New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: afroakuma's Planar Questions Thread! (You ask, I'll answer)

Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
    While this is true, he might appreciate a bit more clarification.

(Semi-elemental planes are the [largely hypothetical] planes that combine quasi- and para-elemental traits, also known as quasi-para-elemental planes.)
    So which semi- is from which quasi- and which energy? I only knew there was such a thing as semi-elemental planes from the answer back on page 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    So which semi- is from which quasi- and which energy? I only knew there was such a thing as semi-elemental planes from the answer back on page 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Could you provide more information about these semi-elemental planes, or where I could find more information about them? This is the first time that I've heard of semi-elemental planes.
    Absolutely. You can find the original theory hereabouts.

In brief: the Semi-Elemental Planes are to the Para-Elemental Planes what the Quasi-Elemental Planes are to the Elemental Planes. That wasn't brief at all, really.

Ice made positive yields Crystals beyond only frozen water; on the negative side, it collapses into Frost, a dark, fragile and killing cold embodied as an endless blizzard.

Magma yields crumbling Pumice, a desolate grey realm of abrasive and fragile rock sponge; on the Positive side, it is Obsidian, a hot, glassy realm that could easily pass for a layer of Hell or the Abyss.

Ooze provides Clay on the positive side, a realm containing disturbing vistas and little else. Its counterpart, Silt, is an endless pit of misery.

Smoke gone negative results in Fumes, one of the most unpleasant places in the multiverse; its caustic, toxic and noxious vapors crawl through every part of you if left to do so. The flipside, Sparks, is like Radiance only more aggressive. Like being in the heart of a massive fireworks display, and just as dangerous.
    That should answer your question.
    Last edited by Larkas; 2013-01-21 at 10:05 AM.
    Metal Perfection - a template for creatures born on Mirrodin.
    True Ferocity - a simple fix for Orcs and Half-Orcs.
    Monastic Magus - a spiritual successor to the Unarmed Swordsage.
    Pathfinder-ish Synthesist - a simple fix making Synthesist Summoners follow polymorph rules.
    Sword & Sorcery for Sneaky Scoundrels - rogue archetypes/fixes that aim to turn the rogue into a warrior/caster.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Does that mean the obyriths were also interlopers to the Abyss
    No; they're of the plane itself (they don't spawn from souls, but from raw chaos).

Apparently the writers of FC2 decided it would be funny
    That's a good rule of thumb for the FC2, yes.

("more powerful?")
    I wanted the gelugon and didn't feel like photoshopping out the other two. Same thing happened with the cornugon picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    Afro:
    Who would win in a sword only fight?
    Graz'zt or Levistus?
    Technically Graz'zt by default, since Levistus is a Popsicle.

Assuming they're both able to engage each other, this would look an awful lot like the final duel from Rob Roy, with Liam Neeson as Graz'zt and Tim Roth as Levistus. If Graz'zt is allowed his shield, then he has a very high AC, but Levistus is a swordmaster who rules in defensive combat. Amusingly enough, the battle demonstrates the whirling, brutal chaos of demons versus the precise, controlled methods of devils; the edge would probably go to Levistus, since Graz'zt isn't nearly as skilled at swordplay. He's stronger and faster, but Levistus is just more precise and talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    • Ice: Crystals (Positive) and Frost (Negative)
    • Magma: Obsidian (Positive) and Pumice (Negative)
    • Ooze: Clay (Positive) and Silt (Negative)
    • Smoke: Sparks (Positive) and Fumes (Negative)
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Now I need to find that fight...Or make it...
    thanks!
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

On Graz'zt vs Levistus: Don't either of them have magic that could come into play? SLA's and such?
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Colossus in the Playground

Where exactly does Graz'zt's Sex bomb reputation come from? From what I remember in Planes of Chaos, he's mostly described as an aestethe and artist with a slight tendency towards the ascetic.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Where exactly does Graz'zt's Sex bomb reputation come from? From what I remember in Planes of Chaos, he's mostly described as an aestethe and artist with a slight tendency towards the ascetic.

Lets see here:
    Iggiwil'v, and Iuz, One part.
    About 10 Children that I can think of.
    And besides the fact of his favorite Demons being Succubi and Cultist's Only Female Lamia?
    See where im going with this?
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #818
    Bugbear in the Playground

What is Graz'zts and Iggiwilv's relationship with each other?

Also, can you tell us about Iggwilv?

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 123456789blaaa View Post
    What is Graz'zts and Iggiwilv's relationship with each other?

Why Do I now have a sudden intrest in Graz'zt?

Okay, Long story short:
    Iggiwilv Summoned Graz'zt, And bound him to her command, They became unlikely lovers (Big suprise) and had Iuz, Who became a Demigod(Last I heard, That is) But Graz'zt Began to long for freedom, and started ploting, Iggiwilv's love for him made her..shall we say, Slightly un-as protective, and in a moment, he struck, She expended every spell, Artifcat, and Power she had, and banished him back to the abyss for a Unknown amount of time, If this has expired, no one know's, He is certainly not telling.

Im going to let Afro Get Iggwilv.
    (Super powerful Wizardess/Sorceress)
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #820
    Dwarf in the Playground

Love the thread, good job.

Two questions.

First, how accurate would you say Rip's history of the lower planes is?
    LINK: http://community.wizards.com/go/thre...lanes,_revised

Second, what ramifications, especially for the material, transitive and outer planes, would NOT having inner/elemental planes have? I don't mean if they were removed, but I mean if they essentially never existed in the first place. I don't recall any citing that Oceanus or the River Styx were of elemental plane of water or anything and I'm curious.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

(Super powerful Wizardess/Sorceress)
    So just make her an Ultimate Magus well into Epic level? (and potentially having levels in Cosmic Descryer?)

EDIT: Can you describe to me the day in the life of serving a Demon Lord as a Cleric of say... Orcus?
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-01-21 at 04:55 PM.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    On Graz'zt vs Levistus: Don't either of them have magic that could come into play? SLA's and such?
    Well, he specifically asked "just swords."

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    BoVD/FCI in which he's specifically noted to be "a deeply sexual, erotic being." It is also stated that "Graz’zt’s true strengths lie in seduction and guile." And as was pointed out, he has bastards galore.

Quote Originally Posted by 123456789blaaa View Post
    What is Graz’ztss and Iggiwilv's relationship with each other?
    Weirdly kinky lovers with a certain zest for kidnapping each other.

The Witch Queen of Perrenland, Iggwilv is a mighty sorceress* possessed of dark powers and a keen insight into demonkind. "Adopted" at a young age by the mysterious Baba Yaga, Iggwilv, then called Natasha, developed her spellcasting talents. As Tasha, she appeared in the Free City of Greyhawk and became a member of a famous adventuring band. Her greatest exploit at this time involved the binding of a powerful demon prince who has since been freed.

Tasha absconded from her master with stolen spellbooks, learning secrets by communing with demons and summoning the demon lord Graz’zt to bind him. She seduced the demon into helping her (I'm sure ) in her plans of conquest, and bore him a son not long after. She was deceived by the powerful fiend, however, who slipped free from her binding and mustered a counterstroke. Iggwilv slew Graz’zt’s material form, banishing him back to the Abyss, but at great cost.

Iggwilv's villainy resulted in powerful forces mustering against her; her daughter was slain by adventurers raiding the caverns she had used as a base, and her aspiration to bring forth an army of fiends on the Material Plane was defeated by a party who recovered the famed artifact, the Crook of Rao. Iggwilv has since retreated to a warded manor in Hades, where she keeps three arcanaloths as apprentices and quietly works ew schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovec View Post
    Two questions.

First, how accurate would you say Rip's history of the lower planes is?
    LINK: http://community.wizards.com/go/thre...lanes,_revised
    I prefer his other one.

Second, what ramifications, especially for the material, transitive and outer planes, would NOT having inner/elemental planes have? I don't mean if they were removed, but I mean if they essentially never existed in the first place. I don't recall any citing that Oceanus or the River Styx were of elemental plane of water or anything and I'm curious.
    Well, if you're looking at the Great Wheel cosmology... there would be no Material Plane... and therefore no Outer Planes, at least not in any useful sense.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2013-01-21 at 05:19 PM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    So just make her an Ultimate Magus well into Epic level? (and potentially having levels in Cosmic Descryer?)

EDIT: Can you describe to me the day in the life of serving a Demon Lord as a Cleric of say... Orcus?
    She has stats somewhere in a dungeon...Savage Tides I think.

I cant, Maybe Afro can.

random question that might get a reply here:

Afro, Why do you hate Dinosaurs?
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2013-01-21 at 05:33 PM.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #824
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I think she might be statted out somewhere in the Savage Tide adventure path, actually.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

15. - Top - End - #825

Issue 149, August 2007- the second last one, has Iggwilv. She's a level 30 character- 26 wizard levels, 4 archmage levels.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

random question that might get a reply here:

Afro, Why do you hate Dinosaurs?
    Oh, I don't hate dinosaurs.

I hate dinosaurs in D&D.

I already have big reptiles; I have no use for less cool ones, and I can't personally rectify the two of them coexisting in my campaign worlds, so I side with the one whose name is in the title of the game.

17. - Top - End - #827

*shrug*

If we can have cows and humans in the same setting, I think I can live with dinosaurs and dragons.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

I hate dinosaurs in D&D.

I already have big reptiles; I have no use for less cool ones, and I can't personally rectify the two of them coexisting in my campaign worlds, so I side with the one whose name is in the title of the game.
    But...The Awesome Image of a Army of Lizardfolk riding on Raptors! how can one Deny it!
    (Not every Lizardfolk can get their hands on a Dragon, though, I stand behind dragons)
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

I hate dinosaurs in D&D.

How do you feel about pseudodragons, drakes, linnorms, and the other like-true-dragons-but-less-cool dragon-ish creatures?
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    How do you feel about pseudodragons, drakes, linnorms, and the other like-true-dragons-but-less-cool dragon-ish creatures?
    Valid, valid, valid and valid.

I'm weird. So sue me.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

I plan on it.

okay, Somewhat last question:

If i was a Archon/Outsider/Celestial that was a rank of a Celestial Paragon, What would be the most Logical Choice for a Honor Guard?
    (Any and all Alignments)
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #832
    Titan in the Playground

okay, Somewhat last question:

If i was a Archon/Outsider/Celestial that was a rank of a Celestial Paragon, What would be the most Logical Choice for a Honor Guard?
    (Any and all Alignments)
    Your own followers. See the Book of Exalted Deeds.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Your own followers. See the Book of Exalted Deeds.
    ...Uh..Let me rephrase that question:
    Highly Powerful/Near divinity, Level Celestial/Good Outsider.
    What would be the best Honor Guard?
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

...Uh..Let me rephrase that question:
    Highly Powerful/Near divinity, Level Celestial/Good Outsider.
    What would be the best Honor Guard?
    I'm not sure what you're looking for. As I said, each Celestial Paragon has their own prestige class for followers, so that makes for a logical answer there.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure what you're looking for. As I said, each Celestial Paragon has their own prestige class for followers, so that makes for a logical answer there.
    ...Hmm...

What would be the most powerful, In all (good) subtype Outsider Honor Guard?
    (No Unique type, but In all)
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ettin in the Playground

...Hmm...

Are you trying to sound like a slaad? Because you're doing okay at it, I guess.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

...Hmm...

I'm sorry, I don't think I'm understanding your question. I suppose Solars are the most powerful non-unique Good outsiders, so I suppose they would make the most powerful honor guard. Is that what you're asking?

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry, I don't think I'm understanding your question. I suppose Solars are the most powerful non-unique Good outsiders, so I suppose they would make the most powerful honor guard. Is that what you're asking?
    yes, Sorry im sounding confusing...

Slaad impression:
    They really wouldn't speak normal languages, Or anything like that, If they are pure Chaos, So...(Nor would they use Actual letters..)
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

yes, Sorry im sounding confusing...

Slaad impression:
    They really wouldn't speak normal languages, Or anything like that, If they are pure Chaos, So...(Nor would they use Actual letters..)
    Is/was Prince a Slaad?
    Metal Perfection - a template for creatures born on Mirrodin.
    True Ferocity - a simple fix for Orcs and Half-Orcs.
    Monastic Magus - a spiritual successor to the Unarmed Swordsage.
    Pathfinder-ish Synthesist - a simple fix making Synthesist Summoners follow polymorph rules.
    Sword & Sorcery for Sneaky Scoundrels - rogue archetypes/fixes that aim to turn the rogue into a warrior/caster.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Larkas View Post
    Is/was Prince a Slaad?
    ......................HehehehehehhehehehehhehHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Oh...That...That is perfect.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig