New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XIV: A Lightning Arc in All But Speed!

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    She's distantly related to Lucrezia, so she's technically related to the Heterodynes by marriage if nothing else...
    She's a MONGFISH! Who in their right mind - aside from Bill Heterodyne and Theo's father who apparently was a Major Hero too - would marry a MONGFISH???

I mean, obviously SOME people do, because the family perpetuates itself, but there we're into the 'in their right mind' part...

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Marry doesn't have to factor into it, if it's just about continuing the line.

It's very possible that every now and then the Mongefish family will have to *ahem* take matters into their own hands to ensure the continuation of the line.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    She's a MONGFISH! Who in their right mind - aside from Bill Heterodyne and Theo's father who apparently was a Major Hero too - would marry a MONGFISH???

I mean, obviously SOME people do, because the family perpetuates itself, but there we're into the 'in their right mind' part...
    Dude, did you SEE lucrezia? Girl be hot. Im sure there are more than a few hormonal sparks that could be tempted if the family line trends in that direction.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Dude, did you SEE lucrezia? Girl be hot. Im sure there are more than a few hormonal sparks that could be tempted if the family line trends in that direction.
    In a choice between Mongfish and death, I think I'd choose Mongfish.

Not that I wouldn't give it some thought, first. Weighing the pros and cons.

And I'm sure that that is not an unheard of situation.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    Ok. What about this one?
    BLASPHEMY! That's the redone one! And Han shot first!

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    In a choice between Mongfish and death, I think I'd choose Mongfish.
    There are worse fates than death and marrying a Mongfish might be one of them.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

We are discussing the Mongfish line..."marriage or death" might not even be an option so much as "marriage before or after death".

8. - Top - End - #458
    Bugbear in the Playground

Isn't "spark" and "in their right mind" pretty much an oxymoron? Besides, being heroes would just mean they'd be more likely to fall for the Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter ploy.
    ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I would agree Lu is - or was - sexy. Although there's a 'China Doll' aspect to her looks that I find distasteful. Pinky, too. But with Lucrezia, it might also be we haven't really seen her face - HER face, not Agatha's face reflecting her moods - with much in the way of soft expressions. That sketch of her releasing a swarm of artificial butterflies, face alight with joy, as Klaus looks on. Her farewell to Klaus as he passes out from the drugged drink, when she actually looks loving. Most of the views we've gotten of Lu in her body bespeak a kind of smug arrogance, or unholy pleasure, that doesn't appeal to me...

Of course for some people - and Sparks - that would be an immense turn-on.

10. - Top - End - #460

Probably, some Mongfishes-by-mairrage are just as evil as their mates, and the Mongfish Spark seems to be strongest in mind-control and biology, so they could do a lot in the way of seduction. Plus, if a Mongfish takes a fancy to some non-Spark commoner, there's not a lot the fiancee can do about it.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

11. - Top - End - #461

On a totally unrealted note, I thought you might be interested in my recipe for Wulfendyne Wedding Draught. (I'm working on a fanfic of Gil and Agatha's wedding reception, and a couple of bottles of this stuff have been made for Gil, Agatha, Violet, Klaus, Tarkvek, and a couple of other main characters to drink in the toast to bride and groom.) In the words of Agatha Wulfenbach "As this is a wedding of Sparks, it seems appropriate to serve a drink that only a Spark would be brilliant enough to make, and only a Spark would be crazy enough to drink."

Recipe for Wulfendyne wedding drink
    4 oz absolutely perfect coffee brewed with Dyne-water
    4 oz double-fortified Lingonberry Snap
    4 oz 300-proof whiskey
    4 oz 200-proof electrical acid sugar doom
    Mix ingredients inside diamond bottle, shake vigorously, then place on top of Doom Bell Tower and ring bell. Drink should be thoroughly mixed by this point. If ingredients have not mixed, ring bell until they agree to mix. Keep chilled until serving, as this will result in the drink being sluggish at decanting. Makes 12 oz.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Agatha Wulfenbach
    (cough cough)Gilgamesh Heterodyne(cough)

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Recipe for Wulfendyne wedding drink
    4 oz absolutely perfect coffee brewed with Dyne-water
    4 oz double-fortified Lingonberry Snap
    4 oz 300-proof whiskey
    4 oz 200-proof electrical acid sugar doom
    Mix ingredients inside diamond bottle, shake vigorously, then place on top of Doom Bell Tower and ring bell. Drink should be thoroughly mixed by this point. If ingredients have not mixed, ring bell until they agree to mix. Keep chilled until serving, as this will result in the drink being sluggish at decanting. Makes 12 oz.
    Um, 4+4+4+4 equals 16, not 12. Does the mixing vaporize 4 oz of liquid from the concoction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Um, 4+4+4+4 equals 16, not 12. Does the mixing vaporize 4 oz of liquid from the concoction?
    Considering the high alcohol content and acid, I'd say a good bit just evaporates.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #465

Quote Originally Posted by GaeasSon View Post
    (cough cough)Gilgamesh Heterodyne(cough)
    Well, we don't know for certain that Europan Sparks follow our convention of the bride taking the groom's last name, but we know that the groom doesn't take the bride's (William Heterodyne, for example.) and we know that any descendants use the groom's last name (Theophilus DuMedd, Zola Malfezium, Klaus and Agatha Heterodyne).

