Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: History of The Usurpers IC

Syimi and Yanyeeku
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwanch View Post
    Yanyeeku said, "I have long admired your beauty from afar…. I ask you if you would like to be my bride. Together, we could rule the heavens and promote goodness together."

The beam of moonlight softens and swirls around Yanyeeku. "Admiration is not love. You have asked for what you have shown no continued desire for. Why should I be your bride, when your love is so shallow?", Symi asks gently.

Elsewhere

Far away, on the night of a full moon, a child is born. She is as a normal child, save the pure white hair which the elders say marks her as chosen by the Goddess of Love, the first in many generations. Does this herald a more active role in the lives of mortals by Syimi?
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

"Perhaps you are right, Syimi, but I would like to learn more about you. A woman of your caliber is certain to be as sweet as an eternal honey such that is found in only in the saccharine of gemstone roses. How about we meet directly someplace beautiful? We could have a feast under the dusk!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

MEANWHILE, SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Being stuck in Ashara... Ashira... Ashgara... the ice place, had brought Rodlicus sweet, sweet memories of his days in his old home, eating chocolate ice cream, making milkshakes, singing to it, preparing delicious sweetness...
    OW! RIGHT IN THE NOSTLAGIA!
    Scraped ice would most definitely not do. He had to get some Godly ice cream, fast. However, he was stuck in the ice place. Thinking of what to do, he realized something. He could split up! A part of him, a "shard" of his being, could go wherever he wanted! PERFECT!
    Rodlicus's shard materialized over a wealthy trading town. and struck up a deal.

"ATTENTION MORTALS! I, the Great and Powerful Rodlicus, have come to you to strike a generous deal! I will give 1!, I repeat, ONE! praising to anyone who manages to deliver two tonnes of chocolate ice cream to me! The Magnificent and Handsome Rodlicus is kind, and will patiently wait here!" he proclaimed to the masses, attempting a highly dangerous, Lean-Back-And-Relax 3X combo on a cloud. He failed and landed on his non-existant ass, opting instead to just use the ground.
    That afternoon, a merchant approached.

"Oh my Lord, I've collected sufficient amounts of the ice and cream you asked for! Is it a worthy sacrifice for you, my Lord?" asked the merchant in a humble fashion.

Rodlicus floated up and looked at the merchant with the most disturbing possible smile no mortal should ever witness. With a snap of his fingers, Rodlicus blessed the mortal with incredible charisma and intelligence. In the following years, this man would become the richest merchant in the world. However, since this was a blessing and not a praise, as Rodlicus had intended, the same happened to the entire town.

"You sir are MAGNIFICENT! Now begone! I must enjoy my ice cream!" exclaimed Rodlicus, diving into the pile brought forth by the townspeople. However, his joy was brought to an abrupt halt when he realized what he was stuffing into his mouth. Massive ice cubes. Massive packages of dairy cream.

They... they had lied to him... TO HIM! THE NICEST AND BESTEST OF ALL THE GODS! HOW DARE THEY, THESE INSIGNIFICANT MONGRELS!
    Truly, for an instant, Rodlicus' rage knew no bounds, even if to anyone watching it seemed more like a tantrum than unbound rage. And in his state, absolutely hating merchants and wishing to crush them with a great war, Rodlicus grabbed onto his helmet and slammed it into the ground, one of the horns burying itself into the earth and splitting it asunder in its immediate vicinity. Oh dear...

Spoiler
    Show
    Blessing -1 AP
    Rodlicus: 6/15 AP
    Last edited by Rodman; 2013-01-06 at 05:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Out of the massive tear in the world's crust clambered a rather nondescript looking merchant. He climbed, unsteadily, to his feet, coughing to clear his throat of the dust and debris kicked up by the God's rage. As Quaestus brushed off his robes, the Merchant looked up at the angry deity before him, and instantly recognized him. "...Father?" He said, his voice resonating with divine energy.
    Sub-Atomic Incest and the Great Nazi Train Robbery

5. - Top - End - #155

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The new divine voice stopped Rodlicus' rage-trantrum cold, as he turned his aethereally-blue head to look down upn the God rising from the hole in the ground.
    "... wait... why did you... WHO are you?!"
    Last edited by Rodman; 2013-01-06 at 05:53 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodman View Post
    The new divine voice stopped Rodlicus' rage-trantrum cold, as he turned his aethereally-blue head to look down upn the God rising from the hole in the ground.
    "... wait... why did you... WHO are you?!"
    The Exalted Trader tilted his head to the side, sizing up this other divine being. His eyes narrowed as if deep in thought. He was just born, but he immediately, instinctively knew his name. It just... was. "I shall trade you... a name for a name. That is fair, no?"

7. - Top - End - #157

DwarfBarbarianGuy

To put it simply, Rodlicus's shard didn't know what to do, so he just went on with it.
    "Uh, sure. I guess. I'm Rodlicus the... Actually, just Rodlicus."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodman View Post
    To put it simply, Rodlicus's shard didn't know what to do, so he just went on with it.
    "Uh, sure. I guess. I'm Rodlicus the... Actually, just Rodlicus."
    Quaestus nodded curtly, and gave his progenitor a short bow. "I am known as Quaestus, Father. Where are we?" He questioned as he observed the land before him, trying to get the measure of the realm they were in.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Chemosh noticed that the god Rodiclus appeared to want ice cream a lot. Chemosh decided that it might be good to bring the Beloved kowledge of how to make ice cream. It seemed like a good way to cheer up the world so he gave The Beloved of Chemosh the knowledge of how to make ice cream and asked them to make him two tonnes of Chocolate ice cream. All over the world The Beloved went out to collect the required ingredients to make ice cream. That done they made some ice cream and went to random nearby gathering places with the ice cream. Chemosh then went to the gathering points and got The Beloved to follow him through temporary portals he made with ice cream. With in two hours the Beloved appeared in front of Rodiclus with two tonnes of ice cream. Chemosh walked up to the gods and looked at them.

Hello, who are you? I am Chemosh, anyways I will take that praise now.As you can see we have brought the ice cream. I know the Beloved are too numerous to be praised as a whole so I will gladly take it myself. Chemosh said smiling. He hoped the praise would be a pretty good one. While he waited for the praise he brought the Beloved back to their home. Once home they started making ice cream and selling it off as a luxury item for quite a profit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ap spent:1 ap to give the Beloved the knowledge of how to make ice cream.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    Chemosh noticed that the god Rodiclus appeared to want ice cream a lot. Chemosh decided that it might be good to bring the Beloved kowledge of how to make ice cream. It seemed like a good way to cheer up the world so he gave The Beloved of Chemosh the knowledge of how to make ice cream and asked them to make him two tonnes of Chocolate ice cream. All over the world The Beloved went out to collect the required ingredients to make ice cream. That done they made some ice cream and went to random nearby gathering places with the ice cream. Chemosh then went to the gathering points and got The Beloved to follow him through temporary portals he made with ice cream. With in two hours the Beloved appeared in front of Rodiclus with two tonnes of ice cream. Chemosh walked up to the gods and looked at them.

Hello, who are you? I am Chemosh, anyways I will take that praise now.As you can see we have brought the ice cream. I know the Beloved are too numerous to be praised as a whole so I will gladly take it myself. Chemosh said smiling. He hoped the praise would be a pretty good one. While he waited for the praise he brought the Beloved back to their home. Once home they started making ice cream and selling it off as a luxury item for quite a profit.

Spoiler
    Show

"I am known as Quaestus... and you are? He said, turning to face the other deity. So there were more. The Broker wondered just how many of them there were in existence... every last one of them held the potential for some kind of deal, some measure of profit.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Syimi and Yanyeeku

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwanch View Post
    "Perhaps you are right, Syimi, but I would like to learn more about you. A woman of your caliber is certain to be as sweet as an eternal honey such that is found in only in the saccharine of gemstone roses. How about we meet directly someplace beautiful? We could have a feast under the dusk!

"Your compliments are well-received, though they are a bit heavy handed. Maybe in time I will accept your invitation, but not now. See the example of our brethren Gharda, and how he shows concern for a small child. Even the one who hates with a fury that the hottest fires cannot match shows protective instincts towards many. You seem to have abandoned your children of light, and they cry out in pain."

A small village of no consequence

The white-haired child, now named Kaleea, celebrates her tenth year of life by the lunar calendar. They have been hard years, being mocked by the other children for her strange appearance, and expected to have wisdom and skill far beyond her capabilities by the adults.
    She goes to the open fields near her home, as she does every night. She stares up at the full moon, still saddened by the destruction wrought upon its beautiful surface by the rouge star. "My Lady Syimi, who gives us guidance through the night, most beautiful of all the gods, will you speak to me this night? The elders say I am chosen by you, but I have never heard your words for myself. Whenever I ask, they say "You are not old enough to hear the words of Syimi in your heart" but I have read of you, and know your love is not like that. What do you want of me, Most Passionate One?
    There is silence in the clearing, and Kaleea hangs her head. I am not worthy of hearing my lady's words. The other children are right...I am nothing more than a freak.She moves to leave, but then notices the steady brightening all around her, a silver-white glow.
    "I have heard you, Kaleea, and I love you more than you can ever know. You are my chosen, and I have called you to spread my word to the world. This is a world of strange and capricious gods. Many are angry and full of hate, and their creations violent. This world needs to know care and love." A radiant being descends from the heavens, clad in flowing white. She wraps her arms around the young child, who is crying uncontrollably at this point, never having been surrounded by such a feeling of peace. "Will you help me, beloved? Will you tell this world of the ways of serenity, while helping them find their passions?"
    Every fiber of Kaleea's being screams "YES!"
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2013-01-06 at 07:38 PM.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Xethos

Kyth'ra had noticed some turmoil on some kind of large floating crystal city. Several forces battled it out, but there was one being that sought to destroy all others that approached it. He split a shard off to rally some knights from his Kingdom, and they appeared below him in the crystal garden, equipped with full sets of armour and hardened swords and lances, atop their noble warhorses. "CHARGE!" shouted Kyth'ra as he appeared leading the knight's charge on his warhorse with a lance pointed at the creatures of malice.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to note that the amount of knights would be about 100-150 or so, considering the threat.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Eavesdropping on Gods

Toraminus took his favored form. A gaunt, almost skeletal man, with dark grey eyes, and wearing robes concealing his form. The black fabric was too plain for the Lord of Destruction, and Toraminus willed it to have color. A pattern of dark violet appeared, marking him apart from others who may look alike, as many old humans may. He chuckled to himself, standing up and surveying the place he had come to. An alley. He peered around the corner of a building, seeing a town plaza with three figures in it. One child, one merchant, and one man. They all radiated divine energy. Toraminus squinted, his senses listening in on their conversation.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Yanyeeku delivered a Eulogy at Phaeton's funeral after he wrote a memo to himself about a future decree and slipped it under his throne seat. The people were touched by the beautiful epic poem he recited and by his confession about the eclipse. He came to each one and hugged them, greeting each by their name.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Premier returned to the main fleet of Architects, with the captured Spider Traps. They started performing experiments on the seeds. Pioneer had started field testing the new second generation Vanguard specs. He had made multiple forays back into the Crystal Gardens, always with a squad of second gen Vanguards with him. THeir new armor could block the crystal sharpness the spider traps possessed, and their lightning could damage the crystal monsters rather efficiently now. THere were now 'safe zones' where the SPidertraps have been rid of, and as such had an Architect put there to tend to them, and collect seeds.

Meanwhile, Premier had been slowly upgraded into being a second generation Architect. Now he had mass launchers, for firing refuse out of, and could fly lower or higher, able to skim the atmosphere at will. Onboard, there were also areas for biological civilians.
    "1427. It is not a race to 0 SAN."
    From Things Mr Welch is not Allowed to Do In an RPG
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Eavesdropping on Gods

Toraminus took his favored form. A gaunt, almost skeletal man, with dark grey eyes, and wearing robes concealing his form. The black fabric was too plain for the Lord of Destruction, and Toraminus willed it to have color. A pattern of dark violet appeared, marking him apart from others who may look alike, as many old humans may. He chuckled to himself, standing up and surveying the place he had come to. An alley. He peered around the corner of a building, seeing a town plaza with three figures in it. One child, one merchant, and one man. They all radiated divine energy. Toraminus squinted, his senses listening in on their conversation.
    Quaestus abruptly cleared his throat and glanced at the alley, his acute senses picking up the divine force. And yet another. He thought, before speaking. "It appears as though we have another guest." The Merchant said to the Gods around him, but more than loud enough for the eavesdropping deity to hear.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    The Pridelands / Faelan's Lands
    Hel, The Glorious Matron

"My, my, that is.." The eyes of the mad goddess squeezed shut for a moment as it felt as if life was draining from her. "Madness runs in my family." She explained as she composed herself, adjusting her regal attire and looking quite dignified once more. "What purpose will you give the lions, hmm? They love these wilds, these are their Pridelands, and they love them as I do. I find myself inexplicably drawn to this serene place of glory."

One of her pets, a large alpha male dire lion stepped up beside her and growled at the other god. She ran her hand slowly down the mane causing it to purr.

"Nobility and savagery.. two sides of the same coin for what is nobility but civilized savagery? You play a dangerous game. And it amuses me. Which one of us do you think would better represent savagery, and the other nobility, by our attire? Hmm? And yet here we are."

"The lions serve to strike fear into the heart of even the most rebellious of men, fear that is able to ensure their servitude, for if they choose otherwise, well, lets just say they rarely choose otherwise...", with an amused smile he continues, "Though, even I must admit I am not sure how to react to these new ones, the lions that walk as men, they are somewhat disconcerting, if they shall prove too ambitious I may have to do something."

Ashandra-Tor
    How intriguing, I have always been fond of courtly matters, though they rarely went in my favour...
    No longer in a good mood, he sends a shard of his essence to see what the summons was about.

"I greet you, Winter Queen, and wonder why you summoned me, the most esteemed and glorious of all the gods, save maybe Hel, the most beauteous, but I digress, why am I here? he demands, trying to sound as dignified as possible
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Ashandra-Tor

She accepted the honey flavoured snow cone from Rodlicus, but she didn't start eating it just yet.
    "I deny nothing Syimi. The champion of the mortal races has already persuaded me to relent. I will not keep you from your work."
    The ravens that had guided Chemosh and Hubris flew up to join Maleficent.
    "Welcome Chemosh and Hubris. I have invited both of you such that we may all join together as one Court for the benefit of us all. Our power can only increase in magnitude if we join as a pantheon."

Throughout the World

The ravens continued their flight searching for other divine sparks, the Sunlight glinting off their icy feathers.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashandra-Tor

"I see, you must have heard of my magnificence, and wish me to head your Pantheon, an intriguing thought", Hubris seems deep in thought, considering your perceived offer
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Ashandra-Tor

Aeron smiled at Hubris's... hubris.
    "Though I am certain a being of your magnificence would make the perfect leader, I have already formed the catalysing matrix. I cannot transfer it onto another being without destroying it."
    She walked toward him, her gown brushing the icy floor behind her.
    "Do not worry Lord Hubris, the position of leader is symbolic only. I make no claims of sovereignty over you."
    With a smile on her face, she drew her sword and used it to idly cut a snowflake in half before sheathing it again.
    "Of course, unless you wish to swear fealty to the sword. But I know you never will."
    She turned from him and ascended her throne, snow cone in hand.
    "It's up to you Hubris. By joining with the Serene Court, you gain extra power at no expense to you."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #171

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzer View Post
    Quaestus nodded curtly, and gave his progenitor a short bow. "I am known as Quaestus, Father. Where are we?" He questioned as he observed the land before him, trying to get the measure of the realm they were in.

"Well, er... son? Do you want me to call you 'son', or by your name? Anyway, we're in a prosperous merchant town right now, on the west of this world, which belongs to us. Well, not 'US' two, but rather 'us' as in the Gods. There are many, many more of our kind here." replied Rodlicus, aethereal spaghetti spewing from his pockets.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

"Such as this fella!" he proceeded to add.
    "Chemosh! So you decided to take a walk as well while in that court. AND YOU BROUGHT ICE CREAM!!! You know, I should probably hug you. Anyway, a deal is a deal. Hold still." said Rodlicus, stretching a hand and placing its ethearlity on Chemosh's shoulder.
    Vroom-vroom-vroom... VROOM-vroom-vroom-vroom... VROOM-VROOM-VROOM-VROOM-VROOM-VROO-ppppt
    "Er...."
    VROOMVROOMVROOMVROOMVROOMVROOMVROOMVROOMVROOMpppppt
    "Ok... looks like I can't actually praise another God... would you rather I give a blessing to all those kids that brought it here?" he asked.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzer View Post
    Quaestus abruptly cleared his throat and glanced at the alley, his acute senses picking up the divine force. And yet another. He thought, before speaking. "It appears as though we have another guest." The Merchant said to the Gods around him, but more than loud enough for the eavesdropping deity to hear.

"I see him." said Rodlicus. "Wait... who is that? Chemosh, you know that guy?"

MEANWHILE, IN XETHOS

Seeing as the Vanguards were clearing areas within the gardens, Kyth'ra's men would be forced to go through the gardens as well. Their charge would drive them in deep, and yet, this should have been cause for concern, for whilst they charged at the Spidertraps fighting the Vanguards, the rest of the aggressive crystal plants in that part of the garden lunged at them from the ground, indistinguishable from regular gemstone roses up until they attacked, or remained in place, transformed into their monstrous selves, and chomped at the legs of the horses as they passed.

MEANWHILE, IN ASHANDRA-TOR

Rodlicus prepared one more honey snow cone for the new arrival, and left it floating next to Hubris in case he wanted some. He had to say, he liked the idea of joining the prospectful Pantheon. After all, from what he had learned from Dorsug in his previous life, power was good. Dorsug had also said something about corroding or something like that when too much power was had, but it probably wasn't important.

The REAL issue though, was that, despite being a God, Rodlicus was freezing. Oh man, he felt a Godly cold coming up as well. Of course, he did his best to retain his composure and manners while in the presence of the otheACHOO!

Oh boy... For some reason, Rodlicus felt as if he'd been drained of power.

MEANWHILE, IN A HUMAN-WORKED FARM SOMEWHERE

Little Roddy "Puddy Buddy" Kertin played with his dol-action figures while taking a rest from helping out in the farm. Man, when he grew up, he wanted to be a warrior! Wear armor, use swords and fight monsters, just like the heroes from the stories his father told him at night! He'd go riding on horses, and fighting mages, and rescuing princesses, and doing all sorts of awesome stuff! But... deep down, he knew that wouldn't happen. He was just a farmer kid... and then he'd become a farmer too. But he didn't want to stay in the farm! He wanted to see the world and become a hero and- why does it sound like something is falliSPLAT!

Little Roddy HP 1/10, Critical Hit from Holy Mucus
    Little Roddy has gained the trait "Potential Leader"

Spoiler
    Show
    Promote Leader: Little Roddy, in the future, will become a leader blessed by the God of Incompetence. -3 AP
    Rodlicus: 3/15 AP
    Last edited by Rodman; 2013-01-07 at 07:55 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Bugbear in the Playground

Unknown
    Helen, The Wandering Maiden

The area that the young girl wandered in has become exceedingly dangerous, and her powers of godliness whisked her away before even meeting the god of this land or any of the strange creates he made that she did want to see. The last thing she saw before vanishing was the horrific site of a Gemstone Monster Flower barring down on her, teeth barred.

Where ever she went next... she hoped it was more hospitable then this.

Tura-Ashandra
    Helkarava, The Mad Crone

On that icy shore, The Mad Crone and an aspect of beauty faced off.

"Why, thank you, I do try to keep myself in shape." Hel boasted, fanning herself even though it was assuredly freezing out. "Ah.. how dare you touch me?" She spat, her narrows growing narrow as the soft and feminine hand touched her cheek. Helkarava placed her hand over Syimis, caressing it softly.

"The most beautiful statue does no good if it is locked away in a dark room..." She repeated Syimi's words, echoing them back to her slowly as if trying to understand them. Without warning, the caressing of the other goddess' hand turned violent and rough as Hel grabbed her hand and tried to keep it where it was. The Mad Goddess gave her a slasher smile that showed off nearly every row of her thousands of sharp and pointy mermaid/shark teeth.

"You are correct, of course, my dear Beautiful One!" Hel continued in mock admiration. "In order to be the most beautiful one there is I have only one recourse.. I must lock you in a dark room for all eternity so that none may experience your beauty!" The jealous goddess declared, laughing madly and attempted to grab Syimi even more firmly around the waist with her other arm.

The Pridelands
    Hel, The Glorious Matron

And suddenly the savage was gone.

"I suppose some gods only have a limited vocabulary and must leave before they embarrass themselves." The Glorious One said haughtily. She gave a disapprovingly look across the water at the new land that existed in Faelan's wake and the new creatures that dwelt there. By all rights, these beings were her subjects and she could claim them. And soon she would.

Ashandra-Tor
    Hel, The Glorious Matron

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by HopeHubris View Post
    Ashandra-Tor
    How intriguing, I have always been fond of courtly matters, though they rarely went in my favour...
    No longer in a good mood, he sends a shard of his essence to see what the summons was about.

"I greet you, Winter Queen, and wonder why you summoned me, the most esteemed and glorious of all the gods, save maybe Hel, the most beauteous, but I digress, why am I here? he demands, trying to sound as dignified as possible

"Why, thank you, my very own Lord of Compliments." Hel said with condensation as she too entered the majestic Ashandra-Tor. The Glorious Matron gave an odd look to the Syimi that existed these, a knowing look that elsewhere they too were at conflict. But not here. It was something that pressed at the back of this regal goddess' mind. "And greetings to you as well, Syimi." She continued icily, "And to all the rest."

"I love your work." Hel said, as way of greeting, finally turning to face the Winter Queen directly. "And I appreciate your summons- although, I find it much less special now that I know you've invited all the riffraff and not me specifically. I would have loved to see how much suffering eternal winter could cause-" She suggested hopefully, "But I'm sure you have reasons."

"You're a queen too, hmm? I'm afraid these may only be room for one Queen here. And that is, of course, myself, Hel the Glorious Queen." Hel took a bow as she introduced herself finally. "And I have to wonder, why would you want to increase my power, Queen of Winter? Power for powers sake.. or do you have plans for all that power?" Hel continued, saving Aeron from having to pitch the pantheon once again, as she approached her throne unbidden.

"Because, sister, I have plans of my own. And if you want to bring the fear than I'm going to need a little more than a seat at your kids table."

The Slithering Deep
    Screeches Many-Decibles

"Oh, of course, mighty one.. you are looking quite grand and scaly this evening." Screeches patronized, beaming a smile at the Leviathan. "I think you're really cool, but the rest of my tribe... well, you have been eating them." She appeared to look a little sick at that thought and quickly moved on. "You've pretty much been the bogeyman to my people since the dawn of time."

The young and idealistic mermaid teen swam around the Sea Beast's head happily- mostly at not having to come up for air. "You've already helped us so much though. I hope my tribe isn't worried that they can suddenly breath underwater.." She mused, staring off into the sea in that direction.

"Oh well, I'm sure they're fine- oh! I've got it!" Screeches Many-Decibels yelped excitedly, grabbing onto the Leviathan's face. "My people are mostly starving day to day, maybe you could help out and bring them a ton of fish? Tasty fish!"
    Last edited by Phobia; 2013-01-07 at 12:12 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    Tura-Ashandra
    Helkarava, The Mad Crone

On that icy shore, The Mad Crone and an aspect of beauty faced off.

"Why, thank you, I do try to get myself in shape." Hel boasted, fanning herself even though it was assuredly freezing out. "Ah.. how dare you touch me?" She spat, her narrows growing narrow as the soft and feminine hand touched her cheek. Helkarava placed her hand over Syimis, caressing it softly.

"The most beautiful statue does no good if it is locked away in a dark room..." She repeated Syimi's words, echoing them back to her slowly as if trying to understand them. Without warning, the caressing of the other goddess' hand turned violent and rough as Hel grabbed her hand and tried to keep it where it was. The Mad Goddess gave her a slasher smile that showed off nearly every row of her thousands of sharp and pointy mermaid/shark teeth.

"You are correct, of course, my dear Beautiful One!" Hel continued in mock admiration. "In order to be the most beautiful there is only one recourse.. I must lock you in a dark room for all eternity so that none may experience your beauty!" The jealous goddess declared, laughing madly and attempted to grab Syimi even more firmly around the waist with her other arm.

Tura-Ashandra

Syimi turns to moonlight at the Mad Crone grabs at her. The silver-white glow reappears behind the goddess, and Syimi materializes with her hands wrapped around Helkarava's waist, and her head resting on the other goddess' shoulder. "You forget, Beauty-filled-with-hate, I created light in the darkness. Your jealousy has blinded you, and you can see nothing. You are already in the darkest room, one of your own making." The last words are whispered, as Syimi fades away.

Ashandra-Tor

The aspect of Syimi at Ashandra-Tor smiles at Hel, the Glorious Matron. "Greetings to you as well, Lady of Loneliness."

The Moon

Syimi surveys the blasted landscape created by the Idiot God's arrival and sighs. Her feet hang off the edge of many kilometers-high cliff, and she plays with the asteroid belt around the moon, dancing the rocks back and forth with strings of moonlight. The mortals below were tormented and blighted, subject to the fury of such hateful ones Helkarava and Aeron, barely protected by champions such as Yanyeeku and Kyth'ra, and played with by the likes of Rodlicus. Soon, Kaleea would be ready, and the passions of the world would be unleashed so the mortals could stand up to their deities and say, "We are not playthings".
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2013-01-07 at 11:49 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Helios was saddened by the loss of his brother and wondered if anybody cared about the photons. Yanyeeku seemed to care somewhat, but his pursuit of Syimi made Helios wonder if Yanyeeku remembered the little people. He sat, listlessly dangling his feet from the side of Xethos. He needed a friend.

25. - Top - End - #175

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Back at the Tower-house, one of Rodlicus' shards lay down on his bed, within the replica of his old home. He had some thinking to do.
    First, he was a parent now, apparently.
    Second, the new arrival to the frozen place was someone even he could tell was missing a couple sandwiches in their picnic.
    Third, something had been bothering him at the back of his mind. He could feel another important presence somewhere, he just wasn't sure where exactly.
    Welp! No better time than now to start searching! This shard set off to tracking down whatever that other presence was and, against all odds, took like five minutes in doing so. He was now in Fearghas, hovering over a farmer's home. Yup, the presence that called out to him was in there. Having its general location, Rodlicus' shard turned into a plank of wood. Yes, here in the ceiling he had an excellent vantage point from which to see and hear what was going on inside. Unfortunately, he forgot to nail himself to the ceiling, causing the plank to fall off, right ontop a heavily-banadaged kid's head.
    "OW!" cried out the kid as Rodlicus, having failed in his stealthy approach, reverted into his ethereal form.
    "Holy crap, I'm so sorry! Hey kid, tell me something. Have you seen a big source of Divine Power here, or something supernatural or the like?" he asked.
    "Wha- Who are you, and what are you doing in my room?!" cried out the kid, sobbing after being his in the head with a plank of wood.
    "Oh, I'm Rodlicus the Fabulous, and I'm looking for the source of some divine presence! Now, have you seen anything weird recently?" he proceeded to ask.
    "Yeah. A big, nasty ball of goo fell on me when I was playing outside. The doctor says I'll get better, but I've been feeling really weird." answered the kid.
    "A big ball of... goo... aw crap..." said Rodlicus, as he put his ethereal hand on the kids head. Immediately, he felt the connection. He had been promoted from a mere mortal, to a Leader, all by a random ball of snot. Dandy. Well, his nature as a God told him that he couldn't leave a Leader created by him to fend off without guidance. Then again, he didn't want to harm the kid and tell him he had accidentally been granted power thanks to mucus. So he came up with an idea.
    "I see. Ok, listen here kid. I'm sure you've heard my name before, right?" he asked, certain that his exploits (read: none) had gained the admiration of the all mortals, making them worship him.
    "No, I've never heard your name before, mister." answered the kid.
    "Riiiight. Damn. Ok, here's the thing. Notice how I can float, and I'm almost transparent, and I dress inhumanely well? That's because I am a God, and I have come here to make you an offer kid! Do you want to see the world, and be awesome when you grow up?!" he pitched, gaining a wide-eyed expression from the kid.
    "You mean, like fighting monsters and saving damsels?!" asked the kid, excited.
    "Sure, yeah, those things." answered Rodlicus.
    "Oh yes mister-er...Godman!"
    "Good! Then hocus-pocus, barrracuda, bam! When you grow up, you'll be the leader of your people. You'll bring them prosperity, peace, and all that awesome good stuff! By the way kid, what's your name?"
    "Oh, my name's Rodan Mister Godman, but everyone calls me Roddy." answered the kid, to which Rodlicus' answered in a rather pleased manner.
    "THAT IS THE BEST POSSIBLE NAME, KID! You're going to be big, I assure you. Well, for now, bye. I need to go do God stuff so see ya." said Rodlicus before poofing away.

Anyone with a minute degree of intellect would have noticed the rather unnatural reactions the kid displayed when confronted with Rodlicus' presence and the revelation of what he was. There was a bit of a problem here.
    Little did Rodlicus know, the kid was almost an entirely perfect match for a God such as him.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ashandra-Tor

Oxonj formed in the presence of the Winter Queen, parts fly together, before being covered by a false skin. He looked about his surroundings,"I have heard of this meeting via raven messenger. Greetings, I am Oxonj, the Synthetic Mind."
    "1427. It is not a race to 0 SAN."
    From Things Mr Welch is not Allowed to Do In an RPG
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Random Village, talking to Rodlicus and the others

I'm sure the Beloved would love the blessing so go right ahead. I have no idea who that is... then again I don't know most of the gods here. Chemosh said smiling. He hoped the Beloved liked their unexpected surprise.

Ashandra-Tor

I would love to join the pantheon but it will take me some time to save up the energy to join it. Chemosh said. He was curious what made that god so esteemed and glorious compared to every other god and goddess out there. He wondered if someone would make a mountain or something for all of them to live on and meet instead of meeting in random places all over the world.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

XETHOS

Yanyeeku, keeping his main form in Xethos, sent an aspect of himself to Ashanda-Tor. Yanyeeku was courious what it would feel like to be a photon rather than a mostly human (he had an elven grandmother, hence the subtly elf-like ears on an otherwise human form.). He stroked his golden beard as he thought of the dimensions of the photon he wanted to create. He finally decided he would make a composite photon (he took all the most common features of photons and used them.), the only two exceptions being that it would generate its own light (which, in a mortal photon, would be like a human [who can't live long without air] replacing a lung with air) and this photon could levitate. He had always wanted to be a father, and the photon were about as close as he ever got to being one. Maybe if he could see through one of their two eyes, he could know more what to do… how things would feel…

FLASHBACK TO FUNERAL EULOGY:

"We will all miss Phaeton. He was a fun loving soul. To tell the truth, the eclipse was at my fault. If you want to hate somebody, hate me. Do not hate the Xethos pilot, Anyta Lyphe. I learned a cold lesson from the moon, you are sentient beings and should be treated as such. I thought that the compassion link would keep order and harmony, but I was wrong. I know now that the compassion link was a horrendous mistake, but all I wanted was to prevent fighting… if only I had the energy to replace it with something kinder…"

ASHANDA-TOR, PRESENT (THE SHINING):

Yanyeeku appeared as The Shining, Helios in tow. He wanted to do anything to make that one photon feel better. The Shining took the prismatic rainbow gig to the same level as his people, though he was able to keep a mini sun INSIDE him. The shining felt his ears. This was the first time he had sent an aspect of himself someplace rather than going himself. Photon ears weren't subtly pointy like his true form's ears, instead being much longer and forming an slightly acute angle. He felt his flesh. Photons where much made of much tougher stuff (hard as diamond) that was also flexible. He said to Helios, "You helped me, and I killed your brother. Please tell me if there is anything that would make you feel better…. I will make good on my promise of making you a hero, but I just feel wrong that their is no way to bring Phaeton back from the dead…"

He lifted Helios with him up to the top of the citadel. Chemosh was already there, as was Aeron. Yanyeeku hoped that being with Helios as a photon rather than a human would help repair some bridges.

"Hello, Aeron! Wh…wha…who…?!?"

The alarm came when The Shining gazed upon Chemosh, who had brought his own companion. "

"By Yan, that looks a lot like…"

"Phaeton," Helios finished.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Ashandra-Tor

After Rodlicus sneezed, a large handkerchief of pure white cloth appeared before him and a white fur cape around his shoulders.
    "Apologies Sir Rodlicus. I forget that others do not appreciate the cold as I do."
    Her smile faded as Hel appeared. Dealing with two of them would be a strain on her composure. Though her hands gripped the arms of her throne ever so slightly harder for a brief moment, she resisted the urge to banish Hel like the arrogant peasant girl she was. She decided against a smile at the moment because it would definitely look forced.
    "Greetings Majestic Hel. You are correct, I did have my reasons for ending the Eternal Winter when I did. When those reasons are no longer in force, then Eternal Winter shall return forever.
    "And do not be afraid sister-"
    Composure Aeron. You don't want to offend her by throwing up just now. -"I have no intention of taking your glory. I want only my domain."
    As Hel approached the dais, she felt the tension rise. Here was a woman who was not at all lacking in self-esteem. That was the nicest way to put it.
    "Patience. Let us acquire the power first before we decide for what task we should each employ it."
    As Oxonj arrived, the ravens that had gathered already flew down and perched on the back of Aeron's throne, looking inquisitively at the assembled deities. Clearly the invitation should have held more details. Fortunately, dear old Chemosh was there. Finally, cause to start smiling again.
    "Perfectly understandable Lord Chemosh. You may create the link at any time."
    She turned back to Oxonj.
    "As you can no doubt ascertain, I have formed a pantheon for the benefit of us all. The Serene Court of Winter it is called in honour of the pristine beauty and serenity of Winter."
    Just as she was to launch into an explanation of the processes involved, another deity appeared. Perhaps inviting everyone at once was not a wise idea, especially without giving a time... The short explanation would have to do. Damn... That happy crystal creature was back... Only it didn't look so happy at the moment.
    "As I was just saying to Oxonj, I am inviting everyone into the pantheon I formed. We will all benefit from the increased power that it brings. Merely expend the necessary energy to make the link to the catalysing matrix.
    "And again I stress to those concerned, my position as leader is symbolic and carries no authority."

Smile Aeron... Or at least don't look stressed. Composure is the key to diplomacy... Before her throne appeared a scroll of pure white parchment and a vial of midnight blue ink. The ink floated out from the vial and began forming words on the parchment explaining to whole process to the newcomers interested in the technical details.
    Using the distraction created by whatever it was Helios and Yanyeeku were so interested in, Aeron finally bit into her snow cone. Mmm... That is some nice honey. And the freezing sensation is an excellent touch...
    Last edited by Elemental; 2013-01-08 at 08:17 AM.

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #180

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Random Village, talking to Rodlicus and the others

I'm sure the Beloved would love the blessing so go right ahead. I have no idea who that is... then again I don't know most of the gods here. Chemosh said smiling. He hoped the Beloved liked their unexpected surprise.

Alright, it was time to get to work. Now, those looked like some pretty good kids, if a bit dead-eyed. Now, what do kids like to do? Kids like to play with dolls. However, dolls never answer back. Unless the kid has issues, of course, but that's something else entirely. So why not make the dolls answer!
    "Chermosh, I think I've got the perfect blessing. THE KIDS WILL LOVE IT!"

Pulling off a single one of his hairs, he stretched it in three dimensions to create a stick figure, and then punched it in the air, causing the stick figure to be be vaporized. What purpose did that serve? Don't know, but the blessing of the Beloved was in effect.
    To thank the kids for their service, Rodlicus decided to give them companions. Granted, their necromancy already lets them do that on their own, but it's not like Rodlicus knew that.
    Instead of a relatively-decomposed reanimated corpse, however, the kids got a different gift. A single of each of the kids' toys, specifically, each one's favorite one, would gain consciousness. It wasn't life, per-say, but rather a sort of independent puppeteering. Each of the toys' "prime directive", as it were, was to keep their kid both safe and happy. As such, they would learn everything about their kid through regular interaction, and, when not with them, attempt to learn better communication methods to be able to comfort the kids in their time of need, talk them out of doing dangerous things, or, should the kids get in trouble anyway, do everything physically in their power to ensure their safety. This blessing, being cast upon the entirety of the Beloved, would take place immediately on its current numbers, and would affect those unfortunate enough to meet the criteria to become one. In essence, the kids' favorite toys would, upon the kids' conversion to the Beloved, become guardian golems whose sole purpose was their entrusted one.
    Surprisingly, the unintended side effect this time turned out to be rather beneficial. The guardian golems would gain a limited amount of magical power based entirely on the inspiration for the toy. A figurine of a knight would gain an actual sword, and body armor, all scaled to size. A doll of a wizard would gain magical abilities scaled to fit it. A model of a bird would be able to fly. So on, and so forth.
    "There ya go! I'm telling you, the kids will absolutely love that blessing. Take a look by yourself; couple of good guys to watch over them."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bless: The Beloved are blessed with golems for their protection. -1 AP
    Rodlicus: 2/15 AP

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ashandra-Tor

After Rodlicus sneezed, a large handkerchief of pure white cloth appeared before him and a white fur cape around his shoulders.
    "Apologies Sir Rodlicus. I forget that others do not appreciate the cold as I do."
    Her smile faded as Hel appeared. Dealing with two of them would be a strain on her composure. Though her hands gripped the arms of her throne ever so slightly harder for a brief moment, she resisted the urge to banish Hel like the arrogant peasant girl she was. She decided against a smile at the moment because it would definitely look forced.
    "Greetings Majestic Hel. You are correct, I did have my reasons for ending the Eternal Winter when I did. When those reasons are no longer in force, then Eternal Winter shall return forever.
    "And do not be afraid sister-"
    Composure Aeron. You don't want to offend her by throwing up just now. -"I have no intention of taking your glory. I want only my domain."
    As Hel approached the dais, she felt the tension rise. Here was a woman who was not at all lacking in self-esteem. That was the nicest way to put it.
    "Patience. Let us acquire the power first before we decide for what task we should each employ it."
    As Oxonj arrived, the ravens that had gathered already flew down and perched on the back of Aeron's throne, looking inquisitively at the assembled deities. Clearly the invitation should have held more details. Fortunately, dear old Chemosh was there. Finally, cause to start smiling again.
    "Perfectly understandable Lord Chemosh. You may create the link at any time."
    She turned back to Oxonj.
    "As you can no doubt ascertain, I have formed a pantheon for the benefit of us all. The Serene Court of Winter it is called in honour of the pristine beauty and serenity of Winter."
    Just as she was to launch into an explanation of the processes involved, another deity appeared. Perhaps inviting everyone at once was not a wise idea, especially without giving a time... The short explanation would have to do. Damn... That happy crystal creature was back... Only it didn't look so happy at the moment.
    "As I was just saying to Oxonj, I am inviting everyone into the pantheon I formed. We will all benefit from the increased power that it brings. Merely expend the necessary energy to make the link to the catalysing matrix.
    "And again I stress to those concerned, my position as leader is symbolic and carries no authority."

Smile Aeron... Or at least don't look stressed. Composure is the key to diplomacy... Before her throne appeared a scroll of pure white parchment and a vial of midnight blue ink. The ink floated out from the vial and began forming words on the parchment explaining to whole process to the newcomers interested in the technical details.
    Using the distraction created by whatever it was Helios and Yanyeeku were so interested in, Aeron finally bit into her snow cone. Mmm... That is some nice honey. And the freezing sensation is an excellent touch...

That was much better. To be honest, Rodlicus had never liked cold weather much.
    "Thanks, White Queen. Much appreciated."
    Atleast the Queen cared about that, which was always a plus in his book. However, by the time Aeron sat down on her throne once more, one thing was obvious. She and the new God-lady... God-woman... Goddess? Yeah, Goddess. Her and the new Goddess? He had seen enough catfights in his previous life to know they were both holding punches.
    He also knew well enough to not get in and try to stop them. He'd tried once, back when he was a mortal. It ended bad enough that he wasn't even going to try to remember it, lest he visibly cringe infront of everyone.
    Last edited by Rodman; 2013-01-08 at 02:27 PM.