink

And at around this time, Tracey and the MadMag will possibly see a certain tall, Nordic blonde approaching, bundled up against the chill rather impressively, and bearing several shopping bags...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #194
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Generic Street

Imesah keeps up her strafing maneuver. Sure, Sayuri was floating in the air now, but she had more than a few ways of nullifying that. She knew that the charging was probaby a sign of some attack, so she gets ready to dodge again.
    [Generic Street]

Ignai keeps moving, but she slows herself. She has to calm down, but seeing that maniac come closer doesn't help any. She leans against the wall, closes her eyes, and tries to slow her breathing. It's hard to ignore that the bricks behind her are either melting or cracking and crumbling. At least what fire that already exists isn't spreading.

[Generic Street]

As the crackling of fire on brick grows louder, Sayuri finally takes note of Ignai for a split second. But in that split second, strong emotions can be seen on her face. Anger... awe, perhaps... maybe even a touch of fear...

The charging continues, building up into an amorphous sphere of purest light, perverted for Sayuri's dark ends. She smiles. And fires! Unfortunately for Imesah, it's not a precision attack. In fact, it was likely designed so that only the barest minimum of aiming is required. A searing beam blasts down the street, several meters wide, with an overwhelming force made to hurt, disable and incapacitate anything, but not to kill.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

15. - Top - End - #195

Escape from the Red Zone

"Yeah, I'm sure." Glancing back towards the streets, Wrath checks to make sure no-one's listening in on their conversation. Last thing they need is Elexxion setting an ambush for them. "Now, how are we gonna do this? I mean, do we just call a cab, or walk, or what? If there's one bounty-hunter looking there's bound to be more."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Grayzone Streets]

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post

Coming in from the outside actually helps analysis quite a bit. Whatever it is that turned these people into an angry mob is urging him to do the same. It may not always seem like it, but logic is the best quell on anger. It doesn't stop the effects, but just knowing it's there let's him fight it. His heroic willpower and self control, the kind that keeps heroes from killing the worst of villains or popping muggers heads off with super strength, handles the rest. He was taught self control, how to fight without hurting someone and not letting anger get the best of him, and he strengthened his willpower every time he put those teaching to use.

With that kind of Willpower, Calvin is safe.

Dashing through the air at Calvin, he tries to scoop him up in true comic book hero fashion and take him out of danger.
    Calvin watches Young Star coming at him and starts to get ready to defend himself. Then he realizes that this apparent superhero isn't about to attack him. He lets himself get scooped up before the crowd recovers from their shock.

"Please tell me that you aren't going to drop me?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Escape from the Red Zone

"Yeah, I'm sure." Glancing back towards the streets, Wrath checks to make sure no-one's listening in on their conversation. Last thing they need is Elexxion setting an ambush for them. "Now, how are we gonna do this? I mean, do we just call a cab, or walk, or what? If there's one bounty-hunter looking there's bound to be more."
    The Red Zone

"Sounds like a plan, then. My place isn't far, we'll just have to-" Ashley stops when Kailee asks whether or not she's okay with helping. She doesn't take long to answer. "Elexxion can't do much to me. I've been hurt before."
    "Thank you. Both of you," Kailee says, fairly certain that's still the thing to say around here. She creeps toward the mouth of the alley, just as a cadre of soldiers in black armor go marching past. She ducks, avoiding their wandering gaze, before peeking back out to check around. "They're already here. We gotta go."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Steele Street - Toward the Arcane Academy

Kate does keep her balance when she lands. She pulls the cloak tight around her, now that there are people around. She's very self-concisious at the moment...

Ooh. Lightning bottles. She'll have to come back some time when she's normal.

"Let's get this done as fast as possible," Kate will say and hurry forward.

The book isn't very helpful. The words "It is unkown" comes up a lot. Names unknown, of the type of creature or the individuals. Origin unknown, power unknown... it lists some basic information on their personalities (as far as is known) and the powers that have been seen on-screen... oh, there's some new information. It says that they are five-dimensional entities that are capable of travel through most any level of speperation: planes, timelines, universes, whatever. They can also look at an individual's history, their "paths," or into their minds. This makes them able to find out any secret if they wanted to... but they haven't seemed to use it much.

The summoning part isn't helpful: there is no way that they could be summoned with Hadlin's magic, they're too odd. The most he can do is get their attention... and even for that it only has some really generic hints.

At the very bottom, there is a somewhat disturbing note:

"Discovered by K. Kyland in the December of 2012"
    [Steele Street - Arcane Academy]

Hadlin frowns at the book, but doesn't make any indication of how strange that is; these two have enough to worry about without his own misgivings.

Once arrived at the summoning grounds of the academy, Hadlin will find the nearest acceptable summoning circle and get to work; without the ability to bind these beings, he has no need of any fancy material components. his means that simply 'calling' to them, as it were, is the simplest, easiest, and most effective route.

Let's hope this works properly.

Hadlin will fall silent, not even chanting. He's simply extending the power of his soul out to give a knock on the proverbial door, and give them an open channel to arrive at the ritual grounds.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

19. - Top - End - #199

Generic Street

Imesah barely has time to raise her shield once she realizes that this next attack won't be a ray of some sort. Of course, it doesn't do her much good, and she winces as she's driven back by the light. While it would hurt, disable, or incapacitate any normal person, Imesah is far from normal. So even as pain wracks through her body, she still takes a single step forward. She then, for some odd reason, sheathes her sword and raises her right hand into the air.

That reason is probably revealed when a great bolt of lightning appears in her hand and she throws it directly at Sayuri at a decent speed, though.

Escape From the Red Zone

Ashley curses under her breath. "Right, how will you two react to teleporting?" she mutters as she goes through the steps for that particular spell in her head.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

[Generic Street]

After a moment, Ignai opens her eyes again. She looks at the conflict playing out in front of her in horror. She tears her eyes away and looks for some way to escape. She can't be trapped here.

21. - Top - End - #201

[Steele Street - Arcane Academy]

Finding a usable circle shouldn't be that hard!

No doubt due to some magic or another the field is completely free of rain, puddles, snow, or any other bothersome weather phenomena that might interfere with the magic that's practiced here. Nothing worse than having a circle broken because of the ground getting too muddy.

As for Amil!

The wood drake sits down on her haunches in a patch of grass and watches. Her feet are already rooting into the soil and she makes a bit of a sour face at the taste of it. The ground here is tainted with soot, grime, and coal tar. Things can grow it's just... gross...

"I really don't like this part of the city..."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

22. - Top - End - #202

Soldiers. Armed, uniformed soldiers, practically parading down Remnant's doorstep. Not good doesn't cover it. Wrath didn't even think something like this was possible, not even in the Nexus, where anything's possible. Although...

Well, in a way, it's a good sign, isn't it? If Elexxion's willing to pull this kind of stunt to retrieve Kailee, then they must be absolutely terrified of her or the others escaping.

"Leaves me a little queasy, but I don't think we have much of a choice right now. Wrath says, dropping his voice to a low whisper to avoid being overhead. "Would you happen to know any spells to stop scrying?"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

23. - Top - End - #203

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Grayzone Streets]

Calvin watches Young Star coming at him and starts to get ready to defend himself. Then he realizes that this apparent superhero isn't about to attack him. He lets himself get scooped up before the crowd recovers from their shock.

"Please tell me that you aren't going to drop me?"
    [Grayzone Streets]

Anger chomping at him, but Young Star isn't about to stop being a hero. He gives Calvin a heroic smile and a wink. "No... But let's try not to give me ideas."

They'll quickly land on top of a building. "Here's hoping there's a distance to whatever's going on." He claps his hands, though not as powerfully as last time, just a polite punctuation to the shenanigans of before and new topic.

"Well, Hello!" He says, friendly as can be. "I'm Young Star. Superhero, if it isn't obvious. And you my friend are giving off some sort of magical murder aura. What's your name?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Grayzone Rooftops]

Once he is set down the 16 year old takes a step back from the superhero. He is kind of nervous, which is probably a good thing since he seems to be inducing murderous rage in people.

"A super hero huh? Well you certainly look the part. I'm Calvin and thanks for not trying to smash my face in."

As the people in the street recover from being stunned they look around a bit confused. They remember getting angry and attacking, but have no idea why. Most are quick to leave the area or go back to whatever buisness they were doing.

Calvin though stays away from the edge of the building staying out of sight.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

25. - Top - End - #205

[Grayzone Rooftops]

"Nice to meet you, Calvin." He floats upward in the air for a few seconds to watch the people disperse. "Well there's a distance limit. That's a bonus. Or maybe it's a sight thing. Any clue why this is happening?" he asks as he returns to a standing position.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Sweet little robot army they've got," Adir says, impressed by the towering vigils. The stag floats their hover-pickup toward the Cathedral and hops out, before moving to help Sakura down whether she needs it or not. She's probably pretty pregnant at this point in time.

The man gets a wave and a smile as the stag approaches. "Hi there. You in charge around here?"
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

Sakura's stomach sure is getting big now. She feels huge compared to last time, but what can she expect with twins? The visual difference isn't quite so pronounced. She's moving around well enough still, but she's still happy to accept his help.

The dryad, however, looks quite uncomfortable. She warily eyes the robots and the lifeless grounds. It's all so unsettling, and she can't really explain why. Even if Adir couldn't read it from her expression and body language, the discomfort is clearly broadcasted through their earrings.

"Hi." She says to the man, though not with her usual energy.
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

"Hello." The man answers with bit of accent.

"No Mr Frescot. I'm just here to welcome you and your wife until the high pristress is done. If tere is anything you need or want to know I will help you as far as possible."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #207

Doing the Time Warp in the Red Zone

"An escort's dermal armor is resistant to void-warping as a result of spacial distortion," Kailee explains. Then she remembers that she's not talking to a pair of customers and adds, "That is to say, I'll be fine."

Church of Deus Mechanicus

"Oh yeah? That's Mia, right? What's she doing?" Adir asks. He hopes they haven't come in the middle of a sermon or something. "Otherwise, a hose or other kinda water supply would be great."

The stag does take notice of Sakura's discomfort - it's really hard to ignore, even if he wanted to. He just looks at her pointedly, managing to seem concerned without even using telepathy.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

[Deus Mechanicus Church]

Sakura looks back at Adir and just shrugs, but she gives him a reassuring smile none the less. She can't really explain why she feels this way.

The dryad looks back to the man and nods. "Yeah, water is the main thing. I have a few other little things I need already."

29. - Top - End - #209

[Deus Mechanicus Church]

"Yeah that's right, Mr Frescot. She is currently at the workshop. I already informed her about your arriving."

He waves at a man and a robot to his left side.

"Semian! Come over here. I need your help."

What happens now might confuse the stage and the dryad. Instead of the man, the robot comes closer while the man goes on with what he was doing.

"Oh! Excuse me I haven't introduced myself. I'm Gabrial, acolyt of Deus Mechanicus and former programmer. And this, as you may have heared, Semian. One of the local robots."

The 8 feet high robot holds up one hand as if he was saying 'hi'.

"Semian, please bring me the hold in storage room 2." A short break appears as if the robot answers the man.
    "Really? Well it's good you know. Oh and bring us a comfortable char for Mrs Frescot, please."

It's obviously that you can't leave a woman at her state standing all the time, right? So if not stoped the robot will go and bring the things he was asked to do.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Sitar's Strings
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Sitar's Strings - 1 am]

The sound of skate wheels echoes through the night as a group of people, dressed for the cold and all wearing masks, approach the restaurant closed for the night.

A series of nods passes between them. There's no discussion this time. This isn't an art project, this is a statement they've practiced for weeks. A statement against what the human supremacists have been inciting, directly or not.

The location was obvious. It was the worst kept secret that this was the front for their crap. It's the single human-only restaurant in the city.

Their spray guns begin to hiss as they begin their work...

Assuming it goes uninterrupted, the group will finish before dawn and scatter. The tagging will be a mural of different couples all of various races embracing each other in almost a ballroom-like scene from the way they hold each other, painted over the front of the restaurant, windows and doors included. Orc and elf, goblin and man, Halfling and dwarf, and front and center a human woman and a humanoid male with what can be assumed draconic features engagning in a kiss painted right on the door, they're heads, peeking just above the door frame, so even if if the door were propped open the kiss would still be visible.

And far to the right, a series of signatures:
    General Surgeon aka "The Doc"
    Freakin A!
    All-hallows Eve
    Shady Spring
    Speakeasy
    Impractical Joker
    Beautiful M.E.

Of course, that's just if all goes as planned. Interruptions happen.

No one directly controlled by me intervenes. But I'll wait another day or so to see if anyone playing one of the regular customers (or anyone else) does so.

Warwick Works

Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    Arthur's eyes widen slightly as he hears that, but he's not going to take that topic any further. "So, uh, listen. Since I'm back in town, were you hoping to go do anything? Dinner, maybe a walk?" It was 'standard procedure' in a way. Whenever Arthur got back from a gun deal, he'd try and find time in their mutually-busy schedules to go out and have some fun.

"Sure, Tiger. What did you have in mind?"
    Willow answers, already starting to clean up her workbench. That was one thing she always did. Unless the building was on fire (which seemed to happen with more frequency when Arthur was at work), she tidied up everything on her work bench before she left, leaving everything immaculate. Her mother, siblings, and college roommate would have all been been stunned into disbelief if they knew, because that certainly wasn't how Willow kept her bedroom at home or her room at college. In the words of her roommate, her dorm room looked "Like a fashion magazine threw up in here".

Of course Willow's never taken Arthur to either her room at her parent's place or her dorm room. The stress of making the place presentable would be too much.

Master Dahl's Bakery on Milson Street

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Milton Street Bakery

Vinny gives the dragon a glare and ignores Elaine for a moment before speaking. "The dragon a friend of yer's?" He asks, already figuring the answer was yes. "Then keep him from killing me and no one will git hurt." The mobster threatens before he begins to make his way towards the bakery.
    "The dragon is your friend?" Elaine asks Hekta. There's a very primal part of her brain screaming 'Dragon! Dragon! Dragon! Dragon!' and demanding she run away. "No, I think we should take the boy to a hospital." Are you crazy, woman? Do you know what kind of horrors happen in hospitals?! Way more than happen in dragon's dens, at least in the Nexus!

Institute of Humanist Studies

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Institute of Humanist Studies]

Meanwhile...in a not-so-chaotic place...

One timeskip later, and the drones are done. The old equipment is gone, the new equipment has been installed.

Roberts smiles and dismisses the drones, letting them run off to go do...whatever they're meant to do next.

"After you," he says, gesturing towards the entrance.

Professor Bauer returns into the lab.

Ice Rink

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Ice Rink

And at around this time, Tracey and the MadMag will possibly see a certain tall, Nordic blonde approaching, bundled up against the chill rather impressively, and bearing several shopping bags...

Tracey doesn't see Eileen. You can tell she doesn't see Eileen by the way she grits her teeth and resolutely looks in the opposite direction, tugging at her knit hat to cover her distinctive red hair. Nope. No seeing Eileen at all! Definitely not!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs