New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: History of The Usurpers IC

The Charcoal Virgin felt the gods weave rewards for mortals upon their deaths. . . but the rewards were given freely with no judgement. She looked upon the world and saw sin. . . .

====

Two men laughed as a little girl tried to flee from them down an alley. It was dark, the hateful sun obscured behind the globe, for it was night. She ran and stumbled, her knees bruised and bloody, tears freely flowing down her face. The men, so much bigger than her, casually strolled down. One roughly grabbed her arm, while the other merrily tore off her clothes. She screamed, but the few people nearby did not help - what would they do? Her tiny breasts and pink nipple, was in stark contrast to the darkness of the alley, to the grime on the hands of the men. Then at the moment when purity is tarnished like corroded silver the fires came. . .

All the little girl saw was a beautiful woman covered in flame, dressed in flowing robes with scenes from the sea. The two men. . . laid prostate on the ground, unrecognizable they were mere lumps of black flesh now. The smell of charred bone hung heavy in the air. The girl reached out towards the woman thankful and fearful - full of awe... and the woman vanished in acrid smoke. The bodies of the men fell apart in the wind, and were blown away - mere ashes.

====

The Charcoal Virgin held the two crisped souls in her hand. . . rapists. Men. Death was not deserving of them. They made her use fire! They made her accept her Husband's Power. She clenched the souls and opened her parched lips and drank them full - they would have no choice. No reincarnation, no paradise, for they were murdered by a goddesses and they would eternally burn within her.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2013-01-04 at 04:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

From Xethos, Yanyeeku sent his praises to Crux for the roses. When news of paradise reached him, he was in an even better mood.

He used his remaining birth energies to create a sentient race. This race, known as photons, where elves formed of equal parts pure goodness, pure law, and pure sunlight. These photon elves where ten times as intelligent as humans, but they where also physically weak and could not survive more than a second without direct sunlight unless they where directly illuminated by Yanyeeku or they were sucking on a rose petal from a "Rose of Crux", as Yanyeeku called them. The "Rose of Crux," or "Crux Rose," could transfer lawful good sun energy to the elf until the elf's saliva eventually broke it down. Each petal could stay under the elf's tounge about two hours before withering.

Those roses came so much in handy that Yanyeeku decided he would ally Crux after a short 5000 year nap...
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2013-01-04 at 07:20 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show
    [QUOTE=Moonwolf727;14474169]
    Crux, The Broken Storm, sat on his cloud. And Face-palmed. This was probably the stupidest thing he had ever done. He had invested his power into creating an ageless beast that could forever watch and guard the ocean in his stead, unblinking and unwaveringly loyal. And he in a moment of absent-mindedness had neglected to bestow upon it the proper knowledge that it deserved. It was an immortal guardian with all the intelligence and conversational finesse of a ten year old human child.

Watching it converse with the architect brought a great many things to the forefront of crux's mind, the most pressing of which was what he could gain from this arrangement. The ocean contained a great many precious metals that would doubtless be important to the architects, and he could in turn request something from them. He had a cunning plan.

He took a moment to focus himself and breath deeply before visualizing the ores in the ground. He raised them into the sky and effortlessly loaded them onto the architect. Before saying.

"You may have these treasures of the deep, but tell your lord that If I ever require his assistance in an important matter he is to aid me in whatever way he can. Without risking himself of course."

Metrople scraped together its mandibles,"ACKNOWLEDGED. THESE RESOURCES ARE ENOUGH TO BUILD A DOZEN MORE ARCHITECTS. OXONJ WILL-Assuming Control. Yes, I will agree to this arrangement. In fact, I will be willing to lose two dozen Architects to preserve you. This may be the beginning of a lasting partnership. I am recieving word from my emissary that there is a god full of pride, known as Hubris. DO you know of this deity yet?"
    Metrople returned the resources to Smyth, leaving behind a hologram of Oxonj.
    "1427. It is not a race to 0 SAN."
    From Things Mr Welch is not Allowed to Do In an RPG
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

4. - Top - End - #34

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentIndy View Post
    Metrople scraped together its mandibles,"ACKNOWLEDGED. THESE RESOURCES ARE ENOUGH TO BUILD A DOZEN MORE ARCHITECTS. OXONJ WILL-Assuming Control. Yes, I will agree to this arrangement. In fact, I will be willing to lose two dozen Architects to preserve you. This may be the beginning of a lasting partnership. I am recieving word from my emissary that there is a god full of pride, known as Hubris. DO you know of this deity yet?"
    Metrople returned the resources to Smyth, leaving behind a hologram of Oxonj.

The architect floated away and Crux was left speaking to a manufactured image of Oxonj, another one of his fellow divines.
    "I am aware of his existence yes, however I have not had personal contact with him. Quite frankly I'd rather not."

"What do you propose we do about Hubris? I'd prefer to avoid engaging in combat unless we are forced but if it comes to that I will."
    Last edited by Moonwolf727; 2013-01-04 at 07:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

MindFlayer

"Hubris has created, and enslaved a species that I once was.These Fey of his trouble me, and I have started creating an answer to them. If he starts to claim dominion over other deity's creations, then I won't hesitate to prepare for war."
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Baelor seeks out the one known as Margareta, The Charcoal Virgin. "Salutations, flame-kissed beauty. I do not believe we have met..."

---------

A small retinue of trolls arrive at the pridelands' borders in dreadnoughts of steel. They seek an audience with Hubris, The Glorious Lord.
    Last edited by Iron Victory; 2013-01-04 at 08:12 PM.
    Avatar by the fabulous Kid Kris.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Yanyeeku woke 5000 years later. Not much had changed, except now the photons had built Xenthos up a little with some huts and now all the other divines had creations. He ordered the elves to keep the island in the sun while he visited Crux. He was going to ask about a future alliance with that already worthy friend. He would lend forces where needed.

8. - Top - End - #38

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwanch View Post
    Yanyeeku woke 5000 years later. Not much had changed, except now the photons had built Xenthos up a little with some huts and now all the other divines had creations. He ordered the elves to keep the island in the sun while he visited Crux. He was going to ask about a future alliance with that already worthy friend. He would lend forces where needed.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hubris has created, and enslaved a species that I once was.These Fey of his trouble me, and I have started creating an answer to them. If he starts to claim dominion over other deity's creations, then I won't hesitate to prepare for war."

"I concede that your concerns are well founded but there is little we can do about Hubris without support, I propose an alliance between us so that we may..........."

Yanyeeku, The Benevolent God Of Kings, was approaching with his arms outstretched and a smile on his face. This was entirely in-keeping with His perceptions of the sun lord. Yet somehow it was disturbing.

"Brother, Fellow. It is good to see that you have joined us after your five minute nap. Perchance you would be interested in an alliance? It would allow us to pool our resources for the no-doubt turbulent times ahead."

Spoiler
    Show

2AP Forge alliance: I am inviting Oxonj and Yanyeeku to an alliance which would gives us a combat bonus and access to each others AP.
    1AP left if they join. 3AP left if they don't

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post

"I concede that your concerns are well founded but there is little we can do about Hubris without support, I propose an alliance between us so that we may..........."

Yanyeeku, The Benevolent God Of Kings, was approaching with his arms outstretched and a smile on his face. This was entirely in-keeping with His perceptions of the sun lord. Yet somehow it was disturbing.

"Brother, Fellow. It is good to see that you have joined us after your five minute nap. Perchance you would be interested in an alliance? It would allow us to pool our resources for the no-doubt turbulent times ahead."

Spoiler
    Show

2AP Forge alliance: I am inviting Oxonj and Yanyeeku to an alliance which would gives us a combat bonus and access to each others AP.
    1AP left if they join. 3AP left if they don't

I accept your proposal! May a peace follow that never ends!
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2013-01-04 at 07:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

MindFlayer

"I am going to be joining this alliance."

Spoiler
    Show
    AP:8
    Join Alliance -2
    AP:6

Oxonji's false skin peeled off, revealing his robotic interior,"This suits our goals rather well. Pleasure to make your acquaintance Yanyeeku. DO you have a use for one of my Architects?" "
    Last edited by AgentIndy; 2013-01-04 at 07:51 PM.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

When the Great Palace was complete, Hubris declared it holy ground, his most divine sanctum. The Great Palace is immense, easily dwarfing every building in the city that surrounds it.

Spoiler
    Show

Assuming the trolls make it to my border, despite a lack of boats
    What brings you to my lands, foul creatures? Hubris demands, with visible disgust at the appearance of these creatures

Spoiler
    Show

AP: 5
    Weave Sanctum, -3: The Great Palace in the centre of his continents greatest city, the place from which he rules his would-be empire.
    AP: 2
    Last edited by HopeHubris; 2013-01-04 at 07:50 PM.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

An almost incorporeal shape of an extremely beautiful noblewoman hovered over the waters stopping just short of hitting the serene stillness. Her white dress trailed in the water after her as her body covered itself in more and more extravagance. She stared down the length of her arm at the golden rings and rubies that now adorned her hands.

"I am a god." She muttered to herself as she watched the other gods play with their new power. "No longer just Helen.." She mumbled, twisting rocks and power in her hands idly, finding her cosmic power nearly limitless. Inexplicably she had the knowledge of what she was, what she had done, and of her old life.

The bright light in the sky caused her to squint as she stared up at it. "What a symbol." She remarked, her jealousy rising that she had not created it first. Each of these creations could have been hers. No, no longer, she would be the one that they were jealous of now... she would be the one that they feared!

"ABSOLUTE POWER!" She bellowed, ascending further into the sky.

"I AM HELKARAVA THE GLORIOUS ONE! MY WILL BE DONE!"

Her bellows echoed out across this newborn world as she did her work. She pointed at the waters below and they churned with her power, her influence preparing to change the world for the worse.

"An afterlife... hahaha. But we've barely BEGUN with this one! Then let them make haste! Let this plague ravage this world... for the suffering!" Her voice trembled with glee, and the air became riddled with microbes. On this clean and untainted world she introduced the concept of disease and several of the mortals down below began to cough with the unimagined terrors that now dwelt inside them. With a flick of her hand a swarm of bugs burst from the beautiful woman horrifically and spread across the Earth and multiplied to spread her plague.

"And monsters... to fear!"

The water that churned with her power burst forth in a mighty torrent as it teemed with further life, and polluted the once serene oceans. The half-remembered species she knew as an Octopus now swam these waters; hostile and territorial and varying greatly in size from small to large to make people fear the depths. These creatures could rival ships in size if they grew large enough. The mighty and mysterious octopus could drag you down and the abyss below.

"These monsters are the Octupi... fear these waters and dare not tread!"

Her warning extended out across the land, but her work was not yet done. With a jealous sneer she plucked a rose of gemstone as she passed it, sniffing the beautiful flower dismissively. "This is beautiful... and should be mine alone! To keep these safe my precious children..." And suddenly, from the flower of gemstone arose spiders of gemstone, millions of them, overflowing the flower and infesting the others. These spiders were as hard as gems and beautiful, but carried within them a deadly and poisonous bite.

On the Pridelands she turned her smirking visage from the dust she molded a creature- a half-remembered image from a book that startled her as a child. The roar echoed nearly as far as her own bellowing voice as the large, majestic, and terrifying creature took its first steps on the land. The teeth rivaled even that of the toothiest shark, but their size was double that of a man. They were carnivorous and hunted in packs across these great plains, a true contender for who was really king here.

"These monsters I dub lions..." She said after a moment of contemplation, "Fear these wild lands and don't wander from your structures!"

She glanced up at the architects in a rage. "Beings that can fly? What an afront to my glory!" She said in a rage, sounding almost happy to have an excuse. Concentrating hard on the caged birds that amused her as a noblewoman- the energy crackled around her and formed into a ball of energy. Wings sprang from the new monster and a sharp beak soon followed, suited for scooping up fish or humans in its maw. The talons followed capable of plucking even a shark from the waters. These were not ordinary birds, they were giant monster birds!

"And I create these mighty Hawks, so that you fear the air! Watch the skies!"

The Glorious One looked on her works and despaired for they, all beautiful, matched not her magnificence. Using the remainder of what power she possessed, the mad goddess began to twist and corrupt the creatures of the depths and land. The monstrosity that emerged appeared almost as beautiful as the Fae themselves yet in their mouthes were rows and rows of deadly shark teeth. Instead of legs, however, they had fins based on the sleek design of the shark in all shapes and sizes- some even had the bottom half of the octopus instead. These creatures had sentience but had not developed societies yet. Their fingers were clawed for fending off predators and slicing meat, and they had beautiful voices to draw the unwary to their doom which also allowed them to perform a sonic scream underwater to paralyze and disorient their enemies.

"Mermaids." Helkarava spoke simply, naming these, but giving no warning about them. But you could nearly feel the giddiness in her voice.

"And it was good."

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 0/15
    (5) Concept (Disease): Viruses and aliments to ravage!

(1) Mundane Monstrous Life (Bugs): Bugs and creepy crawlies of every sort, to spread!

(1) Monstrous Life (Octopi): Monstrous Octopi varying in size from small to giant!

(1) Monstrous Life (Gem Spiders): Spiders made of gemstones. They're poisonous!

(1) Monstrous Life (Lions): Monstrous Dire Lions to roam the lands and bite and hunt everything!

(1) Monstrous Life (Hawks): Monstrous Giant Hawks to patrol the skies and swoop down!

(5) Fabled Life (Mermaids): They are sentient, beautiful and deadly!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    On the Pridelands she turned her smirking visage from the dust she molded a creature- a half-remembered image from a book that startled her as a child. The roar echoed nearly as far as her own bellowing voice as the large, majestic, and terrifying creature took its first steps on the land. The teeth rivaled even that of the toothiest shark, but their size was double that of a man. They were carnivorous and hunted in packs across these great plains, a true contender for who was really king here.

"These monsters I dub lions..." She said after a moment of contemplation, "Fear these wild lands and don't wander from your structures!"

"Marvellous, simply marvellous, such noble beasts, but so deadly, this shall give the smallfolk something to fear and fear breeds obedience, simply marvellous" he says as he laughs softly
    Last edited by HopeHubris; 2013-01-04 at 08:40 PM.
    Show

Former Characters

14. - Top - End - #44

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    The water that churned with her power burst forth in a mighty torrent as it teemed with further life, and polluted the once serene oceans. The half-remembered species she knew as an Octopus now swam these waters; hostile and territorial and varying greatly in size from small to large to make people fear the depths. These creatures could rival ships in size if they grew large enough. The mighty and mysterious octopus could drag you down and the abyss below.

"These monsters are the Octupi... fear these waters and dare not tread!"

The monstrosity that emerged appeared almost as beautiful as the Fae themselves yet in their mouthes were rows and rows of deadly shark teeth. Instead of legs, however, they had fins based on the sleek design of the shark in all shapes and sizes- some even had the bottom half of the octopus instead. These creatures had sentience but had not developed societies yet. Their fingers were clawed for fending off predators and slicing meat, and they had beautiful voices to draw the unwary to their doom which also allowed them to perform a sonic scream underwater to paralyze and disorient their enemies.

"Mermaids." Helkarava spoke simply, naming these, but giving no warning about them. But you could nearly feel the giddiness in her voice.

"MADWOMAN! Are you intent on ruining all of my creations? Then so be it, I will strike back at your own."

Crux saw his flowers infested with spiders, the oceans filled with Octupi that it would take the leviathan years to clean up and mermaids which he would most likely need help to remove. It was a terrible plight. and he was not going to let this woman corrupt his waters.

Crux's first action was to set The Eternal Serpent, Leviathan, against the octupi, as fabled life the Leviathan would be more than a match for the aquatic beasts. More of a problem was the mermaids, they were most likely going to be a consistent problem. He reached back and took a wisp of smoke from his mantle, and wove it into the mermaids very being. They would be dependent of air from now on, unable to breath liquid like their fellow creatures of the deep, making them easy prey both for the Leviathan and the Architects.

Spoiler
    Show

1AP: Censure the mermaids: Their gills no longer function, they are now air breathing animals and cannot stay submerged for extended lengths of time.
    0AP left.
    Last edited by Moonwolf727; 2013-01-04 at 08:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Rassin Thul, The Thought-Giver

Dazed by the new divine cosmic awareness, he reels at the rampant alterations, watching the fabric of this reality twist, twirl, tear, and become tied up in knot after knot after knot. In his divine fury, he does not fall towards the blue orb, he races for it.

Seeing the destruction caused indiscriminately by Helkarava, the Thought-Give pinched one of the many strings that he perceived, that held the universe together. With a slight pinch and a tug, thousands of serpents appeared in midair. Feathers of all colors extended from the creatures, wings like those of the Hawk and even faster. In their mouth they possessed a venomous bite, and a strong body able to entangle things like the Octopus. Rassin commanded these winged-serpents, his Quetzalcoatl, to patrol the skies and watch over the mortals.

Using his creations, he gathered up members of every race and brought them together, and as high servants carried those that responded to his mental calls, he released thousands of tiny machines from his divine body, each one converting the water into land, a perfectly circular continent. He placed a large mountain in the center, and running large amounts of magma beneath his creation. On it he crafted great forests and majestic plains, a land lush with resources. The Quetzalcoatls set down those who would be his people, and the land was called Fearghas.

On this fertile land, those of all races worked together. Seeing them cooperate warmed what was his heart, and with the plentiful resources and constant nudging, the people of Fearghas began to make new things. With more food available than was needed, members began to specialize. Some made jewelry, others tools, others clothes, and others weapons. As the tools made it easier and easier to gather what was needed, more and more Fearghasians could specialize in a trade.

Great cities emerged on the round continent, and in the center of each, the greatest masters of their trades came together to share their knowledge and method of creating. Many youths would come to those meccas, and whenever a trouble arose, the League of Invention would discover a solution. Tools were created to serve man, and those creations made life easier for the inhabitants.

Those that desired a better life and called out for a land where they would not be punished for being different or weak, were whisked away by Quetzalcoatls and brought to Fearghas, and any that strove to attack them met the wraith of those same legendary creatures. They gorged themselves on Octopuses that came to close, and were always well fed.

Spoiler
    Show

Create Fabled Life: 5 AP: Quetzalcoatl
    Create Land: 2 AP: Fearghas
    Form Society: 1 AP: Fearghasians (Elves, Humans, Trolls, Sun Elves)
    Form Order: 2 AP: League of Invention
    AP Used: 11
    Last edited by Tegu8788; 2013-01-04 at 09:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

MindFlayer

Oxonj gave his Architects new blueprints, a design for a construct that had the mind of an Architect, but could move around on the mortal level. These birds were going to be an issue, if they obstructed the flow of production, then he had already lost. These new constructs had synthetic muscles, and had the massive intellect of an Architect at their disposal. They are humanoid, about seven feet tall, with two Tesla style coils resting on their shoulders.

They were Vanguards, constructed from the finest materials, they could fight for years on end without depleting their power source. They had a native ability to generate lightning, and had enhanced strength and speed. Their true potential though, is realized when they are in different environments. Being able to operate in water, air, intense pressure, and even the vacuum of space, the Vanguards were the finest creations to be formed in the Architects' forges.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP:6
    Create Fabled Life:The Vanguards -5
    AP:1

Both Premier and Metrople began constructing their own set of Vanguards, they couldn't be made too terribly fast, but soon they had a dozen each.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

17. - Top - End - #47

MindFlayer

The Architect of Metrople worried about why it was...dying. Very slowly, but now he was afflicted with an illness. He implored Oxonj for a cure, but Oxonj had spent most of his power creating protectors from the Hawks. Oxonj gave him an imperative, go to the god who had ravaged this beautiful land of Smyth, and ask him a simple question, Why?.

And so Metrople left, struggling to stay airborne. He tried to stay up, but it found that even with the new upgrades that it had installed, it wasn't enough. He gave out a shrill cry, metal grinding against metal, as his swan song. It saw the shore of Fearghas, and put the rest of the his core's fires into bringing his massive form closer. After an excruciating flight, Metrople's rust finally ate away at his flight systems. He aimed for an uninhabited area of shore, made a quick log for his Black Box system, and crash landed onto the shore line.

The Architect was grounded, its factories in disarray, it only had its three dozens Vanguards to rely on. THe Vanguards repaired the vital systems, and the voice complex,"WHYYY....WHY DID YOU KILL ME?" Metrople gave its equivalent of a sob, which was steel upon steel, a sound which drove many small animals away, except for the Hawks, which yanked parts from his rusted body back to their nests.

The Architect Metrople found that there was a new island, which could mean new allies. It put down the materials that were for building new Architects, and loaded up his three dozen Vanguards. It made its journey across the sea, fighting off hawks as it went. It eventually made it to Fearghas, and it spoke,"GREETINGS, I AM AN ARCHITECT. I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER MY SERVICES."

Premier meanwhile, returned to Smyth. He did not pick up any humans, rather he mined a large amount of metals off of the shore to build another Architect,
    Last edited by AgentIndy; 2013-01-04 at 09:28 PM.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by HopeHubris View Post
    Assuming the trolls make it to my border, despite a lack of boats
    What brings you to my lands, foul creatures? Hubris demands, with visible disgust at the appearance of these creatures
    "Our lord, the great and powerful Baelor, may he choke the world in ash, has offered for the Pridelands to become a vassal state of Ignis Tor. In return for your allegiance, your lands will remain untarnished in the coming decimation, and shall be offered aid should it come under attack."

The troll smiths and labourers of Ignis Tor finish creating a domain for their god-king. A city of grand, twisting spires wrought from iron and obsidian. Great furnaces adorned with runes sit atop rivers of lava, and lakes of flame. Deep tunnels descend down into the earth's core, where the Tyrant's throne room and inner sanctum lies.

Spoiler
    Show
    9AP
    Weave Sanctum: The Black Forge -3
    6AP Remaining
    Last edited by Iron Victory; 2013-01-04 at 11:41 PM.
    Avatar by the fabulous Kid Kris.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Victory View Post

"Our lord, the great and powerful Baelor, may he choke the world in ash, has offered for the Pridelands to become a vassal state of Ignis Tor. In return for your allegiance, your lands will remain untarnished in the coming decimation, and shall be offered aid should it come under attack."
    "You dare demand something of me! Impudent fools!
    and with that Hubris
    Spoiler
    Show
    and/or his men if required
    ends the lives of all but one of the party, sending it's mangled and broken body back as a warning not to take him lightly

Show

Former Characters

20. - Top - End - #50

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegu8788 View Post
    Rassin Thul, The Thought-Giver

Dazed by the new divine cosmic awareness, he reels at the rampant alterations, watching the fabric of this reality twist, twirl, tear, and become tied up in knot after knot after knot. In his divine fury, he does not fall towards the blue orb, he races for it.

Seeing the destruction caused indiscriminately by Helkarava, the Thought-Give pinched one of the many strings that he perceived, that held the universe together. With a slight pinch and a tug, thousands of serpents appeared in midair. Feathers of all colors extended from the creatures, wings like those of the Hawk and even faster. In their mouth they possessed a venomous bite, and a strong body able to entangle things like the Octopus. Rassin commanded these winged-serpents, his Quetzalcoatl, to patrol the skies and watch over the mortals.

Using his creations, he gathered up members of every race and brought them together, and as high servants carried those that responded to his mental calls, he released thousands of tiny machines from his divine body, each one converting the water into land, a perfectly circular continent. He placed a large mountain in the center, and running large amounts of magma beneath his creation. On it he crafted great forests and majestic plains, a land lush with resources. The Quetzalcoatls set down those who would be his people, and the land was called Fearghas.

On this fertile land, those of all races worked together. Seeing them cooperate warmed what was his heart, and with the plentiful resources and constant nudging, the people of Fearghas began to make new things. With more food available than was needed, members began to specialize. Some made jewelry, others tools, others clothes, and others weapons. As the tools made it easier and easier to gather what was needed, more and more Fearghasians could specialize in a trade.

Great cities emerged on the round continent, and in the center of each, the greatest masters of their trades came together to share their knowledge and method of creating. Many youths would come to those meccas, and whenever a trouble arose, the League of Invention would discover a solution. Tools were created to serve man, and those creations made life easier for the inhabitants.

Those that desired a better life and called out for a land where they would not be punished for being different or weak, were whisked away by Quetzalcoatls and brought to Fearghas, and any that strove to attack them met the wraith of those same legendary creatures. They gorged themselves on Octopuses that came to close, and were always well fed.

Spoiler
    Show

Create Fabled Life: 5 AP: Quetzalcoatl
    Create Land: 2 AP: Fearghas
    Form Society: 1 AP: Fearghasians (Elves, Humans, Trolls, Sun Elves)
    Form Order: 2 AP: League of Invention
    AP Used: 11

Crux, still seething with anger at the insurrection into his domain by that hateful woman Helkarava, The Glorious One, almost missed the rise of another god and its first actions in their world. Crux watched slowly growing more and more impressed with this new deity, it had created guardians of the sky and forged a land that would be a meeting ground for all races. It was time to converse with this being.

"Hello there my fellow divine one. Though you have just come into this world I wish to extend to you my gratitude for your creations, surely our world will be a better place with them here."

At this point Crux moves a little closer and speaks in a more professional tone of voice. "I would like to extend to you an offer. Three of us have banded together in an attempt to share our power and safeguard this world, I would like it very much if you were to join this alliance."

--------------------------------------
    A brief glimpse into the mind of The Eternal Serpent, Leviathan

"OCTOPI ARE DELICIOUS"
    Last edited by Moonwolf727; 2013-01-04 at 09:47 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Yanyeeku picked up on Oxonj's offer.

"Amulets! I can bring you pieces of the sun… my people need light to live and the gemstone roses are gone! Those roses where their only defense against the dark until that evil woman infested them!"

22. - Top - End - #52

MindFlayer

Oxonj look at Yanyeeku,"If you bring those Amulets to the Architects, they can mass produce those for your people."
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Yanyeeku made a tiny chip of a mini-sun with a hole through it. He needed string...

He went to his infested rose garden. He stomped around to kill the spiders, or at least get a clean rose. He stripped a long twig from one of the bushes until it was string-like. He then returned the finished amulet to Oxonj.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Rassin Thul

Spoiler
    Show
    The Architect Metrople found that there was a new island, which could mean new allies. It put down the materials that were for building new Architects, and loaded up his three dozen Vanguards. It made its journey across the sea, fighting off hawks as it went. It eventually made it to Fearghas, and it spoke,"GREETINGS, I AM AN ARCHITECT. I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER MY SERVICES."

Premier meanwhile, returned to Smyth. He did not pick up any humans, rather he mined a large amount of metals off of the shore to build another Architect,

Riding atop a Quetzalcoatl, a large troll known as Jirgoth, was dispatched as an emissary. He was the brightest amoung his League, the most intuitive student ever to pass through it's halls. Still, seeing some a behemoth creation that could fly so easily astounded him. "We are creators, innovators, thinkers. When we discover a problem, we attack it with our minds. Our guardian's protect us from many things that plague our lands, but not all are so lucky. There are diseases that even our greatest cannot control. We are a clever people, but abilities are limited by the tools we have. But you, you could create those things that we can only dream of. If you willing to help us create, then we may be able to cure these diseases, and bring more light to the world."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post

Crux, still seething with anger at the insurrection into his domain by that hateful woman Helkarava, The Glorious One, almost missed the rise of another god and its first actions in their world. Crux watched slowly growing more and more impressed with this new deity, it had created guardians of the sky and forged a land that would be a meeting ground for all races. It was time to converse with this being.

"Hello there my fellow divine one. Though you have just come into this world I wish to extend to you my gratitude for your creations, surely our world will be a better place with them here."

At this point Crux moves a little closer and speaks in a more professional tone of voice. "I would like to extend to you an offer. Three of us have banded together in an attempt to share our power and safeguard this world, I would like it very much if you were to join this alliance."

The space that he still thinks of as his head appears to vibrate, constantly looking in all directions. When approached by the divine being, his entire body ripples, his skin crinkling, and he explodes in bronze radiance, coalescing in the form of a large tarantula. Still shifting, his fangs clatter against one another. "Me? You're talkin' to me? I, er, eh, that is, yes, yes I'll join your group. I'm so glad you want me in your, alliance. It's an h-h-honor."

Despite being a being of unimaginable power, many vestiges of his previous life still cling to him. Only one person had ever wanted him to be around, and she was gone. His first thought was of her, and he could find no trace of her, anywhere. If this cloudy figure wanted to be friends, Rassin would not say no.

Spoiler
    Show
    Join Alliance: 2 AP
    AP used: 13
    Last edited by Tegu8788; 2013-01-04 at 10:03 PM.
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

The Western World

A grey star fell upon the world, on the western side. As it fell, land rose up to meet it, and it was the land that the mighty King Kyth'ra had remembered before it was attacked by Kiet'ba. As he crash landed, he stood up, a little bruised and battered. He looked over his body and discovered that he had melded with the very elements of which he was blasted into upon his death, or rather, ascension. He was both metal and plant, a unique meld of the two that was flexible, protective and regenerative. He flexed his arms, enjoying the new strength and power that flooded his being as his home sprung up all around him, but it lacked something. "That's what it lacks! My people!" he said as the feathers of his cloak detached themselves and flew off, reforming as they did so, sparking the beginnings of the Humani civilisation in his image.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 15.

Create Land AP2: The Land of the Humani. Will have a name later when I can think of one.

Create Sentient Life AP2: Humani. Unlike Humans, which are crude beings made purely for work, the Humani will grow and expand upon the world, spreading civilisation to every corner of the globe. They are made of the same material as Kyth'ra is, metal and plant. Their wounds can heal themselves a small amount faster than normal mortal races, and if need be, they can take sustenance from sunlight.

Form Society AP1: Humani Kingdoms of the West, ruled by Kyth'ra and his underlings. (Monarchy)

Create Advanced Concept AP2: Swordsmanship.

Create Mundane Concept AP1: Blacksmithing.

Create Mundane Concept AP1: Shipbuilding.

Create Mundane Concept AP1: Architecture.

Create Mundane Concept AP1: Animal Husbandry.

Create Advanced Concept AP2: Knighthood.

End AP: 2.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2013-01-04 at 10:02 PM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

26. - Top - End - #56

MindFlayer

Metrople addressed Jirgoth, "IF YOU PROVIDE ME WITH BLUEPRINTS AND SCHEMATICS, I WILL PRODUCE YOU YOUR GOODS. I AM CURRENTLY IGNORANT ABOUT WHAT YOU NEED." A single Vanguard walked up to Jirgoth,"Greetings, this one's designation is Pioneer. I am to be your escort while on Metrople."

"MY KIND IS IGNORANT OF YOUR BIOLOGY. WE COULD OFFER ASSISTANCE BY HELPING YOUR KIND IN THEIR SCIENTIFIC ENDEAVORS."
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oxonj, here is a crude version of what I want…"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Rassin Thul

Spoiler
    Show
    Metrople addressed Jirgoth, "IF YOU PROVIDE ME WITH BLUEPRINTS AND SCHEMATICS, I WILL PRODUCE YOU YOUR GOODS. I AM CURRENTLY IGNORANT ABOUT WHAT YOU NEED." A single Vanguard walked up to Jirgoth,"Greetings, this one's designation is Pioneer. I am to be your escort while on Metrople."

"MY KIND IS IGNORANT OF YOUR BIOLOGY. WE COULD OFFER ASSISTANCE BY HELPING YOUR KIND IN THEIR SCIENTIFIC ENDEAVORS."

The great Quetzalcoatl curved its long tail, and Jirgoth masterfully slide down it's spine, and with a flip, lands next to the one called Pioneer on the Metrople. "Many of the people of this land are sick, some from infectious biology, others needing strong sources of light. I have called for several of those suffering the symptoms to be brought here. Please, guide me to your laboratory, so that I may see what exactly you can do, my colleagues will be here soon with the information you requested. Portable light sources of significant power are currently beyond our abilities, though we have many ideas..." He continues to speak, while his thoughts are transmitted to the great beast that carried him henceforth, it relayed those requests to the great minds of the Leagues around the island, and to the hospitals that aided the infirm. Dozens more Quetzalcoatls of varying sizes gathers up those summoned, and flew from all over the continent to join Jirgoth on the giant metal being.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

[spoilers]

[/spoilers]

Oh, you need actual blueprints, not an example. Yanyeeku pocketed his handcraft. In the sand, he drew a sunrock with a hole drilled through it. He then drew a length of string. Beside these two things, he drew string going through the rock. It could just fit over a photon's head.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2013-01-04 at 10:28 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oxonj look at Yanyeeku,"If you bring those Amulets to the Architects, they can mass produce those for your people."

Must I remind you of our agreement?