I have no idea how you can mix 16 oz of ingredients and only get 12 oz of drink. I also have no idea how Agatha managed to make the 3-pronged blvit she's holding in Panel 3 here (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20120109). This was only one of several things about this drink that were either bizzare or flat-out impossible. As Agatha said, only a Spark could possibly make this.

Lego Ergo Sum

16. - Top - End - #466

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Even more complicated; not only does a dirigible have a "stiff" outer shell, but the gas is not just floating around in there; there are separate gas baloons inside the shell, so you can walk around between them and look for damages etc.
    Castle Wulfenbach is almost certainly a dirigible, then. Baron is far to intelligent to risk his castle being shot down by one hit.

Lego Ergo Sum

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Well, we don't know for certain that Europan Sparks follow our convention of the bride taking the groom's last name, but we know that the groom doesn't take the bride's (William Heterodyne, for example.) and we know that any descendants use the groom's last name (Theophilus DuMedd, Zola Malfezium, Klaus and Agatha Heterodyne).

I have no idea how you can mix 16 oz of ingredients and only get 12 oz of drink. I also have no idea how Agatha managed to make the 3-pronged blvit she's holding in Panel 3 here (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20120109). This was only one of several things about this drink that were either bizzare or flat-out impossible. As Agatha said, only a Spark could possibly make this.
    Considering that explanations are easily found, it might have been better to say it made 20 oz.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Wait...

No Monday comic?

Edit: oops, double.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2013-03-04 at 08:28 AM.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #469

If you're lucky, that's all it vaporizes.
    ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChowGuy View Post
    If you're lucky, that's all it vaporizes.
    And where's the fun in that?

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Wait...

No Monday comic?

And a sad was had.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

22. - Top - End - #472
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Wait...

No Monday comic?

Question: Which is more schedule disruptive: traveling or attending a convention in your home town, possibly hosting guests?

Answer: 'I love my friends, but thank God they're gone!'

23. - Top - End - #473
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Okay, I don't know if this has been said previously. I did scan through the earlier pages of this thread when it was immediately relevant, but I didn't see it.

Theory: Gil is wasped, but imprinted on Zola and therefore can't respond to further commands from the proper Other. It would explain her undying trust in him and his instinct to save her even when half-dead.

I have no idea how this relates to the Voice, but Zola is a Mongfish, so maybe they figured out how to mess with it? Even if she isn't sparky herself.

Go ahead and poke holes in that...

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by imany View Post
    Theory: Gil is wasped, but imprinted on Zola and therefore can't respond to further commands from the proper Other. It would explain her undying trust in him and his instinct to save her even when half-dead.
    It is unclear what exactly imprinting is, but it's not that binary. We've seen this in sturmawhatsit, the town was imprinted on pre-Lucrezia Anevka, but still responded to Agatha!Lucrezia's voice.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

25. - Top - End - #475

Quote Originally Posted by imany View Post
    Okay, I don't know if this has been said previously. I did scan through the earlier pages of this thread when it was immediately relevant, but I didn't see it.

I have no idea how this relates to the Voice, but Zola is a Mongfish, so maybe they figured out how to mess with it? Even if she isn't sparky herself.

Go ahead and poke holes in that...
    Hmm... that's an interesting theory. But on the other hand, even if the voiceprint isn't a perfect match, it can still produce temporary effects before the subject recovers control (like when Agatha kept telling Vrin to stop, and then hitting her with the broom). Still, that might fit in with the idea that Agatha could order Gil to stay alive here: (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20100312) because he's a revenant and she was Commanding him.

Lego Ergo Sum

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

You want something done right …

Black-level item?
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

There we go... still a Monday comic. No first-time here!

EDIT: Huh... I didn't think that guy was actually purple... just assumed it was lighting.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2013-03-04 at 05:43 PM.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #478
    Barbarian in the Playground

That's an odd thing to say. Sun is still in Mechanicsburg, or at least he was not long ago.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

He could have been evac'd out when the hospital went kaboom.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

So, will we get a Baron vs Higgs duel?